PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who never knew until recently that people make money on youtube?

CyberCubed
09-23-2016, 10:58 PM
And by recently I mean in the last year or two. I always wondered why regular people spent so much time making youtube videos about random nonsense. Like just playing videogames, doing pranks, showing their comic/movie reviews, or whatever.

I assumed people were just doing this as a hobby or internet fame. But I seriously had no idea they were making real money just by making youtube videos. And not just chump change either...these people are making thousands and millions of dollars....just making youtube videos!

It blows my mind when some guy says he got a $20,000 check just for making youtube videos for 6 months. Goddamn. I feel like I missed the boat here. Anyone else dumbfounded by this?

Commenter 42
09-23-2016, 11:06 PM
And by recently I mean in the last year or two. I always wondered why regular people spent so much time making youtube videos about random nonsense. Like just playing videogames, doing pranks, showing their comic/movie reviews, or whatever.

I assumed people were just doing this as a hobby or internet fame. But I seriously had no idea they were making real money just by making youtube videos. And not just chump change either...these people are making thousands and millions of dollars....just making youtube videos!

It blows my mind when some guy says he got a $20,000 check just for making youtube videos for 6 months. Goddamn. I feel like I missed the boat here. Anyone else dumbfounded by this?

You can't troll this hard yo.

CyberCubed
09-23-2016, 11:07 PM
You can't troll this hard yo.

Dude, if I knew this 10 years ago, I'd be spending all my time making youtube videos instead of wasting time on forums. I honestly had no idea.

Commenter 42
09-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Dude, if I knew this 10 years ago, I'd be spending all my time making youtube videos instead of wasting time on forums. I honestly had no idea.

c'mpn, don't play. and yeah, it's 20,000. Top Youtubers are making 6 figures and more.

Anyway, you should bring your schtick to youtube. Your character would become popular pretty quick. videos don't have to be good, just weird.
But we had this conversation at least once already.

snake
09-23-2016, 11:16 PM

Do it. I'd subscribe and watch every video.

sdp
09-23-2016, 11:16 PM
In the past it was a sort of exclusive club and a bit hard but it's now relatively easy and it's been like that for 8 years or so. If you have a popular video you can monetize it. I've been making money on a video I uploaded back in 2007. I'm actually going to start using my channel again soon and not because I want to be youtube famous but the stuff I want to watch just isn't there so maybe some people are interested as well, who knows.

CyberCubed
09-23-2016, 11:30 PM
c'mpn, don't play. and yeah, it's 20,000. Top Youtubers are making 6 figures and more.

Anyway, you should bring your schtick to youtube. Your character would become popular pretty quick. videos don't have to be good, just weird.
But we had this conversation at least once already.

If everyone knew this, everyone would be on youtube making videos. Even something as little as $20-$50 a week I'd be fine with. Extra money is extra money.

Powder
09-23-2016, 11:37 PM
I would definitely help you on your rise to Youtube fame, CC, it's not too late.

CyberCubed
09-23-2016, 11:39 PM
I'm too old, I've already hit 30. This is something you have to start in your early 20's at the latest.

Cure
09-23-2016, 11:53 PM
You are incredibly obsessed with cementing yourself as some ignorant fuddy-duddy to the people here. It's really quite fascinating.

Commenter 42
09-24-2016, 12:26 AM
I'm too old, I've already hit 30. This is something you have to start in your early 20's at the latest.

You better hurry up and claim the name Cyber Cubed.

or else, I might will.

Hurry up. Time is running out old man.

CyberCubed
09-24-2016, 12:40 AM
I doubt I would even use that name there. I'm pretty sure I registered to youtube ages ago but its a barren account which is the same as my gmail account.

There's just nothing for me to bother putting there.

Commenter 42
09-24-2016, 12:43 AM
I doubt I would even use that name there. I'm pretty sure I registered to youtube ages ago but its a barren account which is the same as my gmail account.

There's just nothing for me to bother putting there.

Well, I guess that settles it then.

CyberCubed
09-24-2016, 12:44 AM
So why isn't everyone making youtube videos then if its easy money? I don't get it. This is like the equivilant of those "get rich quick" schemes from those seedy 90's and early 2000's VHS tapes. Except it works.

Why doesn't everyone do it? Even something as little as $20 a week from youtube videos is still extra cash.

Powder
09-24-2016, 01:16 AM
You could definitely turn this persona into a Youtube character channel like AVGN. Just rant about Bayturtle noses & stuff.

Commenter 42
09-24-2016, 01:42 AM
No. no. no.

He's already decided. He couldn't possibly.
It's *le sigh* just not in the cards.

ssjup81
09-24-2016, 01:54 AM
I'm too old, I've already hit 30. This is something you have to start in your early 20's at the latest.I watch Game Sack. I'm going to assume they get money for some of their videos. They're in their mid 40s.

You're not too old.So why isn't everyone making youtube videos then if its easy money? I don't get it. This is like the equivilant of those "get rich quick" schemes from those seedy 90's and early 2000's VHS tapes. Except it works.

Why doesn't everyone do it? Even something as little as $20 a week from youtube videos is still extra cash.You have to create content that'll interest people. It's like TV shows. Why do some succeed when others don't?

ToTheNines
09-24-2016, 03:02 AM

No, you're just a lazy ****..

Also, you've totally made this exact thread before.

Powder
09-24-2016, 03:35 AM
With old age comes forgetfulness!

TheBlueTurtle1
09-24-2016, 04:11 AM
I did't know the insane amounts until recently. Like you said make you think about giving it a try.

AT-Man
09-24-2016, 04:16 AM
Say "making youtube videos" one more time.

http://img.cinemablend.com/cb/4/1/a/b/2/7/41ab275084ed00dc330f5208422555b63974780eeb2ffc0d57 347ff20fae6df1.jpg

Prowler
09-24-2016, 05:13 AM
First of all, in order to make youtube videos many people will watch you'll need a good camera and other equipment. That will set you back a bit, I bet. Have you ever seen that AVGN video where he explains how he makes an AVGN episode and how long it takes? Crazy.

BubblyShell22
09-24-2016, 08:14 AM
No, I knew people made money off of YouTube and I don't see anything wrong with it if it's something someone wants to do. I'm also sure there are people who get paid to make blogs too so that could be another option.

sdp
09-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Some people still don't know you can make money but recently many people know but they have no idea where to begin or even what to do. The thing is it's not that easy to make money it's just possible to do so but it takes a lot of work. If you want to make six figures then you gotta be as popular as TV personalities but you don't have to be super popular to make money just have an audience and something people want. You'll need to be creative and have a relateable or a nice personality since there's a lot of competition, especially if you want to do something overdone like unboxings or gaming.

I say make videos on youtube and see if you like it, just don't expect to get rich quick more of a I get to be creative and maybe someone likes it. It's like any other thing, if you're good you can make money but if you're not in it for money it can be a fun hobby.

CyberCubed
09-24-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm not even talking about making thousands-millions of dolllars like insanely popular youtube people....even something like $20-$50 a week would be good. Extra cash is extra cash.

I just can't believe people are making youtube videos over nonsense like them playing videogames or making fools of themselves...and they're raking in cash. Given the sheer mass of young kids/teens out there who watch youtube, you're bound to get followers because of kids no matter how stupid your videos are.

So I ask again, why isn't everyone doing this? Why aren't all of you making youtube videos regularly to earn money?

snake
09-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Cubed, why the f*ck aren't YOU doing this?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-24-2016, 12:30 PM
If Boogie can make money by acting like an angry fat guy, then 'Cubed can certainly make it big in the YouTube business.

CyberCubed
09-24-2016, 12:32 PM
If Boogie can make money by acting like an angry fat guy, then 'Cubed can certainly make it big in the YouTube business.

Who the hell is Boogie? I don't know anything about youtube people.

sdp
09-24-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm not even talking about making thousands-millions of dolllars like insanely popular youtube people....even something like $20-$50 a week would be good. Extra cash is extra cash.

I just can't believe people are making youtube videos over nonsense like them playing videogames or making fools of themselves...and they're raking in cash. Given the sheer mass of young kids/teens out there who watch youtube, you're bound to get followers because of kids no matter how stupid your videos are.

So I ask again, why isn't everyone doing this? Why aren't all of you making youtube videos regularly to earn money?

Of course but that extra cash still means investing a few hours on making said video. And making 1 video isn't going to make you money unless you have tons of subscribers and how do you get subscribers by making stuff people want to see so in the end you are investing as much time as a real job in doing all these things. Even a very basic video can take a few hours from preparing/editing/etc, especially if you're not familiar with video editing software or have a fast PC. It's really not that easy to get so many followers unless something clicks because there are 40 hours of video uploaded on youtube every minute. Many gamers' dreams are making money playing video games the competition there is extremely high but if you can get an audience there's plenty of people who can make money streaming games with commentary.

What skills do you have CC? I'll help you make a video. Like I said I've made money on a Battletoads/WoW video I uploaded back in 2007 and I had other videos but they had copyrighted music so no money from them. I'll be making videos again and not for extra cash but more of a community thing for things I enjoy, I mean if I made money it'd be great but you're going with bad expectations if that's what you want and only be disappointed when you don't.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Who the hell is Boogie? I don't know anything about youtube people.

http://i.imgur.com/dLataDGl.png

The man is a literal blob who just talks to the camera. As you can see he's extremely unhealthy. If he can do it, you can do it!

TigerClaw
09-24-2016, 12:56 PM
There are Youtubers out there that talk nothing but TMNT, like Cowabunga Corner for example.

plastroncafe
09-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Cubed on Youtube:

https://media.giphy.com/media/PogMX6Fd4xPKU/giphy.gif

Refractive Reflections
09-24-2016, 09:22 PM

Hmmm, it's gotta be a troll thread of CyberCubed's considering how unbelievable the lack of awareness this post has.

As snake was saying, why aren't you CyberCubed? With all of the energy spent on defending your opinions of TMNT here, you could've actually made money on that on YouTube. But I guess that lure of money isn't lucrative enough for you to become computer literate (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1608232&postcount=35), has it? ;) ...Don't forget you, apparently, still have to learn about taking screenshots (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1607923&postcount=26).

You are incredibly obsessed with cementing yourself as some ignorant fuddy-duddy to the people here. It's really quite fascinating.
...Though CyberCubed's trolling portrays him as otherwise. :lol:

ProactiveMan
09-25-2016, 02:48 AM
Get in there before the party's over man. Something tells me the clock is ticking on YouTube money, at least for regular chuds like us.

Zak The Neutrino
09-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Cubed would never make it on TMNT content. We already have someone ranting on that and he is actually funny.

Powder
09-27-2016, 06:12 PM
& who's that?

Commenter 42
09-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Good question.

snake
09-27-2016, 07:14 PM
This forum is more entertaining than any measly tmnt youtuber can be

Powder
09-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Unless someone like Cybercubed, Andrew, or myself became one. :tlol:

Zak The Neutrino
09-27-2016, 08:12 PM
& who's that?

Good question.

Black Nerd Comedy.

Powder
09-27-2016, 08:18 PM
???

You said they were funny. He's just a cringey shill.

plastroncafe
09-27-2016, 08:20 PM
He's a really good panel moderator though.

Commenter 42
09-27-2016, 08:41 PM
Black Nerd Comedy.

**** no.

Try again.

Shark_Blade
09-27-2016, 08:42 PM
You must've never uploaded a video on YouTube then.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 08:53 PM
I've never enjoyed Black Nerd Comedy.

Hell, maybe we should create a Technodrome Forum channel! I'd be happy to subscribe/contribute, we add in Powder, Cubed, and Andrew...

Yes, this needs to happen. Any profits we make will be contributed to Cubed's retirement fund, as we all know the poor sod is going to need one of those fat-lady electric shopping carts to get around on in another few years.

Car batteries ain't cheap, yo.

snake
09-27-2016, 08:58 PM
I've never enjoyed Black Nerd Comedy.

Hell, maybe we should create a Technodrome Forum channel! I'd be happy to subscribe/contribute, we add in Powder, Cubed, and Andrew...

Yes, this needs to happen. Any profits we make will be contributed to Cubed's retirement fund, as we all know the poor sod is going to need one of those fat-lady electric shopping carts to get around on in another few years.

Car batteries ain't cheap, yo.

Can we have the snake/Commenter 42 capesh*t review show?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2016, 09:05 PM

What, you guys are going to compete instead of joining the Technodrome Channel?

Capitalist pigs. On Russian YouTube, EVERYBODY'S channel makes SAME amount of money.

snake
09-27-2016, 09:07 PM
What, you guys are going to compete instead of joining the Technodrome Channel?

Capitalist pigs. On Russian YouTube, EVERYBODY'S channel makes SAME amount of money.

No, no, no! The show can be a feature of the channel! Just like Cybercubed's Monday Rants!

ToTheNines
09-27-2016, 11:44 PM

Nope, **** that. Me and Commenter would have a shot for shot segment.

Coola Yagami
09-28-2016, 12:23 AM
It's not easy money Cubed. Even making 10 or so a week means your videos must get tons and tons of views on a regular basis. And most networks and whantnot won't pay until you hit the threshold which for most is 100 bucks... so if you only made 20 bucks a month, you're not seeing that money until several months later whenever it finally adds up to 100.

Commenter 42
09-28-2016, 02:41 AM
Lol. Y'all have no idea. I'm so g*ddamned tame here.

CyberCubed
09-28-2016, 04:14 AM
It's not easy money Cubed. Even making 10 or so a week means your videos must get tons and tons of views on a regular basis. And most networks and whantnot won't pay until you hit the threshold which for most is 100 bucks... so if you only made 20 bucks a month, you're not seeing that money until several months later whenever it finally adds up to 100.

Have you made any money on youtube? I see on your channel you've been making videos for years but they all have very few views.

If that's the case I might as well not even bother.

Powder
09-28-2016, 06:38 AM
People are suckers for camera quality. You could say f**k all, but if it looks really good, they'll listen, & think your opinion is worth something.

Coola Yagami
09-28-2016, 07:39 AM
Have you made any money on youtube? I see on your channel you've been making videos for years but they all have very few views.

If that's the case I might as well not even bother.

Nope. Not enough views to meet the threshold, but I do it more for the fun. I actually enjoy doing it and so do my friends and people I get to cameo. If it was only for the money I wouldn't have even bothered.

And no, I don't want to be youtube famous. I mean it would be cool to be recognized here and there (it has happened at cons. There's times I thought my blog was dead but then I ran into a bunch of actual readers) but I don't want to be some sort of celeb or live that lifestyle where you basically forfeit your privacy.

You probably shouldn't even bother Cubed if you're only doing it with money in mind. Which is kind of a shame. Your rants would be the stuff of Legends.

Ironically the only non tmnt video I made that broke a thousand was whenever I announced KOF 14 was coming. Everything else were my thoughts on the upcoming tmnt season finales back in the day.

Geez. I just realized one of my tmnt legends playthroughs just broke 4 thousand. Didn't know people liked that game that much.

ProactiveMan
09-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Get in there before the party's over man. Something tells me the clock is ticking on YouTube money, at least for regular chuds like us.

Whoa, quoting myself is cool 8)

I literally found out about YouTube Heroes a few hours after posting that. Is this the beginning of the end? Everyone's freaking out, which is a little bit amusing I'm ashamed to say, but to be fair to YouTubers, Google has let the place degenerate into a total cesspit without much in the way of intervention. Now they're stepping in because advertisers are starting to wonder if the money they're spending is worth it.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Is this the beginning of the end?

http://i.imgur.com/i55Ifqh.png

I don't think so. Look at all those dislikes!

Then again, they forced the Google+ integration down everyone's throats... so who knows?

Prowler
09-28-2016, 11:15 AM
YouTube channel?! Just make a Technodrome reality show.

TigerClaw
09-28-2016, 11:31 AM

Then again, they forced the Google+ integration down everyone's throats... so who knows?
Yeah, I think Youtube Heroes is a very bad idea, its opened to a lot of abuse, videos will get flagged for the wrong reasons, cause somebody might disagree with something said in a video and flag it just cause.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-28-2016, 12:05 PM
YouTube channel?! Just make a Technodrome reality show.

Dude, that's one of my ideas that I've been batting around for a year or more. :trazz:

ToTheNines
09-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Dude, that's one of my ideas that I've been batting around for a year or more. :trazz:

I remember that. Etsy said he wanted to room with me...

CyberCubed
09-28-2016, 12:49 PM
You probably shouldn't even bother Cubed if you're only doing it with money in mind. Which is kind of a shame. Your rants would be the stuff of Legends.

The only reason I would consider it is to make a little extra money, but if not, then not. I see youtubers as only one step below reality TV stars. I mean they're essentially the same thing, people who get famous without any real talent just because they're on TV (or youtube).

Just like people have hated reality TV stars over the last 15 years since the early 2000's, youtubers who make it big on youtube aren't much different. Nobody deserves to make $10 million+ by ranting in front of a camera like an idiot when actual professional actors in movies and TV shows don't make as much.

snake
09-28-2016, 02:37 PM
I remember that. Etsy said he wanted to room with me...

I wanna bunk with Cubed. Maybe not on nights when Supergirl is on though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-28-2016, 02:46 PM

Make sure you're vaccinated against rabies.

Coola Yagami
09-28-2016, 03:26 PM
The only reason I would consider it is to make a little extra money, but if not, then not. I see youtubers as only one step below reality TV stars. I mean they're essentially the same thing, people who get famous without any real talent just because they're on TV (or youtube).

Just like people have hated reality TV stars over the last 15 years since the early 2000's, youtubers who make it big on youtube aren't much different. Nobody deserves to make $10 million+ by ranting in front of a camera like an idiot when actual professional actors in movies and TV shows don't make as much.

Even that requires talent though. You just can't talk in front of a camera without any style or charisma or some specific way of explaining things. It's the reason some speeches are motivating and others put you to sleep. It's not something 'some thing so easy anyone can do it' or everyone would be doing it.

I may not like all the big youtubers but kudos to them for having the talent to garner such a huge audience on a constant basis. Some channels like the team four star parodies have fans outright demanding new episides. That's something some tv stars can't do since some shows for get cancelled after a season.

Prowler
09-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Well, you know what they say, great minds think alike.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Well, you know what they say, great minds think alike.

*high-five*

ProactiveMan
09-29-2016, 09:50 AM

Those dislikes are probably all from content creators and their drones - I don't think Joe Sixpack is that fussed about the whole thing.

Good point about Google+ though. They tried to clean the comments up with that unholy union, and it didn't work at all, and to be honest, the comments are more damaging to their reputation than any of the videos.

ToTheNines
09-29-2016, 10:30 AM

I'll sleep on the couch if you wanna crash with me and Papenbrook Monday nights

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-29-2016, 11:17 AM
I'll sleep on the couch if you wanna crash with me and Papenbrook Monday nights

Is THAT why I don't see Papenbrook on here anymore? You've got her chained up in your basement? :teek:

Coola Yagami
09-29-2016, 10:30 PM

Is THAT why I don't see Papenbrook on here anymore? You've got her chained up in your basement? :teek:

I didn't know you guys were making.... those.... kinds of videos... :teek:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-30-2016, 09:25 AM
I didn't know you guys were making.... those.... kinds of videos... :teek:

Hey hey hey, I'm not a part of this. Calling the cops right now.

#freepapenbrook

ssjup81
09-30-2016, 06:37 PM

Just like people have hated reality TV stars over the last 15 years since the early 2000's, youtubers who make it big on youtube aren't much different. Nobody deserves to make $10 million+ by ranting in front of a camera like an idiot when actual professional actors in movies and TV shows don't make as much.Most of the people who are "big" on YouTube now, started off making videos for fun and became popular over time. It was just a creative outlet for them, like people who may draw fanart or those who may write fanfiction.

