PDA

View Full Version : Official Horror Film Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

The Deadman
08-27-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm aware of the few other overall horror threads that were posted a while back, but they've also had no activity for a good while, so that being said....

it's time for a new one! What are some of your favorites? Which ones are the worst ones?

I'll start right off the bat by saying Hide and Seek is f*cking terrible. It's bad enough it was a film designed to get you hooked all the way to the end and then throws a twist for the finale (that didnt really make sense to begin with).
Another bad one is The Ouija Experiment, especially the sequel, dont see those...unless you like to be in for a bad time.

Candy Kappa
08-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Another bad one is The Ouija Experiment, especially the sequel, dont see those...unless you like to be in for a bad time.

They are hilariously bad. :D

I really enjoy bad horror movies. Shark movies are a staple of Bad-Movie-Nights.

The Barrens 2012 (was named Jersey Devil on my Netflix) is pretty good, it balances well between what's real and what is not real through the movie.

The Hatched movies are not good, but pretty fun and inventive on the gore. A bit of low-rent Jason killer that lives in the swamps.

Autbot_Benz
08-27-2016, 12:59 PM
The Only Horror Movies I like are Evil Dead 2 Dead by Dawn and the Halloween Movies.

Krutch
08-27-2016, 01:50 PM
I'm in the midst of writing a horror movie right now so I've been watching a huge string of horror flicks. Just watched Hellraiser last night.

My favourite horror* film is Scream. I know it has its share of problems but there's a real sense of fun included in the carnage.

I'm also a huge pusher for people to watch Beyond the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. If you like the slasher classics like Jason, Freddy, Michael.. check it out. It's amazingly charming.

*As a genre, "Horror" is typically misused to categorize any scary movie. By definition, Horror needs to have a supernatural element in the story to be deemed Horror. If it doesn't, such as the case of Scream, it's considered a Thriller.

Spike Spiegel
08-27-2016, 02:51 PM
My favorite horror films are The Fly (1986), Alien, Psycho, Near Dark (1987), John Carpenter's The Thing, and Fright Night (1985).

Have any of you seen "Sleepaway Camp"?

AT-Man
08-27-2016, 11:12 PM
*As a genre, "Horror" is typically misused to categorize any scary movie. By definition, Horror needs to have a supernatural element in the story to be deemed Horror. If it doesn't, such as the case of Scream, it's considered a Thriller.

I find this strange. If it were proven that there are beings in the universe like in The Thing, would that make The Thing a sci-fi/thriller instead of sci-fi/horror?

Krutch
08-28-2016, 01:48 AM
I find this strange. If it were proven that there are beings in the universe like in The Thing, would that make The Thing a sci-fi/thriller instead of sci-fi/horror?You're entering a grey area but I'd suppose it'd be considered Science-Fantasy/Thriller.

blindturtle02
08-28-2016, 08:04 AM
I tend to enjoy horror a lot more than thrillers.My favorite antagonists have to be the cenobites from Hellraiser. They're all business and don't quip like Freddy. I think the only thriller that gets my heart pumping is Saw and the subsequent films. Pitched down or not, Tobin Bell's voice never fails to give me the creeps. I'm still hoping he lends his voice to some ancient Sith Lord in a holocron in one SW thing or another. Other than Jigsaw, thriller baddies just don't do it for me.

Krutch
08-29-2016, 12:45 AM
Just watched this little... well, I was gonna say gem, but its not quite that.

https://s15.postimg.org/g7y2ok50r/valentine_movie_poster_2001_1020211110.jpg

I love late 90s/early 00's slasher flicks, as unremarkable as they might be. Probably due to nostalgia more than anything else: the cast, the clothing, the music(especially in this case (https://www.amazon.ca/Valentine-Various-Artists/dp/B000056K2Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472453085&sr=8-2&keywords=valentine+soundtrack)) all have a way of making some pretty schlocky films quite endearing to me.

Not sure how this one managed to sneak by me for all these years, but I'm happy I saw it. It's no masterpiece and certainly doesn't break any new ground in the genre but it's still a fun little by the numbers slasher flick. Most of the death scenes are pretty uninspired but there's a couple stand outs, too.

And I don't care how many seasons of Bones he has under his belt, I still can't see David Boreanaz as anything but Angel.

All in all, a fun little flick. There's worse ways to burn 90 minutes.

Wesley
08-29-2016, 09:05 AM
I'm not a big fan of horror films, but I like a lot of them, mostly slashers from the late 90s onwards. My favourites are Scream, I Know What You Did That Summer, Wrong Turn, 28 Days Later, House on Haunted Hill (1999), Cabin in the Woods, Ghost Ship, and Tucker and Dale versus Evil. Ones I don't like are Urban Legend, The Final Girls, Small Town Folk and Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (remake).

The Deadman
08-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Just watched this little... well, I was gonna say gem, but its not quite that.

https://s15.postimg.org/g7y2ok50r/valentine_movie_poster_2001_1020211110.jpg

I love late 90s/early 00's slasher flicks, as unremarkable as they might be. Probably due to nostalgia more than anything else: the cast, the clothing, the music(especially in this case (https://www.amazon.ca/Valentine-Various-Artists/dp/B000056K2Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472453085&sr=8-2&keywords=valentine+soundtrack)) all have a way of making some pretty schlocky films quite endearing to me.

Not sure how this one managed to sneak by me for all these years, but I'm happy I saw it. It's no masterpiece and certainly doesn't break any new ground in the genre but it's still a fun little by the numbers slasher flick. Most of the death scenes are pretty uninspired but there's a couple stand outs, too.

And I don't care how many seasons of Bones he has under his belt, I still can't see David Boreanaz as anything but Angel.

All in all, a fun little flick. There's worse ways to burn 90 minutes.

I've seen this one...wasnt really a fan.

Powder
08-29-2016, 12:06 PM
I mostly gravitate towards Troma & Japanese horror. Rubber creatures, gore, exploitation, they're my thing. :trazz:

AT-Man
08-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Rubber creatures, gore, exploitation, they're my thing. :trazz:

Have you seen Killer Condom? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116791/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Krutch
08-30-2016, 01:04 AM
I've seen this one...wasnt really a fan.

Yeah, like I said, there's nothing special about it. But I enjoy it for what it is. Or maybe since I watched it immediately after Slumber Party Massacre, which didn't really do much for me.

Spike Spiegel
08-30-2016, 06:03 AM
Yeah, like I said, there's nothing special about it. But I enjoy it for what it is. Or maybe since I watched it immediately after Slumber Party Massacre, which didn't really do much for me.

I saw Slumber Party Massacre a few months ago. It had some unique characters, but the overall story has been done better by other films.

The Deadman
08-30-2016, 11:33 AM
O7a-hmoh6Jw

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
08-30-2016, 05:55 PM
My favorite horror films are

1. Psycho
2. Jaws
3. Halloween (original)
4. Misery
5. The Others

I think The Others is a really underappreciated film. Highly atmospheric.

LeotheLateBloomer
08-31-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to think of some horror films but one I felt that was categorized as horror but I felt wasn't was Stephen King's Cat's Eye. I don't know if it was meant to be scary but truthfully it didn't know what it wanted to be.

Actually I did enjoy The Skeleton Key with Kate Hudson but that was probably more thriller than scary. I hated the ending though.

cowabunga14
09-02-2016, 01:08 AM
I like psychological horror such as Session 9 and Uzumaki, but I also enjoy the occasional giallo or zombie movie. It doesn't matter to me whether a horror film is cheesy or serious -- as long as keeps me engaged, then I'm able to enjoy it. I like directors such as David Cronenberg, Dario Argento, and John Carpenter. At the moment, I have taken an interest in grey market releases of movies that have either gone of out print or did not have a proper DVD release in the US. I thought I'd give a site called Twistedanger a try, so I ordered a movie from 1988 called The Brain, which basically is about a giant brain-like creature that goes around eating people. James Rolfe has talked about the movie before on Cinemassacre and he noticed the creature's similarities to Krang from the '80s cartoon, so that was a nice little tidbit. The movie is coming from the UK and I ordered it about a week ago, so even though it'll take a while to get here, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Allio
09-02-2016, 02:12 AM
For horror tv show, try either Slasher or Darknet

Nortock Diab
09-02-2016, 03:38 AM
I mostly gravitate towards Troma & Japanese horror. Rubber creatures, gore, exploitation, they're my thing. :trazz:

Any good ones to advise?
I am looking for a horror in this vein for Saturday night.

Powder
09-02-2016, 04:25 AM
Well some Troma favorites are Toxic Avenger 4 & Terror Firmer, as far as the Japanese ones go I'd suggest Tokyo Gore Police, Mutant Girls Squad, Robo Geisha, Aliens Vs. Ninjas, & Frankenstein Girl Vs. Vampire Girl for starters. They're all pretty goofy, but heavy on the gore, fun, & suggestive imagery. Dead Alive is great for satisfying this kinda need, too. If you just want straight up violence, with less traditional horror, go with Ichi The Killer.

The Gate is an unrelated film that I'd highly recommend to any horror fan, if only for it's effects. Lots of stopmotion & stuff.

Nortock Diab
09-02-2016, 04:54 AM
Thanks.

And what about Japanese movies with the same feel as Ring, Grudge, Dark Water... ?

Powder
09-02-2016, 05:03 AM
Someone else would have to answer that. I stick with gore for the most part. I'm not well versed in the more dramatic kind of films they produce there.

TMNT_Guy
09-02-2016, 08:56 AM
I'm not really intro horror movies. My main problem with them is that most of them usually try to disturb, scare or just, well, horrify you instead of simply telling a good story with horrifying elements. It also doesn't help that when I was a kid horror films utterly terrified me...and my Mom and sister couldn't get enough of them. Whenever we'd go to the video rental store I'd always say something like "Can we get the Lion King?" My Mom and sister would just stare at each other for a brief second before saying something like "Let's get Child's Play instead.". So that was always my family movie night, watching something that would give me nightmares and make me terrified and/or paranoid. To top it all off, my Mom would send us to bed RIGHT after watching whatever new or old terror I had been exposed to...with the lights off. I couldn't even just go off and play by myself because during my young days all my toys were kept in the same room as the TV. So my only option was to watch something that I'd regret or go into another room all by myself with nothing to do. Always hated when we would rent a movie, only consolation was that I got to rent a video game...which I couldn't play until the next day because of the movie.

