Mikey and Donnie panting should be on Nick's TMNT facebook page sometime today

http://i.imgur.com/iDrtsXy.jpg

TigerClaw
09-06-2016, 06:04 PM
this one is called the Rapheal panting. to help promote the DVD Blu Ray release

http://i.imgur.com/iDrtsXy.jpg
Here's another one.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14203359_1136701659702097_7502604886708646197_n.jp g?oh=fe34bc1886936707d78bdc6e8ec71b93&oe=584B707B

IndigoErth
09-06-2016, 06:26 PM
:tlol: Heh, I kinda love this, for it's different-ness, much like some of those Asian promo posters that turned up.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14291762_10154557842926318_6331469697827225104_n.j pg?oh=673068ededcf90354f768b7e50b85dc0&oe=583EB68C

Candy Kappa
09-07-2016, 12:51 AM
It's a nifty idea, but the execution or rather bad. The PD Turtles are more human then turtle, so the artist could have done something interesting about it. But it doesn't seem like they have a complete grasp on the Renaissance artists, and they look very awkward.

Had it been fan-art, it's okay. As a promo for the Blu-Ray release, it look amateurish.

Powder
09-07-2016, 03:54 AM
Had it been fan-art, it's okay. As a promo for the Blu-Ray release, it look amateurish.

Sums it up perfectly.

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 04:30 AM
I actually really like The Creation of Adam one.

Except, ya know... the uglass PD designs...

TigerClaw
09-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Here's Leonardo in the style of the Mona Lisa.
http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/ninja-turtles-painting

http://fandom.wikia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/TMNT2-leonardo-painting-web.jpg

Andrew NDB
09-07-2016, 12:57 PM
The sum of all things creatively bankrupt and awful.

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 01:06 PM
I prefer the Cory Smith version.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/908bde4699d59aa38245c42c8d6d31ef/tumblr_o112vtjORm1rj6kxdo1_1280.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 01:19 PM
I actually like the Leo one. Well done. It's shilling for terrible terrible movies and godawful cashgrabs, though, so I can't say more than "well drawn."

The other three are hideous, though.

IndigoErth
09-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Leo... :tlol: He's an avatar waiting to happen.

Everybody's an art critic. :trazz: Eh, they don't need to be a certain way for me to be amused by this, as I kinda love when people smash very different things like this together. Ah well, not everyone likes/liked their namesake Renaissance artists' own work either.

Shellington
09-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Leo's looks the best from that bunch. Though that's not saying much.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 02:36 PM
The sum of all things creatively bankrupt and awful.

Bingo. Throw a rock and you've find more competent artists... almost anywhere.

I prefer the Cory Smith version.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/908bde4699d59aa38245c42c8d6d31ef/tumblr_o112vtjORm1rj6kxdo1_1280.jpg

^^ Point proven.

Who okay's something like this?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Seeing how this is one of the only active PD-TMNT threads, I'm gonna drop this here:

A buddy at work just came up to me, says he watched the 2016 movie last night, and then tells me "I'm so sorry. I feel for you."

Then I pointed him to the Issue #50 IDW issue on my desk and told him where to find actually GOOD Ninja Turtles stories... while admitting my fandom doesn't get good movies. :trazz:

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Seeing how this is one of the only active PD-TMNT threads, I'm gonna drop this here:

A buddy at work just came up to me, says he watched the 2016 movie last night, and then tells me "I'm so sorry. I feel for you."

Then I pointed him to the Issue #50 IDW issue on my desk and told him where to find actually GOOD Ninja Turtles stories... while admitting my fandom doesn't get good movies. :trazz:

Speaking of - I happened to have a night free, so I stopped by the theater to catch a flick.

The giant turtle statues were in the lobby....

1. They don't make any sense - Raph is standing upright at about 6'8" or so...and Leo, his knees are bent, 45˚, and he's taller than Raph! standing straight he'd have been closer to 7' 2!!!
That's not even consistent with the stupid movie!

2. They look worse in real life. My girl thought Leo had been fixed, because of the duct tape on his arms. She was all "dafuq? This is on purpose?"

