PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] The Same People Keep Killing Good Threads

Pages : [1] 2

Spike Spiegel
09-07-2016, 07:26 AM
I can't be the only one who notices that a certain few users keep disrupting the overall harmony here by derailing threads that previously yielded a great deal of discussion.

Are the mods not noticing these patterns? I, for one, am getting tired of getting interested in a good thread only to watch it get dragged down to the level of a racist tirade or something worse. Repetitive posting, the overuse of really bad or outdated memes, offensive and insensitive generalizations about large groups of people...

There are certain people (one of whom has been here a rather long time) that I would seriously consider banning, or at least having them take a time-out of sorts. This is one of the only forums I bother visiting anymore and it's becoming an inhospitable place to hang my digital hat.

I mean, most of us here are adults. We are capable of being better than this.

Prowler
09-07-2016, 07:50 AM
You're right that this place seems to have sunk to a new low lately. I dunno what the hell happened this Summer. Maybe the temperatures have been getting too hot? But yeah, i'ts like EVERY thread now has drama here. It's getting ridiculous.

Yeah, you'd think, right? :lol:

TheSkeletonMan939
09-07-2016, 07:53 AM
The problem is that some people here prefer to hit others over the head until they conform with whatever their opinions on anything are, from politics to Batman.
Debate and all is great, but we come here to have fun. It's okay to let things be sometimes.

TigerClaw
09-07-2016, 08:54 AM
I can't be the only one who notices that a certain few users keep disrupting the overall harmony here by derailing threads that previously yielded a great deal of discussion.

Are the mods not noticing these patterns? I, for one, am getting tired of getting interested in a good thread only to watch it get dragged down to the level of a racist tirade or something worse. Repetitive posting, the overuse of really bad or outdated memes, offensive and insensitive generalizations about large groups of people...

There are certain people (one of whom has been here a rather long time) that I would seriously consider banning, or at least having them take a time-out of sorts. This is one of the only forums I bother visiting anymore and it's becoming an inhospitable place to hang my digital hat.

There are people on this board, ones that shall remain nameless, that become very disruptive and hostile when they wanna win an argument.

The Mods needs to keep an eye on that stuff, I seen some threads being locked over constant arguments that gets very personal.

There are TMNT fans that look down at these forums for the exact things you describe.

Powder
09-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Other than things pertaining to (the new) Ghostbusters & other stuff with socio-political leanings, I can't recall seeing any high tension drama or long-held discussion ruined by altercation.

People need to learn how to use the ignore feature.

snake
09-07-2016, 02:47 PM
I wonder who this thread is about?

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 04:41 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/061/664/1275937249093s.jpg

TheSkeletonMan939
09-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Other than things pertaining to (the new) Ghostbusters & other stuff with socio-political leanings, I can't recall seeing any high tension drama or long-held discussion ruined by altercation.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg

That film's thread got so bad that Leo left, remember?
It was like a hundred pages of nothing but bitching.

Plus, of course, back when this film was coming out everyone hated each other's guts...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_film_July_2014_poster .jpg

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Lol, I was probably wise to avoid the movie section in 2014, but I'm kinda bummed that I missed out on all the crazy.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 05:59 PM

Plus, of course, back when this film was coming out everyone hated each other's guts...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_film_July_2014_poster .jpg

I love when folks talk about me...

Leo was wrong, and bullying folks who didn't agree; he was the problem, not me. 27% man, that was the final score. We've had this talk, all of us.

Next? If you wanna preach, get the facts straight.
If I recall, you were a fair bit douchey yourself just before BVS was released, just because. Very few folks have clean hands here.

I admit when I'm wrong, and I have. Some folks can't muster that courage;
some folks just run away.

Que sera, etc.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-07-2016, 06:03 PM
If I recall, you were a fair bit douchey yourself just before BVS was released, just because.

Oh, I'm sure I was! My point was just that it doesn't have to be related to politics to get people riled up. We can be at each other's throats for something as stupid as Batman or ninja turtles.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Oh, I'm sure I was! My point was just that it doesn't have to be related to politics to get people riled up. We can be at each other's throats for something as stupid as Batman or ninja turtles.

Ok, I'll take that.

Point is, I keep getting flak over Leo leaving, and honestly, I'm sick of it. I've explained many times, and if anybody reads my piece in the DU, it was never an attack on him directly - I never got personal.

I love it when we have have debates...I like opposing views. I hate locked threads...silencing people goes against my values. I think it's healthier to have to defend yourself, then have a mod do it for you, (UNLESS it's outright doxxing or whatever.)

The BVS thread should have remained open...nothing horrible was said...but mods get tired of reports, I get it...

I have way more respect for those that stand their ground then run to mommy.

snake
09-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Lol, I was probably wise to avoid the movie section in 2014, but I'm kinda bummed that I missed out on all the crazy.

I remember the night the hundreds of new users poured onto the forum after the picture from toy fair was revealed. What a sh*tstorm.

Who remembers Babies with Penis-Heads?

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I remember the night the hundreds of new users poured onto the forum after the picture from toy fair was revealed. What a sh*tstorm.

That was the first review, wasn't it?

Machias Banshee
09-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Yes, we do have people who are determined to turn popular threads into political/religious/racial/sexuality-laced rants. We've tried to ease back on the ban of these topics, since we THOUGHT adults could be adults. But the way people are getting so hostile so quickly, we may Have to go back to outright banning the topics. If you want to debate (or preach to the choir) about certain topics so badly, go check out the social groups. Or make one.

And people 'running to mommy' is less of wanting to be a tattle tail and more an issue of members being sick and tired of certain people beating the same dead horse over and over and over again...

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Yes, we do have people who are determined to turn popular threads into political/religious/racial/sexuality-laced rants. We've tried to ease back on the ban of these topics, since we THOUGHT adults could be adults. But the way people are getting so hostile so quickly, we may Have to go back to outright banning the topics. If you want to debate (or preach to the choir) about certain topics so badly, go check out the social groups. Or make one.

And people 'running to mommy' is less of wanting to be a tattle tail and more an issue of members being sick and tired of certain people beating the same dead horse over and over and over again...

You know what I mean, right?
Also, really, in some form or another, every topic here is a dead horse, unless it's current news.

My point is, some of the debates are only furthered by locking them down. I think, the religion thread was going well, until *sigh somebody (why we use that term, so silly) decided to play contrarian just for giggles. They enjoy man-bashing, and if we're going there, then, let everyone stand and be counted, right? She knows she baited the situation. The agenda is clear.

but we can point fingers all day...I don't think it wins points with anyone to do so, and I'm not interested in telling you how to Mod. I think you've been fair with me, and are fair to everyone for the most part. You have the responsibility, it's tough, and unless the situation truly calls for it, maybe ringing the bat-phone every time folks jaywalk is beyond the pale. maybe a few peeps get a kick out of sounding the alarm.

Just saying.

Refractive Reflections
09-09-2016, 11:33 PM

People need to learn how to use the ignore feature.

To add to this topic, it's not just the introduction of socio-political topics that start off in the thread that lead to altercation, but it's that the production details of an entertainment project can quickly descend into political/sexual/racial/religion topics, and if there's disagreement, the sarcastic ad hominem attacks come quickly.

One of the biggest examples of this is the casting for a project (i.e. when William Fitchner was rumored to be Shredder for the 2014 movie and arguments about his race, gender/race representation for a TV show/movie when there are new characters or replacements [TMNT 2012 show, speculation for an all-male/all-female cast, ethnic backgrounds for established pop cultural characters], character depictions of particular traits that bring up the topic of stereotyping vs. light-hearted caricatures).

Some of the most belligerent members who quickly resort to these attacks, seem more interested in "winning" a hollow internet thread through character attacks on members, rather than having a greater understanding or conversation about contrary viewpoints and the topic at hand.

thundermaster612
09-10-2016, 06:10 AM

Wait, babies with penis-heads? what the ****?

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 07:08 PM
I think something should be done about negativity in the Nick TMNT section in particular. Too many people are crapping all over episodes and characters of the show and don't even watch the series anymore. So essentially they're there for no reason. Instead of stop watching the series, they stick around to post bizarre rants about whatever it is they don't like.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2016, 07:11 PM
I think you're looking at the PD TMNT section by mistake.
It's also possible the Nick TMNT cartoon isn't very good.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-12-2016, 07:16 PM
I think something should be done about negativity in the Nick TMNT section in particular. Too many people are crapping all over episodes and characters of the show and don't even watch the series anymore. So essentially they're there for no reason. Instead of stop watching the series, they stick around to post bizarre rants about whatever it is they don't like.

Nostrils.

Sucks taking your own medicine, don't it?

ToTheNines
09-12-2016, 07:20 PM

I bet you're one of those First Ammendment haters.

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 08:02 PM
The difference is, and I'm sure some of you have noticed it, people post negative things in the Nick section despite barely watching or not watching the series. And claim the show has "plot holes" about various things that never even happened in the series.

What I find baffling is why do they keep posting there or watching? Normally if I don't like a series I drop it, I don't linger around to complain about it endlessly.

snake
09-12-2016, 08:08 PM
The difference is, and I'm sure some of you have noticed it, people post negative things in the Nick section despite barely watching or not watching the series. And claim the show has "plot holes" about various things that never even happened in the series.

