PDA

View Full Version : Dark April Thread

victory_angel
09-08-2016, 11:42 AM
So this week's preview indicates without a doubt that Dark April is starting to rise.

The preview itself has April telling Donnie that she has been feeling a number of headaches lately and weird nightmares about space and other galaxies. Donnie checks her out but doesn't find anything wrong, so he suggests that perhaps she's just been adjusting to life on Earth. Mikey however, states that he feels it's the crystal shard that is the problem.

Donnie mulls over it for a few seconds but doesn't believe crystal can cause headaches, but he offers to examine it anyway. April suddenly slaps his hand away and starts acting Gullum-like about it. But calms down and says it's just a crystal and a lets Donnie study it.

Jephael
09-08-2016, 01:19 PM
I've saw it coming a mile away, especially after the way they ended the episode where she got the crystal in the first place.

Vicky82
09-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I had a feeling that Mikey has been getting his bad vibes over April's crystal.

snake
09-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Dark April can certainly be interesting if handled properly. She'd honestly be the last possible character I'd have "go dark".

Ew. "Go dark"

WebLurker
09-08-2016, 02:35 PM
I've saw it coming a mile away, especially after the way they ended the episode where she got the crystal in the first place.

Yeah, I'm actually a little surprised that the show decided to delay the payoff for so long (given the next clue was in "City at War," after the space arc was finished).

I had a feeling that Mikey has been getting his bad vibes over April's crystal.

Which bad vibes? (It would be fitting that Mikey is the first one to guess that something's up, given his hunch in "Buried Secrets."

Mugen_Jin18
09-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Dark April can certainly be interesting if handled properly. She'd honestly be the last possible character I'd have "go dark".

Ew. "Go dark"

Why ew? I love "going dark"!

neatoman
09-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Headaches, nightmares and space stuff? So like Tetsuo Shima then?

https://67.media.tumblr.com/3979452490c4555075855a8aadbb930b/tumblr_n5foniFERz1tzixowo1_500.gif
http://www.bbakira.co.uk/stills/tetsuo/tet50.jpg
http://www.bbakira.co.uk/wallpaper/tetheadwp1tum.jpg

Ninjinister
09-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Why does this seem familiar?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/9/99/DemonApril2.png/revision/latest?cb=20121204164026

Vicky82
09-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I'm actually a little surprised that the show decided to delay the payoff for so long (given the next clue was in "City at War," after the space arc was finished).

Which bad vibes? (It would be fitting that Mikey is the first one to guess that something's up, given his hunch in "Buried Secrets."

Mikey senses bad things, the mom thing from buried secrets and he sensed something was up with Slash and Dr Rockwell when they got the brain worm.

There was a moment In the episode The Evil of Dregg when Donnie got stung by an alien bug and April and Fugitoid took him back to the ship. It looked like Mikey was worried about Donnie and wanted to go with them but it may be because Mikey might be sensing something bad from April.

victory_angel
09-08-2016, 04:02 PM
I had asked about the possibility of April going Dark before Riddle of the Ancient Aeons even aired and he was surprised I had that idea.

I had actually based the assumption of the possibility as Shredder up until the end of AE knew that April was a girl who was with the Turtles and being trained as a kunoichi for some reason.

The Shredder tends to pick his followers based on strength and powers. So kinda like having a deck of Magic/Yugioh cards and filling it all with powerful monsters and creatures and tossing away all the weaker creatures and magic cards because they aren't useful to you.

So I originally believed that he would learn April is a psychic and abduct her and brain wash her to serve him. After all Splinter and the Turtles took Karai from him, it would be a kunoichi for a kunoichi.

Mikey senses bad things, the mom thing from buried secrets and he sensed something was up with Slash and Dr Rockwell when they got the brain worm.

There was a moment In the episode The Evil of Dregg when Donnie got stung by an alien bug and April and Fugitoid took him back to the ship. It looked like Mikey was worried about Donnie and wanted to go with them but it may be because Mikey might be sensing something bad from April.

I agree there was a moment where he did look like he sensed something was wrong, but he wasn't sure what. And now he is really expressing that crystal April has may not be as helpful as they want to believe.

Vicky82
09-08-2016, 04:25 PM
When she does go dark, I don't think the simple thing like just take it off her or smashing it is going to bring her back to normal.

Maybe they have to knock her unconscious and then they have to go into her mind to bring her back to normal.

victory_angel
09-08-2016, 05:21 PM
When she does go dark, I don't think the simple thing like just take it off her or smashing it is going to bring her back to normal.

Maybe they have to knock her unconscious and then they have to go into her mind to bring her back to normal.

I think Donnie telling her he loves her might help break her out even if doing so means losing her forever. I don't think they would do something BS like having Don inexplicably being able to perform the healing hands. After all there is a reason that Leo is the spiritual guy and Donnie isn't.

When it comes to Spiritual stuff
Mikey doesn't have the focus
Raph doesn't have the patience (Insecta Trifecta he practically equates Meditation with day dreaming)

Donnie has the patience and focus required but not the mind set. After all depending on the incarnation he either has a dubious view if not an out right bias against the concept of the unknown. I.E. if it can't be scientificly explained it does not exist.

This current version of Donnie however is less rigid in that regard and is open to the knowledge of unknown could offer as he has some offered knowledgable references to myth and religon a couple of times. And also he has helped April with her latent psychic abliities as a means of helping her see where her limits are and how to control them. But also as a way to study them and document his findings and observations.

If Leo or Splinter feel that is something that would be benifical, and offer to teach that technique then that could be a different story. But even then I think that might rub people the wrong way as it would make Don seem OP.

drgon78
09-08-2016, 08:38 PM
I can't wait to see Dark April, but I hope it last more then one episode.

NinjaPug
09-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Dark Raph.

Dark Leo.

Dark April.

Dark. Dark. Dark.

oldmanwinters
09-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Why does this seem familiar?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/9/99/DemonApril2.png/revision/latest?cb=20121204164026

Maybe we'll get an action figure this time? I hope, I hope, I hope!

WebLurker
09-09-2016, 12:24 AM

Okay, I couldn't tell if you were referring to a specific episode, or just some of Mikey's hunches in general.

Tarris Vaal
09-09-2016, 03:55 AM
Originally quoted from ninjapug

Dark Raph.

Dark Leo.

Dark April.

Dark. Dark. Dark.

To be fair, Dark Raph was 1 episode to showcase the mindcontrol, and Dark Leo was less 'Dark' so much as 'Briefly Rebellious'.

This is probably the first time we can honestly say that there seems to be a shift towards a character actually becoming a villain having been one of the good guys.

Having said that... There is also the point that the playmates preview toy range a while back had a 'Dark Donatello' shown around the same time the Super shredder figure was revealed. (I guess all the characters have to have a 'grimdark moment' Ninjapug ;) )

It does beg the question of whether that figure implies that Don could 'turn' at some point in future. If April goes insane with power, could she potentially use that power to try and coerce some of her closest allies to go with her? Maybe coercing Don into becoming a 'minion'?

Perhaps he takes the crystal from her and it overwhelms him? April takes it back in order to save him and its one step too much for her to control it anymore?

Ahhh possibilities :)

JTH
09-09-2016, 04:33 AM
Perhaps he takes the crystal from her and it overwhelms him? April takes it back in order to save him and its one step too much for her to control it anymore?

Ahhh possibilities :)

That seems to be the most sense, does seem like they foreshadowed it in that scene with the two of them in "Evil of Dregg".

http://orig03.deviantart.net/b16f/f/2016/099/d/6/april_kissed_donnie_by_lullabystars-d9ybexi.png
"Thought I'd lost you for a minute there..."

victory_angel
09-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Donnie going dark is a possibility. After all one of the most poignant things that Donnie has said about his relationship with his brothers is "No matter how much I train, I can't keep up with my brothers."

We have seen that when his brothers need him to do something and he can't deliver then he gets frustrated which has it's own set of negative emotion.

And with negative issues with his older brothers (unresolved tention with Leo that has existed since the end of season 2, picked on for years by Raph, rivalry with Casey, easily irritated by Mikey.) My friend, Dansleforet in her review of Mutant Gangland had even said that Donnie was almost Oroku Saki like.

To quote her review: Donatello is usually a level headed, fair turtle, so I wasn't expecting that sassy side of his. I would like to see that more often but against a villain next time rather than against his own brother. Now I want to mention, Don calling someone a baby...definately not the end of the world. However, just imagine a Donatello with unchecked agression and rage, he's basicly Oroku Saki then but with a vast intelect."

Someone also mentioned that Mutant gangland had a good genes vibe and that maybe something that also happens to get the Dark April situation started.

If Shredder is a mutant now, he is either going to want Retromutagen made so that he can return to human once Splinter, his sons, and their companions are dead and he has regained control of the city.

Or he is going to want to prevent the existance of a weapon that could forcibly return him to human again.

or both

In either situation Shredder is going to want to have Donatello captured or eliminated so they could get the key to create Retromutagen or they could prevent him from creating a weaponized version.

