PDA

View Full Version : Casey Jones the worst character?

picassotheninjaturtle
09-10-2016, 11:15 AM
It seems that no matter how grave the situation is, Casey always finds it "wicked" and "sick". I think he's the worst character.

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 11:20 AM
This thread needs to be locked.

TurtleTitan97
09-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Your account needs to be locked.

snake
09-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Nick Casey, to me is not Casey Jones. He's too annoying and is only there because Casey is such a popular character. The show has done NOTHING with him, and it sucks because Casey has such potential as a character.

Even if Mirage Casey was intended to be a parody of vigilantes, it's still a damn cool idea.

ToTheNines
09-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Your account needs to be locked.

It really does. I know you all think I'm an asshole to cubed, but when he acts like a dick head to newer members for no reason, it really hurts this place. It's unfair to the new people and it's unfair to the rest of us who might like more diversity to the discussions here... rather than hearing about 150 episodes for the millionth time, or his woody for that derpface Benoist.

Anyways, on topic. While they did a great job with CJ's design, the Nick version leaves something to be desired. On top of him being annoying, I miss him having an actual friendship with Raph. Also wish he was actually crazy, but that's never too late!

The Happy One
09-10-2016, 01:15 PM
I pretend that's just some other kid that follows them around. I can't think of him as Casey when, characteristically, he is nothing like Jones. At least in my opinion

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Nick Casey, to me is not Casey Jones. He's too annoying and is only there because Casey is such a popular character. The show has done NOTHING with him, and it sucks because Casey has such potential as a character.

Even if Mirage Casey was intended to be a parody of vigilantes, it's still a damn cool idea.

He's there simply because people expect him to be there, but as far as I can tell, they've done little to nothing with the character other than "extra in a hockey mask."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

snake
09-10-2016, 02:02 PM
He's there simply because people expect him to be there, but as far as I can tell, they've done little to nothing with the character other than "extra in a hockey mask."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep. Nick Casey doesn't even bond with Raph. What the f*ck, man?

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 03:17 PM
I pretend that's just some other kid that follows them around. I can't think of him as Casey when, characteristically, he is nothing like Jones. At least in my opinion

What does this mean? Casey's personality is always wildly different from incarnation.

Mirage = Starts off a maniac but then calms down and becomes a father

Fred Wolf = Complete maniac

4kids = Is a bit of a moron, becomes a bit of a joke and teddy bear although a good fighter

90's movies = Probably the most realistic interpetation of what Jones would be if he existed in real life

IDW = College kid trying to do right by his dad (who is Hun in that version)

Nick = High school kid who is metal

See, this is why I don't understand what you people want. You guys claim characters are not the same, when every version does something different.

BubblyShell22
09-10-2016, 04:22 PM
I don't think he's the worst character at all. I think he gets pretty annoying when he and Don are fighting over April, but other than that, I don't really have a problem with him. I do wish he would bond more with Raph though as others have said.

neatoman
09-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Is Casey the worst character? Depends on what category we're talking here.

As a main character? Maybe? He is kind of useless and, yes, the proclamations of "This so Metal" is kind of annoying. I find Mikey to be a little more annoying than him but it might have more to do with his prominence.

How he's handled compared to other versions of the character? Oh yeah, he's certainly the most mishandled iteration of the character I've seen outside of the FW cartoon. It's not as bad as growling "LAWBREAKER" and "I WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING" all the time but yeah, still a pretty poor version of the character. Without Gabe, or Shadow, or alcoholism, or an abusive father, or a deep rooted hatred for Hun, or the fear of becoming too violent, or a serious romance with April, or really anything backing up his anger/violence, what's left? Raph's buddy with sports equipment for weapons? That's kind of lame.

As the worst character in the show, period? Certainly not. This show has Pidgeon Pete, Mondo Gecko, Muckman, Napoleon Bonafrog, Bigfoot, that Sparrow guy etc. With a show that has this many characters you're bound to get some really awful ones. I mean seriously, Pete was literally just "I WANT BREAD, GIVE ME BREAD!" how can anything be more annoying than that?

snake
09-10-2016, 06:18 PM
OT Casey was hilarious though. I want psycho Casey back :lol:

Jephael
09-10-2016, 06:36 PM
I remember before they premiered his character I stated that I would've liked to see him as a middle aged widower with an adopted baby daughter (Shadow) who befriends the group or something to that effect. I feel like that would've made for an interesting plot device. Of course then he wouldn't have been able to be in a relationship with April for obvious reasons and Donatello wouldn't get all jealous and petulant all the time.

Autbot_Benz
09-10-2016, 06:46 PM
nah this casey isn't the worst character. you want a bad not Casey go watch Stephen Amell's Not Casey it was really bad

snake
09-10-2016, 06:52 PM
nah this casey isn't the worst character. you want a bad not Casey go watch Stephen Amell's Not Casey it was really bad

Ew, yeah. I was so f*cking disapointed when I realized the hockey mask was basically a glorified cameo.

Autbot_Benz
09-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Ew, yeah. I was so f*cking disapointed when I realized the hockey mask was basically a glorified cameo.

Elias Koteas's Hockey Mask had more screen time than Amell's

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 07:02 PM

Gospel truth.

PApagreg
09-10-2016, 07:06 PM
What does this mean? Casey's personality is always wildly different from incarnation.

4kids = Is a bit of a moron, becomes a bit of a joke and teddy bear although a good fighter

90's movies = Probably the most realistic interpetation of what Jones would be if he existed in real life

See, this is why I don't understand what you people want. You guys claim characters are not the same, when every version does something different.

Pretty much IDW,Mirage, and 4kids have the same personalities goof moron who fights crime because his family was either attacked or he had a bad childhood.

As for the Nick Casey he sucks baaaaaaaadd, we don't know anything about his homelife or background he is just some random kid who gets a set of sports equipment and just somehows just whacks a bunch of footbots. Not saying the 4kids Casey is perfect but at least we understand his motivation and had more of a relationship with the hamato clan then being a love rival towards Don

lonewarrior20
09-10-2016, 07:42 PM
i kinda felt like he hit a new low in the insect trifecta episode when he sounded like a toy commercial for the grapple packs.

Powder
09-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Pretty much IDW,Mirage, and 4kids have the same personalities goof moron who fights crime because his family was either attacked or he had a bad childhood.

Nonsense. He's not a goof/moron in Mirage or IDW. They're as similar to one another as the turtles are across each iteration, in that it's the same formula, but there are plenty of personality differences.

Have you even read the comics? Anyone who's well-versed knows this.

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 07:59 PM
People really don't know much about TMNT it seems outside a few of us hardcore fans.

Also this Casey is a 16 year old kid. What do you expect him to be?

snake
09-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Just because he's 16 doesn't mean he can't be enjoyable to watch.

Aged up Casey is the way to go, though. 18-24 year old is the sweet spot.

Powder
09-10-2016, 08:10 PM
People really don't know much about TMNT it seems outside a few of us hardcore fans.

Which would be fine if they didn't spout off about things they clearly know nothing of.

Coola Yagami
09-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Definitely the worst, most annoying character of the show, as well as worst version of Casey ever. And worse of all, he's one of the main characters so we have to put up with his 'omg this is so metal despite all the horrible **** that happened to us and will happen to us, but who cares cause this is so metal!' almost every single episode.

