PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite animal species?

Prowler
09-13-2016, 11:44 PM
Most people like animals, so I figured why not.

Cats are number one for me. And in second probably come tigers. yes, I like felines. They're very nice looking and very interesting.

Eagles are awesome too. They symbolise glory in my eyes. And have amazing presence.

I also like penguins and ducks for the funny way they walk. And ducklings are pretty cute.

And, ofc, turtles.

CyberCubed
09-13-2016, 11:46 PM
Other than cats, I have no interest in real life animals. Sure, I see them and I'm like, "Ok, that's cool." But that's about it.

Prowler
09-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Other than cats, I have no interest in real life animals. Sure, I see them and I'm like, "Ok, that's cool." But that's about it.
Ever owned a pet? Just curious.

CyberCubed
09-14-2016, 12:11 AM
I've had family cats with my parents.

Prowler
09-14-2016, 12:12 AM
I've had family cats with my parents.
Never had a pet myself. Wanted a cat when I was a kid but my mom's allergic so...

Utrommaniac
09-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Cats - Lived with them my whole life, but I haven't really started to appreciate them until now

Cephalopods - No surprise, given the Utrom thing. If they had overlapping generations, cared for their offspring, and didn't suffer death by snu-snu I imagine they might have a complex civilization not unlike humans somewhere down the line.

Birds in general - Especially now that it's been determined that birds are a type of dinosaur, no if ands or buts.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2016, 12:23 AM
It used to be cats and snakes in general during my childhood, but with time, as I've grown, I've appreciated alot of animals, including humans and the really gross ones that can do some nasty stuff.

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 12:46 AM
You really going for it. Lol. Soon you'll have all our passwords and security questions.

Prowler, or Profiler?

Prowler
09-14-2016, 12:48 AM
You really going for it. Lol. Soon you'll have all our passwords and security questions.

Prowler, or Profiler?
I've been a bit bored lately and in the mood to make threads. What can I say? :lol:

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 01:19 AM
I've been a bit bored lately and in the mood to make threads. What can I say? :lol:

It's all good, but maybe just straight up ask my mothers maiden name next time?

All this beating round the bush...

Prowler
09-14-2016, 02:06 AM

Nah, I'm not THAT curious.

Commenter 42
09-14-2016, 02:19 AM
Stingrays.

Yep. Love them. Had an really bizarre encounter with one at an aquarium.
Closest thing to a spiritual experience I've ever had.

Candy Kappa
09-14-2016, 02:54 AM
My favorite species are turtles, not so big on tortoises though. I own 4 turtles atm, two girl red-eared sliders and one boy and one girl yellow-bellied slider. Been a proud turtle owner for over 15 years.

So I might be a bit biased when the RES is my favorite turtle, they are very fun creatures. Mostly colorful in their youth, and it's entertaining to watch them explore places and climb up stuff you'd never expect a turtle to climb on.

Cats and dogs share the second spot. I got a shiba inu for about a year now and he is a ball of fun.

blindturtle02
09-14-2016, 06:55 AM
Certainly cats. I own two of them. I can't honestly remember a time when I haven't owned a cat.

ToTheNines
09-14-2016, 07:07 AM
Turtles of course! I have 2 Slider's (Spike and Kirby), but I really love sea turtles, they're so cool.

Love dogs, we currently have a boxer and a pitbull/chihuahua mix. My folks still have the beagle/boston terrier we had before I moved out, and growing up we had an awesome chocolate lab.

Cats are cool, we have a tuxedo dude who is laying on my leg as I type this.

But I think all animals are awesome, I could go on all day. Even humans can be pretty cool.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2016, 09:22 AM

Prowler, or Profiler?

:tlol:

Profiler it is!

Prowler
09-14-2016, 11:50 AM
Wasn't Profiler a tv series from the 90s? My brother was a fan of that alongside the X-Files iirc.

IndigoErth
09-14-2016, 04:41 PM
Most critters... prob easier just to address what I'm not too fond of.** lol

A few notables among the likes off the top of my head... fish, esp the cute harmless varieties; highland crows are frigging adorable; and find cuttlefish weirdly cute and fascinating. And plenty of other critters.

** Sloths always bugged me, dogs may be cute but I find many of them quite annoying (with all the barking and stinking and mess making), I like cats, but due to living with certain problem cats owned by other family members I'm kind of over cats right now.

Mzx10484
09-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Eagles are awesome too. They symbolise glory in my eyes. And have amazing presence.

Flying would be that awesome, even just dung beetle-styled would be fun enough ... 8)

The Deadman
09-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Sharks and penguins.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Cats of course- actually felines of all sizes and kinds. Cheetahs and leopards especially. I also really like spiders. They are such fascinating and beautiful creatures- especially jumping spiders. Love fish, blue jays(raising one really gave me an appreciation for these smart and oddly social birds) and horses. About the only animals I don't like much are roaches grasshoppers and some dogs. Mostly problem breeds or those that are really noisy and nervous.

NinjaPug
09-14-2016, 08:54 PM
I love all dogs but particularly pugs. I got my pug right after I graduated and have been obsessed with the breed ever since. They're such great little dogs.

Owls were my favorite animal growing up.

TMNT_Guy
09-14-2016, 10:29 PM
Pigs. Cute adorable creatures that are smarter than dogs. I still eat ham, though.

Guinea Pigs. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq9ghmgqoyc) I had a Guinea Pig growing up that I creatively named "Guinea". He was loving and very smart, he understood his name, he liked to ride on my shoulder like a parrot, he gave me kisses, and he would squeak at me when his water or food was low.

Cappybaras. What's a cappybara? It's the world's largest rodent, basically it's a giant Guinea Pig that loves water.

http://media.mnn.com/assets/images/2015/04/pet-capybara.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg