PDA

View Full Version : Myteefinestuff is having a close out sale of 60 % off everything in the store

Bill
08-27-2016, 06:34 AM
Hello,
Dear Tmnt Dromers, perhaps you donīt know but myteefinestuff is having a close out sale of 60 % off everything in the store. I believe this is our chance to finally complete our collection!

https://myteefinestuff.com/terms.htm#discounts

Thanks for reading.

lonewarrior20
08-27-2016, 08:23 AM
well i hit him up for some of the ones i was missing. if it's still going a few a week from now i'll do it again.

EddieNES
08-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Is it shutting down?

TheMasterTurtle
08-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Shame I'm tapped out with other stuff right now

Shogun26
08-27-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes, he is closing up. I wish i could decide what else is on my "must have" list.

oldmanwinters
08-27-2016, 02:38 PM
Never was inclined to buy anything from the site, but I really liked having it as a merchandise reference for the pictures.

lonewarrior20
08-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Never was inclined to buy anything from the site, but I really liked having it as a merchandise reference for the pictures.

i mainly used his site to nearly complete my muta raft, foot crusier and module toys. i wonder how much will be left by next week.

TheMasterTurtle
08-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Having looked again I'm not huge on the payment preferences. No security for me if he just decides not to ship. I don't think that would be the case but I could rack up a big tab with odds and ends that I haven't made it a priority to buy

DevilSpooky
08-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Having looked again I'm not huge on the payment preferences. No security for me if he just decides not to ship. I don't think that would be the case but I could rack up a big tab with odds and ends that I haven't made it a priority to buy

Well, I've bought a figure from him before and nothing was wrong with it, he even undercharged me because the figure was heavier then the thought so I say go for it.

Shogun26
08-27-2016, 06:51 PM
I have bought a ton of stuff from him before without issue, but never using the friends and family, always had paypal backing. I really question why now all of a sudden he is pushing it. I guess he doesn't want returns, but i feel after all that time, now using this method is a little unsettling to me..

lonewarrior20
08-27-2016, 06:59 PM
I have bought a ton of stuff from him before without issue, but never using the friends and family, always had paypal backing. I really question why now all of a sudden he is pushing it. I guess he doesn't want returns, but i feel after all that time, now using this method is a little unsettling to me..

well, he said he shipped my order and even gave a slight return on shipping so it should show up.

nellyp
08-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Shame I'm tapped out with other stuff right now

Me too, which is a shame cause just the other day I put a bunch of stuff in my cart for a future purchase. I went to a flea market last weekend and got a bunch of figures all missing their accessories and a couple vehicles missing pieces and it was comforting knowing I could go to Tom's site and pick up most of the missing stuff.

It was because of his site I was able to get a complete Monty Moose earlier this year for a lot less than eBay prices. Being from Canada Monty Moose is a must have Mountie mutant. Much appreciated.

Hopefully I can put in an order in a couple weeks and he won't be sold out of the items I need.

Toadtrooper
08-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Never support any seller that tries to avoid PayPal fees through the 'Gift to Family/Friends' route.

Not only is it scamming the payment system, you lose out on your buyer protection because PayPal does not consider it a purchase. Personal payment is not considered an agreement to deliver goods, just an agreement to pay.

If you need a few official answers from PayPal on the topic, here you go (https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Can-you-dispute-a-friends-and-family-payment/td-p/841206).

Powder
08-27-2016, 08:04 PM
I had good experiences with Tom in the past. Dunno if anything's up now, though. 60% is a great sale to have, though a lot of his goods aren't even worth their discounted prices. It's weird how some items are really fairly priced, while others are extreme. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few things, but most of what I need is at a jacked up price.

Shogun26
08-27-2016, 08:12 PM
I had good experiences with Tom in the past. Dunno if anything's up now, though. 60% is a great sale to have, though a lot of his goods aren't even worth their discounted prices. It's weird how some items are really fairly priced, while others are extreme. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few things, but most of what I need is at a jacked up price.