What I find baffling is why do they keep posting there or watching? Normally if I don't like a series I drop it, I don't linger around to complain about it endlessly.

Season 1 was really f*cking good and most people want to see if it returns to form or not. The general participation in that section has decresed over time, if you haven't noticed.

Cure
09-12-2016, 08:24 PM

Yeah, I agree with you. I feel like it extends further than the Nick section, also. I just don't get why people feel the need to discuss AT LENGTH things they really dislike. Like, just drop it and move on to something you do like, damn.

TigerClaw
09-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. I feel like it extends further than the Nick section, also. I just don't get why people feel the need to discuss AT LENGTH things they really dislike. Like, just drop it and move on to something you do like, damn.
Yeah, If you don't like it, You don't have to tell everyone about it, cause most won't even care if you like something or not, It's all a matter of personal taste.

Cure
09-12-2016, 08:28 PM
I feel like people can be like "I don't like thing and here's why". Fine, cool, I respect your opinion. But to keep going on and on and on and on and on about it is the woooooorst.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2016, 08:34 PM
It's because people want to feel like they've won. Even if it's an argument about comic book turtles on the Internet.

Zak The Neutrino
09-12-2016, 08:40 PM

I've noticed this lately but it's not half as bad as the PD section. However the PD section deserves it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-12-2016, 08:45 PM
It's because people want to feel like they've won. Even if it's an argument about comic book turtles on the Internet.

Crisler's Law

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Who made that up? Why does it apply to Ninja Turtles only? And just who is this Crisler fellow?... :tcouch:

snake
09-12-2016, 09:07 PM
https://urbandictionary.store/products/mug?defid=6310979

Chrislers Law mugs! Getchur Chrislers Law official mugs right here! Andrew and Cylons approved!

Zak The Neutrino
09-12-2016, 09:09 PM
https://urbandictionary.store/products/mug?defid=6310979

Chrislers Law mugs! Getchur Chrislers Law official mugs right here! Andrew and Cylons approved!

Haha I didn't know this was a thing.

Commenter 42
09-12-2016, 09:23 PM
Thing is, maybe, just maybe, you don't have to read the long negative rants. Maybe, you can skip it...read the positive stuff.

You can shelter yourself, in a bubble of your own making.
Maybe let others say what they will, and edit your personal reading.

Kind of the way free speech works, right?

Besides, if everything is great, nothing gets better, and when it comes to TMNT, given the state of affairs, theres a bunch of better to be done.

Cure
09-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Sure, whatevs man, I just feel like people's energy can be better spent.

myconius
09-12-2016, 09:43 PM
the world in general is in a state of decline.
it's not just in this forum, but everywhere you look people are constantly at each other's throat.

let's face it. . . . . . . deep down human's can be pretty rotten.

plastroncafe
09-12-2016, 09:44 PM
And there's no better way to get the attention of the powers that be like s#it posting on a forum.

snake
09-12-2016, 09:49 PM
it's not just in this forum, but everywhere you look people are constantly at each other's throat.

As long as the Technodrome Forums are still around, the world isn't that bad of a place to be. :D

Powder
09-12-2016, 09:55 PM

It really is this simple. Everything's going down the potty, it's hard to escape.

Commenter 42
09-12-2016, 09:56 PM
@cure Echo chambers are boring. If you didn't want dissenting opinions, you wouldn't show up.

But you know that. We all know that. Everyone is baiting and trolling someone else here, except for two or three members.
---
As for **** posting, well, I find that term offensive, but it's your right to offend. Just be careful of that harsh language, it's unbecoming.

Prowler
09-12-2016, 10:47 PM

The world ha always been like that, man. I'ts certainly better now than it was in the 30s-40s-50s, per example.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Several people have slowly lost their minds by posting on this forum, and a lot of people quit this place forever because of it. I feel like I've seen it the most since I've been here since 2004...literally 12 years, so I've seen far more people come and go than most.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:22 AM
Several people have slowly lost their minds by posting on this forum, and a lot of people quit this place forever because of it. I feel like I've seen it the most since I've been here since 2004...literally 12 years, so I've seen far more people come and go than most.
I don't understand how a forum like this can actually drive people insane to the point of them needing a timeout from the internet. Despite this place going a bit bananas lately it's still one of the best internet communities I've been a part of. If not the best. I think some people aren't really aware how bad most of the internet is. ANY gaming, anime or wrestling forum I've been on before has been worse than this place by a large margin. And I'm sure you, being on many internet forums throughout your life, will agree with me on this one.

Powder
09-13-2016, 01:23 AM
It's not the forum's fault. :tlol: It's just that fandoms draw wackos, & wackos eventually snap.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 01:29 AM
It's not the forum's fault. :tlol: It's just that fandoms draw wackos, & wackos eventually snap.
I'm not referring to wackos, though. But to good users who have left because this place made them feel miserable and angry.

Tbh this is one of the few places online that DOES NOT make me angry and miserable.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 02:01 AM
Well I think its because this is one of the only forums some people go on. For people like me who have been on internet communities for 16 years since the year 2000, on various gaming, pokemon, tv show, etc...websites...this place is indeed pretty tame.

If you've never been anywhere else this place may seem worse if you have nothing else to compare it to.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 02:55 AM
True. Whenever I say that this place is pretty tame/civil in comparison to the rest of the internet there's always someone who is surprised at my claim. I've seen people here before saying this place is pretty unwelcome and intimidating before, but I really can't relate to that at all.

Maybe years on the internet has made people like you and me inoculated against insults.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 06:55 AM
Several people have slowly lost their minds by posting on this forum

Yeah, I've been here since 2011 and it's been quite a spectacle to watch you devolve slowly but surely, Cubed.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I've been here since 2011 and it's been quite a spectacle to watch you devolve slowly but surely, Cubed.
Signs of senility due to ageing!

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 07:47 AM
If this is Cubed when he's mentally healthy, I hope for the sake of our sanity he never goes crazy.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 08:04 AM
And there's no better way to get the attention of the powers that be like s#it posting on a forum.

I know for a fact that Bill Gates, Barack Obama, George W Bush, and Steve Jobs all use the Technodrome.

Well, USED in the case of Jobs. RIP. :tsad:

Prowler
09-13-2016, 08:28 AM
I know for a fact that Bill Gates, Barack Obama, George W Bush, and Steve Jobs all use the Technodrome.

Well, USED in the case of Jobs. RIP. :tsad:
What about Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 08:35 AM
What about Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird?

I certainly hope not! Not with all of the unflattering remarks I've made about "Bodycount", the two IDW Annuals, Cockroach Orgy April, and not finishing Volume 4. :tlol:

Prowler
09-13-2016, 08:44 AM
I certainly hope not! Not with all of the unflattering remarks I've made about "Bodycount", the two IDW Annuals, Cockroach Orgy April, and not finishing Volume 4. :tlol:
I'm sure they're aware of this place. I'd not have resisted taking a sneak peak if I were them.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm sure they're aware of this place. I'd not have resisted taking a sneak peak if I were them.

I think Pete can totally resist taking a peek. Maybe not back in the day of 4Kids, but definitely now... :tlol:

Powder
09-13-2016, 08:55 AM
They know about us. Gary Richardson came & went years back, before I was around. I heard he & others felt the joint had some bad vibes even then, & left. KE has an account which has been used a few times, but it might be run by his assistant, Fiona.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 08:58 AM
They know about us. Gary Richardson came & went years back, before I was around. I heard he & others felt the joint had some bad vibes even then, & left. KE has an account which has been used a few times, but it might be run by his assistant, Fiona.
Can't say I blame them. If I was an actor/musician/author/wtv and went on the internet to see lots of people talking sh*t about my work, I'd feel discouraged as well. Even if they might have been right somewhat.

MikeandRaph87
09-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Peter lurked around the 4Kids section without an account to get feedback on episodes as they aired especially early on. It is indicated in his emails with Lloyd Goldfine.

Kevin knows of this site and appreciates its existence, but never indicated anything about having his own account going by our conversation back in June 2014.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 10:28 AM
I don't doubt that movers and shakers come here, what I'm saying is that I doubt they're going to change any plans because of s#itposting.

Honest crit, sure.
But people venting their spleen because it's the internet and they can and f-you if you can't handle it....not so much.

I remember getting blamed for Ciro leaving.
That was funny.

ToTheNines
09-13-2016, 10:36 AM
You were? I thought that was Cubed's burden?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 10:37 AM
He tried, unsuccessfully, to foist that yoke onto my shoulders.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Woah, Cubed would actually sink that low?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Right? I was surprised too.
I mean it's not, "Your grandmother died because you didn't love her enough" low, but still...a major disappointment.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 10:45 AM
As I recall it was more than just 'Cubed or plastron who might have scared Ciro off.

Didn't some 4Kids rep used to have an account here? I wonder who that guy was...

Prowler
09-13-2016, 10:47 AM
As I recall it was more than just 'Cubed or plastron who might have scared Ciro off.

