PDA

View Full Version : The same people in every thread

CyberCubed
09-03-2016, 12:42 PM
When you're on forums for a long period of time, does anyone else feel they get stale? Mainly because no matter what thread is posted, its always the same exact people posting in every thread. After a while you learn about everyones personalities and the type of things they post and their opinions, so you can pretty much guess already what they're going to say before they say it.

I've noticed this place in particular has felt like this lately. Every thread always consists of the the same usual 15 or so people, with everyone else just posting exclusively in the TMNT sections.

Anyone think this gets stale?

snake
09-03-2016, 12:50 PM
While I wish we got a new influx of "regulars", I think that it's pretty cool that we all consistantly post

TheSkeletonMan939
09-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Anyone think this gets stale?

I wish we got more regulars more often, but I feel like we're enough of a motley crew that this place seems to always have interesting discussions.

snake
09-03-2016, 01:02 PM
I wish we got more regulars more often, but I feel like we're enough of a motley crew that this place seems to always have interesting discussions.

Interesting doesn't even begin to cover it :lol:

I wish everyone had more of that comradery with each other that you see if you look at threads from, say, 10 years ago

Casey
09-03-2016, 01:08 PM
What I am most tired of is people making the same statements in every thread whether they apply or not. Also, it seems that the core group of people only ever reply to each other and ignore other users unless they are attempting to shame them.

ToTheNines
09-03-2016, 03:43 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/47253156.jpg

CyberCubed
09-03-2016, 04:14 PM
This one is better:

http://i.qkme.me/3ul7mk.jpg

snake
09-03-2016, 04:21 PM
A day inside may

BubblyShell22
09-03-2016, 04:41 PM
No, but I think some of the things Cubed says can get kind of stale at times.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-03-2016, 05:40 PM
It's like a family. Dysfunctional, bizarre, ever-shifting alliances.

Or Game of Thrones. That's what this place is. How could it ever get stale or dull?

GAME OF DROMES

Krutch
09-03-2016, 11:10 PM
I miss how it was "back in the day", sure. But even then I wasn't as active as I am now, so.

MikeandRaph87
09-03-2016, 11:13 PM
It's like a family. Dysfunctional, bizarre, ever-shifting alliances.

Or Game of Thrones. That's what this place is. How could it ever get stale or dull?

GAME OF DROMES

I feel like that at work.:trazz:

Btw,will Cybercubed never cease to amaze us in the thread topics he can dream up?

BubblyShell22
09-04-2016, 05:24 PM
No, I don't think he will.

AT-Man
09-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Every time I see someone new to me, I immediately think it's Super Goku or someone else that was banned before. Especially if they seem mild-mannered.

Apparently there are plenty of other people here who post a lot, but they don't hang around in General Forums as much. This just made me realize how little I have been talking about the Turtles in a TMNT forum. Maybe it will change when I finally start reading the IDW Collection #1, but I have some serious catching up to do before I can join any discussions.

CyberCubed
09-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Sometimes I feel like some people have become parodies of themselves.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-04-2016, 06:43 PM
This just made me realize how little I have been talking about the Turtles in a TMNT forum.

Same here... I haven't cared about the TMNT since Turtles Forever.

Powder
09-04-2016, 06:47 PM
I like that our community is this way. There are of course some people I'd rather not see :tlol: but all in all, yeah, it's like a big dysfunctional (yet happy) family.

Apparently there are plenty of other people here who post a lot, but they don't hang around in General Forums as much. This just made me realize how little I have been talking about the Turtles in a TMNT forum. Maybe it will change when I finally start reading the IDW Collection #1, but I have some serious catching up to do before I can join any discussions.

I don't wanna say it blows my mind but it's certainly perplexing how many people here actively post about everything but TMNT.

Prowler
09-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I like that our community is this way. There are of course some people I'd rather not see :tlol: but all in all, yeah, it's like a big dysfunctional (yet happy) family.

I don't wanna say it blows my mind but it's certainly perplexing how many people here actively post about everything but TMNT.
Many of the older users just outgrew the Turtles, I guess.

Powder
09-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Not necessarily the turtles, but the forum itself. I'm still in touch with a lot of the older/veteran posters through Facebook. We talk turtles still. I guess they just don't have time for more than their immediate social networks or something, having babies & stuff.

Jester
09-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Sometimes I feel like some people have become parodies of themselves.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

ToTheNines
09-04-2016, 07:29 PM

Same here. This is the only place online I discuss Marvel movies, and I enjoy bull sh*tting in the GD section, but if I ever have my fill of TMNT you definitely won't be seeing me around here.

snake
09-04-2016, 08:04 PM
I love the GD honestly. The tmnt sections I post in but aren't as fun

CyberCubed
09-04-2016, 09:10 PM
This is really the only good place on the entire internet to discuss TMNT with people who actually know things about the franchise. You go to other random comic or cartoon websites most of them say stuff like, "Oh I remember TMNT from my childhood and I liked the one with the red bandana!" or "I've seen a few episodes of the new cartoon or IDW comic but I'm far behind, etc." It seems nobody anywhere else knows anything about TMNT besides whatever nostalgia they have for the original cartoon and toys/videogames from the 90's.

There's also the tumblr Nick TMNT fandom, but its mostly for young teenagers and female shippers. I sometimes lurk it merely out of curiosity.

Ninjinister
09-04-2016, 09:22 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

You owe me a cup of tea, Jest. Laughed so hard I bumped it off me desk.

snake
09-04-2016, 10:23 PM
This is really the only good place on the entire internet to discuss TMNT with people who actually know things about the franchise. You go to other random comic or cartoon websites most of them say stuff like, "Oh I remember TMNT from my childhood and I liked the one with the red bandana!" or "I've seen a few episodes of the new cartoon or IDW comic but I'm far behind, etc." It seems nobody anywhere else knows anything about TMNT besides whatever nostalgia they have for the original cartoon and toys/videogames from the 90's.

There's also the tumblr Nick TMNT fandom, but its mostly for young teenagers and female shippers. I sometimes lurk it merely out of curiosity.

Riiiight. "Mere curiosity"

We all know you ship Raph and Leo, just admit it already

TheCanadiandrome
09-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Honestly though the same can be said about threads being made, why's it the same guy making threads all the time? Isn't it getting stale? Haha

Spike Spiegel
09-04-2016, 10:50 PM

I feel the same way. I like IDW and my Ultimate Collections of Mirage, but I don't buy the monthlies and I never watched more than one episode of the Nick show. The only reason I bothered with IDW is because my library had it.

This place has a unique identity (and..."flavor"?) as a forum that keeps bringing me back.

CyberCubed
09-04-2016, 11:07 PM
I feel the same way. I like IDW and my Ultimate Collections of Mirage, but I don't buy the monthlies and I never watched more than one episode of the Nick show. The only reason I bothered with IDW is because my library had it.

This is a real shame. The IDW comic has been firing on all cylinders lately and the majority of eps of the Nick cartoon are quite fun and entertaining.

Not counting the Bay movies, this is the best time to be a TMNT fan in years.

snake
09-04-2016, 11:17 PM
This is a real shame. The IDW comic has been firing on all cylinders lately and the majority of eps of the Nick cartoon are quite fun and entertaining.

Not counting the Bay movies, this is the best time to be a TMNT fan in years.

That's subjective

CyberCubed
09-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Not really.

ToTheNines
09-05-2016, 04:39 AM
This is a real shame. The IDW comic has been firing on all cylinders lately

Phyche. It's been pretty bad ever since Vengeance ended (Vengeance wasn't that good either, just had an awesome finale). The Leatherhead arc was good though.

But Universe should be awesome, and hopefully the ongoing picks it up before they completely waste Dave Watcher.

Spike Spiegel
09-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Phyche. It's been pretty bad ever since Vengeance ended (Vengeance wasn't that good either, just had an awesome finale). The Leatherhead arc was good though.

But Universe should be awesome, and hopefully the ongoing picks it up before they completely waste Dave Watcher.

Interestingly enough, my library only had up to Vengeance Part 1 in terms of the trade paperbacks. It felt like they were building towards a City at War-esque finale.

IDW Ghostbusters compelled me to spend money on everything up until its current volume, but not this. I'd rather get Volume 6 of the Ultimate Collections.

ToTheNines
09-05-2016, 07:40 AM
I would HIGHLY recommend reading Vengeance part 2. Epic stuff.

CyberCubed
09-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Phyche. It's been pretty bad ever since Vengeance ended (Vengeance wasn't that good either, just had an awesome finale). The Leatherhead arc was good though..

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I quite enjoy what they're doing with the Street Phantoms so far. I also liked that brief arc Mike had with Hob and the Mutanimals around #53-55. I do agree the Leatherhead/Utrom arc was the highlight of everything post #50.

Jennika sucks though.

ToTheNines
09-05-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm very serious. I did like the Mike/Mutanimals stuff ok, just wasn't big on the art for that arc.

Like you said Jennika sucks. #52, #55, #59 & #61 are easy picks to join the Eastman issue to make a pretty stanky "Top 5 worst" list. That's a lot of duds in one year, especially considering how on fire they were in 2014-15.

CyberCubed
09-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Well the IDW comic is written for trade format, of course if you just look at a single issue individually its going to seem like not much is happening. I prefer to look at it as the 3-4 issue story arcs it is.

I meant its taken them over 12 issues to finally delve into the Street Phantoms and Darius despite being introduced in issue #51. And Bishop's cameo is finally being explored in the Universe series. And the Pantheon stuff is obviously the overall plot that probably won't end till issue #100.

If anything the problem is they introduced too many new characters too quickly after issue #50.

sdp
09-10-2016, 02:45 PM
All communities end up similar, people who like one thing start chatting, they become friends, their tastes change but they remain in the same place where they're used to. This happened a lot in communities I joined since I was a kid. Sometimes it would make me made mad to see a big community not talk about the actual community was about.

Communities also change over the years and you become fond of what the community was when you joined/had your best times there and always want to go back to that time. The drome was a very different place 10 years ago for example. And yes you get used to the way people post but that's pretty much everywhere in life; You know what your co-workers or family are going to say about certain topics. And you miss people in your community when they leave, even if you don't like them (for the most part) because you were so used to seeing them.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Well the IDW comic is written for trade format, of course if you just look at a single issue individually its going to seem like not much is happening. I prefer to look at it as the 3-4 issue story arcs it is.

I meant its taken them over 12 issues to finally delve into the Street Phantoms and Darius despite being introduced in issue #51. And Bishop's cameo is finally being explored in the Universe series. And the Pantheon stuff is obviously the overall plot that probably won't end till issue #100.

If anything the problem is they introduced too many new characters too quickly after issue #50.

Wow, Cubed and I share the same point of view?

Whenever I don't like a particular issue or feel let down, I have to remind myself: "Will I feel differently when I read it in a trade?"

The answer, except for "Casey & April" and the Eastman annuals, has always turned out to be yes.

snake
09-10-2016, 03:00 PM
The only issue that I felt really satisfied with as it's own thing, was I believe 39, where Bebop and Rocksteady fought the Mutinanimals and the turtles. So badass.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 03:28 PM
The only issue that I felt really satisfied with as it's own thing, was I believe 39, where Bebop and Rocksteady fought the Mutinanimals and the turtles. So badass.

One of my favorite arcs. :tgrin:

Zak The Neutrino
09-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Is this a self reflection thread for you cubed? You say a lot of the same things and only being here a short time I can read a new thread and predict what you are going to come in and say. :D

Prowler
09-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Is this a self reflection thread for you cubed? You say a lot of the same things and only being here a short time I can read a new thread and predict what you are going to come in and say. :D
Yes, he had become way too predictable and a parody of himself. until 2014 or so, people were still in doubts if he was a troll or being dead serious.

Andrew NDB
09-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Yes, he had become way too predictable and a parody of himself. until 2014 or so, people were still in doubts if he was a troll or being dead serious.

He had me going until around then. Now it's all rather commendable.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-12-2016, 11:52 AM
make cybercubed great again

ToTheNines
09-12-2016, 11:55 AM
He never was.

Prowler
09-12-2016, 11:58 AM
He had me going until around then. Now it's all rather commendable.
Except you've never seemed upset/angry at him, unlike many other users here who have had frustrating arguments with him in the past.

The last great heel moment of CyberCubed was the Ebonics thread.

Zak The Neutrino
09-12-2016, 12:06 PM
make cubed great again

Yeah lets get cubed back to firing on all cylinders.

Prowler
09-12-2016, 12:08 PM
I don't know what the hell happened this Summer, but this place sure got weird in the last 2-3 months.

Well, it was a pretty hot Summer...

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Whatever the case, I'm a hardcore TMNT fan with hardcore views on TMNT. Its only here in the non-TMNT forums I fool around.

