PDA

View Full Version : Shellback Artworks closing down

BlueBandana
08-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Steve just posted two videos on the Shellback Artworks Facebook page, the first video being a tour of the ground floor of the store and the second being the top floor. Sadly, he mentions at the end of the second video that the store will be closing down in mid-October. :tsad:

plastroncafe
08-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Oh no!
That place is so fantastic!

CyberCubed
08-18-2016, 02:38 PM
Weird, I was just thinking the other day wondering how long Shellback Artworks would remain in business. I didn't expect this to actually happen in reality.

Shame, but I guess it proves individually owned comic book/art stores aren't in high demand when you have big chains.

TheMasterTurtle
08-18-2016, 02:43 PM
There goes my hope of one day having a guaranteed place to meet pete on FCBD. Sucks for the Lavignes. really unfortunate

Redrumh2o
08-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Probably the end of any PL appearances....maybe ever!

I am sad to hear it but not surprised...I don't see how they even stayed in business that long to tell you the truth. I think in order to survive it would have to be in downtown Portsmouth or Portland. The winters are so dead around there and I just don't see how he gets any traffic in besides signings.

BlueBandana
08-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Probably the end of any PL appearances....maybe ever!
I thought the exact same thing, I reallllllly hope Peter doesn't just fade away when the doors close for the final time :tconfuse:

Powder
08-18-2016, 04:41 PM
A major bummer. I'm glad he was able to do it for as long as he did, though. Brought a lot of smiles to a lot of TMNT fans & kids. I'm sad I'll never get to see the place (but I knew my chances weren't very good anyway).

Redrumh2o
08-18-2016, 05:41 PM
One final signing with Pete confirmed!

Andrew NDB
08-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Well, there's still the Words & Pictures Museum...

funatic
08-18-2016, 05:56 PM
One final signing with Pete confirmed!

:tparty::thyper::tparty::thyper::tparty::thyper:

TMNTChris1980
08-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Soooo, I duplicated this thread, but my sentiment is still the same.

Glad to hear that Pete and Steve are doing 1 more signing.

I just read the super depressing news today on Shellback Artworks facebook page. Shellback will be closing in October of this year. The store was really great, I went there as often as I could and everytime I went there I felt like family. Its the end of an era. I highly recommend making the trip there before it closes. Here's the official post from Shellback.

"Thank you to everyone who helped keep Shellback alive from June 2012 thru now. We appreciate it so much. Steve will keep his Shellback facebook page, and will be available for freelance and commission work. Original art will be for sale regularly as well. He & I will also be booking many comic cons all year long. On the schedule so far... Aug 2016 Soda City Con, Oct 2016 Tulsa OK, Nov 2016 Rhode Island Con, Jan 2017 New Orleans. Hopefully... Apr 2017 St Louis and Sept 2017 Nashville. Many more shows will be scheduled in upcoming months. We will be creating a con schedule page soon."

DK2
08-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Damn. Wanted to ask them about some stuff which I assume most of their TMNT old stuff was from Mirage's back stock. Looks like they had the TMNT Playmates statues there. Couldn't tell the one further away was which turtle. Does anyone know if they have any prints left from FCBD 2014 and wasn't there one from 2016 FCBD? Also wanted to know if they have the AC Farley TMNT poster or the 1990 TMNT Collected Book One. Batman/TMNT print by Steve if they have any left.

Redrumh2o
08-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Damn. Wanted to ask them about some stuff which I assume most of their TMNT old stuff was from Mirage's back stock. Looks like they had the TMNT Playmates statues there. Couldn't tell the one further away was which turtle. Does anyone know if they have any prints left from FCBD 2014 and wasn't there one from 2016 FCBD? Also wanted to know if they have the AC Farley TMNT poster or the 1990 TMNT Collected Book One. Batman/TMNT print by Steve if they have any left.

Send Steve a message via FB

Mayhem
08-19-2016, 03:12 AM
Well that sucks. I'd seen Steve announce it was closing Sundays, which was understandable, but can't keep it going at all? I was hoping to get myself there one time, maybe FCBD next year if Peter was attending (he's the only Mirage person I've not met).

member_removed
08-19-2016, 09:53 AM
I made the effort to go there last week (all the way from Australia), well worth the trip. It was just an awesome day! Glad I got to see it before it closes it's doors.

Even when I got off the bus, the lady at the transport centre in Wells had no idea what "Shellbacks" was.

Jephael
08-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Yet another portion of the Mirage legacy fades from existance. I only hope Dan Berger manages to keep www.miragelicensing.com afloat for a few more years.

DK2
08-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Yet another portion of the Mirage legacy fades from existance. I only hope Dan Berger manages to keep www.miragelicensing.com afloat for a few more years.

Well that's up to Mirage about the site still running. I gather until they sell off a chunk of the Mirage back stock of comics and stuff then that'd be the end for them. But also look how much they've been doing for ebay as well. How much does Mirage still have for all them old vintage TMNT merchandise? It seems endless. Without any publishing current comics they are becoming less relevant. Certainly with TMNT Volume 4 issues being no more unlike the last few years, nothing new coming along either. Also does Mirage own their building? Wonder if they rent, on lease or own the building. If thats the final thing Mirage does and sells their building when the time comes. That's more money to Peter I'd assume for the last time.

Powder
08-19-2016, 10:40 PM
If I'm not mistaken, their basement had one of almost everything ever made, because they had to get approval copies of all items produced by licencees.

CyberCubed
08-19-2016, 11:15 PM
They still have stacks of old comics at Mirage, but I imagine their toy/merch items are almost done or dwindling given how much sells on ebay week after week.

DK2
08-20-2016, 01:29 PM
I'd imagine Peter still has a chunk of stuff in his possession too but its safe to say he's probably already given all of them to Mirage to sell by now. He was in that dumping all TMNT stuff a few years ago, move on with his life phase.
Also why is there never anything on their ebay auctions? From the Mirage site I keep glancing and there's no auctions when they say there are stuff. There's never anything up. Is the link wrong?

Redrumh2o
08-20-2016, 04:24 PM
I'd imagine Peter still has a chunk of stuff in his possession too but its safe to say he's probably already given all of them to Mirage to sell by now. He was in that dumping all TMMNT stuff a few years ago, move on with his life phase.
Also why is there never anything on their ebay auctions? From the Mirage site I keep glancing and there's no auctions when they say there are stuff. There's never anything up. Is the link wrong?

There's usually stuff up every week unless Dan is on vacation which he is now. It's not already up to date but there is stuff more often than not

Plasticplayhouse
08-20-2016, 09:45 PM
Also does Mirage own their building? Wonder if they rent, on lease or own the building. If thats the final thing Mirage does and sells their building when the time comes. That's more money to Peter I'd assume for the last time.

Pete owns it. Jim and Dooney still use the place as a studio. Not sure if dan still goes there.

DK2
08-20-2016, 11:42 PM
There's usually stuff up every week unless Dan is on vacation which he is now. It's not already up to date but there is stuff more often than not

I've looked periodically and there's never been anything up in the last while. Didn't know Dan was on a break. The last few times they've mentioned the items they have up on Ebay from the Mirage site. I click to look and never see these listings ever. I swear this is the truth.

Navin Johnson
08-21-2016, 09:54 AM
I really hate to see ShellBack close, I was lucky and attended a signing back in 2012, and then visited Steve again in 2014. He's actually coloring my "last" tmnt piece, so maybe this will motivate me to make one more trip up north and pick it up.

DK2
08-24-2016, 10:02 PM
Haven't heard from them. I emailed them about some TMNT stuff to see if they have any stuff left that I'm interested in.

BlueBandana
09-02-2016, 12:43 PM
So, Saturday October 15th it is!

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/BlueBandana84/14102481_1088150471266840_3095048586884102800_n_zp sfoiwicgw.jpg

TonySiegel
09-02-2016, 10:21 PM
i knew i shouldve went on free comic book day...

ill never meet peter now

:tcry:

Mike Lowrey
09-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Is there any chance Peter will surprise everybody with TMNT #33?

TMNTChris1980
09-06-2016, 10:35 AM

Probably not.

mrmaczaps
09-06-2016, 05:45 PM

Wouldn't that be nice!!😂

But no. Haha

BlueBandana
09-08-2016, 11:54 AM
In case anyone wants a life-size Raph, Steve is selling the one at Shellbacks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Life-Size-Turtle-Raphael-/162195937475

Editor's Note Comics
09-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Those Turtles started in Kevin's Words and Pictures museum before going to Pete, and finally Steve.
The Leonardo one will be up in my shop after the Shellback signing!

mrmaczaps
09-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Those Turtles started in Kevin's Words and Pictures museum before going to Pete, and finally Steve.
The Leonardo one will be up in my shop after the Shellback signing!

Dude, you snagged Leo?? Where you gonna stick him?? He's huge! Lol

Editor's Note Comics
09-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Hanging like he was at the Words and Pictures museum.

Davin
09-08-2016, 08:56 PM
:tsad::tsad::tsad:

funatic
09-13-2016, 10:33 AM
In case anyone wants a life-size Raph, Steve is selling the one at Shellbacks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Life-Size-Turtle-Raphael-/162195937475

I guess no one did... at least for that price.

The Fifth Turtle
09-13-2016, 11:00 AM
I guess no one did... at least for that price.

They actually had a few takers. Steve is keeping Mikey, there is this one currently listed and the other two sold (like mentioned above). I think it's the local pick up that is drawing out the process of the last one leaving. But I couldn't imagine trying to ship one of those suckers.

They are cool but not really up my alley nor do I want to drop that kind of money.

mrmaczaps
09-13-2016, 11:31 AM
They actually had a few takers. Steve is keeping Mikey, there is this one currently listed and the other two sold (like mentioned above). I think it's the local pick up that is drawing out the process of the last one leaving. But I couldn't imagine trying to ship one of those suckers.

They are cool but not really up my alley nor do I want to drop that kind of money.

Leo sold. Mikey is being kept and the other two are still for sale...

mrmaczaps
10-08-2016, 12:02 PM
One week from today!

Who is going to be there??

Toitlefan
10-08-2016, 03:42 PM
I really want to go but I might have to work that day. If I knew they were going to have some sort of limited edition items for sale or if there was a massive close-out sale I would make the trip whether I had to work or not :twink:

plastroncafe
10-08-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm honestly still trying to decide.
I'd like to go, but there's the expense/hassle of renting a car to do so. It pains me to possibly have to sit this out.

mrmaczaps
10-08-2016, 05:09 PM
I really want to go but I might have to work that day. If I knew they were going to have some sort of limited edition items for sale or if there was a massive close-out sale I would make the trip whether I had to work or not :twink:

Well... sadly the comic shop side of things ISN'T Shellback's items... most of the art and toys are stuff Steve will likely add to their ebay page kinda like what Mirage does these days...

If I recall, last time I was down, a ton of people made those same comments, that they would show up only if everything was hugely marked down... i find that sad... The last signing most people forgot or just didn't bother for whatever reason and I was both disappointed and excited. On one hand, no line... four trips through for me... On the other hand, Peter showed up and Erik and Ben and Steve went to all the trouble of setting it all up and barely anyone showed... I feel bad I'm not rolling in cash to be able to afford to have gone in weekly and picked things up to help keep things worthwhile for them... Going to be a hole there... and FCBD will NEVER be the same... (unless he rents a hall or venue and does a huge event...lol)

Redrumh2o
10-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Im hoping for some surprise Mirage guests.....(Lawson/Talbot)

mrmaczaps
10-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Im hoping for some surprise Mirage guests.....(Lawson/Talbot)

People keep asking me if Eastman is coming... like I would know that... LOL

funatic
10-15-2016, 11:04 AM
So this is happening right now right? I decided not to make the 4 hour trip out this time around, but hope it's a blast. If anyone happens to be waiting in line there right now fill us in! How long is the queue? Any surprise guests? What are they selling other than the Sign-Off Poster? Is Steve throwing any closeout sales? :thyper:

drewizzle88
10-15-2016, 11:13 AM
So this is happening right now right? I decided not to make the 4 hour trip out this time around, but hope it's a blast. If anyone happens to be waiting in line there right now fill us in! How long is the queue? Any surprise guests? What are they selling other than the Sign-Off Poster? Is Steve throwing any closeout sales? :thyper:

Yes it is happening right now, I've been following along on Facebook, a few people are sharing videos live on there.

funatic
10-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Yes it is happening right now, I've been following along on Facebook, a few people are sharing videos live on there.

Do you have a link? I don't see anything new on Shellback's facebook, but I think they might have a second page that I can't find?

drewizzle88
10-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Do you have a link? I don't see anything new on Shellback's facebook, but I think they might have a second page that I can't find?

Sure thing, here is one page showing some videos

https://www.facebook.com/TurtlePowerEnt/?fref=ts

funatic
10-15-2016, 11:39 AM

Cool thanks! Looks a like a great turnout! Is Pete selling anything cool or just signing?

mrmaczaps
10-15-2016, 07:48 PM

Thanks for sharing my video! Sorry if you blew chunks watching! I did what I could with my cell phone while carrying my stuff around.