Didn't some 4Kids rep used to have an account here? I wonder who that guy was...
I think Cubed stating a few time that the Nick toon staff doesn't seem to like the 4Kids series much might have upset some people.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 10:54 AM
I don't doubt that movers and shakers come here, what I'm saying is that I doubt they're going to change any plans because of s#itposting.

Honest crit, sure.
But people venting their spleen because it's the internet and they can and f-you if you can't handle it....not so much.

I remember getting blamed for Ciro leaving.
That was funny.

Because you hounded him about the writing of April O'Neil? I don't know whether to wag my finger at you in shame or applaud your stance.

He tried, unsuccessfully, to foist that yoke onto my shoulders.

Right? I was surprised too.
I mean it's not, "Your grandmother died because you didn't love her enough" low, but still...a major disappointment.

Cubed! Get yo' ass in here, boy. You got some explaining to do.

Remind me... the grandmother thing was Davetello, right?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 10:56 AM
I think Cubed stating a few time that the Nick toon staff doesn't seem to like the 4Kids series much might have upset some people.

Well he was stating the truth. Nickelodeon has treated the 4Kids cartoon almost like dog crap.
Releasing a ****in' TV CUT of Turtles Forever in full-screen, after airing it several times with the live-action ending lopped off... then releasing 2 DVDs of 3-4 episodes EACH, out of order of course.... then distributing disturbingly poor encodes of episodes to Amazon and the like.

Viacom buying the TMNT was a new low for the franchise as a whole.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Nah, had nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the fact that instead of answering a yes/no question with a Yes or a No he went and stuck his foot down his own throat.
And then got buttmad when folks called him on it.

I think that was his name?
To be honest, I didn't really care enough about him to remember his name, but the words...they're too funny to forget.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Well he was stating the truth. Nickelodeon has treated the 4Kids cartoon almost like dog crap.
Releasing a ****in' TV CUT of Turtles Forever in full-screen, after airing it several times with the live-action ending lopped off... then releasing DVDs of 3-4 episodes EACH, out of order of course.... then distributing disturbingly poor encodes of episodes to Amazon and the like.

Well, on the one hand, you can't blame them for not heavily promoting and marketing a version of TMNT OTHER than their own.

But on the other hand... I hate them and their grubby little hands. I want my complete season sets for 4Kids TMNT. I don't want to go eBay/Amazon crawling for those terrible Foxbox 3-episode discs completely out of order.

Thank God for Youtube.

Nah, had nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the fact that instead of answering a yes/no question with a Yes or a No he went and stuck his foot down his own throat.
And then got buttmad when folks called him on it.

Just like DiCaprio in "Django", you now have my attention. Care to point me in the right direction for a relevant thread?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 10:59 AM
I still maintain that they don't market 4Kids well because it's better than their own series.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 10:59 AM
I've got a bunch of dupe dvds of the 4-kids series that're in need of a good home.
I'm just saying...

Uh...oh man, I have no idea where that thread is.
Somewhere?

Prowler
09-13-2016, 11:04 AM
It's really sad how there isn't a proper DVD release of the 4Kids series yet. I own a couple of DVDs with about 2-3 eps each. Bought them back in 2007 or 2008 already though. One of them had the first 3-4 episodes and the other one the Shredder Strikes two parter and the two eps before or after it. Can't bother to check out.

I still maintain that they don't market 4Kids well because it's better than their own series.
They market the FW series a lot, though. And that was way mroe successful than theirs will ever be, so if anything they should have na inferiority complex with that one, not with the 4Kids series. And evne if 4Kids is the best show out of the three overall, it's not like heavily marketing it would made it the most popular show. Plus, it still doesn't have the nostalgic factor that the FW series has nor does it have the "modern" factor that the current cartoon does... although the current one is already in its 4th or 5th season and doesn't grab as much media attention as it did back in 2012. The two crappy Bay movies didn't do the franchise any good, let's face it.

Zak The Neutrino
09-13-2016, 11:06 AM
It's really sad how there isn't a proper DVD release of the 4Kids series yet. I own a couple of DVDs with about 2-3 eps each. Bought them back in 2007 or 2008 already though. One of them had the first 3-4 episodes and the other one the Shredder Strikes two parter and the two eps before or after it. Can't bother to check out.

They market the FW series a lot, though. And that was way mroe successful than theirs will ever be, so if anything they should have na inferiority complex with that one, not with the 4Kids series. And evne if 4Kids is the best show out of the three overall, it's not like heavily marketing it would made it the most popular show. Plus, it still doesn't have the nostalgic factor that the FW series has nor does it have the "modern" factor that the current cartoon does... although the current one is already in its 4th or 5th season and doesn't grab as much media attention as it did back in 2012. The two crappy Bay movies didn't do the franchise any good, let's face it.

FW isn't owned by Nick. Lionsgate has the rights to FW.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 11:06 AM

I fully agree.

I've got a bunch of dupe dvds of the 4-kids series that're in need of a good home.
I'm just saying...

Uh...oh man, I have no idea where that thread is.
Somewhere?

I am cursing my wallet's anemic state as I read this... :tsad:

Prowler
09-13-2016, 11:08 AM
FW isn't owned by Nick. Lionsgate has the rights to FW.
Ah, OK. Didn't know that.

Btw, aren't FW youtube videos blocked for Americans? I've tried to link some FW related videos to some people before and americans always say that they're blocked.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Ah, OK. Didn't know that.

Btw, aren't FW youtube videos blocked for Americans? I've tried to link some FW related videos to some people before and americans always say that they're blocked.

I've never been able to view a substantial amount of FW content on YouTube... they're very good at blocking uploads of that.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:02 PM
You were? I thought that was Cubed's burden?

I wasn't around for that...but it makes way more sense somehow.

ToTheNines
09-13-2016, 02:10 PM
He was just pulling his standard parrot schtick. Ciro got annoyed and rage quit. Don't remember PC being involved at all.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Plastron's problems were with April and how female characters were handled, and how Ciro portrayed them. Its rather obvious, Plastron's all about feminism and female character roles, etc.

ToTheNines
09-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Be that as it may (or A Day Inside it), she didn't incessantly repeat herself in the same thread to the point of flipping out the head producer.

You suck.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Untrue.

For one, my issue was with the fact that Ciro took a yes/no question and used it to say a lot of stupid stuff about female characters. And then got buttmad about being criticized about said stupid stuff.

For another, I'm all about my feelings regarding Iron-man 2.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 02:21 PM
I didn't do that either. You can even read my old posts in the first Baxter Stockman episode in the Nick cartoon from way back in 2012. All I made is one or two comments saying that its not as good as the 4kids Baxter, and that's all. He didn't even stay around long enough.

If Ciro saw what's going on in the Nick section NOW, with all the negativity and people whining, it'd be far worse. I never went on the Nick show like people do now, I like the series.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:23 PM
But Ciro himself said his whole mission was to make a show in service to April.

Wasn't that his whole reason for doing TMNT in the first place?
I heard Cubed was the reason, from somebody close to production; never heard mention of anyone else here.

I wasn't aware there was anymore to the story.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Be that as it may (or A Day Inside it), she didn't incessantly repeat herself in the same thread to the point of flipping out the head producer.

You suck.

:tlol: "or a day inside it." :tlol:

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:28 PM
So, basically, it's do as I say, not as I do? Damn PC, I knew you were a hypocrite..but wow.

Good job ingrates. He's a decent guy. Nice work.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:32 PM
Own up, you're just butthurt you can't claim the BINGO square.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 02:33 PM
PC versus 42 is a square, right?

BINGO!

snake
09-13-2016, 02:37 PM
This all falls under miscellaneous cat fight so I guess the bingo checks out

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 02:38 PM
You people just don't know what you want.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:39 PM
And April is STILL poorly written. Everybody loses.

I'm confused. He made a point of saying this year that April was all he cared about, that the turtles were just going to be the same as you expect, but that his focus was all on her.
But your blow out leads me to believe that she was a burden?
Even in the last ep, she has all this rage, but it falls flat...

Hmmm, so is Ciro really about April, or not?

EDIT: PC is right - April has almost no character, both in her design and her writing. she probably made important points.
BUT... did she convey them without salt?

http://www.rlmseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/not-bloody-likely.jpg

snake
09-13-2016, 02:41 PM

Nevermind, THIS is your new catchphrase

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Very few writers have done well by April as a character.

Ciro has said he finds writing female characters difficult because they have a tendency to get overpowered.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Very few writers have done well by April as a character.

Ciro has said he finds writing female characters difficult because they have a tendency to get overpowered.

BUT he literally said "I made this show because of April"
I'll find the podcast...

The Nickelodeon Animation Podcast
August 5, 2016.

Plus his sketches of Black April...

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm sure he did, but he also told me on a podcast that not only was the show full up on female characters, but that too many was too difficult to write because they got overpowered.

Which speaks more to his ability to write and show-run than it does about female characters in general, or anything about April O'neil.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm sure he did, but he also told me on a podcast that not only was the show full up on female characters, but that too many was too difficult to write because they got overpowered.

Which speaks more to his ability to write and show-run than it does about female characters in general, or anything about April O'neil.

I don't know how to link it... but give it a listen...

Now I'm intrigued.

9 minutes 25 secs

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Griping about Nick April... that should be a Bingo square.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Griping about Nick April... that should be a Bingo square.

nonono...

It's not that I'm invested in her...
He's making a point to say the show is, and I quote "all about April."

but saying the something of the opposite to PC. And on display, one of the least interesting portrayals of April yet.

...something doesn't add up.
found the cast on youtube...the whole intro is about April, the Ciro partcomes in at 9 minutes and change...
D9qHpFhslF4

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm sure he's created a show he believes to be all about April, much the same way people think The Maltese Falcon is all about the bird. From day one April has been more passive object than active character.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 02:58 PM
nonono...

It's not that I'm invested in her...
He's making a point to say the show is, and I quote "all about April."

but saying the something of the opposite to PC. And on display, one of the least interesting portrayals of April yet.

...something doesn't add up.
found the cast on youtube...the whole intro is about April, the Ciro partcomes in at 9 minutes and change...
D9qHpFhslF4

Hey, I'm not criticizing said criticisms. If I bothered to watch Nick TMNT, I'm sure I'd voice the same complaints. I'm just saying, it's always good for an entertaining read and comes around pretty regularly. Thus, Bingo square.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Make that the Free Square in the middle.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Make that the Free Square in the middle.

Well then it's not FREE, is it? :tlol:

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Hey, I'm not criticizing said criticisms. If I bothered to watch Nick TMNT, I'm sure I'd voice the same complaints. I'm just saying, it's always good for an entertaining read and comes around pretty regularly. Thus, Bingo square.

Wait, you don't watch Nick?
Ohhhhh.... I seeeeeeeeeeee......

The girl is wallpaper paste at most.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Wait, you don't watch Nick?
Ohhhhh.... I seeeeeeeeeeee......

The girl is wallpaper paste at most.

I keep myself informed about it, but I don't regularly watch it. I've borrowed a few DVDs from the library, enjoyed some of the episodes and characters, found April incredibly annoying, found Donnie misused, Mikey annoying...

I have opinions on it, but I prefer to let others who religiously watch it make criticisms as theirs are coming from a place of more thorough knowledge and first-hand experience. Examples: Electric, Foombamaroom, GoldMutant.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 03:06 PM
Well then it's not FREE, is it? :tlol:

Oh noes! The game might get a touch more difficult!
;-)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Oh noes! The game might get a touch more difficult!
;-)

If Bernie were making the Bingo squares, you'd better believe it'd damned well be free.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 03:11 PM
I keep myself informed about it, but I don't regularly watch it. I've borrowed a few DVDs from the library, enjoyed some of the episodes and characters, found April incredibly annoying, found Donnie misused, Mikey annoying...

I have opinions on it, but I prefer to let others who religiously watch it make criticisms as theirs are coming from a place of more thorough knowledge and first-hand experience.

so what we have here, if I can piece it together is this

"STOP bitching about what you don't like."
"Don't READ it if it bothers you. It's important to say what you think is wrong, 'cause otherwise it will never get fixed!"
"But s#itposting doesn't fix anything, and the powers that be don't care"
"I only said that the character of April needed more attention"
"I have a hard time writing females"

years later

"This show was always about April."

Looks to me like, well, s#itposting has an effect after all?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 03:14 PM
That's certainly one way to make a narrative of that.

If that one tumblr fan who threatened to bathe in his unworthy blood after he said the show was full up on regular female characters because the Madonna/Whore quota had been reached, then my hat is off to her.

Because that change certainly wasn't prompted by anyone on this forum.

As far as I can tell nothing about April's characterization has changed. Whitman is still doing a great job as her VA, but she's still the same McGuffin she always was. What's changed is how Ciro talks about her on a Company podcast, rather than on a fanpodcast.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 03:17 PM
That's certainly one way to make a narrative of that.

If that one fan who threatened to bathe in his unworthy blood after he said the show was full up on regular female characters because the Madonna/Whore quota had been reached, then my hat is off to her.

I know you want to claim victory, hollow as it may be.

wait, what? .. that edit... I'm lost.

IS THAT WHAT YOU SAID???????

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 03:20 PM
I know you want to claim victory, hollow as it may be.

wait, what? .. that edit... I'm lost.

IS THAT WHAT YOU SAID???????

Madonna/Whore = 1 good female character and 1 bad female character, FYI.

Not as inflammatory as it sounds.

Well, except for the "bathing in blood" thing. Yech.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Oh man, I wish I could take credit for the "Bathe in his unworthy blood" remark. I thought it was a wonderful use of hyperbole, but no.
Sadly no.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Madonna/Whore = 1 good female character and 1 bad female character, FYI.

Not as inflammatory as it sounds.

Well, except for the "bathing in blood" thing. Yech.

LOL, Oh, I know what it means...

but it's not straight forward criticism, it's twist-the-knife passive aggresive snarking. Could have easily been said another way.

Like I said. This one is all salt.

As a writer, if anyone critiqued your hard work like that, you might have a finger or two to raise in response, no?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 03:30 PM
LOL, Oh, I know what it means...

but it's not straight forward criticism, it's twist-the-knife passive aggresive snarking. Could have easily been said another way.

Like I said. This one is all salt.

As a writer, if anyone critiqued your hard work like that, you might have a finger or two to raise in response, no?

I absolutely would, no argument there. I can see things from both POVs, writer and audience.

I think I just realized that my first major attempts at writing come perilously close to not passing the Madonna/Whore test. :tlol: Still, I've gotten much better.

Andrew NDB
09-13-2016, 03:32 PM

I'm confused. He made a point of saying this year that April was all he cared about, that the turtles were just going to be the same as you expect, but that his focus was all on her.
But your blow out leads me to believe that she was a burden?
Even in the last ep, she has all this rage, but it falls flat...

Hmmm, so is Ciro really about April, or not?

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/5435/IHq8aL.jpg

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 03:34 PM
It all comes down to tone with you.

Go listen to the cast. Go hear what I asked him. I didn't bring up madonna/whore. I asked obliquely if there was going to be another female character because I'd heard rumors of Irma, but gave him an out for spoilers.

I asked if the season would pass the Bechdel Test, which is a yes/no question. He could have asked what the Bechdel Test was if he didn't know, which it became very apparent he didn't.
He could have said Yes or No. He could have said...I can't talk spoilers.

Instead he went on a diatribe about how there already was a good girl/bad girl, so we're all full up on female characters.

Thus assigning his work with madonna/whore, through no effort on my part.

Then he went on to talk about Teen Titans, and how difficult it was to write female characters because they just get too powerful.

An unfortunate side-effect of having too few characters, not too many. If you have more then all of them don't have to be the Most Powerful Evar!

This is a hole he dug for himself with very little prompting from me.
And then he got buttmad when people called him on his views regarding female characters.

The best part is when he went on FB saying how unfair it was that I railroaded him, and that I should have asked a follow up question.

To this day that request for a follow up interview goes unanswered.
I lost a lot of respect for the man that day, and incrementally more in the days that followed.

What still makes me laugh when I think about this recording, is how I was so floored by what he said I never did get to ask the second question I was allotted during the interview. And then after we got off the phone with him someone dropped something, and....I think it was either Josh or Isaac that said: Plas just flipped a table!
Because they all knew how I felt about what Ciro had said before I even said anything.

tl:dr Summary:
No, I didn't say that to him.
He said that of his own work.
Your bias is showing.

Candy Kappa
09-13-2016, 03:43 PM
here's the thread about the Shellshocked podcast interview.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45337&highlight=shellshocked

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 03:53 PM
tl:dr Summary:
No, I didn't say that to him.
He said that of his own work.
Your bias is showing.

I knew nothing about this going in...I'm asking the questions to know. Thanks for elaborating. I didn't know there was a pod cast.

Yeah, i havea slight bias as you've been salty as hell EVERY time we talk, so there's that.
I don't have any bias other than, tbh.

I just think maybe, it's teensey-teeny-tiny bit possible you expect everyone to fight you. You're always primed for it...and it sounds a bit like that's what happened there. not outright, but you put him on the spot maybe? Maybe it felt like a trap?

and maybe, maybe, he's just like 99% of all artists - very, very thin skinned.

I think you're right, just for the record, and he's wrong, in this instance, but yes, with me, and EVERYONE, it comes down to tone. Tone, matters. It betrays intent.

Then there's also the fact that you have nothing to lose in that scenario, and Ciro could lose everything.
Networks are very quick to axe folks for mis steps, so yeah, maybe his reaction was justifiable as self defense if you account for optics...

Jason Biggs was RIGHT in his mockery of Seaworld...and boom.

So when your career is on the line every-time you're interviewed... could be theres some pressure.

ToTheNines
09-13-2016, 04:02 PM
All I made is one or two comments saying that its not as good as the 4kids Baxter, and that's all.

Did you really? Let's see...

Baxter's motivation was poor and I don't like how the T-pod was a magic plot device. I hope the stuff with the TCRI leads to something.

Baxter's motivation was shallow so I hope he's fleshed out more in his next appearance which is apparently soon.

If this episode script was pitched to PL he'd probably tear it to shreds in his blog.

An I-pod that upgrades armor with little to no explanation? Baxter's poor motivation to seek revenge? The Turtles using a beehive to stop the main villain? Too much slapstick humor?

Man if this was a 4kids plot it's be ripped to shreds.

PL doesn't like it when things aren't accurately explained.

For example, where did the chip to power up Baxter Suit actually come from? Don said he found it in a scrapyard, but it obviously must be some alien or government tech to do what it did.

Sadly I doubt the writers will ever explain it, and it'll probably be forgotten about.

Just because the show is funny and clever doesn't mean it can ignore good writing and proper continuity.

Also it makes Baxter evil for the sake of being evil, rather than being a guy with actual motivations.

Didn't Batman:TAS teach us that villains can't be one-dimensional?

Episode script would have been rejected if it were a 4kids ep.

I even left a couple out. You beat that dead horse to Ikea and back son. And Ciro was never heard from again. Thanks.

Here's you changing your tone the second he bounced. Lol.

Everyone here is just joking around. The show is pretty much universally loved by most fans here.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 04:04 PM
I knew nothing about this going in...I'm asking the questions to know. Thanks for elaborating. I didn't know there was a pod cast.

Yeah, i havea slight bias as you've been salty as hell EVERY time we talk, so there's that.
I don't have any bias other than, tbh.

I just think maybe, it's teensey-teeny-tiny bit possible you expect everyone to fight you. You're always primed for it...and it sounds a bit like that's what happened there. not outright, but you put him on the spot maybe? Maybe it felt like a trap?

and maybe, maybe, he's just like 99% of all artists - very, very thin skinned.

I think you're right, just for the record, and he's wrong, in this instance, but yes, with me, and EVERYONE, it comes down to tone. Tone, matters. It betrays intent.

Then there's also the fact that you have nothing to lose in that scenario, and Ciro could lose everything.
Networks are very quick to axe folks for mis steps, so yeah, maybe his reaction was justifiable as self defense if you account for optics...

Jason Biggs was RIGHT in his mockery of Seaworld...and boom.

So when your career is on the line every-time you're interviewed... could be theres some pressure.

Listen to the interview.
No feet were held to the fire. No one railroaded him.
He did this to himself.

He works in Hollywood, he should know there's no such thing as a safe space.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 04:06 PM
For another, I'm all about my feelings regarding Iron-man 2.

Yes... yes!

So, basically, it's do as I say, not as I do? Damn PC, I knew you were a hypocrite..but wow.

Good job ingrates. He's a decent guy. Nice work.

Own up, you're just butthurt you can't claim the BINGO square.

A catfight! Oh boy...

TMNT discussion.... yeah... I like that.

CyberCubed thinks deep!!!

http://i.imgur.com/kSG5ESA.png

How are the rest of y'all doin'?

Also, is it sad that I agree with most of 'Cubed's criticisms? Am I also a nitpicking weenie?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Uh uh. That square specifically states HOW I feel about it, not that I have feelings about it.
You uncheck that right now, mister!

Also....that is NOT a BINGO card.
That's a BING card.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/f9aed230b19f11edd548211f2b4f5194/tumblr_mfzpuxNZgD1ql86bho1_500.gif

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 04:11 PM
I took some liberties with that square.

For one, my issue was with... stupid... Iron-man 2.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Non Regulation Card.
Liberties.

What a sham of a game.
This never would have happened on LJ.

Candy Kappa
09-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Wow, Ciro only made 13 posts before he was chased away by Cubed. No wonder I can't remember him posting here.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 04:15 PM
You know, Bruce Timm used to post on the DC Toonzone forum back when the DCAU was still around. He'd sometimes chime in to certain threads about creative choices of the shows and defend them.
I don't blame Ciro for leaving but he certainly didn't make a strong case for his show. His only retort was that we all "pine for Burton when we watch Nolan Batman", which can easily be construed as an admission that the older stuff might be worth our time more.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 04:17 PM
Non Regulation Card.
Liberties.

What a sham of a game.
This never would have happened on LJ.

You're welcome to start a thread in the Forum Games section and set some ground rules!

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 04:18 PM
You're welcome to start a thread in the Forum Games section and set some ground rules!

HA!
And be left holding that bag?! No thank you.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 05:11 PM
I think you're right, just for the record, and he's wrong, in this instance.

*ahem..
yep.

Listen to the interview.

I will.

No feet were held to the fire. No one railroaded him.
He did this to himself.

He interviewed himself? He took time to talk with you, and set himself up to look like a chauvinist? That was his plan?

He works in Hollywood, he should know there's no such thing as a safe space.

I definitely have bingo, as you fulfill your own sig quote.
Hypocrisy again?

Wouldn't it be just a little easier to admit you contributed to mess?

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 05:28 PM
If you're working with the same card as Skeleton, you may have BING, but not a BINGO.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 05:35 PM
If you're working with the same card as Skeleton, you may have BING, but not a BINGO.

Hey, I could only think of so many quirks this place has!

TigerClaw
09-13-2016, 05:37 PM
You know, Bruce Timm used to post on the DC Toonzone forum back when the DCAU was still around. He'd sometimes chime in to certain threads about creative choices of the shows and defend them.
I don't blame Ciro for leaving but he certainly didn't make a strong case for his show. His only retort was that we all "pine for Burton when we watch Nolan Batman", which can easily be construed as an admission that the older stuff might be worth our time more.
It's why the Nick series takes a whole lot of liberties on the characters, and do something completely different that doesn't stay true to them.

That I have no problem with since this series is set in its own universe, and it was already established that it is.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 05:42 PM
There's a difference between doing something different, and doing it well.

I couldn't stomach anything after the first ten episodes because the characters seemed like parodies of themselves.

Leo exuded overconfidence as a leader not in a believable or understandable way but as a joke.
Raph was angry - really angry! - but not in any meaningful capacity.
Mikey devolved from being the jokester to just being an idiot in general.
Don... he's just a weirdo.

myconius
09-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Wow, Ciro only made 13 posts before he was chased away by Cubed. No wonder I can't remember him posting here.

are you serious???

what thread was this in?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 05:44 PM
It was years ago, right as the 2012 show was starting up.

Andrew NDB
09-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Oh, I don't think he ever left.

myconius
09-13-2016, 06:10 PM
It was years ago, right as the 2012 show was starting up.

must have entered through the revolving door?

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 06:12 PM

Tell me more Lucy.

https://kimbobryant.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/charlie_brown_jbtyvrxj.jpg?w=736

I couldn't stomach anything after the first ten episodes because the characters seemed like parodies of themselves.

Leo exuded overconfidence as a leader not in a believable or understandable way but as a joke.

For me it's been more of a mix, 30% of the time it's outstanding, the rest varies from middling to obnoxious. This season has been rough.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 08:00 PM

This is all completely untrue. The Nick Turtles all have extremely well done characterisation. Some of the best actually.

Zak The Neutrino
09-13-2016, 08:43 PM
This is all completely untrue. The Nick Turtles all have extremely well done characterisation. Some of the best actually.

Well that is subjective and your opinion that I know there are plenty of people here do not share.

myconius
09-13-2016, 08:47 PM
yeah i'm still not a crazy about the idea of Apritello

the series does have some cool moments though

.....not the Apritello ones!

Spike Spiegel
09-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Is the first season worth a blind buy on DVD? Also, does it have a good conclusion?

myconius
09-13-2016, 09:00 PM
Is the first season worth a blind buy on DVD? Also, does it have a good conclusion?

i'd say yes, and yes.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 09:03 PM
The first season is great. It ends on a proper season finale.

myconius
09-13-2016, 09:04 PM
from each season out it now ends on cliffhangers leading into the next upcoming season.

Prowler
09-13-2016, 09:08 PM
Wow this got 4 new pages in like 8 hours?

You suck.
:lol:

Zak The Neutrino
09-13-2016, 09:11 PM
The first season is great. It ends on a proper season finale.

I like the first three seasons but it went downhill for me in the fourth. Not that there hasn't been episodes I enjoyed but as a whole it's a no for me. Which is interesting since I really like Fugitoid.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-13-2016, 09:17 PM
I like the first three seasons but it went downhill for me in the fourth. Not that there hasn't been episodes I enjoyed but as a whole it's a no for me. Which is interesting since I really like Fugitoid.

I'm loving season 4 so far but I am a bit dissapointed that it didn't have a two part episode yet, all the other seasons had two of them, but it seems this one will only have one at most.

myconius
09-13-2016, 09:28 PM

yeah the main story of the 'space-arc' started dragging it's feet too much for my tastes.

i am really enjoying the return to the city though.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 10:37 PM
The space arc was great and it provided some much needed variety for the show. There were only 2 episodes I didn't care for, but I enjoy the other batch.

Season 4 has been firing on all cylinders.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 10:43 PM
The space arc was great and it provided some much needed variety for the show. There were only 2 episodes I didn't care for, but I enjoy the other batch.

Season 4 has been firing on all cylinders.

No, no it hasn't.

But now understand your enthusiasm is merely misplaced guilt.

It's okay, let it out.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 10:44 PM
No, no it hasn't.

I now understand your enthusiasm is merely misplaced guilt.

It's okay, let it out.

I loved almost all the space episodes. I don't see what the problem is here. The Turtles go on adventures in space, and it also provided a nice change of pace from the urban enviornment of NY that most of the show takes place in.

Commenter 42
09-13-2016, 11:41 PM
I loved almost all the space episodes. I don't see what the problem is here. The Turtles go on adventures in space, and it also provided a nice change of pace from the urban enviornment of NY that most of the show takes place in.

Almost all. Like I said, there's been good, and bad. It wasn't consistent.
And, that's fine, as a whole, Nick has produced some of the best animated TMNT moments, and really might be the best animated series as a whole; but we are only comparing it to the half baked FW coc-eyed-coke fueled insanity, or the pedantic bore of 2k3.

There are some absolutely stand out eps, with brilliance and heart, then there's the fillers.

It's budget really. If they had the cash, the fillers would be fewer and further between.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 11:54 PM
but we are only comparing it to the half baked FW coc-eyed-coke fueled insanity, or the pedantic bore of 2k3.

The original cartoon is fine for its time and works well as an adventure/parody series rather than an action cartoon, and most of the 2k3 series is very well written and scripted, just falls flat with humor.

I think all 3 cartoons do what they do best for their respective tones and writing styles.

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 12:14 AM
The original cartoon is fine for its time and works well as an adventure/parody series rather than an action cartoon, and most of the 2k3 series is very well written and scripted, just falls flat with humor.

I think all 3 cartoons do what they do best for their respective tones and writing styles.

FW knew what it was at first, sure, but really lost it's way by red sky.
2k3 just makes me cringe, especially the "jokes".

Nick has wit, and charm, most of the time.

At some point though, it would be fantastic to get that hard R, moraley grey, action series, with savage humor.

If it looked like my sig, bonus.

CyberCubed
09-14-2016, 12:26 AM
I thought you said you never watched 2k3 in a long time? If you sit down and watch it properly you'll see why people liked it.

Andrew NDB
09-14-2016, 12:56 AM
I feel an obligation to one day revisit the 2k3 cartoon... but man, it was a rough first go of it.

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 01:12 AM
I thought you said you never watched 2k3 in a long time? If you sit down and watch it properly you'll see why people liked it.

I've seen a few episodes, in an attempt to get into it, but I can't.
Everything about it feels off, not unlike Jarred's PDMT turtles.
I have a gag reflex tied to limited animation in that style. It goes along with my sever allergy to...Reggae.

Steel drums man, nails on a chalkboard.

I feel an obligation to one day revisit the 2k3 cartoon... but man, it was a rough first go of it.

So, you agree, it's not a great show? People go on and on about how much it's like Mirage...

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 01:41 AM
I love it, but was 11 when it debuted and went apeshit over it at the time. So a lot of it is nostalgia.

But it's NOTHING like Mirage. I knew that even back then. If you guys do decide to watch it all, just skip City at War and thank me later.

CyberCubed
09-14-2016, 01:41 AM
I was 17 when the 2k3 series started and rewatched it as a whole about 4-5 times and I still enjoy almost all of it.

Prowler
09-14-2016, 01:45 AM
I was between 11 and 13, I think. After watching FW reruns on cable religiously when I was a kid I was getting to the point that the Turtles didn't feel edgy enough anymore, not even the Red Sky seasons, so the 4Kids series felt like the Turtles had grown up with me. They actually *gasp* USED THEIR WEAPONS :teek:

Spike Spiegel
09-14-2016, 06:06 AM
I love it, but was 11 when it debuted and went apeshit over it at the time. So a lot of it is nostalgia.

But it's NOTHING like Mirage. I knew that even back then. If you guys do decide to watch it all, just skip City at War and thank me later.

My experience with 2k3 was similar. I still remember watching those first promos on my father's big TV. Thinking about the first and second seasons especially gives me those warm fuzzies. I even slogged through the first PS2 game based on the franchise--after I used the cheat code to be able to play as Splinter.

I'd seen the first season of FW on VHS years earlier when I was maybe four or five years old, so it felt like what others have also described--like the Turtles were growing up with me.

The feelings I had watching 2k3 were duplicated on a greater level when I actually had the opportunity to read Mirage.

I think it dropped in quality substantially after the Ch'rell reveal--even though I like the sci-fi setting of Fast Forward (it's like a whole show based on the first act of Back to the Future Part II) and some of the darker episodes of season 4.

But my essential headcanon stops with Ch'rell dying in "Secret Origins."

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Haha, I loved the old PS2 game, too. Played through it with each turtle, Splinter and Casey lol. Even beat Hamato Yoshi to finish the tournament mode.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 07:10 AM
How long until this thread is closed? Mods must be so annoyed when they see a new thread in this section, because it always goes off-topic and it always has some argument.

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 07:34 AM
yeah i'm still not a crazy about the idea of Apritello

the series does have some cool moments though

.....not the Apritello ones!

The first season is the only one I could feel confident suggesting people buy on DVD. The other seasons have good episodes, but I think there best purchased digitally so that you can pick and choose your episodes.

Apritello is my least favorite part of the show followed very closely by the portrayal of Mike.

I never watched the 2K3 series all the way through, but I did like the episodes I managed to watch. The theme song though, that was a big turn-off for me. And at the time I found it really hard to watch a show when I couldn't get through the first couple minutes.

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 11:34 AM
How long until this thread is closed? Mods must be so annoyed when they see a new thread in this section, because it always goes off-topic and it always has some argument.

Stop it. We're having a natural normal conversation.
Things go off topic when the topic is exhausted.

We all learned something here, specifically, no one really liked 2k3...it's mostly nostalgia.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 11:37 AM
I was referring to the "who scared Ciro away?" spat a few pages back...

Andrew NDB
09-14-2016, 11:39 AM

I'm OK with the whole Platinum Dunes forum being napalmed.

Prowler
09-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Haha, I loved the old PS2 game, too. Played through it with each turtle, Splinter and Casey lol. Even beat Hamato Yoshi to finish the tournament mode.
I still own BattleNexus for the GameCube. It wasn't a good game overall but I had a blast with it back when I was 14 years old.

CyberCubed
09-14-2016, 11:47 AM
I never watched the 2K3 series all the way through, but I did like the episodes I managed to watch. The theme song though, that was a big turn-off for me. And at the time I found it really hard to watch a show when I couldn't get through the first couple minutes.

What kind of logic is this? You can skip the theme song, you know. I never rewatch the theme songs all the time when I go back through old shows.

You're seriously saying a theme song prevented you from enjoying episode?

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Wait...we can skip themesongs?
Since when?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:02 PM
We all learned something here, specifically, no one really liked 2k3...it's mostly nostalgia.

Incorrect. I heartily love 4Kids Seasons 1 through 4.

I'M SOMEBODY, DAMMIT! WITNESS ME!!!

Since when?

Well, when rewatching you sure can... and I agree. The 4Kids theme-song is the WORST. Thank goodness for the mute button on the remote. I've never sat through it once.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Since when?

On my DVDs I can hit the >> button on the remote to skip to the next chapter (which is the end of the theme song). I don't know if your DVDs have chapter files though.

I'm OK with the whole Platinum Dunes forum being napalmed.

Send it to the Disintegrator Unit!

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 12:06 PM
For what it's worth, I really liked what I've seen of 2k3, which considering I went out of my way to buy on dvd should really be all of it.

But alas, I've still only seen maybe two dozen episodes tops.

And yeah...wow, that theme song, is rough.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 12:09 PM
What I found more annoying than the theme songs was the 'in media res' style of the teasers (the bit before the theme song).

CyberCubed
09-14-2016, 12:10 PM
So plastron really wasn't being sarcastic when she said she didn't know you can skip theme songs?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:11 PM
For what it's worth, I really liked what I've seen of 2k3, which considering I went out of my way to buy on dvd should really be all of it.

But alas, I've still only seen maybe two dozen episodes tops.

And yeah...wow, that theme song, is rough.

Worst theme song EVER. I was heartily relieved to find that the Nick theme is actually pretty darn good. Sort of an updated Fred Wolf theme (best part of Fred Wolf TMNT, even if I hate the show).

YouTube... Americans can watch the good stuff (Seasons 1 through 4 and, for other people, 5 and 6) on YouTube. Maybe even Season 7, too... not sure on that.

Prowler
09-14-2016, 12:12 PM
I'd take 2k3's theme song over Nick's ANY DAY.

Meow
09-14-2016, 12:12 PM
You people complain about other people vandalizing threads in general and for that you create a separate thread? Yeah, keep it up with the double standards. Oh yeah and wonderful vandalay in this thread that shifts from one unnecessary topic to another within not even a hand full of posts. Yeah, right, vandalay, always the others.

If chasing any ball thrown that comes along and fighting allegedly "bad Mews" sums up all of your lifes worries then it is actually YOU making this board as bad as it is. The only difference to worse places like Steam boards is that all of you require 8 sentences instead of just saying "Eff you". If you'd all be this ecstatic with the factual topics and threads, respect and let people be what they are instead of changing subjects and people to your personal liking this place could be a better one - it isn't though.

