PDA

View Full Version : December 2016 Solicitations

AlZarkovski
09-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #65

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT65-cvr-MOCKONLY.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT65-cvrSUB-MOCKONLY.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)

Michelangelo is determined to lift everyone’s spirits with a holiday party. When some unexpected guests show up, the party threatens to grow out of control… and blow the Turtles’ cover!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #5

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT-Universe05-cvrA.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT-Universe05-cvrRI.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT-Universe05-cvrSUB.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop

Chris Mowry, Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz (w) • Michael Dialynas, Bill Sienkiewicz (a) • Freddie Williams (c)

Old Hob is on the hunt for his newest recruit… Leatherhead! The dangerous gator has other ideas though and a battle of the minds soon turns violent!

FC • 40 pages • $4.99

BATMAN/TMNT Adventures #2 (of 5)

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNTBatman-02-cvr-MOCK.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNTBatman-02-cvrSUB-MOCK.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Jon Sommariva (a & c)

The Joker and Harley Quinn escape Arkham Asylum and make their way to the TMNT’s NYC where they meet none other than the Shredder! Meanwhile, will Batman, Robin, and Batgirl be able to form a truce with the Turtles?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Full Solicitations here: http://www.cbr.com/locke-key-returns-more-tmntbatman-in-idws-dec-2016-solicits/

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Old Hob versus Leatherhead!?

Sign me the hell up!!!! :tgrin:

Utrommaniac
09-21-2016, 09:17 AM
kYdp98k-Bic

Christmas spinning out of control and Hob trying to catch a big fish! I love it!

ChosenOne
09-21-2016, 09:36 AM
Haha! Oh man, Hob is so toast! :lol:

Shaping up to be a great TMNT Christmas, folks!

Utrommaniac
09-21-2016, 09:47 AM
Okay, but the "Mikey was here" sticker on the wall (boy has impeccable handwriting)

Someone please get that belt off Leatherhead; his pants are probably fused to his skin by now.

2K3
09-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Old Hob... and Leatherhead!!!

Well that's a recipe for disaster..... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Old Hob... and Leatherhead!!!

Well that's a recipe for disaster..... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Hob wants to protect and unite mutants... Leatherhead hates mutants and thinks they shouldn't exist...

Man oh man. :teek:

neatoman
09-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Harley's butt is dangerously close to April's face.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Harley's butt is dangerously close to April's face.

Don't go CyberCubed on us, mate. :tlol:

neatoman
09-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Don't go CyberCubed on us, mate. :tlol:

If you're wondering if I'm going to say that Harley should give April a surprise smooch to grab the Joker's attention or something, don't worry, I'm just stating facts... :lol:

CyberCubed
09-21-2016, 11:33 AM
Man, the Nick Batman crossover is looking really good. I'm also glad its going in a totally different direction than the IDW one.

Also really happy to see Leatherhead back so soon. TMNT Universe is a blessing so all these characters aren't forgotten.

The Happy One
09-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Wow, incredibly stoked for December :D

Looks like Mikey's arc and the Street Phantoms will close after the holiday special??? Even more exciting is Hob and Leatherhead!

MikeandRaph87
09-21-2016, 04:04 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #65

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT65-cvr-MOCKONLY.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT65-cvrSUB-MOCKONLY.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)

Michelangelo is determined to lift everyone’s spirits with a holiday party. When some unexpected guests show up, the party threatens to grow out of control… and blow the Turtles’ cover!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #5

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT-Universe05-cvrA.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT-Universe05-cvrRI.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNT-Universe05-cvrSUB.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop

Chris Mowry, Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz (w) • Michael Dialynas, Bill Sienkiewicz (a) • Freddie Williams (c)

Old Hob is on the hunt for his newest recruit… Leatherhead! The dangerous gator has other ideas though and a battle of the minds soon turns violent!

FC • 40 pages • $4.99

BATMAN/TMNT Adventures #2 (of 5)

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNTBatman-02-cvr-MOCK.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop
http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/TMNTBatman-02-cvrSUB-MOCK.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=1050&h=1593&fit=crop

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Jon Sommariva (a & c)

The Joker and Harley Quinn escape Arkham Asylum and make their way to the TMNT’s NYC where they meet none other than the Shredder! Meanwhile, will Batman, Robin, and Batgirl be able to form a truce with the Turtles?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Full Solicitations here: http://www.cbr.com/locke-key-returns-more-tmntbatman-in-idws-dec-2016-solicits/

Is this Batman:TAS with Dick Grayson as Robin? Or is it the cartoonish designs and the Tim Drake/ Jason Todd hybrid replacement?.

We now know how Leatherhead will be followed up on and its not unexpected.

Also, its awesome to have a Christmas story other than Michelangelo micro issue as the only one. Sure, rhev2003 cartoon had an episode but the Michelangelo ussue was the basis of it.

CyberCubed
09-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Is this Batman:TAS with Dick Grayson as Robin? Or is it the cartoonish designs and the Tim Drake/ Jason Todd hybrid replacement?..

Its likely Tim Drake Robin, since it mentions Batgirl. They'll probably use the TNBA designs.

MikeandRaph87
09-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Dick wore Tim's first of two Robin costumes in Batman:TAS as Robin and Tim wore red pants opposed to the dark green ones. The designs look like the original animated series not the WB! season as seen with Joker,Scarecrow, and Poison Ivy. It suggest Dick Grayson is Robin, but it could be a general depiction not a straight up Batman: TAS setting or Batman:TAS WB! season so it could have the Tim/Jason hybrid with the other elements of Dick's run.

wpugh2424
09-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Wow, incredibly stoked for December :D

Looks like Mikey's arc and the Street Phantoms will close after the holiday special??? Even more exciting is Hob and Leatherhead!

Same here
The art is awesome

Powder
09-21-2016, 08:27 PM
That Eastman X-mas cover is easily one of my new favorites, how charming!

The TMNT/Batman variant, however, yikes.

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 09:51 AM
http://67.media.tumblr.com/6e488901b491d262e5fde811e2b54cdb/tumblr_obysy7oUDZ1rwxz28o1_r3_500.gif

ProphetofGanja
09-23-2016, 11:48 AM
http://67.media.tumblr.com/6e488901b491d262e5fde811e2b54cdb/tumblr_obysy7oUDZ1rwxz28o1_r3_500.gif

that's dope

ToTheNines
09-24-2016, 07:26 AM
I just realized that this will most likely be Pepperoni's debut in the ongoing. It'll be cool to have her around the lair now.

neatoman
09-24-2016, 09:24 AM
So does Hob have a mutagen gun?

ToTheNines
09-24-2016, 09:35 AM
It's the RI cover, so ya never know how seriously to take their implications.

Utrommaniac
09-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Also, its awesome to have a Christmas story other than Michelangelo micro issue as the only one. Sure, rhev2003 cartoon had an episode but the Michelangelo ussue was the basis of it.
Is it just me, or is Michelangelo the heart of these holiday stories?
Is he just the holiday turtle? Will there ever be a time to say "How Rapahel Stole Michelangelo's Holiday Thunder"?

I just realized that this will most likely be Pepperoni's debut in the ongoing. It'll be cool to have her around the lair now.
I really hope so! That would be pretty great.

ToTheNines
09-24-2016, 10:07 AM
Is it just me, or is Michelangelo the heart of these holiday stories?
Is he just the holiday turtle? Will there ever be a time to say "How Rapahel Stole Michelangelo's Holiday Thunder"?

This one comes to mind: http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-carol.html?m=1

There's a good handful of Mirage Christmas stories that don't have much to do with Mikey.

CyberCubed
09-24-2016, 11:29 AM
Leatherhead always winds up joining the Mutanimals in other series but I'd like to see him wind up at odds with Hob here. Kind of telling though Slash quit the Mutanimals just recently...and now Leatherhead arrives. Can't have two very similar big reptile mutants with huge tempers on the same team...even though the Nick cartoon did it.

Utrommaniac
09-24-2016, 12:38 PM
It is interesting how different Slash and Leatherhead are with their violent outbursts. The biggest difference is that Leatherhead is more controlled than Slash, and never truly "loses it".

A fight between controlled Leatherhead and unchained Slash would be quite the situation to behold.

Redeemer
09-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Is anyone else besides me more excited for the "Universe" issues than the ongoing series????