However, I really like older horror movies like the Universal Monsters films like Dracula, etc. The Bride of Frankenstein is probably my favorite horror movie. The most "modern" horror series that I often think about is the Evil Dead series. Just something about them has never left me. Maybe it's seeing Ash's character progress through the trilogy, maybe it's because Army of Darkness is a lot of fun to watch. Or maybe it's because, I kid you not, I got so scared during a jump scare in the first one that I had an out of body experience. But for whatever reason I often think about watching them again, I've still not seen all of Evil Dead 2 because I closed my eyes and covered my ears through most of it. Hey, I wasn't even in the third grade yet, give me a break!

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
09-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Thanks.

And what about Japanese movies with the same feel as Ring, Grudge, Dark Water... ?

If you wanna see the most messed up Japanese horror film you will ever see you should check out Audition. I warn you though. It is NOT for the faint of heart. It's a Takashi Miike film. He also made Ichi The Killer and 13 Assassins. 13 Assassins is one of the greatest movies ever if you've never seen it. It's on Netflix. Not horror but a GREAT Samurai movie.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
09-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Well some Troma favorites are Toxic Avenger 4 & Terror Firmer, as far as the Japanese ones go I'd suggest Tokyo Gore Police, Mutant Girls Squad, Robo Geisha, Aliens Vs. Ninjas, & Frankenstein Girl Vs. Vampire Girl for starters. They're all pretty goofy, but heavy on the gore, fun, & suggestive imagery. Dead Alive is great for satisfying this kinda need, too. If you just want straight up violence, with less traditional horror, go with Ichi The Killer.

The Gate is an unrelated film that I'd highly recommend to any horror fan, if only for it's effects. Lots of stopmotion & stuff.

Tokyo Gore Police is inSANE dude! I was just telling someone about that movie the other day.

Powder
09-02-2016, 11:08 PM
13 Assassins might be the best samurai movie ever. :tlol: As you said, it's totally not horror, but there are some similarly disturbing elements, & plenty of violence.

Wildcat
09-02-2016, 11:45 PM
I see Child's Play was mentioned. The 7th Chucky movie is supposedly coming next year. So I'm personally excited for that.

I know these topics get made every year but other than listing some of my favorites, which I've done before, I don't know what else to add.

Spike Spiegel
09-03-2016, 07:00 AM
I see Child's Play was mentioned. The 7th Chucky movie is supposedly coming next year. So I'm personally excited for that.

The most recent film, Curse of Chucky, was very good and had a bit of novelty to it. I hope this next one is a direct sequel.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
09-03-2016, 07:29 AM
13 Assassins might be the best samurai movie ever. :tlol: As you said, it's totally not horror, but there are some similarly disturbing elements, & plenty of violence.

Yeah it would pretty much make Tarantino blush. LOL!

Allio
09-03-2016, 11:46 AM
I was reading the comicbook Tomboy and saw that "Action Labs" was doing Puppet Master comics, so what are the opinions on Puppet Master?

Krutch
09-03-2016, 03:10 PM
The Gate is an unrelated film that I'd highly recommend to any horror fan, if only for it's effects. Lots of stopmotion & stuff.Aw, dude. Great flick. Chopping Mall is another good one.

But for whatever reason I often think about watching them again, I've still not seen all of Evil Dead 2 because I closed my eyes and covered my ears through most of it. Hey, I wasn't even in the third grade yet, give me a break!You should check out the Evil Dead remake that came out a few years ago. It's the only remake I can think of that I actively did not want to happen, but ended up loving it after seeing it.

The Deadman
09-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Full Length ‘Death House’ Trailer Descends Into Chaos (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3405285/full-length-death-house-trailer-descends-chaos-exclusive/)

Krutch
09-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Full Length ‘Death House’ Trailer Descends Into Chaos (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3405285/full-length-death-house-trailer-descends-chaos-exclusive/)Ehhhhh...not my bag.

Wildcat
09-03-2016, 10:15 PM
The most recent film, Curse of Chucky, was very good and had a bit of novelty to it. I hope this next one is a direct sequel.Ya I love the Chucky movies. It is going to be a sequel.

No solid info yet but it's supposed to clear up the ending of Curse. That's all that's been said. Nica, the girl in the wheelchair is supposed to return too.

sdp
09-03-2016, 10:25 PM
I try to watch at least one horror movie in October, I think I'll watch the Friday the 13th remake. I've always liked Jason but as an adult I find it hard to watch any of his movies but this remake from what I read kind of takes the first 3 movies stories and combines them into one film so that might be the way to go.

Krutch
09-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Just watched Kobolos
http://1.fwcdn.pl/po/20/88/102088/6963216.3.jpg
Found it on YouTube and was going to let it play in the background but I got sucked in. For a budget movie it holds a great atmosphere and has some great gore effects.

The Deadman
09-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Not much of a teaser but uhhh yeah

zTlwd6uqdJs

cowabunga14
09-15-2016, 11:59 PM
Watched Syngenor the other day

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/TMNTguy/syngenorsouthgatevhsfront_zpseu1prqm2.jpg

Not a bad creature feature and I enjoyed David Gale's character. You should be able to pick up the Synapse release on the cheap if this one tickles your fancy.

The Deadman
09-20-2016, 12:04 PM
‘Puppet Master: Axis Termination’ Pays Homage to ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors’ (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3407283/puppet-master-axis-termination-pays-homage-nightmare-elm-street-dream-warriors/)

The Deadman
10-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Not sure I'm going to be interested in AMC's Fearfest this year...half of it is dominated by Walking Dead marathons and I simply do not give a damn about Walking Dead.

The Deadman
10-13-2016, 05:02 PM
2IoeDVMK6_A

AT-Man
10-14-2016, 04:11 AM
It's a private video.

Allio
10-14-2016, 01:53 PM
I always wanted to write a horror/slasher/thriller story with a yandere flare.

The Deadman
10-25-2016, 06:34 AM
ycVyPvlsFI0

Gvrm27-gYh4

myconius
10-25-2016, 07:40 AM
most of my favorite movies are Horror movies. :)

American Werewolf in London, John Carpenter's The Thing, Evil Dead II, The Exorcist, Alien, . . .

i even classify the original Terminator as Sci-Fi/Horror.

my ALL-TIME favorite Horror movies are the classic George Romero 'Living Dead' movies. (minus 'Diary' and 'Survival')

NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD (1968 )

pElSu_ECJGM

DAWN of the DEAD (1978 )

FlQ_DgOPrBg

DAY of the DEAD (1985)

5g9XorBCikM

NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD (1990)

r0r7L8tS2L0

LAND of the DEAD (2005)

WadsZK_sQKc

RETURN of the LIVING DEAD is definitely among the favorites as well!

:)

The Deadman
11-08-2016, 10:16 AM
DjqLwKVawLE

The Deadman
11-15-2016, 12:42 PM
There’s a ‘Don’t Breathe’ Sequel in the Works
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3414469/dont-breathe-sequel-works/

THGhost
11-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Words cannot describe how great "The Final Girls" is. If you're a fan of slasher flicks and meta humour, definitely give it a watch.

Wildcat
11-17-2016, 09:59 PM
Didn't realize they were still making Puppet Masters.

I wish they make a Chucky vs Puppet Master crossover. I know they did one with Demonic Toys. From what I remember it was pretty good.

Wesley
11-18-2016, 11:03 AM
Words cannot describe how great "The Final Girls" is. If you're a fan of slasher flicks and meta humour, definitely give it a watch.

I watched it recently and it didn't appeal to me, to be honest. I'd recommend watching Jennifer's Body. It's not one of the best horror films out there, but I found it to be a fun black comedy. One of the things I liked about was the frenemies concept.

THGhost
11-20-2016, 04:44 PM
I watched it recently and it didn't appeal to me, to be honest. I'd recommend watching Jennifer's Body. It's not one of the best horror films out there, but I found it to be a fun black comedy. One of the things I liked about was the frenemies concept.

Not a fan of the slasher/meta humour combo, eh? :P

Oddly enough, Jennifer's Body didn't really appeal to me. :lol: Tried too hard to be both funny and scary and didn't really succeed at either.

Wesley
11-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Not a fan of the slasher/meta humour combo, eh? :P

Oddly enough, Jennifer's Body didn't really appeal to me. :lol: Tried too hard to be both funny and scary and didn't really succeed at either.

Nope, I didn't get the humour in The Final Girls at all. The Cabin in the Woods appealed to me more.

I agree that Jennifer's Body tried too hard to be both funny and scary. It suffered from an identity crisis and being too long with a few boring scenes every now and then, but I still found the film fun to watch.

THGhost
11-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Nope, I didn't get the humour in The Final Girls at all. The Cabin in the Woods appealed to me more.

Hmmm. If you get the humour in The Cabin in the Woods, you should understand the humour in The Final Girls perfectly fine. Oh well. http://rumsoakedfist.org/images/smilies/shrug_n.gif
The Cabin in the Woods is fantastic though, I love that movie so much.

What did y'all think of Don't Breathe? I haven't watched it yet but I'm going to soon. Heard some good buzz for it.

Wesley
11-22-2016, 11:30 AM
I never heard of Don't Breathe, but I'll check it out sometime. Cabin in the Woods was great alright. My most recent favourite horror film is Tucker and Dale versus Evil.

THGhost
11-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Whatever you do, don't watch the trailer. It shows way too much.

Haha, love Tucker and Dale. The part with the bees and chainsaw gets me every time. :lol:

EDIT: Just watched Don't Breathe. Really enjoyed it, very tense, fun thriller with good performances. Jane Levy is very good in it.

Two big problems with it though:

1. The dog that the blind man owns doesn't wake up despite all the noise going on around it. It doesn't wake up until much later. If it had woken up earlier the burglars would have been screwed. I was starting to think that the dog was deaf. :P

2. The burglars don't decide to attack the blind man early on, only after they discover that he can fight back and kill one of them. :roll:

The Deadman
12-01-2016, 12:30 PM
KgiEeOEA16w

Krutch
12-01-2016, 12:36 PM
qZNfwayNLL0

The Deadman
12-13-2016, 11:46 AM
‘Amityville: The Awakening’ Cursed: Sequel Delayed Again?
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3417360/amityville-awakening-cursed-sequel-delayed/

Bruce Campbell Says “Ash vs Evil Dead” and ‘Evil Dead’ Remake Could Still Cross Over
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3417581/bruce-campbell-says-ash-vs-evil-dead-evil-dead-remake-still-cross/

The Deadman
01-04-2017, 01:09 PM
2udBjcG1Zd8

'Slender Man' Finds it's Director (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3420057/love-screen-gems-chose-direct-slender-man/)

The Deadman
01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
The Third ‘Jeepers Creepers’ is Currently in Pre-production (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3420784/third-jeepers-creepers-currently-pre-production-exclusive/)

‘Cult of Chucky’: The Next ‘Child’s Play’ Begins Filming (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3420107/new-childs-play-title-cult-of-chucky-teaser-trailer/)

The Deadman
02-02-2017, 08:06 PM
‘Conjuring’ Spinoff,’ The Nun’, Has Found its Director! (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3423453/conjuring-spinoff-nun-found-director/)

Krutch
02-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Friday the 13th remake cancelled 6 weeks from shooting :roll:

C'mon... Get it together, Paramount. It's really not that hard to make a slasher.

The Deadman
02-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Danny McBride and David Gordon Green to Script New Halloween Movie (http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/812927-danny-mcbride-and-david-gordon-green-to-script-new-halloween-movie)

We Will Meet Sally and Franklin’s Father in ‘Leatherface’ (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3423936/exclusive-will-meet-sally-franklins-father-leatherface/)

Paramount Exploring the Horrors of Dating Apps With ‘Gasp’ (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3423981/paramount-exploring-horrors-dating-apps-gasp/)

The Deadman
02-17-2017, 03:49 PM
4th Purge movie to arrive in 2018 (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3424960/will-purge-2018/)

‘Conjuring’ Spinoff ‘The Nun’ Gets a Friday the 13th Release! (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3424930/conjuring-spinoff-the-nun-arriving-2018/)

The Deadman
02-21-2017, 03:31 PM
The 5 Most Insane ‘Freddy vs. Jason’ Ideas That Never Came To Be (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3425524/5-insane-freddy-vs-jason-ideas-never-came/)

Andrew NDB
02-21-2017, 03:35 PM
‘Conjuring’ Spinoff ‘The Nun’ Gets a Friday the 13th Release! (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3424930/conjuring-spinoff-the-nun-arriving-2018/)

I haven't seen any Conjuring movies but I watched Annabelle and it was probably the most insultingly terrible, cheap PG-13 "horror" movie I've ever seen. Not remotely scary or creepy and the ending was unintentionally hysterical.

The Deadman
02-22-2017, 05:49 PM
You should probably watch both Conjuring movies then cause they're pretty creepy

Full ‘Jeepers Creepers 3’ Cast Includes Adrienne Barbeau! (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3425680/full-jeepers-creepers-3-cast-includes-adrienne-barbeau/)

The Deadman
03-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Horror Film set in Wizard of Oz universe in development
(http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/821235-horror-wizard-of-oz)

Krutch
03-13-2017, 03:39 PM
The guys who made Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon have started an IndieGoGo Campaign (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/before-the-mask-the-return-of-leslie-vernon-comic-comics#/) for a comic book in hopes to jumpstart funding for a sequel to the cult slasher flick.

I'm a massive fan of the movie, so I gave the full $500 donation, which also means a character with my name and likeness will be in the comic if it reaches it's goal.

Fingers crossed. Last time they attempted a Kickstarter for the sequel it seriously underperformed...

The Deadman
03-29-2017, 11:20 AM
FnCdOQsX5kc

Allio
03-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Watched the 1931 Frankenstein film. Aside from a couple of plot stuff, I really enjoyed.

Bride of Frakenstein not nearly good. Took 40 minutes to be good, by that point I didn't care.

Son of Frankenstein is a much better fit to a sequel.

The Deadman
04-01-2017, 09:48 PM
KisPhy7T__Q

The Deadman
04-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Andrew Divoff Wants to Return for ‘Wishmaster 5’
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3431389/andrew-divoff-wants-return-wishmaster-5/

If anyone had a lick of sense, they'd make another. The first 2 were classics in comparison to the ones that followed.

The Deadman
04-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Insidious: Chapter 4 Release Date Changes, Half to Death Takes Its Place
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839993-insidious-chapter-4-release-date-changes-half-to-death-takes-its-place#rWptob0pF0Hw9LPr.99

UGH

Krutch
05-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Just watched the 2016 "The Void."

It wasn't good.

THGhost
05-04-2017, 07:47 AM
I thought The Void was pretty good. :P

Do we really need another Annabelle movie? :roll:

AT-Man
05-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Do we really need another Annabelle movie? :roll:

Do movie studios love easy money?

Krutch
05-04-2017, 12:10 PM
I thought The Void was pretty good. :P

Haha to each their own I guess. I liked the first ten minutes then it just went right off the rails for me.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-04-2017, 12:13 PM
What do people here think of the Conjuring movies?

The Deadman
05-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Some of the best horror movies in quite some time.

THGhost
05-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Love both of them, didn't like Annabelle all that much. I really hope that supposed lawsuit with the Conjuring movies gets sorted out.

The Deadman
05-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Prequel ‘Leatherface’ is Finally Coming in October!
(http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3437209/prequel-leatherface-finally-coming-october/)
Danny McBride Says ‘Halloween’ Reboot Will Make Michael Myers Scary Again (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3437204/danny-mcbride-says-halloween-reboot-will-make-michael-myers-scary/)

Resident Evil is getting a remake (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3438401/suspected-theyre-going-remake-resident-evil/)

The Deadman
06-06-2017, 11:39 AM
‘Jeepers Creepers 3’ is a Direct Sequel to Original Film
http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3440314/jeepers-creepers-3-is-a-direct-sequel-to-original-film-exclusive/

Here’s the Possible New ‘Saw: Legacy’ Title
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3440482/heres-possible-new-saw-legacy-title/

Allio
06-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Been watching "Wrong Turn" films. just finished movie 4. Cheesy hillbilly fun.

Gonna pick up Hatchet trilogy. Gonna study Micheal, Jason and Victor so that my slasher novel is just right. Thinking of a killer named Jeremiah.

The Deadman
06-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Been watching "Wrong Turn" films. just finished movie 4. Cheesy hillbilly fun.

Gonna pick up Hatchet trilogy. Gonna study Micheal, Jason and Victor so that my slasher novel is just right. Thinking of a killer named Jeremiah.

Hatchet is terrible.

Ninjinister
06-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Just saw Sinister 2. While I didn't feel it was as good as the first, I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Certainly didn't think it should have gotten the steamroll'd negative reaction it seemed to have been subject to.

Allio
06-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Hatchet is terrible.

it's a slasher flick. They aren't particularly good to begin with.

AT-Man
06-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Hatchet movies are pretty fun.

Krutch
06-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Gonna study Micheal, Jason and Victor so that my slasher novel is just right. Thinking of a killer named Jeremiah.

Don't forget Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon.

And, of course, the Scream movies.

The Deadman
06-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Spinoff ‘The Crooked Man’ Officially Confirmed; Writer Comes Aboard (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3441925/spinoff-crooked-man-officially-confirmed-writer-comes-aboard/)

The Deadman
06-21-2017, 06:41 PM
New Saw Movie Retitled Jigsaw, Logo Revealed
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/860857-new-saw-movie-retitled-jigsaw-logo-revealed#tBHVphV8HzFtUjil.99

The Deadman
06-29-2017, 10:41 AM
7BMd1uF8ZOI

All of my yes

LeotheLateBloomer
06-29-2017, 12:11 PM
Are the Human Centipede films worth watching? I heard they are more so disturbing and too gross for anyone to watch.

Krutch
06-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Are the Human Centipede films worth watching? I heard they are more so disturbing and too gross for anyone to watch.I only saw the first one. I watched it alone, (which was my mistake) and thought it was boring as hell. Maybe with the right crowd you can have an enjoyable commentary on it but as a single-viewing experience I thought it was boring.

AT-Man
06-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Are the Human Centipede films worth watching? I heard they are more so disturbing and too gross for anyone to watch.

I'm gonna say yes. Haven't seen the third one yet, but the first two are a-ok.

sdp
06-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Odd how Chucky was able to survive where Jason and freddy couldn't. Instead of these expensive reboot to an audience that doesn't care they should go the DTV route, they are icons with huge fanbases, they just aren't the mainstream movie goers. Their time has passed but that doesn't mean those IPs aren't worth money.

Give some directors a low budget and have them make awesome Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street sequels like with Chucky. The fans will get what they want and the franchises will stay relevant on halloween for licensing products.

DestronMirage22
06-29-2017, 11:25 PM

They're mostly dumb. And not all that scary. I mean, it's kind of hard to be scared of (light-spoilers kinda) people being stitched together ass to mouth. The concept is incredibly ridiculous.
These films are recognized more for being incredibly disgusting than for being scary.
I recommend you stay away from them. Trust me.

Allio
06-30-2017, 11:58 PM
Saw the movie "the good neighbor" yesterday. I feel like that movie is what "don't breath" should have been

Wildcat
07-01-2017, 12:59 AM
So excited for Cult of Chucky. It looks better than I was thinking. Chucky himself looks awesome too. Best design since part 3 imo. The scars were cool but only a couple times. So glad they've finally gone back to a normal looking doll.

You can briefly see Chucky's hand over the other doll as it's face changes so he must transfer himself to the new one.

I just hope that end-credits scene from Curse is not the ending to this. Some people kept arguing it was undoubtedly the end of the series and Chucky could never comeback...he's come back from outrageous deaths multiple times!

I don't think it will be since he should have a new body and It seems Andy has a bigger roll in this. I hope it takes place AFTER that end-credits scene.

The Deadman
07-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Cult is taking place after Curse because the girl from that film is in this one in an asylum

AbhOWHvrnto

Wildcat
07-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Cult is taking place after Curse because the girl from that film is in this one in an asylumYa I know.

Actually the guy in the trailer (not the doctor or Andy) is the police officer who got killed at the end of Curse. So there's been a lot of speculation on exactly when it picks up.

The Deadman
07-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Ya I know.

Actually the guy in the trailer (not the doctor or Andy) is the police officer who got killed at the end of Curse. So there's been a lot of speculation on exactly when it picks up.

