PDA

View Full Version : Shinigami Appreciation Thread

ABrown
08-22-2016, 02:46 PM
Does anyone else really like this Shinigami character? She's got kind of like a Christina Ricci/(Teen Titans) Raven thing going on. I really hated the fourth season during the outer space arc. But her alone is enough to keep me watching the show. I hope her character doesn't disappear at the end of the season.

snake
08-22-2016, 02:49 PM
I can appriciate that if you know what I mean uh huh

CyberCubed
08-22-2016, 02:52 PM
She's definitely going to spawn a whole new wave of Karai/Shinigami lesbian yuri shippers if it hasn't already. Tumblr and deviantart are bound to be filled with Karai/Shinigami art.

Its amazing how every show has one big lesbian ship. TMNT never had anything like that before, but now with Karai and Shinigami being close friends from Japan and how close they are together...I guess this will be the TMNT version of "yuri ships."

Vicky82
08-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Does anyone else really like this Shinigami character? She's got kind of like a Christina Ricci/(Teen Titans) Raven thing going on. I really hated the fourth season during the outer space arc. But her alone is enough to keep me watching the show. I hope her character doesn't disappear at the end of the season.

Don't worry she will be in season 5, Gwendolin Yeo has been doing season 5 recording sessions.

But yeah Shinigami is awesome even though I don't trust her.

TMNTInsighter
08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
I think it's too soon. She's only been in 2 episodes, she needs to either be in more or have a really standout moment or two (perhaps an episode that centers around her) before she can make a mark in this franchise. I thought that she would be this series' version of Kitsune, Brandon Auman really likes her (of course he said "The Ever Burning Fire" was his favorite ep, give me a break!), so only time can tell.

GoldMutant
08-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Appreciate Shinigami? Oh, I appreciate her... for making Mikey a love sick puppy again and nearly reducing the other characters to struggle against her despite being captured in the previous episodes. :lol:

Literally, the only things I like about Shinigami are her voice and her design, though I'm indifferent to the hat. She's just not interesting at all right now besides serving as Karai's second in command, just as Tiger Claw is to Shredder. Dig into her character besides Karai and Mikey, delve into the backstory or give her an episode of her own. Establish what is said: a character who's neutral, not bad but not good.

IndigoErth
08-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Yup... didn't take long for the thread to start becoming what I figured it would be.

She's okay. Not a bad character, but can't say I'm a fan yet.

Hoping she's intended to be a bit older, because the implant look on a teen kind of bugs me a little. Not a damn bit of gravity happening there, those are definitely fake/faked. :tlol:

Ninjinister
08-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Hoping she's intended to be a bit older

She confirmed that she's younger than Karai in "Broken Foot".

CyberCubed
08-22-2016, 04:25 PM

So if Karai is 16 in this show, Shinigami is probably 15?

That's even better.

snake
08-22-2016, 04:28 PM

That's even better.

Shut up, A Day Inside May

IndigoErth
08-22-2016, 04:30 PM
I need a smiley that raises an eyebrow.

Missed that piece. Goodness. Yeah, the 20s+ Shini fanboys may need to learn to keep it under control. :lol:

That's even better.
http://i.imgur.com/GMFr71Z.gif

CyberCubed
08-22-2016, 04:37 PM
I mean what were some of you expecting? They're teenage girls. The entire main cast is younger in this version.

If you want to see 20+ year old Karai, April, Casey etc. watch the 2k3 series or any other series for that matter. Read the comics.

snake
08-22-2016, 04:39 PM
I mean what were some of you expecting? They're teenage girls. The entire main cast is younger in this version.

If you want to see 20+ year old Karai, April, Casey etc. watch the 2k3 series or any other series for that matter. Read the comics.

I don't think anyone was expecting anything.

