PDA

View Full Version : Do you see yourself still posting on these forums 5 years from now?

Prowler
09-07-2016, 10:09 PM
This forum, despite not being huge, has had a sizeable amount of regulars that have been here for nearly a decade or even over. Ofc several have eventually left or stopped being so regular. Plus some probably outgrew the Turtles as a whole.

I don't know myself. I guess it depends if I'm still into TMNT by then or not. I've liked the TMNT through my whole life pretty much, so they're sorta ingrained in my DNA like video games and soccer are. No one can predict the future, but unless I move on from the Turtles I don't see why won't still log in here by then. Even if my life gets busier, it's not like it'd take me a lot of time to log in in a message board and check a couple of new threads.

What about you?

Zak The Neutrino
09-07-2016, 10:29 PM
I do. I still really hope FB dies a horrible death and people go back to forum posting.

Prowler
09-07-2016, 10:31 PM
I do. I still really hope FB dies a horrible death and people go back to forum posting.
If FB ever dies it will just be replaced by another social network.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 10:32 PM
I'll probably still be here 20 years from now. I can't wait to be a 50-60 year old on this forum educating the 5th generation of TMNT fans watching the 5th or 6th TMNT cartoon about TMNT franchise history.

I'll be known as, "Old Man Cybercubed" by then, or "Grandpa Cyber."

I can't wait.

Prowler
09-07-2016, 10:35 PM
I'll probably still be here 20 years from now. I can't wait to be a 50-60 year old on this forum educating the 5th generation of TMNT fans watching the 5th or 6th TMNT cartoon about TMNT franchise history.

I can't wait.
Dude if you're still as active on the internet by then as you are nowadays I think it's safe to say your life went wrong somewhere.

Don't you plan on getting wife and kids? Because those require a lot of your free time.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Being on the internet doesn't mean you don't do anything else with your life. By that logic nobody over the age of 30 should be online.

IndigoErth
09-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Only been here a bit over two, though it's somehow already been that long, so far, so why not. I enjoy being part of an active forum.

At most I might end up less active if the Turtles go into hibernation mode for a bit at some point and there is less to discuss for a while.

Wildcat
Sure. Love TMNT so why not? Has the latest news and discussions.

Zak The Neutrino
Dude if you're still as active on the internet by then as you are nowadays I think it's safe to say your life went wrong somewhere.

Don't you plan on getting wife and kids? Because those require a lot of your free time.

Being on the internet doesn't mean you don't do anything else with your life. By that logic nobody over the age of 30 should be online.

What cubed says. I have a wife and two boys and getting on the internet isn't a huge issue especially with phones these days. When you become a parent you get really good at multitasking.

Andrew NDB
09-07-2016, 10:47 PM
When you become a parent you get really good at multitasking.

Very true.

Powder
09-07-2016, 11:16 PM
So long as I am alive & have internet access, I will be here.

Candy Kappa
09-08-2016, 03:57 AM
Sure, I'll probably be around until either I or the forums collapses.

Icebot
09-08-2016, 04:09 AM
I've been here for 7 years so I don't see why not.

snake
09-08-2016, 04:31 AM
I'll be here until I or the forums die.

How many years do you think it'll stay up though? How do vbullitens work, exactly? If the company goes under do we go under?

Prowler
09-08-2016, 04:45 AM
I'll be here until I or the forums die.

How many years do you think it'll stay up though? How do vbullitens work, exactly? If the company goes under do we go under?
Well yeah, if the company went under this forum would go under. Vbulletin forums have been around for like nearly 2 decades now, though. Doubt they're going away anytime soon. And it's not like Krang and Shredder couldn't migrate the forums to another message board host, I suppose.

Krutch
09-08-2016, 06:34 AM
I'll be here. I might even break 2000 posts by then, too!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 08:03 AM

This plus "as long as IDW keeps writing TMNT." Or Peter Laird decides "what the hell" and writes Issue #33. :tlol:

TheSkeletonMan939
09-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Unless the forum goes to sh!t, I'm totally gonna be hanging out here for as long as I can.

