PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses

Prowler
09-08-2016, 02:44 AM
Do you wear sunglasses? If so, which brand and model?

I bought a pair of sunglasses the other day for the first time since I was... 16? The brand is Polaroid and the model is PLD 3015-S

Here is an image:

http://i.imgur.com/Wh5F23s.jpg

I like them thus far. Good cost:aesthetics ratio.

My eyes have always been sensitive to strong sunlight, so I should wear sunglasses for most of the year, especially when the weather gets hot.

I've done a visual change recently by getting a haircut, fully shaving and now buying a pair of sunglasses. I feel so cool right now 8)

Powder
09-08-2016, 03:45 AM
I wear regular glasses, so I don't wear sunglasses all that often as I'd be doing so with impaired vision. I have one cheap pair from a dollar store that are large enough to fit over my prescription specs, which I use during car rides. They're huge & have a sort of amber leopard print kinda thing going on.

The only others I wear, either to walk the dog when I wake up or in the event I want to be photographed in some, are this classic style:
http://cdn.bartarinha.ir/files/fa/news/1394/3/11/546587_333.jpg

I have several like them, my favorite having been included with a VHS copy of Men In Black from back in the day. They still fit & are in great shape. :tlol:

Prowler
09-08-2016, 04:13 AM
I wear regular glasses, so I don't wear sunglasses all that often as I'd be doing so with impaired vision. I have one cheap pair from a dollar store that are large enough to fit over my prescription specs, which I use during car rides. They're huge & have a sort of amber leopard print kinda thing going on.

The only others I wear, either to walk the dog when I wake up or in the event I want to be photographed in some, are this classic style:
http://cdn.bartarinha.ir/files/fa/news/1394/3/11/546587_333.jpg

I have several like them, my favorite having been included with a VHS copy of Men In Black from back in the day. They still fit & are in great shape. :tlol:
My mother owns a pair of graduated sunglasses. No idea how much they cost these days, though.

Icebot
09-08-2016, 04:13 AM
I wear the regular kind of glasses with lenses that become sunglasses when you step outside in the sun. They're a special kind of prescription lenses.

Krutch
09-08-2016, 06:31 AM
I'm wearing a pair of Burberry Aviators that I bought two years ago. Not sure of the model number, though.

Cure
09-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I wear shades all the time.

plastroncafe
09-08-2016, 11:43 AM
I wear the regular kind of glasses with lenses that become sunglasses when you step outside in the sun. They're a special kind of prescription lenses.

Same. I love them, though I will say that the fast transition ones are well worth the money, for anyone considering getting them for the first time.

blindturtle02
09-08-2016, 11:46 AM
I've been known to wear them. Otherwise, I think people would be creeped out by my white eyes.

DarkFell
09-08-2016, 12:09 PM
I still miss my prescription sunglasses - I could actually see more clearly with those pair. :tsad:

Regular sunglasses are generally okay for me. Those flip-over sun-shades bend waaay too easily.

IndigoErth
09-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I have a pair, but it's more a matter of remembering that I actually own them and use them.

I don't use contacts, so I've missed that I can't enjoy picking out new, cool looking sunglasses and enjoying them like a 20/20 visioned person since I've been in prescription glasses since the age of 10. :ohwell:

I FINALLY this year got prescription sunglasses. Not quite as fancy as I'd originally had in mind, because the choices the optical place had aimed at women were too "magazine cover celebrity socialite"-looking for my taste (I really don't want to look like I walk around all day in high heels and dog in my purse :roll: ew), and there weren't too many options that were more gender neutral, sooo I ended up with a bit more generic styled than I'd originally hoped, but they're nice and I do like them.

With the lack of adult-sized TMNT brand frames that could be used for prescription sunglass lenses for the fun of it, these have become my Leo sunglasses - they mostly look like these:

https://item1.tradesy.com/images/ray-ban-new-ray-ban-sunglasses-new-wayfarer-rb-2132-605371-55-18-blue-clear-frame-wgrey-gradient-lenses-13987105-3-0.jpg?width=355&height=355

"Mostly" because they're the same blue on the outside, BUT mine are a separate color on the inside - which is kind of a natural (non-cartoon) TMNT skin color grayish(?)-green. :D Hence they are my secret TMNT shades. :tlol:

snake
09-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Love sunglasses. I'd wear them 24/7 if I could

I wear Oakleys that I managed to get as a gift. I really want a pair of Reservoir Dogs styled ones though

Mzx10484
09-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Julbo 8) 8)

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 01:41 PM
I never wear sunglasses. Its very rude not to see people's eyes.

Prowler
09-08-2016, 09:10 PM
I never wear sunglasses. Its very rude not to see people's eyes.
Only if you're talking to them. And you mostly talk to people indoors, where you can take your sunglasses of.

If you're walking down the streets with a friend it's not a big deal if you're wearing sunglasses. They understand the fact that the sun is too strong at the given moment.

I FINALLY this year got prescription sunglasses. Not quite as fancy as I'd originally had in mind, because the choices the optical place had aimed at women were too "magazine cover celebrity socialite"-looking for my taste (I really don't want to look like I walk around all day in high heels and dog in my purse :roll: ew), and there weren't too many options that were more gender neutral, sooo I ended up with a bit more generic styled than I'd originally hoped, but they're nice and I do like them.

I can imagine. Yes, some people just aren't into that.

I personally find those pilot and police officer sunglasses cool looking, but when I was trying out several pairs before choosing mine, I noticed that the pilot and police shaped ones didn't fit me at all. I just looked goofy with them. Plus, they were considerably more expensive than the ones I ended up buying.

Yeah. I'm not really a fashionista.