Completely agree. Tom was like my mentor when it came to selling and getting the correct packing supplies. Everything id want to buy is still really over priced (imo).

nellyp
08-27-2016, 09:17 PM
It looks like someone bought that complete Scratch he had for a while. It was $650 so with a 60% discount it would still be $260. Still too much for me for a toy that was like $5 23 years ago. Maybe someday.

nevermore
08-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Couldn't attend the NJ Toy Convention this weekend, wanted to pick up TMNT there. Glad I saw this thread, I just bought the original four 1988 Playmates Turtles C9, came out to $140 shipped. Thought it was a fair price, probably could have gotten these a little cheaper with the right deal.

Keeping my fingers crossed. His site has been around for a long time, so I am trusting him with the PayPal gift option.

LilithMV
08-28-2016, 03:58 AM
I just bought Toon Irma and Vernon. Now I just need Burne.

Well, and tons of other older figures. I got many from the 2K3 line. Back when I started to collect the 2K3 were coming and I didn't buy anything from Ebay, I just started that about a year ago. Still I'm at least trying to complete the 1988 line, and then on to the next one. Some things will be hard or even impossible to get unless I want to shell out thousands of dollars.

Coro
08-28-2016, 09:24 AM
Never support any seller that tries to avoid PayPal fees through the 'Gift to Family/Friends' route.

Not only is it scamming the payment system, you lose out on your buyer protection because PayPal does not consider it a purchase. Personal payment is not considered an agreement to deliver goods, just an agreement to pay.

If you need a few official answers from PayPal on the topic, here you go (https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Can-you-dispute-a-friends-and-family-payment/td-p/841206).

I disagree. I have used friends and family to sell products cheaper and when we are talking 12% of the cost it can make a huge difference. If you trust the seller and are ok with the dollar amount it can help.

Those fees are crap-just know who you are dealing with before going that route. I usually offer the option like " I'll sell it for $20 or cheaper if if you are ok to do friends/family...."

TheCanadiandrome
08-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Shame he's closing, anyone know why?

Shogun26
08-28-2016, 10:38 PM
Shame he's closing, anyone know why?

From the man himself (Aug 5th, 2016):
Iím not going to live forever and I do not want to leave it to the wife if I croak first. She would not be able to handle it and she has zero interest in TMNT. My sons are all married with familyís and careers and do not have the time. So, I will with rare exception not be stocking my store any more and will probably be having a closeout sale at some discount. It is always best to plan ahead. My doctors give no hint of anything going wrong but I do not have a great history (3 angioplasties and 5 stints-too much salt in my youth).

Toadtrooper
08-28-2016, 10:52 PM
I disagree.

I don't care if you disagree. It's against the PayPal TOS. There's nothing you can say to argue against it because you agreed to that TOS.

4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

TheCanadiandrome
08-29-2016, 02:41 PM
From the man himself (Aug 5th, 2016):
Iím not going to live forever and I do not want to leave it to the wife if I croak first. She would not be able to handle it and she has zero interest in TMNT. My sons are all married with familyís and careers and do not have the time. So, I will with rare exception not be stocking my store any more and will probably be having a closeout sale at some discount. It is always best to plan ahead. My doctors give no hint of anything going wrong but I do not have a great history (3 angioplasties and 5 stints-too much salt in my youth).

oh sh*t! wow :o :o

Coro
08-29-2016, 04:21 PM
I don't care if you disagree. It's against the PayPal TOS. There's nothing you can say to argue against it because you agreed to that TOS.

4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

Do you work for PayPal or something? Did I just insult your mother somehow? Or did you just miss the "friends" part of friends and family? Clearly you would not qualify...

I also like how you edited the quote to just get what you wanted as well

super curry max
08-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Are the prices now reflecting the discounts?

Toadtrooper
08-29-2016, 06:36 PM
I also like how you edited the quote to just get what you wanted as well

I have used friends and family to sell products cheaper and when we are talking 12% of the cost it can make a huge difference. If you trust the seller and are ok with the dollar amount it can help.

Those fees are crap-just know who you are dealing with before going that route. I usually offer the option like " I'll sell it for $20 or cheaper if if you are ok to do friends/family...."

The fees aren't 12% of the cost. Learn what you agreed to for PayPal, not eBay.
You're not saving money, you are breaking TOS.
You can still owe fees on family/friends.
If you don't like the system yet you're still abusing it, that's your issue, not mine.

There. Unedited. Happy?

Coro
08-29-2016, 08:49 PM
If you don't like the system yet you're still abusing it, that's your issue, not mine.

