PDA

View Full Version : FUNKO Casey jones Specialty series

turtlefanforever
09-08-2016, 01:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr2mwKqWIAAKTSp.jpg:large

Funko has a new specialty series coming out that will expand the FUNKO POP! TMNT Line. With the brand new and fabulous Casey Jones!

lilmotto
09-08-2016, 01:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr2mwKqWIAAKTSp.jpg:large

Funko has a new specialty series coming out that will expand the FUNKO POP! TMNT Line. With the brand new and fabulous Casey Jones!

What does specialty series mean? Where are the available?

atreyu2112
09-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Exclusive to specialty stores like local comic book shops

909 Turtle Fan
09-08-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm not big on the funky pop stuff but that Casey is decent.

Donatello19
09-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Oh man, he's gotta be the best TMNT pop yet! Kinda makes me want to pick up the few that I'm missing.

Autbot_Benz
09-08-2016, 01:54 PM
The blog says they will be available for a limited Time.I hate that

http://funko.com/blogs/news/specialty-series-casey-jones-and-blackest-night-batman

Zak The Neutrino
09-08-2016, 02:01 PM
The blog says they will be available for a limited Time.I hate that

http://funko.com/blogs/news/specialty-series-casey-jones-and-blackest-night-batman

I wonder if you have to have a direct Funko account or my LCS can get this through Diamond.

Coro
09-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Any small retailer can order these...just not large places like WalMart or Target.

I put in an order for a single case of these.

Powder
09-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Oh man! First the NECA Foot Clan, now this?! It's like, my only remaining dreams came true in the same week!

Autbot_Benz
09-08-2016, 03:12 PM
so I am guessing Amazon can't get him?

mikey0
09-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Krang in his android body can only be next. :)

Coro
09-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Krang in his android body can only be next. :)

Thats not how this specialty series has worked...

This has been running for 3 months at 1 per month.
The 3 so far have been:
Cosmo space dog from marvel
Blue weirdo fat elephant thing from Star Wars
This Casey Jones

Just cause they did a single TMNT does not mean they will do others.

Donatello19
09-09-2016, 12:23 PM

They've done all four turtles, variants of the turtles, keychains of the turtles, Splinter, April, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, a Foot Soldier, the Party Wagon, and now Casey Jones, all in the POP line. Funko also made Fabrications, Wacky Wobblers, Mystery Minis, and Dorbz all under the TMNT license.

It's pretty safe to say they'll be making at least a few more TMNT things.

Coro
09-09-2016, 03:12 PM
They've done all four turtles, variants of the turtles, keychains of the turtles, Splinter, April, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, a Foot Soldier, the Party Wagon, and now Casey Jones, all in the POP line. Funko also made Fabrications, Wacky Wobblers, Mystery Minis, and Dorbz all under the TMNT license.

Thats not how this specialty series has worked...

This has been running for 3 months at 1 per month.
The 3 so far have been:
Cosmo space dog from marvel
This Casey Jones

They DID NOT do a specialty series....

I am well aware of the normal Funko products that I sell regularly

specialty series =/= regular releases

You have to read the whole statement- not pick a single line out of context.

nellyp
09-09-2016, 09:49 PM

Do you mean Watto?

Powder
09-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Will the more limited nature of this item be reflected in its price point, or should it cost the same as any other?

Autbot_Benz
09-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Will the more limited nature of this item be reflected in its price point, or should it cost the same as any other?

id like to know this too. Out of all the TMNT characters to make a limited pop out of they choose Casey why did it have to be him.

The Deadman
09-10-2016, 08:46 AM

Im hoping they do more of the actual Turtles themselves. The Nick series, the movie line etc.

Editor's Note Comics
09-10-2016, 09:10 AM

Past "Specialty Series" have a recommended price of $10.99. These are available through Diamond and any LCS can order them.

All orders have to be placed 2 months in advance, and it looks like it's shipping in December. Anyone with a Diamond account probably won't be able to see it as an orderable item until October.

Powder
09-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Radical, thanks for the insight!

drewizzle88
09-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Do you mean Watto?

I think hes referring to the Max Rebo funko.

snake
09-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Yeah, he's talking about my main man Max Rebo. He's the only funko I ever wanted since Maxie-boy merch is pretty uncommon. He works well with the style imo because the puppet's eyes are literally black orbs

Donatello19
09-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Im hoping they do more of the actual Turtles themselves. The Nick series, the movie line etc.

Man I would love some Nick Turtles POPs, it kind of bugs me that they only do OT styled stuff.

joefsas
09-16-2016, 12:58 AM
Got my name on the pre-order list at my local toy/comic shop! Excited :D