PDA

View Full Version : Games You Wish Existed

Powder
08-29-2016, 11:34 PM
What are some titles you think we should have gotten over the years? Stuff that seems like it would've been obvious to do (or just plain fun & the potential to be successful), but for whatever reason, didn't get made. I'm talking about pre-existing universes & the like, not original concept pitches or whatever.

For example, I would kill to have a Super Mario Bros Movie game, inspired by the film, naturally. Not sure what style, I guess SMW meets beat 'em ups, but definitely with more serious/realistic graphics & so forth. I realize I am in the minority on this one. :tlol:

I'd also love to see more games like Smash Bros, but in other categories. Like say a Mario Kart clone of sorts featuring an all-star cast using weapons & modes of transportation from their respective series'. Link on Epona, DK on Rambi, Pikachu riding on the back of some other fast Pokemon, Fox in his Arwing, etc. You could always scale some of these down if need be, alter them slightly to be made for race versions & all that. You could do a whole Pokemon "kart" game in the same vein, alternately. I quite enjoyed the Sub-Space Emissary parts of SSBB, so I personally would love a new installment similar to that. A multiverse event requiring the aid of all properties, with various gaming elements from platforming to puzzle solving.

A Pokemon title based in the gameplay of 3D Legend Of Zelda titles. Exploring terrain, cities, temples, etc, trading, quests, switching between trainer & Pokemon (like say becoming your starter to fit into a small hole that leads to an underground "dungeon" you have to traverse, doing mini-games, or finding items).

A Pokemon Snap sequel. I can't believe we haven't had one yet, given the camera integration of our current Nintendo consoles. There's so much you could do with it.

A Mario title which revisits the world its title character dreamed up in SMB USA. I miss Wart, damn it!

I'd really like to see classic properties of theirs revitalized too. A new vertical platformer for Ice Climbers, something for Mr. Game & Watch (maybe inspired by the 2D elements of Super Paper Mario?), ROB, Duck Hunt, etc. If Toad can get his own imaginative series, so too can they.

How about you? I stuck with Nintendo, but you're free to expand on whatever you like.

snake
08-30-2016, 12:44 AM
A new paper mario in the classic/TYD style is a major want. If that isn't possible atleast in the SPM style.

But my biggest want is a fun TMNT game made like the Arkham games. An immersive world, entirely new designs for everything, a main story lasting over 50 hours in total, but not as gritty as the Arkham games. You can also visit other incarnations through dimension hopping

Shark_Blade
08-30-2016, 12:49 AM
Arkham TMNT. That's all there is to it.

TurtleWA
08-30-2016, 01:06 AM
I wish some old games got released on the new systems. Preferably Aladdin from SNES and Yoshi's Cookie from Gameboy. I'd like to play these two games on the new 3DS XL.

TheBlueTurtle1
08-30-2016, 01:55 AM
Conker's Bad Fur day 2!

Any game sequel made by Rare.

Brute force 2.
Marvel vs Capcom 4

There's a ton of old school games I would love to see given sequels or remastered, the list could go on.

Krutch
08-30-2016, 02:13 AM
A retro Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game done with modern gameplay and graphics and original story.

Supernatural, kind of like a Telltales type game. Investigate cases, chase down leads, hunt monsters. Lends itself real well to video games, to be honest. I think Buffy could also be done in the same way.

Smallville, though I admit the window is beyond closed for that. But it would have been nice to have at least one crappy game of the series.

AT-Man
08-30-2016, 03:32 AM
A (Dark) Souls game with a world as big as all the other Souls games combined, plus at least three times as many secret passages and as hard as all the DLCs have been so far.

A sequel to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

A He-Man game that is as good as TMNT in Time.

Wildcat
08-30-2016, 04:16 AM
Totally agree with Pokemon Snap 2. Loved the first. There should be other games like that too. Where you take pictures of something. I've always thought a Jurassic Park Snap style game would be awesome.

Also totally agree with Conker 2. How that never got a sequel is one of gamings biggest mysteries. It was so popular and got the Xbox remake, thats the version I have.

Again totally agree with a Pokemon Adventure. Basically a console version like the main series. I've read Nintendo won't do it because Pokemon is supposed to be portable...Pocket Monsters. I don't know if that's true just what I've read elsewhere. Still a stupid reason though.

