PDA

View Full Version : Yoda’s Jedi History to Be Revealed in Star Wars Comic

The Deadman
09-19-2016, 09:03 PM
http://411mania.com/movies/yodas-jedi-history-to-be-revealed-in-star-wars-comic/

Yoda’s history before his days as a Jedi Master will be revealed in an upcoming story arc of the Star Wars comic book. Writer Jason Aron spoke with StarWars.com about the arc, which begins in episode #26 and will see Luke Skywalker discover a journal entry from Obi-Wan that discusses the Jedi Master’s history.

“You know, we’ve seen Yoda as the teacher, as the wise Jedi Master, but I wanted to see Yoda just as the Jedi,” Aaron said. “So this puts him on a very unusual adventure.”

The episode is set not too far before the events of Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace as there are brief appearances from Qui-Gon and a young Obi-Wan. Aaron said that they had a tricky task to come up with an antagonist for Yoda but thinks they found “an interesting answer to that question.”

myconius
09-28-2016, 09:46 PM
http://411mania.com/movies/yodas-jedi-history-to-be-revealed-in-star-wars-comic/

very dangerous trying to 'tack-on' an origin to a well established character.

the results usually never turn out all that good.

sdp
10-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Yoda's backstory was a banned topic to make books/comics/etc about when George Lucas was around for that simple reason. He even regretted having another of the species in Episode I.

snake
10-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Guys, this is like 20 years before TPM, not Yoda's backstory.

sdp
10-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Did you not read the link? "We've never seen him before like this", "Before he was a Jedi Master", "Young Obi Wan and Qui Gon". They've already ruined his character enough in The Clone Wars show and Episode III and Ep. II to an extent. I could've dealt with Ep.II as a one off thing but it later became the norm.

snake
10-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Did you not read the link? "We've never seen him before like this", "Before he was a Jedi Master", "Young Obi Wan and Qui Gon". They've already ruined his character enough in The Clone Wars show and Episode III and Ep. II to an extent. I could've dealt with Ep.II as a one off thing but it later became the norm.

Young Obi Wan and Qui Gon would be around 20-25 years before TPM. I'm gonna make an assumption and say that Yoda has been a jedi for hundreds of years, just not a grand master. This won't take away the mystery behind him. If anything, Clone Wars fixed Yoda with the Force Quest arc. What the prequels did to Yoda is unforgivable though.

sdp
10-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Young Obi Wan and Qui Gon would be around 20-25 years before TPM. I'm gonna make an assumption and say that Yoda has been a jedi for hundreds of years, just not a grand master. This won't take away the mystery behind him. If anything, Clone Wars fixed Yoda with the Force Quest arc. What the prequels did to Yoda is unforgivable though.

Even worse, Yoda has been a grand master for only a few years? It takes a lot from his character. The Clone Wars didn't fix Yoda it made him worse than the way he was treated in the prequels. Only Episode I did a good job with Yoda and I totally prefer puppet yoda over CG yoda in EpI. Episode II it was a cool moment when I saw it on theaters but after the novelty wore off it felt like the wrong decision if it had been the only scene of him doing this maybe it could've gotten a pass but the fact he kept jumping like a monkey in Ep III and then TCW only made it much worse. Definitely the wrong decision to show too more of Yoda.

snake
10-04-2016, 05:05 AM
Even worse, Yoda has been a grand master for only a few years? It takes a lot from his character. The Clone Wars didn't fix Yoda it made him worse than the way he was treated in the prequels. Only Episode I did a good job with Yoda and I totally prefer puppet yoda over CG yoda in EpI. Episode II it was a cool moment when I saw it on theaters but after the novelty wore off it felt like the wrong decision if it had been the only scene of him doing this maybe it could've gotten a pass but the fact he kept jumping like a monkey in Ep III and then TCW only made it much worse. Definitely the wrong decision to show too more of Yoda.

Eh I see your point. But yeah, that's weird how Yoda only was a grand master for maybe 35 years before ROTS.