PDA

View Full Version : Have you accepted the show probably won't continue after season 5?

Pages : [1] 2

neatoman
09-09-2016, 05:17 PM
So the ratings for City at War were lower than the ratings of Eath's Last Stand, since show's been back for four weeks now each successive episode have dropped in the ratings and the last episode was a new low for the series. It's important to note that the ratings had pretty much flatlined at around 1.5 average a pretty long time ago and only now has a steady drop come, it may or may not rise slightly or it might drop further but the point is that the ratings stopped being decent long before City at War.

While some may try to defend the possibility of more seasons by claiming that the show is on iTunes or that toy sales is a bigger source of funding that TV ads, we really don't have the statistics to confirm these are in fact able to keep the show afloat for more seasons. I must also stress that if a sixth season is going to happen it would mostly likely have been confirmed two months ago or more, which it wasn't.

Vicky82
09-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Ciro has always planned the series was going to end at season 5, it's got nothing to do with ratings.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 05:20 PM
You think this thread is a bit premature, neatoman? I don't know why you have an obsession with this show being canceled, since you've been going on about it for at least a year now.

In any case, stop bringing up ratings and itunes sales. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes in addition to merch and revenue that can prolong or end a show. We have no idea how much money Nick is making on TMNT as none of us are insiders.

I still fully expect the show to hit at least 7 seasons and I see no reason to think otherwise. Nick's not going to throw away the only major thing they make money on since with IDW they have to share the profits with the comics.

We all know this good and well.

ToTheNines
09-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Ciro has always planned the series was going to end at season 5, it's got nothing to do with ratings.

He said he needed at least 5 to really tell the story he wanted to tell. But he's always said it could go on for much longer.

I'm fine with it ending though. It's been a good run. Just hope it doesn't affect IDW... issue 100 is currently projected for like December 2019 :lol:

Andrew NDB
09-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Just hope it doesn't affect IDW...

IDW was doing just fine before the Nick show came out. I don't see that changing if it's gone.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 05:28 PM
It would be kind of ironic if the highly successful Nick cartoon turned out to be the shortest lived TMNT cartoon out there, wouldn't it?

2k3 series made 156 episodes and a movie. If the Nick cartoon can't even break 150 episodes then it might as well be a failure.

Vicky82
09-09-2016, 05:30 PM
He said he needed at least 5 to really tell the story he wanted to tell. But he's always said it could go on for much longer.

I'm fine with it ending though. It's been a good run. Just hope it doesn't affect IDW... issue 100 is currently projected for like December 2019 :lol:

No I doubt it will effect IDW, Nick will probably have a new TMNT show by 2019.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 05:30 PM

That makes even less sense. Nick wouldn't cancel a cartoon just to make another one immediately after.

ToTheNines
09-09-2016, 05:32 PM
@Andrew

I don't expect sales to be comprised by anything Nick does with the show. I just meant corporate meddling. I could say them saying "well the Bay movies sucked, and our cartoon is toast... Let's mothball this crap for a few years and bring them back as wizards once Harry Potter is cool again". Or something equally insipid. Or worse.

Vicky82
09-09-2016, 05:34 PM
That makes even less sense. Nick wouldn't cancel a cartoon just to make another one immediately after.

Err what about Cartoon Network with Teen Titans and then that ended and they had Teen Titans Go later.

Nick could still do it, they could bring in a new crew members in to make a different version. TMNT will stay with Nick for a long time unless Viacom ends up selling TMNT or Nick.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Err what about Cartoon Network with Teen Titans and then that ended and they had Teen Titans Go later..

Uh, you do realize there was a huge gap between those shows, right?

Teen Titans ended in 2006. Literally 10 years ago.

victory_angel
09-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Ciro's original plan was for the series to last five seasons. And while there isn't any milestone moments such as the mutation days there has been a sense of time passing. Technically the Turtles would be 18 years of age at this point and next season they will be 19. Splinter has told the Turtles they are at a point where they are becoming adults.

If there is a pick up for further seasons that would be great...other wise we enjoy the series while it lasts. Let it have a rest, then if the producers want to have a spin-off series that follows the turtles that went into space, a version if the series following April's point of view as she journals about the Turtles and her relationship with them. Or possibly a continuation that follows the Turtles while they are in their twenties and thirties. There is still a lot of ground they could cover.

Vicky82
09-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Uh, you do realize there was a huge gap between those shows, right?

Teen Titans ended in 2006. Literally 10 years ago.

Yeah but they still had 2 Teen Titans cartoons.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Yeah but they still had 2 Teen Titans cartoons.

But there's always new DC cartoons. Same reason there's always new Batman cartoons.

TMNT is owned by Nick, so it would look weird if they cancel their own show just to make another one. If they do that it'd likely be a huge gap of years.

ToTheNines
09-09-2016, 05:48 PM
http://karpathy.github.io/assets/rl/pong.gif

Vicky82
09-09-2016, 06:01 PM
But there's always new DC cartoons. Same reason there's always new Batman cartoons.

TMNT is owned by Nick, so it would look weird if they cancel their own show just to make another one. If they do that it'd likely be a huge gap of years.

Yeah and they are always on the same damn channel, Cartoon Network. it's the same with Marvel cartoons, they are always on the same channel which is Disney.

I know what you mean that it will be wired to have a new show straight after this one but it won't be straight after. It will more likely be between 5 years to 10 years until there's a new show.

ABrown
09-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Wonder if maybe they'll do a big drastic change like the original cartoon did with the red sky era or the 4Kids series did with Fast Forward.

snake
09-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I'm ready. I'll always have my season 1 and some of the stand out episodes from later seasons. I appriciate the show for what is is, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not disapointed at what it became. I'm not gonna miss it that much, simply because there are better tmnt alternatives out there that I can watch.

Hopefully the next cartoon comes sooner than later.

GoldMutant
09-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Dunno if this thread is a pot shot at Cubed or not...

Unless information were provided on the various sources barring the Nielsen ratings and at one point, Max from IGN, it's not surprising if the show is going. However, if Ciro's vision was five seasons, by all means end it at the right time so it doesn't overstay it's welcome. Better to go out on a triumphant note than to either decline into mediocrity or wade into nothing. Honestly, the show is just not as enjoyable to me anymore; I still watch and support TMNT, but if you've seen my reviews, I don't entirely give praise out compared to when I first came here.

Anyways, Viacom has other properties they can play with for money, Spongebob being the big one for Nickelodeon to this day. TMNT probably just doesn't have the strength right now, as most merchandise at stores I see are recent Disney movies like Dory and Frozen, Marvel, Batman, video games, etc. The problem with Nick TMNT merchandise is it's the same promotional photo all over the map, such as the cereal and Danger of the Ooze. Try showing more creativity with your marketing, don't reuse the same images.

Storm Eagle
09-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Whenever they feel like ending it, its' cool with me. There are other shows that I can watch. I just hope that they go out with a bang and not a whimper.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 08:29 PM
For some reason some people have a bizarre obsession with finding out when this show will end, and I cannot understand it. Its almost like they get a high off it, like it makes them feel good or something.

I've never seen people before who go out of their way obsessing over the cancellation of a children's cartoon show, as if the show is going to magically fade away when it ends. Whereas like all canceled shows, people will continue to talk about it years after it ends and all the young kids who grew up with it will have nostalgia for it.

ToTheNines
09-09-2016, 08:35 PM
a bizarre obsession

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f7/09/a7/f709a79f54abf422723981338a0476d8.jpg

TurtleTitan97
09-09-2016, 08:37 PM
As long as the show ends on a good note, I'll be okay with it.

Better to end it now then drag it on and watch the quality drop.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 08:38 PM
People just don't know they want. By the end of Season 5 the show will only have 124 total episodes. Even if you were to count Half-shell heroes that only adds another 2-4 episodes depending if the Christmas one comes out.

If the Nick cartoon is the shortest lived TMNT cartoon in history and can't even crack 150 episodes, then that spells doom for the future of the TMNT franchise.

We'll never get another long lasting show again. And you're all to blame.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Yes, I have accepted it. I originally thought it was gonna end at the end of season 4 but I was caught off guard when they announced season 5. Im perfectly content with the show ending, 124 is not a small number of episodes to be fair, though I think it wouldve been neat if Nick extended it by 6 episode to make it a 130 episode show with five 26 episode seasons.

snake
09-09-2016, 09:32 PM
People just don't know they want. By the end of Season 5 the show will only have 124 total episodes. Even if you were to count Half-shell heroes that only adds another 2-4 episodes depending if the Christmas one comes out.

If the Nick cartoon is the shortest lived TMNT cartoon in history and can't even crack 150 episodes, then that spells doom for the future of the TMNT franchise.

Please don't tell me this will be your new thing to spam in every thread until the next cartoon comes out.

How the f*ck are we to blame?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Cubed made it a tag, by Cudley! :tlol:

snake
09-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Cubed made it a tag, by Cudley! :tlol:

You so sure it was cubed? :lol: ;)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-09-2016, 09:50 PM
You so sure it was cubed? :lol: ;)

Well, no. But it's even funnier if it was him!

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Nah, I didn't make that tag. In fact I never make tags in threads. Its probably tothenines.

snake
09-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Nah, I didn't make that tag. In fact I never make tags in threads. Its probably tothenines.

Totally wasn't me or anything

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 10:09 PM
I already know you made tags in countless threads.

nellyp
09-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Maybe once it ends its run it will immediately do a cheap slapdash traditional style 2D animation. Kinda like Half shell heroes but more like if the artist got his hand caught in a car door a while back. Cybercubed may cry himself to sleep after each episode for the first season or so but after that he'll wonder how he ever lived without it.

Ninjinister
09-09-2016, 11:16 PM
I'd like it to keep going as long as possible but I feel 5's a good run.

I just hope for cryin' out loud they finally dump Playmates for toys for the next series.

CyberCubed
09-09-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Playmates has some sort of contact when Mirage sold the rights to Nick, otherwise Nick probably would have dumped them.

Turtle-X
09-10-2016, 04:44 AM

why not? Disney did it. canceled Avengers: Mightiest Heroes and replaced it with the inferior Avengers Assemble.

i don't know why you are so obsessed with total number of episodes. as though that is the cornerstone of a great series. it isn't. Nick has the rights to TMNT. if IF the current TMNT series ends after five seasons do you think they'd just let a profitable property sit untouched?

neatoman
09-10-2016, 05:05 AM
You think this thread is a bit premature, neatoman? I don't know why you have an obsession with this show being canceled, since you've been going on about it for at least a year now.

In any case, stop bringing up ratings and itunes sales. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes in addition to merch and revenue that can prolong or end a show. We have no idea how much money Nick is making on TMNT as none of us are insiders.

I still fully expect the show to hit at least 7 seasons and I see no reason to think otherwise. Nick's not going to throw away the only major thing they make money on since with IDW they have to share the profits with the comics.

We all know this good and well.

I'm sorry, who's prematurely making statements here? I'm not obsessed with this show being cancelled, I have just noticed signs that typically imply cancellation. I'm not saying it will end with the conclusion of season 5, just that it's most likely not going to continue after season 5. You're the one who keeps on blindly proclaiming this show will have 7 seasons for no real reason despite the fact that we would have known about season 6 several months ago if that was the case. And bring up the merch sales, fine but we need to know for sure if the merch is selling well, otherwise you're just full of hot air. If anything the opposite is true, from what I can see the here the stores are struggling to get rid of TMNT merch.

It seems more likely to me that we'll get a reboot after season 5 rather than a continuation.

Storm Eagle
09-10-2016, 06:17 AM
It seems more likely to me that we'll get a reboot after season 5 rather than a continuation.

Wasn't there word about a spin-off of some sort?

neatoman
09-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Wasn't there word about a spin-off of some sort?

I think that was just the Half-Shell Heroes special.

Powder
09-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Well there is/was The April O'neil files, which I guess never took off...

Shark_Blade
09-10-2016, 07:06 AM
It's a good run. Season 3 (the horror-fest theme) being my favorite, along with Season 2's Invasion of the Squirrelanoids. :tlove::)

Storm Eagle
09-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Well there is/was The April O'neil files, which I guess never took off...

Yeah that was the one I was thinking of. So I guess it's not happening.

Aaronardo
09-10-2016, 08:54 AM

Who that cares about quality gives a damn about how long the show is? You sound like Nickelodeon from about 10 years ago. "What? Why cancel SpongeBob even though all the best writers from it are leaving! It's gotta at least have 10 seasons and another movie!" Give it a rest. Would you rather have a show that is good all-around, Seasons 1-5, or have a good first 5 seasons, and a horrible run from there on?

It really does not matter how long the thing goes on, as long as it stays good. If you get what you want and the show goes on for another two seasons and they are god-awful, you only have yourself to blame.

The OT went on for 10 seasons, and about 5-6 of those seasons are garbage. The 2k3 series went for 7 seasons and 3 of them were garbage. If you haven't yet figured out that too much quantity can kill quality, then I'm very sorry for you.

You can either die Dave The Barbarian or live on to become SpongeBob.

(And, yeah, I've pretty much accepted a possible Season 5 end. I honestly think the show has already dropped in quality and feel my best memories with the show are behind me, so for me anyway, it's pretty easy for me to accept. 5 seasons is a good run anyway).

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 12:23 PM
The OT went on for 10 seasons, and about 5-6 of those seasons are garbage. The 2k3 series went for 7 seasons and 3 of them were garbage. If you haven't yet figured out that too much quantity can kill quality, then I'm very sorry for you.).

And....that is all completely false. The original cartoon's quality varied from episode to episode, not season to season. And while the last two seasons of the 2k3 series were weaker, Fast Forward Forward still had great episodes, and BTTS had a few gems like, "The Engagement Ring," and "Hacking Stockman."

So no.

snake
09-10-2016, 12:31 PM
And....that is all completely false. The original cartoon's quality varied from episode to episode, not season to season. And while the last two seasons of the 2k3 series were weaker, Fast Forward Forward still had great episodes, and BTTS had a few gems like, "The Engagement Ring," and "Hacking Stockman."

So no.

The red sky seasons were a huge quality drop and you know it

sdp
09-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Even if I'm not very fond of this show I do want it to continue as long as it can even if I don't get to watch Cybercubed's meltdown that it didn't reach 150 episodes which is some odd number to go for. I do think things are not going well with the new movie bombing, apparent low sales of figures, at the end of the day ratings don't really matter. Before we used to get confirmation fairly quickly of the next seasons and now they seem to be stretching it, so yeah things don't look great but maybe they're just trying to figure out what to do with the franchise.

I'm hoping they decide to continue and yes that means another PD's movie, I mentioned this a few times but the Nick show was going to be linked to the movie and if it bombed it would hurt the Nick show/franchise in general but everyone has such sheep mentality that you want to hate on something just because it's cool but it was far from terrible even if it wasn't what you wanted to see.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 12:44 PM

So no.

Bad seasons can still have a few good episodes. That doesn't mean the overall quality of the overall season in question is still a tremendous drop in quality.

I may hate on Fast Forward, but some of the episodes were decent and there were some good ideas. If it hadn't been a whole season but instead a condensed story arc akin to "Turtles in Space" or the Triceraton invasion (with much better writing), I'd have been okay with it.

"Bishop to Knight"
"Fly Me to the Moon"
"Milk Run"
"Head of State"
"DNA is Thicker Than Water"
"Zixxth Sense"

Those were all decent episodes. And I would have LOVED to see "Something Wicked" and "The Devil and Dr. Stockman".

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 01:28 PM
The red sky seasons were a huge quality drop and you know it

Season 8 is one of my favorite seasons, and most of Season 10 is good too. Season 9 is a bit of a mixed bag but its decent.

The worst parts of the original toon were the European Vacation episodes and some of the weaker rushed/random episodes scattered around Season 4. Season 3 only had 4 bad episodes to me, and Seasons 5-6 are fairly decent overall with only a few meh episodes.

I rewatch the original cartoon as a whole every 2-3 years or so, so the episodes are fresh on my mind.

shredder orokusaki
09-10-2016, 04:52 PM
The next show will be much more succesful is one of my henchmen is a blond beautiful ninja girl with glasses around 30 years old. Anyway as we said already many times from now until seaosn 5 ends we have at least 1-1,5 years!! That LOT of time for season 6 to be annnounceed. It can be annunced even one year from now! There is nothing to worry about.

snake
09-10-2016, 05:13 PM
The next show will be much more succesful is one of my henchmen is a blond beautiful ninja girl with glasses around 30 years old.

Man, she sounds way too old to be ninja-ing. And with glasses? C'mon Shredder, you can do better than this!

BubblyShell22
09-10-2016, 05:20 PM
If this show ends at season five, I'm fine with that as all shows have to have some sort of end. Sure, I'd love to see it continue if they feel there's more of a story to be told, but if the story ends at season five, then I've come to terms with that.

Coola Yagami
09-10-2016, 09:22 PM
With Shredder as a mutant here, it's kinda going to the end. I mean either they defeat him as a mutant, or de-mutate him, but you kinda can't go back to regular Shredder after that. It might be heading to the end. And I'm ok with this.

biganimefan
09-10-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm in the process of accepting the possibility of it. As of right now, the current season has an average of 1.51 million viewers and if the trend of the last few weeks are reversed for even a few weeks and stays close to that number then I think season 6 has a decent shot of happening. Also if you pay attention to the site that the ratings are posted from even last week's episode was above average(barely). Although I'm uncertain how accurate that color-coding scheme is...

However, if season 5 is the final season, I CAN be alright with that. 5 Seasons and 124 episodes is by no means a "failure." Most animated and live-action shows out there don't get anywhere close to that figure. Also, Turtlemania may not be quite as big as it was in the early 90's but until recently at least it was close to that. There is really only one thing that will make or break it for me as far as accepting it ending at season 5...A satisfying ending. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means or explain all the plot-holes in the show.

Also would really like confirmation of where the television franchise will go from there. I definitely would like a 4th series to be made within a couple years of the 2012 series ending. It can be either a show aimed at kids again, or an "adult" cartoon or something in between, I don't really mind. It would be nice though to share a current series with my son when he's old enough to remember such things.

NinjaMan
09-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Gonna miss this show after it ends in 5 seasons. Me and my oldest child have been watching this together for years. Hopefully it doesn't end on a lame ninja tribunal arc.

Ashwolf
09-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Gonna miss this show after it ends in 5 seasons. Me and my oldest child have been watching this together for years. Hopefully it doesn't end on a lame ninja tribunal arc.

how is a ninja tribunal arc lame?

Coola Yagami
09-10-2016, 10:10 PM
how is a ninja tribunal arc lame?

The Turtles aren't anime characters that found their animality.

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 10:13 PM
The Ninja Tribunal arc was great.

wpugh2424
09-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Who knows what will happen. I still think they have many avenues they could travel and tell great stories. I'm not ok with it ending as of yet, as I truly enjoy what's going on right now.
I mean if it ends, I would love to see an IDW based cartoon and have them mirror many of the stories.
As far as the OT I felt like it varied in quality and continuity, but I still loved it til the end withe the red sky theme. To me fast forward was weaker but still entertaining. Let's just be happy with what's there, I mean as most of us here are die-hard tmnt fans ( I think...).

wpugh2424
09-10-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm in the process of accepting the possibility of it. As of right now, the current season has an average of 1.51 million viewers and if the trend of the last few weeks are reversed for even a few weeks and stays close to that number then I think season 6 has a decent shot of happening. Also if you pay attention to the site that the ratings are posted from even last week's episode was above average(barely). Although I'm uncertain how accurate that color-coding scheme is...

However, if season 5 is the final season, I CAN be alright with that. 5 Seasons and 124 episodes is by no means a "failure." Most animated and live-action shows out there don't get anywhere close to that figure. Also, Turtlemania may not be quite as big as it was in the early 90's but until recently at least it was close to that. There is really only one thing that will make or break it for me as far as accepting it ending at season 5...A satisfying ending. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means or explain all the plot-holes in the show.

Also would really like confirmation of where the television franchise will go from there. I definitely would like a 4th series to be made within a couple years of the 2012 series ending. It can be either a show aimed at kids again, or an "adult" cartoon or something in between, I don't really mind. It would be nice though to share a current series with my son when he's old enough to remember such things.

I agree with you in regard to the children we have. I have an 8 year old girl who loves the show and now have a 6 month old son id love to share the passion with if the show get rebooted in the future or even continues for a few years. In my house as long as I am not at work we look forward to Sunday's To watch new episodes

CyberCubed
09-11-2016, 02:07 AM
I'm willing to bet after Season 5 this show will undergo a revamp for its last two seasons and go in a different direction, similar to Seasons 8-10 of the original cartoon or Fast Forward/BTTS of the 2k3 series.

Seems to be a tradition that TMNT cartoons go through overhauls/revamps in their final years, I bet it'll happen to this one too.

Ashwolf
09-11-2016, 03:03 AM
I'm willing to bet after Season 5 this show will undergo a revamp for its last two seasons and go in a different direction, similar to Seasons 8-10 of the original cartoon or Fast Forward/BTTS of the 2k3 series.

