PDA

View Full Version : Will the whole public learn of the turtles?

ninja-zero
09-10-2016, 03:26 PM
The only humans who know of the turtles existence are April, her dad, Casey, Murakami-san & Kurtzman. AND Don Vizioso

Even though some of the people were afraid of them when the turtles rescued theme from the Kraang, will the people learn of the turtles' existence later?

Cause I'm positive there'll be a mob chasing them and ridiculing them. But hopefully they'll accept them as their heroes.

snake
09-10-2016, 03:46 PM
I hate how the show glazed over the mutants revealed thing. How the f*ck does Vizioso know so much about mutants? Let alone enough to make specific weapons to combat them.

shredder orokusaki
09-10-2016, 04:19 PM
The only humans who know of the turtles existence are April, her dad, Casey, Murakami-san & Kurtzman. AND Don Vizioso

Even though some of the people were afraid of them when the turtles rescued theme from the Kraang, will the people learn of the turtles' existence later?

Cause I'm positive there'll be a mob chasing them and ridiculing them. But hopefully they'll accept them as their heroes.

And i and all of my henchmen also the purple dragons and evryone at Don Viozo mafia .

shredder orokusaki
09-10-2016, 04:21 PM
I hate how the show glazed over the mutants revealed thing. How the f*ck does Vizioso know so much about mutants? Let alone enough to make specific weapons to combat them.

Becasue i told him. Stockman made the weapons and then we sold them to Don Viozo.

PApagreg
09-10-2016, 08:11 PM

Honestly what humans know has been pretty much inconstant, you think by now mutants, aliens, and ninjas can be used as a tourist attraction

snake
09-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Honestly what humans know has been pretty much inconstant, you think by now mutants, aliens, and ninjas can be used as a tourist attraction

The government does f*ck all too. Remember the EPF? They kinda showed up, did nothing, and then left

Utrommaniac
09-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah, nevermind that aliens from another dimension took over Manhattan to the point that it had to be shut down and barricaded. Not like the global economy has been tremendously effected by this and there aren't a bunch of Kraang Cults running around in terror and reverence, and scientists freaking out over where they came from and how they got to Earth.

One would think that at the very least the entire world knows about aliens. It doesn't matter that they're from another dimension at this point, just that they flat out exist.

Mutants are one thing, since so far they only seem to be centered in Manhattan; the Kraang takeover was all over the news.

victory_angel
09-11-2016, 01:32 AM
The Turtle's for the most part, have been careful about being seen, but yes there are situations where they can't really avoid it.

Xever had told thugs on the street to be on the lookout for a group of giant turtles and sure enough, the Purple Dragons find them.

Don Vizioso knows the Shredder has henchmutants under control. And there are numerous mutants who have been created during the various mutant spills that occurred over the course of the series. Vizioso has said he was wanting to make the city his. So in order to get people to be more receptive to having him around he's wanting to get rid of all mutants because they are not human or in the case of others no longer human and there for have no rights.

So this is all part of a humans vs. Mutants plot...all they need is for the Turtles be caught leaving the scene of a situation in order for them to truly be declared a menace to the city and general public.

WebLurker
09-12-2016, 10:31 PM

He learned about them for sure when Shredder blackmailed him into allying with him in "Casey Jones vs. the Underworld." He was also one of the spectators in Fishface's mutant death games in "Meet Mondo Gecko." So, between those two cases, it makes sense that he would know that mutants exist. Now, did he want to kill them all because of racism or only to secure his control over the Big Apple is unclear.

Also, I could see the show building up to a public reveal of mutants, given that the Turtles seem to be having even closer and closer calls with being exposed, and "Mutant Gangland" showing one faction preparing for a war.

PApagreg
09-12-2016, 11:29 PM
He learned about them for sure when Shredder blackmailed him into allying with him in "Casey Jones vs. the Underworld." He was also one of the spectators in Fishface's mutant death games in "Meet Mondo Gecko." So, between those two cases, it makes sense that he would know that mutants exist. Now, did he want to kill them all because of racism or only to secure his control over the Big Apple is unclear.

Also, I could see the show building up to a public reveal of mutants, given that the Turtles seem to be having even closer and closer calls with being exposed, and "Mutant Gangland" showing one faction preparing for a war.

"Close to public reveals" at this point I'm surprised mutants aren't a tourist attraction seriously we had mechs, mutants, alien and all of the weird ass crap the turtles discovered at the public view, at this point the government not doing anything is bad writing at this point.

ninja-zero
09-13-2016, 12:01 AM
Maybe the public will learn to accept the turtles. And that they're heroes and were the ones who saved them from the Kraang.

Splinter the boss
09-13-2016, 02:28 PM
"Close to public reveals" at this point I'm surprised mutants aren't a tourist attraction seriously we had mechs, mutants, alien and all of the weird ass crap the turtles discovered at the public view, at this point the government not doing anything is bad writing at this point.
I agree, we've only seen the government getting involved when Kraang Prime arrived, other than that they've been doing nothing.

WebLurker
09-14-2016, 12:15 AM
Isn't there supposedly going to be a future story arc about the public learning about mutants' existence?

Coola Yagami
09-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Never I hope. Unless it's the series finale. That's like asking when is the whole world going to know that batman is Bruce Wayne.

WebLurker
09-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Never I hope. Unless it's the series finale. That's like asking when is the whole world going to know that batman is Bruce Wayne.

Well, unless the Powers That Be decide to change the story from the Turtles operating in the shadows to them needing to find out how they fit into the larger world that knows they're around.

If I recall correctly, eventually in the Mirage comics, the Turtles did go public.

victory_angel
09-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Well, unless the Powers That Be decide to change the story from the Turtles operating in the shadows to them needing to find out how they fit into the larger world that knows they're around.

If I recall correctly, eventually in the Mirage comics, the Turtles did go public.

I think that's because aliens were coming to live in the city, so the Turtles were able to go out and pretend they were aliens.

Coola Yagami
09-14-2016, 05:38 PM

True but that's when aliens and whatnot revealed themselves to the world, so the turtles were free to walk around since they'd just be considered aliens. But thats an extreme example. The equivalent of if all marvel or dc heroes exposed their secret identities and it became public knowledge.

WebLurker
09-15-2016, 12:42 AM
True but that's when aliens and whatnot revealed themselves to the world, so the turtles were free to walk around since they'd just be considered aliens. But thats an extreme example. The equivalent of if all marvel or dc heroes exposed their secret identities and it became public knowledge.

Yeah, I can see that. However, under the right circumstances, I could see the Turtles being revealed to the world generating some interesting story materials. Also, for what it's worth, we know it's going to happen. Renat told them that they're famous historical figures in the future, per "Turtles in Time."

shredder orokusaki
09-15-2016, 02:07 AM

They alreadyl learn it at the end of Batman Arkham Knight game when Scarecrow unmasked him. Now evryones knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne. If you have played the game you should had known this

In the 1987 series they were revelaed to the world from the begining . But now the are cowards. They are afraid too much of me and my henchmen that why they are trying to hide!

Ashwolf
09-15-2016, 03:00 AM
They alreadyl learn it at the end of Batman Arkham Knight game when Scarecrow unmasked him. Now evryones knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne. If you have played the game you should had known this

In the 1987 series they were revelaed to the world from the begining . But now the are cowards. They are afraid too much of me and my henchmen that why they are trying to hide!

u apparently dont have a clue about how ninjas remain in the shadows

regarding how they didnt really concern themselves that much about whether they were seen or not in the 80s is 1 of the biggest reasons i dont like that version

victory_angel
09-15-2016, 04:03 AM
The humans in the 87 show were largely sheep. They were generally aware of were okay with the Turtles, but then whenever someone...namely the plot says the Turtles are a threat to the city. The humans would say "Yeah, that's right. Let's get 'em."

In later TV versions of this series the Turtles mostly remain in the shadows and try to avoid being seen when possible. 2k3 series had some exceptions such as that Homeless community that Donatello befriended. Though there are those two guys who comment about the turtles being guys in costumes. And of course the other people they help such as the justice force.

The 2k12 turtles also adhere to the "avoid being seen" mindset, but being teenagers they can be careless and some of the battles they face they can't completely avoid being seen by human eyes.

Ashwolf
09-15-2016, 11:26 AM
The humans in the 87 show were largely sheep. They were generally aware of were okay with the Turtles, but then whenever someone...namely the plot says the Turtles are a threat to the city. The humans would say "Yeah, that's right. Let's get 'em."

In later TV versions of this series the Turtles mostly remain in the shadows and try to avoid being seen when possible. 2k3 series had some exceptions such as that Homeless community that Donatello befriended. Though there are those two guys who comment about the turtles being guys in costumes. And of course the other people they help such as the justice force.

The 2k12 turtles also adhere to the "avoid being seen" mindset, but being teenagers they can be careless and some of the battles they face they can't completely avoid being seen by human eyes.

showing themselves to small, select groups is different in my opinion cause those people help keep their secret
when there is a extremely important matter at hand (invasions/city under attack), if people are getting hurt or taken cause of the situation at hand, they kinda have to step out of the shadows briefly in order to protect said people before going back into the shadows

victory_angel
09-15-2016, 01:21 PM
showing themselves to small, select groups is different in my opinion cause those people help keep their secret
when there is a extremely important matter at hand (invasions/city under attack), if people are getting hurt or taken cause of the situation at hand, they kinda have to step out of the shadows briefly in order to protect said people before going back into the shadows

That is true.
Though in the 87 series, the Turtles at times got in trouble when they were caught by the media leaving the scene of crime they didn't actually commit.

So with Joan Grody and her "Grody to the Max" show. She could catch the Turtles leaving a situation and say they were behind it.

Since Muckman brushed them off as a bunch of kids in costumes. Maybe one of the turtles is apprehended by the police and when they try to pull off the Turtles faces thinking it to be a mask, and then finds it's not a mask. It's a real face.

Either that or Grody catches footage of one of the Turtles tucking into their shells and realizes no one in costume would physically be able to do that.

Splinter the boss
09-15-2016, 02:14 PM
To the question being asked, I don't know really. It's weird that the people of New York city don't seem to realise that stuff is happening in the city, one moment you see a giant turtle mech with four turtles walking around and no one seems to see it. It's as if the city's deserted.

DevilSpooky
09-15-2016, 06:20 PM

Good going you tool, go on spoiling stuff unrelated with the topic at hand without warning... :flaming:

WebLurker
09-16-2016, 12:23 AM
To the question being asked, I don't know really. It's weird that the people of New York city don't seem to realise that stuff is happening in the city, one moment you see a giant turtle mech with four turtles walking around and no one seems to see it. It's as if the city's deserted.

Well, the first time the mech as pulled out, the Kraang had emptied most of the city. The second time, it's possible that any observers didn't get a good look at the drivers. Also bear in mind by this time, there had been two alien invasions that were remembered. People are aware that there is crazy stuff out there, so a kaiju fighting a giant robot would just be more of that.