PDA

View Full Version : Stan Sakai Confirms Usagi Will Be In TMNT

Vicky82
09-15-2016, 08:49 AM
It's happening guys

The creator of Usagi Yojimbo was signing comics at Rose City Comic-con last weekend, and according to several different reports, he confirmed that his character will in fact be making a return to the lore of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Although we had previously seen the logo for a new line of toys based on the rabbit ronin, there was no confirmation that we would be seeing Miyamoto Usagi in any other form. If the latest reports are true, Stan Sakai himself has finally confirmed that Usagi will be in Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.
There may not be an official announcement from Nickelodeon as of yet, but the creator himself has already broken the silence. If I had to guess when we can expect the official press release, I chances are that we may hear something at NYCC in October. Regardless, it’s nice to hear that Sakai has been nice enough to allow Nick to use his character in their TMNT series.
Considering how careful he has been about where and how Miyamoto would appear in other franchises, something tells me that he personally read and approved of the script. If Stan Sakai likes your work enough to bring back Usagi Yojimbo, that’s definitely a good sign. That being said, we have no idea how much involvement Sakai has had in this project. All we know for sure at this point is that he signed some paperwork.

Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already made references to several different iterations of the franchise in its first four seasons. At this point, it makes perfect sense for them to finally introduce yet another memorable friend of the turtles.
I don’t know about you, but I am hopeful that this will be more than just a one-time episode. How awesome would it be if Usagi Yojimbo became a somewhat regular character in Nick’s TMNT series? Whatever happens next, I’m just happy to see Miyamoto Usagi return to the Ninja Turtles lore once again. Now all we have to do is wait until we see those rabbit ears pop up on our TV screens for the first time in a decade!

Ok the website doesn't work here, so you need to copy and paste the website and take the spaces out .

teenage mutant ninja turtles .com/2016/09/14/sakai-confirms-usagi-yojimbo-nick-tmnt/

TurtleTitan97
09-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Nice! :D

Can't wait to see Usagi again!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing him in IDW... maybe this will open the door to that?

Powder
09-15-2016, 09:11 AM
The website "doesn't work here" because it is blocked. How many times we gotta tell y'all? Don't link stuff from there.

TigerClaw
09-15-2016, 09:16 AM
It's happening guys

Ok the website doesn't work here, so you need to copy and paste the website and take the spaces out .

http:// www. teenage mutant ninja turtles .com/2016/09/14/sakai-confirms-usagi-yojimbo-nick-tmnt/
That's great news! can't wait to see what the Nick version of Usagi will look like.

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I'm really curious what the character design is going to look like.

Powder
09-15-2016, 09:25 AM
This isn't even news, guys. The Playmates leak was confirmation enough. Those of you who want to see his design can just squint at this:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2yl5teg.png

Looks just like the 4kids toy, in art form.

Vicky82
09-15-2016, 09:30 AM
This isn't even news, guys. The Playmates leak was confirmation enough. Those of you who want to see his design can just squint at this:

Yeah, but it's a lot better to get the confirmation from Stan himself as he owns the character.

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't expect the design to deviate from the source material all that much, but I'm still curious how that design will render in cg 3D.

Basically, what I'm holding out for is the ability to watch his design in motion, something that static 2D image doesn't really help me with.

TigerClaw
09-15-2016, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't expect the design to deviate from the source material all that much, but I'm still curious how that design will render in cg 3D.

Basically, what I'm holding out for is the ability to watch his design in motion, something that static 2D image doesn't really help me with.
It's also gonna be the first time we get Usagi in CGI form.

Andrew NDB
09-15-2016, 09:45 AM
So, little ears and ponytail with long black hair?

ObiWanFan4life
09-15-2016, 09:45 AM
:D I can't wait to see what they do with him in the series. Hopefully, it won't be another missed opportunity like with the Neutrinos.

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 09:46 AM

...well kind of.
Anyone who was lucky enough to stop by his table at SDCC may have seen this: Usagi Yojimbo: Samurai Rabbit Enters Virtual Reality (http://virtua.us/usagi-yojimbo-samurai-rabbit-enters-virtual-reality/).

X10 Studios, a company out of Kyoto, Japan plans to make an interactive VR experience starring Usagi Yojimbo. They had the demo up and running at Comic Con and Virtua.US got a chance to try it out. It consisted of 3 different scenes where you watched the samurai warrior dispatch some enemy ninjas, talk to comarades, and fight to save a village. The graphics were cartoon like and the animations were smooth. While no one will be mistaking it for Pixar quality it felt real enough for me to get caught up in the action. X10 plans to Kickstarter the full development of this interactive experience soon and has the blessing of Stan Sakai to use his characters. The demo, while rough in places, seemed like the first step in the right direction. Virtual reality has the power to really immerse people in other worlds, and if that world consists of animal samurais fighting over feudal Japan, then I for one could not be happier.

It was pretty awesome.

