PDA

View Full Version : Who is Doc Feral?

matteso586
09-04-2016, 06:52 PM
After watching Mutant Gangland. And a user pointing out that there's a scientist named Doc Feral in a role playing game. I was intrigued by who this Doc Feral is in this series. So I'm starting a poll with five of my theories. Now take a vote, and comment your reasons.

snake
09-04-2016, 07:02 PM
A throwaway reference for the hardcore fans, like Ace Duck

Bitsy83
09-04-2016, 07:10 PM

God, I hope not. Do you know how long I've been waiting for an episode where a scientist NOT working with the Kraang wants to experiment on the Turtles? I mean, they're genetically altered, highly-intelligent (at least smart enough to talk and stuff) beings that used to be common based turtles! There isn't a scientist on the planet who would pass up a chance to study that!

Still, I am concerned this will be one-shot since we're approaching the end of the season and the magic arc is coming up season 5. I really wanted some sort of scientists capture one of the turtles sort of deal. They could even do that issue from Archie where it shows Mikey with the bandages around his eyes? Wasn't that sort of what was going on?

Andrew NDB
09-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Kevin Eastman created him for the Palladium RPG. He was also the basis for Doctor Quease in NT:TNM.

Powder
09-04-2016, 07:30 PM

I assume the same.

VaughnMichael
09-04-2016, 07:31 PM
I really hope not as Feral or Quease or characters I'd like to see in this series.

Andrew NDB
09-04-2016, 07:33 PM
It's probably just a throwaway reference. They can't literally include Doc Feral in name for the same reason NT:TNM couldn't: they'd have to pay the Palladium folks.

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-04-2016, 08:00 PM
They could use Quease, though

CyberCubed
09-04-2016, 08:26 PM
If they ever introduce a character with that name it'll be a brand new character anyway.

Ninjinister
09-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Has anybody actually confirmed that they need to get/buy the rights to folks like Dr. Feral, or is it another one of those things that people just keep saying like Mirage not having the rights to Bebop and Rocksteady?

snake
09-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Has anybody actually confirmed that they need to get/buy the rights to folks like Dr. Feral, or is it another one of those things that people just keep saying like Mirage not having the rights to Bebop and Rocksteady?

Ciro said he has a huge list of characters that he can use. I'm pretty sure if Feral wasn't on it he wouldn't use him.

Ninjinister
09-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Ciro said he has a huge list of characters that he can use. I'm pretty sure if Feral wasn't on it he wouldn't use him.

Well of course. But they're obviously not letting us plebs see the list so unless we weasel the information out of someone who has access to it, we shan't know.

victory_angel
09-04-2016, 10:03 PM
We've already seen Doc Feral in a way. Dr. Victor Falco's character was losely based off Dr. Victor Oban Feral. Both play themselves off as charming and respectable, both become mad and start doing unethical experimentations. And Feral does have mutant rodents as his servants. Namely two rats and a rabbit.

His character in the RPG was that he was respectable towards humans and was the Chairman of a company called BioSpawn. But he didn't see animals particularly sentient ones having any rights...especially the ones he created. He's intensely interested in mutants and when he manages to catch one he would keep them prisoner in his secret lab so he can run experiments on them such as vivisection in order to further his research, or because they have some usefulness to him.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/a/a4/Doctor_Feral_-_The_Genius_of_Bio-Spawn.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/345?cb=20150819224959

It would be awesome if Feral could be included...maybe say he was an inspiration to Falco. But if he can't appear at the very least he'd be fanfic material for the creatives.

Powder
09-04-2016, 11:55 PM

Well, the Dream Beavers were supposed to be Terror Bears, then they came to find they did not own those characters. So if they are a part of the Palladium cast, I guess they all remain with that company.

Raph
09-05-2016, 01:06 AM
Well, the Dream Beavers were supposed to be Terror Bears, then they came to find they did not own those characters. So if they are a part of the Palladium cast, I guess they all remain with that company.

Cool! Didn't know that bit of trivia :)

VaughnMichael
09-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Same with The Creep, he was originally Bloodsucker from the Mirage comics but they had to change it.
Sucks so bad!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-06-2016, 12:53 PM

Dude, Mirage didn't WANT the rights to Bebop and Rocksteady. :tlol:

Entirely different kettle of fish. Laird hates those guys.

Andrew NDB
09-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Dude, Mirage didn't WANT the rights to Bebop and Rocksteady. :tlol:

Entirely different kettle of fish. Laird hates those guys.

