PDA

View Full Version : Which was the better Swimming TMNT Figure

Garfield
08-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Sewer Swimmin' Don or Super-Swimmin' Raph

I've never owned either of these so I don't know and I'm very likely wrong but I suspect that the swimming action feature would compromise the articulation, and I have a feeling that trying to get an action figure to mimic swimming effectively enough and actually have it work was getting into the realm of expecting too much. And quite frankly Sewer Swimmin' Don looks cheap.

To those who have owned both, Which is the better figure? Which does the whole swimming gimmick better between the two? Which did you like the most of the two?

Shogun26
08-23-2016, 09:02 PM
Sewer Swimmin' Don or Super-Swimmin' Raph

I've never owned either of these so I don't know and I'm very likely wrong but I suspect that the swimming action feature would compromise the articulation, and I have a feeling that trying to get an action figure to mimic swimming effectively enough and actually have it work was getting into the realm of expecting too much. And quite frankly Sewer Swimmin' Don looks cheap.

To those who have owned both, Which is the better figure? Which does the whole swimming gimmick better between the two? Which did you like the most of the two?
Don was really good at swimming, but from what i can remember once he got wet the water would negatively impact his wind up motor. Still extremely fun tho.

nellyp
08-23-2016, 10:14 PM
Sewer swimmin' Don was actually the first TMNT figure I ever got. While the action feature was cool the snap on feet were very brittle and friends of mine broke the figure by dropping it. Years later I saw one at a 2nd hand shop and I got it and one of my kids dropped it and the same thing happened. This past weekend at a flea market I got one just because it had 2 good feet and was only $3 and I took the foot off it to put on my other figure.

The Raph figure I never had so I can't comment on it. That is the one from the '92 Turtle Games wave I assume? I had Powerliftin' Don and Track and Field Leo but not Raph or Mikey.

Garfield
08-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Sewer swimmin' Don was actually the first TMNT figure I ever got. While the action feature was cool the snap on feet were very brittle and friends of mine broke the figure by dropping it. Years later I saw one at a 2nd hand shop and I got it and one of my kids dropped it and the same thing happened. This past weekend at a flea market I got one just because it had 2 good feet and was only $3 and I took the foot off it to put on my other figure.

The Raph figure I never had so I can't comment on it. That is the one from the '92 Turtle Games wave I assume? I had Powerliftin' Don and Track and Field Leo but not Raph or Mikey.

Yep. That's the one I'm talking. But I saw a vid on the web Raph seems to just rotate his arms circular, it seems to work well.

I do like the head sculpt on Sewer Swimmin' Don, But the Super Swimmin' Raph lots sturdier, But many might have a problem with him being a wacky variant wearing an outfit of a kind.

ProactiveMan
08-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Don was really good at swimming, but from what i can remember once he got wet the water would negatively impact his wind up motor. Still extremely fun tho.

I never owned Sewer Swimming Don, but I took Wacky Action Raph and Mike in water a lot. Raph is still OK, but Mike's mechanism stopped working when I was a kid. I never cracked him open to look, but I think something important rusted through, as I remember a bunch of brown grit pouring out of him.