PDA

View Full Version : HISHE Out of the Shadows

Autbot_Benz
09-06-2016, 02:38 PM
_ac8xKxeqzk

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-06-2016, 02:49 PM
_ac8xKxeqzk

Well, that didn't make me regret not seeing the movie AND it also confirmed my preexisting bias that HISHE stopped being funny a couple of years ago.

Wamp wamp...

plastroncafe
09-06-2016, 03:51 PM
I dunno, it got a good chortle out of me.

Jephael
09-06-2016, 04:55 PM
That was way too short for my liking. The one they wrote for the previous film was a good 3 minutes.

ToTheNines
09-06-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm always down for a Tyler Perry dig. I lol'd.

TurtleTitan97
09-06-2016, 05:28 PM
The Vin Diesel scene was hilarious. :lol:

TheSkeletonMan939
09-06-2016, 05:33 PM
The one for the 2014 film was hilarious... I thought the way they made fun of the turtles' ugly designs was pretty clever.

For this one, I thought Mikey's stupid grin when he mentions "Fast and Furious" was hilarious.

IndigoErth
09-06-2016, 05:40 PM
:lol: Liked the last one, glad to see a new one.

"Kill it! Kill it with your weapons!" lol If only.

And yup... pointed how hypocritical Raph making the choice for all after being mad at Leo for putting his foot down before.

Utrommaniac
09-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Okay, but that was actually a way better way to handle the plane scene.

Really, I kind of which there was a scene of Shredder trying to "kill it with your weapons" upon seeing Krang for the first time. But since he technically had no weapons, sucker punching him in the face would suffice.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-06-2016, 07:37 PM
I still say College Humor did the "lethal weapons" shtick much better.

I did chuckle at April's "this is for kids" line though. That was it.

TigerClaw
09-06-2016, 07:42 PM

With Bebop and Rocksteady looking at there junk.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-06-2016, 07:44 PM
With Bebop and Rocksteady looking at there junk.

Okay, you got me there...

Two chuckles.

None for Tyler Perry, though.

Aaronardo
09-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Well, that didn't make me regret not seeing the movie AND it also confirmed my preexisting bias that HISHE stopped being funny a couple of years ago.

Wamp wamp...

They're pretty hit-and-miss these days, and that was definitely one of their misses. Their BvS video was pretty damn good though. Agreed that CollegeHumor did the whole "actually using their weapons" shtick miles better. The "for kids" joke gave me a nice burst of laughter, though.

TigerClaw
09-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Andre Meadows aka Black Nerd did some voices on this video.

TrickOrTreater
09-08-2016, 01:16 AM

College Humor doesn't do anything better.

Except suck.

Krutch
09-08-2016, 07:35 AM
Not one of their better videos.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 08:59 AM
College Humor doesn't do anything better.

Except suck.

They did TMNT "lethal weapon better." So, y'know, one thing. :twink:

Jephael
09-08-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm always down for a Tyler Perry dig. I lol'd.

Gotta admit, as bummed I am over how short this one was that part kinda made up for it.

Coola Yagami
09-08-2016, 11:58 PM
yeah.... it was surprisingly short... They usually do 2 or 3 takes of the same scene with different version of 'how it should have ended'. The problem is the 'using their weapons for real' joke really applies to most versions of the TMNT, not just the movie. They should done jokes about the movie, not TMNT in general.

Galactus
09-09-2016, 12:23 AM
I think a better point to make is that Out of the Shadows doesn't just have the turtles not properly using their weapons but barely shows them fighting at all.

I know I've made this point before but even making my peace that the Platinum Dunes turtles are more super strong brawlers than martial artists but I was still stunned by the lack of actual combat in Out of the Shadows. If you've seen the trailers you've literally seen every scrap of fight footage this movie has. People talk about Secret of the Ooze's emphasis on slapstick heavy fight scenes but it's even weaker to just have the turtles just leaping around.

Ninja Tiptup
09-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Boy that one felt really phoned in.

Using the weapons to kill Krang was kinda funny but College Humor did that joke better years ago.

There were plenty of other moments I would have liked to see them retake like Shredder interacting with Krang, the turtles interacting with the police, something with Casey Jones, more Bebop and Rocksteady, maybe something with the Knicks game, and definitely Karai getting jobbed. There were plenty of moments that could be poked fun at.

plastroncafe
09-09-2016, 11:46 AM
We've got to cut them some slack, it's hard to write How Something Should Have Ended when it should never have begun in the first place.

....I kiiiid, I kiiiid.

Andrew NDB
09-09-2016, 01:01 PM
We've got to cut them some slack, it's hard to write How Something Should Have Ended when it should never have begun in the first place.

That's fair.

neatoman
09-09-2016, 01:59 PM

How about the Turtles breaking their necks during "Squirrel formation"?

ranger_scout
09-10-2016, 12:15 PM
I thought it was funny, but a little too short. I wish the video had more of Bebop and Rocksteady.

myconius
09-13-2016, 07:06 PM
they needed to make fun of that poor excuse for "Casey Jones".