PDA

View Full Version : Cereal

Donatello19
08-26-2016, 01:37 AM
I always found random food related threads to be fun on here, so I figured I'd start one.

So, anyone a fan of cereal? If so, what are some of your favorites, and if you could bring back one discontinued cereal (besides TMNT for those awesome bowls) what would it be?

If I could bring one back it'd be either the captain crunch chocolate donuts or cupcake pebbles. I recall being hooked on both of those when they were out. OH, and of course, Oreo O's. Those were amazing.

TheBlueTurtle1
08-26-2016, 01:56 AM
I love cereal, I could eat it every meal if I could. Now days I tend to eat shredded wheat, or porridge, but I do love rice krispies and corn flakes.

As a kid I ate all kinds from frosties to coco pops (couldn't eat it now though, far too sweet)

I guess I would love to see them bring back Corn pops, I miss those!

Donatello19
08-26-2016, 02:06 AM
I guess I would love to see them bring back Corn pops, I miss those!

Aw man, I forgot that they even got rid of those. I didn't have them too many times but I do remember liking them when I did!

Powder
08-26-2016, 03:49 AM
I don't eat it terribly often, but when I do, it's always dry & out of the bag. I usually go for Captain Crunch w/ Crunchberries. I also like Cinnamon Toast Crunch & Lucky Charms a lot, together they're my top 3. They stopped making Oreo-O's, right? I'd bring those back. I haven't seen Frosted Shredded Wheat in a while either.

somethingreal
08-26-2016, 07:14 AM
Aww. I'm a sucker for krave cereal. Other than that I'm not big on many cereals but I mainly eat rice krispies because it fills me up pretty well. As for cereals I want to come back, nesquik cereal was the beeeeeeest bro.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-26-2016, 07:28 AM
I used to start every morning with Mini-Wheats (no milk. I never like milk in my cereal).

Spike Spiegel
08-26-2016, 07:54 AM
Big fan of Raisin Bran, Wheaties, and any cereal that has honey mixed in.

Krutch
08-26-2016, 08:23 AM
I don't eat it terribly often, but when I do, it's always dry & out of the bag. I usually go for Captain Crunch w/ Crunchberries. I also like Cinnamon Toast Crunch & Lucky Charms a lot, together they're my top 3. That's... entirely what I was going to say, too. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting haha

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-26-2016, 10:00 AM
My one regret in life is not yet having tasted Cookie Crunch. Parents would never buy that for me (can't blame them) and I haven't gotten around to buying it for myself.

ONE DAY...

Utrommaniac
08-26-2016, 11:21 AM
You have kids, go ahead and do it :P

I for one have lost my taste for cereal. There was a time where it wasn't enough food for me to take with my morning medication (which already makes me a little stomach sick if I don't eat enough), and I would just end up throwing up a little bit later.

If I'm desperate enough, I'll have a little bowl, but I won't eat it every single day.

Lethal Lullaby
08-26-2016, 11:27 AM
I always found random food related threads to be fun on here, so I figured I'd start one.

So, anyone a fan of cereal? If so, what are some of your favorites, and if you could bring back one discontinued cereal (besides TMNT for those awesome bowls) what would it be?

If I could bring one back it'd be either the captain crunch chocolate donuts or cupcake pebbles. I recall being hooked on both of those when they were out. OH, and of course, Oreo O's. Those were amazing.

Cupcake pebbles sound like they were amazing.
And I remember having Oreo O's. X3

I really like the 'fruity' cereals, and any with marshmallows.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-26-2016, 11:35 AM
You have kids, go ahead and do it :P

Yes, but... do I want my kids eating it? 'Cause they hyper enough as is. :tlol:

snake
08-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Halloween captain crunch is the best. Booberry is great too

Icebot
08-26-2016, 01:57 PM
I like Lucky Charms the best.

plastroncafe
08-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Love cereal. These days I mostly eat Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, Frosted shredded mini-wheats, and Golden grahams.

I spent the summer between my freshman and sophomore years of college pretty much existing on Honeycomb cereal.

Oooh and Alphabits. I did love me some Alphabits.

Powder
08-26-2016, 02:15 PM
My one regret in life is not yet having tasted Cookie Crunch. Parents would never buy that for me (can't blame them) and I haven't gotten around to buying it for myself.

ONE DAY...

It sucked. You didn't miss out.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-26-2016, 02:16 PM
It sucked. You didn't miss out.

Really? :tsad:

Can't say I'm HUGELY surprised but still... sad face.

somethingreal
08-26-2016, 02:18 PM

ONE DAY...

its TERRIBLE

TheSkeletonMan939
08-26-2016, 02:18 PM
It doesn't taste like cookies at all, if that's what you're wondering. :sad:

plastroncafe
08-26-2016, 02:20 PM
I firmly believe that there are some food for which there is a window of time where they're not just edible...but amazing.

Once that window is closed, however, they're just not good.
It was my experience that the window for Cookie Crisp closed sometime around college.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-26-2016, 02:21 PM
RIP Cylons' Dream of Cookie Crisp Goodness.

I'll just make a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies this weekend, cut some up into chunks, drop 'em in a bowl, pour milk over them...

I'm drooling on my keyboard now.

The Deadman
08-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Froot Loops, Rice Krispies Treats and Honey Nut Cheerios were always my go to cereals as I was growing up.

Prowler
08-26-2016, 04:54 PM
I never cared for cereal. Also, doesn't seem like a good breakfast for kids. All that sugar.

High fiber and dietary cereal is quite filling, however. But still, a bowl of it will have almost up to 30 grams of sugar.

Utrommaniac
08-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Breakfast is something I tend to struggle with in general, and I'm not entirely sure why that is.

plastroncafe
08-27-2016, 10:44 AM
No I get that. I'm not the kind of person who's hungry first thing in the morning. And if I eat something with more sugar than protein, I get sick to my stomach. So...no fruit alone for breakfast.

Or most cereals marketed towards kids.

DarkFell
02-22-2017, 09:22 PM
I used to be a HUGE cereal killer back in my younger days.

Although I don't eat as much cereal as I used to, I'll occasionally enjoy some Honeycomb, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Grahams, Corn Pops, and during the Halloween season, Count Chocula.

I REALLY love Life cereal though.

Prowler
02-23-2017, 05:51 AM
I've always wondered why so many people can't bring themselves to eat in the morning/after waking up. It just seems odd not being hungry at all after hours of sleeping.

DisKosh
02-24-2017, 11:36 AM
I only eat cereal when I have an early shift at work later.

Oh and I have it dry.

IndigoErth
02-24-2017, 08:51 PM
I eat it dry as well. Not usually much of a cereal eater, but like some kind of adult I've been snacking on Fiber One Honey Clusters lately (which flavor wise actually kind of reminds me a little of Golden Grams). Also had a box of berry something or other by Kashi.

My less healthy one at the moment is the Girl Scouts limited edition Thin Mints cereal.

There ARE some old ones I remember the names or commercials for from long ago I kind of wish they'd bring back. Cereals like Crispy Critters that was originally made in the 60s but had a short comeback in the 80s, and Ice Cream Cones cereal. Both of which I think I may have had just once.

I've always wondered why so many people can't bring themselves to eat in the morning/after waking up. It just seems odd not being hungry at all after hours of sleeping.
Eh, it just usually takes my stomach a while to even wake up. Once in a while I'll wake up hungry, but its rare. Usually I don't feel like eating until after I'm already at work so I just tend to take some kind of breakfast bar or something easy like that with me I can grab real quick.

I'm not really too fond of most common breakfast foods anyhow. The easy stuff is too sweet, esp in the morning, and other stuff is too much of a hassle. The cereal I have right now (after not even buying any for a long time) is more of an evening snack.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Not a big cereal fan most of the time- I lived on it far too much as a kid and got burnt out on most of them. My faves? Honey Nut Cheerios NEVER gets old, I enjoy 4, Honey Bunches of Oats, and I still like Golden Grahms and Cocoa (or Fruity) Pebbles once in a while.