It was a great turnout. Better than FCBD. I would say better than last years FCBD too. Managed to get through the line 2 times. Pete signed 3 sketch covers and my Mikey NECA figure (clamshell one, sealed). Steve signed all four sketch covers and Mikey. Ben signed just the 4 sketch covers, and I bought some prints.

Also had 2 extra NECA villains sets and sold both... one Steve bought so that was a change... lol.

Happy for a great turnout. Sad that it was one of the only places I see a ton of people.

All good things...

mrmaczaps
10-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Cool thanks! Looks a like a great turnout! Is Pete selling anything cool or just signing?

Pete had a sketch book with predone head sketches for $40... i totally forgot to snag one... bummer!

TonySiegel
10-16-2016, 08:06 AM
I hope Laird shows up to conventions eventually man...

Redrumh2o
10-16-2016, 08:22 AM
I hope Laird shows up to conventions eventually man...

I got the strong impression that yesterday was it. I think that's why he was sketching and stayed until the line was done at 530. He seemed old and tired and didn't look that well compared to May.....he could very well have just been sick though. I saw all sorts of quick sketches from him yesterday, Splinter, Shredder, Triceratops, Fugitoid, Casey...

mrmaczaps
10-16-2016, 08:36 AM
A friend of mine asked him about doing other shows and he said 'no, I'm done...this is it.'

So not likely to see him anywhere else unless he has a sudden uptick in desire to go back out and do it. Sadly.

drewizzle88
10-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Thanks for sharing my video! Sorry if you blew chunks watching! I did what I could with my cell phone while carrying my stuff around.

It was a great turnout. Better than FCBD. I would say better than last years FCBD too. Managed to get through the line 2 times. Pete signed 3 sketch covers and my Mikey NECA figure (clamshell one, sealed). Steve signed all four sketch covers and Mikey. Ben signed just the 4 sketch covers, and I bought some prints.

Also had 2 extra NECA villains sets and sold both... one Steve bought so that was a change... lol.

Happy for a great turnout. Sad that it was one of the only places I see a ton of people.

All good things...

I thought that was you but I wasn't sure. Thank you for sharing that with us, I couldn't be there but it was enjoyable to watch the videos of everyone who could be.

I got the strong impression that yesterday was it. I think that's why he was sketching and stayed until the line was done at 530. He seemed old and tired and didn't look that well compared to May.....he could very well have just been sick though. I saw all sorts of quick sketches from him yesterday, Splinter, Shredder, Triceratops, Fugitoid, Casey...

That's a shame to hear, but I'm glad you guys got to go and see him one last time. I'm really glad I sent something in to have signed. Sounds like it was probably my last chance.

TonySiegel
10-16-2016, 02:02 PM

A friend of mine asked him about doing other shows and he said 'no, I'm done...this is it.'

So not likely to see him anywhere else unless he has a sudden uptick in desire to go back out and do it. Sadly.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/NFnIvQ559gUTu/200.gif#18

thats wack... i understand tho... but as a fan thats wack...

DK2
10-16-2016, 09:55 PM
Was there a close out sale? Wasn't looking like anything to me from the videos. Am I mistaken? It sounded like from past mentions leading to the closing, Steve would maintain selling the stuff, online perhaps later? What a shame that Peter won't do anything for cons at all. It'd be nice to meet him. I've met Kevin twice already. I'd like to meet Steve too but I've no idea if he'll be doing a lot of cons, especially Canadian ones. Yet he indicated that about going to cons and to try to sell down the store stuff here and there.

mrmaczaps
10-16-2016, 11:14 PM
Was there a close out sale? Wasn't looking like anything to me from the videos. Am I mistaken? It sounded like from past mentions leading to the closing, Steve would maintain selling the stuff, online perhaps later? What a shame that Peter won't do anything for cons at all. It'd be nice to meet him. I've met Kevin twice already. I'd like to meet Steve too but I've no idea if he'll be doing a lot of cons, especially Canadian ones. Yet he indicated that about going to cons and to try to sell down the store stuff here and there.

The comics area was 35% off (almost everything as far as I know)...

Steve's remaining merch will be sold via his wifes ebay and they are having a webpage setup...

Peter is done man. As nice as it has been to see him over the last few years, he ONLY did it because Steve asked him to... I wish he would do shows too, even if I can't make it, but he's pretty tired of TMNT... He's pretty active with his new hobbies, so mahbe a few years not doing anything comics/Turtles will spark his interest to finish v4 and hit a New England area convention or three... like Bangor Comic & Toy Con... lol. Dee (Steves wife) said Peter doesn't fly, so he would have to drive..... West Coast would be a HAUL...

Anyways, thats my thoughts. Don't take it as set in stone.

Check out any/all of the Turtle Power Entertainment videos... relive the exp or witness the greatest shaky cam videos ever. Haha (I was burned right out tired by the time the first trip through line was done...)

Ben Bishop also had a camera setup and has 2 hours or so crammed into less than 90 seconds of time I think, posted for all to see... check that out too!

CyberCubed
10-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Is Peter usually that quiet during these signings? I notice in that video he didn't say much at all the entire time. Like only 1-2 words.

funatic
10-17-2016, 01:28 AM
I saw all sorts of quick sketches from him yesterday, Splinter, Shredder, Triceratops, Fugitoid, Casey...

That's awesome he was doing various characters! He's usually pretty staunch on turtles-only (though I did get a Fugitoid from him once at a little con in Noho when no one else was there) so those who got one consider yourselves very lucky!

Is Peter usually that quiet during these signings? I notice in that video he didn't say much at all the entire time. Like only 1-2 words.

From the handful of times I've met him he's always been pretty reserved & softspoken, but ask a good question and he's happy to engage.

Mayhem
10-17-2016, 05:36 AM
I really wish I could have gone, as Pete is the only Mirage related person I have yet to meet. Maybe, maybe I'll get lucky in the future.

mrmaczaps
10-17-2016, 08:21 AM

I didn't really know what to say and usually don't talk much so other folks can get up there and see him too... So it was more me filming and not conversing than him...

Editor's Note Comics
10-17-2016, 10:17 AM

Some people treated it like it was a library environment, but for any of these signings he always very friendly if you just talk to him. Seems to get a little uncomfortable when people try to get him to sign extra things or do more than just a quick head sketch. But he did all these signings for for free, so who wouldn't be a bit put off?

Andrew NDB
10-17-2016, 10:52 AM
I hope Peter is all right. But then again, a "closing down" event is a little bit like a wake, so it's understandable he's not exactly bouncing off the walls or anything.

mrmaczaps
10-17-2016, 05:22 PM
I hope Peter is all right. But then again, a "closing down" event is a little bit like a wake, so it's understandable he's not exactly bouncing off the walls or anything.

Honestly he didn't look well but everyone I talked to said he seemed to be feeling good...

I really hope not having a yearly event to go to doesnt mean we will NEVER see volume four finished though... :/

CyberCubed
10-17-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm often surprised how many people actually turn out for these events. When you think of how obscure the Mirage TMNT comic book fandom is, along with how obscure Shellback Artworks is, and the limited amount of people who can actually make the trip (if they have work/school or family related issues), quite a lot of people turn up.

mrmaczaps
10-17-2016, 05:55 PM
It was actually a great turnout. Much better than back in May for FCBD.

The best turnout was obviously the 30th anniversary event with Eastman, Laird, Lawson & Lavigne.

I streamed it on TPE on Facebook and people kept asking why Maine and Iit took effort not to want to smack them the same way anyone who sees a Mirage promo pic and states why are they all Raph? Lol

Good times... too bad its done now.

DK2
10-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Is Peter still not into flying by planes? I thought one of the Mirage staffers knocked some sense into him quite a few yrs ago maybe after or before the Viacom sale? I can't recall who said it or was it on Peter's blog, but the guy said to him Peters wife is always flying to go around but you won't go with her(because of his fear of flying). But its alright for her to be on the plane while your not with her? Something like this. Then Peter later on said that he actually went flying with her for trips. He said the guy was right about the analogy. Because I think they're marriage was in a stale rut for the moment. He no longer had the TMNT to look after but he still didn't change his life and ways to do other things with his wife now with his new retirement like, freedom. Peter said he'd now had taken trips with her after that. Has it come back his fear of flying? Just asking.

mrmaczaps
10-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Is Peter still not into flying by planes? I thought one of the Mirage staffers knocked some sense into him quite a few yrs ago maybe after or before the Viacom sale? I can't recall who said it or was it on Peter's blog, but the guy said to him Peters wife is always flying to go around but you won't go with her(because of his fear of flying). But its alright for her to be on the plane while your not with her? Something like this. Then Peter later on said that he actually went flying with her for trips. He said the guy was right about the analogy. Because I think they're marriage was in a stale rut for the moment. He no longer had the TMNT to look after but he still didn't change his life and ways to do other things with his wife now with his new retirement like, freedom. Peter said he'd now had taken trips with her after that. Has it come back his fear of flying? Just asking.