Whatever I say in the cartoon and comic sections I'm being 100% serious.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2016, 01:34 PM
You must pick up a lot of ladies with that line, 'Cubed.
"I may fool around in General Discussion, but rest assured, when it comes to the TMNT forums I'm hardcore."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-12-2016, 01:37 PM
You must pick up a lot of ladies with that line, 'Cubed.
"I may fool around in General Discussion, but rest assured, when it comes to the TMNT forums I'm hardcore."

Geek in the TMNT forum, freak in the General Discussion? :tlol:

snake
09-12-2016, 01:47 PM
hardcore cubed action

Commenter 42
09-12-2016, 01:48 PM
Geek in the TMNT forum, freak in the General Discussion? :tlol:

http://www.frumsatire.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/group_clapping.jpg

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 03:45 PM
I am being bullied on the internets!!!!!!!111111!!!!1

Don't you guys know that I have feelings? I am a really sensitive person once you get to know me!

Commenter 42
09-12-2016, 04:27 PM
I am being bullied on the internets!!!!!!!111111!!!!1

Don't you guys know that I have feelings? I am a really sensitive person once you get to know me!

I'd like to hug it out, but if we did, I'm afraid I'd break you.

Allio
09-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Do I have a stereotype or cliche?

Cure
09-12-2016, 06:34 PM
You're a weeb.

MikeandRaph87
09-12-2016, 06:39 PM
You're a weeb.

Ah,we found the cure!

Zak The Neutrino
09-12-2016, 06:42 PM
hardcore cubed action

Haha this needs to be a thread tag.

snake
09-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Haha this needs to be a thread tag.

Lol it is now :lol:

Allio
09-12-2016, 06:46 PM
You're a weeb.

But I have never used "arigatou desu sempai" unironically. So that can't be it. I use less Japanese than I use Spanish, and that's only to say thank you and "my name is library"

snake
09-12-2016, 06:48 PM
But I have never used "arigatou desu sempai" unironically. So that can't be it.

You post on 4chan. That alone qualifies :lol:

Allio
09-12-2016, 06:58 PM
If that was the case, half this forum would be weebs

Oh wait NINJA turtles

Cure
09-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Yo, why ask if you're gonna get all defensive?

Allio
09-12-2016, 07:16 PM
There is absolutely nothing I could say that wouldn't sound "defensive."

Also read as: it's a joke

Aka: human nature

Tl:dr bananas

snake
09-12-2016, 07:17 PM
alliong

D8cvgQJFDeo

Cure
09-12-2016, 07:19 PM
There is absolutely nothing I could say that wouldn't sound "defensive."

Also read as: it's a joke

Aka: human nature

Tl:dr bananas

Well, alright. You got me.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2016, 07:23 PM
alliong

I've never seen anime. Is this what it's all like?

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 07:25 PM

Yes, all anime now is waifu and lesbian pandering.

snake
09-12-2016, 07:25 PM

98.7% of it

Allio
09-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Perhaps you should look into non casual-*hit.

Just saying, you can find some great stuff if you look

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Perhaps you should look into non casual-*hit

Does Dragonball Super count?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Yes, all anime now is waifu and lesbian pandering.

98.7% of it

Very interesting!

Incidentally - who knew so many great tags could go in one thread?

snake
09-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Perhaps you should look into non casual-*hit

Yeah, I'm a pleb when it comes to animu. I've seen most of the essentials, and enjoyed the hell out of them (Cowboy Bebop, EVA, Akira, TTGL, Fullmetal Alchemist, ect) and I've enjoyed other shows (KlK, Jojo, K-On, Watamote, ect) SoL stuff is fun but there's too much of it IMO. I guess it's just that cheap to produce

I read One Piece too. Love that sh*t.

Allio
09-12-2016, 07:30 PM

That's like the very definition of casual

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Some guy was watching Death Note on his laptop in class once and I sorta watched frm over his shoulder. That was some pretty weird sh!t there. Is the remaining 1.3% like that?

snake
09-12-2016, 07:31 PM

>Toei
>ever

Allio
09-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I'm a pleb when it comes to animu. I've seen most of the essentials, and enjoyed the hell out of them (Cowboy Bebop, EVA, Akira, TTGL, Fullmetal Alchemist, ect) and I've enjoyed other shows (KlK, Jojo, K-On, Watamote, ect) SoL stuff is fun but there's too much of it IMO. I guess it's just that cheap to produce

Nowadays I'm not into anime as much as I used to be; not since getting into tokusatsu. My "getting into anime" is usually going to a site and looking into different genres (liking digging through the horror genre- it's how I found Franken Fran]

Powder
09-12-2016, 08:02 PM

Gross. I don't wanna knock the DB franchise on a whole but that particular is creatively bankrupt & has some of the worst animation around these days.