A full-on console 3D Pokemon Adventure/RPG would be amazing.

Spike Spiegel
08-30-2016, 07:09 AM
A Mirage TMNT game done well (looking at you, "Arcade Attack")
An X-Files game done in the style of Telltale that lets you play through the first five seasons or so
Cowboy Bebop
Aeon Flux (one that was actually based on the series)
Sequel(s) to Beyond Good and Evil and maybe a BloodRayne 3
A Silent Hill game that is better than Silent Hill 2
A sequel to Alien: Isolation

TMNT_Guy
08-30-2016, 11:12 AM
Oh boy, is this a loaded question.
A new paper mario in the classic/TYD style is a major want. If that isn't possible atleast in the SPM style.
A Mario title which revisits the world its title character dreamed up in SMB USA. I miss Wart, damn it!
Yes, yes please. Paper Mario is easily on my top 5 favorite Mario games list and Super Mario Bros 2 NES is my second favorite 2D Mario game. Adding to that:

A Mario game with a little more focus on story.

Nothing major mind you, I just want something like Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, or Luigi's Mansion story. I loved what Nintendo was doing with Mario in the Gamecube era. Finally Mario's world seemed connected, Professor E.Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is revealed the inventor of FLUDD(as well as the inventor of Shadow Mario's Magic Paintbrush), Chuckola Cola from Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga shows up in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door We finally started seeing more and more of the characters personality more. The animated shorts in Mario Gold Toadstool Tour and Mario Power Tennis, a fully voiced Mario in Mario vs Donkey Kong. Then came Super Mario Galaxy, which undoubtedly has the best non-RPG plot yet. It's charming backstory rose Princess Rosalina to one of the most popular Mario characters. It was just an awesome story to compliment an awesome game. But Mr. Miyamoto thought the game had too much story and pritty much every plot since has been beyond simplistic...and for me just boring. I just want to have a fun adventure with Mario that's interesting again.

A new Sam & Max game.

It could be a continuation of the Telltale series, or maybe they could reuse the plot from the cancelled Sam & Max Freelance Police game. I'd even be happy with a remastered release of Sam & Max Hit the Road, Double Fine Productions did an excellent job with Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Grim Fandango Remastered so I know they could do that game justice.

A new Secret of Monkey Island game.

One that answers all the lingering questions in the series, such as: Has the Voodoo Lady really been manipulating Guybrush this whole time?
A sequel to Plok.
It was one of my favorite games as a kid. At least we have the Plok comic.

A proper Donkey Kong Country sequel.

I know alot of people liked the Retro Studios Donkey Kong games, but they never felt right to me in terms of atmosphere, tone and controls. I want to see a return of King K. Rool and the Kremlings. I want to to see the other Kongs again like Funky Kong and Candy Kong. I've heard Tropical Freeze is better, but I was so disappointed with Returns that I never checked it out.

A proper Banjo Kazooie sequel.

A proper Perfect Dark sequel.

A new Battletoads game

Especially if it plays more like the arcade game.

A new Earthworm Jim game

I'd be very weary of this one, I don't trust Interplay to make the game(I thought Earthworm Jim 3D was ok, but Earthworm Jim HD was terrible.)and I don't even trust Doug TenNapel to make a new game. Maybe Wayforward could do ii, but I don't know. Regardless, I'd like it to have the tone of the first game with a 2D handrawn style similar to the original games.

A sequel to Pulseman.

Easily my favorite Sege Megadrive/Genesis game. They'd have to get the controls just right for the sequel though.

A new Indiana Jones Adventure game.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is one of my personal favorite games, like Sam & Max I'd be happy with a remastered release of that game, but a new plot would be preferable. I'm not fond of Telltales "your choices have consequences" approach to adventure games, but I'd at the very least give a try.

A new Sonic Adventure style game.

Maybe not so much in gameplay(Though I prefer how Sonic controls in these games then how he controls in Unleashed forward.), but definitely in spirit.

A sequel to Tails Adventure.

I don't like Metroidvania games, but I did somehow play this game from beginning to end. I wouldn't mind building gadgets and exploring with Tails again.

