PDA

View Full Version : Channel 6 (2012)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-25-2016, 09:28 AM
Since we've now seen the Channel 6 building in the 2012 version, does anyone believe it will become a more important part of the series later? Like April growing and educating into reporter, Vernon appearing (and making anti-TMNT reports like in the 1987 cartoon) or whatever.

ToTheNines
08-25-2016, 09:30 AM
I certainly hope not.

Splinter the boss
08-25-2016, 09:56 AM
Possibly. Why else would they bother showing it this late in the show?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Sometimes an Easter egg is just an Easter egg.

TurtleTitan97
08-25-2016, 10:03 AM
No, no, and a thousand times no.

wpugh2424
08-25-2016, 10:32 AM
It'd be nostalgic to see, but not sure if it'd fit in well w the show

Candy Kappa
08-25-2016, 10:49 AM
If it means more appearances of Carlos Chiang O'Brien Gambe, I'm down.

neatoman
08-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Since we've now seen the Channel 6 building in the 2012 version, does anyone believe it will become a more important part of the series later? Like April growing and educating into reporter, Vernon appearing (and making anti-TMNT reports like in the 1987 cartoon) or whatever.

Why would this version of April even become a reporter? She has shown no interest in becoming a reporter and the series is 76% concluded, so there's really no reason to believe she'll end up a reporter, unless comes out of nowhere of course.

snake
08-25-2016, 12:46 PM
There's really no need. I don't think this show would be able to pull off the Channel 6 humor bits as well as they did in the OT

victory_angel
08-25-2016, 02:18 PM
Why would this version of April even become a reporter? She has shown no interest in becoming a reporter and the series is 76% concluded, so there's really no reason to believe she'll end up a reporter, unless comes out of nowhere of course.

There is that message board from season one that she used to get the unsuspecting populous of New York serving as her eyes and ears for kraang activity.

And during a humans vs. mutants arc, she could use the same tactic to defend mutants (Or at the very least the Turtles) when Jone Grody and the media are calling them all monsters.

CyberCubed
08-25-2016, 02:52 PM
Will never happen unless there's a time skip.

ssjup81
08-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Since we've now seen the Channel 6 building in the 2012 version, does anyone believe it will become a more important part of the series later? Like April growing and educating into reporter, Vernon appearing (and making anti-TMNT reports like in the 1987 cartoon) or whatever.I could see April going the "investigative reporter" route based on season if they stuck to not having her train. The potential was there. You saw how she gathered info. At this point, it's probably just an Easter egg.

victory_angel
08-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I could see April going the "investigative reporter" route based on season if they stuck to not having her train. The potential was there. You saw how she gathered info. At this point, it's probably just an Easter egg.

Both Jone Grody and Carlos Chang O'Brian Gambe are both working for Channel 6.

One of the things with the OT they had April continuously worried about losing her job. Or felt the pieces she was given was causing her career to suffer.

Of the two reporters that we see at Channel 6 Grody to the Max is the show that is more likey to suffer as she is reporting on unusual and gross things going on in New York. With the Kraang no longer in the city, she isn't likely to get alien activity to report on...but there are still mutants.

I strongly believe that whole moment when she nearly exposed the Turtles to the city was a precurser further events.

Take Muck Man for example...there was already a group calling him a hero. So she had to continue reporting him as a Hero until she found some dirt on him to change public opinion.

The Turtles she knew very little about so all she needed to do was fudge somethings to make it seem like they were more of a threat knowing the public would eat it up. Muckman was able to tell her the Turtles were just a bunch of kids playing games and weren't turtles at all. And that worked for that time.

But once Joan realizes Muckman has lied to the media about the Turtles, she would also bring into question whether or not Muckman is even a hero. In a "If he can lie about the Turtles, what else has he lied about?" sort of way.

Powder
08-25-2016, 05:39 PM
I certainly hope not.

http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/img/cards/web/BW7/BW7_EN_108.png

ToTheNines
08-25-2016, 07:29 PM
http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/img/cards/web/BW7/BW7_EN_108.png

That's why you're my boy.

Both of us great Fred Wolf fans, but that it's pretty obvious that there's just no room for that crap in this show.

snake
08-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Totally agree. One of Nick's faults is the annoying fallbacks to the OT. It's almost as if they're afraid they'll overshadow it if they try new things. I usually like when they take a concept and modify it but new stuff is always the best.

It's one of the reasons why I can appriciate TNM. It had the balls to do new things. Every incarnation gives us something to pass onto the next (except Bayturtles), and right now I'm not sure what Nick has given us compared to 4kids having, for example, Bishop or Hun. Maybe Shinigami? Tigerclaw probably. It's a little too early to tell.

ToTheNines
08-26-2016, 01:41 AM
Geek Leo. Hamato Miwa. Don's naginata/Mikey's gusari. TigerClaw (hopefully the next version loses that dopey jetpack). Bradford and Xever. The Finger. The Cottage Cheese Demon.

neatoman
08-26-2016, 02:49 AM
There is that message board from season one that she used to get the unsuspecting populous of New York serving as her eyes and ears for kraang activity.

And during a humans vs. mutants arc, she could use the same tactic to defend mutants (Or at the very least the Turtles) when Jone Grody and the media are calling them all monsters.

I seriously don't remember that message board, mind pointing me to a certain episode? In any case, when the only evidence is some message board I can't remember and all the major elements to this character are completely unrelated to reporting, there's absolutely no reason to think she'll end up a reporter.

victory_angel
08-26-2016, 10:02 AM
I seriously don't remember that message board, mind pointing me to a certain episode? In any case, when the only evidence is some message board I can't remember and all the major elements to this character are completely unrelated to reporting, there's absolutely no reason to think she'll end up a reporter.

It was introduced in Metalhead. April has a moment where she calls Raph and Leo over to see a post she received. The entire moment goes like this.

Turtles are in the lair. Donnie is in his lab building Metalhead, Raph and Leo are playing the Zombie hocky video game in the corner of the room and Mikey is zonked out asleep in the tire swing. April is sitting in the pit with her lap top.

April: Hey guys! Check out this post I got!

Raph: Hang on, April, I just have to destroy, Lame-o-nardo.

Raph destroys Leo's player character winning the game and happily gloats by dancing, putting his arm on Leo's shoulder he shoves his older brother joining April. Leo also joins them but punches Raph in the head as he sits down.

Raph: So what's up?

April: I set up a message board to collect unusual sightings around New York. People send in pics Videos, I also get some stuff that may help us track the Kraang and find my dad.

And in an earlier episode "Turtle Temper" There is a moment where the Turtles are staking out a science facility that was going to be attacked by the Kraang. Donnie says he knows this because he had valuable intel to which Raph scoffs and says "Intel? You mean April told you!"

Never Say Xever and Panic in the Sewers showed April did infiltration and information gathering for the Turtles. Even her training as a kunoichi would aid her a career as an investigative reporter. Because that was mostly what Kunoichi were utilized for. Sometimes they seduce and become the consort of their enemies. But most times they would infiltrate an enemy's home in the guise of servants and would pick up info through talk and gossip with the other servants, or listen in on conversations. And when able they would report said information to their clan, but also open a way for the male ninja to enter the residence undetected.

neatoman
08-26-2016, 02:02 PM
It was introduced in Metalhead. April has a moment where she calls Raph and Leo over to see a post she received. The entire moment goes like this.

Turtles are in the lair. Donnie is in his lab building Metalhead, Raph and Leo are playing the Zombie hocky video game in the corner of the room and Mikey is zonked out asleep in the tire swing. April is sitting in the pit with her lap top.

April: Hey guys! Check out this post I got!

Raph: Hang on, April, I just have to destroy, Lame-o-nardo.

Raph destroys Leo's player character winning the game and happily gloats by dancing, putting his arm on Leo's shoulder he shoves his older brother joining April. Leo also joins them but punches Raph in the head as he sits down.

Raph: So what's up?

April: I set up a message board to collect unusual sightings around New York. People send in pics Videos, I also get some stuff that may help us track the Kraang and find my dad.

And in an earlier episode "Turtle Temper" There is a moment where the Turtles are staking out a science facility that was going to be attacked by the Kraang. Donnie says he knows this because he had valuable intel to which Raph scoffs and says "Intel? You mean April told you!"

Never Say Xever and Panic in the Sewers showed April did infiltration and information gathering for the Turtles. Even her training as a kunoichi would aid her a career as an investigative reporter. Because that was mostly what Kunoichi were utilized for. Sometimes they seduce and become the consort of their enemies. But most times they would infiltrate an enemy's home in the guise of servants and would pick up info through talk and gossip with the other servants, or listen in on conversations. And when able they would report said information to their clan, but also open a way for the male ninja to enter the residence undetected.

See, the problem that is that it's loosely connected to reporting at best and there's probably countless other professions involving those skills. Guess what other jobs involves gathering information? as an example, let's go with...
A scientist.
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3372/3211645603_1a100491dd.jpg
Hey, why not? If setting up a message board can be considered evidence for an interest in reporting, then hanging in Donnie's lab and tutoring Casey that one time is just as good.
That's just one example, another could be private detective.

The point I'm getting at here is that the details you bring up are rather vague, there's really no more reason to think she'll end up a reporter as opposed to the proprietor of Second Time Around or CEO of O'Neil Tech. There are the hints are not nearly strong enough, if there even are hints.

Think about it, if the writers really wanted to hint that April is going to become a reporter, wouldn't the hints be far stronger? Running a blog, being part of a podcast, writing for the school paper, filming documentaries etc.

BubblyShell22
08-26-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm sure it's just mostly a reference at best though we do see Carlos and Joan and that's about all we'll get. I think April could turn out to be a reporter or even a detective if she really wanted to do something like that. The thing is, we don't know what she wants to be when she gets older as nothing has been said about it. So until she says something, all we can do is speculate as to what her ambitions are.

Jephael
08-26-2016, 11:23 PM
Maybe we'll get another Renet episode where she takes the present day TMNT 15 years into the future and we'll get a glimpse of April as a grown up.

BubblyShell22
08-27-2016, 10:43 AM
That would be pretty cool if they did that.

victory_angel
08-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Maybe we'll get another Renet episode where she takes the present day TMNT 15 years into the future and we'll get a glimpse of April as a grown up.

Or Renet sees April in her next appearance and tells April what she becomes.

BubblyShell22
08-27-2016, 04:18 PM
That would be interesting, too, but maybe she's not allowed to. I could see her accidentally sending them to the future and the truth is revealed there.