There. Unedited. Happy?

After viewing your post history I fully understand.:trolleye:

People can and will do what they can to save a few bucks. Let people do what they want and lose the attitude...youll live longer.

nellyp
08-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Are the prices now reflecting the discounts?

I don't believe they are cause when I checked yesterday they were the same prices as always. You would need to pay with the specified payment methods to get the discount. On the bright side it would be drastically less than the cart total shows. There would still be people paying the traditional way that would not get the discount so it isn't taken off the top.

TheCanadiandrome
08-29-2016, 10:44 PM
Well I might get something yet before everything's gone

dragonside
08-30-2016, 11:00 PM
well picked up some stuff, since, it might be the last go. :)

Candy Kappa
08-31-2016, 01:42 AM

Not only is it abuse, but PayPal is notorious on shutting down accounts if anything seems iffy to them.

This is the company that actively shuts down accounts of you actually uses their rules to notify customers that you provide nsfw artworks, and they ended FourHorsemen's account since they had too many preorders on their Mythic Legion action figure line.

nevermore
08-31-2016, 09:11 PM
Received my order today. Extremely pleased with communication, shipping speed, and packaging.

Got these four for $140 shipped. C9s :tgrin::tgrin::tgrin::tgrin:

https://s15.postimg.org/6pydc6ll7/unnamed.jpg

TheCanadiandrome
09-01-2016, 01:24 AM
Congrats bro. I've got my eye on a few things myself but alas as the Canuckian dollar is the sh*ts compared to the US counter part it's hard to justify buying anything. But I can usually work out a great deal with Tom

Ninjinister
09-01-2016, 05:15 AM

There. Unedited. Happy?

Even as someone who works in anti-fraud and is constantly trying to advocate that everyone follows the laws and terms of service of everything they do... I still find it hard to fully sanction this.

Yes, you lose your backing if something goes wrong. You no longer have a leg to stand on when it comes to a dispute.

But you will have to pay more to compensate or the seller will just have to eat the loss. Considering how much money PayPal makes anyway, they could do away with this factor and not have to subject people to it. Realistically, they should do it like everyone else and make it an optional protection fee.

Plus as Candy Kappa said, PayPal pretty much plays roulette with who they punish; you can break their rules all year long and even tell PayPal that you are, and they will leave you the hell alone. Or, you can have your account suspended even if you follow their rules to the letter.

TL;DR:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1cfb96a1fb6521dbc3103e8be1570f32/tumblr_mouyuhdHO81qj41v5o6_250.gif

kizer17
09-02-2016, 09:41 AM
So does anyone know if the actual prices shown on the website are the price after 60% is taken off? The prices look pretty high for the TMNT figures still, which makes me wonder if the listings are still showing the full price.

Dragnskull
09-02-2016, 10:30 AM
"TMNT DISCOUNTS

All orders requesting a 60% Discount must be paid via USPS Money Order, Western Union Money Order or PayPal Gift to Family/Friends. There will not be any Shipping Discounts on 60% Off Orders."

I'm pretty sure this is illegal, fair warning to anyone buying.

Granted the chances of the government coming after you for your tmnt purchase is slim to none i'd guess

"12%"
paypal fees are 2.9% + .30 cents.

I have heard nothing but great things about myteefinestuff and have had a few words exchanged with the owner of the site. Besides his universally agreed overpricing, i have nothing negative to say about him.

With that said, the request to dodge paypal fees via gift payment is -always- shady practice no matter who the seller is. you forfeit any and all protection by doing so. If for any reason he decides to not ship items or vanish or your order gets messed up there is absolutely NOTHING you can do, your money is gone.

Also again, I think this is technically illegal.

go_ninja84
09-02-2016, 10:30 AM
So does anyone know if the actual prices shown on the website are the price after 60% is taken off? The prices look pretty high for the TMNT figures still, which makes me wonder if the listings are still showing the full price.
i sent him a message yesterday asking that cause im interested in his CF 10 back Raphael MOC i have yet to hear back

MrPliggins
09-03-2016, 08:55 AM
I never understood why sellers make such a big stink out of 3% fees! Nickel and diming is one of my biggest pet peeves. Ebay fees are 10%. Paypal alone fees are a 7% discount. Also it's just bad business to deny your buyers any sort of protection. The seller does seem legit and nice from the comments in this thread, but I can't help but view sellers asking for this type of payment with at least a hint of negativity.