Laird should have quietly sold me the rights to Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, the Technodrome and the Turtlevan prior to the Nick sale for $1. So I could sit on them for eternity.

Jephael
09-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Laird should have quietly sold me the rights to Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, the Technodrome and the Turtlevan prior to the Nick sale for $1. So I could sit on them for eternity.

Good God, I dunno who keeps sh*tting in your cereal bowl, but get over it already!!! They're just fictional characters for heaven sake!

Powder
09-06-2016, 07:15 PM

Would've been for the best, so long as you still allowed a bit of merch here & there. :tlol:

TigerClaw
09-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Good God, I dunno who keeps sh*tting in your cereal bowl, but get over it already!!! They're just fictional characters for heaven sake!
I second that also, He only cares about Mirage and nothing more.

Powder
09-06-2016, 07:54 PM
I second that also, He only cares about Mirage and nothing more.

Stop spewing this. The guy has watched every series & has had good things to say about most of them. Selective memory on your part, if not a blind eye.

Commenter 42
09-06-2016, 08:04 PM
R&B could be great characters, done right. I like them in IDW.

TigerClaw
09-06-2016, 08:19 PM
Stop spewing this. The guy has watched every series & has had good things to say about most of them. Selective memory on your part, if not a blind eye.
But he keeps going on about how he hates certain characters from the 80s show, he just needs to stop cause nobody cares.

TigerClaw
09-06-2016, 08:20 PM
R&B could be great characters, done right. I like them in IDW.
B&R are great characters, when you mix there goofy side with there violent and destructive nature, which is why IDW did a good job with them. :)

TigerClaw
09-06-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm also curious about who this Doc Feral is, Sometimes names are throwaway references, so I hope its not the case for this one, and maybe we will find out more during Season 5.

Commenter 42
09-06-2016, 08:48 PM
But he keeps going on about how he hates certain characters from the 80s show, he just needs to stop cause nobody cares.

For once, I agree with you.

They're cool designs, if handled the right way, and they can be awesome.
They're not like some of the later, more desperate FW moves.
And, really, hate Krang? He's an icon. They butchered him in PDMT, sure, but if he was written with an even more sardonic wit, he'd be brilliant in a film.

Must have Fraley's voice. It's non negotiable.

Powder
09-06-2016, 08:58 PM

I care. I value my friends' opinions & support their right to express them.

You care, on some level, given your need to acknowledge him. If it's so easy to ignore things you disagree with, lead by example, TC.

Also;

Click the "multi" tab on all of the posts you wish to reply to, except for the last one, on which you should just click "quote". That will group them all together.

victory_angel
09-06-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm also curious about who this Doc Feral is, Sometimes names are throwaway references, so I hope its not the case for this one, and maybe we will find out more during Season 5.

We've already had Dr. Feral in Dr. Falco. Heck their first names are both Victor. Since Feral is in his 60's and Falco's in his 40's it wouldn't be farfetched for Falco to have been a student or relation of Feral.

Yoshimickster
09-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Rat King alias, fo-sho.

blindturtle02
09-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Rat King alias, fo-sho.

I'm hoping so. Been a while since we've seen him on the show.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 02:29 PM
That would kind-of suck... Feral has his own mythos - would be awesome to actually have the integration.

http://aw1nlnbob3rvynvja2v0lmnvbq00.g00.photobucket.com/g00/1_TU9SRVBIRVVTMyRodHRwOi8vaW1nLnBob3RvYnVja2V0LmNv bS9hbGJ1bXMvdjI0MS9IYXJtb3BoaW91cy9kcmZlcmFsMS5qcG d%2Bb3JpZ2luYWw%2FaTEwYy5tYXJrLmltYWdlLnR5cGU%3D_$/$/$/$/$

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 01:35 AM
He looks like a mad scientist.

victory_angel
09-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Dr. Feral and Dr. Falco could be one and the same in this incarnation. The last we saw of the Rat King was when he fell down that void and it was implied that he was killed off. But let's say for the sake of argument he did somehow survive, and instead changed his identity to Dr. Feral so he can secretly run experiments upon mutants.

Quoted from Turtlepedia
Dr. Feral's name and job description (including the experimentation and dissection of mutants) are based on Dr. Victor Oban Feral, a character from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness. Previously on the 2012 TV series, Dr. Victor Falco also bore many strong similarities to the original Feral, including an unethical experimentation on mutants, experimentation with telepathy, and recruiting giant mutant rats as servants.