April could possibly choose to reveal that she is the Key to the retromutagen. She knows Donnie would be harmed either way, but she feels there is no other choice. And of course the Shredder being the doush bag he is, serously wounds or double mutates Don which causes April so much distress the crystal consumes her.

drgon78
09-09-2016, 03:10 PM
A lot of interesting ideas about where they are taking the Dark April storyline.

Ursalink
09-09-2016, 04:55 PM
I don't know where the whole thing of "Dark April" is going to take us, but like they say in the Star Wars' universe, "I have a bad feeling about this".

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if April ends up becoming something really sinister and then the Turtles have to stop her. It would be ironic if April ends up becoming something like a copy of evil Karai with Shredder's attitude or something. Can you imagine April wearing a suit like Karai's?

Tarris Vaal
09-09-2016, 05:37 PM
I've seen some good fan art character concepts with her in Foot style armour, but I doubt they'd go that route as such - perhaps as gifted armour from Karai in a later confrontation with Shredder.

In regards Dark April corrupting Don though... well I managed to dig up the playmates preview pic from the 2016 toyfair;

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ysbsq7aBNU4/VsBi-X-Y0SI/AAAAAAAAb7w/_ug30YBVtpA/s1600/Playmates_TMNT_Toy_Fair_201608__scaled_600.jpg

And he clearly isnt mutated more than normal - so I doubt we can expect any kind of 'good genes' style mutation. That said, it is a similar costume to 'Rebel Leo', save for the eye markings.

I did wonder if the crystal appeared on him or the space april figure but it seems not in both cases that I can see...

Either way, I'd put my money on April somehow corrupting Don in the near future - or the crystal doing so and April becoming corrupted in the process of freeing him.

but its just a theory :)

Redworld96
09-09-2016, 06:20 PM
I've seen some good fan art character concepts with her in Foot style armour, but I doubt they'd go that route as such - perhaps as gifted armour from Karai in a later confrontation with Shredder.

In regards Dark April corrupting Don though... well I managed to dig up the playmates preview pic from the 2016 toyfair;

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ysbsq7aBNU4/VsBi-X-Y0SI/AAAAAAAAb7w/_ug30YBVtpA/s1600/Playmates_TMNT_Toy_Fair_201608__scaled_600.jpg

And he clearly isnt mutated more than normal - so I doubt we can expect any kind of 'good genes' style mutation. That said, it is a similar costume to 'Rebel Leo', save for the eye markings.

I did wonder if the crystal appeared on him or the space april figure but it seems not in both cases that I can see...

Either way, I'd put my money on April somehow corrupting Don in the near future - or the crystal doing so and April becoming corrupted in the process of freeing him.

What're supposed to be those black lines in Donnie's plastron? :-?

victory_angel
09-09-2016, 06:21 PM

There is that OT episode where Donnie does get electrocuted and then goes into a state of psychosis where he wants to murder the Shredder. And the reason that happened is the other Turtles were teasing him about relying on technical gimmickry rather his ninja skills. To which Donnie says "I can take the Shredder out on my own if I wanted to." And tries to prove he can.

This is likely going to be a more updated version...there is still a probability about the brain worms being used and Donnie being forced on the side of the Foot Clan for a brief time. As they say, the worst enemy you can have is the one you fail to see, and Donatello is practically invisible even to his brothers.

There is also the matter of Shinigami being a black sheep. I know people don't like the idea of her secretly working with the Shredder behind Karai's back. But I did find it rather convenient that Foot Clan knew where Karai would strike and happened to be there when she arrived. Now the Chemical Factory and the Foot-bot Factory they may have known that would be a likely point where Karai would strike. But the weapons cashe there is that one foot-bot evesdropping. But having an inside informant is also just as plausable.

Shini still strikes me as the sort of girl who would be friends with you for their own personal gain. And then once they no longer have need of you, they turn around and stab you in the back. Since her power is hypnosis she can easily use her power to force Donnie to see his brothers and companions as being against him.

Auman has also confirmed that yes the Triangle between Donnie/April/Casey is in fact, a mirror to Splinter's relationship to Tang Shen and Oroku Saki...just not as tragic. So there is also the Plausibly that the Shredder himself could poison Donnie's or Casey's minds about their relationship with April by saying they would regret losing her to their rival the rest of their lives.

April then could become corrupted attempting to return Donnie to the person she once knew.

Tarris Vaal
09-09-2016, 06:42 PM
The mind worms do seem a distinct possibility - particularly given it was Don himself who brought up the notion of them being potentially used on himself and his brothers.

Plus, the mind worm arc hasn't really ended as such yet (unless its been abandoned, which would be a shame), so it may well rear its ugly head again in future.