The only thing that keeps this board alive is the reason it's here for almost 2 decades and that there's no other place in comparison. Yeah maybe the figurerealm but that's builders place, not whiners hideout.

Threads like this one disgust me, a lot of you people on here disgust me for your ignorance, disrespect and the pure sakes of acting like you're someone better. And yet, I simply ignore all of that since you try to make your sorrows and stresses those of others, definately not mine. Go ahead, try to bring down more people who try to enjoy this board but sooner or later fail to do so. Go ahead, you regularely visitors surely know how to run this place as you always did ;)

Please don't expect me to read any posts after this one or even participate in this low level thread any further. Wake up, don't suck. And may I remind you we're here for the Turtles - something we all like and came for - and nothing else than that. Not comfortable with that? Yeah, you surely have a hair dresser, right? Not comfortable with my post and what I have to say? Yeah, go ahead and make this place a better one than it is already, period.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:13 PM
I'd take 2k3's theme song over Nick's ANY DAY.

Really? The 4Kids TMNT theme made me want to convert to some monastic religion, take a vow of silence, and never leave an exposed mountain peak ever again, surviving solely on melted snow and whatever food the ravens would bring to me.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:15 PM
You people complain about other people vandalizing threads in general and for that you create a separate thread? Yeah, keep it up with the double standards. Oh yeah and wonderful vandalay in this thread that shifts from one unnecessary topic to another within not even a hand full of posts. Yeah, right, vandalay, always the others.

If chasing any ball thrown that comes along and fighting allegedly "bad Mews" sums up all of your lifes worries then it is actually YOU making this board as bad as it is. The only difference to worse places like Steam boards is that all of you require 8 sentences instead of just saying "Eff you". If you'd all be this ecstatic with the factual topics and threads, respect and let people be what they are instead of changing subjects and people to your personal liking this place could be a better one - it isn't though.

The only thing that keeps this board alive is the reason it's here for almost 2 decades and that there's no other place in comparison. Yeah maybe the figurerealm but that's builders place, not whiners hideout.

Threads like this one disgust me, a lot of you people on here disgust me for your ignorance, disrespect and the pure sakes of acting like you're someone better. And yet, I simply ignore all of that since you try to make your sorrows and stresses those of others, definately not mine. Go ahead, try to bring down more people who try to enjoy this board but sooner or later fail to do so. Go ahead, you regularely visitors surely know how to run this place as you always did ;)

Please don't expect me to read any posts after this one or even participate in this low level thread any further. Wake up, don't suck. And may I remind you we're here for the Turtles - something we all like and came for - and nothing else than that. Not comfortable with that? Yeah, you surely have a hair dresser, right? Not comfortable with my post and what I have to say? Yeah, go ahead and make this place a better one than it is already, period. ... blah blah blah...

Rule of Acquisition #19: "Satisfaction is not guaranteed."

Candy Kappa
09-14-2016, 12:18 PM
What's a vandalay?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 12:19 PM

Please don't expect me to read any posts after this one or even participate in this low level thread any further. Wake up, don't suck. And may I remind you we're here for the Turtles - something we all like and came for - and nothing else than that. Not comfortable with that? Yeah, you surely have a hair dresser, right? Not comfortable with my post and what I have to say? Yeah, go ahead and make this place a better one than it is already, period.

No sarcasm... no sly wit! No name-calling! What kind of a 'Drome post is this?

Must be a bot.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:21 PM
What's a vandalay?

I want to know what he meant by we all have a hairdresser... I'm personally offended, because I'm bald. I think he's prejudiced against people who shave their heads. :tevil:

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 12:22 PM
https://c.sceneclip.com/data/clip/MnCveGg/clip.small.gif

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 12:23 PM
And what are "bad Mews"? Is he referring to Mew?
If so, "bad Mew" is a redundancy.

Candy Kappa
09-14-2016, 12:23 PM
Ah, yes. Art Vandalay :lol:

I want to know what he meant by we all have a hairdresser... I'm personally offended, because I'm bald. I think he's prejudiced against people who shave their heads. :tevil:

Could have a hairdresser shine that dome.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Ah, yes. Art Vandalay :lol:

Could have a hairdresser shine that dome.

No, it's too late. I feel slighted, embarrassed, and unworthy. If bald people are worthless, I'm just going to grow my hair out again.

The bald of awesome is not worth the shaming and judgment. :tcry:

And what are "bad Mews"? Is he referring to Mew?
If so, "bad Mew" is a redundancy.

Bad news? Bad Mews? No Mews is Good Mews? :tlol:

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 12:25 PM
I particularly like how mismatched their word-choice is given their thesis.
5/10 Would laugh at again.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:25 PM
I particularly like how mismatched their word-choice is given their thesis.
5/10 Would laugh at again.

I give this thread 5/7.

Candy Kappa
09-14-2016, 12:27 PM
I give this thread 5/7.

You made me spit my Pepsi out..

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:35 PM
You made me spit my Pepsi out..

My work here is complete.

... Barring any further opportunities to educate you pathetic hew-mons on the wisdom of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, of course.

snake
09-14-2016, 12:54 PM
2k3 has the best tmnt theme song. OT's second.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 12:56 PM
2k3 has the best tmnt theme song. OT's second.

Just for that, in the next PC vs Snake showdown, I'm totally on her side. :trazz:

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Come on guys, everyone knows the Next Mutation had the best.
NANANANA NINJA! NINJA TURTLZZZ!
NANANANA NINJA! NINJA TURTLZZZ!

snake
09-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Just for that, in the next PC vs Snake showdown, I'm totally on her side. :trazz:

I think Back to the Sewers is the 3rd best. Being serious.

Nick would be 1 if the got the beastie boys to sing it (that was the original plan).

Powder
09-14-2016, 02:06 PM

I'm not sure you have any right to preach about post quality:

we are both catties :) Meee-haw Mew Mewo ^^

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeewwwwooww this is so lovely :) Meow likes, Meow mews with Mew <3

Wowmeow, me too Meau Mee-Ew Mew!

Eeeehh... mklove, not war *MEWRAWR!!!!* :grin: I'M FOR SALE!!! lmao

Dear Mr Krang from a foreign dimension! I'm just a cat, a weird one, but I have fellow fellows around here being all furry with me and all that. Please change my nickname as I need to be more than be fur in the wind rather than a ball of fur I'm gladly willing to dedicate to the technodrome so you can take it with you into dimension X *superpurr*

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 02:07 PM
I love you so much, Powder. :tlol:

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Lol, ****head.

Candy Kappa
09-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Amazing :lol:

snake
09-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Meow! Meow! I'm a f*cking CAT!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 03:10 PM
Meow! Meow! I'm a f*cking CAT!

If one more member joins the 'Drome with a cat motiff, I'm gonna go "Netkeeper against Bubbly" on them.

snake
09-14-2016, 03:11 PM
If one more member joins the 'Drome with a cat motiff, I'm gonna go "Netkeeper against Bubbly" on them.

Why do we never get users with dog gimmicks? They can all speak like DMX and form gangs 'n such.

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 03:15 PM
We once had an influx of trolls who swore to be Bone Thugs N Harmony. They were worse than these cat people.

Andrew NDB
09-14-2016, 03:16 PM
We once had an influx of trolls who swore to be Bone Thugs N Harmony. They were worse than these cat people.

Wow, I'd almost forgotten about that.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 03:17 PM

I STILL don't remember it... must've been on hiatus when it went down.

snake
09-14-2016, 03:22 PM

They actually came back to post 2 years back that their song got cut from the 2014 movie. :lol:

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Krang, I'd like my name changed to "Cat". Nothing more, nothing less.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Krang, I'd like my name changed to "Cat". Nothing more, nothing less.

And I would like mine changed to:

"BrickTiedToAGunnysackAndApproachingABridge"

Or maybe just "HungryPitbull".

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 03:54 PM
I was referring to the "who scared Ciro away?" spat a few pages back...

You're no fun at all. That was great. Everyone had a good time, even you.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Heh... guilty as charged.

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 03:56 PM
You're no fun at all. That was great. Everyone had a good time, even you.

So did we determine it was cubed? He and PC never had it out head on.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 03:57 PM
I think it was more than just those two. Ciro would have to be a very sensitive person to run away crying if only one person ('Cubed) told him his show sucked.

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 04:00 PM
I dunno, it's been impressed upon me that he's a very sensitive, artistic type. So maybe Cubed would have been enough. I just know Cubed tried to blame me for it.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 04:05 PM
I don't know how you get to be that high in the TV show business and become a showrunner if you're that sensitive... with bosses breathing down your neck with mandates and refusals to allow your ideas.

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I don't know either.

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 04:10 PM
I dunno, it's been impressed upon me that he's a very sensitive, artistic type. So maybe Cubed would have been enough. I just know Cubed tried to blame me for it.

Well, I blame you, if it's any consolation.

