PDA

View Full Version : NECA tube set question

shredmiester
09-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone. I have what I believe to be a legit set of TMNT figures in the tube packaging.

These were bought from a seller in the states and the previous owner paid a lot of money for them. The shells are more green than blue on these and the green on the skin looks as bright as the legit NECA figures that I've seen online with no bluish discolouration.

My only problem is that, the front shells aren't made of rubbery plastic.

Can someone who owns a tube set bought in the states confirm if this is the case with perhaps a later run of the tube sets?

Candy Kappa
09-19-2016, 03:06 PM
If the plastron is not made out of rubber, you might have a bootleg set on your hands. The rubber plastron is there to not hinder the ab-crunch articulation.

Redemption
09-19-2016, 03:09 PM
I thought all the tube sets were bootleg.

shredmiester
09-19-2016, 03:11 PM
If the plastron is not made out of rubber, you might have a bootleg set on your hands. The rubber plastron is there to not hinder the ab-crunch articulation.

Thanks for the input. Do you know if bootleg sets were sold in the states at some point?

go_ninja84
09-19-2016, 03:14 PM
its very easy to get a set from the states chances are somebody from the states resold them.
do you have any proof of what the previous owner paid?

hopefully it wasn't gammas_collectibles_boutique on ebay with his stupid story

coreyrc87
09-19-2016, 03:17 PM

I thought so too. Mine are from tubes and most definitely fake, but even the fakes are better than anything Playmates does, and I got them for like $30 total (and at the time didn't know there were even fakes out there), so I'm not really complaining.

shredmiester
09-19-2016, 03:18 PM
its very easy to get a set from the states chances are somebody from the states resold them.
do you have any proof of what the previous owner paid?

hopefully it wasn't gammas_collectibles_boutique on ebay with his stupid story

Quite possible that. I'll have to look into this. I paid this guy about 170 USD :\ for this set. i'll ask him for the proof of purchase.

What's this ebayer's story?

go_ninja84
09-19-2016, 03:27 PM
What's this ebayer's story?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Neca-TMNT-Lot-Rare-Red-Headbands-Authentic-NECA-Release-US-seller-/351824882290?hash=item51ea65aa72:g:qNcAAOSwhh5Tpdu 0

give it a read

Candy Kappa
09-19-2016, 03:34 PM

No, there where legit tube Turtles released by NECA. But at this point it's like a needle in the haystack since some bootlegs are near-prefect recreations down to the package printing.

shredmiester
09-19-2016, 03:35 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Neca-TMNT-Lot-Rare-Red-Headbands-Authentic-NECA-Release-US-seller-/351824882290?hash=item51ea65aa72:g:qNcAAOSwhh5Tpdu 0

give it a read

Just did. Hmm so this guy is selling a bootleg set you reckon?

shredmiester
09-19-2016, 03:36 PM
No, there where legit tube Turtles released by NECA. But at this point it's like a needle in the haystack since some bootlegs are near-prefect recreations down to the package printing.

Yes but there are some differences like darker paint and also the shoulder peg holes being larger on the later bootlegs.

go_ninja84
09-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Just did. Hmm so this guy is selling a bootleg set you reckon?
well like Candy Kappa said its very difficult to find them. i just play it safe and look for clamshell packaging or box sets

shredmiester
09-19-2016, 03:49 PM
well like Candy Kappa said its very difficult to find them. i just play it safe and look for clamshell packaging or box sets

Damn my bad luck I suppose

shredmiester
09-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Also this thread is what got me thinking about posting about my set

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40316&page=2

VaughnMichael
09-20-2016, 01:32 PM
If it's not rubbery it's a bootleg.
Like others have stated NECA did indeed release tube sets.
It's gotten very annoying on other toy pages telling people this as they refuse to believe me.

TheMasterTurtle
09-20-2016, 02:01 PM
Yeah 100% the legit tubes exist, I own them and got them immediately after release. Months before the bootlegs started

VaughnMichael
09-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Yeah 100% the legit tubes exist, I own them and got them immediately after release. Months before the bootlegs started
Same and like an idiot I used many of them for customs like the ones shown in my banner.

shredmiester
09-20-2016, 04:28 PM

Oh cool! could you post some pics here? also are the plastrons flexible on yours?

shredmiester
09-20-2016, 04:29 PM
If it's not rubbery it's a bootleg.
Like others have stated NECA did indeed release tube sets.
It's gotten very annoying on other toy pages telling people this as they refuse to believe me.

Yeah I'm aware. Just trying to confirm whether what I have is a legit set or a bootleg:)

Candy Kappa
09-20-2016, 04:38 PM
I think you've gotten your answer dude. If the plastron isn't rubbery, it's a bootleg.

shredmiester
09-21-2016, 04:50 AM
I think you've gotten your answer dude. If the plastron isn't rubbery, it's a bootleg.

Yeah I get that but what still confuses me is reviews like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TF5NuP5nhg

I'm sure he din't get one off of a chinese seller yet his plastrons aren't flexible and neither are the bandanas:ohwell: . Check the part where he shows the articulation and tries to move the leg forward.

mikeyatemypizza
09-21-2016, 07:40 AM
I don't see the confusion, he got them off eBay for a really good price.

shredmiester
09-21-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't see the confusion, he got them off eBay for a really good price.

Yeah and they came in tubes. The plastrons and bandanas aren't rubbery on his either just like mine. So are those bootlegs too? That's what i'm wondering

Discogod
09-21-2016, 09:57 AM
If the plastrons are rigid, they're bootleg. All the NECA figures, whether it was in the box sets, clamshells or tubes had flexible plastrons.