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Gross. I don't wanna knock the DB franchise on a whole but that particular is creatively bankrupt & has some of the worst animation around these days.

The quality of the show skyrocketed once the Goku black arc started. The writing and animation improved tremendously from the first batch of episode.

ToTheNines
09-12-2016, 08:06 PM

Samurai Champloo?

Powder
09-12-2016, 08:10 PM
The quality of the show skyrocketed once the Goku black arc started. The writing and animation improved tremendously from the first batch of episode.

Oh? I'll take your word for it, then. Still, at least visually, it pales in comparison to past iterations. A real shame.

Allio
09-12-2016, 08:11 PM
While not anime, I recently have gotten into the puppet show thunderbolt fantasy. Now that's fun. Then again, it is produced by Pili

snake
09-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Samurai Champloo?

I've been meaning to. The music from it is f*cking great though.

Zak The Neutrino
09-12-2016, 09:29 PM
I've been meaning to. The music from it is f*cking great though.

Yeah it is. I think I have a few of the songs on my iTunes.

Prowler
09-12-2016, 11:53 PM

I still haven't seen Akira form the essential ones you've mentioned. Didnt' like TTGl much and dropped it at episode 9 or so.

Samurai Champloo is another classic I haven't gotten around to watch it yet, and I didn't watch Ghost in the Shell until 2014.

Btw, I recommed you Kaiji. :)

Zak The Neutrino
09-13-2016, 12:06 AM
We need an anime thread. I just got done watching Soul Eater and thought it was pretty good.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:10 AM
We need an anime thread. I just got done watching Soul Eater and thought it was pretty good.
There's one already.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 01:21 AM
I've watched a small handful of anime series in my time, the most recent ones are Madoka and Attack on Titan, but I've never gotten into anime heavily.

I just don't want to become one of those anime weaboo's. I feel like if you watch too much anime, there is no going back. I need to stay in moderation.

Powder
09-13-2016, 01:42 AM
I just don't want to become one of those anime weaboo's. I feel like if you watch too much anime, there is no going back. I need to stay in moderation.

It's true, & you never see it coming.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 02:25 AM
I've watched a small handful of anime series in my time, the most recent ones are Madoka and Attack on Titan, but I've never gotten into anime heavily.

You only become a weaboo if you star shouting Japanese words in public or if you suddenly think Japan is heaven on Earth and you wish you were Japanese. I've watched plenty anime and I've never become like that. No one could look at me and think "I bet this guy watches anime/manga".

Japanophilia has a long history in Europe and North America anyway. It certainly pre-dates anime/manga. In the 80s/90s, anime was still fairly unknown in our part of the world, despite some series such as Saint Seiya, Speed Racer, Captain Tsubasa and later DBZ and Pokémon, achieving moderate to high success in several European countries. Most people have watched a popular anime or two in the past, but that doesn't make them anime fans by default.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 03:14 AM
Its kind of funny TMNT is based on Japanese culture, and this was in the 80's way before the anime boom hit the U.S.

Peter Laird and Kevin don't know anything about anime, especially back in the early 80's when they created TMNT. Kevin was influenced by Bruce Lee films, but imagine if they were anime fans?

It amuses me greatly TMNT is so Japanese influenced but pre-dates the anime boom by 10+ years in the U.S. Otherwise Kevin and Pete would have been anime weaboo's.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 03:57 AM
Its kind of funny TMNT is based on Japanese culture, and this was in the 80's way before the anime boom hit the U.S.

Peter Laird and Kevin don't know anything about anime, especially back in the early 80's when they created TMNT. Kevin was influenced by Bruce Lee films, but imagine if they were anime fans?

It amuses me greatly TMNT is so Japanese influenced but pre-dates the anime boom by 10+ years in the U.S. Otherwise Kevin and Pete would have been anime weaboo's.
Yes, the TMNT felt quite exotic back then due to that, imo. Plus, them having Italian names made the whole thing more odd.