CyberCubed
08-22-2016, 04:40 PM
LOL, a 5 second search on deviantart brought this up:

http://pre05.deviantart.net/16f0/th/pre/f/2016/221/f/b/tmnt_yuri_shinigami___karai_by_ayamchan-dad7u5c.jpg

The shippers have already started and its only been 2 episodes! Batter down the hatches everyone! :lol:

snake
08-22-2016, 04:42 PM
Spoiler that sh*t or atleast resize it

TurtleTitan97
08-22-2016, 04:45 PM
No one cares about what shippers think aside from you, Cubed.

snake
08-22-2016, 04:47 PM
If shippers mean more Shinigami artwork I'm all for it :lol:

IndigoErth
08-22-2016, 04:48 PM
LOL, a 5 second search on deviantart brought this up:
Of course it did... And of course it took you only about that long to go looking for it, too, huh?

I mean what were some of you expecting?

This:
I don't think anyone was expecting anything.

Not this:
...going to spawn a whole new wave of...
...probably 15? That's even better.

Allio
08-22-2016, 05:40 PM

Missed that piece. Goodness. Yeah, the 20s+ Shini fanboys may need to learn to keep it under control. :lol:

Just like the fan-girls and their love of the turtles?

this isn't a one way street mate.

victory_angel
08-22-2016, 06:00 PM

I don't recall her mentioning that she was younger. I mean yeah she called Karai sempai, but Sempai is an honorific that means Upperclassmen. So that mearly could have meant that Karai was at a higher rank within the Foot then Shini.

GoldMutant
08-22-2016, 06:11 PM
I don't recall her mentioning that she was younger. I mean yeah she called Karai senpai, but Senpai is an honorific that means Upperclassmen. So that mearly could have meant that Karai was at a higher rank within the Foot then Shini.

Senpai- An upperclassman, someone of a higher age.

As for upperclassmen, you just proved Karai is older than Shinigami by mentioning the definition. The word is often to address someone older like a freshman student to a senior in high school. It's only one episode, but either way Karai is at least one year or a few months older.

Groverman62
08-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Appreciate Shinigami? Oh, I appreciate her... for making Mikey a love sick puppy again and nearly reducing the other characters to struggle against her despite being captured in the previous episodes. :lol:

Thats not really her fault. Thats the writer's fault.

Anyways yeah she seems pretty cool so far, I hope she gets fleshed out eventually.

PApagreg
08-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Senpai- An upperclassman, someone of a higher age.

As for upperclassmen, you just proved Karai is older than Shinigami by mentioning the definition. The word is often to address someone older like a freshman student to a senior in high school. It's only one episode, but either way Karai is at least one year or a few months older.

Or Karai outranks Shini, an upperclassman being younger than a youngerclassman isn't too uncommon

IndigoErth
08-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Just like the fan-girls and their love of the turtles?

this isn't a one way street mate.
Oh no, I play entirely fair on this one, those Nick Turtles are portrayed far too young. I could still hug them to pieces, but any day dreaming of snuggling up with any of them imo belong to kids of their actual age group.

(Now versions that are portrayed like young adults and age can be pretty disregarded, well that's a different matter. :trazz:)

Ninjinister
08-22-2016, 09:13 PM
I don't recall her mentioning that she was younger. I mean yeah she called Karai sempai, but Sempai is an honorific that means Upperclassmen. So that mearly could have meant that Karai was at a higher rank within the Foot then Shini.

She wouldn't have called her sempai if Karai weren't older.

That's even better.

After all of these years, this knowledge has finally provided me with the information needed to at last find a photograph of Cubed.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Pedobear.png

PApagreg
08-22-2016, 09:16 PM

After all of these years, this knowledge has finally provided me with the information needed to at last find a photograph of Cubed.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Pedobear.png

More of an Ephephile

Ninjinister
08-22-2016, 09:17 PM
More of an Ephephile

(sigh) Fine.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png

IndigoErth
08-22-2016, 09:28 PM
Is this the one single topic where Cubed actually forgets how old he's getting? :tlol:

victory_angel
08-22-2016, 10:18 PM
[/url]

Sempai doesn't always apply to one's age though. Yes it means upperclassmen, but an upper-classmen doesn't always have to be older then people under them. A white belt student in any form of martial arts would call any other color belt Sempai regardless of how old or young they were.

snake
08-22-2016, 10:58 PM
More of an Ephephile

I believe Hebephile is the correct term, Greglactus destroyer of jokes.

PApagreg
08-22-2016, 11:11 PM
I believe Hebephile is the correct term, Greglactus destroyer of jokes.