We know from Clash that psychic attacks can repel the worms out of someone - as Rockwell does it to Slash - so its possible April may use her abilities to free Don. Maybe that is what pushes her control of the crystal over the edge?

quoted from redworld96
What're supposed to be those black lines in Donnie's plastron?

No idea @.@

JTH
09-09-2016, 06:51 PM
What're supposed to be those black lines in Donnie's plastron? :-?
Simple, it's...
:P EVIL!!! :P

Ashwolf
09-09-2016, 07:43 PM

when i brought the good genes thing back up, was thinking it would be more of a side effect from some drug don vizioso starts working toward

yeah, sure, he already has that nerve gas but it seems very short term when hes trying to wipe out mutants so why would he not decide to work on some toxin or serum that wipes them out at their source - the mutagen..... no idea if itll happen though

anyway, back on topic, on leos rogue outfit, he has fish hooks connecting to the seat belt buckle..... thought it was the same type of thing on donnie in that pic for a minute but it might be some paint like on his face

Eiko
09-10-2016, 02:00 AM
Would be cool to see a dark Don working for the foot. I'm sure Baxter would love that. :tlol:

ToTheNines
09-10-2016, 02:43 AM
It would be soooo badass if they called him Darkatello. So dark.

turtle1237
09-13-2016, 02:20 PM
More like lord of the rings golem my precious April than a dark April.

I would expect her to bite off Don's finger should he ever go near her precious ever again lol.

ninja-zero
09-24-2016, 11:30 AM
I think April will not only be controlled by the crystal, but Shredder would take advantage of that by turning her to their side like... make her think she's his daughter or something.

NinjaPug
09-24-2016, 11:32 AM
I think April will not only be controlled by the crystal, but Shredder would take advantage of that by turning her to their side like... make her think she's his daughter or something.

That wouldn't be repetitive at all

ninja-zero
09-24-2016, 11:34 AM
That wouldn't be repetitive at all

What do you mean? I'm thinking since Shredder took Karai from Splinter and he got her back from Shredder, so why not turn April to the Foot's side?

NinjaPug
09-24-2016, 11:56 AM
What do you mean? I'm thinking since Shredder took Karai from Splinter and he got her back from Shredder, so why not turn April to the Foot's side?

You don't see how Shredder turning April to his side and making her think she is his daughter would be repetitive?

ninja-zero
09-24-2016, 11:59 AM
You don't see how Shredder turning April to his side and making her think she is his daughter would be repetitive?

Well as his assassin would be nice. But making her think she's his daughter. Bad choice anyway.

BubblyShell22
09-24-2016, 12:12 PM
Shredder would never brainwash April into thinking she's his daughter, but I could see him corrupting her to turn against the Turtles. We'll just have to see how far this arc goes and what comes of it.

Utrommaniac
09-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Is anyone else questioning the fishnets on Donnie's thighs???

Vicky82
09-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Is anyone else questioning the fishnets on Donnie's thighs???

He's not the only turtle to wear fishnets, Raph wore them on his arms in Vision Quest/Dinosaur Seen in the Sewers and Leo also wore them on his arms in Broken Foot.

victory_angel
09-24-2016, 01:30 PM
There is that doll sculpt of Dark Donatello and the armor he is wearing looks rather Foot Clanish. Shredder in this incarnation seems to view Donnie as pathetic and unworthy of death by his hand. But being the super shredder it is likely that retromutagen will have to be made and weaponized against him.

So plausible scenario

Shredder has fully become the Super Shredder.

Shredder: Stockman, be sure to prepare a way for me to become human once I have defeated Splinter, Karai, and their pathetic allies and have regained control of the city.

Stockman: um mazzter *buzz* there is a problem with that requezzt.

Shredder: I don't want excuses!

Stockmen: There is one component still needed....a key to making the retromutagen.

Bebop: What about those turtles and that retromutagen stuff?

Rocksteady: Shut it Conrad Bebop, you'll get us into the trouble.

Shredder:Turtles?! Retromutagen?! Why am I only now learning of this?!

Rocksteady: Well you see Master Shredder, the Turtles tried to use retromutagen on Karai to return her to the human form. It didn't work so we didn't think it was worth the mentioning.

The Brainworm thing hasn't been put to bed entirely and could still be brought in so Donnie could be subjected to a brainworm not to make him one of the Foot Clan, but for a crueler reason. To set things up so Donatello would give them the key to the retromutagen and so he could be killed off by his own brothers

ninja-zero
09-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Shredder would never brainwash April into thinking she's his daughter, but I could see him corrupting her to turn against the Turtles. We'll just have to see how far this arc goes and what comes of it.