Utrommaniac
09-25-2016, 08:34 PM
I just realized the Chet Drop on the Eastman cover for #65 :D . Not sure if we've had one in IDW yet. Or I just haven't paid attention to look for one

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Is anyone else besides me more excited for the "Universe" issues than the ongoing series????

That might be because Bishop, Leatherhead, and Hob are all a lot more interesting than Dunn (at least so far), the woman inventor, and so forth.

Just like the Leatherhead/Utrom stuff was awesome when it was in the main ongoing. Although Splinter slowly going power crazy is awesome in the main ongoing.

Redeemer
09-25-2016, 09:28 PM
That might be because Bishop, Leatherhead, and Hob are all a lot more interesting than Dunn (at least so far), the woman inventor, and so forth.

Just like the Leatherhead/Utrom stuff was awesome when it was in the main ongoing. Although Splinter slowly going power crazy is awesome in the main ongoing.

Honestly I have noticed my interesting in the ongoing slowly fading. I still pick up every issue, but ever sense "City Fall" arc I have been losing interest. City fall simply did not live up to expectation for me at least.

Utrommaniac
09-25-2016, 09:29 PM
I'm going to just call Dunn the "tea and a nap" villain; while important stuff is going on, he'll be an easy antagonist to go through before something gets splattered on the wall again.

Likely because of Ch'rell (at Krang's side???), Leatherhead again, Stockman, and Kitsune.

Redeemer
09-25-2016, 09:51 PM
I'm going to just call Dunn the "tea and a nap" villain; while important stuff is going on, he'll be an easy antagonist to go through before something gets splattered on the wall again.

Likely because of Ch'rell (at Krang's side???), Leatherhead again, Stockman, and Kitsune.

I'm wondering if Ch'rell will take on the mantle of the shredder like in 2k3.

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Well to be fair Dun can't possibly compare to popular TMNT villains like Shredder, Krang, Bishop, Hun, Baxter, Old Hob, Leatherhead, Rat King, Kitsune, various mutants, etc. in the first place.

I know its too early to say much about IDW's Dun since we're in the very early stages of his character, but there's not as much excitement as there is about the main TMNT villains.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Honestly I have noticed my interesting in the ongoing slowly fading. I still pick up every issue, but ever sense "City Fall" arc I have been losing interest. City fall simply did not live up to expectation for me at least.

DUDE. What about "Attack on Technodrome", "New Mutant Order", and "Vengeance"? "Leatherhead?"

Redeemer
09-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Well to be fair Dun can't possibly compare to popular TMNT villains like Shredder, Krang, Bishop, Hun, Baxter, Old Hob, Leatherhead, Rat King, Kitsune, various mutants, etc. in the first place.

I know its too early to say much about IDW's Dun since we're in the very early stages of his character, but there's not as much excitement as there is about the main TMNT villains.

That doesn't matter imo. I mean you just used put Hun on a different level when Hun and Dunn came out from the same series/time.

After seeing what an amazing character they have turned Rat King and Krang into, They just flat out dropped the ball with Dunn.
They could have done so much more with the character such make him a time traveler from the future that came back to kill the turtles... or something..... damn he is a generic villain if I ever saw one....

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 10:15 PM
We've only seen Dun properly for one issue so far, before that was just snippets. I love the Street Phantoms as a gang, much more than The Savate.

Ninjinister
09-25-2016, 10:44 PM
I just realized the Chet Drop on the Eastman cover for #65 :D . Not sure if we've had one in IDW yet. Or I just haven't paid attention to look for one

You mean other than a prominent character using it as an alias?

Utrommaniac
09-25-2016, 10:45 PM
I almost want to think that Dunn is deliberately less exciting. He wouldn't stand a chance against the other villains, but he also wouldn't be much of a threat to them. But, we'll see what happens in the next few issues. I'm more interested in Honeycutt's repairs. Which makes me wonder how long Ma'riell was going to wait to have her meeting about releasing Ch'rell. Was she going to do it with Honeycutt around? Since the machinery was damaged, she'd have limited time, unless they're using less power with keeping Ch'rell in stasis. Moreover, would she want Honeycutt there to explain Krang's imprisonment, since he's technically the one that brought him in?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
That doesn't matter imo. I mean you just used put Hun on a different level when Hun and Dunn came out from the same series/time.

After seeing what an amazing character they have turned Rat King and Krang into, They just flat out dropped the ball with Dunn.
They could have done so much more with the character such make him a time traveler from the future that came back to kill the turtles... or something..... damn he is a generic villain if I ever saw one....

I wouldn't say so. Not every villain has to be the next big bad. Dun's purpose is not to be a big bad, but to be an antagonist at a time when the most interesting focus of the series is not the villain, but the growing divide between the Turtles and Splinter's leadership of the Foot.

Think about it analytically. If IDW WAS using a more compelling villain right now, it'd overshadow that Turtles/Splinter conflict and we'd all complain about it. Just like how Donatello's Metalhead crisis was completely overshadowed by the Vengeance storyline.

We've only seen Dun properly for one issue so far, before that was just snippets. I love the Street Phantoms as a gang, much more than The Savate.

The Savate SUCKED. Street Phantoms are great.

CyberCubed
09-26-2016, 03:54 PM
I think its kinda odd to use Dunn if he's not from the future or related to Casey. It seems like he's only here to be connected to Jammerhead/The Street Phantoms as another Fast Forward character. They could have used anyone else or an original character then.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-26-2016, 03:56 PM
I think its kinda odd to use Dunn if he's not from the future or related to Casey. It seems like he's only here to be connected to Jammerhead/The Street Phantoms as another Fast Forward character. They could have used anyone else or an original character then.

I'm assuming that IDW first decided to use the Street Phantoms as the rival gang for the Foot, and then decided to pick a second Fast Forward character to lead the gang.

Slim pickings, man. Be grateful a nobody like Darius Dunn ever got a second chance.

Tardigrade
09-26-2016, 05:10 PM

The foot clan translate to "Le clan de la savate" in the 1990' tmnt movies and I think in almost everything that was translate regarding the franchise in those years (Shredder was also translate to "le déchiqueteur" in at least the first movie). Their introduction was kind of nostalgic, at least for french people in Quebec.

bushido
09-26-2016, 08:25 PM
The foot clan translate to "Le clan de la savate" in the 1990' tmnt movies and I think in almost everything that was translate regarding the franchise in those years (Shredder was also translate to "le déchiqueteur" in at least the first movie). Their introduction was kind of nostalgic, at least for french people in Quebec.

This french canadian dubbing is awful. :tmad: When they released the DVD in France, we had this dubbing instead of the original french dubbing. Probably because the original french dubbing was full of swearing, don't know why they translated the dialogues like that but it was fun. For example, when Casey called Raph a "freak" after their fight in Central Park, they translated it by a homophobic slur. Don't know what they thought at the time...:trolleye:

MikeandRaph87
09-26-2016, 08:32 PM
The Savate didn't suck necessarily. I feel of all the characters they never got proper exploration and were created to simply be fodder for The Foot to show how imitating the clan can be. They could have sucked if given more time,but being a new angle without any expectations I appreciated it.

myconius
09-26-2016, 08:34 PM
The Savate SUCKED.

the Savate did have their good points.
they made excellent punching bags. :lol:

seriously though... i DID find they pretty engaging.
not NEARLY as much as the Street Phantoms, but they had their moments.

I almost want to think that Dunn is deliberately less exciting.

as for Dunn on the other hand....

i really think Harold's former partner had the right idea when she wanted to find some paint to watch dry after hearing Dunn's backstory! :lol:

Redeemer
09-27-2016, 11:37 AM
DUDE. What about "Attack on Technodrome", "New Mutant Order", and "Vengeance"? "Leatherhead?"

Just like "City Fall" "Vengeance" was a let down. The Leatherhead mini arc was great! My wording of my previous statement was to definite/broad. "New Mutant Order" I did not car for. "Attack on Technodrome" was decent.

I wouldn't say so. Not every villain has to be the next big bad. Dun's purpose is not to be a big bad, but to be an antagonist at a time when the most interesting focus of the series is not the villain, but the growing divide between the Turtles and Splinter's leadership of the Foot.

Think about it analytically. If IDW WAS using a more compelling villain right now, it'd overshadow that Turtles/Splinter conflict and we'd all complain about it. Just like how Donatello's Metalhead crisis was completely overshadowed by the Vengeance storyline.

See I am the opposite "Hate" the fact that the turtles being divided right now is the main story.... I wish and think it should be the side story/ side plot. But its the main instead.
But Donnie as metal head as a side plot was great bc it kept the story from getting dull/bored.

Yes and in that one issue. Dunn sucked donkey nuts :lol: his origin was so generic and out right terrible. I think the street phantoms are awesome.

As far as the Savate ninja goes....IDW screwed the pooch imo bc that could have turned into a great arc similar to "City at War"

Redeemer
09-27-2016, 11:38 AM
the Savate did have their good points.
they made excellent punching bags. :lol:

seriously though... i DID find they pretty engaging.
not NEARLY as much as the Street Phantoms, but they had their moments.

as for Dunn on the other hand....

i really think Harold's former partner had the right idea when she wanted to find some paint to watch dry after hearing Dunn's backstory! :lol:

Yes!!! this is what i am talking about!!! I rather watch paint dry.....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Just like "City Fall" "Vengeance" was a let down. The Leatherhead mini arc was great! My wording of my previous statement was to definite/broad. "New Mutant Order" I did not car for. "Attack on Technodrome" was decent.

I did have issues with "City Fall" and a bit with "Vengeance." "Attack on Technodrome" and "New Mutant Order" were some of my favorites.

See I am the opposite "Hate" the fact that the turtles being divided right now is the main story.... I wish and think it should be the side story/ side plot. But its the main instead. But Donnie as metal head as a side plot was great bc it kept the story from getting dull/bored.

Huh. I think we're exactly the opposite on this. I like having the Turtles divided as the main focus in "Chasing Phantoms", and I hated that Metalhead-Donatello was a side story in "Vengeance." He gets fixed off-screen and teleported back in to the Gauntlet showdown? Shouldn't Saki or Kitsune or somebody cried foul at the introduction of a "fifth" combatant on Team Hamato?

Yes and in that one issue. Dunn sucked donkey nuts :lol: his origin was so generic and out right terrible. I think the street phantoms are awesome.

Eh, I liked his origin. It was different than anything I've ever really seen before. And it's much more seamless for IDW than "Future Descendant of the O'Neils Comes Through Time to Wreak Havoc." :tlol:

As far as the Savate ninja goes....IDW screwed the pooch imo bc that could have turned into a great arc similar to "City at War"

Agreed, but... how many of us would be as antagonistic or apathetic towards "City Fall" if we hadn't been expecting an IDW take on "City at War"? Really, except for the title, there's nothing similar about the stories. If it was instead just some other title "Fallen Son" or "Darkness Falls", I think we'd be more okay with the story. (And if Leo had actually been allowed to kill, but that's on Nick, not IDW.)

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it's still too early for them to do a City at War. Would have been moronic then. The names sound similar, that's it.

ChosenOne
09-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Yeah, it's still too early for them to do a City at War. Would have been moronic then. The names sound similar, that's it.

Just out of curiosity, considering I've never read the original Mirage series, at what point wouldn't it be? What factors would have to be in play for a worthy IDW rendering of that arc?

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 03:20 PM
Well Shredder's dead, so there's the first step. But The Foot would need to be split up into warring factions. We'll see what Karai has been up to in Japan...

Turtles need to be kind of directionless in life, too. Those are the main ingredients.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Just out of curiosity, considering I've never read the original Mirage series, at what point wouldn't it be? What factors would have to be in play for a worthy IDW rendering of that arc?

The focus of "City at War" was the Foot Clan crumbling into anarchy after Oroku Saki's (second) death, and how multiple factions were vying to take control. For the Hamato Clan, Splinter was questioning his entire life and absent from the Foot/Turtle conflict, while the four Turtles questioned their role in the Foot Clan's demise and the blood feud they had inherited.

So honestly, "Chasing Phantoms" has much more in common with "City at War" than "City Fall."

ChosenOne
09-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Thank you. I'd gathered as much from other adaptations, namely the 2003 and 2012 cartoons. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything crucial.

The current status quo is very intriguing and full of potential. Even after the Phantoms are taken down, I expect to see other factions vying for power in the city and even Karai's return with some new agenda that brings her into conflict with Splinter. Multiple faction free-for-alls are always fun.

At the very least, Hob is still amassing power and pawns for the coming war he's been hinting at for a long while. That right there is a guarantee that the Phantoms won't be the only (and far from the last) obstacle to Splinter's rule.

These are exciting times!

CyberCubed
09-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Thank you. I'd gathered as much from other adaptations, namely the 2003 and 2012 cartoons. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything crucial.
!

You should definitely pick up the Mirage Ultimate Collections IDW has put out. They collect all the important Mirage stories including City at War. Its well worth getting.

Redeemer
09-27-2016, 07:39 PM

You should definitely pick up the Mirage Ultimate Collections IDW has put out. They collect all the important Mirage stories including City at War. Its well worth getting.

I agree with CyberCubed the IDW Mirage Collection is a must read for any TMNT fan even if you are not a fan of comics in general.

The Mirage series is my favorite comic series and is probably my favorite interpretation of TMNT.

myconius
09-28-2016, 09:30 PM
Yes!!! this is what i am talking about!!! I rather watch paint dry.....

yeah definitely!!! :lol: i'd rather watch paint dry, or mild curdle, or the Earth rotate? etc... etc... :D

I agree with CyberCubed the IDW Mirage Collection is a must read for any TMNT fan even if you are not a fan of comics in general.

The Mirage series is my favorite comic series and is probably my favorite interpretation of TMNT.

most definitely!!
there have been comic series that i once loved, but grew away from over time.

but with Mirage vol. 1 , i think my appreciation for them has only grown stronger over time.
the re-read value is just amazing!!!

Utrommaniac
10-17-2016, 01:48 AM
Mateus has posted a sneak peak of the December issue
https://66.media.tumblr.com/ca54ec415456236b65208610cae28acd/tumblr_of5ue1BTmG1rwxz28o1_1280.jpg
And smashed my soul with how cute Pepperoni is.

neatoman
10-17-2016, 04:36 AM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/ca54ec415456236b65208610cae28acd/tumblr_of5ue1BTmG1rwxz28o1_1280.jpg

She is cute!... How fast does that kind of dino grow up?

Utrommaniac
10-17-2016, 07:05 AM
Protoceratops tend to remain small, so she's probably about a quarter of a way to her full size. I'm not sure the exact weight of growth has been determined.
http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/images/species/p/protoceratops-size.jpg
I'm not really sure how they'll hide a protoceratops, so I ponder if it is better off for her sake to mutate. Good thing Sophie already designed a mutated form for her.

neatoman
10-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Protoceratops tend to remain small, so she's probably about a quarter of a way to her full size. I'm not sure the exact weight of growth has been determined.
http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/images/species/p/protoceratops-size.jpg
I'm not really sure how they'll hide a protoceratops, so I ponder if it is better off for her sake to mutate. Good thing Sophie already designed a mutated form for her.

Where is this mutated form?

Utrommaniac
10-17-2016, 07:45 AM
They're mostly on her (http://orig09.deviantart.net/42be/f/2015/085/0/4/pals_by_mooncalfe-d8n71k9.jpg) deviantart (http://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/art/accident-522689594)

ProphetofGanja
10-17-2016, 08:51 AM

Once again, Santolouco knocks it out of the park. Gonna be a great holiday issue

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-17-2016, 09:16 AM

Pimp Raph, swaggering down the street with the two girls of IDW TMNT. Move over, Nick Donnie, Raph's a playa. :tcool: :trazz:

In all seriousness, though, I'm a little surprised Raph and Angel haven't already left to retrieve Alopex from Alaska.

ChosenOne
10-17-2016, 09:18 AM
Wait, what? A Turtle going out in public without a disguise and taking their pet dinosaur for a walk? Did I miss something? :teek:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Wait, what? A Turtle going out in public without a disguise and taking their pet dinosaur for a walk? Did I miss something? :teek:

IDW has been a little strange and "fast and loose" with mutants in public. :tlol:

Sophie Campbell
10-17-2016, 10:12 AM
It's great to see Mateus draw Pepperoni but I'll forever be filled with regret and sadness that I wasn't able to do this one and fulfill my lifelong dream of drawing a TMNT holiday issue. :tcry:

ProphetofGanja
10-17-2016, 10:17 AM
IDW has been a little strange and "fast and loose" with mutants in public. :tlol:

Yeah, in-universe, Old Hob, Bebop, and Rocksteady have probably been the worst offenders of strolling around nonchalantly, although Hob was only leading a rag-tag gang of ruffians and B&R were actually knocking over ATMs and stopping at diners and stuff. Those two are definitely the biggest attention-getters; Splinter and the Turtles and most of the Mutanimals have been pretty low-key

I wonder if IDW is going to explore that concept further as Agent Bishop and the EPF enter the main story, and we'll get more insight into what the public is thinking about all these mutants popping up all over the city

Also, Woody must be the most chill dude ever.
"Whoa, it's a turtle-man, I should see if he wants some pizza!"

ChosenOne
10-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Yeah, in-universe, Old Hob, Bebop, and Rocksteady have probably been the worst offenders of strolling around nonchalantly, although Hob was only leading a rag-tag gang of ruffians and B&R were actually knocking over ATMs and stopping at diners and stuff. Those two are definitely the biggest attention-getters; Splinter and the Turtles and most of the Mutanimals have been pretty low-key

I wonder if IDW is going to explore that concept further as Agent Bishop and the EPF enter the main story, and we'll get more insight into what the public is thinking about all these mutants popping up all over the city

The weirdest thing for me was how empty the streets of Manhattan were, in that one scene with Bebop and Rocksteady deciding to crash Hob's mutant party back in (I believe) #39.

I guess Woody was more like "Hey, business is business. Everyone's gotta eat!" :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-17-2016, 10:50 AM
The weirdest thing for me was how empty the streets of Manhattan were, in that one scene with Bebop and Rocksteady deciding to crash Hob's mutant party back in (I believe) #39.

I guess Woody was more like "Hey, business is business. Everyone's gotta eat!" :D

I am really hopeful that Bishop and the EPF will give IDW opportunity to finally address this issue. They started hinting at it with Detective Kara Lewis and her partner back in "Vengeance"... let's keep it building and explain some stuff, shall we!? :tgrin:

It's great to see Mateus draw Pepperoni but I'll forever be filled with regret and sadness that I wasn't able to do this one and fulfill my lifelong dream of drawing a TMNT holiday issue. :tcry:

As long as nobody cancels Christmas, get back to TMNT December 2018 or 2019, y'hear? :twink:

Utrommaniac
10-17-2016, 12:23 PM
As long as nobody cancels Christmas, get back to TMNT December 2018 or 2019, y'hear? :twink:

We'll make an anti-Grinch/Jack Skellington/<insert Rankin-Bass Christmas villains here> protection squad just for you :tgrin:

CyberCubed
10-17-2016, 03:34 PM
Its weird that they're celebrating Christmas without going for Alopex first, but I guess in real life they needed to get the Christmas issue out in December obviously so we didn't have an extra month. Otherwise the Alopex issue probably would have come before it.

ChosenOne
10-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Its weird that they're celebrating Christmas without going for Alopex first, but I guess in real life they needed to get the Christmas issue out in December obviously so we didn't have an extra month. Otherwise the Alopex issue probably would have come before it.

I agree, but whatever the outcome of Chasing Phantoms is (defecting from the Foot, etc), it most likely takes precedence over retrieving Alopex. And the Turtles probably won't be doing it for Splinter's benefit, either.

Utrommaniac
11-05-2016, 09:22 PM
A few more bits of preview

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2c4fa5020ad5bca63abfc3cad89dc50c/tumblr_ofrwjuwhbt1rwxz28o1_1280.jpg
I love his comment for this one. "Hi, I'm Pete! I'm meta!"

https://68.media.tumblr.com/9a8a8d9ec67c77cdb81613bf663d8b53/tumblr_ofyp4nQAQ01rwxz28o1_1280.jpg
Safe to say that Harold is coming out of the Street Phantoms arch okay.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/980150682dfa53c5bb4900ee2952b0da/tumblr_og2pu8gAcW1rwxz28o1_1280.jpg
Given Mikey's previous history with cooking...they better take cover.
Also, the "White Gold Sugar". Isn't it usually White Gold Flour???

Sabacooza
11-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Very nice. Santolouco's work is gorgeous. I always loved his stuff.

Utrommaniac
11-05-2016, 11:17 PM
I think it's his version of Harold that makes me think he'd make a very fine mutant badger :P . I'm also pretty sure that's Libby giving him the Santa mug; heck, I hope that's her.