Soooo Shinigami's age range is 11-14 also if I was Greglactus I would be eater of jokes

snake
08-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Soooo Shinigami's age range is 11-14 also if I was Greglactus I would be eater of jokes

Eater of jokes wouldn't be as funny. But you're right. I feel like I have to clear my history after fact checking that one lol

victory_angel
08-22-2016, 11:40 PM

Actually Shini would be older then 11-14,

Karai was 16 years old at the start of the series and the Turtles are celebrating their 15th mutation birthday Day. While they don't often talk about time passing, they do point out events occurring in previous years. Such as KSP saying that it took 2 years to fix the technodrome.

So if the Turtles are roughly 18 now, that would make Karai 19. So if Shini is indeed younger the Karai rather than Karai being at a higher rank within the Foot Clan, then she would be 18 year old.

PApagreg
08-22-2016, 11:50 PM
Actually Shini would be older then 11-14,

Karai was 16 years old at the start of the series and the Turtles are celebrating their 15th mutation birthday Day. While they don't often talk about time passing, they do point out events occurring in previous years. Such as KSP saying that it took 2 years to fix the technodrome.

So if the Turtles are roughly 18 now, that would make Karai 19. So if Shini is indeed younger the Karai rather than Karai being at a higher rank within the Foot Clan, then she would be 18 year old.

No snake tried to correct me and said the correct term was Hephephile so I made a joke that Shini's age range would be 11-14 I already knew Shini was older than 14

(sigh) Fine.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png

Funny but I was thinking of this

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/hunterxhunter/images/d/d0/Hisoka_in_heavens_arena.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/175?cb=20130424160738

Shark_Blade
08-23-2016, 12:28 AM
So that time travelling bimbo Renet is out of the picture for Mikey then? Well can't blame him, she's not from this world's time era.

victory_angel
08-23-2016, 12:48 AM
Funny but I was thinking of this

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/hunterxhunter/images/d/d0/Hisoka_in_heavens_arena.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/175?cb=20130424160738

Ah Hisoka...I know he's a psycopath. But some of the things he says as well as some of the stuff he does while Gon and Killua are around does come across as "I need an adult" creepy.

He isn't the only character in Togashi's work that has that has that trait.

So that time travelling bimbo Renet is out of the picture for Mikey then? Well can't blame him, she's not from this world's time era.

I doubt she's out of the picture. As she said...She hasn't been born yet and it's not really known if she will be in Mikey's lifetime. So he's seeing Shinigami as a more immediate love interest.

Candy Kappa
08-23-2016, 03:35 AM
Sempai doesn't always apply to one's age though. Yes it means upperclassmen, but an upper-classmen doesn't always have to be older then people under them. A white belt student in any form of martial arts would call any other color belt Sempai regardless of how old or young they were.

If Shinigami referred Karai as Senpai/Sempai with Martial Arts terminology in mind, that indicates Karai is below Dan level. Which seems unlikely if she is to rebuild and take over the Foot from Shredder.

ssjup81
08-23-2016, 07:39 AM

http://i.imgur.com/GMFr71Z.gifShini used "senpai" to address Karai, so either Karai is slightly older or she's doing it based on rank...or the writers of this show don't know what they're doing.

Splinter the boss
08-23-2016, 08:13 AM
I like Shinigami. I like her style, I hope her character gets expanded on, like where her powers come from.

Coola Yagami
08-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Yup... didn't take long for the thread to start becoming what I figured it would be.

She's okay. Not a bad character, but can't say I'm a fan yet.

Hoping she's intended to be a bit older, because the implant look on a teen kind of bugs me a little. Not a damn bit of gravity happening there, those are definitely fake/faked. :tlol:

Get a grip, they're not even that big, and a show like that isn't going to show boob jiggle fysics.

Powder
08-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Get a grip, they're not even that big, and a show like that isn't going to show boob jiggle fysics.

Actually, they did for Renet.

Karai Samurai
08-23-2016, 09:58 AM
LOVE Shinigami. Reminds me of TT Raven. Seems like the show is stepping away from mutating everyone (the only reason why I started watching again), so she may be safe. For now, at least.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-23-2016, 10:54 AM

Get a grip?