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 09:46 AM

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tmnt/tmnt_files/battlenexus-pc-13.png

Jester
09-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Only real "source" aside from the Playmates video Greg Cipes posted, is the the site who won't be linked...and I guess this Reddit post: see attachment. Sorry about quality. Here's text
At Rose City comic con in Portland over the weekend, got some books signed by Stan Sakai, the creator, writer, and artist behind Usagi. I first met his creation when he popped up in the 80's TMNT cartoons, and soon had the figure in my hot little hands. He showed up in the early 2000's TMNT again, and Mr. Sakai said they had just signed the paperwork for him to make an appearance in the Nickelodeon show. I for one am excited. Much love to the Turtles, but that samurai rabbit is my dude!

Edit: Wouldn't mind seeing him in IDW... maybe this will open the door to that?
Further in the reddit thread a poster said Stan was open to Usagi in IDW.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Only real "source" aside from the Playmates video Greg Cipes posted, is the the site who won't be linked...and I guess this Reddit post:

Edit:
Further in the reddit thread a poster said Stan was open to Usagi in IDW.

I wouldn't mind that. Usagi is this weird little constant of TMNT who actually isn't a TMNT character. :tlol:

Jester
09-15-2016, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't mind that. Usagi is this weird little constant of TMNT who actually isn't a TMNT character. :tlol:
Here's the actual post...again a redditer so not 100% official.
I spoke to him a month ago at a Con and he jokingly said that Nick was not ready to make the announcement when that photo was leaked.

He also said he was open to Usagi coming to the IDW comics, which is also very exciting!

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 10:03 AM

That'd be great. I wonder if it'll be "Usagi prime" who already knows the Mirage guys, or a new "IDW Usagi" like how they did it in the cartoons.

If it's the former, I hope he clowns on them for their stupid rainbow headbands :P

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 10:05 AM
Here's the actual post...again a redditer so not 100% official.

That'd be great. I wonder if it'll be "Usagi prime" who already knows the Mirage guys, or a new "IDW Usagi" like how they did it in the cartoons.

If it's the former, I hope he clowns on them for their stupid rainbow headbands :P

I don't care enough about Usagi to be excited yet; my reaction is more "Hey, neat!"

I really need to read some Usagi...

Andrew NDB
09-15-2016, 10:08 AM
Hopefully, it won't be another missed opportunity like with the Neutrinos.

A missed opportunity with the Neutrinos, how? Like going to cross the street and missing the opportunity to get hit by a Mack truck?

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't care enough about Usagi to be excited yet; my reaction is more "Hey, neat!"

I really need to read some Usagi...

I'm certain you'd love it.

Powder
09-15-2016, 10:16 AM

While the UY crossovers are Mirage canon, they're not canon in the UY universe, according to Stan. So I dunno.

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Even Shades of Green?

ObiWanFan4life
09-15-2016, 10:31 AM
A missed opportunity with the Neutrinos, how? Like going to cross the street and missing the opportunity to get hit by a Mack truck?

Missed as in there was more they could have done with them instead of just making them faceless mindless drones.

Powder
09-15-2016, 10:36 AM
Even Shades of Green?

All of it, supposedly.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 10:36 AM
I'm certain you'd love it.

Just requested the first two volumes of Usagi from my main library. Will let you guys know what I think!

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 10:39 AM
All of it, supposedly.

Huh... what about the rest of Usagi vol. 2 by Mirage? Shades of Green was #1-3 of that volume.

Andrew NDB
09-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Huh... what about the rest of Usagi vol. 2 by Mirage? Shades of Green was #1-3 of that volume.

Yeah, was about to say... how can they be non-canon when some of them took place directly in the pages of Usagi's core series? In the main story?

Powder
09-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Beats me. Maybe I misunderstood & it was only the Mirage-penned crossovers he doesn't consider canon? I guess it's something worth clarifying with Stan. I wanna say I read about this on one of Pete's ask blogs, but as you can see, the specifics are escaping me. :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Beats me. Maybe I misunderstood & it was only the Mirage-penned crossovers he doesn't consider canon? I guess it's something worth clarifying with Stan. I wanna say I read about this on one of Pete's ask blogs, but as you can see, the specifics are escaping me. :tlol:

I do remember seeing something similar on an "Ask Pete" blog post, so I think you're right... probably does mean the stuff HE does is canon, but the Mirage stuff isn't.

NinjaMan
09-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Season 5 being more than likely the final season is gonna end well with the intro of Usagi. My oldest child will be happy to hear he's coming. Thanks for this news Vicky!

Andrew NDB
09-15-2016, 10:53 AM
I do remember seeing something similar on an "Ask Pete" blog post, so I think you're right... probably does mean the stuff HE does is canon, but the Mirage stuff isn't.

At the end of the day... does it really matter, though? Nothing meaningful or with lasting consequences happened in any Usagi crossover, ever.

That reminds me... the Flaming Carrot crossover. I've never read that. Is that any good?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 10:56 AM
At the end of the day... does it really matter, though? Nothing meaningful or with lasting consequences happened in any Usagi crossover, ever.

That reminds me... the Flaming Carrot crossover. I've never read that. Is that any good?

Nah, canon stopped meaning anything to me when Laird declared Image TMNT non-canon.

Flaming Carrot... :tlol: I've never even heard of that except knowing it's a TMNT crossover.

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 10:57 AM
It's pretty wretched. Wouldn't recommend wasting your time with either of them.

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 11:07 AM
But...Raph becomes Bread Boy in the Flaming Carrot x-over!
And they battle the Umpire's Union who've taken over the Umpire State Building and are defending it by throwing pennies off the top!

On second thought, it's not your kind of thing, Andrew.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 11:27 AM
But...Raph becomes Bread Boy in the Flaming Carrot x-over!
And they battle the Umpire's Union who've taken over the Umpire State Building and are defending it by throwing pennies off the top!

On second thought, it's not your kind of thing, Andrew.

Kirby save us, I am so glad I never bothered to read that...

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Kirby save us, I am so glad I never bothered to read that...

Absurdist Meta humor is my bread and butter.
It's second only to my love of Slice of Life.
Freakzoid for life!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 11:35 AM
Absurdist Meta humor is my bread and butter.
It's second only to my love of Slice of Life.
Freakzoid for life!

Eh, absurdist usually doesn't do anything for me.

I did just read "I Hate Fairyland"... which I wouldn't call absurdist but was HILARIOUS. Think Deadpool in the form of a little 8-yr-old Alice rampaging through Wonderland.

CyberCubed
09-15-2016, 11:36 AM
More importantly isn't this a sign the show is going on beyond Season 5 into a Season 6?

Just a while ago Greg Cripes posted a cake saying they finished the voice acting for all 124 episodes (by the end of Season 5 they'll have 124 episodes). However if Stan Sakai just recently signed a deal for Usagi to appear, wouldn't that imply it would have to be in new episodes not completed yet?

Could this be the first confirmation of a Season 6?

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Eh, absurdist usually doesn't do anything for me.

I did just read "I Hate Fairyland"... which I wouldn't call absurdist but was HILARIOUS. Think Deadpool in the form of a little 8-yr-old Alice rampaging through Wonderland.

I haven't read that yet, but I love Skottie Young's art.

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 11:41 AM
Lol... Flaming Carrot wishes it was Freakazoid.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 11:43 AM
I haven't read that yet, but I love Skottie Young's art.

It was amazing. I'd put it off because I didn't really expect much from it, but I saw an article talking about it and knew I'd badly misjudged.

It was perfect. As a guy who hates Alice in Wonderland, I can't help but wonder if the comic writer shares my prejudice... :tlol:

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Lol... Flaming Carrot wishes it was Freakazoid.

You likely wouldn't have the latter without the former, which predates it by a nearly a decade.

Vicky82
09-15-2016, 11:51 AM
More importantly isn't this a sign the show is going on beyond Season 5 into a Season 6?

Just a while ago Greg Cripes posted a cake saying they finished the voice acting for all 124 episodes (by the end of Season 5 they'll have 124 episodes). However if Stan Sakai just recently signed a deal for Usagi to appear, wouldn't that imply it would have to be in new episodes not completed yet?

Could this be the first confirmation of a Season 6?

Good point Cube and I seemed to remember last year that Stan said it wasn't happening, but he could of kept it a secret and signed the deal a year ago, so Usagi could in season 5.

So lets cross our fingers and hope season 6 is happening.

TigerClaw
09-15-2016, 11:54 AM
What if Usagi's appearance is a sign that they are doing a spinoff series, I'm sure there's room for a TMNT spinoff series for Usagi Yojimbo.

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 11:57 AM
I would need to see the production team behind it before I'd get excited about something like that.

But the potential for awesome is there.

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Don't think Stan would sell out now .

NinjaMan
09-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Wonder if splinter is killed at the end of this season an Usagi becomes a mentor of sorts next season.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Just requested the first two volumes of Usagi from my main library. Will let you guys know what I think!

You will not be disappointed. I fell in love with it from the first volume.

It was amazing. I'd put it off because I didn't really expect much from it, but I saw an article talking about it and knew I'd badly misjudged.

It was perfect. As a guy who hates Alice in Wonderland, I can't help but wonder if the comic writer shares my prejudice... :tlol:

I may need to check it out myself. Your description intrigues me.....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 12:39 PM
You will not be disappointed. I fell in love with it from the first volume.

I may need to check it out myself. Your description intrigues me.....

Think of it as "Alice Kills Wonderland." :tlol:

Jester
09-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Brandon Auman just shared the link from [WEBSITE REDACTED] on his FB.

snake
09-15-2016, 12:53 PM
So. F*cking. Hyped.