That would work!

ninja-zero
09-24-2016, 02:55 PM
There is that doll sculpt of Dark Donatello and the armor he is wearing looks rather Foot Clanish. Shredder in this incarnation seems to view Donnie as pathetic and unworthy of death by his hand. But being the super shredder it is likely that retromutagen will have to be made and weaponized against him.

So plausible scenario

Shredder has fully become the Super Shredder.

Shredder: Stockman, be sure to prepare a way for me to become human once I have defeated Splinter, Karai, and their pathetic allies and have regained control of the city.

Stockman: um mazzter *buzz* there is a problem with that requezzt.

Shredder: I don't want excuses!

Stockmen: There is one component still needed....a key to making the retromutagen.

Bebop: What about those turtles and that retromutagen stuff?

Rocksteady: Shut it Conrad Bebop, you'll get us into the trouble.

Shredder:Turtles?! Retromutagen?! Why am I only now learning of this?!

Rocksteady: Well you see Master Shredder, the Turtles tried to use retromutagen on Karai to return her to the human form. It didn't work so we didn't think it was worth the mentioning.

The Brainworm thing hasn't been put to bed entirely and could still be brought in so Donnie could be subjected to a brainworm not to make him one of the Foot Clan, but for a crueler reason. To set things up so Donatello would give them the key to the retromutagen and so he could be killed off by his own brothers

Shredder: Bring me the smart turtle! NOW!

Bebop & Rocksteady: YES SIR!

Vicky82
09-24-2016, 03:48 PM
I wonder what's going to be the final straw in the start of April's corruption because I think the next 3 episodes are going to involve April's corruption. I reckon something bad in going to happen in The Super Shredder that will make April go crazy.

In the Super Shredder, I reckon they all will face Super Shredder and lose and get injured (some badly injured) in the process. So something will happen to make April upset and completely lose control.

So what could happen

The turtles are badly injured and 1 of them (Donnie) nearly dies.

Casey badly injured or nearly dies.

Splinter badly injured or nearly dies or dies.

Kirby caught in the crossfire and he gets badly injured or nearly dies or dies.

So in the next episode Darkest Plight, April is completely corrupted and she is going bat **** crazy and possibly destroying the city, so the Turtles (injured or not) with help from everyone else will have to somehow stop her. I expect the only thing they could do is knock her out so they could go into her mind to help her be free of the corruption but that will possibly happen in the episode The Power Inside Her.

After that then we got 4 episodes to go and who knows whats going to happen in those episodes, The Turtles could be fighting Super Shredder again. Or the humans in New York have had enough with the attacks in New York so they form anti mutant groups and go after and attack mutants. Also the EPF could be involved in capturing mutants too. Maybe Demodragon makes an appearance.

ninja-zero
09-24-2016, 06:15 PM
I think Shredder will control April as one of his minions. He sees power of the crystal that caught his attention.

victory_angel
09-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Shredder has gone after and attempted to kill, Leo, Raph, and Mikey individually. the only time he seems to go after Donnie is when Donnie becomes an irritant.

That dream sequence Splinter has in Panic in the Sewers, for example, they use the Turtles disappearing into the mist to symbolize death. However, when Donnie is kicked into the mist, he is still visible. That indicated to me that he was still alive, but his injuries were mortal so he wouldn't be alive for long.

So let's say Super Shredder has a moment where he is going to end Leo, Donnie sees it and rushes in to prevent it thus taking the blow himself. Simply because he didn't want to nearly lose Leo again.

April becomes so emotional about seeing Donnie taken down, that the crystal reacts and it makes her into a monster

The Turtles have no choice but to get their brother to safety so he could be healed. Unfortunately, when he does awaken they have to tell him that April has become a monster.

Donnie, of course, is upset by this...he's not surprised but he knows April isn't a monster and he feels the girl he fell in love with is still there.

Casey feels the best course of action is to smash the crystal which he does attempt. Unfortunately, this nearly gets him killed.

Donnie, on the other hand, tries to appeal to April, to get her to remember who she was. After all, he's calmed her down before...perhaps he could reach her again.

Aeon-April appears to listen to Donnie but corrupts him because it's easier to have him on her side.

BubblyShell22
09-25-2016, 07:17 AM
These are all interesting scenarios. Whatever happens, I'm just curious to see how this will all play out.

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 12:58 PM
I've never been interested in seeing this happen. Not only is it not the best idea for April's character moving forward but it takes away from how good an episode that Aeons was. Not to mention that this is an item that is supposed to be helping April and not hindering her like it is...unless there's some twist (for the better) that they're not telling us. Until then, it took away from how good the main story of "Bat in the Belfry" was. I'm just not looking forward to it and am hopeful that this will either wrap up quick or pull off a really good surprise for all of us watching.