So, stepping away from inadvertent double entendres, this character is basically a Foot Clan sorceress? (Sorry, not a fan of Nick TMNT but curious...)

TurtleTitan97
08-23-2016, 11:48 AM
So, stepping away from inadvertent double entendres, this character is basically a Foot Clan sorceress? (Sorry, not a fan of Nick TMNT but curious...)

Pretty much, yeah.

magicallypuzzled
08-23-2016, 04:51 PM
can't say i like shinigami yet but i definitely like certain aspects of her character or possible character. I have always loved mystic ninjas and especially love the foot version. so i really like having a mainish character that is a foot mystic but not necessarily an enemy i hope they have fun with her mystical abilities.

I also rather like karai having a loyal subordinate that hasn't been taken away from shredder. well technically i guess she has been but we didn't see her being a shredder crony and her being a old friend of karai's makes it seem like karai has her main loyalty and i like that.

IndigoErth
08-23-2016, 05:00 PM
So that time travelling bimbo Renet is out of the picture for Mikey then?
Well, it did seem more like a 'puppy love' sort of thing, and that can pass easily. Out of sight, out of mind.

Than again... I suppose it's not entirely out of question that Mikey is just okay with polygamy. lol

boob jiggle fysics.
Why did I have a feeling that's exactly what people would jump to. No, looking natural for someone of the character's age and actual physics has zero to do with "jiggle fysics" (sic), which is generally exaggeratedly fake itself.

Edit: Good timing... If the girl in Jephael's signaure was in a video game, they'd prob be twice as big and slapping her in the face, sports bra be damned. :lol:

Jephael
08-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Shinigami reminds me a lot of my friend Jenny when I first met her back in 2003 at our college radio station. She wasn't emo or anything, but just really energetic and had a fun sense of humor, which she maintains to this day.

snake
08-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Shinigami reminds me a lot of my friend Jenny when I first met her back in 2003 at our college radio station. She wasn't emo or anything, but just really energetic and had a fun sense of humor, which she maintains to this day.

Did you fall in love with her because she showed you a tiny bit of attention?

She sounds nothing like Shinigami, so I'm not too sure how you can be reminded of her other than the fact that they're both female

Jephael
08-23-2016, 05:25 PM
She sounds nothing like Shinigami, so I'm not too sure how you can be reminded of her other than the fact that they're both female

She seems pretty energetic and humorous from my point of view, especially when around Michelangelo. Just watch that fight scene at the end of "City at War". And the way she laughs all the time... she's gotta be the most laid back character we've seen on the show.

plastroncafe
08-23-2016, 05:27 PM
Shini used "senpai" to address Karai, so either Karai is slightly older or she's doing it based on rank...or the writers of this show don't know what they're doing.

They're just keeping the TMNT Tradition alive is all.
Makin' crap up as they go!

snake
08-23-2016, 05:28 PM
She seems pretty energetic and humorous from my point of view, especially when around Michelangelo. Just watch that fight scene at the end of "City at War". And the way she laughs all the time... she's gotta be the most laid back character we've seen on the show.

I gotta disagree. Napoleon is the most laid back character IMO

Jephael
08-23-2016, 05:30 PM
They're just keeping the TMNT Tradition alive is all.
Makin' crap up as they go!

Isn't that basically how the original comic book was conceived?

magicallypuzzled
08-23-2016, 10:57 PM
I actually only just got a chance to watch broken foot I got to say i am really liking shinigami's fighting style especially the way that she matches up against bepop them both disappearing and trying to sneak attack each other i swear i could watch them go at it all day long.

Coola Yagami
08-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Well, it did seem more like a 'puppy love' sort of thing, and that can pass easily. Out of sight, out of mind.

Than again... I suppose it's not entirely out of question that Mikey is just okay with polygamy. lol

Why did I have a feeling that's exactly what people would jump to. No, looking natural for someone of the character's age and actual physics has zero to do with "jiggle fysics" (sic), which is generally exaggeratedly fake itself.

Edit: Good timing... If the girl in Jephael's signaure was in a video game, they'd prob be twice as big and slapping her in the face, sports bra be damned. :lol:

lmao, I forgot how to spell it, I usually confuse the spelling with the word psychics, and surprisingly the phone didn't auto-correct 'fysics' to it's properly spelling for me.

Donatello19
08-24-2016, 12:00 AM
I like Shinigami a lot so far, I'm hoping she sticks around for a while.

IndigoErth
08-24-2016, 12:24 AM
I usually confuse the spelling with the word psychics
Me too, I read it twice to make sure it was right. lol

snake
08-24-2016, 12:40 AM

Have you seen boobs in a push up bra in real life? They do jiggle around a lot more than you think. Like liquid almost

plastroncafe
08-24-2016, 11:36 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Zarana-X
08-24-2016, 02:19 PM
They called her a witch, but the dispersing into smoke and bats seems kind of vampire-ific to me. :-?

IndigoErth
08-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Silly me, I've only owned and lived with a pair 24/7 for over twenty years, what would I know of woman things.

http://i.imgur.com/byngpZL.gif

Not having had any kids, I've yet to experience anything "like liquid." I suppose there's the water bra, but I've not heard good things...

They called her a witch, but the dispersing into smoke and bats seems kind of vampire-ific to me. :-?
Me too. Forget who mentioned the actress (sorry), but agree there's definitely a Christina Ricci vampire type vibe there.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Silly me, I've only owned and lived with a pair 24/7 for over twenty years, what would I know of woman things.

Not having had any kids, I've yet to experience anything "like liquid." I suppose there's the water bra, but I've not heard good things...

Me too. Forget who mentioned the actress (sorry), but agree there's definitely a Christina Ricci vampire type vibe there.

:tlol: I was hoping you'd respond with something like this. Having been a married man for a little under a decade, I can firmly state "like liquid" sounds disturbingly like I married a Changeling. I'd much rather stick with a solid, like Jadzia or Nerys. Or Leeta.

DEEP SPACE NINE JOKES!!!!

For all of you noobs, feel free to replace "Changeling" with "T1000."

ssjup81
08-24-2016, 03:37 PM

Edit: Good timing... If the girl in Jephael's signaure was in a video game, they'd prob be twice as big and slapping her in the face, sports bra be damned. :lol:Yeah. I was a D-cup by the time I was in high school and DD now. Runs in the family. My mother has five sisters and three of them had breast reduction surgery. My mom didn't have back probs nor did the youngest of them so no operation for them. The oldest is I guess average/normal for her frame.

That aside, there's nothing wrong with Shini. I still don't get why cubed is so obsessed with teenage boobs.

Chris
08-24-2016, 05:39 PM
Finally caught up with the Nick show and really liking Shinigami so far, hope she sticks around fir a bit.

CyberCubed
08-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Finally caught up with the Nick show and really liking Shinigami so far, hope she sticks around fir a bit.

There's no reason not to think she'll be around for a long time to come, if not till the end of the series.

snake
08-24-2016, 07:19 PM

Oh, you're a grill? I had no idea :lol:

But I can confirm just from observation that breasts are liquid like

Powder
08-24-2016, 07:47 PM
Well, some.

CyberCubed
08-24-2016, 07:52 PM
What's going on in this thread?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Oh, you're a grill? I had no idea :lol:

How close and tactile has your observation been? 'Cause, um...

Again, Changeling/T1000 joke.

Shark_Blade
08-24-2016, 08:36 PM
eRTugqDo1WM

ssjup81
08-24-2016, 08:51 PM
eRTugqDo1WMWhen I moved back to Japan in 2012, I had no cable and no Internet. This anime, though, was on my comp and was given to me before I left from a friend. I had no real interest in a zombie story, but since I had nothing else to entertain me, I checked it out. It was ridiculous with the fanservice and a bit annoying...but was also curious how the show was going to end. I think I watched about three eps....then skipped to the last ep I had. lol

ToTheNines
08-24-2016, 09:00 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5e/5f/5d/5e5f5db33ddbd1adfa53fbb2f5464d1b.jpg

plastroncafe
08-24-2016, 09:05 PM
ssjup81 IndigoErth
Please tell me you've seen the video "Heavy Boobs" from My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

IndigoErth
08-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Sounds like something I'd rather not... lol

Oh, you're a grill?
Not usually, the charred burger smell doesn't wash off too well.

I propose that you were simply hypnotized and time slowed down, creating slow motion ripple effects...

Or what ever the heck you mean by "liquid."

God, I make one opinion about character design and the thread flies off into boob debate and/or other weirdness.... *sigh*

snake
08-24-2016, 09:24 PM
How close and tactile has your observation been? 'Cause, um...

Again, Changeling/T1000 joke.

Not close enough :lol:

TMNTInsighter
08-24-2016, 09:44 PM
I think it's too soon. She's only been in 2 episodes, she needs to either be in more or have a really standout moment or two (perhaps an episode that centers around her) before she can make a mark in this franchise. I thought that she would be this series' version of Kitsune, Brandon Auman really likes her (of course he said "The Ever Burning Fire" was his favorite ep, give me a break!), so only time can tell.

Don't get me wrong by what I said here. Gwendoline has done a nice job behind the mic and Shinigami herself has proven that she can hold her own so far. Not only has she contributed to Karai's recruiting needs but she has done well in battle against the turtles, Tiger Claw (it reminded me of Gogo vs. The Bride from "Kill Bill" which was really cool), and the Purple Dragons. There have also been some really nice touches showing off her youth and personality so I do expect some good stuff from her going forward.

Karai Samurai
08-25-2016, 01:10 AM
You all are gross.

snake
08-25-2016, 01:31 AM
Okay, so I made some observations tonight when watching a theatre production.

-Boobs do have a ripple effect

-BUT only when they aren't supported in a way that would push them up, or close enough together. If they're let alone to kind of sit in the bra, and there's enough fat in the breast, they are like liquid. If pushed together, they do not produce the same effect.

IndigoErth
08-25-2016, 04:32 PM
*pats snake*

Future frat boy in the making. Sadly I don't think any schools have majors in Breast Kinematics.

Prob also depends on the consistency of the fat as well, for lack of a better word off the top of my head; firmness/softness varies, not everyone is the same.

Though still having a hard time accepting a description of "liquid"... lol

You all are gross.
Well... I suppose it's best to be a group of gross people rather than someone just being that one random gross person in the room no one wants to talk to.

So if we've got lil' Miss Wonderbra now, then come on, we need some grown male (human) character other than Shredder who's got something to show off too. :trazz: I vote for Casey's dad showing up for once and it turns out he's kinda hot. :lol: Figuratively speaking for CGI.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-25-2016, 04:36 PM
You all are gross.

Hey, I'M trying to educate people on quality science-fiction characters whose bodies are completely liquid.

What have YOU done for anybody lately? :trazz:

Candy Kappa
08-25-2016, 04:37 PM
PB-wmOYelnM

plastroncafe
08-25-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm not here to rain on your parade, but to blow up the floats.
Breasts are mostly fat, and like most animal fats is solid at room temperature.
So...solid, not liquid.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/nwbeqlghreackzpoe6lw.gif

IndigoErth
08-25-2016, 04:48 PM
So basically... if you've seen someone who's breast fat has turned to liquid, stop ogling and call an ambulance.

plastroncafe
08-25-2016, 04:49 PM
So basically... if you've seen someone who's breast fat has turned to liquid, stop ogling and call an ambulance.

Yes. Totally. It likely means their implants have ruptured.

IndigoErth
08-25-2016, 04:52 PM
That, or someone is somehow being cooked alive. :trazz: Given the heat this summer, I'd almost believe it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-25-2016, 05:00 PM

Today's safety tip... :tlol:

lonewarrior20
08-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Today's safety tip... :tlol:

this also works
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd324/geoffhanna/misc/knowingishalfthebattle.png

ABrown
08-25-2016, 09:30 PM
Ok, back to the girl at hand:

https://67.media.tumblr.com/190a30558f03428e6f9470849a38e3ef/tumblr_obzgjwX3Iu1sbinl1o2_500.gif

somethingreal
08-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Shinigami is really cool and I'd like to see her in future incarnations of tmnt.

ssjup81
08-25-2016, 10:21 PM
ssjup81 IndigoErth
Please tell me you've seen the video "Heavy Boobs" from My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.Nope, never heard of it.

PApagreg
08-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Off topic but I wonder if her real name is Sakura or Keiko something so vanilla that she is sort of embarrassed by her real name

snake
08-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Off topic but I wonder if her real name is Sakura or Keiko something so vanilla that she is sort of embarrassed by her real name

Turns out she's actually american and her name is Sarah. She's just a huge weeb and only hangs with Karai to say she has an asian friend. She puts on an accent and a sh*tload of makeup to seal the deal.

PApagreg
08-26-2016, 12:01 AM
Turns out she's actually american and her name is Sarah. She's just a huge weeb and only hangs with Karai to say she has an asian friend. She puts on an accent and a sh*tload of makeup to seal the deal.

I would't say all of that I mean she's still Asian

Powder
08-26-2016, 12:05 AM
I would't say all of that I mean she's still Asian

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke

ZacksSoUgly
08-26-2016, 12:06 AM
I'm liking her so far, but as people have mentioned before, we've only seen two episodes where she's served as a secondary character. I like her design - minus the hat and over done goth look - and it's totally badass that she uses a meteor hammer for a weapon. I like her combo of magic and martial arts too.

Hope to see her developed more, and hope her and Mikey become something more than a joke. I'd also be really into/interested in seeing her turn out to be different than we imagined/hoped or have different alliances than we imagine her to have. She could be a really cool anti-hero/double agent type of character... We'll see.

PApagreg
08-26-2016, 12:09 AM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke

I know what a joke is, I'm Greglactus eater of jokes

Powder
08-26-2016, 12:19 AM
Oooooookayyyy...

snake
08-26-2016, 12:24 AM
I know what a joke is, I'm Greglactus eater of jokes

*destroyer of jokes

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-26-2016, 09:28 AM
Suddenly, my Changeling joke is HILARIOUS by comparison. So, thanks for that.

BubblyShell22
08-26-2016, 01:35 PM
I like Shinigami so far and can't wait to learn more about her and to see her in more episodes. I like the fact that she's a friend of Karai so that Karai has someone to stay loyal to and another ally for the Turtles to have as well.

IndigoErth
08-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Turns out she's actually american and her name is Sarah.
Shinigami is really the name of her level 95 Orc Warlock. :tlol:

ABrown
09-06-2016, 12:06 PM
On a side note, have you seen the voice actress who plays her? She's pretty stunning: http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gwendoline_Yeo

PApagreg
09-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Shinigami is really the name of her level 95 Orc Warlock. :tlol:

It be really funny if she thought Shinigami was a cool name because she was a huge Bleach fan

WebLurker
09-08-2016, 02:22 AM
I like Shinigami so far. Decent character design, good casting, and a very different fighting style. I'm hoping she's around for the long haul. I would like the character to get some more development (while she's shown a few personality quirks, we don't really know what makes her tick) and some insight into why she and Karai are friends and how she learned her tricks, might be nice, too.

One question: Is it confirmed that Shinigami is an actual magic user, or is she an illusionist of some kind?

Splinter the boss
09-08-2016, 03:35 PM
I have no idea. Others believe she can transform into a cat, but I am a bit skeptical.

BubblyShell22
09-08-2016, 06:13 PM
No, she has a cat familiar because we see a black cat with her in "Broken Foot." The cat jumps into Mikey's arms and he begins petting her.

WebLurker
09-09-2016, 12:30 AM
I have no idea. Others believe she can transform into a cat, but I am a bit skeptical.

No, she has a cat familiar because we see a black cat with her in "Broken Foot." The cat jumps into Mikey's arms and he begins petting her.

I kind of remember seeing the cat in Shinigami's first episode and I couldn't tell if they were implying that she'd shape-shifted into the cat or something else. Forgot about the pet cat in the second show.

The bats she can summon are the only thing I'm having some trouble finding a natural explanation for. (Her apparent teleportation to exit after stealing April's sword could be supernatural instead of a smoke bomb and theatrics, although that would raise the question why she just didn't teleport out of her handcuffs when she's caught.)