I just see him as an extra fighter when its time to fight... but even then he's usually the weak **** that gets taken down first or needs help. Even Raph got sick of his 'this is so metal' in one of the eps.

Just... agggh... get rid of him. They just made him a kid to be love triangle material, but he shoulda just been older. Or at least a kid, but not a kid that's bordeline as annoying as the Pulverizer. In fact, Casey is kinda like Pulverizer except he has the hots for April and can actually fight. Sorta.

PApagreg
09-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Just because he's 16 doesn't mean he can't be enjoyable to watch.

Aged up Casey is the way to go, though. 18-24 year old is the sweet spot.

Actually Casey is 18

CyberCubed
09-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Definitely the worst, most annoying character of the show, as well as worst version of Casey ever. And worse of all, he's one of the main characters so we have to put up with his 'omg this is so metal despite all the horrible **** that happened to us and will happen to us, but who cares cause this is so metal!' almost every single episode.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

I expected better from you, Coola.

Coola Yagami
09-10-2016, 08:29 PM

Nope. Casey Jones warrants a quadruple facepalm, and then even double of that towards whoever at Nick thought that portrayal was a good idea.

And he's 18??? MY GOD!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-10-2016, 08:29 PM

:tlol: I keep forgetting Cubed is a fellow Trekkie.

Must be why I can't stay mad at him!!!

Papenbrook
09-10-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't think Casey Jones should have been included in the current cartoon. He contributes next to nothing.

PApagreg
09-10-2016, 09:43 PM
I don't think Casey Jones should have been included in the current cartoon. He contributes next to nothing.

Honestly I could see a teen Casey Jones being included well into the Nick TMNT verse just make him be in a foster home who is more or less the big brother to his foster siblings and see it as his duty to protect them but also have some fun cracking skulls hell not only Casey blood knight tendencies in common with Raph but also the status of a guardian

Papenbrook
09-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Honestly I could see a teen Casey Jones being included well into the Nick TMNT verse just make him be in a foster home who is more or less the big brother to his foster siblings and see it as his duty to protect them but also have some fun cracking skulls hell not only Casey blood knight tendencies in common with Raph but also the status of a guardian

You mean like Knuckles the echidna?

NikitaZhukov
09-10-2016, 09:58 PM
I think he just needs a serious storyline that helps his character development. That's the only chance for him to become a fan favorite.

PApagreg
09-10-2016, 09:59 PM
You mean like Knuckles the echidna?

Sure why not cause as we all know Knuckles belongs in a foster family

Chris
09-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Personally I don't really like Nick Casey, I think he started off ok but has become really one note recently and just seems to be there because he's Casey Jones. He's not the worst character in the show but definitely the worst/weakest of the major characters to me.

The Happy One
09-11-2016, 12:30 PM

Well you've got a point there. Casey's background does vary in different incarnations.

Perhaps I should have just skipped that statement and went straight to: this interpretation of Casey is the most godawful version yet- despite his varying personality types in the several incarnations.

That probably sounds better.

well...probably tied with 2016 Casey...he kinda let me down

Ceres
09-11-2016, 03:17 PM
He comes very close to second place of worst character in the 2k12 cartoon, number one is still Mary-Sue O`Neill.

This versions Casey is boring as hell, annoying to no end and what is even worse, he is basically just there for the love triangle between April, Donatello and himself.

GoldMutant
09-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Although he's got a slick design, some good episodes (Good, Bad, and Casey Jones as well as CJ vs the Underworld), and Josh Peck does his best with the material he has, this version of Casey seems to take a lot missteps.

Mostly just an irritating jock who's over his head, serves next to no purpose in most of his appearances (exceptions are the above two mentioned, Wyrm, and Newtrailized), and has no identity. It's far from what I think of when discussing Casey Jones; I think of the struggling everyman, a guy who wants to fight off crime, and though hotheaded, he has a compassionate heart to those he cares for. For the most part, he's just there.

CyberCubed
09-11-2016, 04:38 PM
I quite liked him in today's Wingnut episode. Don't see the problem at all.

Coola Yagami
09-12-2016, 08:45 AM
I quite liked him in today's Wingnut episode. Don't see the problem at all.

Just because you don't see the problem it doesn't mean it's not there.

Sorry dude. I try to be nice to everyone but I'm kinda sick of your 'my opinion is indisputable fact' attitude. That you like or dislike something doesn't make you right or wrong but it doesn't make others that don't share your views right or wrong either.

ssjup81
09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
For me, personally, I neither like nor dislike Casey, but he does more things that I like than dislike, if that makes sense. I mean, he's a good friend and willing to fight for and with his friends, even if he does come off as a bit immature at times. There are times where he may say or do things that bother me, like the space arc. I didn't care for how gung ho he was and how rare it was for him to think about what happened to the earth. Like I said at the end of last season, it felt like they were dangling keys in front of his face to distract him from what had just happened...although, in the first ep of this season, he did look as down as the others...so yeah.

Anyway, that's my main issue with Casey's character. I like his voice and stuff, though...but he does say some stupid things every once in a while. The ep that just aired was a decent ep for Casey. I would like for them to do more like that, but I still wish they'd mention something about his family. He became a vigilante for the sake of protecting his sister and father.

plastroncafe
09-12-2016, 01:26 PM
I hold Nick!Casey in higher esteem than Nick!Mike.

ssjup81
09-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I hold Nick!Casey in higher esteem than Nick!Mike.For me, I can't hold one higher than the other. lol But, I do like Nick Mikey...as long as he's not acting like his season 1 self.

CyberCubed
09-12-2016, 03:09 PM
You people just don't know what you want.

snake
09-12-2016, 03:51 PM

Take a shower
Hit the weights
Get a clue

ToTheNines
09-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Nick Casey is dumb
Cubed is the worst fanboy here
This thread should be locked

-ToTheNines

plastroncafe
09-12-2016, 04:19 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/6cd06067bfb43796a6fa522a1e22b381/tumblr_nnzizsnOkU1qgzs6bo1_500.gif

Technogeek29
09-12-2016, 05:01 PM
If I had a choice? I'll take him I hated OOTS Casey for barely being a Character who like I predicted he would be, is just a Hockey stick fighter the same problem I have with Nick. When was the last time you saw Casey use a Golf Club? Heck a Bat?

The Deadman
09-13-2016, 10:32 AM

What do you mean "you people"?!

Coola Yagami
09-13-2016, 02:40 PM

A Casey with less stupid dialogue and that actually helps out in battle. Other than his first episode, he's a waste of space just for the sake of the love triangle. They even forgot the Raph-Casey buddy dynamic except for once in a great while.

Ninturtle
09-13-2016, 02:46 PM
Why do you guys take Cubed seriously? He's obviously screwing with you.

PApagreg
09-13-2016, 04:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/P2mq6B0.gif

myconius
09-13-2016, 04:36 PM
i just take the show for what it is, a cartoon aimed at kids to sell toys that occasionally has amusing moments for adult fans as well.

PApagreg
09-13-2016, 04:41 PM
i just take the show for what it is, a cartoon aimed at kids to sell toys that occasionally has amusing moments for adult fans as well.

But can't we ask for more, I mean I'm not saying ATLA or Spec Spiderman levels of writing but is it too much to ask for something consistent and a little bit experimental and daring. I this point I would be satisfied with Batman The brave and the bold levels of writing(Don't get me wrong I love the show but the writing isn't really amazing just good)

Coola Yagami
09-13-2016, 07:10 PM
But can't we ask for more, I mean I'm not saying ATLA or Spec Spiderman levels of writing but is it too much to ask for something consistent and a little bit experimental and daring. I this point I would be satisfied with Batman The brave and the bold levels of writing(Don't get me wrong I love the show but the writing isn't really amazing just good)

And yet both spectacular spiderman and avatar were both shows aimed at kids. So yeah.... the writers need to either step up or stop raising the stakes so high if the characters aren't going to at least pretend to be affected.

Konchadunga
09-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Casey's alright. Not great, but just about everything the OP said about him can be applied to Mondo Gecko, and I find MG to be substantially more obnoxious, and less useful, too.

VaughnMichael
09-20-2016, 12:36 PM
I'd love to see him get mutated.

Vegita-San
09-20-2016, 01:26 PM
just about ever character other than splinter, karai, shredder and donny is pretty goofy in this series, but Casey seems to be there for the stupid love triangle angle and isn't useful for much else.

Even 4Kids casey improved enough to be able to learn some ninjitsu and take on kahn pretty evenly.

this show isn't focused so much on usefulness as it is stupid humor and annoying characters.

Mondo Gecko has to be the second most worthless character. even pigeon pete could fly at least ;o)

CyberCubed
09-20-2016, 02:16 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d1/d12b29a084c245ff9f1b3b41f5c53512355cce6d508d14fab6 fe68281309f5e9.jpg

ABrown
09-20-2016, 02:48 PM
I don't necessarily love the Nick cartoon version of Casey, but he's alright I guess. Whatever happened with him and April? Weren't they dating? What ever happened with that?

PApagreg
09-20-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't necessarily love the Nick cartoon version of Casey, but he's alright I guess. Whatever happened with him and April? Weren't they dating? What ever happened with that?

You're asking this series to be competent in writing if there is a plot point its either halted or dropped also are you still on Toonzone

Vegita-San
09-20-2016, 04:47 PM
You're asking this series to be competent in writing if there is a plot point its either halted or dropped

perhaps my biggest complaint about this series.

the only plot line to be started and finished in completion is the space arc. maybe one reason why i liked it so much compared to the rest of the shows random nature.

Technogeek29
09-20-2016, 08:08 PM
So Casey's little sister...We just gonna drop that plot point or is that eventually going to actually matter other than a info dump?

snake
09-20-2016, 08:12 PM
So Casey's little sister...We just gonna drop that plot point or is that eventually going to actually matter other than a info dump?

That's not a plot point, though.

Technogeek29
09-20-2016, 08:14 PM
That's not a plot point, though.

You're right just couldn't think of a better name for it at the moment.

PApagreg
09-20-2016, 08:16 PM
You're right just couldn't think of a better name for it at the moment.

A big aspect to his character seriously 2 seasons later and we never seen his sister or dad and seeing how he never mentioned a mom must have some sort of potential hell maybe they could've went the IDW route and have his dad abusive

snake
09-20-2016, 08:32 PM
None of that stuff is important. If the writers wanted it to be important, they'd have brought it up already.

Powder
09-20-2016, 08:33 PM
...Who cares? Casey's family has never really been a big thing. They're not needed.

None of that stuff is important. If the writers wanted it to be important, they'd have brought it up already.

Yeah, seriously.

TurtleGuy
09-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Then why even mention them at all?

snake
09-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Then why even mention them at all?

Why the f*ck not? It makes the world feel more populated. Do you get upset when watching Star Wars because you don't get to see every pilot that calls in during the trench run scene?

TurtleGuy
09-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Why the f*ck not? It makes the world feel more populated. Do you get upset when watching Star Wars because you don't get to see every pilot that calls in during the trench run scene?

This isn't the same as a bunch of random unimportant throwaway characters. His love little sister was one of the reasons for becoming a vigilante in the first place, so she obviously sounds like someone very important to him. Her appearing and him showing his protective big-brother side for her could add some much needed dimension to his character.

Technogeek29
09-20-2016, 09:20 PM
...Who cares? Casey's family has never really been a big thing. They're not needed.

Yeah, seriously.

I jut saw it as something to be played with, although you're right it doesn't need a whole episode of focus like I'm making it sound. Cameo's would suffice.

PApagreg
09-20-2016, 09:26 PM

No it doesn't, mentioning something doesn't make the world feel more populated it makes it feel more empty also there is a difference between a supporting character and background character

Shark_Blade
09-21-2016, 05:49 AM
I think Timothy is the worst, but thankfully he's dead now.

Casey... yeah he's kinda annoying. I like him better in IDW.

Coola Yagami
09-22-2016, 08:16 PM
No it doesn't, mentioning something doesn't make the world feel more populated it makes it feel more empty also there is a difference between a supporting character and background character

Exactly, it's a stupid throwaway line that they shouldn't have wasted time on. Then to say she's the reason he's a vigilantee? No, just no. It's almost like Batman's parents, having Bruce mention them but us never and I mean never EVER seeing any flashback about them, not even their infamous death scene. Just a random 'oh, the death of my parents inspired me to dress like a bat' and that's it, no further explanation.

At the very least there should be some scene with Casey embracing his family after they saved the world and turned it back to normal after it frickin BLEW UP, but naw, of course they wouldn't do that.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Also I just realized something for a series where missing moms are a thing you think we would get in on what happened to Casey's mom I'm not saying make it a plot point but I don't know maybe she died of cancer or something.

Aaronardo
09-23-2016, 11:14 AM

Being the very people that made Casey want to become a vigilante, I'd say they're pretty important. Yet I don't think we've ever even seen their faces.

Powder
09-23-2016, 03:22 PM
I really don't understand why people get so hung up on backstory & little details surrounding it. You kids of the fan-fic age want everything to be stupidly in-depth, it's just not necessary. TMNT has always been a very "in the moment" series & it will probably continue to be that way for a while.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 03:40 PM
I really don't understand why people get so hung up on backstory & little details surrounding it. You kids of the fan-fic age want everything to be stupidly in-depth, it's just not necessary. TMNT has always been a very "in the moment" series & it will probably continue to be that way for a while.

The 2k3 series had flashbacks to Casey's dad and we even see his mom and his uncle don't blame us just because the writers here are incompetent at what they do also if wanting see the family of the a character who took up being a vigilante because he wants to protect his sister is considered "stupidly in depth", never watch anything with Batman or Spiderman

Coola Yagami
09-23-2016, 04:35 PM

Then don't have him mention a sister at all, least of all make her the reason to be a vigilante. It's not stupidly in depth. It's just wanting an actual character and not just a walking toy ad.

Ninjinister
09-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Then don't have him mention a sister at all, least of all make her the reason to be a vigilante. It's not stupidly in depth. It's just wanting an actual character and not just a walking toy ad.

That's ridiculous. It has potential to flesh out a character in more than just two dimensions. Rocksteady mentioned having a brother and The Finger has a cousin and nobody's bitching about them. It gives them a background as more than just what we see on the show. We have an idea of what their life is like when they're not "on camera". Same with mentioning a hobby or job that isn't shown during the run of the show... it gives is a bit more of a window into their world. I don't think there's any piece of media that runs for some time that doesn't do this.

However, what I do have a problem with Casey with - and this is what actually started to sour him in my eyes, and his reaction to things after this continued it - is at the end of Annihilation Earth, after everyone he knows is dead except for the five right next to him - including his family in which he's been worried about before - and the entire planet has been destroyed, his only reaction is to be excited about being in space. It honestly reminds me of Mikey skateboarding around the lair and running into the others and breaking things while laughing, immediately after they thought Splinter had been killed in Back to the Sewer. Michelangelo is a complete idiot through most of this series, but anything he's done to hinder others here has been out of ineptitude, not dickishness. Casey follows suit in that especially since they got to space, things become his fault not because he doesn't know better, but because he doesn't want to do what he should be doing in the first place.

ssjup81
09-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Rocksteady's mother also wears "the combat boots". I'm going to assume that Mrs. Steranko is a tough lady.:lol:

That aside, Casey is a supporting main character. I don't even need to see his sister or father, but it would help if the character himself acknowledged them. I was expecting that after the Space Arc and after North Hampton. Either the writers forgot about his family or that they're going to do something later.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 06:37 PM
That's ridiculous. It has potential to flesh out a character in more than just two dimensions. Rocksteady mentioned having a brother and The Finger has a cousin and nobody's bitching about them. It gives them a background as more than just what we see on the show. We have an idea of what their life is like when they're not "on camera". Same with mentioning a hobby or job that isn't shown during the run of the show... it gives is a bit more of a window into their world. I don't think there's any piece of media that runs for some time that doesn't do this.

Okay the difference is that no one remembers The Finger and you can count the number of appearance rocksteady has with one hand, Casey meanwhile the guy who says his little sister made him be a vigilante just because he wants to keep his little we haven't seen said little sister and the dude has more appearances than Karai at this point. Also like I said before mentioning them not only doesn't improve the worldbuilding it also makes it worse "Show don't tell" its writing 101

Imagine if we never had any sign or clue Cyborg from Teen Titans was an athlete or we were only told Raven was bookish.

Or even if were told that the Earth Kingdom is good at sending packages and we never got to see it, or during Steven Universe Steven mentions Beach city numerous of times but we never see the citzens. Hell even in Gravity Falls we Robbie a guy who only appeared in 6 episodes at most family. Hell even in Ultimate Spiderman we saw Spidy's teemates family and background

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Okay the difference is that no one remembers The Finger and you can count the number of appearance rocksteady has with one hand

I guess it depends on how many fingers you have, but Rocksteady has appeared in at least 10 episodes (plus 2 pre-mutation). If it weren't for Casey going on the space trip, they'd be fairly close in number of appearances.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 07:01 PM
I guess it depends on how many fingers you have, but Rocksteady has appeared in at least 10 episodes (plus 2 pre-mutation). If it weren't for Casey going on the space trip, they'd be fairly close in number of appearances.

I'm counting Rocksteady so no Ivan

Ninjinister
09-23-2016, 07:09 PM
Okay the difference is that no one remembers The Finger and you can count the number of appearance rocksteady has with one hand, Casey meanwhile the guy who says his little sister made him be a vigilante just because he wants to keep his little we haven't seen said little sister and the dude has more appearances than Karai at this point. Also like I said before mentioning them not only doesn't improve the worldbuilding it also makes it worse "Show don't tell" its writing 101

You can't take what some failed novelist hack in a classsroom takes as law. Imagine if this were in the real world; if your friend mentioned his sister did something, would your instant response be to question if you got to meet her? And if you did and he said no, would you get huffy and ask why he even brought her up if you were not going to meet her? No, that's stupid. Why would you expect that from a TV show then? Just like your friend, we're supposed to assume that these folks have lives outside of when you see them, and they aren't always going to intersect with what you see every week.

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm counting Rocksteady so no Ivan

Still at least 10... that's a lotta fingers.

Coola Yagami
09-23-2016, 07:34 PM
You can't take what some failed novelist hack in a classsroom takes as law. Imagine if this were in the real world; if your friend mentioned his sister did something, would your instant response be to question if you got to meet her? And if you did and he said no, would you get huffy and ask why he even brought her up if you were not going to meet her? No, that's stupid. Why would you expect that from a TV show then? Just like your friend, we're supposed to assume that these folks have lives outside of when you see them, and they aren't always going to intersect with what you see every week.

Not necessarily, but if the world blew up and somehow you and your friend survived and he's 100% nonchalant about it, you'd eventually ask "Um... didn't you have a sister or something?" if he continues to ask as if he didn't lose anyone he cared about.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 08:03 PM

The guy who is considered as one of the best short story writers isn't a "hack in the classroom", "show don't tell" is considered a technique that gives your story more weight and meat also I'm not talking about real life I'm talking about fiction and if you introduce a character who appears at least half of the series excluding the season he wasn't introduce who pretty much says the reason he fights crime is because of his family and we don't see his family 2 seasons after he was introduce then I'm going have to call bad writing

Coola Yagami
09-23-2016, 08:08 PM
The guy who is considered as one of the best short story writers isn't a "hack in the classroom", "show don't tell" is considered a technique that gives your story more weight and meat also I'm not talking about real life I'm talking about fiction and if you introduce a character who appears at least half of the series excluding the season he wasn't introduce who pretty much says the reason he fights crime is because of his family and we don't see his family 2 seasons after he was introduce then I'm going have to call bad writing

Like I said, like Batman but without ever and I mean NEVER EVER showing his parents, not flashbacks or otherwise.

Either make the sister a throwaway line... and don't make her as important as the one that helped inspired Casey to do what he's best known for.... or don't blow up the whole friggin planet and make him pretend she doesn't exist.

If anything, Casey should be more driven. Wasn't his purpose to make sure people like his sister and April never got hurt and that he would be able to protect them? His family is dead. Time to step up with helping find the black hole generator and leave the goofy comic relief nonsense at the door.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Like I said, like Batman but without ever and I mean NEVER EVER showing his parents, not flashbacks or otherwise.

Either make the sister a throwaway line... and don't make her as important as the one that helped inspired Casey to do what he's best known for.... or don't blow up the whole friggin planet and make him pretend she doesn't exist.

If anything, Casey should be more driven. Wasn't his purpose to make sure people like his sister and April never got hurt and that he would be able to protect them? His family is dead. Time to step up with helping find the black hole generator and leave the goofy comic relief nonsense at the door.

At this point I would be happy to see what she looks like

https://65.media.tumblr.com/3dc379ef058c8e83c741286056e2fb57/tumblr_o66yrysPH91qerhwio1_1280.jpg

Powder
09-23-2016, 08:13 PM
The 2k3 series had-

don't blame us just because the writers here are incompetent at what they do

Oh, are you one of those?

& you not liking the way someone does a thing does not mean they're incompetent.

:trolleye:

That's ridiculous.

I agree with everything you said from this post onward. Their posts, on the other hand, have made it clear there's no point in wasting our time. #donezo

Coola Yagami
09-23-2016, 08:30 PM
See ya.

And come now, you know this show is chock-full of bad writing here and there, plot-amnesia being the worst offender.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Oh, are you one of those?

& you not liking the way someone does a thing does not mean they're incompetent.

So its okay for you to say that the TMNT franchise are "in the now" but when I mention incarnations that show the backstories of other characters apparently "I'm one of those people"

Also when you introduce a character who appears in numerous of episodes hell even rivaling the mentor in the number of episodes he appears in and whose motivation to fight crime is to protect his family and said family doesn't appear then how is that anything but incompetent writing. How is dropping plot points and having the characters have Aesop amnesia not an example of bad or incompetent writing.

Ninjinister
09-23-2016, 09:46 PM

Yeah I was out of line with the hack bit. Just because every writing teacher I've met has been someone who couldn't cut it doesn't mean every one is. I will defend against "show don't tell" though because it's not applicable in every instance. Not every rule applies and I've known of plenty of "made it" writers who aren't fond of the rule anyway.

(Who is this you speak of by the way? As far as I know it's attributed to Chekov but there isn't any evidence he used a phrasing such as this).

Also, saying that "this is fiction, not real life" only works in examples in which it... well... doesn't apply. This does. I drew a parallel and saying "lol no" doesn't dismiss what I said.

PApagreg
09-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Yeah I was out of line with the hack bit. Just because every writing teacher I've met has been someone who couldn't cut it doesn't mean every one is. I will defend against "show don't tell" though because it's not applicable in every instance. Not every rule applies and I've known of plenty of "made it" writers who aren't fond of the rule anyway.

(Who is this you speak of by the way? As far as I know it's attributed to Chekov but there isn't any evidence he used a phrasing such as this).

Also, saying that "this is fiction, not real life" only works in examples in which it... well... doesn't apply. This does. I drew a parallel and saying "lol no" doesn't dismiss what I said.

Name 6 writers and series that are critically acclaimed and have a tell don't show vibe going for them.

Also Chekov did more or less create the term

The problem with your example is that the friend in your scenario only mentioned his sister if the friend said "I want to become a dentist to help my sister" and not only you never met her but the friend never brings it up I personally would't get huffy but I would be weirded out

victory_angel
09-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Rocksteady's mother also wears "the combat boots". I'm going to assume that Mrs. Steranko is a tough lady.:lol:

That aside, Casey is a supporting main character. I don't even need to see his sister or father, but it would help if the character himself acknowledged them. I was expecting that after the Space Arc and after North Hampton. Either the writers forgot about his family or that they're going to do something later.

Rocksteady also mentioned having a brother named Batok. Which is something that hasn't existed in other versions.

The OT Stockman had a Twin Brother named Barney, and 2k3 his mother died trying to provide a good life for him.

The series isn't over yet so there is still a chance for Casey's family to appear or April's mother (if she exists), or her unseen Aunt, so on. If they are deemed important enough to introduce into the show. Otherwise, they are just some names or plausible characters that fanfic writers or whoever writes the next incarnation of TMNT to use.

Name 6 writers and series that are critically acclaimed and have a tell don't show vibe going for them.

Also Chekov did more or less create the term

The problem with your example is that the friend in your scenario only mentioned his sister if the friend said "I want to become a dentist to help my sister" and not only you never met her but the friend never brings it up I personally would't get huffy but I would be weirded out

Chekhov is also where we get the terms Chekhov's gun along with other tropes such as Chekhov's boomerang.

Which means something that seems minor at first may turn out to be important later.

In other words if a gun is introduced in the first act, it goes off sometime in the third act.

BubblyShell22
09-24-2016, 06:56 AM
I was just going to bring up April's aunt actually. We haven't seen her either, but everyone's complaining about Casey's dad and sister. The way I see it is that they are background characters and aren't even that important to show unless a situation calls for it. And we haven't really seen April's dad since they got back either. I'm not bothered by it. While we did see flashback's of Casey's dad in the 2K3 series, that was all we got and everyone was fine with that. Why can't you just accept that these characters just aren't important at the time and deal with it?

PApagreg
09-24-2016, 01:40 PM
I was just going to bring up April's aunt actually. We haven't seen her either, but everyone's complaining about Casey's dad and sister.

Okay the difference between April's aunt(or any other character's family) and Casey's family for the hundreth time is that Casey's motivation is to protect his family meanwhile he only mentioned his family like 2 time at most and he wasn't really bothered by his family blown up. Though it is kinda strange how we never saw April's aunt considering she has been taking care of her for season 1 and never saw her reaction when April dispersed

The way I see it is that they are background characters and aren't even that important to show unless a situation calls for it. And we haven't really seen April's dad since they got back either.

Well thats just bad writing, a good writer would have Casey mention his family numerous of times or at least gave us a peek of what his homelife is a good writer would also show what April's dad reaction to his daughter going off at nights, its called worldbuilding.

I'm not bothered by it. While we did see flashback's of Casey's dad in the 2K3 series, that was all we got and everyone was fine with that. Why can't you just accept that these characters just aren't important at the time and deal with it?

You're right we got a numerous of mentions and flashback and people back then was satisfied with that so maybe we are being whiny I mean we have Casey mentioning his sister and oh wait we don't know what she looks like or what her name is and like I said before at most Casey mentioned her 2 times meanwhile the 2k3 series where Casey appeared much less compared to this counterpart we not only see flashbacks to Casey's father but his mother and his uncle thats why we can't deal with it because its shoddy writing.

BubblyShell22
09-24-2016, 02:15 PM
But why would any of that matter? At the end of the day, this show is about the TMNT and though Casey and April are allies of the TMNT, that doesn't mean we have to see every aspect of their lives. The only aspects of April's family we saw in 2K3 was her uncle and her sister for a brief time and nothing else. We never saw her dad or her mom either. It's not shoddy writing at all if you don't show something all of the time. It's about what's important to the story as it's being told.

Technogeek29
09-24-2016, 03:03 PM
Oh dear

https://diapersanddivinity.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/open-a-can-of-worms.jpg

Coola Yagami
09-24-2016, 03:07 PM
But why would any of that matter? At the end of the day, this show is about the TMNT and though Casey and April are allies of the TMNT, that doesn't mean we have to see every aspect of their lives. The only aspects of April's family we saw in 2K3 was her uncle and her sister for a brief time and nothing else. We never saw her dad or her mom either. It's not shoddy writing at all if you don't show something all of the time. It's about what's important to the story as it's being told.

The world never blew up in 2K3 TMNT though. We never even knew if April's parents were still alive or not, but I'm sure even 2K3 would have remembered to have April worry about her sister.

I think everyone's making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. Fact of the matter was, Casey's family is dead and it's like he doesn't even care. He said he wanted to become a vigilante so he could protect his sister... now she and everyone else he wanted to protect are dead but who cares right? Yes, I know there was little he could do but he was there during the battle with the Triceratons, there's still that moment of 'if only I was stronger' or 'if only I did this or that differently' that he would blame himself for. All avoided if he just wanted to fight crime because he feels somebody has to, or at least to protect April. If you're not gonna show a character, don't make them important to the character.

Again, it's like the Turtles once off handedly said 'oh yeah, this guy named Splinter taught us martial arts' and we never ever see him in the entire series, not even flashbacks or anything. Just a random offhanded line. Why bother?

snake
09-24-2016, 03:21 PM
It's a f*cking kids show. You aren't gonna get IDW-tier writing out of it.

Just enjoy the show for what it is.

PApagreg
09-24-2016, 04:03 PM
It's a f*cking kids show. You aren't gonna get IDW-tier writing out of it.

Just enjoy the show for what it is.

You are seriously going to use its a kids show in the year 2016, here are a list of shows for kids that's better written than this show

ATLA/Korra
Motorcity
Tron Uprising
Avengers EMH
Gravity Falls
Star vs
Adventure Time
Dan vs
MLP(even if I don't like that show)
GI Joe Renegade
Transformer Prime/Animated
Kaijudo
Steven Universe
Loud House
Amazing World of Gumball
Batman the Brave and the bold
Spectacular spiderman
Ultimate Spiderman s3-s4
Regular Show
Generator Rex
Symbionic Titan

And thats the tip of the iceberg

ssjup81
09-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Adventure Time is a kids show? I figured it was aimed at teens given the humor.

plastroncafe
09-24-2016, 05:52 PM
That's kind of the beauty of a well constructed cartoon, it has wide appeal, and isn't constrained by any one demographic.

snake
09-24-2016, 09:32 PM
That's kind of the beauty of a well constructed cartoon, it has wide appeal, and isn't constrained by any one demographic.

Exactly. Nick TMNT has backed itself into a wall. I still rank season 1 with most of those shows you listed.

PApagreg
09-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Exactly. Nick TMNT has backed itself into a wall. I still rank season 1 with most of those shows you listed.

So why are you complaining about me criticizing the show

snake
09-24-2016, 10:30 PM
So why are you complaining about me criticizing the show

Because you're expecting things from it that are either not going to happen or are just plain stupid (Casey's sister).

PApagreg
09-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Because you're expecting things from it that are either not going to happen or are just plain stupid (Casey's sister).

So I'm not allowed to criticize it or call it when it makes stupid decisions, then whats the point of a forum then its not like anyone here has a say when it comes to this show we are just here to comment and criticize the stuff we are watching also me wanting to see Casey's sister the person who pretty much motivated Casey to become a vigilante is stupid but an episode where 2 expies of 60s Batman and Robin interact with the turtles and Casey isn't. Those are some great priorities right there.

snake
09-24-2016, 10:49 PM
So I'm not allowed to criticize it or call it when it makes stupid decisions, then whats the point of a forum then its not like anyone here has a say when it comes to this show we are just here to comment and criticize the stuff we are watching also me wanting to see Casey's sister the person who pretty much motivated Casey to become a vigilante is stupid but an episode where 2 expies of 60s Batman and Robin interact with the turtles and Casey isn't. Those are some great priorities right there.

I'm not saying you can't criticize it. But I can also criticize your opinions.

PApagreg
09-24-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm not saying you can't criticize it. But I can also criticize your opinions.

Okay but you agree with most of my opinions thats the weird part, you know the writing in this show is awful yet you give me crap for pointing it out so I'm kinda confused.

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 01:20 AM
The Nick show is firing on all cylinders. Nobody is going to remember the complaining random people do about it after it ends.

BubblyShell22
09-25-2016, 06:20 AM
Greg, you also forgot that he also wanted to protect his dad and not just his little sister. But even so, it's just not important right now. Maybe they'll be shown next season in a flashback or something. For now, the writers don't think it's important so just let it be.

PApagreg
09-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Greg, you also forgot that he also wanted to protect his dad and not just his little sister. But even so, it's just not important right now. Maybe they'll be shown next season in a flashback or something. For now, the writers don't think it's important so just let it be.

Please the writers are the type of people that use the Poptarts instruction to understand to concept of taking the poptart out of the box

BubblyShell22
09-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Whatever. I'm not arguing about this anymore. All I know is I don't give a flying f*ck about Casey's dad or little sister as it's not important.

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 12:17 PM
I have wondered a long time why we haven't seen Casey's family in this series. I mean let's get real, in his first main episode he stated that they're perhaps the main reason why he's out being a vigilante and wanted to fight mutants and crime in the first place! It's kind of representative of Casey as a whole this series because for some reason the showrunners just aren't interested in delving behind the mask and exploring Casey's character. They've had quite a while but, whether by causation or studio and/or storyline interference, they just don't seem to be interested in doing what it takes to make Casey interesting and have his character shine. And if they're not interested in him, why should we be?

Coola Yagami
09-25-2016, 08:33 PM
The Nick show is firing on all cylinders. Nobody is going to remember the complaining random people do about it after it ends.

Yeah... people are always going to remember the stupid plot amnesia just like we always remember the animation errors of the old toon.

PApagreg
09-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah... people are always going to remember the stupid plot amnesia just like we always remember the animation errors of the old toon.

Aesop Amnesia, dropped plots, forgotten characters, horrible writing, I can see this series as a punching bad for an Internet reviewer of the next generation

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 09:15 PM

There is no plot amnesia though.

ssjup81
09-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Yeah... people are always going to remember the stupid plot amnesia just like we always remember the animation errors of the old toon.It's kind of unfair if we say something like this as fact when the show is still in production.

PApagreg
09-25-2016, 09:29 PM
There is no plot amnesia though.

If you took a shot for every episode that Raph has to overcome his bug phobia and his anger I guarantee you need an UBER to get from your living room to your bed

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 09:50 PM
How on earth is that plot amnesia? Raphael is always going to have a temper. Having a phobia doesn't go away easily in real life either.

That's like saying Mikey should stop acting goofy or Leonardo should stop placing the burden on himself to be a leader.

Coola Yagami
09-25-2016, 10:02 PM
It's kind of unfair if we say something like this as fact when the show is still in production.

It's already too late. They go from 'we won't rest until we rescue April's father' to 'yeah.... we'll get around to it... like whenever'. That whole case was already resolved, they did rescue him... and honestly the only reason they rescued him was because Raph poked fun at Donnie... somehow that gave him the determination to go out and rescue him. So.. how long would Kirby been rotting in his cell if Raph hadn't made fun of Donnie that day? They can't go back now and add extra retcon flashbacks to explain their forgetting what they just talked about.

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 10:08 PM
It's already too late. They go from 'we won't rest until we rescue April's father' to 'yeah.... we'll get around to it... like whenever'. That whole case was already resolved, they did rescue him... and honestly the only reason they rescued him was because Raph poked fun at Donnie... somehow that gave him the determination to go out and rescue him. So.. how long would Kirby been rotting in his cell if Raph hadn't made fun of Donnie that day? They can't go back now and add extra retcon flashbacks to explain their forgetting what they just talked about.

What on earth? April's father was lost and they had no idea where to find him. They eventually did.

This is ridiculous. When Batman and Spiderman shows air, nobody says, "Hey, what happened to Joker? Why isn't Batman tracking him down before he kills someone?" Nobody is saying, "Hey, why isn't Spiderman looking for Doctor Octopus...he's still at large?"

Its called recurring villains and plotlines. How the hell is what TMNT's doing any different than any other superhero show?

victory_angel
09-25-2016, 11:40 PM
What on earth? April's father was lost and they had no idea where to find him. They eventually did.

This is ridiculous. When Batman and Spiderman shows air, nobody says, "Hey, what happened to Joker? Why isn't Batman tracking him down before he kills someone?" Nobody is saying, "Hey, why isn't Spiderman looking for Doctor Octopus...he's still at large?"

Its called recurring villains and plotlines. How the hell is what TMNT's doing any different than any other superhero show?

I think it's because they didn't show the Turtles actively looking for April's father or news about him on a consistent basis. Yeah it could be assumed that Donnie was helping April look for Kirby off screen, but seeing the Turtles hanging about the lair without a care in the world made Donnie's statement of "We won't rest until he's found" look hypocritical.

It's pretty much "We are only going to care about the Kraang. But if we find out something about where your dad is, we'll let you know."

Coola Yagami
09-26-2016, 05:40 AM

While it's a bit different in the comics, In cartoons most of the time the episode ends with the bad guy going you jail so batman or spiderman have no reason to be looking for them, they already took care of them.

Are you forgetting all the complaining during season 1? How April forgot all about her dad until the episode suddenly called for it? How the people behind the show were mixed between the show having an ongoing story to just being episodic even though what they were going for called for story arcs.

Fact is, had Raph not call Donnie 'sadorable' April's dad would have still been locked up until the plot remembered him again.

victory_angel
09-26-2016, 07:17 AM
While it's a bit different in the comics, In cartoons most of the time the episode ends with the bad guy going you jail so batman or spiderman have no reason to be looking for them, they already took care of them.

Are you forgetting all the complaining during season 1? How April forgot all about her dad until the episode suddenly called for it? How the people behind the show were mixed between the show having an ongoing story to just being episodic even though what they were going for called for story arcs.

Fact is, had Raph not call Donnie 'sadorable' April's dad would have still been locked up until the plot remembered him again.

Actually it was that secret message that sent Donnie after Aprils father. Raph had teased Donnie for having a crush on April and still beleaving April would see him beyond just a really good friend. Which is why he goes on his own to prove himself worthy of having a chance with April. When Donnie realizes what the secret message was he starts to call for his brothers to inform them but then remembers what Raph had said. If Raph hadn't called Donnie sadorable they would have all gone to find Aprils father

Coola Yagami
09-26-2016, 07:49 AM
Actually it was that secret message that sent Donnie after Aprils father. Raph had teased Donnie for having a crush on April and still beleaving April would see him beyond just a really good friend. Which is why he goes on his own to prove himself worthy of having a chance with April. When Donnie realizes what the secret message was he starts to call for his brothers to inform them but then remembers what Raph had said. If Raph hadn't called Donnie sadorable they would have all gone to find Aprils father

Either way it was because the plot of that episode suddenly called for it. If not they would have just been throwing down with the Foot or random mutants without a care in the world about April's father.

Same with mindless snake karai. While they did handle this better than April's father, there were still Eps that forgot about looking for her. And the whole 'this season will be about the turtles looking for the lost Mutagen bottles' waa forgotten about after the second episode or so.

Then the Northampton Eps seem to completely forget about new York and splinter until the plot called for it. One ep had mikey threaten to run away back to new York forgetting that it would be a kraang hell hole at the time.

CyberCubed
09-26-2016, 04:22 PM
You people just don't know what you want. Every story plot was followed up on, the Turtles did what they could to find mutagen bottles, Kirby, Karai, etc.

ToTheNines
09-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Where's Newtralizer? Where's April's mom?

snake
09-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Where's Newtralizer? Where's April's mom?

April's mom will probably be followed up since that was something that they actually set up. I mean, no biggie if they don't because the Kraang stuff bored me to tears.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2016, 05:32 PM

No, you just take whatever show you like as gospel and run around covering your ears yelling out 'la la la I can't hear you!' whenever someone brings up anything negative with it.

I swear it doesn't matter if it's the 80's, 2K3 or this one, if anyone says anything bad about the show or say they're gonna quit watching it because they're burned out or blah blah, you always jump in to either defend the show or find some kind of fault with the person because it can't possibly be the show's fault.

Give it a rest. This show defined plot amnesia since season 1 and it's been mentioned several times before. Please don't pretend it's never been touched upon until now.

ToTheNines
09-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Mirage has Andrew, Fred Wolf has Zarius, the original movie had that Masterpiece guy, I'm sure the 4kids show had some zealot who doesn't post here any longer, and the Bay movies have Sam (Cylons, you can be the IDW totem, I guess).

They all form to make one ugly Cybercubed fanboy-mech.

CyberCubed
09-26-2016, 06:05 PM
No, you just take whatever show you like as gospel and run around covering your ears yelling out 'la la la I can't hear you!' whenever someone brings up anything negative with it.

Give it a rest. This show defined plot amnesia since season 1 and it's been mentioned several times before. Please don't pretend it's never been touched upon until now.

That has nothing to do with anything. The Nick show isn't even my favorite TMNT cartoon anyway.

I'm just saying it doesn't have plot amnesia. It has recurring characters and plotlines.

snake
09-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Mirage has Andrew, Fred Wolf has Zarius, the original movie had that Masterpiece guy, I'm sure the 4kids show had some zealot who doesn't post here any longer, and the Bay movies have Sam (Cylons, you can be the IDW totem, I guess).

Powder is Next Mutation. :lol:

No hard feelings, Powder

Jephael
09-26-2016, 07:06 PM

Guess that makes me Archie Comics, though I don't go on obsessively about it like those guys do.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-26-2016, 07:09 PM

I will absolutely be the IDW Zealot. Abso-fvcking-lutely.

I'll do double duty for 4Kids, too, if I can be the "First Four Seasons of 4Kids TMNT Exclusively" Zealot. :trazz:

CyberCubed
09-26-2016, 07:56 PM
No! No! It doesn't work that way.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-26-2016, 08:10 PM
No! No! It doesn't work that way.

I can hear the sizzle and pop over your brain overheating all the way from Texas. :twink:

If you spell burning toast, you're having a stroke.

Powder
09-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Powder is Next Mutation. :lol:

No hard feelings, Powder

Hmm, I guess I could take that. :tlol:

Technogeek29
09-26-2016, 10:51 PM
I love this board.:D

ssjup81
09-27-2016, 03:02 AM
Where's Newtralizer? Where's April's mom?The show isn't finished yet...

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 05:30 AM
I will absolutely be the IDW Zealot. Abso-fvcking-lutely.

I'll do double duty for 4Kids, too, if I can be the "First Four Seasons of 4Kids TMNT Exclusively" Zealot. :trazz:

Nah, we'll think of someone else. One Drome Pantheon member per iteration.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-27-2016, 06:38 AM
I could do 4Kids if you want.:tgrin:

Foombamaroom
09-27-2016, 07:04 AM
I can hear the sizzle and pop over your brain overheating all the way from Texas. :twink:

If you spell burning toast, you're having a stroke.

*Looks nervously at my piece of burnt toast.*

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 07:22 AM
*Looks nervously at my piece of burnt toast.*

Obviously a hallucination brought on by your dying brain's death throes.

Either that or you're a terrible cook.

Possibly even both.

Foombamaroom
09-27-2016, 08:34 AM
Obviously a hallucination brought on by your dying brain's death throes.

Either that or you're a terrible cook.

Possibly even both.

I like to think that I'm a pretty good cook.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 08:49 AM
I like to think that I'm a pretty good cook.

Says the guy staring nervously at a piece of burnt toast. :trolleye:

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 08:51 AM
I could do 4Kids if you want.:tgrin:

Quick interview.

1. Do you have at least one recognized catchphrase?

2. Do you look down on others for not sharing your favorite version of TMNT.

3. Would you die for your favorite version of TMNT?

If you answered "no" to any of these questions, the position of "4kids Zealot" is not for you. The great CyberCubed suggests you fan up.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Quick interview.

If you answered "no" to any of these questions, the position of "4kids Zealot" is not for you. The great CyberCubed suggests you fan up.

Do I have a catchphrase? :tconfuse:

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 09:09 AM
"In IDW we trust!"

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 09:12 AM
"In IDW we trust!"

I haven't even used that one in months...

TIME TO BRING IT BACK. :tcool:

And I absolutely can answer yes to Questions #2 and #3. :tlol:

ABrown
09-27-2016, 10:10 AM
What the shell is going on in THIS thread?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 10:23 AM

A REVOLUTION.

Join us... or fear us. Or, y'know, join us BECAUSE you fear us.

BubblyShell22
09-27-2016, 11:28 AM
Viva la revolucion!

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 11:41 AM
This thread should have been locked from the getgo.

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 11:52 AM
See? Catchphrases.

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Build wall. Call Sean Hannity. 30,000 e-mails. Bigly.

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 11:56 AM
You're such a bitch.

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 12:16 PM

Well at first we were bitching about Casey's character next we were arguing whether or not showing Casey's is example of bad writing and here we are discussing who is the Cybercubed of each incarnation

Also I would love to be the Zealot of the idw incarnation that series is almost flawless

snake
09-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Well at first we were bitching about Casey's character next we were arguing whether or not showing Casey's is example of bad writing and here we are discussing who is the Cybercubed of each incarnation

Also I would love to be the Zealot of the idw incarnation that series is almost flawless

Job's taken, kid

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Job's taken, kid

I'm older than you

snake
09-27-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm older than you

D8cvgQJFDeo

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 01:01 PM
D8cvgQJFDeo

Make better jokes then

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Ugh, now we have anime weeabo stuff being posted here.

I'm out.

snake
09-27-2016, 01:30 PM

I'm out.

I've posted that video ATLEAST 3 other times

Make better jokes then

You're pissed off today

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 01:34 PM
You're pissed off today

I didn't know telling someone else to make better jokes is a sign that an individual is pissed off

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 02:06 PM

I'm out.

****ing finally.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 02:41 PM

Sorry, mate, the title was BEQUEATHED to me. You're too late.

"In IDW We Trust."

snake
09-27-2016, 02:51 PM
I didn't know telling someone else to make better jokes is a sign that an individual is pissed off

You're acting so much like a teenage girl it's not even funny. Calm yourself.

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 03:06 PM
You're acting so much like a teenage girl it's not even funny. Calm yourself.

At least I'm not cursing over someone criticizing bad writing, seriously me saying your jokes are bad is acting like a teenage girl but you saying crap along the lines of "Its a f"cking kids show" or "its not f"cking important" is fine, sounds like you just got off your period

snake
09-27-2016, 03:11 PM
At least I'm not cursing over someone criticizing bad writing, seriously me saying your jokes are bad is acting like a teenage girl but you saying crap along the lines of "Its a f"cking kids show" or "its not f"cking important" is fine, sounds like you just got off your period

Except that miniscule details like Casey's sister aren't important at all. And the show has never followed an arc basis outside of season 1. Why even complain at this point? It's redundant. The show sometimes has bad writing. This was established in season 2, and the writing has improved since then.

F*ck.

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Except that miniscule details like Casey's sister aren't important at all. And the show has never followed an arc basis outside of season 1. Why even complain at this point? It's redundant. The show sometimes has bad writing. This was established in season 2, and the writing has improved since then.

F*ck.

1. When you have a major character who's sole motivation is to protect his/her sister then no its not really a miniscule detail.

2.This is a forum and if I have some problems with this show then I see no problems what so ever in complaining about bad writing regardless what the show show is currently doing

Also you are criticizing me because I point out examples in shoddy writing if you know the writing in this show is terrible then why are you complaining about people pointing it out seriously you are like a little kid who like the toy he owns but gets pissed at people playing it or in this case talking about how certain parts don't work

The Happy One
09-27-2016, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't say Casey’s motivation is protecting his sister...

And i think the sole purpose, as far as I'm concerned, for mentioning her was world-building. Just like they mentioned April’s aunt and never showed her. It's just to give the character some...realistic edge. So the audience can know 'okay, okay, Casey has a family' type thing.

Now that's not saying the wont use her in the future, but for now I think it's safe to say it isn't bad writing on their part for not showing her. It's just world-building...

snake
09-27-2016, 06:16 PM
1. When you have a major character who's sole motivation is to protect his/her sister then no its not really a miniscule detail.

2.This is a forum and if I have some problems with this show then I see no problems what so ever in complaining about bad writing regardless what the show show is currently doing

Also you are criticizing me because I point out examples in shoddy writing if you know the writing in this show is terrible then why are you complaining about people pointing it out seriously you are like a little kid who like the toy he owns but gets pissed at people playing it or in this case talking about how certain parts don't work

The forum part goes both ways. I'm simply voicing my opinion.

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 06:20 PM
The forum part goes both ways. I'm simply voicing my opinion.

Saying I should't voice my complaints with this show isn't an opinion

snake
09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Saying I should't voice my complaints with this show isn't an opinion

I never said that. Voice it all you want, I'll still retort with mine.

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 07:02 PM
I never said that. Voice it all you want, I'll still retort with mine.

Heres what you said

. Why even complain at this point? It's redundant. The show sometimes has bad writing. This was established in season 2, and the writing has improved since then.

So you are pretty much criticizing me for criticizing the show, that makes no sense what so ever if you want to criticize me criticize me for my ideas its like Movie producers criticizing Siskel and Ebert for reviewing movies and complaining about bad ones, do you see how what you are doing makes no sense what so ever especially on a public forum

snake
09-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Whatever, dude. I'm done and it's clear that your argument skills are only a notch below Cybercubed's

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Well I argued with creationists who make more logical statements then the crap you are spouting.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-27-2016, 07:18 PM
Quick interview.

1. Yes, "What the Shell?"

2. I do because there's something special I see in this series compared to thr other TMNT versions. It's my Batman: TAS.

3. Anytime!

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 07:50 PM
God. You people...you people. You people, you people, you people.

You people. You people just don't know what you want. What is up with you people?

PApagreg
09-27-2016, 07:51 PM
God. You people...you people. You people, you people, you people.

You people. You people just don't know what you want. What is up with you people?

Can't tell if trolling or serious at this point

Also didn't snake scared you off with his "weaboo crap"

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 07:53 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/9869953.jpg

ToTheNines
09-28-2016, 06:20 AM
1. Yes, "What the Shell?"

2. I do because there's something special I see in this series compared to thr other TMNT versions. It's my Batman: TAS.

3. Anytime!

Ok, you're in. The catchphrase quota is 50 percent of whatever cubed reaches per given month. If you don't hit it you lose your Pantheon membership.