The Happy One
09-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Not to mention that this is an item that is supposed to be helping April and not hindering her like it is...unless there's some twist (for the better) that they're not telling us.

Well i think from the moment April got that crystal we all knew it'd wind up being a curse and not a blessing.

While I do expect Aprilís corruption to be sorrounding the whole Apriltello thing- i hope it doesn't??? I dont know I'd rather just see April destroying everyone than it be made into a love story.

At the same time, I wouldn't be too upset if it did...

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Well i think from the moment April got that crystal we all knew it'd wind up being a curse and not a blessing.

Episodes such as "The Outlaw Armaggon" (mainly April's and Fugitoid's interaction) and April's successful use of the crystal in "Revenge of the Triceratons" were supposed to prove otherwise. Besides, "...Aeons" was supposed to prove that it was the BHG piece that was the cause of the peoples' darkness and that the crystal that they discarded in exchange for said-BHG-piece was what saved them at the end. So that's why I'm hoping for an excellent twist/surprise at the (hopefully soon) conclusion of this whole arc.

victory_angel
09-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Episodes such as "The Outlaw Armaggon" (mainly April's and Fugitoid's interaction) and April's successful use of the crystal in "Revenge of the Triceratons" were supposed to prove otherwise. Besides, "...Aeons" was supposed to prove that it was the BHG piece that was the cause of the peoples' darkness and that the crystal that they discarded in exchange for said-BHG-piece was what saved them at the end. So that's why I'm hoping for an excellent twist/surprise at the (hopefully soon) conclusion of this whole arc.

It's more the how objects of power can corrupt people.

Often in stories when a character is given a powerful object such as the one ring for example. They may use that object once or twice on their own before they become more compelled to use it either because the results they get from it. (I.E. the need to use the biggest most powerful gun or spell in your arsenal with video games.) To the item taking control of you the more you use it.

For the Aeons it is mentioned they had never allowed technology on their planet before. So when they were told to hide the piece of the black hole generator they become fascinated and obsessed with the BHG until they become corrupted by it.

And that is something that is occurring in reality with the obsession and reliance on Smart Phones and Ipads. I've actually joked that we may as well surrender our lives to our devices. Kinda like the ATT commercials that has a family freaking out about their internet being down.

April's case is the other side of the coin where she is given a shard of the crystal as a something that will guide and help her. But the difference between the Aeons and April is the Aeon's have lived with the soul star for eons, so they are adept at using its power. April has never been exposed to such power so she also has become obsessed with using it due to way it helps focus and boost her psychic powers. But she's become so reliant on it that she is unable to see that it is negatively affecting her. Such as when it reacts to her frustration and cranks it up to 11.

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 03:47 PM
Fair point and good case victory.

PApagreg
09-25-2016, 04:04 PM
It's more the how objects of power can corrupt people.

Often in stories when a character is given a powerful object such as the one ring for example. They may use that object once or twice on their own before they become more compelled to use it either because the results they get from it. (I.E. the need to use the biggest most powerful gun or spell in your arsenal with video games.) To the item taking control of you the more you use it.

For the Aeons it is mentioned they had never allowed technology on their planet before. So when they were told to hide the piece of the black hole generator they become fascinated and obsessed with the BHG until they become corrupted by it.

And that is something that is occurring in reality with the obsession and reliance on Smart Phones and Ipads. I've actually joked that we may as well surrender our lives to our devices. Kinda like the ATT commercials that has a family freaking out about their internet being down.

April's case is the other side of the coin where she is given a shard of the crystal as a something that will guide and help her. But the difference between the Aeons and April is the Aeon's have lived with the soul star for eons, so they are adept at using its power. April has never been exposed to such power so she also has become obsessed with using it due to way it helps focus and boost her psychic powers. But she's become so reliant on it that she is unable to see that it is negatively affecting her. Such as when it reacts to her frustration and cranks it up to 11.

Okay but the difference between certain characters in stories who become addicted to powerful artifacts that it take them some time to become addicted hell Jade from Jackie Chan is a great example, it took her a few days to actually become addicted to the power of the Shadowkhan meanwhile it took April what like minutes to become addicted. The point of addiction is that there should be a time where you think you stop anytime you want but over a series of time you become dependent on it

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 04:23 PM
It didn't take minutes for it to happen! She had it throughout the space trip and it didn't take any strong hold of her until "City at War."

PApagreg
09-25-2016, 04:29 PM
It didn't take minutes for it to happen! She had it throughout the space trip and it didn't take any strong hold of her until "City at War."

