PDA

View Full Version : How would you describe your personality?

Prowler
08-20-2016, 05:22 PM
I'd say I'm a quiet person for the most part, and tend to be fairly serious and formal. Others tend to view me as the "strong silent type" kind of person, and sometimes would you consider me to be cold and distant.

What about you?

snake
08-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Outgoing with friends. A little cautious around new people. Loud and potentially annoying. I care a lot about people close to me though.

IndigoErth
08-20-2016, 05:37 PM
I'd say I'm a quiet person for the most part, and tend to be fairly serious and formal. Others tend to view me as the "strong silent type" kind of person, and sometimes would you consider me to be cold and distant.

What about you?
Much like you. Quite type, introvert, reserved. I'm not unfriendly, but I'm not a big people person. A party for my nephew is just ending at the moment...I was one of two pretty much just quietly hanging out on the sidelines for the most part. (It was supposed to end at 6pm, I decided I was done 15 min prior and came to curl up at my computer. That is plenty enough social stuff for me for a while.) Tend to be the serious sort as well and not real emotional (tend to keep it inside a lot). Not without a sense of humor, but it tends to be on the 'dry' side. Don't care for too much unnecessary chatter or other noise (hate when people who feel the need to blast music so loudly or have to fill the air with talk or whatnot nonstop); I value a peaceful, calm atmosphere. Mostly also plenty alike a certain fave Turtle. Stick in the mud... probably. Oh well, someone has to be, not everyone can be the wild, crazy sort that leaps without looking first... someone has to protect them from themselves when need be.

Prowler
08-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Much like you. Quite type, introvert, reserved. I'm not unfriendly, but I'm not a big people person. A party for my nephew is just ending at the moment...I was one of two pretty much just quietly hanging out on the sidelines for the most part. (It was supposed to end at 6pm, I decided I was done 15 min prior and came to curl up at my computer. That is plenty enough social stuff for me for a while.) Tend to be the serious sort as well and not real emotional (tend to keep it inside a lot). Not without a sense of humor, but it tends to be on the 'dry' side. Don't care for too much unnecessary chatter or other noise (hate when people who feel the need to blast music so loudly or have to fill the air with talk or whatnot nonstop); I value a peaceful, calm atmosphere. Mostly also plenty alike a certain fave Turtle. Stick in the mud... probably. Oh well, someone has to be, not everyone can be the wild, crazy sort that leaps without looking first... someone has to protect them from themselves when need be.
You had to take your nephew to a kid's school party? That does sound bad, and I don't blame you for not talking to anyone else. I bet it was full of parents and guardians bragging about their kids.

IndigoErth
08-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Actually, he's only 2 months, this was more of a "meet the baby" party at our house (my mom's house, we all live here).

Some of my own relieves [edit: relatives] came who I talked to some of course, but many others were here that I did not know, aren't too familiar with, or, in the case of some of my brother-in-law's family, not fond of.

And now a certain couple are still here after 7:30 pm with their 2 year old screaming for damn too long and I have to go to bed soon for work tomorrow. Christ, people, get the hint... your kid has had enough, he wants to go home, and I agree with him that you should.

I knew this crap would happen. Some kid doing that this long is not cute.

FredWolfLeonardo
08-20-2016, 07:25 PM
I think its very hard to describe my whole personality in a few words but based on what others tell me I am:

1. Jolly, I rarely ever get angry and am happy and content most of the time.

2. Introverted, I love going outside, but more along the lines of walking alone or with 1 other person in a quiet park rather doing the hardcore extrovert stuff like going to bars and being surrounded by alot of people, that kind of stuff is really not my thing. I don't find the very loud events and parties very appealing at all, quite the opposite in fact.

3. Resilient, I've been told by others that they have been shocked at how much abuse and annoyances I can take without cracking or seeking anything back in the form of a sarcastic reply or some sort of jab back. I guess that meditation practice for selflessness comes in handy after all, it just prevents resentment from growing and mentally sets you free from all the pointless and toxic drama, rather Old Fashioned.

