PDA

View Full Version : Should the Hamato clan be more proactive against The Foot

PApagreg
08-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Imagine a scenario where the Hamato clan are more proactive against Shredder and Splinter is the one giving out orders which means most of their plans are efficient with a few blunders here and there. They would pretty much a black ops group weakning Shredder until the final day they take him down.

With that in mind,whats the downside to all of this. You can say Shredder will become more aggressive but how, the dude is willing to betray his species just to kill Splinter.

Jephael
08-23-2016, 04:37 PM
At this point Splinter seems done with it all. He just wants to move on with his life, though I'm guessing there's going to come a point where the Turtles will have to defend the city from Shredder's wrath.

Coola Yagami
08-23-2016, 05:51 PM
The Turtles, even the OT Turtles have always been about kicking back and relaxing until the **** comes to them. I mean, yeah, they should just do a surprised attack and end the Foot and Shredder once and for all.... and then move on with the rest of their lives. In syndication.

PApagreg
08-23-2016, 06:12 PM
The Turtles, even the OT Turtles have always been about kicking back and relaxing until the **** comes to them. I mean, yeah, they should just do a surprised attack and end the Foot and Shredder once and for all.... and then move on with the rest of their lives. In syndication.

I don't know I remember the 2k3 turtles being more proactive compared to the 2k12 version

Shark_Blade
08-23-2016, 06:22 PM
2k12 turtles know how to enjoy life - by watching tv shows and playing board games (do people even play this nowadays? I never seen it).

Ninjinister
08-24-2016, 05:16 PM
So these guys are pretty much the opposite of where IDW's at right now.

neatoman
08-25-2016, 02:17 AM
So these guys are pretty much the opposite of where IDW's at right now.

Oh yeah, that's right.

The Happy One
08-25-2016, 05:59 AM
They literally are the Foot. I like that approach more. Adds a lot of tension and great use of plot development

Splinter the boss
08-25-2016, 10:00 AM
I always thought that the Hamato clan had gone extinct. In addition, the show will probably be over after season 5, it's time for peace.

ZacksSoUgly
08-25-2016, 11:13 PM
This iteration (among others) has the Turtles and Splinter playing defense - excuse the sports reference - more often than not. Splinter seems to be pretty anti-revenge, so that makes sense. I can't imagine this version of the characters actively seeking an end to Shredder. I envision them as just defending themselves until worst comes to worst.

Also, in the IDW version Shredder is already dead (for how long - who knows). The Nick version of the Turtle Family isn't in that situation so they don't have to approach things from that angle.

victory_angel
08-26-2016, 01:02 AM
Not so much against the Foot Clan. I mean yes the Shredder is a threat at large and the Turtles and co should deal with the Shredder's followers as they come.

More often than not the Turtles are going to be fielding Karai's schemes because they are well aware she is taking on more than she can handle and if left to her own devices she would only hurt herself more than the Shredder.

One of the Turtles was nearly lost when Leo was helping her in this mad quest. They don't want to risk that happening again or worse. And from the way they all looked at the end of the last episode it was clear that Leo and the other Turtles want no part in helping her take out the Shredder.

Second the Turtles know they have to remain hidden in the shadows because of what they are and because of their line of work. So if Karai continues to seek revenge against the Shredder, she is only going to risk their exposure to the rest of the city.