And that scene was remade from the beginning of Bride of Chucky except the actor was different. The timeline is all kinds of confusing

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3444878/complete-timeline-childs-play-franchise/

vPP6aIw1vgY

The Deadman
07-27-2017, 11:31 AM
xKJmEC5ieOk

The Deadman
08-01-2017, 12:51 PM
x5wus2evKG4

The Deadman
08-19-2017, 01:05 PM
New Line Cinema’s Conjuring Universe Surpasses $1 Billion
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/880821-conjuring-universe#tApTO92CCivgEZlQ.99

newfan
08-19-2017, 03:23 PM
I liked the Insidious movies, I tend to prefer ghostly/Supernatural to gory. Horrors are always better when watched in the theaters too. (okay all movies are, but I mean the creepy factor is more effective)

The Deadman
09-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Speaking of Insidious....

Insidious Chapter 4's title is The Last Key and a trailer is coming soon (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3456938/insidious-4-title-revealed-ahead-first-trailer/)

Shark_Blade
09-04-2017, 06:26 PM
So I watched Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th 1-3 + the Michael Bay remake with Jared Padalecki and that lab chick from The Flash tv series (this remake movie is really vulgar and obscene tbh) and I came to the conclusion....

That was what people were crazy about? Some laughably bad cheesy cringy "horror" movies with tissue thin plot and cheap scares? It wasn't even scary! :roll:

Thankfully I finished it off with Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 & 2. That's a bit better than Jason and Freddie.

Allio
09-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Freddy and Jason not so much, they quickly became more of a joke, in fact you can tell that especially with the later Jason films as they get more and more ridulous. They just become the funny, campy slasher flicks people lover to laugh at. People enjoy them for the cliche, such as the dumb blonde trips and falls.

Also you really needed to watch the original Halloween, not the ****** remake. It represented the "shadowed figure" that follows you in the alleyway.

The Deadman
09-04-2017, 07:19 PM
The first 3 Nightmare on Elm Street films were amazing

Shark_Blade
09-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Freddy and Jason not so much, they quickly became more of a joke, in fact you can tell that especially with the later Jason films as they get more and more ridulous. They just become the funny, campy slasher flicks people lover to laugh at. People enjoy them for the cliche, such as the dumb blonde trips and falls.

Also you really needed to watch the original Halloween, not the ****** remake. It represented the "shadowed figure" that follows you in the alleyway.
I think I read somewhere that Friday the 13th was based on Halloween or something. Cheers, I look forward to watch Halloween now! :D
The first 3 Nightmare on Elm Street films were amazing
The blood raining room is so cringy on the first film, I can tell it's just an upside down room. But that's how old school Hollywood roll.

I like young Johnny Depp but he's so stupid. You had one job Depp, NOT TO SLEEP. But what did you do? You slept - not once, but TWICE! *epic facepalm* The girl was counting on him but he blew it. :trolleye: I don't even feel sorry when he got killed, more like "what a dumbass". :tlol:

Allio
09-04-2017, 08:21 PM
I think I read somewhere that Friday the 13th was based on Halloween or something. Cheers, I look forward to watch Halloween now! :D

not really, though Jason's design is based on "The Town that dreaded sundown" killer

http://popcornhorror.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/The-Town-that-Dreaded-Sundown.jpg

Though that one is a dramentary of the same events in in Texarkana.

They came out with a "reboot/remake" of the film though in this one it is set in real life as it actually deals with some copycat killer reinacting the killings from the film. The movie itself actually deals with some of the inaccuracies of the case that was portrayed in the original movie. It is actually an interesting deconstruction of the original film.

Krutch
09-05-2017, 05:29 AM
That was what people were crazy about? Some laughably bad cheesy cringy "horror" movies with tissue thin plot and cheap scares? It wasn't even scary! :roll:
I think the first Friday has a few decent scares left in it... But as a whole, yeah, most people just went to root for Jason and Freddy and see some creative kills. I don't think the scare factor was ever the appeal beyond the first couple entries, max.

The Deadman
09-05-2017, 08:17 AM
Insidious: The Last Key - Official Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQyrwQyCOk&t=5s)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

The Deadman
09-07-2017, 07:29 PM
eAqIxeQTyO0

newfan
09-08-2017, 05:36 AM
A few new previews on here.
I'll likely see Insidious at the theatre. (though it isn't out yet)
I'm curious about IT though I don't remember the original all that well, the kids were adults in that with flashbacks, this looks like the story from the flashback whilst they were kids... though it will be done in it's own way.
Jeepers Creepers.. hmm, I may catch that one when it comes on sky.

The Deadman
09-08-2017, 08:22 AM
47 Meters Down Sequel in the Works, Director Returning
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/886095-47-meters-down-sequel-in-the-works-director-returning#QlKofm3TurEjaQp2.99

DWC
09-11-2017, 01:34 PM
So excited for Cult of Chucky. It looks better than I was thinking. Chucky himself looks awesome too. Best design since part 3 imo. The scars were cool but only a couple times. So glad they've finally gone back to a normal looking doll.

You can briefly see Chucky's hand over the other doll as it's face changes so he must transfer himself to the new one.

I just hope that end-credits scene from Curse is not the ending to this. Some people kept arguing it was undoubtedly the end of the series and Chucky could never comeback...he's come back from outrageous deaths multiple times!

I don't think it will be since he should have a new body and It seems Andy has a bigger roll in this. I hope it takes place AFTER that end-credits scene.

Yea, Cult of Chucky looks great. I'm a Child's Play fan so looking forward to it immensely.

Should be going to see IT this week some time, excited for that as well.

The Deadman
09-11-2017, 02:27 PM
New Details on IT Sequel Revealed, Child Actors to Return
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/886707-new-details-on-it-sequel-revealed-child-actors-to-return#eeHeweL5X4VlwWTh.99

The Deadman
09-21-2017, 06:00 PM
Amityville: The Awakening Available First on Google Play October 12
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/889539-amityville-the-awakening-available-first-on-google-play-october-12#EDuEJWXDPO7ehjWI.99

Krutch
10-18-2017, 05:04 AM
Saw Happy Death Day last night.

Enjoyed it for what it was. Predictable as hell and there's virtually no on screen violence, but it was a decent time that I don't regret.

Hope that the success it's having resparks the slasher genre at the box office.

The Deadman
10-25-2017, 05:50 PM
The Devil’s Rejects Sequel Next Up for Rob Zombie
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/898183-the-devils-rejects-sequel-next-up-for-rob-zombie#cjjmPIhxrKUmlyXZ.99

PApagreg
10-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Saw Cult of chucky, a bit mean spirited but a pretty good Child's play film

Shark_Blade
10-26-2017, 12:35 AM
Saw Happy Death Day last night.

Enjoyed it for what it was. Predictable as hell and there's virtually no on screen violence, but it was a decent time that I don't regret.

Hope that the success it's having resparks the slasher genre at the box office.

Yeah I enjoyed it as well. Not superb but still passable.

The farting scene though, that was a riot. :tlol:

DarkFell
10-26-2017, 01:26 AM
Finally got around to seeing IT several months ago. I was told by a step-parent to read the book. (And if anyone asks, yes, we've seen the older IT movie as well.)

As far as horror movies are concerned.. the Halloween franchise is still my favorite, and I still enjoy the first movie.

Season of the Witch (also called Halloween 3), ..that movie was just ..off. I mean the first two movies had the same people in it, and both of the same protagonists were trying to survive against Michael Myers.

The third movie was something completely different. A spoiler will be put in place. Read at your own discretion.

From the way I see H3, it isn't the best idea to 'shift gears' from a family that has a psychotic killer that simply hates his family and attempts murder on random family members story-plot, to a creepy old fart mask-maker that 'wants the hills to run red with the blood [of children]' just to satisfy some ancient Celtic tradition of ritual sacrifice type of story-plot.

So yeah.. S.o.t.W - it would have been great if it was just a stand-alone movie without the Halloween name attached to it, even though Cochran's plan to kill millions of people, would take place on Halloween.

However there are a couple of 'easter eggs' in the movie that I did enjoy: the original Halloween theme was used in a few scenes, and unless my memory does deceive me, there was a movie trailer for Halloween I that played on a screen in Halloween 3.

Despite the many deaths of Michael Myers and the fans of the Halloween franchise hopeful of yet another movie.. I still like Halloween.

shuriken
10-26-2017, 01:36 PM
was watching Creepshow and saw about half of it. Gonna finish the other half Friday or Saturday maybe.

newfan
10-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Finally got around to seeing IT several months ago. I was told by a step-parent to read the book. (And if anyone asks, yes, we've seen the older IT movie as well.)

As far as horror movies are concerned.. the Halloween franchise is still my favorite, and I still enjoy the first movie.

Season of the Witch (also called Halloween 3), ..that movie was just ..off. I mean the first two movies had the same people in it, and both of the same protagonists were trying to survive against Michael Myers.

The third movie was something completely different. A spoiler will be put in place. Read at your own discretion.

From the way I see H3, it isn't the best idea to 'shift gears' from a family that has a psychotic killer that simply hates his family and attempts murder on random family members story-plot, to a creepy old fart mask-maker that 'wants the hills to run red with the blood [of children]' just to satisfy some ancient Celtic tradition of ritual sacrifice type of story-plot.

So yeah.. S.o.t.W - it would have been great if it was just a stand-alone movie without the Halloween name attached to it, even though Cochran's plan to kill millions of people, would take place on Halloween.

However there are a couple of 'easter eggs' in the movie that I did enjoy: the original Halloween theme was used in a few scenes, and unless my memory does deceive me, there was a movie trailer for Halloween I that played on a screen in Halloween 3.

Despite the many deaths of Michael Myers and the fans of the Halloween franchise hopeful of yet another movie.. I still like Halloween.

It's been a few years since I last saw 3,4, h20 and Resurrection. I could live without 3, my thought on that is that maybe they were going to do a series of different stories but soon realised that this wasn't going to work, so they went back to Myers. It did take a while for them to explain Myers properly though, was it the 6th movie?, unless I missed that in the earlier movies.

JonesyKitty
10-27-2017, 02:42 AM
I could live without 3, my thought on that is that maybe they were going to do a series of different stories but soon realised that this wasn't going to work, so they went back to Myers.

Spot on. The idea was the first 2 are the story of Michael and starting with 3 they were going to just do different "Halloween" themed movies (as in the holiday and not the actual series). Each one would be a different story revolving around or on the day itself. Kinda like an anthology like Creepshow or Trick R Treat I guess. People hated the 3rd because Michael wasn't in it, and they basically just said "**** it" and brought him back.

Allio
10-27-2017, 05:15 AM
not horror movie in of itself, but I saw Slasher Guilty Party and season 2 was pretty good. I'd say the mystery definitely was better than the first season.

Allio
11-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Saw "House on Willow Street" and for the most part I enjoy IFC Midnight movies, maybe they aren't the strongest but theyalways have ideas that I love.

While the movie follows the typical "kidnappings going horribly wrong" type of story, the rules of the demon are interesting

The demon has to possess four people to win, it takes time for a full on possession and in such cases people can die. People that commit suicide cannot be possessed, before people are fully possessed can commit suicide.
Only way to free the possessed is to burn the host

We learn that in the past some people were possessed before killing a loved one, but it seems before they were taken control they commited suicide. A mother killed her sons and then gourged her own eyes out.

We learn that the main character's parents were killed in a fire by this demon, we don't know who was possessed. The MC's own personal demon was her mother's spirit that was being used by the demon to torment the MC, at the end, the mother demon burned two of the possessed people.

Using this, we can probably assume that the Demon had possessed the mother in the past, whom had committed suicide by fire - thus breaking the possession, even if it were by accident. So while her soul still belonged to the demon itself, she wasn't in his control. She was only able to appear because the MC blamed herself for her death.

It is pretty interesting take.

The Deadman
12-06-2017, 03:36 AM
w9WULv5h0pE

The Deadman
12-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Original Shape Actor Playing Michael Myers in ‘Halloween’ 2018! (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3475714/original-shape-actor-playing-michael-myers-halloween-2018-exclusive/)

newfan
12-20-2017, 02:11 PM
Original Shape Actor Playing Michael Myers in ‘Halloween’ 2018! (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3475714/original-shape-actor-playing-michael-myers-halloween-2018-exclusive/)

I missed that one, is this a new reboot, sequel from the first lot or a 3rd movie in the last reboot?

The Deadman
12-20-2017, 05:38 PM
I missed that one, is this a new reboot, sequel from the first lot or a 3rd movie in the last reboot?

It's apparently a sequel that takes place after the original. Rob Zombie isnt making this one so it's not part of the reboot series.

PApagreg
12-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Its times like these that make me wish John Carpenter went ahead and made the Halloween films an anthology series instead of focusing on Mike Myers

Andrew NDB
12-20-2017, 07:20 PM
It's apparently a sequel that takes place after the original. Rob Zombie isnt making this one so it's not part of the reboot series.

It's got Jamie Lee Curtis also. And ignores both H2 and H20. :lol:

Allio
12-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Saw Cult of chucky, a bit mean spirited but a pretty good Child's play film

I mean it is a slasher flick, kind of part of the charm.

The Deadman
12-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Next ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Film Will Likely Reboot Once Again (http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3476153/next-texas-chainsaw-massacre-film-will-likely-reboot/)

The Deadman
01-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Cgnk3MLw9TM

ySy8mcceTno

Allio
01-03-2018, 07:08 PM
it is weird to see that Creepypastas are making a scene now with the big ones.

Then again I guess they are just the modern urban legends.

Shark_Blade
01-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Watched Insidious: The Last Key.

Pretty great 7.5/10, better than Insidious 2. The main actress is very captivating and entertaining throughout the movie. Can't wait to own all the series on blu ray. <3

newfan
01-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Watched Insidious: The Last Key.

Pretty great 7.5/10, better than Insidious 2. The main actress is very captivating and entertaining throughout the movie. Can't wait to own all the series on blu ray. <3

I was looking forward to this, only to find we aren't getting it till the 12th here but that isn't too far away, so far I've not been disappointed with these.

AT-Man
01-05-2018, 04:08 AM
Truth or Dare seems it could be legitimately creepy, but the weird faces are way too CGI.

Krutch
01-05-2018, 04:33 AM
Truth or Dare seems it could be legitimately creepy, but the weird faces are way too CGI.Right? Like, take the trailer as is and remove the CG from the faces, and what do you lose? Nothing.

Still looks good, though.

Plus, y'know... Violett Beane :tcool:

AT-Man
01-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Right? Like, take the trailer as is and remove the CG from the faces, and what do you lose? Nothing.

Still looks good, though.

Plus, y'know... Violett Beane :tcool:

I do like the idea that their faces turn in to a Joker-like grin, because for some primal reason it's creepy to me. It just should have been executed better.

PApagreg
01-06-2018, 06:50 PM
If anyone here is a fan of Monty Python and Freddy Kruegar check out Funny Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOIdgipHuH0&t=

The Deadman
01-09-2018, 10:45 AM
6T4oDRP69Xo

This very well may be my favorite horror film of the year.

newfan
01-09-2018, 10:47 AM
6T4oDRP69Xo

Oh, Pin head's coming back, will this be the 4th?

Edit: Just watched it, l forgot how gross it was :)

Andrew NDB
01-09-2018, 10:51 AM
6T4oDRP69Xo

No way. FAKE Pinhead with cheap DTV production values, made just so Dimension can maintain the rights again? Sad!

Krutch
01-11-2018, 11:10 AM
I just watched The Roomate (2011) on Netflix.

It was awful.

The Deadman
01-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Blumhouse Moves ‘Truth or Dare’ to Appropriate Friday the 13th Date
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3478130/blumhouse-moves-truth-dare-appropriate-friday-13th-date/

The Deadman
01-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Jessica Rothe Talks Potential ‘Back to the Future’-esque ‘Happy Death Day’ Sequel
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3479608/jessica-rothe-talks-potential-back-future-esque-happy-death-day-sequel/

[Rumor] Rob Zombie’s ‘The Devil’s Rejects’ Sequel to Shoot This March?
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3479495/rumor-rob-zombies-devils-rejects-sequel-shoot-march/

The Deadman
02-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Don Mancini and David Kirschner Developing “Child’s Play” Television Series!
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3482429/don-mancini-developing-childs-play-television-series-exclusive/

If they go on the right network, I feel like this will be amazing.

Shark_Blade
02-10-2018, 05:41 AM
Watching "The Ritual" on Netflix. From Twitter feedback, people are loving it.

The Deadman
02-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Bruce Campbell Says Another Movie is Possible if “Ash vs. Evil Dead” Gets Cancelled
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3485815/bruce-campbell-says-another-movie-possible-ash-vs-evil-dead-gets-cancelled/

Vegita-San
02-27-2018, 12:23 PM
I actually want a pet semetary 2 officially done by stephen king.
there has to be more story there.

we assume louis died. but that still leaves zombie rachel running about.
We also have Ellie. who most likely would have been committed by her grandparents thanks to all these crazy dreams she's been given by either the spirit of the grave yard or pascow.

It could be interesting to see it from the spirit side of things this time around. as they and Ellie try to put a stop to whatever causes the zombie effect to happen so no family is ever ruined by it again.

that movie scared the hell out of me as a kid, and it scares me in different ways as I get older and gets a little tougher to watch each year. Normally I don't go for zombie stories, but this one also involves ghosts which I find more interesting... so I give it a pass.

The Deadman
03-03-2018, 03:50 PM
‘The Grudge’ Re-re-reboot Infects Andrea Riseborough
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3486655/grudge-re-re-reboot-infects-andrea-riseborough/

I'm pretty hyped cause I actually enjoyed the remake.

Krutch
03-06-2018, 03:00 PM
My little cameo in the Leslie Vernon comic book :P

https://preview.ibb.co/nwOgNn/Screen_Shot_2018_03_06_at_4_46_49_PM.png
https://image.ibb.co/jsysTS/Screen_Shot_2018_03_06_at_4_47_23_PM.png

KillCrites
03-06-2018, 05:54 PM
My little cameo in the Leslie Vernon comic book :P

https://preview.ibb.co/nwOgNn/Screen_Shot_2018_03_06_at_4_46_49_PM.png
https://image.ibb.co/jsysTS/Screen_Shot_2018_03_06_at_4_47_23_PM.png

Oh my god I completely forgot that comic was a thing, I need to read this right now

The Deadman
03-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Danny McBride Says ‘Halloween’ Will Pay Tribute Even to the Sequels It’s Retconning
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3488071/danny-mcbride-says-halloween-will-pay-tribute-even-sequels-retconning/

The Deadman
03-17-2018, 07:00 PM
fgalFsxJrms

MsMarvelDuckie
03-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Oh, so THAT'S where he's been! Good to see the "gold-digger" again. Is it Warwick, though? I love him, and I feel like he's the only one who can do it justice.

The Deadman
03-18-2018, 10:01 PM
No, it's someone different in the role.

The Deadman
04-06-2018, 10:42 AM
UL29y0ah92w

‘The Grudge’ Remake Will Infect Theaters In 2019
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3492251/grudge-remake-will-infect-theaters-2019/

newfan
04-06-2018, 10:48 AM
‘The Grudge’ Remake Will Infect Theaters In 2019
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3492251/grudge-remake-will-infect-theaters-2019/

The Grudge just doesn't seem old enough for a remake, 2005. I suppose 14 years by the time this is released.

AT-Man
04-06-2018, 11:38 AM
The American Grudge remakes were somehow as scary or even scarier than the original(s). I'm intrigued to see how they completely ruin the new one.

The Deadman
04-28-2018, 01:00 PM
Annabelle 3 Set For Summer 2019 Release Date
https://411mania.com/movies/annabelle-3-set-summer-2019-release-date/

Allio
04-28-2018, 01:15 PM
The American Grudge remakes were somehow as scary or even scarier than the original(s). I'm intrigued to see how they completely ruin the new one.

Only good one was the first film. Others suck.

The Deadman
05-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Lutz Family’s Amityville Enterprises Fighting to Rescue ‘Amityville Horror’ Franchise from Weinstein Sale
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3496897/lutz-familys-amityville-enterprises-fighting-rescue-amityville-horror-franchise-weinstein-sale/

Ruby Modine Also Returning In ‘Happy Death Day’ Sequel
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3496907/ruby-modine-also-returning-happy-death-day-sequel/

Krutch
06-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Can't believe this one slipped under my radar for so long...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81J7Zm8IxtL._SX342_.jpg

Has anyone ever seen Cherry Falls?

Watched this last night. A wonderful throwback film from when I was most into horror movies (late 90s, early 00's). It's dated as all hell now but there's plenty of fun to be had. If you're in the mood for something in the vein of Scream, Valentine, and I Know What You Did Last Summer, check it out.