Good point but it took her City at war to the Wingnut and Screwloose episode to straight up become Gollum I don't know to me its kinda rushed it would help a lot more if we saw her more dependent on the crystal between episodes

Vicky82
09-25-2016, 04:36 PM

Also we probably see more of April's addiction in The Super Shredder and If these episodes are real, Darkest Plight and The Power Inside Her as well.

GoldMutant
09-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Wow, it's been a while since I posted last. Ah well, back to business.

Okay but the difference between certain characters in stories who become addicted to powerful artifacts that it take them some time to become addicted hell Jade from Jackie Chan is a great example, it took her a few days to actually become addicted to the power of the Shadowkhan meanwhile it took April what like minutes to become addicted. The point of addiction is that there should be a time where you think you stop anytime you want but over a series of time you become dependent on it

And April has held that crystal for...? If I recall, it's been almost 15 episodes since she got it, Aeons, though I'm not fond of it personally, was back in the season's beginning. We don't know the exact time period of when the space arc occurred, but odds are it's been between a few weeks to a couple of months. Additionally, RedWorld96 and victory_angel pointed out April having a mood swing back in City at War and that was only a few episodes ago.

Obviously the time frame is finicky at best but to claim it was "minutes?" False.

Anyways, Dark April. I mentioned it back when discussing Bat in the Belfry but I'm not attracted to it. Like the Triceratons at the end of season 3, it doesn't fully add up to the season's overarching narrative and feels too much lie a curveball in my opinion. I'd rather the rest of the season focus on the struggle with Shredder and Karai, even if I'm not fully invested at this time due to the formula being "Minions try to improve on Shredder's estate, Karai and Shinigami get involved to stop it, Turtles somehow get caught into it." It's rather barren for my tastes right now.

Assuming this "arc" occurs this season, I'm predicting the following due to the spiritual theme of season 5 and if it were the last season. The following I predict:

April is sent over the edge for an undisclosed reason and starts rampaging, kills Kirby (maybe, but one hour episodes often have Kirby suffer except Annihilation: Earth! as he's not present).
The Turtles and Karai get involved to stop her; optionally, Super Shredder and his army get involved.
April causes mass destruction to the city, either destroying areas or killing a few bystanders.
Don is forced into a difficult position due to his feelings; the strange Don figure might be used as an outfit, if not his Vision Quest gear.
Depending on circumstances, either April dies or turns into a villain for next season. Also, someone (bets on Karai, Don, Casey, or Splinter) or a combination of those mentioned are killed.
Next season to fix the damages.

That's my two cents.

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Another thing I don't like about this thread is how bad it makes the Aeons look (save for that really good twist/surprise I'm hoping for) after quite a good episode. As victory pointed out, they gave it to her to help her and everything; but it has instead downgraded her character, at least since coming back to Earth. And I know that one of the strongest pieces of storytelling is when bad things happen as a result of good intentions or actions but there are times and places for it. And given both the tone and resolution (save for Don's long winded and unnecessary closing monologue) as well as the differences between the crystal & BHG fragment, it was obviously supposed to be neither the case nor necessary.

Metalwolf
09-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Well, if she can't cope without the crystal and she possibly could end up destroying half the city, maybe the only way they can save her (without killing her or making her a mindless shell) is to remove the Kraang DNA from her body?

Since she has both a human mother and a father (supposedly) it should make her completely human, and it might even lead to some character development.

drgon78
09-26-2016, 02:44 PM
God, I hope not, I like the fact she is part krang and has psychic powers. In fact I like it much more then the ninja training.

BubblyShell22
09-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Okay, but how do they remove the Kraang DNA from her body? That could get very complicated.

victory_angel
09-26-2016, 04:39 PM
With the Demon April thing in Back to the Sewers. The ring Casey gives April turns her into a demon, and in order to return her to normal, the person who put the ring on her had to be the one who took it off her.

In this series April had been gifted the crystal and accepted it willingly. We know taking it off her doesn't remove its influence so hiding it is useless, but breaking the crystal might help.

I can certainly see Casey trying to smash it in order for it to stop controlling April, and I can see him getting seriously hurt in the attempt.
And in the end, it has to be April herself who has to fight and resist the crystals influence in order to shatter it.

bwrosas
10-12-2016, 08:26 AM
PNrxjWLAwtY

My thoughts on what will happen

victory_angel
10-12-2016, 04:06 PM
PNrxjWLAwtY

My thoughts on what will happen

Interesting view BW, but I don't entirely agree with it.

First off one of the upcoming episodes is supposedly titled "Super Shredder" "Darkest Plight" and "Darkness Inside of her"

Super Shredder we know sort of what that is about which is the Shredder being fully mutated, capturing Karai, and demanding to meet Splinter where he last defeated him.