A Team Chaotix Adventure game.

I like point and click adventure games and I think these guys have the potential to make a funny game.

A new Bomberman game.

Especially if it would be a sequel to Bomberman 64: The Second Attalck. I just don't want it to be yet another party game. Something like Bomberman 64, Bomberman Generations or even Bomberman Hero.

A new Pac-Man World game.

Kind of doubtful considering the Ghostly Adventures reboot, but if Classic Pac-Man can come back for Smash Bros maybe he can get another game again.

A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beat 'em up in the style of the Konami games.

I'd have it in the 80s cartoon style just because I think that style helps the over the top adrenaline rush that the old games had, but it would have elements from the entire franchise. So while you would have reporter April, you would also have boss battles like Karai or Tiger Claw.

A classic style Resident Evil game.

Especially if it ignored everything from Resident Evil 4 onward and gave us what Resident Evil 2, 3 and Veronica promised us: Jill, Chris, Leon and Claire teaming up to stop Umbrella permanently.

I think that's a good start.

plastroncafe
08-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Lego TMNT
Kinect Legend of Korra/Avatar

The Deadman
08-30-2016, 11:50 AM
LEGO TMNT
LEGO MMPR
a TMNT racing game
Mario Kart/Sonic Racing crossover

Candy Kappa
08-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Remakes of the original MSX Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake games done in the Fox Engine. But, nope instead we get a slot machine game and a resident evil knock-off.

Utrommaniac
08-30-2016, 04:39 PM
All the Myst games for Mac.

My heart fell a little when I saw that only the first one had a Mac version, but not the others.

But on the other hand...I don't have to deal with that horrible chair in the fourth game for a while...oh god, the chair...

Andrew NDB
08-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Well, they'd all be sequels.

Chrono Trigger III.

Ultima X.

Final Fantasy IV-3.

Quest for Glory VI.

Leisure Suit Larry 8.

Space Quest VII.

ssjup81
08-30-2016, 11:56 PM
Super Mario RPG 2. Same style and such as the original, only with Luigi as a playable character and Mario swappable.

Another game featuring Daisy. Still sucks that 26 years later she still only appears in one main title (sorta) Mario game.

CyberCubed
08-31-2016, 12:56 AM
I feel like everything I want has already been made by now, but a few:

1. A really good proper 3D TMNT game. This is a no-brainer, a well-polished TMNT game on the level of today's AAA games.

2. Metroid II remake (I know of the fan game)

3. Metal Gear 1 and 2 from the MSX remade in 3D

Other than that everything I want I'm already getting (new 3D Zelda, a Resident Evil 2 remake), or is bound to happen eventually (another good Metroid game, etc).

Feels like every established franchise has already had endless sequels or remakes, so its hard to want something when it already exists.

Prowler
08-31-2016, 01:40 PM
I second the well polished and proper 3D TMNT game.

Other than that, considering this is basically about sequels and such, I can't think of anything...

Maybe a new 3D Donkey Kong game? And I mean 3D in the DK64 vein, but this time done better.

A Blast Corps sequel after all these years would be sweet too.

Cure
08-31-2016, 02:08 PM
Vanquish 2, man.

Prowler
08-31-2016, 02:13 PM
Oh and Sega should bring back the Daytona USA and Fighting Vipers series. But, on the other hand, we all know Sega would most likely royally f*ck it up.

myconius
10-07-2016, 10:19 AM
i've always really wanted for Sega to put out a collection arcade-perfect ports of the classic Virtua Fighter series!!

Virtua Fighter I , II , III

and not just some Sega Saturn mumbo jumbo either.

Turo602
10-08-2016, 04:48 PM
A retro Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game done with modern gameplay and graphics and original story.

Wish no more?
XsLDrgGjyOA

Spike Spiegel
10-08-2016, 08:28 PM
I finally finished Super Metroid a few days ago; I'd like to see it remade with better graphics, more secrets, and less wonky controls more like the Game Boy Advance Metroid games.

retr0pia75
10-10-2016, 10:25 PM
A proper, genuine follow-up to the original Spyro the Dragon games. My feelings towards Skylanders have softened a lot, but still.

sdp
10-10-2016, 10:38 PM
A new Turok game and not the 00's marine reboot, comics Turok.

