PDA

View Full Version : Nycc 2016

ToTheNines
09-03-2016, 06:27 PM
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/evil-dead-exorcist-tmnt-syfy-more-coming-expanded-nycc-2016

Theme is "Rise of The Super Shredder". Panel is Friday, October 7th at 2:45 pm.

I think it's safe to say they'll show episode 420 here, then resume season 4 that Sunday. I might try to attend this year, anyone else going?

Powder
09-03-2016, 06:32 PM
I think it's safe to say they'll show episode 420 here

http://i64.tinypic.com/534cy8.png

snake
09-03-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm going! I'll be at the panel for sure!

ToTheNines
09-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Dang, everything's already sold out except Thursday lol. Maybe next year...

CyberCubed
09-03-2016, 07:22 PM
I wonder why they keep doing so many of these panels. Its obvious at this point they don't want to reveal much about upcoming episodes anymore, so they always turn out disappointing. Also this late in the game the "newness" factor of the voice actors discussing the show has sort of worn off, because we know what to expect.

Autbot_Benz
09-03-2016, 07:24 PM
I honestly thought this topic was one of Matteso's 20 questions that he wants answered at every con that nobody asks. :lol: guess I was wrong.

matteso586
09-04-2016, 07:58 AM
I honestly thought this topic was one of Matteso's 20 questions that he wants answered at every con that nobody asks. :lol: guess I was wrong.

Yeah, nobody ever bothers to ask questions that would potentially fill plot holes. And thanks for the idea. I'll post some questions now.

1) How did Karai and Shinigami meet?

2) Have you ever wanted the Turtles to make enemies with the US government, like in the 2003 series?

3) When Rook mentioned how Subprime stole "her body", she referred the suit as she. And from the tone of voice, does that imply that Rook views the Irma suit as her daughter?

4) With the Kraang gone, what's going to happen to TCRI?

5) Did you cast Tom Kenny as Rockwell just to make his backstory remind us of the Ice King? And yes, I know the mind being primitive doesn't always mean insanity.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-04-2016, 09:03 AM
Your questions seem to largely just for spoilers.

5) Did you cast Tom Kenny as Rockwell just to make his backstory remind us of the Ice King?

:trolleye:

matteso586
09-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Your questions seem to largely just for spoilers.

:trolleye:

Its just that the show tends to leave a lot of plot holes.

Also, it seems many of Tom Kenny's voice roles have a backstory that involves losing their minds. Remember Simon Petrikov?

pannoni1
09-04-2016, 10:08 AM
I find that the best conventions allow you to discovering some of the new and overlooked material for anything, and this could simply come down to a panel about the ten best G1 Transformers episode, even if the presenter was never affiliated with the franchise. Of course, a convention in one of the most crowded cities on Earth at a venue that only can hold so much means that not everyone will have a chance to attend, and those that do will expect a high price as a result. The best bet was to incorporate TMNT as part of a general Nick panel along with their other shows, and save the headlining panels for a bigger milestone such as the 35th anniversary, a third movie, or a final season. It will be best enjoyed like it would be, with first person commentary, photos, and perhaps video clips.

Unworthy tinker
09-04-2016, 12:38 PM

Also, it seems many of Tom Kenny's voice roles have a backstory that involves losing their minds. Remember Simon Petrikov?

I understand that you said most, but care to elaborate? All I can think of aside from Rockwell and Ice King are nicktoons, especially Spongebob.

srmff
09-04-2016, 04:49 PM

They're not plot holes. They're just not relevant or essential information to know. It's not necessary for us to know how Shinigami and Karai met. It might be interesting but it's not essential and not knowing doesn't mean that the plot doesn't make sense. An example of a plot hole is the solar system is destroyed so all the people on Earth move to Mars. Those questions wouldn't rectify any plot holes.

tmntsplinterfan1997
09-05-2016, 06:46 PM
I was wondering when will Super Shredder make his appearance.

matteso586
09-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Does anyone think it would be okay to ask if Dr. Feral is just a one-off mention?

And would it be adorable if they show concept artwork of 6 year old April?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Oh yeah, you're the guy who wondered if they had a '3D movel lying around' of 6-year old April...

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2zy8mdy.jpg

Powder
09-06-2016, 12:56 PM

https://d1sui4xqepm0ps.cloudfront.net/categories/chris-hansen-meme?foo=bar

matteso586
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
https://d1sui4xqepm0ps.cloudfront.net/categories/chris-hansen-meme?foo=bar

I don't even know that that image means.

Autbot_Benz
09-06-2016, 06:27 PM

that is Chris Hanson from NBC's to catch a preadator he would catch pedophiles. Your obsession with seeing artwork of 6 yr old april makes you come off as a bit creepy

CyberCubed
09-06-2016, 06:52 PM
16 year old April is still underage.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-06-2016, 06:53 PM
16 year old April is still underage.

Thanks for the heads-up, Sherlock.

snake
09-06-2016, 07:03 PM

That's not what these chat logs say

ToTheNines
09-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Why don't you have a seat over there, Matteso?

matteso586
09-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Now that the break has started, here are my new questions.

1) Did you predict that fans are going to become concerned and/or suspicious of Pigeon Pete's absence?

2) Was Kevin Conroy originally considered to be the one voicing Wingnut?

3) Without spoiling anything, what's the inside of April's head like?

4) Why can't April's nightmares be about any lost memories of her childhood?

5) Is Mutant Gangland the last we'll see of the anti-mutant weapons?

snake
09-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Now that the break has started, here are my new questions.

1) Did you predict that fans are going to become concerned and/or suspicious of Pigeon Pete's absence?

2) Was Kevin Conroy originally considered to be the one voicing Wingnut?

3) Without spoiling anything, what's the inside of April's head like?

4) Why can't April's nightmares be about any lost memories of her childhood?

5) Is Mutant Gangland the last we'll see of the anti-mutant weapons?

1. No, not really

2. Decent question

3. What the f*ck does that even mean?

4. Again with the kid April stuff. Creepy

5. Spoiler question

snake
09-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Woah, woah, woah

Is Matteso actually at the panels every year? I need to see what this guy looks like.

Autbot_Benz
09-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Woah, woah, woah

Is Matteso actually at the panels every year? I need to see what this guy looks like.

nah he just asks questions on here every year hoping they will get answered by someone at the con. NEWS FLASH they never get answered.

CyberCubed
09-11-2016, 07:00 PM
The only real important question to ask is if the show is going to continue beyond Season 5. We need to know what the future of the series is. Will it get renewed?

snake
09-11-2016, 07:18 PM
nah he just asks questions on here every year hoping they will get answered by someone at the con. NEWS FLASH they never get answered.

Oof. I was hoping to see him this year :lol:

The only real important question to ask is if the show is going to continue beyond Season 5. We need to know what the future of the series is. Will it get renewed?

If it was renewed they'd make it known

Autbot_Benz
09-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Oof. I was hoping to see him this year :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/MpDB4mH.jpg there you go :lol: