PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Ringtones and Notifications

Jephael
09-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Does anybody like to create their own ringtones? I have a hobby of collecting clips from my favorite films and TV shows and making audio files out of them that I can send to my phone and set as ringtones and notification sounds.

My current ringtone is Jor-El as played by Marlon Brando talking to Superman about humanity and my notification is Donatello as voiced by Corey Feldman in the original 1990 TMNT film saying "Don't worry, I came prepared!"

snake
09-23-2016, 09:48 PM
If I had a ringtone it would probably be the flintstones theme made to sound like it's on an NES cart.

I dunno.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-23-2016, 09:51 PM
I changed my PC's notification noises to Zelda sounds

If I had personalized ringtones, I'd probably feel like a goober if someone called me while I was in public.

Cure
09-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Nah, default ringtones and message noises.

Prowler
09-24-2016, 05:18 AM
My phone message tone/notification is this:

6V7ZW2NNbBY

My ringtone? That depends on who calls me. I assign different ringtones to some people on my contact list. For my brother I use this:

wlxa4w-7DUI

And, as for my morning alarm, something fast and loud like this:

UJ4Nel-aHZM

ToTheNines
09-24-2016, 07:26 AM
My Dad's a pretty far Right conservative who hates Obama, so me and my sister changed his ring tone to the chorus of this song one day.

jd9xU8cw1JE

Then we called him when we knew he was at work. He was not amused, but I think it's one of my all time best pranks.

BubblyShell22
09-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Now, that's hilarious, Nines.

If I did change my ringtone, I would probably do something TMNT related like make it sound like the T-Phone. I do have specific ringtones for my mom and sis though they came with the phone. My sis had a Three Stooges ringtone for my dad since he's a major fan of the show so whenever he called her, she knew it was him.

Jester
09-24-2016, 08:51 AM
Makes identifying my family at least easier when they call.

Mom's ring tone is the chorus of Mr. T's Treat Your Mother Right and message tone is Bobby Boucher from Waterboy saying, "I LOVE MOMMA!" Cory (from Boy Meets World) screaming "TACO!" is my sister's message tone. My wife is the chorus of our favorite song, When Did You Fall by Chris Rice and the Mario coin sound.

sdp
09-24-2016, 12:16 PM
I used to but every time you format or change phones you have to go through the whole process again and it's annoying. I know it doesn't take a long time but when you have to do it manually for everything you kind of say "later" and end up never doing it until you're ready to change phones again. I never went too crazy just a few different ones and nothing too obnoxious, I like having the Jurassic Park /// cellphone ringtone and Turtlecom one since they sound "generic" but they're not.

plastroncafe
09-24-2016, 01:02 PM
I haven't had a chance to figure out how to do so with the most recent Android update, but I used to have the Portal Soundboard well represented.

"Are you still there?"
"You're entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct."

My favorite was Wheatly loudly repeating:
PULL ME OUT PULL ME OUT PULL ME OUT PULL ME OUT PULL ME OUT

That one I had set to sound if I couldn't find my phone.

Autbot_Benz
09-24-2016, 01:13 PM
My Ringtone is my favorite Ninja Sex Party song DragonSlayer.

My notification Ringtone is when Ash says Clattu baratta Nc(cough) and messes up saying the 3 words

MsMarvelDuckie
09-24-2016, 02:54 PM
I have several. My "default" ringtone is the victory fanfare theme from Final Fantasy VII. My mom's ringtone is Meat Loaf's Life Is a Lemon(And I Want My Money Back), my dads is Bad Company (because he IS) and my hubby's is Huey Lewis- Stuck With You. The ringtone for my works phone is the Final Fantasy VII Boss Battle theme. I like knowing who is calling me LOL!

Turo602
09-24-2016, 03:06 PM
My notification sound is Navi's "Hey Listen" from Ocarina of Time. My standard ringtone is the 90s X-Men theme. I jokingly made my mom's ringtone Ridley's theme from Metroid. My sister's is Carry on My Wayward Son since she loves Supernatural. And my brother's is Worthog Run from Halo since it's just easily identifiable for him.

ProactiveMan
09-25-2016, 02:53 AM
I had the "Test your might!" sound from Mortal Kombat as my message beep on my old phone, but that's the last time I could be bothered with that stuff. I find that I end up hating whatever I set my ringtone to, so best to just pick one that comes with the phone - although these days it's on silent pretty-much all the time.

Candy Kappa
09-25-2016, 03:04 AM
On my old phone I used to have One Missed Call's jingle on, was also my alarm. Gets ya right up.

A friend of mine was terrified of that song :lol:

Currently I just using default songs, but my alarm is The Bard's Song - In the Forest by Blind Guardian.

Unworthy tinker
09-25-2016, 11:37 AM
How do you set up a custom ringtone anyways?
If I could, I would set the 2012 T-Phone ring for my mom, because she loves superheroes, so y'know, like mother like daughter?
I'd set the Steven Universe Full disclosure song for my dad because I tend to find him watching Cartoon network pretty frequently.
Then for my friends...nobody from school calls me, but most of them like Pokemon so I'd probably do a sound from the games or something.

Turo602
09-25-2016, 01:32 PM
If I could, I would set the 2012 T-Phone ring for my mom, because she loves superheroes, so y'know, like mother like daughter?
I'd set the Steven Universe Full disclosure song for my dad because I tend to find him watching Cartoon network pretty frequently.
Then for my friends...nobody from school calls me, but most of them like Pokemon so I'd probably do a sound from the games or something.

I use an app called Zedge.

Spike Spiegel
09-25-2016, 03:37 PM
The "turning on the proton pack" sound effect from Ghostbusters is my notification sound.

Jephael
09-26-2016, 08:21 PM

It helps to have certain editing programs like Audacity and knowing how to download audio clips off of YouTube. I usually do all this on my laptop and then send them to my phone via my Verizon Cloud account, though previously I did it through e-mail.

DisKosh
11-14-2016, 10:13 PM
Mine used to be the 2003 TMNT series. I remember it went off once when I was queuing in a cafe. This one guy asked whose phone it was so of course, I owned up.

He said he really respected me and we ended up hugging which was nice.

Now it's the 2012 one, but I've got a different one for my boyfriend. Whenever he rings it plays the cover of the original Star Trek theme from the new movie (the new franchise has its flaws but I can't fault the music).

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
11-14-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm a die hard Disney fan and my ringtone is Ducktales and my text tone is from the monorail with the english and spanish phrases of "Please stand clear of the door". We are members of the Disney Vacation Club and having that text tone just always makes me feel like I'm at "home". I've only ever met one person who actually knew what it was though.

Lisardo
12-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Does anybody like to create their own ringtones? I have a hobby of collecting clips from my favorite films and TV shows and making audio files out of them that I can send to my phone and set as ringtones and notification sounds.

My current ringtone is Jor-El as played by Marlon Brando talking to Superman about humanity and my notification is Donatello as voiced by Corey Feldman in the original 1990 TMNT film saying "Don't worry, I came prepared!"

What app/program do you use to do that nowadays? I did it yeeeears ago, but since then none of the apps or online uploaders ever worked (or the files I'd upload, small/short as they were, didn't work on my phone)?

Jephael
12-09-2016, 08:28 PM
What app/program do you use to do that nowadays? I did it yeeeears ago, but since then none of the apps or online uploaders ever worked (or the files I'd upload, small/short as they were, didn't work on my phone)?

I'll private message ya about it on Facebook since it's not exactly allowed to discuss downloading clips and such on here.