The Deadman
06-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Creepy Viral Twitter Tale “Dear David” Gains ‘IT’ Producer
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3502774/creepy-twitter-viral-dear-david-gains-producer/

Oh god why

The Deadman
06-13-2018, 03:51 PM
pzD9zGcUNrw

Krutch
06-15-2018, 03:57 AM
Saw Hereditary tonight. I... I didn't care for it after the first 30 minutes or so.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-19-2018, 07:01 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/moose-jaws-update/

I doubt some people even care but Kevin Smith updated us on Moose Jaws. I'm really not stoked about it personally (having seen Yoga Hosers). A fight between the Moose and the Walrus from Tusk....:tconfuse:

MsMarvelDuckie
06-19-2018, 07:12 AM
That- just sounds... weird. Not even scary. Like some kind of "Vs" episode on Animal Planet. "Moose vs Walrus".....

I think Sharknado has ruined the monster horror genre. I can't even take any of this stuff seriously anymore....

AT-Man
06-19-2018, 03:56 PM
I also saw Hereditary last night. I liked it overall...

...but I think the supernatural aspect was kind of lame. I would have liked it to be about something more grounded.

The Deadman
07-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Chucky Returning to the Big Screen in Child’s Play Remake
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/955919-chucky-returning-to-the-big-screen-in-childs-play-remake#JOGd1TPFFLZlMb8c.99

Shark_Blade
07-04-2018, 05:02 AM
Saw Hereditary last night.

It’s so stupid I’d give it a 3/10.

Wildcat
07-05-2018, 12:49 AM
Chucky Returning to the Big Screen in Child’s Play Remake
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/955919-chucky-returning-to-the-big-screen-in-childs-play-remake#JOGd1TPFFLZlMb8c.99When I saw this news yesterday it blew my mind. The original line is still going but MGM owns the first and somehow can remake it without disrupting Universal’s movies.

I’m all for it. I don’t hate on remakes. I like seeing updated takes on old movies. It’s my favorite horror series. Keeping the original with a TV show as the next installment AND a remake? It’s win-win for me.

PApagreg
07-05-2018, 12:59 AM
I personally prefer a sequel to "The Cult of Chucky" film

Wildcat
07-05-2018, 01:49 AM
The tv series is going to be a direct continuation of Cult. They’ve said it does NOT mean the movies won’t be made anymore.

I’m sure after the tv show they’ll make more standard movies coming off however the show ends.

The Deadman
07-12-2018, 05:22 AM
TXlAEyrH808

The Deadman
07-20-2018, 04:56 AM
Third ‘Annabelle’ Film Will Bring to Life Every Spooky Artifact in the Warren Museum!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3511064/third-annabelle-film-will-bring-life-every-spooky-artifact-warren-museum/

The Deadman
07-26-2018, 05:12 AM
eRV-c3hs3vw

The Deadman
08-01-2018, 05:12 AM
Robert Englund Has a Fun Idea for a Shape Shifting Freddy Krueger in a New ‘Nightmare on Elm Street’
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3512758/robert-englund-fun-idea-shape-shifting-freddy-krueger-new-nightmare-elm-street/

The Deadman
08-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Legendary Reportedly in the Mix for Texas Chain Saw Massacre Rights
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/972525-legendary-reportedly-in-the-mix-for-texas-chain-saw-massacre-rights#JHqBD4zdVSTvqYMS.99

The Deadman
08-27-2018, 04:25 PM
Alleged Plot Details Suggest How Different the Killer Doll in the ‘Child’s Play’ Remake Will Be
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3518148/alleged-plot-details-suggest-different-killer-doll-childs-play-remake-will/

So if it's not even going to be a Good Guy doll, and it WONT be named Chucky...then does this even count as a remake?

Wildcat
08-28-2018, 01:47 AM
Assuming that info is real the person who kills themselves could actually be the one who possesses the doll and reprogrammed it so they’d have more power.

I never thought it was about a high tech toy that became self aware. It would have no motive to kill people and go after kids if it was just some robot that malfunctioned. People just wanted to complained instead thinking how it could fit. I’m willing to bet there’s still a supernatural element to him.

I hope it looks similar to original Chucky. Not exactly but red hair and color of clothing. I just think it’d be cool to have like an alternate universe Chucky.

Krutch
08-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Figured I'd ask this here instead of opening a whole new thread...

Does anyone know if the original cut of 2011's The Thing actually exists online somewhere?

Before they redid all the effects with laughably bad CG. I've heard there's a torrent out there but I've never come across it myself and wanted to know if anyone here has seen it or is aware of its existence.

The Deadman
09-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Producer Updates That ‘The Conjuring 3’ Will Likely Be Filming Next Year
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3520936/producer-updates-conjuring-3-will-likely-filming-next-year/

Jordan Peele in Talks to Remake Clive Barker’s ‘Candyman’
https://bloody-disgusting.com/books/3520625/jordan-peele-talks-remake-clive-barkers-candyman-exclusive/

AquaParade
09-11-2018, 05:24 PM
I rarely ever come across a movie that I can't find available on the Playstation Network store, but it seems to be missing the original Halloween, as well as the Rob Zombie remakes.

Bummed.

Shark_Blade
09-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Watched “The Nun”.

Eh some jump scares but not really as terrifying and fun as The Conjuring 2.

The Deadman
10-04-2018, 05:05 AM
Screenwriter Wins FRIDAY THE 13TH Lawsuit
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/283222/screenwriter-wins-friday-the-13th-lawsuit

ANNABELLE 3 Casts Ed and Lorraine Warren’s Daughter
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/283215/annabelle-3-casts-ed-and-lorraine-warrens-daughter/

HAPPY DEATH DAY 2 Snags Silly New Title
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/283086/happy-death-day-2s-snags-super-silly-new-title/

Michael Chaves Directing ‘The Conjuring 3’ for New Line Cinema
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3520953/michael-chavez-talks-direct-conjuring-3-new-line-cinema-exclusive/

Wesley
10-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Recently, I watched The Wicker Man (1973) and The Grudge (2004). Great horror films with a lot of suspense.

Shark_Blade
10-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Recently, I watched The Wicker Man (1973) and The Grudge (2004). Great horror films with a lot of suspense.

You should watch the original Japanese version of The Grudge it’s called Ju-On (spanning several sequels too). A lot more disturbing and terrifying imo. :D

Leo656
10-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Recently, I watched The Wicker Man (1973)

That is a good f*cking movie.

I can see people of a certain age finding it very slow and drawn out, perhaps even boring, but I like a good slow burn from time to time. Good flick.

Wesley
10-05-2018, 11:38 AM
That is a good f*cking movie.

I can see people of a certain age finding it very slow and drawn out, perhaps even boring, but I like a good slow burn from time to time. Good flick.

Agreed. I didn’t really get it until I watched it a second time.

The Deadman
10-10-2018, 04:56 PM
b4khm-lfHk4

The Deadman
10-15-2018, 05:20 AM
Lin Shaye, Who’s Been in Many Scary Movies, Says the Upcoming ‘Grudge’ is Her Scariest to Date
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3526720/lin-shaye-whos-many-scary-movies-says-upcoming-grudge-scariest-date/

Shark_Blade
10-15-2018, 11:01 PM
Watched “The Bar” and “The Invisible Guest” starring Mario Casas.

Surprisingly great eventhough it’s Spanish. 5/5 wow amazing.

The Deadman
10-16-2018, 05:12 AM
Has anyone watched all of the Conjuring Universe films yet? If you have, what ranking would you give them? I have mine at:

5. The Nun
4. Annabelle
3. The Conjuring 2
2. Annabelle Creation
1. The Conjuring

The Deadman
11-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Emily Blunt Teases Prequel Elements For A Quiet Place 2
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1004709-emily-blunt-discusses-potential-prequel-elements-for-a-quiet-place-sequel#ThPJok32K08lDAvq.99

Shark_Blade
11-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Has anyone watched all of the Conjuring Universe films yet? If you have, what ranking would you give them? I have mine at:

5. The Nun
4. Annabelle
3. The Conjuring 2
2. Annabelle Creation
1. The Conjuring

1. The Conjuring 2
2. Annabelle Creation
3. The Conjuring
4. Annabelle
5. The Nun

Shark_Blade
11-05-2018, 06:07 AM
Watching Halloween 2018 in the cinema. Bored so I’m typing.

A lot of boring scenes, don’t understand the hype. Isn’t he like the same person as Jason from Friday the 13th?

1. The intro is stupid and pointless. 2 reporters going to a psycho hospital and showed the killer his mask (which he got from the Attorney General office??? Wtf?? Why would anyone hand over evidence to some reporters???). So anyone he kept showing the mask to him and taunting him and other patients screams and... queue title?? Pointless.
2. Why the **** a little boy carrying a shotgun and accidentally shot an elderly man with such precision?? Why the **** that old man didn’t announce his presence slowly but instead he literally jumped out and shouted don’t shoot? What kind of idiot is this old man, was he born yesterday?? Who wrote this stupid script? Oh the boy got killed, nice.
3. Ugly man reporter got killed. Useless woman reporter got killed eventhough she has a crowbar but refused to fight along/using it at all.
4. Many idiotic/careless civilians got killed, they kinda deserve it because of their own foolishness so I feel nothing for them lol.
5. The babysitter got killed because her stupid boyfriend just took so long hesitating eventhough she’s been shouting non stop. He’s also constantly smoking some weed so he can die too idgaf.
6. At least this granny is a badass and always constantly vigilant and prepared.
7. This girl protagonist’s mother is so annoying and loud. And now the dumb bitch is harassing authorities and police due to her own incompetence. Dumb bitch deserve to be killed wow. And her disgusting husband should be killed too, talking about his peanut butter penis in front of his own daughter wtf.
8. Now this crazyass psycho doctor killed the sheriff. Now he’s obsessed to be the killer as well.
9. Welp now the doctor died a squishy death by the killer. The head was too soft like mashed potato so it doesn’t look realistic at all.
10. The badass granny and her daughter reunited. That’s nice.
11. The dad died by neck snap. Good. The annoying mother hid in the basement. Final showdown.
12. The stupid girl protagonist screaming loudly in the woods amidst body parts just to let the killer know her location. Sigh, this bitch..
13. Badass grandma has shutters for every room. Nice.
14. The girl reunite with the mom and these 2 wont shut up despite there’s a killer in the house. Can the mom slap the noisy girl instead of shushing her slowly?
15. Nice trap. And the 3 girls survived? Nice.