Someone said he doesn't fly. As to the rest, I have no idea...

Powder
10-17-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm often surprised how many people actually turn out for these events. When you think of how obscure the Mirage TMNT comic book fandom is, along with how obscure Shellback Artworks is, and the limited amount of people who can actually make the trip (if they have work/school or family related issues), quite a lot of people turn up.

I'd guess a lot of them are excited casuals. I mean, hey, you don't have to be much more than that to wanna meet the series' creator & the dude responsible for all your t-shirts.

Editor's Note Comics
10-18-2016, 09:12 AM
I'd guess a lot of them are excited casuals. I mean, hey, you don't have to be much more than that to wanna meet the series' creator & the dude responsible for all your t-shirts.

My shop is located about 90 minutes away, and I sold out of the Mirage issues I had in stock. Mirage books usually sell out quickly, but these were people looking specifically for this event. They were fans of varying degree and some were people getting gifts for significant others. And of course every event has people who are there to get things signed so they can turn signed items online.

Andrew NDB
10-18-2016, 09:46 AM
I didn't really know what to say and usually don't talk much so other folks can get up there and see him too...

I'd probably (gently) pepper him with Volume 4 questions ("Have you considered doing it at this time?" "What would it take to get you interested in doing it some more?" "Would it have a happy ending or a sad one?" etc. etc.) until it would become clear he would have had enough of me.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2016, 09:57 AM
I'd probably (gently) pepper him with Volume 4 questions ("Have you considered doing it at this time?" "What would it take to get you interested in doing it some more?" "Would it have a happy ending or a sad one?" etc. etc.) until it would become clear he would have had enough of me.

You and me both. :tlol:

mrmaczaps
10-18-2016, 10:46 AM

I've asked about volume four before and respect him enough not to annoy him with questions he doesn't want to answer... lol

Jephael
10-18-2016, 03:13 PM
If I ever got the chance to meet him I'd preferably treat him like a normal human being and ask him how his family is and sh*t like that.

Andrew NDB
10-18-2016, 04:55 PM
If I ever got the chance to meet him I'd preferably treat him like a normal human being and ask him how his family is and sh*t like that.

That would be pretty disingenuous.

Jephael
10-20-2016, 01:32 AM
That would be pretty disingenuous.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/64187501.jpg

funatic
12-04-2016, 01:56 PM
According to the Shellback facebook, it looks like Peter Laird did (is curently doing?) a signing with Steve today at the Northeast Comic Con in Wilmington, MA, so I guess the Shellback event wasn't his swan song by any means.

Redrumh2o
12-04-2016, 02:13 PM
That's crazy......I can't believe it

mrmaczaps
12-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Wonder if he will do Bangor Comic & Toy Con next year then too with Steve... that would be awesome.

DestronMirage22
12-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Huh. Wonder what motivated him to go.

Red Robin
12-05-2016, 01:11 AM
I hope it's an impulse for him to continue Volume 4.
At least it's not a bad sign.

Powder
12-05-2016, 01:25 AM
I hope it's an impulse for him to continue Volume 4.
At least it's not a bad sign.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. He probably just wanted to get out & do something impulsively and/or hang out with Steve. Nice to see either way.

CyberCubed
12-05-2016, 01:39 AM
I think Volume 4 is pretty much dead, at least from Pete. The only way we're getting a conclusion is if Jim Lawson pitches his story to IDW and they publish it.

DK2
12-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Has Steve started selling things lately from the store closing stock online or not yet?

Mayhem
12-13-2016, 05:41 AM
A few things have gone up on eBay recently, yes, comics and such.

Klunk1234
12-13-2016, 09:45 AM
It's sad to see or heard about a business closing down. I wanted to visit that place :( Anybody knows why the owner decided to be out of business?

mrmaczaps
12-13-2016, 10:07 AM
It's sad to see or heard about a business closing down. I wanted to visit that place :( Anybody knows why the owner decided to be out of business?

They moved on to other things like doing shows all over... They are selling stuff via eBay, selling through offering up items on Facebook and being able to get to shows all over helps too.