Darkest Plight would likely be an aftermath of that, either the turtles have escaped the city to regroup about the Super Shredder or the Super Shredder finds their childhood and destroys it.

Moving from or losing one's childhood home is a metaphor for growing up, so it would make sense for that to happen.

Also in darkest plight, there also could be a subplot where April's corruption becomes more noticeable.

However, Darkness Inside of Her is more likely the episode where April does become evil and corrupt. And April being a villain can certainly be a plot that's dragged out to next season since super shredder and all the rest of the city at war would take more precedence to April being evil.

And it took Karai roughly three seasons break away from the Shredder.

Season 1: Fully engrossed in the Shredder's desires for revenge.

Season 2: Somewhat unhinged in her desires to avenge her mother, learns the truth about the man she has thought of as her father, leaves the Shredder, becomes a mutant snake.

Season 3: Slowly loses herself to her mutation, is captured by the Shredder, brainwashed by the Shredder, and finally freed for good

Season 4: Against the Shredder, but not officially on the same side as the Turtles.

So this Season, April could be corrupted by the crystal and become a villain but will be shunted to the side as a subplot in the final episodes of this season following her transformation as the Shredder would be the greater threat.

Donnie would be the most affected by April's transformation and betrayal. He knows something is wrong with April and believes Mikey about the crystal she has being the cause. But at the same time, he is in denial about it or doesn't want to believe that the April he knows and loves is becoming a monster. Since there is a toy sculpt of an evil version of Donnie and someone here on the 'drome had pointed out there is a presence in the crystal that April believes to be a friend. Perhaps sometime after April is corrupted, that presence corrupts Donnie as a means of controlling April for a time.

Casey also would be affected by April's corruption and maybe Donnie's as well, but he would believe that in order to free April and rival/friend he needs to smash the crystal.

Mikey would feel hurt by April's corruption and definitely Donnie's betrayal (when he becomes corrupted) but wouldn't feel simply smashing the crystal would bring his brother and friend back. But maybe points out that Donnie should be the one they should focus their efforts on rather than April.

Leo, I see taking on a more pragmatic role regarding April. He doesn't want to believe that April is gone. But he would be the one who is likely going to be telling Donnie the April they knew is possibly no longer there and in order to save the city, they may need to take her down by whatever means needed.

This, in turn, could be a full circle as Leo was the one saying they need to save Karai, but Raph was the one who was saying that Karai was damaged goods and a lost cause. While Donnie was making an effort to help her, but he too was also saying that they would have to focus on the other things going on in the city if he couldn't come up with anything to neutralize the brain worm.

Raph, on the other hand, I can see taking on a more comforting role. This also would be full circle for him as he often seemed to view his brother's infatuation with April was more delusional than real. But while Donnie is distraught by April's corruption, I can see Raph trying to play the role of comforter and reassuring Donnie that they would get April back.

When Donnie becomes corrupted however I don't think one of the other Turtles alone should be the one who brings Donnie back to himself. I think they all should have some role in that. After all often in turtle lore when Donnie is wounded or killed off all the group is affected by it not just one.

For example in same as it never was, Mikey was the only one who was angry at Don for his disappearance. Leo and Raph were both surprised and glad to see him which suggested to me at least that they know or had understood what had happened to their brother. But didn't tell Mikey what really happen as the truth would be more painful than a life given how close Donnie and Mikey actually were.

Or Good Genes where Leo is trying to maintain hope that Donnie would be returned to normal but is at a loss over how to do this since the person he would go usually go to about this problem is the problem. But as a leader, he also has to reluctantly juggle the option of what he may have to do if a cure isn't possible.

Raph is a ticking time bomb and is growing more volatile by the moment. All he wants is to find the guy who could restore his brother and punch a cure out of them. And if a cure wasn't possible, then finding the guy who was responsible for doing this to his brother and making them suffer for it.

And lastly, Mikey who is has the most heartbreaking reaction of them all as he is just simply deluding himself into believing that things aren't as bad as they actually are. Such as treating it as though Donnie is just in bed with the flu, not some raging monster being kept in a containment unit.

CyberCubed
11-13-2016, 08:59 PM
I love the nose bleed scene she had in this new episode, someone post the gif.

ColinStein
11-13-2016, 09:27 PM
I love the nose bleed scene she had in this new episode, someone post the gif.

Vicky82 did.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d08d058985801f80b881e1d207f8d585/tumblr_ogkr95ouTX1rk9c31o5_500.gif

Vicky82
11-14-2016, 03:24 AM
Here's the start of the nose bleed.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/afe37314780fb377636e86fc8d443f08/tumblr_oglf5ozqdq1raftdpo1_540.gif