Powder
09-14-2016, 04:10 PM
Various users were making comparisons to 4kids left & right, saying how Nick's Baxter was "wrong". That is what set him off. He did say "you people", as in, several, & I understood where he was coming from. Guy dealt with the same sh*t 4kids showrunners did when casuals caught on to it & were bothered it wasn't like Fred Wolf. Nobody wants to be in the shadow of another body of work, they want their creations to be seen as individuals, which despite it being an installment of a pre-existing franchise, is fairly easy to do for most normal fans.

Can we stop dredging this BS up now?

CyberCubed
09-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Not to mention it was 4 years ago back in 2012.

I am the biggest defender of the Nick show and try to get rid of all the negativity in the Nick section.

snake
09-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Cybercubed: Chief of the Thought Police

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Cybercubed: Chief of the Thought Police

The Drome is very Orwellian. ThoughtcrimeCubed, PC and her Newspeak, certain factions always at war, mods watching our every move!

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 05:03 PM
To be honest we have some pretty lenient mods. I'm very thankful for that!

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 05:05 PM
It was a joke... am I that eccentric that you bought that?

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Newspeak: Word for terms coined by reddit, 4Chan, and tumblr well over a year ago.
(we've always been at war with eastasia)

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 05:13 PM
It was a joke... am I that eccentric that you bought that?

Nah, just stating that I have seen forums where the mods quite viciously edit, delete, and move people's posts for whatever reason. And that I'm glad this site's mods don't screw around like that.

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 05:31 PM
I hate newspeak, I tell ye.

snake
09-14-2016, 06:13 PM
To be honest we have some pretty lenient mods. I'm very thankful for that!

Every thread under the "snake vs the world" tag has been locked by Machias with the exception of this one

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Well I think we've figured out who's killing all the threads then... ;)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 06:47 PM
That damned lowdown Snake in the grass...

snake
09-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Youlllll neverrrrr see me cominnnnng

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Youlllll neverrrrr see me cominnnnng

:tlol:

Sure I will. You're polluting a restroom while two bored hookers sit in bed and watch the futbol game.

snake
09-14-2016, 07:13 PM
:tlol:

Sure I will. You're polluting a restroom while two bored hookers sit in bed and watch the futbol game.

I didn't expect anyone to actually get that, but I'm glad you did. :lol:

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 07:15 PM
How much do these hookers weigh?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 07:16 PM
I hated Iron Man 3

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 07:22 PM
I didn't expect anyone to actually get that, but I'm glad you did. :lol:

It's burned into my memory. I hide the pain, but it's still there.

I hated Iron Man 3

Believe me, SkelMan, I hated it, too. Could've been so good.

But making Ben Kingsley's Mandarin into a joke... they put all that work into updating and modernizing the Mandarin (goodbye, evil Yellow Scare villain) only to make the villain a fire-breathing nerd with a grudge.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Honestly the MCU as a whole is so much better if you imagine that movie didn't exist.

snake
09-14-2016, 07:25 PM
How much do these hookers weigh?

We still haven't got an official explanation on that

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 07:27 PM
I hear it'll be elaborated on in a Phase 7 film

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 07:28 PM
But making Ben Kingsley's Mandarin into a joke... they put all that work into updating and modernizing the Mandarin (goodbye, evil Yellow Scare villain) only to make the villain a fire-breathing nerd with a grudge.

No yellow scare, but in turn... aren't the MCU 10 Rings kinda Islamaphoby?

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 07:35 PM

They've kind of been dropped since IM:1, but given what we learn about the Mandarin in IM:3, I think it's safe to assume that it's all White Dudes using Islamophobia as a smoke screen.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 07:35 PM

That argument can be made, but I don't think it's valid. Our generation sees tons of violence in the Middle East; it's just like when 80's movies had the Russians or the Communists as the antagonists. It's the political reality of the day.

Not everybody's running around in burkas and turbans in Iron Man 1 and 3, so I think Marvel has done a good job of showing our current political and cultural atmosphere without being insulting or bigoted about it.

Honestly the MCU as a whole is so much better if you imagine that movie didn't exist.

Believe me, I do. Avengers 2 saw fit to ignore the movie completely, so... :tgrin:

I mean, Civil War did make a very short mention of blowing up all his suits, but right now, The Incredible Hulk gets more callbacks than Iron Man 3. Hope it stays that way.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 07:42 PM
Incidentally, Joss Whedon should write an open letter of apology for his work for the Avengers films. AoU was horrible.

snake
09-14-2016, 07:43 PM
I for one, enjoy seeing terrorists getting the sh*t blasted out of them.

Just not in capeshit. Seriously, so many villains to choose from and you're still picking boring turban dude?

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 07:47 PM
They've kind of been dropped since IM:1, but given what we learn about the Mandarin in IM:3, I think it's safe to assume that it's all White Dudes using Islamophobia as a smoke screen.

I dunno, I didn't get a puppet vibe from them in IM1. Plus the Mandarin short (as well as the IM3 prelude comics) indicates that they're still out there. The real deal, that is. Not Killian's infomercial.

That being said, the Zola reveal in Winter Soldier made me wonder if Hydra was behind the 10 Rings, since his little montage hinted that they were responsible for everything bad in the world lol.

That argument can be made, but I don't think it's valid. Our generation sees tons of violence in the Middle East; it's just like when 80's movies had the Russians or the Communists as the antagonists. It's the political reality of the day.

Not everybody's running around in burkas and turbans in Iron Man 1 and 3, so I think Marvel has done a good job of showing our current political and cultural atmosphere without being insulting or bigoted about it.

Not saying I find them to be an offensive portrayal, just that they're racial/cultural stereotypes too, at the end of the day.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-14-2016, 07:50 PM
I dunno, I didn't get a puppet vibe from them in IM1. Plus the Mandarin short indicates that they're still out there.

Nothing will come of that. That short was a quick apology for Iron Man 3.
That's what Shane Black called it. "Marvel saw so many negative things they made a whole other movie just to apologize called Hail to the King."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 07:51 PM
I dunno, I didn't get a puppet vibe from them in IM1. Plus the Mandarin short indicates that they're still out there. The real deal, that is. Not Killian's infomercial.

That being said, the Zola reveal in Winter Soldier made me wonder if Hydra was behind the 10 Rings, since his little montage hinted that they were responsible for everything bad in the world lol.

Not saying I find them to be an offensive portrayal, just that they're racial/cultural stereotypes too, at the end of the day.

I dunno, I could see it going either way. I think Favreau was going to go much more traditional with the Ten Rings (obviously so with the Mandarin, from what he's said), but after the Winter Soldier Hydra reveal, the best in-universe route to go would be to have the Ten Rings as a puppet organization for Hydra in the Middle East.

Nothing will come of that. That short was a quick apology for Iron Man 3.
That's what Shane Black called it. "Marvel saw so many negative things they made a whole other movie just to apologize called Hail to the King."

Yeah... :tsad: We've got about as much chance as seeing any of the below options as seeing the real Mandarin.

A) The Leader
B) The Incredible Hulk 2
C) Red Hulk
D) Betty Ross
E) Agent Coulson's cinematic return
F) Black Widow solo movie
G) Hawkeye solo movie

CyberCubed
09-14-2016, 08:00 PM
https://prof77.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/black-girl-hillary-clinton-1.jpg

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 08:02 PM
I dunno, I could see it going either way. I think Favreau was going to go much more traditional with the Ten Rings (obviously so with the Mandarin, from what he's said), but after the Winter Soldier Hydra reveal, the best in-universe route to go would be to have the Ten Rings as a puppet organization for Hydra in the Middle East.

Yeah... :tsad: We've got about as much chance as seeing any of the below options as seeing the real Mandarin.

A) The Leader
B) The Incredible Hulk 2
C) Red Hulk
D) Betty Ross
E) Agent Coulson's cinematic return
F) Black Widow solo movie
G) Hawkeye solo movie

Strangely enough, I'm actually okay with all of these not happening.
Especially G. It wouldn't be the Hawkeye movie I'd want to see, and so it'd feel kind of like Gotham. So close to what I really want, but failing in every way that's important.

Now...a Hawkguy movie, that's something I could get behind.

TigerClaw
09-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Especially G. It wouldn't be the Hawkeye movie I'd want to see, and so it'd feel kind of like Gotham. So close to what I really want, but failing in every way that's important.

Actually we need a Black Widow movie, and have Hawkeye be in it, since those two characters have a history together.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 08:18 PM

I'm not okay with missing out on the Leader, The Incredible Hulk 2, Red Hulk, Betty Ross, or the real Mandarin, but I've come to terms with it. They're not happening. Sigh.

snake
09-14-2016, 08:27 PM
https://prof77.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/black-girl-hillary-clinton-1.jpg

The f*ck is this?

plastroncafe
09-14-2016, 08:41 PM
Actually we need a Black Widow movie, and have Hawkeye be in it, since those two characters have a history together.

I'd love to see a Black Widow movie, but...I'm just not holding my breath for it to happen.

I'm not okay with missing out on the Leader, The Incredible Hulk 2, Red Hulk, Betty Ross, or the real Mandarin, but I've come to terms with it. They're not happening. Sigh.

This is the part of the Marvel Universe that I just never got into. I was all X-folks all the time, so my investment in expanding this section of the universe is...minimal.

https://abootlander.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/pat-head.gif

It'll be okay though. I promise.