A Mario/Sonic crossover game that isn't a minigame fest but an actual platformer.

Smash Bros Adventures - An adventure crossover game with all of Nintendo's characters

Jurassic Park survivor horror game or sim game that isn't a microtransaction crap.

Advance Wars 3DS.....my favorite franchise.

A Pokemon Snap sequel. I can't believe we haven't had one yet, given the camera integration of our current Nintendo consoles. There's so much you could do with it.
I am perplexed as to why this didn't happen, the 3DS with the push of AR and gyroscope just made sense and then the Wii U came out and had no idea what to do with the controller but Pokemon Snap was the game to show off and the screen would continue moving but if you wanted to take a picture of something behind you or beside you, then you'd just use the gamepad.

An X-Files game done in the style of Telltale that lets you play through the first five seasons or so

I'd love this but I'd prefer an original story.
LEGO TMNT
LEGO MMPR

I'm not a fan of Lego games but Power Rangers is made to be a LEGO game with all their characters that they have and only a Lego game could be able to fit them all in a game.

TheBlueTurtle1
10-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Capcom vs TMNT

retr0pia75
10-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Capcom vs TMNT

...I had no idea I wanted this so badly until now.

Icebot
10-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Any TMNT 1987 cartoon games (based on seasons other than season 1, especially red sky). Also a 3D 1987 cartoon TMNT game.

Any TMNT 2003 cartoon game based on seasons 4 and up (I think I heard some of them exist but I'm not sure, am I right?). I know there are games based on seasons 1 - 3 but I'm not sure about the other seasons.

Super Mario Sunshine 2

justforapic
11-01-2016, 05:28 PM
What are some titles you think we should have gotten over the years? Stuff that seems like it would've been obvious to do (or just plain fun & the potential to be successful), but for whatever reason, didn't get made. I'm talking about pre-existing universes & the like, not original concept pitches or whatever.

TMNT and Battletoads. If you want there to be a good story, it could start out as a turtles in space adventure.

Super Mario 64 part 2. Still surprised this never happened. I know the Sunshine and Galaxy games are sequels, but they weren't on N64.

Cure
11-01-2016, 05:33 PM
So you want a new Mario game on the Nintendo 64? That doesn't make sense.

justforapic
11-01-2016, 05:35 PM
So you want a new Mario game on the Nintendo 64? That doesn't make sense.

Not now, but at the time. Either that or something similar for Wii U or Nintendo Switch. What I want is another castle adventure with the painting worlds, just new levels.

PApagreg
11-06-2016, 01:45 AM
After playing the new Wolfenstein and Doom games I want to see a modern version of the Blood game

saintsaucey
12-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Basically mortal combat with Buffy and angel characters.

Glory vs illyria or jasmine

Adam vs the beast

Conner vs kendra

Dark willow vs illyria or jasmine

Lindsey vs riley

Riley vs conner

oldmanwinters
12-28-2016, 10:18 PM
Mega Man Universe
Viewtiful Joe 3
Sonic the Hedgehog (Satam adaptation) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1zAUTuOzA)
Sonic Xtreme (Saturn)
Star Fox 2 (SNES)... I can't believe Nintendo still hasn't released this as a digital exclusive. (http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8793227/star-fox-2-nintendo-virtual-console)
Maximo 3 (https://www.unseen64.net/2009/05/03/maximo-3-ps2-cancelled/)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron compilation (Wii) (http://www.ign.com/g00/articles/2014/10/13/cancelled-star-wars-rogue-squadron-wii-game-footage-found?i10c.referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2 F)
Super Mario Bros. 4/Super Mario World (NES) (https://tcrf.net/Super_Mario_World_(NES))

And yeah, a Lego TMNT game could have been an epic celebration of the franchise's history.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Portal 3, but I know Valve will never make one.

TurtleTitan97
12-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Sequels to the following mostly:

Binary Domain 2
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 2
DmC: Devil May Cry 2
A follow up to Ghostbusters (2009)
Life is Strange Season 2
Remember Me 2
Transformers: Devastation 2
Back to the Future Season 2

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan