PDA

View Full Version : The Judith Hoag scene

thundermaster612
09-20-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed else in this section (haven't poked in it much lately) but the alleged recorded scene with Judith Hoag has been released and its quite interesting. It is, in fact, a deleted scene and she appears to play someone named Rita. There's also a funny quote in there "You and I, we're basically the same person." Anyways enough of me babbling. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDN-CCiE9I

Autbot_Benz
09-20-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed else in this section (haven't poked in it much lately) but the alleged recorded scene with Judith Hoag has been released and its quite interesting. It is, in fact, a deleted scene and she appears to play someone named Rita. There's also a funny quote in there "You and I, we're basically the same person." Anyways enough of me babbling. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDN-CCiE9I

already been posted and discussed http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56335

Coola Yagami
10-06-2016, 09:51 AM
I never saw the scene so I'm glad he posted it. Too bad they cut it but I hope Judith still got paid. I like how her hair kinda sorta resembles toon april.

Why did they waste time making Megan almost turn down the position when everyone knows April is supposed to be a tv news reporter. Just make her take the job outright. Can't even get that right.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Hoag was definitely paid.
Her performance really was in juxtaposition to Fox's. Hoag sounded compelling and Fox was plastic, as usual.

Andrew NDB
10-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Too bad they cut it but I hope Judith still got paid.

It'd be absurd to think she wouldn't. Even if an actor or actress was dumb enough to sign an agreement that would make their whole compensation contingent on whether or not the scenes they're in make it into the final movie (an agreement that hasn't existed in any movie, ever), the guild wouldn't allow that and would demand the base pay rules be enforced.

Candy Kappa
10-06-2016, 12:25 PM
The scene was pretty pointless to the... plot of the movie, so I see why it got cut. But, damn Hoag can act, she stole the whole scene and had so much flair and charisma compared to Fox, who is as wooden as a log of timber.

IndigoErth
10-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Dear god, Fake Wooden April, why would you ever want a promotion?? Run girl! Before success catches up with you!

Why couldn't they have just gotten Hoag to play April... *sigh* I know, Hollyweird, it's her age probably, but she could still clearly pull it off. Though she'd probably be and appear too dignified for school girl uniform scenes and it might have ruined Mikey's potential sexual predator shtick in the first one, by hey, maybe people could have lived without those elements. Certainly no gaping plot holes to worry about.

Andrew NDB
10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Why couldn't they have just gotten Hoag to play April...

Why on earth would you wish something like that on her?

IndigoErth
10-06-2016, 01:51 PM
True, my bad, what was I thinking.

Then again, it was her choice to freely agree to stick her feet in the cesspool of the Bay film brand...

TheSkeletonMan939
10-06-2016, 01:59 PM
It was probably a bit of fun for her to connect with the TMNT brand again. Who knows?

IndigoErth
10-06-2016, 02:51 PM
My assumption too. Surely it was. Just wish she'd interacted with them.

If there was somehow an unlikely third... that needs to be a must. Perhaps make her someone who works in that police station and is the Turtles' main contact for it.

turtlefanforever
10-06-2016, 05:06 PM
this movie was worse than the 4th halloween town. she has now personally taken part in the destruction of each franchise

thundermaster612
10-06-2016, 05:43 PM
it might have ruined Mikey's potential sexual predator shtick

:tlol:
I still like how people call Mikey from the first movie a sexual predator

Also it looks like this thread is going downhill already, gosh, this section really needs a cleanup

Coola Yagami
10-06-2016, 10:03 PM
:tlol:
I still like how people call Mikey from the first movie a sexual predator

Also it looks like this thread is going downhill already, gosh, this section really needs a cleanup

Well mikey did get kind of a free pass cause he's a talking turtle and Megan just shrugged off everything he said. But you have to admit if he was human and said he could feel his pants tightening in front of her, it would be very creepy.

Candy Kappa
10-07-2016, 02:39 AM
"Pants tightening" Mikey that wants adult conversations with April. Guy's a f*cking creep

Coola Yagami
10-07-2016, 05:22 AM
"Pants tightening" Mikey that wants adult conversations with April. Guy's a f*cking creep

And of course were supposed to laugh and be like 'd'awwwww, that's our mikey!'

Garfield
10-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Damn! Judith Hoag looks hot in that. A professional woman. I like that.

Andrew NDB
10-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Damn! Judith Hoag looks hot in that. A professional woman. I like that.

Is it weird that she looks even more attractive to me now than she did in 1990?

Spike Spiegel
10-07-2016, 10:08 AM

Nope, not at all.

It's interesting that a veteran actress who's pushing fifty and wearing a relatively modest business suit comes across as more charismatic and attractive than a current Hollyweird starlet with loads of plastic surgery and whose performance, wardrobe, and presence in the film is seemingly centered around her supposed appeal to the teenage male audience.

IndigoErth
10-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Hollywood just isn't what it used to be I guess. :ohwell: Gone from old time glamour (which to be fair I find silly anyhow), dwindled down to at least still some standard of sophistication and professionalism, to what now...? Next stop, replacing actresses like Fox with mannequins they use for stop motion capture? (At that point the Turtles would not be the most fictional part of a live action film.) And after that...cardboard cutouts?

Don't forget when Raph asked why they were still there, Leo says "she may have a head injury" and Mikey responds, "Correction, a hot chick with a head injury." Because that totally couldn't be taken as a potential college frat post-party news headline...no way.

thundermaster612
10-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Hollywood just isn't what it used to be I guess. :ohwell: Gone from old time glamour (which to be fair I find silly anyhow), dwindled down to at least still some standard of sophistication and professionalism, to what now...? Next stop, replacing actresses like Fox with mannequins they use for stop motion capture? (At that point the Turtles would not be the most fictional part of a live action film.) And after that...cardboard cutouts?

Don't forget when Raph asked why they were still there, Leo says "she may have a head injury" and Mikey responds, "Correction, a hot chick with a head injury." Because that totally couldn't be taken as a potential college frat post-party news headline...no way.

Ohhh! I never was able to figure out what they were saying in that part. I only heard Mikey say "She's a hot chick, a hot chick." Probably because April's hearing was blurry during that part

IndigoErth
10-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Yeah, that part isn't the easiest to hear right. Took me a few viewings of that clip to figure it out. That, and what Raph had said.

Garfield
10-14-2016, 09:28 AM

Not at all. After all these years, she holds herself well. She's a handsome woman.