PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sound effects?

snake
09-07-2016, 05:35 PM
I noticed the show tends to use the same ones throughout the episodes. Do you have any personal favorites?

Mine are

The mousers sound effect- BAUMBAUMBAUMBAUM

The riff that plays whenever Saki holds up the picture of the turtles on the thermal camera- DUNANUNANUNANUHNA

The f*cking kabuki sound that plays at the mere sight of shredder- YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And if anyone knows, are these stock sound effects or original creations?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-07-2016, 05:41 PM
You mean leitmotifs? These sound like musical descriptions.

The Kabuki sound I've heard elsewhere, but it's still super awesome in the show and incredibly effective.

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 05:53 PM
The mouser roar was great. Bishop's guts on a hook. And the yoooo thing lol.

Utrommaniac
09-07-2016, 06:13 PM
The f*cking kabuki sound that plays at the mere sight of shredder- YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I like to call that his own personal Screaming Professor Farnsworth. It makes me think of the music that plays whenever the Fire Nation shows up in Avatar: The Last Air Bender. Bwomp bwomp-bwomp bwomp bwaaaamp.

blindturtle02
09-08-2016, 01:01 PM
I like to call that his own personal Screaming Professor Farnsworth. It makes me think of the music that plays whenever the Fire Nation shows up in Avatar: The Last Air Bender. Bwomp bwomp-bwomp bwomp bwaaaamp.

My screen reading program serves as a very sucky sound effect guy! It's like Ben Stein got signed on to do the 2k3 sounds and music cues. But yeah, I enjoy all of these.
Some favorite cues of mine would probably have to be Bishop's theme, with Shredder/Saki's tying. Also love the Tribunal's cues too.
Favorite sound effects include all of the breaking furniture whenever the turtles or villains are slammed into it, Shredder's claws doing their thing, Triceraton and Federation blasters, Bishop screaming as he's impaled, and the list goes on.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-08-2016, 01:04 PM
There's a part - I think it's in Good Genes Pt. 2 - where Mikey is holding the Heart of Tengu or whatever it's called and a Foot Elite attempts to stab him; the Heart makes a force-field around Mikey. There's some very cool sound design in that little moment.

Powder
09-08-2016, 04:14 PM
YoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo~! is the best, but certainly not exclusive to this series.

Jephael
09-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Pretty much any sound made by a computer or some source of electronic device.

TMNachoT
09-28-2016, 02:55 PM
Mousers sounds are a cool! The music when Splinter is telling April how the turtles where mutated, the canister and stuff, thatīs cool too.