I don't think the TMNT really honored Japanese culture much anyway. Especially not the Fred Wolf series. They made Sushi look gross, which is kinda funny in retrospective since Sushi nowadays is considered to be a hip food among foodies.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 11:30 AM
It's even funnier because Bruce Lee was Chinese, and not Japanese.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 11:40 AM
It's even funnier because Bruce Lee was Chinese, and not Japanese.
Just like some japanese restaurants in my city are actually ran by chinese. But ofc, dumb whitey can't tell them apart.

Allio
09-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Just like some japanese restaurants in my city are actually an by chinese. But ofc, dumb whitey can't tell them apart.

what's the explanation with chinese restaurants with black staff members?

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:23 PM
what's the explanation with chinese restaurants with black staff members?
Never seen or heard of such thing here.

This time I went to Spain or France(forgot where. it was a long time ago) we went to a Chinese restaurant... the staff was ENTIRELY white.

Allio
09-13-2016, 12:24 PM

Cyber honey, I hate to break it to you, but there is a lot of things that has to go wrong before you become a weaboo.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:37 PM
I've met several people who like anime to some degree and none of them have been weaboos. Just ordinary folk. No one where I live cares enough if you're into anime or not. They'll either like it or have no idea what it is "oh those chinese toons?"

DBZ is like a religion here, though.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 12:38 PM
Cyber honey, I hate to break it to you, but there is a lot of things that has to go wrong before you become a weaboo.

Well, why don't you tell me, Allio? You have an avatar from a lesbian hentai and I'm sure you've watched all kinds of shows over there years.

From anime nowadays all I see people talking about is that Love Live stuff but I am not into idol girls or shows where girls just walk around doing cute things.

The only anime I'm currently following is Dragonball Super besides Pokemon. I'd like to watch something new though.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Well, why don't you tell me, Allio? You have an avatar from a lesbian hentai and I'm sure you've watched all kinds of shows over there years.

From anime nowadays all I see people talking about is that Love Live stuff but I am not into idol girls or shows where girls just walk around doing cute things.

The only anime I'm currently following is Dragonball Super besides Pokemon. I'd like to watch something new though.
Says the guy who wrote A Day Inside May. :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Sigh.

I liked this thread better when nobody was talking about anime.

I DON'T KNOW ANIME. I don't even know enough about anime to mock it. :tsad:

EDIT: I do know enough to mock Cubed, though! :twink:

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Sigh.

I liked this thread better when nobody was talking about anime.

EDIT: I do know enough to mock Cubed, though! :twink:
I like anime and even I don't like the turn this thread has taken.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 12:46 PM
I like anime and even I don't like the turn this thread has taken.

If we both mock Cubed, we'll get it back on track.

Or maybe somebody should summon Goku.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 12:48 PM
We should organize a thing for next April 1 where six or seven well-known users come out as Goku accounts

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Jesus please don't even mention Goku.

...OK let me make a wrestling PPV card for the Drome

Powder vs. Goku and Mew on 2-1 handicap match

Plastroncafe vs. snake in a verbal debate

Cylons vs.... I dunno Papenbrook maybe in a submission match

Main event: CyberCubed vs. ToTheNines in a Steel Cage match for the World Title

Oh well I did my best.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 12:52 PM
k:

Man, I wish I didn't know anime. Japan sexualizes young girls way too much and gets way with it.

If it happened in the U.S. people would be jailed or fined.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Why do a couple of new tags pop up in every thread? Seriously who keeps doing these? I thought it was just ToTheNines at first but he can't be the only one, right?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Powder vs. Goku and Mew

Mew... effin' Mew. The very name makes my blood boil!
Didn't we find out Mew was Goku or something? Or that Etsy was Mew? I still am unclear on that...

Prowler
09-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Didn't we find out Mew was Goku or something? Or that Etsy was Mew? I still am unclear on that...
Dunno and I guess you could form a tag team with Powder to fight them off.

Zak The Neutrino
09-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Why do a couple of new tags pop up in every thread? Seriously who keeps doing these? I thought it was just ToTheNines at first but he can't be the only one, right?

Not sure. I tried putting on in once and it told I didn't have proper access. I actually think some of them are pretty funny.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Dunno and I guess you could form a tag team with Powder to fight them off.

It would be an easy match...

https://media.giphy.com/media/gw3zMXiPDkOyVBsc/200.gif

Zak The Neutrino
09-13-2016, 12:59 PM

So Mew and Etsy followed me to another forum. I started to think they were the same person so I ran their IP's and they are completely different. So I don't think so.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:03 PM
So Mew and Etsy followed me to another forum. I started to think they were the same person so I ran their IP's and they are completely different. So I don't think so.
lolwat really

Allio
09-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Man, I wish I didn't know anime. Japan sexualizes young girls way too much and gets way with it.

You should see french anime and how much fetishes they put in their shows.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Jesus please don't even mention Goku.

...OK let me make a wrestling PPV card for the Drome

Powder vs. Goku and Mew on 2-1 handicap match

Plastroncafe vs. snake in a verbal debate

Cylons vs.... I dunno Papenbrook maybe in a submission match

Main event: CyberCubed vs. ToTheNines in a Steel Cage match for the World Title

Oh well I did my best.

I wouldn't fight. I love Papen. She kickstarts the BEST threads, which always melt down into epic trolling, shtick, insults, and witty banter. :tlol: I see one of her new threads, and it's open bar and some rich schmuck just yelled "Drinks on me!"

As for PC versus Snake, those are great. And Cubed versus ToTheNines... you might as well dip a koala in marmalade and throw it into a cage with a rabid grizzly bear. Just cruelty on a heretofore-unknown-scale.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Tbh I think Japan is the only hope we have at the Turtles having a more mature animated series. Hand a Japanese studio Mirage's first volume and ask them to make a 4-5 part animated adaptation of it. The results could be very satisfactory.

I wouldn't fight. I love Papen. She kickstarts the BEST threads, which always melt down into epic trolling, shtick, insults, and witty banter. :tlol: I see one of her new threads, and it's open bar and some rich schmuck just yelled "Drinks on me!"

As for PC versus Snake, those are great. And Cubed versus ToTheNines... you might as well dip a koala in marmalade and throw it into a cage with a rabid grizzly bear. Just cruelty on a heretofore-unknown-scale.
Plus TTN is 6'2 and Cubed is 5'6. It'd be like Rey Mysterio facing Triple H

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 01:07 PM
They were fun up until I learned about the age disparity.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 01:08 PM
We should organize a thing for next April 1 where six or seven well-known users come out as Goku accounts

I LOVE that idea. But you guys do it... I'm afraid we'd all just get banned and not be allowed to come back even though we're jumping up and down screaming "We're not really Goku, we're Cylons/SkeletonMan/Snake!"

Don't help them show you to the door, lest they lock it behind you. :trazz:

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:09 PM
It would be an easy match...

https://media.giphy.com/media/gw3zMXiPDkOyVBsc/200.gif
Lol where is that from? Is that really Sting?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 01:12 PM
It's a Sprite ad from long ago. A kid drinks Sprite and tries to fight Sting, but he's destroyed, as you can see.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 01:12 PM
I LOVE that idea. But you guys do it... I'm afraid we'd all just get banned and not be allowed to come back even though we're jumping up and down screaming "We're not really Goku, we're Cylons/SkeletonMan/Snake!"

Don't help them show you to the door, lest they lock it behind you. :trazz:

I was thinking the same thing... we could PM a mod in advance, lol. Maybe even get one of them to join in.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:18 PM
It's a Sprite ad from long ago. A kid drinks Sprite and tries to fight Sting, but he's destroyed, as you can see.
Wow seriously? how the hell could an ad like that not garner outrage considering you see a grown man beating up a kid? :lol:

And what was the point, anyway? If you drink Sprite, you'll get crazy enough to pick up a fight with someone due to all the sugar in it or something?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Because everyone knows that wrestling is fake.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Because everyone knows that wrestling is fake.
W-wait WHAT?! :teek::teek::teek:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 01:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing... we could PM a mod in advance, lol. Maybe even get one of them to join in.

You're a damn genius. Stop making me look bad! :tlol:

I LOVE this idea.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 01:23 PM
W-wait WHAT?! :teek::teek::teek:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/50ae3b3525c02603b15e5c4b51d7490b/tumblr_ngihi38QXY1qks4szo1_r3_500.gif

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:23 PM
2j65DpagyhI

Pretty funny how the kid's parents just laughed at it :lol:

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 01:29 PM
You're a damn genius. Stop making me look bad! :tlol:

I LOVE this idea.

We'll shelve it 'till around March or so. For now, I'm going to conduct research on Goku's mannerisms...