Seems to be a tradition that TMNT cartoons go through overhauls/revamps in their final years, I bet it'll happen to this one too.

as long as its not lame, i wouldnt have any complaints

shredder orokusaki
09-11-2016, 03:44 AM
Man, she sounds way too old to be ninja-ing. And with glasses? C'mon Shredder, you can do better than this!

It will be something realy new and instresting you must admit it. And yes with glasses because girls with glasses are very beatiful. Ninajs can be at any age both i and Splinter we are more than 50 years old men.

shredder orokusaki
09-11-2016, 03:48 AM
With Shredder as a mutant here, it's kinda going to the end. I mean either they defeat him as a mutant, or de-mutate him, but you kinda can't go back to regular Shredder after that. It might be heading to the end. And I'm ok with this.

I told you that i will be mutated again into a utrom or i will become a demon it will not end so soon. In 2003 series i was a utrom at the begining then a demon and then a robot in cyberspace, See? The possibilities are endless.

Chris
09-11-2016, 04:07 AM
Definitely expecting season 5 to be the end at this point. Just based on when they announced/ordered previous seasons they would have announced season 6 by now if they were planning to do one. If nothing's announced at NYCC I'd say we're past the point of no return.

Andrew NDB
09-11-2016, 04:25 AM
@Andrew

I don't expect sales to be comprised by anything Nick does with the show. I just meant corporate meddling. I could say them saying "well the Bay movies sucked, and our cartoon is toast... Let's mothball this crap for a few years and bring them back as wizards once Harry Potter is cool again". Or something equally insipid. Or worse.

I could see that happening. Freezing all existing deals. Pause. Do-over.

CyberCubed
09-11-2016, 12:24 PM
I doubt they'd spitefully kill off the IDW comic. It would still give Nick free money, why would they care?

thundermaster612
09-11-2016, 02:13 PM
So this is the only time I'm going to peek into this thread, so the one thing I'm saying is:

7 or 10 seasons at least.

IndigoErth
09-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Unless instead of actually ending it they decided to upgrade the characters to an older model (and themes) and continue as a second related series...?

(And maybe that one could take more cues from 2003, while this one took from '87. Do it, Nick, really. :P)

ZacksSoUgly
09-11-2016, 09:14 PM
One part of me wants to see this series go 100+ episodes, but another part of me wants it to end when it should end. That's oversimplifying a bit, but y'all know what I mean.

PApagreg
09-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Unless instead of actually ending it they decided to upgrade the characters to an older model (and themes) and continue as a second related series...?

(And maybe that one could take more cues from 2003, while this one took from '87. Do it, Nick, really. :P)

I would't mind that because this series is just ugggh

snake
09-11-2016, 09:25 PM

Y'know, that would be cool, but the chances are slim. Plus this show used nearly all of the "staple" plots (Shredder, Return to New York, ect). A new incarnation would be the way to go.

Whatever the new show is, I hope it's more serious than this one. IDW tone would be perfect.

CyberCubed
09-11-2016, 09:34 PM
The show isn't ending.

Turtle-X
09-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Not yet anyway.

WebLurker
09-12-2016, 12:21 AM
If I recall correctly, the original plan was to do five seasons. If they can do more and do them well, that would be great, but five seasons is still a respectable run.

Besides, we don't know yet what's going to happen. So, until then, I'm hoping that it runs as long as it can, but that it ends at the point where it's still on a high note and it's not being stretched out beyond the point it needs to be put to pasture, but that it resolves everything in a satisfactory manner.

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 12:31 AM
There's still a lot more to do. A Battle Nexus arc, or at least some kind of intergalactic tournament in general, more time travel stories with Renet, delving more into the history of the Foot Clan, etc.

Plus various character stuff like Shinigami and Tiger Claws origins, revisit of old mutant characters, etc.

ZacksSoUgly
09-12-2016, 01:23 AM
There's still a lot more to do. A Battle Nexus arc, or at least some kind of intergalactic tournament in general, more time travel stories with Renet, delving more into the history of the Foot Clan, etc.

Plus various character stuff like Shinigami and Tiger Claws origins, revisit of old mutant characters, etc.

Tell 'em, Cubed... There's a ton of stories to explore and expand in this universe - and in the TMNT universe in general. If it ends after 5, then that's cool as long as it goes out on its own terms. If it can keep going strong, then keep it going strong!

ToTheNines
09-12-2016, 03:28 AM
One part of me wants to see this series go 100+ episodes, but another part of me wants it to end when it should end. That's oversimplifying a bit, but y'all know what I mean.

It'll be at 124 episodes once season 5 is over.

Stage 1: denial.

Metalwolf
09-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Definitely expecting season 5 to be the end at this point. Just based on when they announced/ordered previous seasons they would have announced season 6 by now if they were planning to do one. If nothing's announced at NYCC I'd say we're past the point of no return.When is NYCC happening by the way?

I've also accepted this show ending at Season 5. It does have it's good parts, but I'd hate to see it turn into a franchise zombie like the Simpsons or Spongebob. Shredder turning into Super Shredder does sound like they are intending to wrap things up.

Edit: Never mind, I found it, it's October 6th-9th. So about a month from now.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2016, 06:26 PM
If it does end at season 5, I wish it would be 26 episodes instead of twenty, so we would have a 130 episode series with five 26 episode seasons.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-12-2016, 07:32 PM
If it does end at season 5, I wish it would be 26 episodes instead of twenty, so we would have a 130 episode series with five 26 episode seasons.

Okay, why do the numbers matter?

I mean, we all know Cubed has little quirks of personality or brain chemistry... but why do normal people care about a number?

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Because people want stuff to end on even numbers, milestones or a lot of episodes.

myconius
09-13-2016, 09:24 AM
@Andrew

I could see that happening. Freezing all existing deals. Pause. Do-over.

NNNGGGGGGG!!!!! that would royally suck!
hopefully some bigwig doesn't decided to mess with my comics!!!!!

back to the cartoon show, i think if the Nick series is profitable enough, it'd stick around even after 5 seasons?

myconius
09-13-2016, 09:25 AM
and not voting in this poll.

it's one sided. :lol:

ToTheNines
09-13-2016, 09:39 AM
Because people want stuff to end on even numbers, milestones or a lot of episodes.

124 is both an even number and a lot of episodes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 09:42 AM
124 is both an even number and a lot of episodes.

Someday, somewhere, a show will end with 666 episodes.

And it will destroy us all. :evilgrin:

ToTheNines
09-13-2016, 09:47 AM
That will please AntichristCubed greatly.

Vegita-San
09-13-2016, 09:56 AM

I hope they get someone with a clearer vision on what they want the show to be. i'm not even really sure what this 'story' is they are trying to tell. i don't think they know either.

These 4 new episodes then super long breaks don't help it either.

I personally can't wait to see this show end, and something with a little more substance begin. The 4 kids series spoiled me as to what we could get if done right.

If you want to go all dark, go all dark with a little humor. it worked for B:TAS, it could work for tmnt. Personally, I think it's time for something like that, more in vein of the first tmnt movie.

But it needs to focus on just Shredder, the Turtles and the foot. Forget Krang, forget the 80s FW series. add in a few elements of the 4kids series this time around.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 12:42 PM
I hope they get someone with a clearer vision on what they want the show to be. i'm not even really sure what this 'story' is they are trying to tell. i don't think they know either.

The same thing any other TMNT series story is trying to "tell." Aside from Shredder being the main villain, the Turtles just go on lots of adventures fighting other human enemies, mutants or aliens.

Same as any other Turtle series over the last 30 years. What story is any other TMNT universe trying to tell? After the Shredder/Foot, its the same thing.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 12:45 PM
The same thing any other TMNT series story is trying to "tell." Aside from Shredder being the main villain, the Turtles just go on lots of adventures fighting other human enemies, mutants or aliens.

Same as any other Turtle series over the last 30 years. What story is any other TMNT universe trying to tell? After the Shredder/Foot, its the same thing.

Objection!

4Kids TMNT: the story then became Karai's vengeance against the TMNT (and then Ninja Tribunal, but <Cylons rant against Ninja Tribunal>)

IDW TMNT: The Pantheon's manipulation of the Foot Clan, General Krang, mutants, EVERYONE

There has been and can be overarching story to TMNT shows/comics.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Objection!

4Kids TMNT: the story then became Karai's vengeance against the TMNT (and then Ninja Tribunal, but <Cylons rant against Ninja Tribunal>)

IDW TMNT: The Pantheon's manipulation of the Foot Clan, General Krang, mutants, EVERYONE

There has been and can be overarching story to TMNT shows/comics.

Yes, but TMNT is mostly slice of life after they get away from the Shredder/Foot stories.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Yes, but TMNT is mostly slice of life after they get away from the Shredder/Foot stories.

Only in Mirage/Image. Fred Wolf... well, that was what it was. "Mutant/mobster/scientist of the week" stuff.

4Kids, overarching stories.

Nick, overarching stories.

Archie... all that Null, Maligna, Turnstone stuff.

There we go. The biggest versions, and only Mirage/Image have ever really done "slice of life."

turtlefanforever
09-13-2016, 04:41 PM
bury it. set it ablaze. i wanna watch it burn.

plastroncafe
09-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Only in Mirage/Image. Fred Wolf... well, that was what it was. "Mutant/mobster/scientist of the week" stuff.

4Kids, overarching stories.

Nick, overarching stories.

Archie... all that Null, Maligna, Turnstone stuff.

There we go. The biggest versions, and only Mirage/Image have ever really done "slice of life."

Which is a shame, because arguably the best parts of the 2007 movie were the slice-of-life parts.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Which is a shame, because arguably the best parts of the 2007 movie were the slice-of-life parts.

Oh my. You're absolutely right about that. Tech Support Donatello. :tlol:

snake
09-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Oh my. You're absolutely right about that. Tech Support Donatello. :tlol:

What I wouldn't give for a short with more Tech Support Donnie

CyberCubed
09-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Given Usagi is now confirmed to appear in TMNT, but Greg Cripes confirmed all 124 episodes up to the end of Season 5 have already been finished voice actor wise....is this our first confirmation of Season 6?

If they just recently signed a deal for Usagi and Season 5 is already done, this sort of hints Usagi will appear in the Season 6 opener.

Looks like the show is very likely continuing after all.

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Probably not. The Usagi deal was obviously inked a long time ago if there was promo art for it over the summer.

CyberCubed
09-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Probably not. The Usagi deal was obviously inked a long time ago if there was promo art for it over the summer.

But Season 5's scripts would have already been in pre-production prior. They wouldn't bother to script an Usagi episode before they knew they could use him.