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Speaking of - I happened to have a night free, so I stopped by the theater to catch a flick.

1. They don't make any sense - Raph is standing upright at about 6'8" or so...and Leo, his knees are bent, 45˚, and he's taller than Raph! standing straight he'd have been closer to 7' 2!!!

2. They look worse in real life. My girl thought Leo had been fixed, because of the duct tape on his arms. She was all "dafuq? This is on purpose?"

I started to freak out until I realized you didn't specifically say you went to see TMNT2. You DID watch a movie worth the ticket price, right? :tlol:

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 03:06 PM
I started to freak out until I realized you didn't specifically say you went to see TMNT2. You DID watch a movie worth the ticket price, right? :tlol:

Lol, kind of... I went to see Southside with You.

I like to support films that don't race bait (*cough Tyler Perry*).
They don't happen very often, you know? this is a film about people, not people of color.

Kind of a big deal, if you think about it. :)
It's excellent BTW. Great date film. That said, ticket prices - er - nothing today is actually worth the price of admission.
to damned expensive, even on a good salary.

but yeah, we had a good laugh at the garbage statues.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Lol, kind of... I went to see Southside with You.

I like to support films that don't race bait (*cough Tyler Perry*).
They don't happen very often, you know? this is a film about people, not people of color.

Kind of a big deal, if you think about it. :)
It's excellent BTW. Great date film. That said, ticket prices - er - nothing today is actually worth the price of admission.
to damned expensive, even on a good salary.

but yeah, we had a good laugh at the garbage statues.

Ticket prices are a whole 'nuther can of worms, but I hear ya.

I'll give "Southside with You" a look-see...

IndigoErth
09-07-2016, 05:04 PM

Where do you even live that your theater had the statues. o.O

If you mean the cutouts (or even if not), I thought the same when I saw those, the heights are so off.

http://i.imgur.com/NSXndvE.jpg

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Where do you even live that your theater had the statues. o.O

If you mean the cutouts (or even if not), I thought the same when I saw those, the heights are so off.

http://i.imgur.com/NSXndvE.jpg

Nope, the actual statues. I don't know why they had them still...but they were there. I was surprised. The duct tape was real duct tape...the eyes though, were painted on...like a cheap amusement park attraction.

Definitely looked like they had seen better days. Just Raph and Leo, no Don or Mike.

I'm not exaggerating about Leo's height. I'm 6'3', and he towered above me, with the bent knees...

IndigoErth
09-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Impressed, sorta, since I don't think many of those statues were even made. Maybe they're a permanent fixture in your theater... enjoy. lol

I'm not exaggerating about Leo's height. I'm 6'3', and he towered above me, with the bent knees...
Geez. No one would ever say how big these things were when photos turned up online back before the film premiered. I thought they surely looked oversized compared to the film.

I guess no one told the sculptures their heights and they just went with the feeling of them being 8' in the first film... But now it leaves me wondering about the height of the Donnie statue in comparison. It should technically be gigantic, vertically speaking. :teek:

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Impressed, sorta, since I don't think many of those statues were even made. Maybe they're a permanent fixture in your theater... enjoy. lol

Geez. No one would ever say how big these things were when photos turned up online back before the film premiered. I thought they surely looked oversized compared to the film.

I guess no one told the sculptures their heights and they just went with the feeling of them being 8' in the first film... But now it leaves me wondering about the height of the Donnie statue in comparison. It should technically be gigantic, vertically speaking. :teek:

To give you a better sense of scale, his head was about the size of a basketball, and every part was oversized. Shell was easily 4.5 feet wide. The swords were normal sized katana, but looked like plaster. Raph on the otherhand looked to be of a different scale like he was 10% reduced on a photocopier.

If Leo had nbeen 25% smaller, he'd have had human proportions. 1/2 scale he would be the proper height.

Bry
09-07-2016, 07:32 PM
To give you a better sense of scale, his head was about the size of a basketball, and every part was oversized. Shell was easily 4.5 feet wide. The swords were normal sized katana, but looked like plaster. Raph on the otherhand looked to be of a different scale like he was 10% reduced on a photocopier.

If Leo had nbeen 25% smaller, he'd have had human proportions. 1/2 scale he would be the proper height.

Hey, Commenter. I've been kinda out of touch here for a bit, and this is totally off-topic, but... that signature photo with the Mirage-style NECA Shredder figure is something else and I need to know where it came from. :tgrin:

Autbot_Benz
09-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Hey, Commenter. I've been kinda out of touch here for a bit, and this is totally off-topic, but... that signature photo with the Mirage-style NECA figure is something else and I need to know where it came from. :tgrin:

go here Bry http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=1621012#post1621012

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Hey, Commenter. I've been kinda out of touch here for a bit, and this is totally off-topic, but... that signature photo with the Mirage-style NECA Shredder figure is something else and I need to know where it came from. :tgrin:

Neca is finally doing it! follow that thread!!! Pre order is tomorrow!

Bry
09-07-2016, 07:36 PM
go here Bry http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=1621012#post1621012

Neca is finally doing it! follow that thread!!! Pre order is tomorrow!

...oh my god. What? What!?

I was so sure the arcade figures were the most we'd see of those sculpts. Oh my god. It's actually happening!?

I have literally no money, but there's no way I'm missing out on these.

...WHOA.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 07:41 PM
...oh my god. What? What!?

I was so sure the arcade figures were the most we'd see of those sculpts. Oh my god. It's actually happening!?

I have literally no money, but there's no way I'm missing out on these.

...WHOA.

See! somebody tell Cubed that THIS is the proper response :P :lol::lol::lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 07:47 PM
See! somebody tell Cubed that THIS is the proper response :P :lol::lol::lol:

Joy, excitement, and frenetic anticipation instead of juvenile insensible bitching?

Are you SURE about that, 42? :tlol:

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Joy, excitement, and frenetic anticipation instead of juvenile insensible bitching?

Are you SURE about that, 42? :tlol:

I swear he just wants to be "that guy" today. I don't get it.

I keep looking at that image in my sig and wishing somehow, somewhere, somebody see's the movie potential in that still. It's perefct. just DO that...

I get that cubed thinks it's a stunt, but it's really not...
nobody does a con exclusive this way, unless it's the only way.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 08:00 PM
I swear he just wants to be "that guy" today. I don't get it.

I keep looking at that image in my sig and wishing somehow, somewhere, somebody see's the movie potential in that still. It's perefct. just DO that...

I get that cubed thinks it's a stunt, but it's really not...
nobody does a con exclusive this way, unless it's the only way.

Am I gonna have to turn my sigs back on to see it? I'm dying with curiosity...

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Am I gonna have to turn my sigs back on to see it? I'm dying with curiosity...

Just for youhttp://i.imgur.com/zaCATQi.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Just for youhttp://i.imgur.com/zaCATQi.jpg

Okay, that one is worth putting sigs back on. Noiiiiiiiice. :tcool:

Thanks 42!

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Okay, that one is worth putting sigs back on. Noiiiiiiiice. :tcool:

Thanks 42!

Cheers dude. Just picture that, animated. Boom.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Cheers dude. Just picture that, animated. Boom.

Picturing it, animated, with rainbow masks. :trazz:

IndigoErth
09-07-2016, 09:05 PM

:teek: No wonder his swords looked a tad small.

To make any Turtle statue that is too big to give a quick hug to should be a crime, dammit.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 09:38 PM
:teek: No wonder his swords looked a tad small.

To make any Turtle statue that is too big to give a quick hug to should be a crime, dammit.

Lol, I guess you could hug him...but he looked hard and uncomfortable... If you're anywhere near NYCC this year, I have a feeling they'll be making an appearance there next.

IndigoErth
09-09-2016, 11:27 AM
lol Well, squishy statues would be a bit strange and might not hold up well. :twink:

Speaking of statues, just gonna throw this in here rather than bump such an old thread. Still curious what ever became of these:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53649&highlight=statues

Surprised no sightings of them in the wild ever turned up.