EddieNES
09-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Where do we go for fresh decals now?
I'll be so lost when it shuts down.

kizer17
09-03-2016, 06:20 PM
There are many figures/vehicles from the old toon series I missed. Mytee has some of them. Prices still are high though. They seem to be inflated on ebay too. I mean people are asking 1 grand for Scratch. That seems ridiculous to me. I assume this is because of the 2012 TMNT series and two movies. It would be nice if it reverted back to cheaper prices after turtle madness slows down again sometime but I am not confident.

DVD
09-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Happy camper here.
I found the two Cave Turtle sets I needed.
Did all the stuff.
Tom got back to me with the final quote inc postage to China. Only then did I realize this wasn't a 60% sale as I foolishly misread, it's a 60% off sale, as I'm sure everybody above the age of 4 noticed!!!

Dragnskull
09-04-2016, 06:26 AM
There are many figures/vehicles from the old toon series I missed. Mytee has some of them. Prices still are high though. They seem to be inflated on ebay too. I mean people are asking 1 grand for Scratch. That seems ridiculous to me. I assume this is because of the 2012 TMNT series and two movies. It would be nice if it reverted back to cheaper prices after turtle madness slows down again sometime but I am not confident.

supply and demand =/= inflation

yes prices for just about everything TMNT have become highly volatile since their resurgence in popularity.

scratch is one of the holy grails for tmnt collectors, there's no reason to be surprised its price skyrockets when they become popular again.

I got the sideshow statues for under 300 each when the first ones released. They spiked to 2-3k each when the first movie came out and the nick toon first started. Demand was high with supply low. Now theres like 10 sets of statues to pick from and the prices have started calming back down. Supply high.

For the record, I agree that prices have gone nuts and I have bought little to nothing since its happened, luckily I have most everything I want as it is, but to say any of the pricing are inflated or ridiculous is just ignoring basic economics. Wrong mindset to have in these sorts of situations

kizer17
09-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. Scratch supply is low and demand is I guess higher. Even so, people can still ask for too much like 1 grand the first time (secretly getting ripped off). All it takes is one sucker who ends up buying it at 1 grand and then bam, they are now all selling for 1 grand (due to ebay history). I won't be paying 1 grand for that even though it would be nice to have. I guess with all the scalpers on ebay and such these days and jaked up prices I have developed an irritation. I guess I missed the band wagon when the figures used to not be so costly. People have made it costly though, by willingly paying jaked up prices to begin with. And then, there is history of it being sold for higher dollar and then it stays that way. I am glad I don't collect Star Wars.

Freeman
09-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Just did my order.
Despite some items beeing overpriced and the unorthodox payment, too many cool thing missing in my collection were in stock.
Could not afford to go all 'gimme that figure berserk mode', but happy with my cart and for helping a fellow turtle fan close a chapter in his life.

MrPliggins
09-10-2016, 11:04 AM
There are multiple cases of Scratch selling at $1k or higher in recent history. That's just FMV. It's not getting ripped off if people are paying it time and again. I don't like it since I sold mine for $250, but hey, no use crying over spilled milk. This is what the market has dictated.

Once everyone willing to pay $1k gets theirs, the price might start to fall. It might be in 2 years. It might be in 50 years. No telling when it'll be, but if there's one thing I've learned with collecting, it's that patience is a virtue.
On the other hand, collectors might start being willing to pay even more. In that case, maybe sometime in the future $1k will look like a steal. Only time will tell.

Once you do get it, you'll look at it. And look at it some more. And maybe display it somewhere. And look at it some more. And then you'll move on to something else. There will always be something else. And there will be some things you'll come to terms with the fact you'll never own simply because you've been priced out of the market.

billbot85
05-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but there's still a good amount of tmnt stuff left on myteefine's website at the same discount if anyone is interested.

I too have had no issues ordering from him in the past, so I might grab a few things off of his website when I have the spare change.

go_ninja84
05-14-2017, 01:44 PM
i have sent Tom 3 messages about a MOC fan club Raphael and he wont reply so im done with that store