PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Direct to dvd movies

turtlefanforever
09-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Once the nick show ends how would you feel if they skipped on another series and did a direct to dvd movie every year?

neatoman
09-21-2016, 03:28 PM
I heard rumors of direct to video adaptations of the IDW stories being considered, but Bobby says that isn't the case. Still, it's certainly not a bad idea to make direct to video releases, allows for creative choices a network wouldn't allow and they can still be made even if there's a TV show on.

Did you get the idea from the Batman Unlimited movies? They seem to be what we're getting instead of Batman cartoons since the cancellation of Beware the Batman.

Powder
09-21-2016, 08:23 PM
I don't think anyone would be against that. We've been asking for years to no avail.

wpugh2424
09-22-2016, 10:24 PM
I don't think I'd enjoy this
Seems like it would be much less voulme and potential for deep storytelling to lack
Now if it was like a season that'd be cool

sdp
09-22-2016, 10:45 PM
I would like to see DTVs but animated ones, that's the only way Andrew will ever get to see Mirage animated.

myconius
09-22-2016, 10:53 PM
even if it wasn't an annual thing, i'd still just be thrilled to see an animated adaptation of IDW's 'Change is Constant' (issues 1-4).

and if it were to be a 'ONE and DONE' it'd be nice to also include issue #5 in the story as well, since that explains a many of the questions raised through the first arc. plus it has a very nice conclusion.

if they're REALLY feeling randy, put in that quick little segment 'A lot to Learn' from the 30th anniversary issue.

i think that'd make a decent 50 (or so) minute animation?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-23-2016, 05:06 AM
Or maybe more TV films. I'd say end with three TV films. Then it must come to an end. We don't want a soap opera.

snake
09-23-2016, 05:11 AM
I'd love d2dvd IDW adaptations. That would be so cool.

09-23-2016, 05:18 AM
I'd love d2dvd IDW adaptations. That would be so cool.

How many? Lasting like forever isn't good.

myconius
09-23-2016, 05:43 AM
i'd still love to see an IDW Tmnt / Mirage Vol.1 hybrid animated direct to video series.

not base it solely on the IDW comics or Mirage, but take notable elements from both series and make a Three animated movie series out of it.

but if such a hypothetical mash-up WERE ever to occur-
i'd much rather see Leonardo fighting for his life versus endless waves of Foot soldiers rather than becoming Shredders brainwashed Chunin.

09-23-2016, 05:51 AM
According to Wikipedia direct to video films are considered lower quality than those played first at a cinema.

myconius
09-23-2016, 06:07 AM
According to Wikipedia direct to video films are considered lower quality than those played first at a cinema.

but you never know just what kind of Coo-Coo bird is editing that Wiki page?

there was a page on the DC Wiki that i was constantly finding inaccurate tampering from some deranged fan-boy/girl.

09-23-2016, 06:35 AM
but you never know just what kind of Coo-Coo bird is editing that Wiki page?

there was a page on the DC Wiki that i was constantly finding inaccurate tampering from some deranged fan-boy/girl.

Googling it seems to be a general opinion. But of course not everything falls into that trap.

neatoman
09-23-2016, 08:34 AM

They do tend to have a lower budget but that doesn't have much of an impact on writing or directing.

TigerClaw
09-23-2016, 09:53 AM
They do tend to have a lower budget but that doesn't have much of an impact on writing or directing.
It sometimes does when the studio wants to make a quick buck on them, and Direct to Video movies are easier to make.

Zak The Neutrino
09-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Depending on the content I would be up for this.

Too bad Nick has it's alliance with Hulu instead of Netflix. It would be awesome to get a darker Netflix TMNT series.

TigerClaw
09-23-2016, 10:44 AM
Depending on the content I would be up for this.

Too bad Nick has it's alliance with Hulu instead of Netflix. It would be awesome to get a darker Netflix TMNT series.
a darker TMNT series will never happen, as long as Nickelodeon has control over the property.

09-23-2016, 11:15 AM
a darker TMNT series will never happen, as long as Nickelodeon has control over the property.

Maybe dark as in 2003 or Archie, but not Mirage.

TigerClaw
09-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Maybe dark as in 2003 or Archie, but not Mirage.
or maybe dark as in the IDW comics, it can get pretty dark.

Powder
09-23-2016, 03:19 PM

Nickelodeon is not in control, Viacom is.

If they'll let IDW & Nick kill, have body horror, etc. & PD have sexual innuendo, there is somewhat of a chance they will allow something in the vein of Mirage, in animation.

Is it likely? Maybe not, but never is a strong word.

09-24-2016, 01:55 AM
Or maybe Nickelodeon sells TMNT by 2020 something if the interrest begins to decline.

thundermaster612
09-24-2016, 07:29 AM
If Nick does decide to either drop the rights or get with Netflix then I would love to see a Netflix TMNT series.

09-26-2016, 12:00 PM
If Nick does decide to either drop the rights or get with Netflix then I would love to see a Netflix TMNT series.

You mean one that airs over Nexflix first and not TV. That's probably the future for "TV" series.