Zak The Neutrino
09-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Well yeah, if the company went under this forum would go under. Vbulletin forums have been around for like nearly 2 decades now, though. Doubt they're going away anytime soon. And it's not like Krang and Shredder couldn't migrate the forums to another message board host, I suppose.

Vbulletin is only the program it runs on and my guess unless the internet drastically changed where Vbulletin didn't work anymore and they were no longer updating that would be the only issue with that.

The bigger question would be if Krang decided to stop paying hosting fees. I'm guessing he has to pay something to host this site some where.

Prowler
09-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Vbulletin is only the program it runs on and my guess unless the internet drastically changed where Vbulletin didn't work anymore and they were no longer updating that would be the only issue with that.

The bigger question would be if Krang decided to stop paying hosting fees. I'm guessing he has to pay something to host this site some where.
How much does it cost, I wonder.

Wesley
09-08-2016, 10:07 AM
I've only been here for about 2 years, but I'd say I'll probably continue posting stuff every now and then for the time being. I think this forum is a great website for fans to discuss tmnt or other stuff even if I ever outgrow the turtles and the community is quite active.

Zak The Neutrino
09-08-2016, 10:22 AM
How much does it cost, I wonder.

Depends on how much speed and space you require and how reliable your host is. I've seen as low as $30 a year. I think the one forum I work on I think we pay around $60 a month. I'm guessing with how well this forum runs Krang has to be paying close to that.

BubblyShell22
09-08-2016, 11:38 AM
I have no idea honestly. Just depends on what I'm doing and if I have access to it. I know my time's going to be limited once Dad comes home, so I'll just get on when I can and leave it at that.

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 01:42 PM
If Krang ever decided to shut down this forum it probably would have happened a decade ago. These forums have been around 16 years.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 01:43 PM
If Krang ever decided to shut down this forum it probably would have happened a decade ago. These forums have been around 16 years.

I've often wondered who's footing the bill these days. Are we all like Milton, a bug in the system?

Zak The Neutrino
09-08-2016, 01:59 PM
I've often wondered who's footing the bill these days. Are we all like Milton, a bug in the system?

Well if you have ads which this forum does you get money from those ads. If you have a heavy traffic forum you can actually make money off a forum.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Well if you have ads which this forum does you get money from those ads. If you have a heavy traffic forum you can actually make money off a forum.

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting, mainly 'cause Adblocker. :tgrin:

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 02:24 PM
At the time these forums were made social media didn't exist. All forums everywhere have had a huge decrease in activity once twitter/tumblr/facebook and youtube exploded in popularity.

Now people just post what they like on their own blogs/channels and forums like this where everyone discusses together are a thing of the past.

Andrew NDB
09-08-2016, 03:45 PM

Hmmm...

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4985/Gzh9Yl.jpg

http://generator-meme.com/inc/media/memes/suspicious-dog.jpg

snake
09-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Hmmm...

Powder and plant both start with p

Andrew NDB
09-08-2016, 04:02 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/pdsh/images/6/61/Killer_plant.jpg

Prowler
09-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Hmmm...

Why did you do that lol

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 09:56 PM
I sometimes feel like anyone who registered here after 2010 came here because of the Nick cartoon, but I know that's not true since there's tons of old-school TMNT fans who just didn't come to this forum until recently.

Prowler
09-08-2016, 09:58 PM
I sometimes feel like anyone who registered here after 2010 came here because of the Nick cartoon, but I know that's not true since there's tons of old-school TMNT fans who just didn't come to this forum until recently.
I registered right at the time between the end of 4Kids TMNT and Viacom's purchase of the franchise, I believe. I recall you being worried at the time that the TMNT property was approaching its death.

Does anyone remember the "A world without TMNT is not a world I want to live in" CyberCubed quote?

snake
09-08-2016, 10:13 PM
I registered right at the time between the end of 4Kids TMNT and Viacom's purchase of the franchise, I believe. I recall you being worried at the time that the TMNT property was approaching its death.

Does anyone remember the "A world without TMNT is not a world I want to live in" CyberCubed quote?

I do! From my old lurking only days. I joined in 2013 over a week when I was bed ridden with the flu. I did nothing but sh*tpost here for 5 days with minor resting in between. So many people called me out on the number of pointless posts I made :lol:

It's hard to believe I was 11 at the time.

Casey
09-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Absolutely!

Zak The Neutrino
09-09-2016, 09:46 AM

Well the Nick cartoon was what got me back into TMNT in a way. My son started to like TMNT and my other collection was nearing completion so I got into TMNT again.

Wesley
09-09-2016, 10:56 AM

I only registered in 2014, but I've visited the website and this forum every now and then since 2002.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Interesting enough I lurked registered here because the 2k3 cartoon started and the Mirage comics were going on and wanted to discuss them.

Its hard to believe that was over a decade ago. I still can't get over the fact that the early 2000's are now 10-15 years ago. Sometimes I feel like 2005 was just a few years ago.

Prowler
09-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Interesting enough I lurked registered here because the 2k3 cartoon started and the Mirage comics were going on and wanted to discuss them.

Its hard to believe that was over a decade ago. I still can't get over the fact that the early 2000's are now 10-15 years ago. Sometimes I feel like 2005 was just a few years ago.
I find it harder to believe that 2009 was already 7 years ago. It doesn't feel like I've been here for that long since I only became a regular around late 2013/early 2014.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Its hard to believe 2010 was 6 years ago too. That was a start of the new decade. Its hard to believe 2008 was 8 years ago, as that's when I finished College. Its hard to believe the year 2000 was 16 years ago. Its hard to believe the 90's are now 30 years old.

The passage of time scares me. It seems like only yesterday I was an angsty teenager on forums...now I am an old adult man. How the hell did that happen?

Powder
09-09-2016, 09:13 PM
It's hard to believe it's not butter.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Its hard to believe 2010 was 6 years ago too. That was a start of the new decade. Its hard to believe 2008 was 8 years ago, as that's when I finished College. Its hard to believe the year 2000 was 16 years ago. Its hard to believe the 90's are now 30 years old.

The passage of time scares me. It seems like only yesterday I was an angsty teenager on forums...now I am an old adult man. How the hell did that happen?

Better prepare, Uncle Cubed. Old age creeps up on us all. Start stocking up!

Cubed's Shopping List

Denture Cleaner
Adult Diapers
Replacement Tennis Balls for My Walker

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Don't you guys remember being teenagers like it was only yesterday? People weren't kidding when they say your 20's fly by at the blink of an eye. I guess its true what they say, "Youth is wasted on the young."

What I would give to be 21 again.

Prowler
09-09-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't miss being 21. I mean, wouldn't mind being that age again, but wouldn't want to go through what i did at the time. Plus I was so immature still. To be honest, the only things that scare me about ageing are deteriorating health and less job opportunities. Getting unemployed at age of 45 sounds scary. But as far as personality and maturity go? I kinda hope I'm a lot wiser, more well travelled and more cultured by the time I'm 31-32. I can see the panties dropping now.

snake
09-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Don't you guys remember being teenagers like it was only yesterday? People weren't kidding when they say your 20's fly by at the blink of an eye. I guess its true what they say, "Youth is wasted on the young."

Cybercubed sold his soul to satan in exchange for an infinite time loop of the early 2000s

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Cybercubed sold his soul to satan in exchange for an infinite time loop of the early 2000s

Pretty sure the devil wouldn't touch Cubed's soul with a ten-foot pitchfork.

Prowler
09-09-2016, 09:41 PM
At the rate things are going people born in the late 20th century are gonna live to 100 or close to it. Unless they die of cancer at middle age, since it's becoming such a common health issue.

Don't smoke, don't drink heavily and cut back on processed food people. Seriously.

TMNT_Guy
09-09-2016, 09:47 PM
One of my biggest fears as a kid was growing up to be a bum in his underwear on Buzzy's Jim and Zim Board all day. Luckily that never happened because Buzzy's Jim and Zim Board closed down and now I spend my time on a few forums and I'm even wearing pants...so...hmm.

Never mind.

Prowler
09-09-2016, 09:50 PM
One of my biggest fears as a kid was growing up to be a bum in his underwear on Buzzy's Jim and Zim Board all day. Luckily that never happened because Buzzy's Jim and Zim Board closed down and now I spend my time on a few forums and I'm even wearing pants...so...hmm.

Never mind.
When I was in 6th grade, I was scared of high school and university. Thinking they'd be super hard and I'd have to study all day long.

Turns out they're not so much. And I had no idea how much my brain would develop as I aged. I needed to study a lot more when I was a kid than when I was in my late teens in HS, where I could not study at all for a test and still pass it.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Its kinda sad when you realize about 1/4th of your life is already over, and that's assuming you make it to the year 100.

Anyone who is already 25 years old...how do you feel that 1/4th of your life or more is done?

DarkFell
09-09-2016, 10:10 PM
http://www.forzombies.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/DearZombiesBW.jpg

:P

Yeah, I'll probably still be around.

Prowler
09-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Its kinda sad when you realize about 1/4th of your life is already over, and that's assuming you make it to the year 100.

Anyone who is already 25 years old...how do you feel that 1/4th of your life or more is done?
I'm not too concerned about death yet. I'd rather not think about it. For all I know I could drop dead of a heart attack at age of 45. Or die of cancer by then. But that doesn't seem like a healthy way to live life. Many old people don't think about death constantly. My grandmother died at the age of 88-89, being sick in her last 2-3 years of life, and I was still surprised by her death, even though it wasn't exactly a shock considering she had already had two strokes by then and couldn't move out of the bed on her own.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Who would have ever thought we'd come face to face with our own mortality? As we are right now we feel as if we will live forever. Time has no meaning, even if it continues forward.

Prowler
09-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Who would have ever thought we'd come face to face with our own mortality? As we are right now we feel as if we will live forever. Time has no meaning, even if it continues forward.
Lol we ain't there yet buddy. At least I hope not. I mean, it's not like you can't one day randomly die in a car crash or a natural disaster or something. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'll worry about death by the time I get old enough to worry about it or if I ever get a serious health issue.

DarkFell
09-10-2016, 12:01 AM
Don't you guys remember being teenagers like it was only yesterday?

Oh f**k no - I'd rather not remember those times. No thanks. I absolutely HATED my teenage years simply because I was an angry / depressed hot mess.

Also CBS owned TMNT was gradually dying off due to showtime inconsistencies and lack of viewer interest. Sometimes baseball / golf games were on the cartoon time slots.

People weren't kidding when they say your 20's fly by at the blink of an eye. I guess its true what they say, "Youth is wasted on the young."

I actually liked being 20. Somewhat.

Here you go buddy.
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/sites/default/files/styles/brand_hero/public/brand/hero/2057-l.jpg?itok=AJfuQ7x1

Prowler
09-10-2016, 12:30 AM
I didn't enjoy being a teenager at all either. Those years felt like an eternal nightmare. It got better around the time I turned 18.

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 12:38 AM
When I mean teenager I mean an older teen like 17-19....not at 13-14.

Prowler
09-10-2016, 12:43 AM
When I mean teenager I mean an older teen like 17-19....not at 13-14.
Ah, well I don't miss those days either. 18 and 9, in comparison to the years previously, weren't as bad, but I still had to put up with stupid drama that is associated with teenagers, I definitely did not feel mature enough to be an adult at the age of 18-19, even though I legally was one and could already go into bars, buy alcohol, drive, vote, etc.

If I knew as much as I know these days, I'd have probably enjoyed that period of my life better than I did, but whatever. You learn from your mistakes.

I didn't fully stop feeling like a teenager at around 21-22 or so. Or maybe just felt like a teenager without the stupid crap attached to it anymore? Idk how to explain it.

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 12:53 AM
I didn't fully stop feeling like a teenager at around 21-22 or so. Or maybe just felt like a teenager without the stupid crap attached to it anymore? Idk how to explain it.

I don't feel much different now than I did 10 years ago, aside from having more responsibilities.

Prowler
09-10-2016, 12:58 AM
I don't feel much different now than I did 10 years ago, aside from having more responsibilities.
20 to 30 is a bit of a jump, though. What about if you make that 12-15 years? Would you say you feel different compared to what you were 12-15 years ago?

I posed this question to my brother once(he is 33). He said he doesn't feel any different than 10 years ago, but 15 yes. He feels he has changed somewhat from 18 to 33.

I notice that the biggest change is when people go from early to late teens/early 20s. That's when people begin developing their personalities when it comes to music taste, fashion, etc. And also when they begin caring more about the world, politics, etc. By the time you're in your early 20s, change becomes way more gradual.

ToTheNines
09-10-2016, 01:41 AM

Death comes for us all cybercubed. But something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be

*Machias locks thread and throws it in the disintegrator unit*

Without your waifu.

The Deadman
09-10-2016, 08:41 AM

I can't wait.

You'll be known as some guy who never went outside his house.

BubblyShell22
09-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Death comes for us all cybercubed. But something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be

*Machias locks thread and throws it in the disintegrator unit*

Without your waifu.

I seriously wish this place had a like button. Best quote ever.

MrPliggins
09-10-2016, 02:52 PM
I'll probably still check the forum 5 years from now, even though I don't follow any of the current comics, movies or the show. I've been coming here for 13 years, why stop now?

TheCanadiandrome
09-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Been a member since 2009, so five years from now? Why not

Prowler
09-10-2016, 09:29 PM
You'll be known as some guy who never went outside his house.
I can see CyberCbed's eulogy now in his funeral in about 60-70 years or so:

"This man was an internet legend, and a great preacher for the TMNT community. He may have sinned by falling into the allure of lesbianism, but may God forgive his sins".

...that was bad.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 09:32 PM
I can see CyberCbed's eulogy now in his funeral in about 60-70 years or so:

"This man was an internet legend, and a great preacher for the TMNT community. He may have sinned by falling into the allure of lesbianism, but may God forgive his sins".

...that was bad.

:tlol: But can we get Melissa to deliver the euology?

Prowler
09-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Nope. Her restraining order on Cubed will legally last ad aeternum.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-10-2016, 09:36 PM

Unfortunately not... I'm sure she'll find a way to keep the restraining order valid even after 'Cubed has passed away.

EDIT: Oh my God, Prowler and I had the exact same joke at the exact same time.

Prowler
09-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Unfortunately not... I'm sure she'll find a way to keep the restraining order valid even after 'Cubed has passed away.
Damn we said the same thing practically at the same time :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 09:54 PM

EDIT: Oh my God, Prowler and I had the exact same joke at the exact same time.

Nope. Her restraining order on Cubed will legally last ad aeternum.

You both get a gold star. Good show!

Prowler
09-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I honestly had no idea who Melissa Benoist was before I saw Cubed mentioning her. Then again, I barely watch tv so there's a lot o celebrities I've never heard of, can't place a face on or have only heard about them way after the fact.

CyberCubed
09-11-2016, 12:42 PM
She was on Glee before she became Supergirl, as well as some random movies.

Prowler
09-11-2016, 12:44 PM
She was on Glee before she became Supergirl, as well as some random movies.
Well I've never watched a single minute of Glee and I didn't watch Supergirl either.