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:30 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/50ae3b3525c02603b15e5c4b51d7490b/tumblr_ngihi38QXY1qks4szo1_r3_500.gif
x6CCMiPTMSs

Zak The Neutrino
09-13-2016, 01:45 PM
lolwat really

Yeah they saw Snake and I talking about another forum in one of the threads. They are still lurking and reading here. They just can't post anymore.

ToTheNines
09-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Plus TTN is 6'2 and Cubed is 5'6. It'd be like Rey Mysterio facing Triple H

Hey, size matters not, and that mother fuc*er is crazy.

That being said...

i8I43bF840s

snake
09-13-2016, 02:37 PM
They were fun up until I learned about the age disparity.

You felt pretty pathetic getting your ass handed to you by a 14 year old, right?

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 02:38 PM
You should see french anime and how much fetishes they put in their shows.

OK I'm interested, any youtube clips?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Felt more like child abuse.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 02:40 PM

Or a Catholic school? Were you making a "habit" of it?

<crickets>

snake
09-13-2016, 02:40 PM

Which I'm sure you advocate in some way, shape, or form. (Just like you do incest)

Nothing can suprise me anymore.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Or a Catholic school? Were you making a "habit" of it?

<crickets>

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/05/02/635978243639990887-440252511_14.gif

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 02:44 PM
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/05/02/635978243639990887-440252511_14.gif

But MOOOOOOOOM!!!

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 02:57 PM
People are losing their minds. I think everyone just automatically becomes dumber the longer they stay here.

Look at how many people on this forum have had mental breakdowns and quit already. Everytime I turn around another person is saying they had a mental breakdown.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Which I'm sure you advocate in some way, shape, or form. (Just like you do incest)

Nothing can suprise me anymore.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/RHiD0K65NxxLO/200_s.gif

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 03:05 PM
People are losing their minds. I think everyone just automatically becomes dumber the longer they stay here.

Look at how many people on this forum have had mental breakdowns and quit already. Everytime I turn around another person is saying they had a mental breakdown.

You've been here longer than anybody, right? :tgrin:

Allio
09-13-2016, 03:06 PM
OK I'm interested, any youtube clips?

you telling me you never seen Totally spies?

snake
09-13-2016, 03:11 PM

Totally Spies I'm 100% positive has a fetish per episode quota that must be filled or the show gets canned

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 03:15 PM

I remember seeing/hearing about it when it aired on Cartoon Network a few years back, never really sat down and watched it. Aside from the girls in skin tight outfits, what fetishes does it have?

There's no real anime-type fanservice. I'm sure the girls don't fondle each others boobs like in the Japanese animu. Only the Japanese are allowed to sexualize girls under the age of 18.

Andrew NDB
09-13-2016, 03:18 PM

Twenty years on the Technodrome... we've seen what promises are worth. How many sane members are left? How many stayed that way?

Allio
09-13-2016, 03:48 PM
I remember seeing/hearing about it when it aired on Cartoon Network a few years back, never really sat down and watched it. Aside from the girls in skin tight outfits, what fetishes does it have?

There's no real anime-type fanservice. I'm sure the girls don't fondle each others boobs like in the Japanese animu. Only the Japanese are allowed to sexualize girls under the age of 18.

you have no idea how fetishes work, do you? as for some of the fetish it does; obviously you got "leather/spandex" you also got "feet" you have expansion, you have inflation, you have furry, etc etc.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Okay, this is going over a furry cliff now. :teek:

Can we pleeeeeeease get back to making fun of Cubed instead?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 03:58 PM
I dunno, letting him speak seems to be the best sure-fire way to get that particular job done.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 04:51 PM
you have no idea how fetishes work, do you? as for some of the fetish it does; obviously you got "leather/spandex" you also got "feet" you have expansion, you have inflation, you have furry, etc etc.

But what specific scenes are there? I don't think Totally Spies had any real fanservice, it was aimed at kids.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 05:19 PM
And kids can't possibly be fans.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 05:20 PM
And kids can't possibly be fans.

Of course they can't be - deep down they only want the toys! Everyone knows that!
Or at least that's what the network executives would have you believe.

Candy Kappa
09-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Cartoons are just toy commercials that teaches you how to play correctly with your toys.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Dang and all these years I've been doing it wrong. Well that just sucks..... Now I have to start all over!!

Prowler
09-13-2016, 10:12 PM

Many people here are kinda new to the internet or not your typical internet "nerd" or "neckbeard" who lives on it 24/7. So this is like the only online community they're a part of. Notice how most people here are quite normal?