Ninjinister
08-20-2016, 08:03 PM
I will eat you all

MikeandRaph87
08-20-2016, 08:04 PM
I am the perfect alagamation of 1987 Michelangelo and 2003 Leonardo.

Prowler
08-20-2016, 08:05 PM
What abotu Raph? He is in your username after all!

To me, you come across as a 40-50 year old man from the 40s-50s... maybe it's because you like old stuff?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Equal parts Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Leonardo. With a bit of Casey Jones mixed in for good measure.

MikeandRaph87
08-20-2016, 08:07 PM
What abotu Raph? He is in your username after all!

To me, you come across as a 40-50 year old man from the 40s-50s... maybe it's because you like old stuff?

I love his sarcastic nature, but its not who I am. I came into this world the year of my username.

Yes, I prefer thing in popular culture before my time. 60s music, 60s television, classic cinema. 70s comics were the best, DC's earth-1. Got a thing for 80s stuff too. Yet I am a true 90s kid, TMNT, MMPR, Pok'emon, and love baseball from that time.

Prowler
08-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Equal parts Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Leonardo. With a bit of Casey Jones mixed in for good measure.
The Turtle I have least in common with is probably Leonardo. I'm no leader and am also not a martial artist. His personaltiy stays consistent throughout most versions from what I gather.

I don't have much in common with Donatello either. Then again, I'm not as temperamental or as aggressive as Raphael and certainly not as laid back as Michelangelo is.

plastroncafe
08-20-2016, 08:15 PM
I am a glod-damned delight.

CyberCubed
08-20-2016, 08:21 PM
My personality in real life is almost the same as it is here. Would you believe it?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-20-2016, 08:30 PM
I am a glod-damned delight.

Yes. Yes, you are.

My personality in real life is almost the same as it is here. Would you believe it?

Yes. Yes, I would.

GoldMutant
08-20-2016, 08:32 PM

Are we surprised? Survey says: X

Kinda different in reality than here. I'm quiet, emotional, but I get my job done and have no problem talking or cheering up anyone. I'm also pretty persistent on my points. :P

Prowler
08-20-2016, 08:34 PM
Not really, unless by "almost" you man "significantly different in certain aspects". If you were as clueless about society and the world in real life as you are online, I doubt you'd have a stable job or that you've managed to avoid fist fights throughout your whole life.

CyberCubed
08-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Not really, unless by "almost" you man "significantly different in certain aspects". If you were as clueless about society and the world in real life as you are online, I doubt you'd have a stable job or that you've managed to avoid fist fights throughout your whole life.

Well that's why I said, "almost." I'm not 100% the same in real life, but more or less 80% the same.

Powder
08-20-2016, 08:36 PM
I am everything. Just depends on the time & place.

Prowler
08-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Well that's why I said, "almost." I'm not 100% the same in real life, but more or less 80% the same.
So basically, unlike here, you don't mention Melissa Benoist and lesbians irl as often?

ToTheNines
08-20-2016, 08:47 PM
I am everything. Just depends on the time & place.

Same here. But to speak generally, I'm a loudmouth with my friends and family. I basically never shut up. Love making people laugh and telling stories.

But I'm painfully shy with strangers. I can start out with some charm, but the second I stammer and say the wrong word or someone doesn't get one of my jokes... I'm basically socially crippled lol.

Cure
08-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Social butterfly, I suppose.

Prowler
08-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Same here. But to speak generally, I'm a loudmouth with my friends and family. I basically never shut up. Love making people laugh and telling stories.

But I'm painfully shy with strangers. I can start out with some charm, but the second I stammer and say the wrong word or someone doesn't get one of my jokes... I'm basically socially crippled lol.
I, too, am a bit shy when it comes to strangers. Not so much to individual strangers, but if me and a friend or acquaintance happen to run into a group of people he/she knows, I tend not to open mouth until one of them addresses me first or if said friend or acquaintance of mine introduces me to them.

In large groups of people, even of people I'm somewhat comfortable with, let's say at a table where everyone is having beer and telling jokes, rarely will say anything to the whole group. Usually just to the person sitting next to me.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-20-2016, 09:21 PM
So basically, unlike here, you don't mention Melissa Benoist and lesbians irl as often?

:tlol: You win the 'Drome for the night.

Krutch
08-21-2016, 01:20 AM
My personality changes on the situation, I guess. I'm in that early 30s awkwardness where everyone is either still acting like a teenager or is married with kids.

Basically, most parties lately, this has been me.
http://i.giphy.com/3oz8xZZcfYTYGMvJBe.gif

CyberCubed
08-21-2016, 01:35 AM
I'm in that early 30s awkwardness where everyone is either still acting like a teenager or is married with kids.

This sounds like me.

Prowler
08-21-2016, 02:21 AM
This sounds like me.
As a 25 year old(soon to be 26), it seems to me that most people around my age are either in a long-term relationships and living together or planning to do so, or they had a rough break up recently with someone they saw themselves staying with for a long time.

Meanwhile, here I am, in the eye of the hurricane. 8)

CyberCubed
08-21-2016, 02:22 AM
As a 25 year old(soon to be 26), it seems to me that most people around my age are either in a long-term relationships and living together or planning to do so, or they had a rough break up recently with someone they saw themselves staying with for a long time.

Meanwhile, here I am, in the eye of the hurricane. 8)

Everyone my age is married with 2.5 kids already.

Prowler
08-21-2016, 02:27 AM
Everyone my age is married with 2.5 kids already.
The average 1st marriage age keeps getting higher in developed nations. I believe it's already 30 for men in my country. Probably the same there, no? Especially in a city like NYC. So I'm sure you know guys aged 28-32 who are not married yet or even close to being so.

FredWolfLeonardo
08-21-2016, 02:41 AM
I wonder if CyberCubed is married or has kids.

Prowler
08-21-2016, 03:12 AM
Think about that for a second...

My personality changes on the situation, I guess. I'm in that early 30s awkwardness where everyone is either still acting like a teenager or is married with kids.

Basically, most parties lately, this has been me.
http://i.giphy.com/3oz8xZZcfYTYGMvJBe.gif
You're 30+? Thought you were early-mid 20s for some odd reason.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-21-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm cautious around strangers, but I have an off-beat sense of humor and I do enjoy getting together with friends. With people I know well, I am often animated and occasionally a bit hyper, but otherwise I tend to be the quiet type. I like time alone, but usually only for brief periods outdoors or at home with a good book. I am probably a 60/40 mix ofDonatello (03) and Michelangelo(87/03). I DO have an Irish temper, but it seldom comes out around others, unless I've just had enough and explode. But afterward, I calm down quickly and seldom hold a grudge unless it is something major and very personal. And yes, I also have a bit of a "Napoleon Complex" at times, at least according to my other half. I try to do things on my own and rarely ask for help of any kind, just because I dislike needing to rely on someone else. And I will find any way I can to get the job done on my own if possible- even if it means doing something a luttle dangerous or bending rules to do it. (Been known to climb shelves to reach something, or hop out a window to chase after cash a customer has had blown away to retrieve it for them.)

CyberCubed
08-21-2016, 12:24 PM

I'm sure I don't even have to answer that question. :lol:

snake
08-21-2016, 12:27 PM

That's way too on point for me. It's even worse if someone new flat out ignores me while I was trying to say something, and then I just stop.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-21-2016, 12:45 PM
I never utter a word to anyone who isn't a member of the family. I'm always subconsciously worried I'll end up looking like a dumbass, and most of the time when I do speak to other people, I do. When I'm talking with a sibling or cousin, though, it's like I'm a whole different person - I'm funny and loud. It surprises even me.

Prowler
08-21-2016, 03:11 PM
I never utter a word to anyone who isn't a member of the family. I'm always subconsciously worried I'll end up looking like a dumbass, and most of the time when I do speak to other people, I do. When I'm talking with a sibling or cousin, though, it's like I'm a whole different person - I'm funny and loud. It surprises even me.
I was very self-conscious of that when i was a kid/teenager. I didn't even like talking to store clerks and people behind counters.

Wesley
08-21-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm a mix of 1987 Raphael and 2003 Leonardo.

IndigoErth
08-21-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm a mix of 1987 Raphael and 2003 Leonardo.
Okay, that I could see.

But how does that one even work. I think you've broken a law of the universe or something.

:P

I can't really say I share Leo's leaderly skills or martial art skills, but his perspectives, views, values, personality traits, how he handles stuff (both good and bad ways), etc. make him the only real fictional kindred spirit I've known.

I will eat you all
You will never find me, dammit - if I were to become a ninja I'd start off already a master of silence and patience.

blindturtle02
08-21-2016, 06:02 PM
I've been told I'm laid back by most people. I've also heard it said that it's easy for folks to open up around me.I tend to listen a lot, but don't mind talking either. I like family get togethers but need time to recharge my social batteries later on, so I suppose I'm something of an introvert? Heck, I don't know. I tend to laugh a lot more than cry. I've also been told I'm pretty slow to anger. Got that from my dad's side because mom's got one fiery temper.

MikeandRaph87
08-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Okay, that I could see.

But how does that one even work. I think you've broken a law of the universe or something.

:P

I am laid back, patient, a pop culture guru,fun-loving (all Mike '87) yet I am disciplined and don't stop until something it is done, if something is not done right I have an itch to do it myself, I am a leader in my profession and both are very focused and both are compassionate in their own way. Two sides of the same coin. I react the way Mike'87 and Leo '03 would to various situation. I guess professionally Leo '03 and personally Mike'87. Does that make more sense?:lol::twink:

Krutch
08-21-2016, 09:42 PM
You're 30+? Thought you were early-mid 20s for some odd reason.Must be my exuberant youthful personality.

CyberCubed
08-21-2016, 10:12 PM
Must be my exuberant youthful personality.

When it was your birthday a few weeks ago I saw on the bottom of the forums it said you were 41, was that incorrect? Are you in your 30's or 40's?

Krutch
08-21-2016, 10:31 PM
31. It said 41? Weird.

CyberCubed
08-21-2016, 10:42 PM
31. It said 41? Weird.

As far as I remember, yeah. I thought it was odd you were that old.

ToTheNines
08-23-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm sure I don't even have to answer that question. :lol:

Cubed, I actually really really like you when you demonstrate self-awareness

That's way too on point for me. It's even worse if someone new flat out ignores me while I was trying to say something, and then I just stop.

Yeah, that's brutal. Or when someone thinks you're being an asshole but you were just joking/being sarcastic. Ugh

snake
08-23-2016, 10:48 PM

Yeah, that's brutal. Or when someone thinks you're being an asshole but you were just joking/being sarcastic. Ugh

I need to stop the irl sarcasm, for real. It doesn't work the same way on the internet :lol:

It sure is fun to have someone's first impressions of you as "loud asshole that thinks he's funny"

Prowler
08-29-2016, 01:38 PM

The weirdest feeling is one of your friends' girlfriend hates you for no apparent reason. As in, you tell a harmless joke to a group of men and women and they all laugh... but her who looks at you as if you said something REALLY unforgivable. It's just awkward to walk past a couple, the dude greets and smiles at you fine, but the girl gives you a dirty look. :lol:

Bry
08-29-2016, 02:18 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/qeOFJAw7X2Oek/200w.gif

CyberCubed
08-29-2016, 02:30 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/qeOFJAw7X2Oek/200w.gif

I understood this reference.

Prowler
08-31-2016, 02:15 PM
I understood this reference.
Dragonball Z, right?

Allio