I mean they said they finished the voice acting for all 124 episodes already, and Season 5 won't even finish airing on TV till the end of 2017. Look at how far ahead they are in production.

snake
09-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Given Usagi is now confirmed to appear in TMNT, but Greg Cripes confirmed all 124 episodes up to the end of Season 5 have already been finished voice actor wise....is this our first confirmation of Season 6?

If they just recently signed a deal for Usagi and Season 5 is already done, this sort of hints Usagi will appear in the Season 6 opener.

Looks like the show is very likely continuing after all.

Nah, I think it's just being confirmed/promoted now.

CyberCubed
09-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Maybe, but it seems weird to just announce this now if Usagi was already confirmed months ago.

I just want confirmation of a Season 6...

STORMSHADOW__210
09-15-2016, 10:15 PM
I don't know. I don't trust Nick. They are a ruthless and unpredictable company . Remember Legend Of Korra? One of the best animated series ever and Nick did Korra and her fans pretty bad.

CyberCubed
09-15-2016, 10:22 PM
I don't know. I don't trust Nick. They are a ruthless and unpredictable company . Remember Legend Of Korra? One of the best animated series ever and Nick did Korra and her fans pretty bad.

Korra was going to end anyway after four seasons, it was a planned short show just like Avatar was. Its not like it got canceled unexpectingly.

MartiusR
09-17-2016, 03:09 PM
Whoah, I haven't been here for a very loong time, welcome back, everybody :)

But getting back to the subject - I probably wouldn't have any problem with it. Basing on my experience with other tv shows with turtles, I was always losing interest in it approximately in the "half" of the show. To be honest, I've started to feel that I'm losing appetite on turtles (sounds weird, I know :trolleye:) during third season. Now I've skipped whole space arc* (tried to watch first episode, but I've watched only two minutes and had enough) and got back after long brake... And on the one hand I quite liked what I saw so far (even if there were some lacks and episode with mob showed the gangsters as utterly goofy and pathetic), but I can't say that I'm so entertained as I was during first and second season. And I'm guessing that if there will be resolved (in one way or another) case with Shredder in this season, I will be rather neutral about 5th season, as well as for the case "will it be continued or not"

*I feel that I didn't loose anything important, City at War is really good place to get back to the series

BubblyShell22
09-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Well, if season 6 is confirmed, they will likely announce it at NYCC. I agree though that it seems unusual to suddenly announce that Usagi has been confirmed now if the deal was already signed. You would think that they would have announced it at SDCC.

TigerClaw
09-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Well, if season 6 is confirmed, they will likely announce it at NYCC. I agree though that it seems unusual to suddenly announce that Usagi has been confirmed now if the deal was already signed. You would think that they would have announced it at SDCC.
I have a feeling Season 6 will be confirmed at NYCC, besides not only will they be showing the episode with Super Shredder, they will no doubt show concept art of some of the new characters from Season 5, including Usagi.

lonewarrior20
09-17-2016, 08:52 PM
well if they plan to do a third movie 'which they might be i don't know' i think more seasons will be on the way. then again for all we know the viacom execs choose and pick using this method.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4874198/coin-toss-slow-motion-o.gif

tmnt transformer
09-17-2016, 09:07 PM
I really think this show isn't gonna end with only 5 seasons. (Note, I'm not siding with Cubed's idea that it could be considered a failure if 5 is the final season) To be honest, What other shows does nick have that has been more profitable? I mean, practically every show that they have done after 2k12 started has pretty much been canceled after a short amount of time. Heck, If it wasn't for tmnt and the endless amount of reruns of the other stupid crap they have, would nick even exist anymore?

BubblyShell22
09-18-2016, 07:56 AM
well if they plan to do a third movie 'which they might be i don't know' i think more seasons will be on the way. then again for all we know the viacom execs choose and pick using this method.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4874198/coin-toss-slow-motion-o.gif

The movie has nothing to do with the show as both are separate from each other. So, if they don't have another movie, that won't affect the show at all.

Metalwolf
09-19-2016, 11:54 AM
I really think this show isn't gonna end with only 5 seasons. (Note, I'm not siding with Cubed's idea that it could be considered a failure if 5 is the final season) To be honest, What other shows does nick have that has been more profitable?Spongebob. They even had (or have) the original creator returning, after he's been gone for practically 15+ years.

I don't see them showing the same love to Nick TMNT. I think if this show tanks enough in ratings, they might just pull the plug.

MikeandRaph87
09-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Nielsen ratings are not the main factor. Look at how many streams it would get on the Nick website combined with DVR recordings and the actual viewership together to get a number. Also, consider the toy sales and how lucrative it continues to be with other product deals outside of toys. Instead of just fading away and letting fans guess like the 1987 cartoon and 2003 cartoon it would be nice for a straight answer, but just be patient. Its not the end until a press release states it. Itwill likely get a sixth season with the above facts anyway.T he question is have we reached the subtitled season at the end of the series like Fastforward/Back To The Sewers or Red Sky era.

Vegita-San
09-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Spongebob. They even had (or have) the original creator returning, after he's been gone for practically 15+ years.

I don't see them showing the same love to Nick TMNT. I think if this show tanks enough in ratings, they might just pull the plug.

I disagree with that.

I think tmnt is a bit more noticeable than sponge bob.

where I think tmnt fails, is that they don't have anyone with a singular vision on what it needs to be. you can have different versions, but they are all over the place.

the only version that works 100%, I think, is IDW. those guys to me get it. Movie and TV, not so much.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-19-2016, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=lonewarrior20;1624902]well if they plan to do a third movie 'which they might be i don't know' i think more seasons will be on the way./QUOTE]

Not if the film fails.

BubblyShell22
09-19-2016, 01:30 PM
And as I said earlier, the film has nothing to do with the show itself. They are two separate franchises so even if a third movie doesn't happen, that doesn't mean the show won't continue unless the network decides not to continue it.

09-20-2016, 11:34 AM
And as I said earlier, the film has nothing to do with the show itself. They are two separate franchises so even if a third movie doesn't happen, that doesn't mean the show won't continue unless the network decides not to continue it.

They're both dependet on the popularity of the franchise in general, often affecting each other.

THGhost
09-20-2016, 03:43 PM
I hadn't given it much thought until now. Yeah, I guess I'd be okay with it. No point stretching it out for longer than it should be.

Jephael
09-20-2016, 11:19 PM
I'm a little torn on the matter. As fun as it's been watching this series, I'm kinda hoping to see it come to a conclusion. Plus once it ends I don't intend to take much interest in any future interpretations of TMNT. I had my fun with them over the course of my life but I feel it's time to move on with my life.

Vegita-San
09-20-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm a little torn on the matter. As fun as it's been watching this series, I'm kinda hoping to see it come to a conclusion. Plus once it ends I don't intend to take much interest in any future interpretations of TMNT. I had my fun with them over the course of my life but I feel it's time to move on with my life.

too be honest, i feel the same way.

but ONLY because i feel these aren't made for me anymore.

these are made for todays youth who don't like depth and prefer quick cuts, action and fart jokes.

the movies and tv show arn't aimed for me. and i can still enjoy stuff aimed for kids if done right.

CyberCubed
09-21-2016, 01:49 AM

That's weird, there's no reason you need to move on from TMNT altogether. Future TMNT cartoons will probably be great as well.

Metalwolf
09-21-2016, 08:35 AM
That's weird, there's no reason you need to move on from TMNT altogether. Future TMNT cartoons will probably be great as well.That's what ultimately happens when people take the "TMNT is for kids' stuff to heart, Cubed. It's why I protest against it whenever it's brought up, it's why I always argue for original storylines and better characterizations, and never accept anything subpar.

We get people leaving or deciding they are 'too old' for a 'kid's franchise.'

LeotheLateBloomer
09-21-2016, 10:22 AM
It also depends on how much you surround yourself or how much time you spend with a property. It leads to exhaustion. The Batman Arkham games is how I got back into Batman in years. But due to so much pushing DC does for this character I'm now sick and tired of him. He's getting too much exposure; Tons of Batman comics and cartoons, so many animated movies (Son of Batman, Bad Blood, two Unlimited films), the Dark Knight trilogy, adding him to the Man of Steel "sequel" only to take first billing on the title, an appearance in Suicide Squad, 4 Arkham games, The Telltale games, Lego Batman games, a Lego Batman movie, and two crossover comics with the turtles.

Aaronardo
09-21-2016, 10:26 AM
I never thought I'd see the day where the point was driven home on exactly why you can't just play the "TMNT is just for kids" card all the damn time, but lo and behold, here it is.

Just because kids today like fart jokes and quick cuts doesn't mean everything needs to be that way. Kids are impressionable. They're going to like depth and meaning if they're exposed to it. Unfortunately, current animated TV doesn't have much of that anymore, and would rather play the sugar-high card on everything. It's infuriating, but hey, that's demographics for you.

Even though Avatar: The Last Airbender was arguably the last insanely successful kids' show as of now (barring Teen Titans Go).

I mean, you give these people logic and they won't listen. Then you watch as your logic becomes fact and it hurts a franchise you like, and you did everything you could but it was unfortunately not enough. If Viacom keeps treating TMNT the way they are right now, then it'll end up just as forgotten as Butt Ugly Martians (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1z9I9WN_A) or Kung Fu Dino Posse. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8f_spc7Nnw) And that's bogus.

PApagreg
09-21-2016, 10:36 AM
I never thought I'd see the day where the point was driven home on exactly why you can't just play the "TMNT is just for kids" card all the damn time, but lo and behold, here it is.

Just because kids today like fart jokes and quick cuts doesn't mean everything needs to be that way. Kids are impressionable. They're going to like depth and meaning if they're exposed to it. Unfortunately, current animated TV doesn't have much of that anymore, and would rather play the sugar-high card on everything. It's infuriating, but hey, that's demographics for you.

Even though Avatar: The Last Airbender was arguably the last insanely successful kids' show as of now (barring Teen Titans Go).

I mean, you give these people logic and they won't listen. Then you watch as your logic becomes fact and it hurts a franchise you like, and you did everything you could but it was unfortunately not enough. If Viacom keeps treating TMNT the way they are right now, then it'll end up just as forgotten as Butt Ugly Martians (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1z9I9WN_A) or Kung Fu Dino Posse. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8f_spc7Nnw) And that's bogus.