Vicky82
09-15-2016, 01:11 PM

Cool :D

Maybe you could unblock the website address if Brandon's linking the website :lol:

But why is it blocked in the first place.

snake
09-15-2016, 01:14 PM
Cool :D

Maybe you could unblock the website address if Brandon's linking the website :lol:

But why is it blocked in the first place.

Because the guy running it is a cob knobbler

IndigoErth
09-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Awesome that it's been confirmed, and glad that Sakai changed his mind about letting it happen.

For the Turtles, I guess Usagi is kinda like the kid of your parent's (creators) friend who you grew up knowing, TMNT just isn't quite the same without Usagi coming over to play. Or, you know, beat stuff up. :D

Vicky82
09-15-2016, 01:25 PM
Because the guy running it is a cob knobbler

Oh right so it's nothing wrong with website, like it's a illegal or something, it's the person who runs it. So what did he do that pissed off a lot people here then.

TigerClaw
09-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Yep!
https://www.facebook.com/brandon.auman.5/posts/10154050170973867?pnref=story

snake
09-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Oh right so it's nothing wrong with website, like it's a illegal or something, it's the person who runs it. So what did he do that pissed off a lot people here then.

Not exactly sure, but it couldn't have been good. :lol:

TigerClaw
09-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I'm sure whatever happen years ago, is behind them, so maybe they are cool now, I still don't see why its still banned considering the site offers a lot of great stuff for TMNT in general.

since the news came from that site is legit, I think whoever around here still holds the grudge, needs to let it go and unban the site.

Allio
09-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Wonder if Nick Usagi will be younger than normal Usagi; hasn't Usagi always been older than the turtles (his 20's compared to their 15)

Powder
09-15-2016, 02:22 PM
since the news came from that site is legit, I think whoever around here still holds the grudge, needs to let it go and unban the site.

As I said before, the site runner himself asked Krang that it be banned here. Why? Because when it did get posted, he was roasted, for stealing content. Prolly wouldn't matter now, but yeah, that's the head honcho's call.

Half a page of nerd media shilling later I again ask...

Must you two always 69 into geek culture fan-wank? That's a definite thread killing trend.

Jester
09-15-2016, 02:26 PM
As I said before, the site runner himself asked Krang that it be banned here. Why? Because when it did get posted, he was roasted, for stealing content. Prolly wouldn't matter now, but yeah, that's the head honcho's call.

Thank you....my memory of the "Why?" Sucks. That and I don't know if Brandon was goofing on everyone. He posted it with little other input.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Half a page of nerd media shilling later I again ask...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #217: "You can't free a fish from water."

NinjaMan
09-15-2016, 02:38 PM
Wonder if Nick Usagi will be younger than normal Usagi; hasn't Usagi always been older than the turtles (his 20's compared to their 15)

Maybe older if they decide to kill splinter off at the end of this season and have Usagi be their temporary teacher in season 5 (final season perhaps).

plastroncafe
09-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #217: "You can't free a fish from water."

Let's not forget Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #34: War is good for business.

TigerClaw
09-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Maybe older if they decide to kill splinter off at the end of this season and have Usagi be their temporary teacher in season 5 (final season perhaps).
I always assumed that Usagi was the same age at the Turtles, it was never really establish what his age actually is.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2016, 02:48 PM
Let's not forget Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #34: War is good for business.

Also Ferengi Rule of Acquistion #35: Peace is good for business.

ToTheNines
09-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I'm sure whatever happen years ago, is behind them, so maybe they are cool now, I still don't see why its still banned considering the site offers a lot of great stuff for TMNT in general.

Translation, TigerClaw wants to profit off of sharing their links. Keep it blocked.

CyberCubed
09-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Yep!
https://www.facebook.com/brandon.auman.5/posts/10154050170973867?pnref=story

LOL, Brandon Auman posted a screencap of 4kids Usagi...yet Nick does nothing with the 4kids series.

TigerClaw
09-15-2016, 05:04 PM
With NYCC happening next month, What are the chances we will get our first official concept art and voice actor announced for Usagi? They gotta get a really good voice actor for him, since he's such an important character.

Ashwolf
09-15-2016, 05:19 PM
have a feeling that usagi will show up in forgotten swordsman

Ninjinister
09-15-2016, 07:29 PM

I also seem to remember from my limited exposure that he constantly would say things were "confirmed" without a shred of evidence.

Also how the hell does he even own the domain? If for some reason Mirage didn't think to grab it, Nick surely would care and would have filed a dispute.

NinjaPug
09-15-2016, 07:31 PM
This is also the same site that said Usagi was going to be in Season 3.

CyberCubed
09-15-2016, 07:45 PM
This is also the same site that said Usagi was going to be in Season 3.

Brandon Auman also posted the news on his facebook, so I doubt he would post false information.

NinjaPug
09-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Brandon Auman also posted the news on his facebook, so I doubt he would post false information.

Did I say Usagi wasn't coming? Playmates pretty much confirmed it months ago. Just pointing out that this isn't the first time that site said Usagi was going to be on the show.

Darth Knuckles
09-16-2016, 01:33 AM
I'm totally glad that we have conformation from Stan Sakai himself that Miyamoto Usagi will be in the Nick TMNT cartoon, even if we really already knew about it. Even though he is not a TMNT created character, he was always my favorite non-TMNT character in the original cartoon (or in anything TMNT related for that matter). I just hope he's treated well in the show and is indeed tied to Tiger Claw's lost tail.

TigerClaw
09-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Usagi Yojimbo is one of the worst kept secrets, we all knew from the beginning that he would show up eventually.

Andrew NDB
09-16-2016, 10:05 AM
I always assumed that Usagi was the same age at the Turtles, it was never really establish what his age actually is.

A teenager? I never assumed that for a second, but not super old either.

plastroncafe
09-16-2016, 10:27 AM
In his canon he's old enough to have been a retainer for a now defeated lord, and has been wandering the countryside as a ronin for many years.

That rules out teenager.

MikeandRaph87
09-16-2016, 10:56 AM
I thinking back to the 2003 cartoon specifically and he was a young ronin four years prior to The Big Brawl storyarc. I would imagine he is about four years older than the turtles. More experienced but youthful like his early 20s in human years.

PApagreg
09-16-2016, 11:00 AM
I just realized both Usagi and Jin from Samurai Champloo have a lot in common, dual swords, similar clothing, ronin, very honorable and basically wanderers

Timmetry
09-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Usagi is based off of the famous Miyamoto Musashi. I imagine Jin is probably also based off of him, like many other samurai characters, which explains the similarities.

BubblyShell22
09-16-2016, 08:30 PM
This is so awesome to hear that Usagi will be in the show! I have always liked him so I can't wait to see how Nick handles him.

CyberCubed
09-17-2016, 12:27 PM
Please god let's hope we get a Season 6.

*prays to God*

Lord Jebus, please give us a Season 6 and let this be our first confirmation. Please, Jebus!

I think all of Season 5 is completed already.

ToTheNines
09-17-2016, 12:50 PM
No where near completed. They just put the finishing touches on the season 4 finale last month.

midget_overlord
09-17-2016, 02:28 PM
This is so awesome to hear that Usagi will be in the show! I have always liked him so I can't wait to see how Nick handles him.

I hope he's the one responsible for tiger claw's tail, and carries it on as a trophy.

BubblyShell22
09-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Yeah, that would be cool.

And, Cubed, shouldn't you be praying to yourself since you said you worship yourself and no other gods?

CyberCubed
09-17-2016, 03:34 PM
I don't worship anything, but its a figure of speech. I pray to the multiverse.

BubblyShell22
09-18-2016, 06:54 AM
Um, okay. Whatever.

miru
09-18-2016, 06:59 PM
He's back! I can't believe it!

wpugh2424
09-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Please do usagi justice and have him be a more mature character for us

Powder
09-19-2016, 07:26 PM
I don't think we'll have anything to worry about. I'm just still hoping they got Brian Tochi to play him. :trazz:

TigerClaw
09-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Please do usagi justice and have him be a more mature character for us
I hope so too, I don't think its possible to mess up Usagi, even if it's Nickelodeon, let's hope for the best.

Powder
09-19-2016, 08:39 PM
I hope so too, I don't think its possible to mess up Usagi, even if it's Nickelodeon, let's hope for the best.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/4/48/Yomibiaowefw.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110613194038

TigerClaw
09-19-2016, 09:00 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/4/48/Yomibiaowefw.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110613194038
Fred Wolf version of Usagi was good.

M6o23CXz37M

EIy-RoObgEc

Powder
09-19-2016, 09:20 PM
You might like him, but he proves you definitely can mess him up. I'd tell you to read some of the comics & see for yourself, but...

TigerClaw
09-19-2016, 09:21 PM
You might like him, but he proves you definitely can mess him up.
If your expecting a serious take on Usagi on Nickelodeon, I really doubt it will be as serious as the 4Kids version, He'll probably be a cross between the Fred Wolf and 4Kids take, but not overly serious.

Powder
09-19-2016, 09:25 PM
It's you're, Tigerclaw. As in "you are" old enough to be my dad & should know the difference by now.

I think Nick's creative team knows better than to disrespect Stan & his character's legacy by making him goofy. I do in fact expect him to be a somewhat serious take in the vein of 4kids (which, mind you, was not that intense & still had him making some light-hearted comments), because to do otherwise would be a serious foul. They can fit humor in without it being a slight against him. It took a lotta years to coax Stan into letting them use the character, so I doubt they'd do anything to mess that relationship up.

snake
09-19-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm trusting the writers for a semi serious Usagi as well. They've proved they can do serious characters like Slash or Shredder.

wpugh2424
09-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Wonder how creative will write him into the nick series. As in how will he appear in the turtles world or vice versa
Oh .. And when ? !

PApagreg
09-19-2016, 10:07 PM
I'm trusting the writers for a semi serious Usagi as well. They've proved they can do serious characters like Slash or Shredder.

So they are going to make Miyamoto one note

Powder
09-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Wonder how creative will write him into the nick series. As in how will he appear in the turtles world or vice versa
Oh .. And when ? !

One of this season's remaining episodes is called The Forgotten Swordsman, some folks suspect that'll be his debut. A lot of people have speculated he was the one to take Tigerclaw's tail. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

So they are going to make Miyamoto one note

Oh please. Slash has shown he has a caring/fun side, & Shredder has always been solidly evil, but you're ignoring the fact he felt love for both Tang Shen & Karai.

Ashwolf
09-19-2016, 10:13 PM
One of this season's remaining episodes is called The Forgotten Swordsman, some folks suspect that'll be his debut. A lot of people have speculated he was the one to take Tigerclaw's tail. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

thats actually next season but yeah

Powder
09-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Is it? Damn, I got myself all excited for nothing. :tlol: Ah well.

wpugh2424
09-19-2016, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=Powder;1625576]One of this season's remaining episodes is called The Forgotten Swordsman, some folks suspect that'll be his debut. A lot of people have speculated he was the one to take Tigerclaw's tail. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

thats awesome! Pretty pumped about his return
Thanks for the info dude. W work and kids it can be hard to be in the know. I appreciate it.

PApagreg
09-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Oh please. Slash has shown he has a caring/fun side, & Shredder has always been solidly evil, but you're ignoring the fact he felt love for both Tang Shen & Karai.

When I said one note I mean all Shredder's goal has been killing off Splinter, give 2k3 Shredder some credit at least he was also focusing on making his empire stronger he did have a businessman sense to his character, with this Shredder its always KILL SPLINTER DEVOUR SPLINTER. Also his love for both Tang Shen and Karai doesn't really make him any less one note

wpugh2424
09-19-2016, 10:18 PM
thats actually next season but yeah

Well hell..more waiting

Powder
09-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Hey, if nothing else, we might be able to look forward to a reveal/tease at New York Comic Con next month, that's something! Maybe. :trazz:

wpugh2424
09-19-2016, 10:21 PM
True true. Keep fingers crossed for something good

Shark_Blade
09-20-2016, 05:45 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :o :teek:

Usagi!!! Finally! :tlove: Thank you God!

Vegita-San
09-20-2016, 07:27 AM
:D I can't wait to see what they do with him in the series. Hopefully, it won't be another missed opportunity like with the Neutrinos.

The Design looks OK enough, but if everyone else is any indication of characterization in this series, i'm a bit worried on how usagi will fair.

BubblyShell22
09-20-2016, 07:32 AM
I'm not worried about his character. Nickelodeon has shown they respect the franchise and I know they will handle Usagi just fine. And since this crew knows their TMNT, I'm pretty sure that after the deal was signed, they dug out their Usagi comics and started doing their homework so they know how to handle him.

TigerClaw
09-20-2016, 08:20 AM
I hope we get two episodes with Usagi, one where he's on Earth, and the others in which the Turtles go to his Dimension, Just like how they did in the 4Kids series.

Ninjinister
09-20-2016, 08:26 AM
I hope we get two episodes with Usagi, one where he's on Earth, and the others in which the Turtles go to his Dimension, Just like how they did in the 4Kids series.

PSST!

Usagi's from Earth, too

wpugh2424
09-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Love his character. Anyone ever dressed up as him for Halloween?
Disappointed me I don't have the 2k3 figure :tmad:

TigerClaw
09-20-2016, 08:38 AM
PSST!

Usagi's from Earth, too
You mean another Dimension, it looks like Earth, but I wouldn't call it Earth, since its a Dimension that's stuck in the Feudal Japan era.

Who knows what version of Usagi were getting, Could either be Feudal Japan Usagi or Space Usagi.

Remember the time when they tried to do a Space Usagi series? It never got off the ground due to another series at the time featuring a space rabbit, Called "Bucky O'Hare".

gWOvcIYd7IU

BubblyShell22
09-20-2016, 02:21 PM
I'm sure they'll probably have regular Usagi first and then they could always do a Space Usagi if they were able to or really wanted to.

Ninjinister
09-20-2016, 03:54 PM
You mean another Dimension, it looks like Earth, but I wouldn't call it Earth, since its a Dimension that's stuck in the Feudal Japan era.

There's nothing at all that suggests that Usagi's world is stuck in feudal Japan times. That just happens to be the time period in which Usagi's story takes place. The fact that he has descendants who exist in later time periods, including the very one you mention (Usagi II/Space Usagi), is pretty strong evidence that it isn't stuck in that era.

Powder
09-24-2016, 12:35 AM
Not that it needed further confirmation but Brandon did give some in Instagram today.

Anyway, Brittany Ishibashi commented some hearts on the post, making me wonder if she was cast as Tomoe Ame! Good fit, if so.

Autbot_Benz
09-24-2016, 12:46 AM
Glad Nick Turtles is giving the Movie Karai's some work after how poor they were treated in the movies

Utrommaniac
09-24-2016, 12:51 AM
When I said one note I mean all Shredder's goal has been killing off Splinter, give 2k3 Shredder some credit at least he was also focusing on making his empire stronger he did have a businessman sense to his character, with this Shredder its always KILL SPLINTER DEVOUR SPLINTER. Also his love for both Tang Shen and Karai doesn't really make him any less one note

2k3 Shredder had a vendetta against the Utroms similar to Nick Shredder against Splinter...we just never learned the full details of it. Their loves for Karai, however, were vastly different. Though 2k3 Shredder had a vastly higher body count and was more violent, I dare to say his love for Karai was slightly more genuine than Nick Shredder's.

Nick Shredder is the guy who mutated and brainwashed Karai once she discovered the truth of her origins - just for the goal of hurting Splinter. The one time 2k3 Shredder attempts real harm toward Karai is when she stops him from killing Leonardo, and she knew that was a risk. It's just as bad, but it's not out of spite.

BubblyShell22
09-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the update, Powder. I really do hope Tomoe Ame is in the show too.

ToTheNines
09-24-2016, 06:57 AM
2k3 Shredder had a vendetta against the Utroms similar to Nick Shredder against Splinter...we just never learned the full details of it. Their loves for Karai, however, were vastly different. Though 2k3 Shredder had a vastly higher body count and was more violent, I dare to say his love for Karai was slightly more genuine than Nick Shredder's.

Nick Shredder is the guy who mutated and brainwashed Karai once she discovered the truth of her origins - just for the goal of hurting Splinter. The one time 2k3 Shredder attempts real harm toward Karai is when she stops him from killing Leonardo, and she knew that was a risk. It's just as bad, but it's not out of spite.

I disagree. Ch'rell never showed any actual affection towards her, and was willing to destroy the multiverse, with her in it, despite her plea.

At the very least, Nick Shredder loves Karai for being Shen's daughter.

PApagreg
09-24-2016, 08:52 AM

Still though 2k3 Shredder at least showed he was more than some brute who would kill the turtles, there was numerous of examples where he had a longsightedness to him that I could never see the 2k12 Shredder having seriously at least he tried to have Leonardo on the Foot's side.

I disagree. Ch'rell never showed any actual affection towards her, and was willing to destroy the multiverse, with her in it, despite her plea.

At the very least, Nick Shredder loves Karai for being Shen's daughter.

Also didn't Nick Shredder sacrifice the his entire world including his daughter just to kill Splinter

ToTheNines
09-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Also didn't Nick Shredder sacrifice the his entire world including his daughter just to kill Splinter

Good point. However, that was in the heat of the moment. Plus Karai wasn't right there literally begging him to not go through with it.

Utrommaniac
09-24-2016, 09:44 AM
I've seen somewhere that Mr. Laird said Ch'rell does love Karai "just not in the way she wants". Both Shredders have stunted capability for love, but I think Ch'rell's was just slightly more genuine - or at the very least, he valued her more genuinely.

But yeah, neither one of them would put massive destruction on hold for Karai. Though...Ch'rell did seem to listen to what Karai had to say, and seemed to consider her pleas, but stopped once his ego popped back. (Unrelated, between being melted from ice, "over cooked", gassed, and thrown back into unconsciousness, I like to think that he wasn't entirely well. Ch'rell doesn't seem like the type who would sacrifice his own existence to eliminate an enemy, so he wasn't in his right mind).

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 11:52 AM
I just saw Auman's instagram that confirms it! I'm excited to see how he'll interact with Leo and whether or not he'll be revealed as the rival who cut off Tiger Claw's tail!

CyberCubed
09-30-2016, 12:16 PM
I still want to know if he's confirmed for Season 5. If not, that means a Season 6 is coming.

Did they specifically say he's appearing in Season 5?

Vicky82
09-30-2016, 12:19 PM
I still want to know if he's confirmed for Season 5. If not, that means a Season 6 is coming.

Did they specifically say he's appearing in Season 5?

Don't know yet. I expect we will find out at TMNT panel next week.

CyberCubed
09-30-2016, 12:25 PM
I hope all of Season 5 has already been finished before they got the rights to use Usagi. That means he will be in Season 6.

BubblyShell22
09-30-2016, 12:56 PM
It hasn't been confirmed, but it could be that he will be in season five. Hopefully they'll say something at the con.

Vicky82
09-30-2016, 01:13 PM
It really depends when Stan Sakai signed the deal because if it was for season 5, he would have had to sign the deal before June 2015 because that's when Brandon said on Instagram that he was thinking of new stories.

If it was recently then it would be for season 6 because they finished voice recordings for season 5 over a month now

CyberCubed
09-30-2016, 01:45 PM
I hope to god its for Season 6.

A TMNT cartoon ending at only 124 episodes and 5 seasons just isn't right.

TigerClaw
09-30-2016, 02:22 PM
It really depends when Stan Sakai signed the deal because if it was for season 5, he would have had to sign the deal before June 2015 because that's when Brandon said on Instagram that he was thinking of new stories.

If it was recently then it would be for season 6 because they finished voice recordings for season 5 over a month now
Season 5 will deal with mystical elements, Usagi fits the whole thing perfectly for it.

Vicky82
09-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Season 5 will deal with mystical elements, Usagi fits the whole thing perfectly for it.

Nothing has been confirmed for season 5 yet, we are just assuming they are dealing with mystical elements because of the instagram posts. Yeah they maybe dealing with Demodragon, Dracula/Vampires and a possible return of Ho Chan but it could end being something completely different to what everyone is thinking.

TigerClaw
09-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Nothing has been confirmed for season 5 yet, we are just assuming they are dealing with mystical elements because of the instagram posts. Yeah they maybe dealing with Demodragon, Dracula/Vampires and a possible return of Ho Chan but it could end being something completely different to what everyone is thinking.
Next week is NYCC, I'm sure we will get plenty of info from the Nick TMNT Panel.

biganimefan
09-30-2016, 02:44 PM

Would you be satisfied with the show ending at the end of season 6 with 150 episodes?

TigerClaw
09-30-2016, 02:48 PM

I would like this show to continue on and on, the Fred Wolf series holds the record for 10 Seasons, It would be nice if a TMNT show can match that.

BubblyShell22
09-30-2016, 05:24 PM
I would like for it to continue also, but it depends on how much they want to tell and if they are able to. If it ends at season five, then that's that. 124 episodes isn't really that bad when you think about it. That's actually a pretty good number.

LS Animation
10-03-2016, 01:33 AM
All I know is Playmates better make that figure quick once he makes an appearance. I don't want to wait years for Usagi's figure just like we had to wait for Human Karai...

Leofan26
11-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Who knows what version of Usagi were getting, Could either be Feudal Japan Usagi or Space Usagi.

Remember the time when they tried to do a Space Usagi series? It never got off the ground due to another series at the time featuring a space rabbit, Called "Bucky O'Hare".

Space Usagi wouldn't make much sense now in my opinion, if they had done it during season four it would have but...

I hope they just do Feudal Japan Usagi, I loved his character in 4kids version :D

Vundi
11-02-2016, 05:04 PM

It was news to me. Don't assume that because it's old news to you that it isn't new news for someone else.

TurtleTitan97
11-02-2016, 05:08 PM
You do realize you're responding to a comment from 2 months ago, right?

Powder
11-02-2016, 08:04 PM
It was news to me. Don't assume that because it's old news to you that it isn't new news for someone else.

I only just saw Evil Dead 2 for the first time on Halloween. Doesn't mean it was new just because it was new to me.

But yeah, you go ahead & play hero with an old post of mine, soldier. :tlol:

Bry
11-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Hell, I haven't really kept up with this either, so I'll jump on the "old" post too! :tgrin:

Oh shoot, that's Jei! I never expected to see Jei included in a kids' cartoon, much less a toy line, so that's pretty interesting.

Also, it looks like a flipped copy of this image, or likely a re-drawn version:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationscomic/uy/Jei-Keiko.png

Gives me hope they're doing their homework here.

Powder
11-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Based on that alone I'm figuring this will be the best non-comic UY X TMNT to date.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Shoot, I haven't really kept up with this either, so I'll jump on the "old" post too! :tgrin:

Oh shoot, that's Jei! I never expected to see Jei included in a kids' cartoon, much less a toy line, so that's pretty interesting.

Oh DAMN! Jei is amazing. Love that character!

TurtleTitan97
11-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Shoot, I haven't really kept up with this either, so I'll jump on the "old" post too! :tgrin:

Oh man, I love me some Jei. I have his issue debut lying somewhere in my house. One of these days I really need to dig out my comic collection again.

Edit: Found it! And it's still in good condition!

Bry
11-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Based on that alone I'm figuring this will be the best non-comic UY X TMNT to date.

Considering the show's preference for horror-themed stuff, Jei is a potentially incredible choice for a crossover villain.

Shark_Blade
11-03-2016, 03:29 AM
So when's the release date?

I like that they're sticking with Usagi's normal design (like 2k3 and the UY comic). No idea who's that Jei, I know Usagi has a rhino friend though.

Powder
11-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Nothin' yet.

Jei is sort of an infamous villain in the UY series, a demon.

CyberCubed
11-04-2016, 04:30 PM
I'd love to see Usagi have a long stay similar to Fugitoid in Season 4.

I imagine we'll see him for at least 5 episodes. They'll want to make the most of him due to the licensing deals and going through the trouble to get to use him.