PDA

View Full Version : Please don't mess it up (Shinigami)

Coola Yagami
08-23-2016, 07:34 AM
She seems like such an interesting character and could potentially be a new mainstay that will eventually return in future versions of tmnt media.

Please don't mess it up and eventually turn her into Alopex, Tempestra, Van Mi, Venus or any other pre-existing tmnt character. The show needs some completely all new characters that don't reference anything else... like they did to Bradford, Steranko and Pulverizer.

Powder
08-23-2016, 08:46 AM
There is a whole thread dedicated to discussing this character already.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56242&page=2

Coola Yagami
08-23-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm not appreciating her though, I'm just saying they better not turn her into a pre-existing character.

Also who cares. How many topics are there about shredder, splinter, april, krang, the movies, etc?

snake
08-23-2016, 03:08 PM
I doubt Shini will show up again after Nick, but you never know. Personally I'd use Kitsune for more story purposes.

IndigoErth
08-23-2016, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Tiger Claw has been a nice original one for the show, others that remain as they are would be nice. Refreshing even.

Actually I just remembered we first saw her as a cat. That is plenty enough and useful to the team. She doesn't need to go turning into anything else. If they want to mess with her that way, I dunno, maybe she gets stuck as a cat for a bit for some reason.

Powder
08-23-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm not appreciating her though, I'm just saying they better not turn her into a pre-existing character.

Also who cares. How many topics are there about shredder, splinter, april, krang, the movies, etc?

You're saying she's so great that she could become a staple in the franchise, begging the staff to maintain her status quo because of how much you like her. That's appreciation.

Clutter sucks, & nobody's opinion is so important that it should branch off from the rest of us if there's an appropriate place for it. Rather than get 4-5 replies here, you could keep the discussion going there. Healthy single thread > multiple weak threads

Shark_Blade
08-23-2016, 06:23 PM
She's a lesbian love interest for Karai it seems.

CyberCubed
08-23-2016, 06:43 PM
Why on earth would anyone think a witch would become a mutant?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-23-2016, 06:55 PM
Why on earth would anyone think a witch would become a mutant?

Same reason Nick turned Karai into a snake.

Because toys.

CyberCubed
08-23-2016, 07:08 PM
But that was for a plotline. This character is already introduced as Karai's friend and that wouldn't work in any other form

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-23-2016, 07:11 PM
But that was for a plotline. This character is already introduced as Karai's friend and that wouldn't work in any other form

You say plotline, I say cheap stunt and toys.

CyberCubed
08-23-2016, 07:11 PM
You say plotline, I say cheap stunt and toys.

I doubt it. It was one of the only ways to get Karai away from Shredder for a while and show Shredder's sympathetic side to try and find her.

ToTheNines
08-23-2016, 08:04 PM
More like Shini GAY mi

Coola Yagami
08-23-2016, 08:17 PM
There were more ways to deal with Karai than mutating her. Don't act like it's some sort of logical conclusion because Karai was probably the least likely character to ever be mutated since she never has been in previous media. Might as well mutate Casey too.

I mean c'mon. Mutant Karai, Mutant Shredder (only seen in the movie, never in animated or comic form), April immune to Mutagen, Irma is a robot disguise for Kraang Sub Prime. The only one missing to either become a mutant, robot or some other freak is Casey.

It doesn't even have to be a mutant. She could become Tempestra, Shreeka, Van Mi or any other lazy pre-existing character, just because. All I'm saying is at least leave this one be.

Shark_Blade
08-23-2016, 08:55 PM
If Casey is mutated one day, pretty sure his animal is a laughing hyena.

Coola Yagami
08-23-2016, 09:07 PM
If Casey is mutated one day, pretty sure his animal is a laughing hyena.

Pretty sure he'd also be all kick-ass for that one episode, then back to being useless and stupid in the ones after that.

Splinter the boss
08-24-2016, 10:52 AM
She's a lesbian love interest for Karai it seems.
Why would you think that? There's nothing else besides their friendship.

Splinter the boss
08-24-2016, 10:56 AM
Pretty sure he'd also be all kick-ass for that one episode, then back to being useless and stupid in the ones after that.

I liked smart Casey in the space arc, I wish we had him back, though it's out of character.