Steven Universe, Adventure Time, ,Star wars rebels, Gravity Falls, and Star vs more or less fit that mode hell Amazing world of gumball and Loud House are comedy shows and even they can bring emotion better than TMNT 2k12

But back on topic I'm still skeptical of this series ending but if season 5 is the final season then good. This series had such promise during the first season but bad writing, waste of characters, horrible scheduling, and the toyetic nature of this series ruined this incarnation for me

Aaronardo
09-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Steven Universe, Adventure Time, ,Star wars rebels, Gravity Falls, and Star vs more or less fit that mode hell Amazing world of gumball and Loud House are comedy shows and even they can bring emotion better than TMNT 2k12

Yes, but I'm talking about the majority of television aimed at kids. Hell, Star VS The Forces Of Evil, Gumball, and Loud House, though I like them, are still very sugar-high and are kinda part of the problem. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, Adventure Time was the show that started the whole sugar-high phase, being the only show in your list that actually got wildly popular.

PApagreg
09-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Yes, but I'm talking about the majority of television aimed at kids. Hell, Star VS The Forces Of Evil, Gumball, and Loud House, though I like them, are still very sugar-high and are kinda part of the problem. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, Adventure Time was the show that started the whole sugar-high phase, being the only show in your list that actually got wildly popular.

I would't call Gumball or Loud House super high but I do agree with Star however despite all of them being comedy shows they are still write better emotion scenes then this incarnation

THGhost
09-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Wasn't Gumball recently cancelled? Besides reruns, what the hell is Cartoon Network gonna air now? Last I checked, Gumball is all it ever seems to air whenever I glance at it. :P

and two crossover comics with the turtles.

Two? I know about the recent Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic. What's the other one?

If Viacom keeps treating TMNT the way they are right now, then it'll end up just as forgotten as Butt Ugly Martians (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1z9I9WN_A) or Kung Fu Dino Posse. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8f_spc7Nnw) And that's bogus.

Boy do I remember Butt Ugly Martians. :lol: Never heard of Kung Fu Dino Posse though.

TigerClaw
09-21-2016, 03:23 PM
Wasn't Gumball recently cancelled? Besides reruns, what the hell is Cartoon Network gonna air now? Last I checked, Gumball is all it ever seems to air whenever I glance at it. :P

Two? I know about the recent Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic. What's the other one?

Boy do I remember Butt Ugly Martians. :lol: Never heard of Kung Fu Dino Posse though.
Kung Fu Dino Posse sounds cool, I'm always down for anthropomorphic reptiles, like the Dinosaucers cartoon.

shredder orokusaki
09-21-2016, 03:23 PM
No there was only 1 mini series where i travel to Gotham and join forces with Jokee Penguin Mr Freeze Riddler e.t.c It was 6 issues. Batman is not near as popular and succesful as tmnt is. Yes he has lot of carttons but most of them did so bad that they ended in season 1! Only his current show Gotham seems to be doing well ( and i like it enough season 3 episode 1 of it started yesterday by the way). Movies? He has about as many movies as TMNT has . As for his Arkham games? They are great but as someone who plays and emjoys evry action adventure, fps , tps(third person shooter) hack n slash fighter, and action rpg game for about 2 decades now i can say that they dont realy offer something that we havent see in others similar games to them. They are good but nothing realy special . He will never beat me in popularity and fanbase. I and my foot ninjas are a lot more popular than the stupid and powerless villians like joker that he is fighting.

ToTheNines
09-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Of course the mental patient likes Gotham.

BubblyShell22
09-21-2016, 04:11 PM
He's our version of The Joker. I mean, he's definitely got the insanity down.

I liked Gotham until they offed Jerome who was supposed to be The Joker and then I got tired of it.

PApagreg
09-21-2016, 04:26 PM

Its cancelled after its sixth season

Aaronardo
09-21-2016, 07:02 PM
Kung Fu Dino Posse sounds cool, I'm always down for anthropomorphic reptiles, like the Dinosaucers cartoon.

Trust me, if you want to keep some brain cells, I'd highly recommend not watching that one. :lol:

And Gumball wasn't cancelled. It brings in a lot of CN's ratings. The show was ended on the creator's own terms. In its place will probably be more Teen Titans Go reruns :lol:

TigerClaw
09-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Trust me, if you want to keep some brain cells, I'd highly recommend not watching that one. :lol:

And Gumball wasn't cancelled. It brings in a lot of CN's ratings. The show was ended on the creator's own terms. In its place will probably be more Teen Titans Go reruns :lol:
There was another cartoon I watched back in the days called "The Adventures of T-Rex"

They were a group of dinosaur cabaret singers that would become superheroes.

MQhKQKI1lPU

LeotheLateBloomer
09-21-2016, 08:25 PM

The upcoming one with TAS Batman and the Nick TMNT.

Batman is not near as popular and succesful as tmnt is. Yes he has lot of carttons but most of them did so bad that they ended in season 1! Only his current show Gotham seems to be doing well ( and i like it enough season 3 episode 1 of it started yesterday by the way). Movies? He has about as many movies as TMNT has.

He had more cartoons of which lasted more than one season (sans Beware the Batman) and a lot more movies than TMNT. Quit spouting nonsense!

Powder
09-21-2016, 09:30 PM
We get people leaving or deciding they are 'too old' for a 'kid's franchise.'

Let them leave.

Word, stick with Extreme Dinosaurs. It's decent & has 2 or 3 of the VA's from Next Mutation.

victory_angel
09-21-2016, 10:09 PM
There was another cartoon I watched back in the days called "The Adventures of T-Rex"

They were a group of dinosaur cabaret singers that would become superheroes.

MQhKQKI1lPU

I loved this show when I was a kid. Almost hard to believe this was actually a Japanese anime.

victory_angel
09-21-2016, 10:27 PM

Or you can just watch Mr. Enters animated atrocity about it and be glad you missed that bullet.

UcDRvAxWYd8

CyberCubed
09-22-2016, 02:00 AM
The show isn't over till the fat lady sings.

Shark_Blade
09-22-2016, 07:04 AM

Three.

Ghostbusters and X-Files. The X-Files were boring because Mulder & Scully weren't involved directly with them, instead we have a bunch of Mulder's nerdy friends -wtf. Ghostbusters crossover was nice though.

THGhost
09-22-2016, 09:54 AM

Damn that sounds awesome.

Three.

Ghostbusters and X-Files. The X-Files were boring because Mulder & Scully weren't involved directly with them, instead we have a bunch of Mulder's nerdy friends -wtf. Ghostbusters crossover was nice though.

But no Batman? So 2.

Jephael
09-22-2016, 08:54 PM
The show isn't over till the fat lady sings.

Xbw742hhUoU

You brought this upon yourself, my friend!!!

09-23-2016, 06:20 AM
Once the series airs, just get over it and watch other TV series, films or read other books and comics.

shredder orokusaki
09-23-2016, 06:56 AM
Of course the mental patient likes Gotham.

i like the some of the villians of Batman because they are also very bad like me!!!!

shredder orokusaki
09-23-2016, 06:59 AM

He had more cartoons of which lasted more than one season (sans Beware the Batman) and a lot more movies than TMNT. Quit spouting nonsense!

None of Batman cartoons had as much episodess as OT or 2003 TMNT carttons had. Why? Because Batman is not near as popular as TMNT. How can it be when the villians are such weak and cowards like Joker and Penguin?

09-23-2016, 07:02 AM
None of Batman cartoons had as much episodess as OT or 2003 TMNT carttons had. Why? Because Batman is not near as popular as TMNT. How can it be when the villians are such weak and cowards like Joker and Penguin?

Maybe the cartonns are not su popular but in general (comics, films) characters like Superman, Batman and Spiderman are more popular than TMNT.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-23-2016, 08:02 AM

If you're going to use cartoons as your only argument, you've already losed.

09-23-2016, 08:45 AM
If you're going to use cartoons as your only argument, you've already losed.

I agree. Superman is probably the most famous hero-superhero comic. Then comes Batman, then maybe Spiderman. TMNT is at least far below with probably many others between. Don't even count Justice League which is a lot of heroes and superheroes togethr.

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Ghostbusters and X-Files. The X-Files were boring because Mulder & Scully weren't involved directly with them, instead we have a bunch of Mulder's nerdy friends -wtf.

They're The Lone Gunmen you ****ing idiot.

(The comic did suck, but not because of the characters.)

Powder
09-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Seems like I'm one of the only people who actually like that issue.

Autbot_Benz
09-23-2016, 04:33 PM

you are a ****ing moron. Joker is not a coward. Go read some of the comics and see how evil Joker can get.Hell Joker nearly made Tim Drake Joker Jr and tortured him in batman beyond return of the joker . Not to mention what he did to Jason Todd

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Seems like I'm one of the only people who actually like that issue.

It's funny, I hated the TMNT and Ghostbusters Conspiracy issues even though they're 2 of my favorite things on Earth. But I really enjoyed the Transformers and The Crow issues, and I really don't give a crap about either.

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 01:12 PM
I thought it was that way all along. Ciro once said that he had a five season plan for this show and that he wasn't envisioning beyond that. I myself am quite content with that.

THGhost
09-26-2016, 09:47 PM

Batman is way more popular than TMNT. :lol:

TMNTInsighter
09-26-2016, 10:17 PM

That whole spout of nonsense was all a joke right? This is ridiculous! Quit fooling around with this charade or get off this site!

snake
09-26-2016, 10:24 PM
That whole spout of nonsense was all a joke right? This is ridiculous! Quit fooling around with this charade or get off this site!

F*ck off! He's doing nothing wrong and is quite entertaining to keep around.

He'll cut you too

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 12:24 AM
I thought it was that way all along. Ciro once said that he had a five season plan for this show and that he wasn't envisioning beyond that. I myself am quite content with that.

No, he said he'd like to make at least 5 seasons. Not that he only wants to make 5.

He said that back in 2012 when the show first started because he had no idea at the time if it would be successful or not.

TMNTInsighter
09-27-2016, 06:57 PM
F*ck off! He's doing nothing wrong and is quite entertaining to keep around.

He'll cut you too

You (and Cyber too) don't know what you're talking about.

GoldMutant
09-27-2016, 07:04 PM

Snake is right in some ways, the orokushredder guy is okay but only in small doses., at least in my opinion How the formula works is this: role play as Shredder/talk about his photo resolutions then cue the outrage. Give him attention, he persists; don't give him attention and he's not too much a hassle as he's not that frequent a poster.

Still sticking to my guns though with the topic as before: let the show end on its own merits, don't force it to stick around, unless you got more ideas you want to play with as long as they fit the story. Not a fan of the direction the show has fully taken as of late, but I still watch it and it keeps me occupied, no matter how much I criticize it.

All in all, based on that and some of the recent confirmations (spiritual themes, Super Shredder, Usagi), I'm fine with it ending next season as long as it gets a decent sendoff.

snake
09-27-2016, 07:44 PM

Don't compare me to Cubed

TMNTInsighter
09-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Snake is right in some ways, the orokushredder guy is okay but only in small doses., at least in my opinion How the formula works is this: role play as Shredder/talk about his photo resolutions then cue the outrage. Give him attention, he persists; don't give him attention and he's not too much a hassle as he's not that frequent a poster.

That's not what I'm calling him out for...at least not completely. If you and snake read his post again then you both will see how much that he is, without justification, deriding both the Batman franchise and the series' because they didn't have more episodes than the Ninja Turtles series' and are therefore 1) not as popular and are not better than the Ninja Turtles, and 2) have weak and poor villains such as Joker (and Penguin).
Batman TAS has gone down as perhaps the greatest action cartoon ever, the franchise and its run of media has endured longer and is more recognizable than the TMNT, Batman himself has gone down as one of the best and most psychological heroes of all time, and Joker has gone down as one of the greatest villains of all time! Not to mention that if you were to ask just about anyone then they'll say that the TMNT, while a pretty good and fun franchise that is recognizable with some good characters and stories attached to it; is still not in any way more enduring, popular, recognizable, or even better than the Batman franchise and its media! It's not even close.
For him to say what he said (without even attempting to back it up) is not only completely untrue but totally out of line! And I have to sit here and read that garbage of his?! That's a joke! And for that, the least he deserves is a calling out!

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 07:49 PM
The show isn't ending anytime soon.

drag0nfeathers
09-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Well this was a fun read... :tlol:

Gotta say, I've been iffy on the direction with this show for a while now, but I really don't see it ending after season 5. I think this show has at least another 2 or 3 seasons after that and I HOPE even more before words like "cancelled" start being thrown around. Even if the ratings are lower than they want, TMNT has always sustained a pretty loyal fan base. I really don't see it being axed any time soon.

If anything they will hopefully brainstorm on how to FIX the ratings problem with some better writing than to just drop it. That would be stupid considering it's the foundation for their toy lines. With no show to tie in the merchandising they suffer in other ways much more painfully than low ratings. It may warrant a discussion, not a cancellation. Not yet anyway.

Technogeek29
09-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Nice avatar:D

THGhost
09-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Nice avatar:D

Nice sig. :D

Vicky82
10-03-2016, 04:16 PM
This may be nothing but Greg Cipes still posts on his Instagram account when he's at Nickelodeons animation studio. So if he's still with Nick then there could be season 6, unless he's just hanging around there until season 5 finishes.

He is there today with Seth Green but I expect they are just getting ready to go to New York Comic Con.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLHFG7SjmCx/?taken-by=gregcipes

victory_angel
10-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Well depending on when the series does end be it season 5, season 6 or beyond. I can see it ending where the series began with the Turtles having their Mutation Day celebration. Only this time they would be surrounded by their honorary family, friends, loved ones, and such as they look forward to the new chapter in their lives as adults.

This leaves the story open for fan writers after all the Turtles don't stop being ninja just because they are no longer teenagers.

There is still plenty to work with.

Then if Nickelodeon wants to create a series that follows the Turtles in their twenties they can.

Prequel series following the Turtles as they are growing up. That can be titled- Mutant Ninja Turtles- in training

They can create a half-shelled Heroes cartoon series that's kind of in the same vein of muppet babies or baby loony toons. (for younger audiences of course)

Spin off following the group of Turtles that went into space without time constraints of them having to look for the black hole generator. Yeah, the Space Arc was a slog, but if actually given the chance to really world build the space setting without the added pressure of the fetch quest, that might actually prove more interesting.

CyberCubed
10-13-2016, 03:32 PM
I think the future of the show now largely depends on what Viacom/Nick plans to do with the franchise. The movies bombed so there's probably going to be nothing in theaters for a while, and if the show ends all they still have going is the IDW comic.

The IDW comic can't possibly make them much money (they have to share the profits with IDW, and each comic only sells roughly 20,000 copies more or less), so I don't know.

BubblyShell22
10-13-2016, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't say the IDW comic wouldn't make much money given how widely praised the comics are and how many people buy them every month. It's going to make a lot of money just because of that fact, and that's a really good thing if it continues. The show may end, but even if it does, fans still have the comics to read until a new show comes out.

Vicky82
10-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Greg posted this on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL9KyZOA7DG/

gregcipesthe #shingelo love Saga on @nickelodeontv @nickanimationstudio #TMNT series continues x💚🐢💚🐢💚 🐢💚x #Mikey and #Shinigami (@officialgwendolineyeo) sitting in a 🌲

" Series Continues" Does this mean we getting a season 6 and don't forget voice recordings for season 5 started October 19th last year so they could of started season 6 last week or today.

CyberCubed
10-24-2016, 02:01 PM
" Series Continues" Does this mean we getting a season 6 and don't forget voice recordings for season 5 started October 19th last year so they could of started season 6 last week or today.

Eh, just sounded like he was saying the series continues as in the rest of Season 4 is airing soon. That's why he specifically posted the video of Mikey and Shinigami (as their voices).

I mean you know I want at least 7 seasons more than anyone, but I don't think he meant that in that post.

Vicky82
10-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Eh, just sounded like he was saying the series continues as in the rest of Season 4 is airing soon. That's why he specifically posted the video of Mikey and Shinigami (as their voices).

I mean you know I want at least 7 seasons more than anyone, but I don't think he meant that in that post.

Yeah could be but they are at the Nick Animation studios wearing headsets.

Redworld96
10-24-2016, 02:56 PM
Greg posted this on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL9KyZOA7DG/

gregcipesthe #shingelo love Saga on @nickelodeontv @nickanimationstudio #TMNT series continues x���������� ����x #Mikey and #Shinigami (@officialgwendolineyeo) sitting in a ��

Well now that you have raised the issue, this tweet of Christian Lanz called my attention last week:

https://twitter.com/ChristianLanz/status/788472032329474048

"Turtle Tuesday at Nickelodeon Animation Studios. #TMNT #Xever #Fishface"

I guessed that season 5 would be the last, and the recordings with the actors would have finished, so seeing him in the NAS again gave me hope for a season 6 somehow

Vicky82
10-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Well now that you have raised the issue, this tweet of Christian Lanz called my attention last week:

https://twitter.com/ChristianLanz/status/788472032329474048

"Turtle Tuesday at Nickelodeon Animation Studios. #TMNT #Xever #Fishface"

I guessed that season 5 would be the last, and the recordings with the actors would have finished, so seeing him in the NAS again gave me hope for a season 6 somehow

Yeah I saw this too, at first I thought it could be a visit but they don't normally post visits on social media, only if they are working and Christian Lanz is probably one of those actors that does voice records a few episodes in one session. So it could be a voice recording session he did last week.

ToTheNines
10-24-2016, 03:21 PM
They could be doing ADR. Who knows?

Vicky82
10-24-2016, 03:36 PM
They could be doing ADR. Who knows?

Yeah could be, but when they finished voice recording season 5 they were still doing voice recordings afterwards for a couple of weeks, so that could have been ADR. They must have to do the ADR before they animate the episodes because if they do it between or after animating the episode, they would have to start again or if they keep it then it it wouldn't look right on tv, if there mouths don't match what they are saying.

It's the timing of it you see. Last year they started season 5 on October 19th, so if there is a season 6 then they probably started last week.

FredWolfLeonardo
10-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Regardless of whether it ends at seazson 5 or not, I wish they make season 5 26 episosdes instead of 20.

shredder orokusaki
10-25-2016, 01:42 AM
See? All of you who were afraid that season 5 will be the last? I was tellling you that it was not going to end so soon and it seems like i was right! This is their most profitable show and iam the most powerful villian in the world! They would be stupid to end my show at seaon 5.

WebLurker
10-25-2016, 11:44 AM
See? All of you who were afraid that season 5 will be the last? I was tellling you that it was not going to end so soon and it seems like i was right! This is their most profitable show and iam the most powerful villian in the world! They would be stupid to end my show at seaon 5.

I agree with the sentiment, although stupid decisions regarding franchises are extremely common, so I'm not cashing in my chips until the official announcement.

CyberCubed
10-25-2016, 12:31 PM
I want two more seasons. Even if they lower the episode count to 13 episodes.

Metalwolf
10-25-2016, 03:08 PM
When was the usual time (or even latest) that they announced a new season? It might give a clue as to whether or not a 6th season is coming.

PApagreg
10-25-2016, 03:13 PM
When was the usual time (or even latest) that they announced a new season? It might give a clue as to whether or not a 6th season is coming.

For the past 2 years during the Summer but the show got seasons 2 & 3 while the show was still on its first season

biganimefan
10-25-2016, 08:28 PM
the latest for a new season for the past couple years has been July. But since season 4 will be ending a lot later than the seasons before, I can see them waiting to announce season 6 for about 6 weeks still. Honestly though, by this point next year, I want either an announcement of a season 6 or a confirmation that season 5 will be the last. I'd even be fine with them having a hiatus for a whole year if season 6 takes another year to get confirmed

shredder orokusaki
10-26-2016, 03:43 AM
Season 4 will end n 5 weeks and 4 days from now. They might be waiting until then to announce it. Or announce it after the first episode of season 5 airs. Remeber when evryone thought season 5 of 2003 show was going to be the last? And it got 2 more seasons.

Leofan26
10-30-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm fine with it, I'd rather it end on a good note thanks. Heck, I wish the 4Kids series ended at this season too, look where that went when it went past season five.

Klunk1234
11-20-2016, 12:39 AM
Better quality than quantity. The 2003 series had 5 great seasons, but when they add 6 and 7, most people disliked Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. For me, it have had a couple of good episodes.

If the current show, ends at Season 5, I guess it will be for the best of the TMNT franchise; although I will miss the show and won't be a failure if it doesn't have more seasons that its predecessors.

Vicky82
11-21-2016, 03:11 PM
Sean Astin has tweeted that he's about to do some recording.

https://twitter.com/SeanAstin/status/800806570300841985

Sean Astin ‏@SeanAstin 5m
Heading in to record some Raphael right now. Thank you wise universe for allowing me to play with these magnificent artists!!!

Hopefully it's for season 6.

TMNTInsighter
11-21-2016, 03:13 PM
If it was Season 6, he would've either mentioned it or someone else would have already.

TMNTInsighter
11-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Season 4 will end n 5 weeks and 4 days from now. They might be waiting until then to announce it. Or announce it after the first episode of season 5 airs. Remeber when evryone thought season 5 of 2003 show was going to be the last? And it got 2 more seasons.

Those weren't exactly canon.

Vicky82
11-21-2016, 03:18 PM
If it was Season 6, he would've either mentioned it or someone else would have already.

Maybe Nick have told them to keep quiet about it or they are waiting for season 4 to finish so they can announce season 6.

Season 5 stuff did get leaked during voice recordings so maybe they don't want to make the same mistake with season 6.

TMNTInsighter
11-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Maybe Nick have told them to keep quiet about it or they are waiting for season 4 to finish so they can announce season 6.

Season 5 stuff did get leaked during voice recordings so maybe they don't want to make the same mistake with season 6.

I doubt Nickelodeon has learned their lesson. I've never understood Season 5 getting leaked from the get go seeing as how we weren't close to begin with, and then they kept giving us hiatuses including that inexcusable 112 day wait b/w ELS and CAW. If they really cared, they would have showed us just how many episodes they completed from the get go instead of dragging this out to no good point or purpose. If Sean Astin's tweet is with regards to Season 6, it's just further proof that Nickelodeon and their employees just don't care.
I said it before and I'll say it again, someone at Nickelodeon has to do something about this scheduling and promotions mess. Whether you're 7, 15, or 30, this is not acceptable as a viewer!

CyberCubed
11-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Those weren't exactly canon.

What the hell? Both Fast Forward and BTTS are canon. Why on earth would you think seasons that have continuity with what came before and are part of the same show aren't canon?

I know what you're going to say, so I hope this isn't the usual "I didn't like them so they're not canon" nonsense.

TMNTInsighter
11-22-2016, 06:55 AM
What the hell? Both Fast Forward and BTTS are canon. Why on earth would you think seasons that have continuity with what came before and are part of the same show aren't canon?

I know what you're going to say, so I hope this isn't the usual "I didn't like them so they're not canon" nonsense.

Man Cyber, it has become absolutely incredible how naive you are.

Those two seasons were built with new tones and new audiences in mind. They had nothing to do with the seasons that came before. They may have been keeping what had already been established in tact but no one would mistake those two seasons for the others (again refer back to my case about continuity in the Super Shredder discussion).

Those two seasons are about as canon as Gargoyles TGC was to Gargoyles: ZERO!

CyberCubed
11-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Those two seasons were built with new tones and new audiences in mind. They had nothing to do with the seasons that came before. They may have been keeping what had already been established in tact but no one would mistake those two seasons for the others (again refer back to my case about continuity in the Super Shredder discussion).

What on earth? You are utterly wrong. Not only did both seasons have direct continuity to what came before it, continued old stories and brought back old characters, they're considered part of the same show.

Why the hell are you bringing up Gargoygles? That was because Greg Weisman didn't work on the last season and denounced them. In the 4kids series they were all headed by Peter Laird and Lloyd Goldfine, the main staff didn't change, and are part of the same show. Even the episode numbering continued.

Where the hell is this, "they're not canon" thing come from? Everyone in the fandom considers them canon, even people who don't particularly like those seasons. You can't make up your own rules.

victory_angel
11-22-2016, 02:02 PM

Only the first episode of Gargoyles TGC was cannon.

neatoman
11-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Are we seriously having a "Dragon Ball GT isn't canon! Yes it is! Screw you it's not!" type conversation here about FastForward and Back to the Sewer? Weird, just like with GT, it seems like a really weird conversation to have the way I see it.

Usually when it comes to discussions like these, I always wonder why it even matters?

Powder
11-22-2016, 04:13 PM

Those two seasons were built with new tones and new audiences in mind. They had nothing to do with the seasons that came before.

There's no need to call him naive, he's right. They had cosmetic makeovers to sell toys & attract new fans, but they're very much the same show. Just like with the red sky seasons of the FW series, updated volumes of the Mirage comics, etc.

What on earth? You are utterly wrong. Not only did both seasons have direct continuity to what came before it, continued old stories and brought back old characters, they're considered part of the same show.

This. Try as you might, you can't argue fact.

ToTheNines
11-22-2016, 04:27 PM

Yeah, normally I'm ranting at cubed over his misunderstanding of the word "canon", but you're looking pretty silly right now.

Just because they switched up the tone means nothing. They're still hard canon with the previous seasons. You can believe whatever you want though.

TMNTInsighter
11-23-2016, 07:18 AM

So did TGC! Sorry but you, Powder, and Nines are 0 for 3. You're all wrong! :tlol:

P.S. Red Sky was indeed canon, the only thing that changed was the animation. It still wasn't a serious series. I know you can make an argument about some (and I mean only some) instances such as the permanent banishment of Shredder, Krang, and B&R to Dimension X but I would argue that Shredder and Krang ended up banished to Dimension X not only in S1 but other seasons as well.
FF and BttS changed in both animation AND tone! If you want to bring up that Goldfine and Laird were still involved in those series' I would argue that writers Lydia Marano, Cary Bates, and Adam Gilad (as well as the voice cast) remained on board for Gargoyles TGC and it's still not canon! Both borrowed from the same establishment of past seasons and they brought back old characters and events but that still does not make them canon and the biggest factor is the change in tone and not just animation.

ToTheNines
11-23-2016, 08:50 AM
That's still not what canon means.

City at War is canon with A Bull Wrinkle in Time. Completely different tones, but they still share the same continuity.

As for your dead horse of an argument for Gargoyles, Weisman himself says that TGC isn't canon. Goldfine wouldn't say the same for FF/BttS/Turtles Forever.

Dust
11-23-2016, 11:00 AM
TMNTInsigher, how does a change in tone make something not canon? Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The Harry Potter books change in tone as the stories go on, does that make the books before it non-canon? No. The current Transformers show is a sequel to the last one, but they are different in tone and animation, however it's still canon that they are connected.

ToTheNines
11-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Right. It's really not a subjective thing.

I think the phrase TMNTInsighter is looking for is "fanon" lol.

CyberCubed
11-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Not to mention the BTTS sewer is in Turtles Forever, not their Season 4/Season 5 lair.

Powder
11-23-2016, 02:15 PM
You can't argue with facts.

CyberCubed
11-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Given all the voice actors going back into to record voicework, I really do hope they got renewed but just haven't officially announced it yet. I don't see why Nick would end their biggest TMNT money maker so soon.

The movies bombed, and the profits they have to share with IDW is probably next to nothing, especially since IDW TMNT only sells 16,000-20,000 copies a month on average.

People fail to realize its not just the cartoon, all the branded merch will go down with it.

Vicky82
11-23-2016, 04:20 PM
If the voice actors are doing ADR and if season 5 is the last season, then they shouldn’t be tweeting/Instagraming it because it is getting peoples hopes up.

Thinking about it, as the last 4 episodes of season 4 wont be airing until January/Feburary 2017, then season 5 will probably start in March/April. So if there is a season 6 then it most likely be starting sometime in 2018. So Nickelodeon probably can't officially announce it yet until 2017.

I remember last year at New York Comic Con when season 5 was announced and they also announced the Space Arc stuff for season 4 but a lot of websites got confused and thought the Space Arc stuff was for season 5. Maybe Nick doesn't want a repeat of that again.

CyberCubed
11-23-2016, 04:44 PM
I can't think of anything else they would need to record voice work for, unless its for a videogame but even that is minor.

ToTheNines
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Isaac from the Turtle Power documentary has confirmed that season 5 is it.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/turtleflakes/episodes/2016-11-26T15_54_32-08_00

Vegita-San
11-26-2016, 07:37 PM
You know...

While I won't be celebrating the show ending like some people might..

I love the animation.
I love the music.
I love the reinvention of Bebop, Rocksteady and Slash.
I Love the voice cast...

I AM ready for something better to come along in a few years with a more cohesive vision.

- I won't miss the stupid horror elements and movie monster pop ups.
- I won't miss dropped plot lines and inconsistencies.
- I won't miss the super long breaks that make it impossible to gain any momentum.
-I won't miss every woman on the show needing to be a love interest for the turtles.
- I won't miss inbred mikey and his utter stupidity.

4Kids really spoiled me as to what a turtles show could be when someone truly cares to take charge with a vision.

I want to get back to more of that. leave Fred Wolf Behind. especially since most people don't know how to do it right without out right insulting it.

TigerClaw
11-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Isaac from the Turtle Power documentary has confirmed that season 5 is it.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/turtleflakes/episodes/2016-11-26T15_54_32-08_00
Where in the podcast does he mention about Season 5 being the last?

CyberCubed
11-26-2016, 07:42 PM

The TMNT franchise always has horror movie elements. 4kids had Notes of the Underground, Mirage had countless monster stories, the original cartoon had that episode Shredder brought black and white movie picture monsters to life, etc.

There aren't any dropped plotlines. How many times does this need to be said?

- I won't miss the super long breaks that make it impossible to gain any momentum.

This is the scheduling departments fault, nothing to do with the show. When the series is all over this won't be an issue when people can marathon through it.

-I won't miss every woman on the show needing to be a love interest for the turtles.

Other TMNT universes are just as guilty doing this with a lot of its female characters.

2k3 Mikey was barely any different after the first season.

I want to get back to more of that. leave Fred Wolf Behind. especially since most people don't know how to do it right without out right insulting it.

The Nick cartoon is barely anything like Fred Wolf besides using old characters, who they basically reinvent anyway.

Shark_Blade
11-26-2016, 08:03 PM
The horror elements especially Season 3 is the best thing in the entire series tbh. But my personal fave will always be Invasion of Squirrelanoids in Season 2. Props to Ciro and team for bringing edge and thrill to the franchise.

I can see a tmnt horror series ala Courage the Cowardly Dog tbh.

WebLurker
11-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear that it'll be ending at season 5 (although 5 years is a respectable run).

You know...

While I won't be celebrating the show ending like some people might..

I love the animation.
I love the music.
I love the reinvention of Bebop, Rocksteady and Slash.
I Love the voice cast...

I liked those things, too.

I AM ready for something better to come along in a few years with a more cohesive vision.

Fair enough, however:

]
While I wasn't crazy about the horror episodes, some of them were good and all of them at least felt organic to the show, IMHO.

I actually don't remember that many. Mutagen Man was the one dropped thing I specifically recall, but it didn't leave any plot holes.

Yeah, those were annoying, but it wasn't the show's fault itself and the episodes themselves were generally good, anyways.

Huh. That said, I did think most of the female characters they introduced where interesting ones in and of themselves.

Okay, going to have to disagree. This was the only version of Mikey I really liked (except for the 2007 movie version). Good voice acting, more range with the character, and some genuine laughs.

4Kids really spoiled me as to what a turtles show could be when someone truly cares to take charge with a vision.

Fair enough, although I've found the '03 cartoon to be the least watchable of the bunch. The characters (or at least acting) feel flat and stiff and the story arcs it did sometimes seem to overwhelm the characters.

I actually thought that the 2012 cartoon hit the sweet spot. It could do serious drama like '03 but also be funny and lively like '83, and in general did both better than either of the first two cartoons.

Well, the '83 cartoon really defined the franchise, so while I'm sure there's a place for something closer to the source material, such an adaptation would feel strange and incomplete to a lot of us. Also, I'd argue that the '12 cartoon handled the '83 cartoon just right, in terms of adapting from it and such.

TigerClaw
11-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Just listened to this podcast, the part where he talks about Season 5 being the last, Happens at the 57:38 mark.

NinjaMan
11-27-2016, 10:34 AM
New season 5 was it. Gonna miss this show. Daughter is gonna be sad to hear this. Shredder story is gonna end in season 4 just like I thought.

thundermaster612
11-27-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm gonna miss this show. I hope they make a reboot a few years after 2017. But I have to admit I am getting a little tired of it. But it's having a good run.

Coola Yagami
11-27-2016, 11:36 AM
It was fun for what it was. It had to end sometime so it wouldn't become stale. My only complaints were the dragged out space and Northampton segments. All the horror Eps just back to back felt like we were watching some tmnt horror spin off. They're fine in small doses like maybe one horror ep per season but back to back to back? No. Space for a whole season? No.

At least it sounds like season 5 is gonna end on a high note.

Vicky82
11-27-2016, 12:13 PM
It is a shame to hear it is ending but there still could be specials and maybe in a few years time there will be a new series.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Things....didn't have to be like this. Things didn't have to be this way.

Not like this.

https://img.pandawhale.com/86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

MrTMNT2012
11-27-2016, 12:57 PM
Good riddance.

I'm glad that at the end of the day, with Laird selling the franchise to Nickeldoeon, I did actually get the best possible thing I could have wanted for TMNT: to get Nick's veteran Avatar writers on it.

If even for just one season, I'm glad I witnessed that in my lifetime. :)

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Good riddance.

I'm glad that at the end of the day, with Laird selling the franchise to Nickeldoeon, I did actually get the best possible thing I could have wanted for TMNT: to get Nick's veteran Avatar writers on it.

If even for just one season, I'm glad I witnessed that in my lifetime. :)

Your loss then. Majority of the show is consistently good.

snake
11-27-2016, 01:19 PM
First season was good all the way through, and a well put together "Recommended Episodes" guide could boost my enjoyment when marathoning it.

Storm Eagle
11-27-2016, 02:00 PM
At least it sounds like season 5 is gonna end on a high note.

It had better.

The Happy One
11-27-2016, 02:10 PM
No doubt this show was great. Animation, voice acting, storytelling. But it would be pretty cool to go back to the 2d animation action series- maybe based primarily off of the idw series. Something a little more serious, a little more structured.

Still sad to see this one go. It did bring me a lot of laughs, shocks and good memories:D Who knows? Maybe they'll make something new...Turtles brings in a lot of cash.

TigerClaw
11-27-2016, 02:16 PM
With Season 5 being the last, Whoever works on the next reboot, Should really look at the IDW comics for the inspiration, There is so much stuff they can use as the source material.

WebLurker
11-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Things....didn't have to be like this. Things didn't have to be this way.

Not like this.

https://img.pandawhale.com/86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

http://www.comicbookherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/not-like-this-hawkeye.png

With Season 5 being the last, Whoever works on the next reboot, Should really look at the IDW comics for the inspiration, There is so much stuff they can use as the source material.

Maybe. Years down the line, I think it would be interesting to see new takes on stuff that the 2012 show added to the franchise (Tiger Claw, Fishface, Karai being related to Splinter/or the Hamatos, etc.)

TigerClaw
11-27-2016, 03:11 PM
http://www.comicbookherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/not-like-this-hawkeye.png

Maybe. Years down the line, I think it would be interesting to see new takes on stuff that the 2012 show added to the franchise (Tiger Claw, Fishface, Karai being related to Splinter/or the Hamatos, etc.)
I would like to see new takes on TigerClaw in IDW and so on.

plastroncafe
11-27-2016, 03:19 PM
I'll be sad to see this go. It's a cute little show with so much unrealized potential.

Sabacooza
11-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Keep that Nickelodeon crap as far away from IDW as possible.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Keep that Nickelodeon crap as far away from IDW as possible.

What is that supposed to mean? Viacom owns the entire franchise, Nick characters appearing in IDW can happen at any time. They already use many of the same characters anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if we do see Tiger Claw and Fishface in IDW proper eventually.

TMNTInsighter
11-27-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm back. :P

I would like to see new takes on TigerClaw in IDW and so on.

^This. He deserves it.

I'll be sad to see this go. It's a cute little show with so much unrealized potential.

^This too. It's a good series borderline great.

There aren't any dropped plotlines. How many times does this need to be said?

Until you give it up.

This is the scheduling departments fault, nothing to do with the show. When the series is all over this won't be an issue when people can marathon through it.

While that is true, this just goes to show that someone at Nickelodeon has got to do something about this. I used to be tolerant with these waits but there's only so much you can take before it gets out of control. A 112 day wait between episodes in a season (which was the case b/w ELS and CaW) is not acceptable, then we only get 5 before we go to another wait? I've said it before, it doesn't matter whether you're 7 years old, 15, or even 30, no viewer should have to go through that. This series got lucky in getting the number of seasons it wanted, but Nickelodeon can't expect to catch lightning in a bottle for long this way (and if they do, they're fools).

TigerClaw
11-27-2016, 03:59 PM
^This. He deserves it.
Of all the new characters that were created in the Nick series, TigerClaw is considered the best character in all of them, and I'm not saying cause its my name too, But he's a character whose a total bad ass, even if he's a villain.

MrTMNT2012
11-27-2016, 04:12 PM
Your loss then. Majority of the show is consistently good.

I'm glad you feel that way. :tsmile:

Keeping the brand alive!

I doubt his show will have the post-following as the 2003 series though. People were still talking about that series 3 years after it ended.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 04:14 PM
I doubt his show will have the post-following as the 2003 series though. People were still talking about that series 3 years after it ended.

You're out of your mind. Entire generations of kids grew up with this show as their first TMNT cartoon, as well as older fans who are watching it like us.

That literally consists of millions of people. If you think literally millions of people won't talk about one of the most exposed versions of TMNT for years to come, I don't know what to tell you.

No TMNT universe/series was ever forgotten. People still talk about Next Mutation of all things.

kelligrafie
11-27-2016, 04:42 PM
No TMNT universe/series was ever forgotten. People still talk about Next Mutation of all things.

Coming Out Of Their Shells. And that weird Mecha Robot Turtle thingy show from Japan was it? :lol:

I'm going to be gutted when the show ends. It's put so much genuine joy into my life. I don't really watch any other shows either so I'm not going to have anything to really look forward to.

shredder orokusaki
11-27-2016, 04:43 PM
That too bad. If it ends on season 5 it will be the least succesful tmnt show. Less episdoes than 1987 AND 2003 show?! I want to know what the reason that they want to end it so soon. Unless they are planning to make another new one in less than a year there is no reason to end it so soon.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
11-27-2016, 04:53 PM
Very sad news:tcry: I guess the question now is what's coming next and when?

Powder
11-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Coming Out Of Their Shells. And that weird Mecha Robot Turtle thingy show from Japan was it? :lol:

They do have their cult followings. I know a guy who cosplays COOTS Michelangelo at all the cons he attends, for example.

snake
11-27-2016, 05:51 PM
That too bad. If it ends on season 5 it will be the least succesful tmnt show. Less episdoes than 1987 AND 2003 show?! I want to know what the reason that they want to end it so soon. Unless they are planning to make another new one in less than a year there is no reason to end it so soon.

2003 is the least succesful. It left basically NO impact outside of people here.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Well that's not really true either, many of its characters are continually reused like Hun, Bishop, Angel...and it popularized Mirage concepts like the Shredder Clones, black Baxter Stockman as well as his cyborg look, human Foot, Elite Foot Soldiers, outside of the comics.

Technogeek29
11-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Well that's not really true either, many of its characters are continually reused like Hun, Bishop, Angel...and it popularized Mirage concepts like the Shredder Clones, black Baxter Stockman as well as his cyborg look, human Foot, Elite Foot Soldiers, outside of the comics.

You forgot Purple Dragons until 2k3 I didn't know who they were and they were made bigger in that version.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 07:00 PM
You forgot Purple Dragons until 2k3 I didn't know who they were and they were made bigger in that version.

Yeah, its easy to forget how many Mirage concepts/character were pretty obscure outside of the comics.

Hell, even Karai was practically unknown at the time outside of the comics besides people who played Tournament Fighters on SNES. 4kids also popularized the idea of Karai being Shredder's daughter or related to him, which has been re-used in Nick and IDW.

IronBoomer
11-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Honestly, after Ciro lost the opportunity to wrap up Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go (Disney axed that one on a massive cliffhanger), I can see the show ending after five, and you know what?
I'm okay with that.

G1 stretched on far longer than is should have with seasons 8-10, and I'd rather not peter out on forcing it out longer than it should have, but ending on a good note.

Nick's done limited run shows before (Avatar: The Last Airbender, for example) and those shows are better for it. Let this cartoon end, a few years pass and then we can catch up with the boys in their late 20s/early 30s having to be adults and dealing with a different world.

TigerClaw
11-27-2016, 07:27 PM
I hope they wrap up the Mutagen Man with Season 5, For too long we been wondering what happened to him, hope by the end of Season 5, Donnie finds a way to change him back to a human.

Coola Yagami
11-27-2016, 08:01 PM
I hope they wrap up the Mutagen Man with Season 5, For too long we been wondering what happened to him, hope by the end of Season 5, Donnie finds a way to change him back to a human.

I hope there's at least a throwaway line mentioning him but that might be too much to ask for this show.

Unworthy tinker
11-27-2016, 08:29 PM

I take it you got this from Cubed...

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 08:47 PM
I hope there's at least a throwaway line mentioning him but that might be too much to ask for this show.

And what makes you think that?

victory_angel
11-27-2016, 08:50 PM
And what makes you think that?

They did mention Mutagen Man when they were trying to help April fight Za-Noran.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 08:51 PM
They did mention Mutagen Man when they were trying to help April fight Za-Noran.

Which is exactly my point.

Coola Yagami
11-27-2016, 08:54 PM
The show still has lots of plot amnesia. And it'll continue to do so as long as they follow a 'if the episode isn't centered around someone they'll just vanish inexplicably even though they should still be there' mentality. Like Shinigami in the recent episodes.

I do like that they at least had Rahzar see his own cartoon show and remember who he was. That's something.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 09:02 PM
There is no plot amnesia.

MrTMNT2012
11-27-2016, 09:05 PM
There is no plot amnesia.

Are you Ciro Nieli or something?