Overall 6/10. If they remove the pointless scenes and annoying character traits would be great.

Kenwatanabesclone
11-05-2018, 08:36 AM

A lot of boring scenes, don’t understand the hype. Isn’t he like the same person as Jason from Friday the 13th? .

This is a joke, right?

Leo656
11-05-2018, 10:21 AM
"If they removed, y'know, the movie, it'd be a pretty good movie." :lol:

Oh, you.
---------------

I'unno, i feel like 3 weeks or however long it's been is long enough for Spoilers to not be an issue anymore. Besides, all scientific studies on the subject conclusively prove that human beings do NOT like surprises, no matter how much they insist they do, because your enjoyment of a thing is always connected to your expectations of that thing, and having a general idea gives you a chance to set your expectations accordingly.

I think once we hit "The whole world's seen it but me" territory, all bets are off. :lol: I haven't seen it yet either, but I completely don't care about Spoilers. :)

The Deadman
11-28-2018, 04:50 PM
I ignore any opinion Shark Blade has due to the fact he thinks the TMNT reboot has no flaws.

Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3535123/jordan-peeles-candyman-confirmed-set-2020-release/

DarkFell
11-28-2018, 05:26 PM
I saw the Halloween 2018 movie a few weeks ago. It was eh.. so-so.
Opinions are hidden within the spoilers.

A couple of complaints that I had with the movie were, there were just too many unlocked doors for Myers to have access to, along with him possessing 'super-human strength' just to kill the victims like he did.

A few broken neck deaths ..maybe. Kinda on the over-kill side, but, okay.
Stomp-smashing a guy's head in like a rotten pumpkin? ..pfft, nope.

AT-Man
11-29-2018, 05:59 AM
I ignore any opinion Shark Blade has due to the fact he thinks the TMNT reboot has no flaws.

Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3535123/jordan-peeles-candyman-confirmed-set-2020-release/

Jordan Peele gives me hope there will finally be a good horror remake.

The Deadman
12-04-2018, 08:22 AM
THq6KlWgiqw

The Deadman
12-26-2018, 05:16 AM
hNCmb-4oXJA

The Deadman
01-12-2019, 10:00 AM
New Line Cinema Can’t Escape Death, Plans ‘Final Destination’ Reboot!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3540522/new-line-cinema-cant-escape-death-plans-final-destination-reboot/

‘Polaroid’ No Longer Being Developed at Netflix
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3541271/polaroid-no-longer-developed-netflix-exclusive/

Amblin’s ‘The White Room’ Described as ‘Don’t Breathe’ Meets ‘Hereditary’
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3541241/amblins-white-room-described-dont-breathe-meets-hereditary/

‘Behind’: Lionsgate Teams with Sam Raimi’s Ghost House for Demonic Baby Abduction Horror Film
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3541094/behind-lionsgate-teams-sam-raimis-ghost-house-demonic-baby-abduction-horror-film/

The Deadman
02-05-2019, 03:00 PM
XdaW28kp2f0

Egon1982
02-07-2019, 02:39 PM

A lot of boring scenes, don’t understand the hype. Isn’t he like the same person as Jason from Friday the 13th?

1. The intro is stupid and pointless. 2 reporters going to a psycho hospital and showed the killer his mask (which he got from the Attorney General office??? Wtf?? Why would anyone hand over evidence to some reporters???). So anyone he kept showing the mask to him and taunting him and other patients screams and... queue title?? Pointless.
2. Why the **** a little boy carrying a shotgun and accidentally shot an elderly man with such precision?? Why the **** that old man didn’t announce his presence slowly but instead he literally jumped out and shouted don’t shoot? What kind of idiot is this old man, was he born yesterday?? Who wrote this stupid script? Oh the boy got killed, nice.
3. Ugly man reporter got killed. Useless woman reporter got killed eventhough she has a crowbar but refused to fight along/using it at all.
4. Many idiotic/careless civilians got killed, they kinda deserve it because of their own foolishness so I feel nothing for them lol.
5. The babysitter got killed because her stupid boyfriend just took so long hesitating eventhough she’s been shouting non stop. He’s also constantly smoking some weed so he can die too idgaf.
6. At least this granny is a badass and always constantly vigilant and prepared.
7. This girl protagonist’s mother is so annoying and loud. And now the dumb bitch is harassing authorities and police due to her own incompetence. Dumb bitch deserve to be killed wow. And her disgusting husband should be killed too, talking about his peanut butter penis in front of his own daughter wtf.
8. Now this crazyass psycho doctor killed the sheriff. Now he’s obsessed to be the killer as well.
9. Welp now the doctor died a squishy death by the killer. The head was too soft like mashed potato so it doesn’t look realistic at all.
10. The badass granny and her daughter reunited. That’s nice.
11. The dad died by neck snap. Good. The annoying mother hid in the basement. Final showdown.
12. The stupid girl protagonist screaming loudly in the woods amidst body parts just to let the killer know her location. Sigh, this bitch..
13. Badass grandma has shutters for every room. Nice.
14. The girl reunite with the mom and these 2 wont shut up despite there’s a killer in the house. Can the mom slap the noisy girl instead of shushing her slowly?
15. Nice trap. And the 3 girls survived? Nice.

Overall 6/10. If they remove the pointless scenes and annoying character traits would be great.

I saw the Halloween 2018 movie a few weeks ago. It was eh.. so-so.
Opinions are hidden within the spoilers.

A couple of complaints that I had with the movie were, there were just too many unlocked doors for Myers to have access to, along with him possessing 'super-human strength' just to kill the victims like he did.

A few broken neck deaths ..maybe. Kinda on the over-kill side, but, okay.
Stomp-smashing a guy's head in like a rotten pumpkin? ..pfft, nope.

I agree, boring cash-grab mediocre film that is as lame as Rob Zombie's remake and Halloween 6 (even in producer's cut) and not as horrible as 5 and Resurrection! i just think it's time to let go of this franchise and let it rest in peace as it' been dead for a long time and died with Halloween H2O which to me was the final story as Michael DIED in that one as far as i'm concerned. I mean your just gonna get diminishing returns and when that happens you gotta let a franchise go and rest in peace in favor of new franchises and new icons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7kBSgcXbw&t=5226s

Check out at t 1:24:34 which is a controversial rant by 2 youtube friends of mine Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life urging audiences and studios to just let iconic horror franchises and beloved horror icons to just die and rest in peace and move on to make fresh brand new ones.

With comparisons to the Universal monsters of the 30s/40s/50s, slasher craze and crash of the 80s and the recent trend of sequelizing and remaking Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday The 13th (despite they with me like the 2009 remake and no sequel has happened in 10 years), Elm Street, Child's Play, Scream, Saw, Hellraiser, etc. and how they feel it's time to let these franchises and beloved horror icons to rest a peaceful death than to constantly bring them back in hope of new life/profit/old glory otherwise they are gonna be zombies

Make new horror icons that are fresh and new! it's how Michael Myers, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, Jigsaw, Ghostface, Jason Voorhees and Pinhead came to be as they were not copies of the universal monsters but unique in their own ways. Horror needs unique fresh icons again like take for example Annabelle she is the new Chucky, Not the same tired old ones force fed to new generations like they are still as cool as they were in the 80s 90s and early 2000s. They had their time in the sun and earned retirement from the genre, let them kick off their shoes to relax, bringing them back constantly is only gonna hurt their legacy and turn them into jokes. I know it is sad but it is true, it's time to move on.

No need for anymore Halloween sequels, terrible Hellraiser sequels, Don Mancini made crappy Child's Play sequels (i felt the series ended at 3), anymore poor Leatherface sequels/prequels (the last TCM worth a damn was 1990's 3 while 2003's remake was decent), the 15th Leprechaun movie, more Children of the Corn sequels etc. it's a dead horse already and they are beating it, sometimes dead is better and this video tells the truth and i'm standing by them

Hamato Yoshi
02-07-2019, 05:59 PM
I have a religious thing with Horror Express , to some its just a monster movie , to me its a lot more

Never seen Critters , Ghoulies , Leprechaun......

Krutch
02-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Never seen Critters , Ghoulies , Leprechaun......Man... get on that. In that order.

Then The Gate when you're done those.

https://alchetron.com/cdn/The-Gate-1987-film-images-c370242c-7094-4367-8047-7a709de8db9.jpg

(Or just skip Leprechaun altogether and go straight for The Gate :P )

MsMarvelDuckie
02-07-2019, 06:52 PM
No. Do NOT skip Leprechaun! It is a MUST for any horror fan.

Krutch
02-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Hahaha to be fair I only seen it once. Within the last year, actually. And it was fun! Just well below the others listed IMO.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-07-2019, 06:59 PM
It's much more fun if you watch them all in order over a weekend. Plus, first major role of Jennifer Anniston! She played the daughter in the original.

Leo656
02-07-2019, 07:18 PM
Her legs almost redeem it. That's about it.

I like Warwick Davis and I'm glad that this series kept him fed throughout the otherwise-dry period of the 1990s. That's all I got.

The Deadman
02-08-2019, 04:22 PM
ZFy8ZgLd574

Krutch
02-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Saw Happy Death Day 2 U over the weekend. I thought the original was alright - just wished it had a bit more blood. I couldn't stand the sequel, though. Thought everything about it was incredibly lame. There were moments that I honestly felt embarrassed to be watching it. I'd say if you're going into it, don't expect the horror/slasher aspect to be anywhere near as prominent as it was in the first movie, even though it was pretty light the first time around.

Andrew NDB
02-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Saw Happy Death Day 2 U over the weekend. I thought the original was alright - just wished it had a bit more blood.

Yeah, I actually got duped into seeing it. I swore I saw it was R-rated in the previews so I was sitting there halfway like, "Waaaaittaminute... nobody's actually said any bad words and there hasn't even been a little bit of blood in this movie about a chick who is constantly getting murdered."

This had absolutely no business not being R. That said, I didn't hate it. It was cleverly written and the lead was likable enough. Without both of those factors in play it would have fell on its face.

I couldn't stand the sequel, though. Thought everything about it was incredibly lame. There were moments that I honestly felt embarrassed to be watching it. I'd say if you're going into it, don't expect the horror/slasher aspect to be anywhere near as prominent as it was in the first movie, even though it was pretty light the first time around.

Yeesh. How does it even work in part 2? Why does it start happening again? It'd be like getting a Groundhog Day 2.

Krutch
02-19-2019, 03:39 PM
Yeah, the first one was fine. It was light and kinda fun.

I don't want to spoil the sequel incase you end up seeing it but it just gets really, really cheesy. Lots of stale humour and a sequence that feels like something right out of Pink Panther. It's just nutty - the bad kinda nutty :P

My buddy thought it wasn't that bad - but also said he couldn't recommend it.

Allio
02-21-2019, 09:36 PM
saw death day 2u. Honestly exactly what I expected. Cheesy sci-fi nonsense with multi-verse theory. While I don't think they needed to explain the loop I can't help but find it hilarious in that cheesy scifi goodness.

I think the movie in of itself was something that had to be wanting.

Egon1982
02-22-2019, 03:38 AM
Man... get on that. In that order.

Then The Gate when you're done those.

https://alchetron.com/cdn/The-Gate-1987-film-images-c370242c-7094-4367-8047-7a709de8db9.jpg

(Or just skip Leprechaun altogether and go straight for The Gate :P )

Loved The Gate since i saw it in theaters as a kid and such a Lovecraftian supernatural horror fantasy with nice effects, it's like The Goonies meets Pet Sematary and Poltergeist.

hNCmb-4oXJA

THq6KlWgiqw

I enjoyed Get Out and Peele is a promising director.

Saw Happy Death Day 2 U over the weekend. I thought the original was alright - just wished it had a bit more blood. I couldn't stand the sequel, though. Thought everything about it was incredibly lame. There were moments that I honestly felt embarrassed to be watching it. I'd say if you're going into it, don't expect the horror/slasher aspect to be anywhere near as prominent as it was in the first movie, even though it was pretty light the first time around.

Yeah, I actually got duped into seeing it. I swore I saw it was R-rated in the previews so I was sitting there halfway like, "Waaaaittaminute... nobody's actually said any bad words and there hasn't even been a little bit of blood in this movie about a chick who is constantly getting murdered."

This had absolutely no business not being R. That said, I didn't hate it. It was cleverly written and the lead was likable enough. Without both of those factors in play it would have fell on its face.

Yeesh. How does it even work in part 2? Why does it start happening again? It'd be like getting a Groundhog Day 2.

Yes, i thought the first Happy Death Day was a timewaster for me as it had fine performances and a nice concept but could had been better if it was rated R and all, i mean R-rated horror movies are doing money now thanks to IT and Conjuring films, they need to learn from those.

And at least it with the Conjuring universe films are trying to create their own horror icons and franchises as i'm no fan of the Conjuring spin-offs and Happy Death Day but at least it's something different, not quite, but it's not the same horror icons/franchises i've already seen like Elm Street or Hellraiser or Saw or Scream or Friday The 13th, they are trying to create their own new horror icons and their own franchises as they are giving it an effort.

And that's what i think, i mean let some older franchises and their icons like Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, Ghostface, Jigsaw, Leatherface etc. just die and rest in peace and come up with your own franchise and new horror icon.

The Deadman
02-22-2019, 04:43 AM
Rated R horror films don't always equal success. Ones with good writing and acting, do.

Leo656
02-22-2019, 09:58 AM
horror films... with good writing and acting...

Just being super polite, or...? :lol:

C'mon now. :trazz:

Andrew NDB
02-22-2019, 10:15 AM
Question: in Happy Death Day 2U, do they continue the thing from the first one where every death she suffers damages her body? Or do they just jettison/forget about that?

Rated R horror films don't always equal success. Ones with good writing and acting, do.

They don't, but if you're making a slasher you need to actually be able to show the slashing... otherwise what's the point? Plus it's just irresponsible. Movies about a lot of people getting murdered have no business being filtered for 13 year-olds.

Allio
02-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Question: in Happy Death Day 2U, do they continue the thing from the first one where every death she suffers damages her body? Or do they just jettison/forget about that?

It gets to a point to where she no longer wants to die because if the damages are to great she may not wake up.

That would be kind of neat, imagine that loop of death cycle where her body shuts down on her each time her loop restarts.

Krutch
02-22-2019, 11:23 AM
slasher you need to actually be able to show the slashing... otherwise what's the point? Plus it's just irresponsible. Movies about a lot of people getting murdered have no business being filtered for 13 year-olds.
Completely agree. It's like writing a raunchy sex comedy but steering clear of nudity, sex, or anything offensive. It's like... then what's the point?

The Deadman
02-23-2019, 10:22 AM
A Quiet Place Sequel Release Date Set for 2020
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1042785-john-krasinski-announces-a-quiet-place-sequel-release-date#R6GyxAChcXRoHawq.99

The Deadman
03-16-2019, 01:54 PM
The Curse of La Llorona Confirmed to Have The Conjuring Connection
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1050183-the-curse-of-la-llorona-confirmed-to-have-the-conjuring-connection#mkz2vGjKUkO8AseI.99

Allio
03-22-2019, 12:55 AM
saw US

The only real bad thing I have to say is that is that they made the whole doppleganger invasion some grandscale thing. It would have been perfect and more personal had it stuck into the small scale invasion of a broken woman that was trying to get her life back.

The only other complaint is that it doesn’t seem like there aren’t any rules when it comes to the dopplegangers.

Spoiler

Rules I have tried to figure out

Those that lives underground follows the rules above ground, above ground has priority. This is evident by the real mother, despite her trying her best not too, follows what her clone is doing.
Everything will be followed 1:1 unless the circumstances doesn’t allow dopplegangers. Rabbits=food, People on a rollercoaster had to live up and pretend to be on a coaster, dad was punching a wall when the real one was doing wack a mole.
If the event that for whatever reason that something can’t be followed, it will be followed as best as it could be. The real mother had to cut herself open, since -I assume- dopplegangers of her the doctors weren’t around (and there of course were no medical stuff)
When the dopplegangers are above ground I assume the outfits they wear are suppose to be contrived (wooly pajamas, masks, gloves, etc) so as to not match their above ground selves.

This point would explain why Jason’s clone mimicked him. As Jason had a mask (clone had a mask) and something on his hand (as opposed to the clones’ gloves) which apparently was enough of a requirement to make him mirror him.

I do feel like Jordan Peele didn’t really have rules for the dopplegangers, it does kind of come off as “These guys does everything you do, unless it’s convenient to the plot” I mean as many times as people probably went to that mirror house (consideirng it’s still up 30 years later) are you telling me that nobody has seen their original selves? What made the “other” mother be the one to act out?

Movie is still fine. I just wish that they really developed the rule of the clones.

The Deadman
03-28-2019, 05:01 PM
N3J2k3Nhicw

Vegita-San
04-06-2019, 08:55 AM
So, since they spoiled almost all the changes in the trailer, including race switched pascow....how does this one measure up?

pet semetary remake

Allio
04-09-2019, 01:23 PM
As someone that has kind of a hate/love relationship with the original. I actually really liked this one. If you like new IT, you'll like this one I feel.

My thoughts.

The Deadman
04-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Producer Peter Safran Says ‘The Nun 2’ is Already in the Works; “We Have a Really Fun Storyline”
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3555216/producer-peter-safran-says-nun-2-already-works-really-fun-storyline/

‘Poltergeist’ Getting Remade *Again* with ‘Captain America’ and ‘Avengers’ Directors
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3555052/poltergeist-getting-remade-captain-america-avengers-directors/

AT-Man
04-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Russos directing a Poltergeist movie? Strange and kinda exciting.

The Deadman
05-02-2019, 04:33 AM
Don Mancini’s ‘Child’s Play’ TV Series Looks to Be Targeting a 2020 Arrival

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3558962/don-mancinis-childs-play-tv-series-looks-targeting-2020-arrival/

The Deadman
05-06-2019, 04:06 PM
Finally, a Sequel to ‘The Collector’ and ‘The Collection’ is Happening
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3559166/finally-sequel-collector-collection-happening/

‘The Dark Knight’ Writer David S. Goyer is Penning an “Evolved Reimagining” of ‘Hellraiser’

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3559518/dark-knight-writer-david-s-goyer-penning-evolved-reimagining-hellraiser/

The Deadman
05-09-2019, 03:35 PM
zqUopiAYdRg

Egon1982
05-10-2019, 04:37 AM
Producer Peter Safran Says ‘The Nun 2’ is Already in the Works; “We Have a Really Fun Storyline”
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3555216/producer-peter-safran-says-nun-2-already-works-really-fun-storyline/

‘Poltergeist’ Getting Remade *Again* with ‘Captain America’ and ‘Avengers’ Directors
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3555052/poltergeist-getting-remade-captain-america-avengers-directors/

Another remake of Poltergeist? hell no, the remake sucked already! no need for another, the original is a quality horror film yet part 2 was reasonable but 3 and the remake both blew and flopped. Just let it rest in peace, move on and make new horror projects.

AT-Man
05-10-2019, 07:57 AM
IT Chaper Two trailer looks good. I hope that scare from the beginning of the trailer delivers in the movie. I want to see something truly horrifying and not just an obvious CGI effect.

The Deadman
05-13-2019, 03:59 PM
The Next Installment in the ‘Purge’ Film Franchise Arrives in Theaters Summer 2020
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3560764/next-installment-purge-film-franchise-arrives-theaters-summer-2020/

Allio
05-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Found out that the Horror Bishoujo line (which consisted of Freddy vs Jason before) has expanded with Chucky, Tiffany, Pinhead, Micheal, Ash williams, and Edward Scissor Hands.

And while I had a few grips with Freddy and Jason, though I have grown to like Freddy's "ara ara" design I kind of like all the new ones besides Micheal.

Chucky looking like a barbie contrasts well to Buddi's design of something akin to Raggedy Ann/Andy
Fremale Pinhead is just great overall
Gothic Lolita Scossorhands is pretty much what I expected.
Ash looks nice.

And Tiffany looks REALLY nice, eat your heart out, Barbie.

Honestly I hope we get more. Bring on the loli jigsaw

The Deadman
06-13-2019, 04:00 PM
0R1-ZZTcTBY

Qpf8p_E-I_o

DarkFell
06-13-2019, 08:16 PM
The Netflix version of Haunting of Hill House.
I know that the actual film was made in 1963 but, I haven't seen it yet.