For example, I watch the Game Theorists channel. I love watching Game Theory. The first video I came across like three or four years ago, was about real-world equivalents to potions used in the Legend of Zelda series. I found that interesting and just continued watching it. It became more and more popular, and after a while, it started to become monetized (I guess...I still don't know how that works).

So yeah, start off making videos about something you're passionate about and maybe you'll garner an audience and all that stuff.

Personally, I don't watch videos that come across as "Reality TV"....seems that's V-log stuff. I usually stick to videos that are, well, interesting to me...like Game Theory, Gaming Historian (his recent video was about the ESRB rating system, and how that came about...loved his video he did on the life of Iwata last year after he died and how he highlithed the retro gaming museum down in Texas that I would love to visit someday), Game Sack, WWE What Culture, etc.

So yeah, not all videos are of people screaming into a camera...then again, I haven't seen any videos like that myself, personally. Not saying they don't exist, just that I've never seen them since I don't gravitate towards those kinds of videos.

Prowler
10-01-2016, 04:38 AM
Yes, the Angry Video Game Nerd, per example, never planned his success. He made a couple of video game reviews for his friends ot see and then, two years later Mike Matei suggested he'd upload his two videos on youtube. He did... and a few weeks late he already had about 20k views. So then he decided to turn that into his own project.

ssjup81
10-01-2016, 05:26 AM
Yes, the Angry Video Game Nerd, per example, never planned his success. He made a couple of video game reviews for his friends ot see and then, two years later Mike Matei suggested he'd upload his two videos on youtube. He did... and a few weeks late he already had about 20k views. So then he decided to turn that into his own project.Ironically, James Rolfe was the first person I thought of. I was watching videos of his when he was still the Angry Nintendo Nerd. Hm, I'm in the mood to watch an AVGN video now. I always liked the Atari Jaguar ep (minus that ending) and the other vids he did on actual consoles.

You know, I'm now wondering how Doug got started with the whole Critic persona. I knew how Rolfe started with the AVGN stuff (Mike's influence, as you said), but never knew how Doug got started.

Seems that cubed is ignoring the fact that some of these now "famous" online folks didn't start off this way, or started making videos way before making money on the net was a thing.

Prowler
10-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Ironically, James Rolfe was the first person I thought of. I was watching videos of his when he was still the Angry Nintendo Nerd. Hm, I'm in the mood to watch an AVGN video now. I always liked the Atari Jaguar ep (minus that ending) and the other vids he did on actual consoles.

You know, I'm now wondering how Doug got started with the whole Critic persona. I knew how Rolfe started with the AVGN stuff (Mike's influence, as you said), but never knew how Doug got started.

Seems that cubed is ignoring the fact that some of these now "famous" online folks didn't start off this way, or started making videos way before making money on the net was a thing.
I've been following James Rolfe's work since... late 2006. Holy hell, for a decade now! :teek:. At the time, he still had not signed up with Game Trailers and his latest video was Nightmare on Elm Street. And, as you mentioned, he was still known as the Angry Nintendo Nerd.

Man, favourite episodes? Silver Surfer, Dick Tracy, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, Big Rigs, Desert Bus, Superman 64, just to name some.

I've honestly never seen a Nostalgia Critic video.

ssjup81
10-01-2016, 06:36 AM
I've been following James Rolfe's work since... late 2006. Holy hell, for a decade now! :teek:. At the time, he still had not signed up with Game Trailers and his latest video was Nightmare on Elm Street. And, as you mentioned, he was still known as the Angry Nintendo Nerd.Did you see his Mega Man video? It was nice how he spliced in older video stuff for it.Man, favourite episodes? Silver Surfer, Dick Tracy, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, Big Rigs, Desert Bus, Superman 64, just to name some.

I've honestly never seen a Nostalgia Critic video.Oh man, I rewatched the Dick Tracy one a few weeks ago, and I always end up going back to Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. That was hilarious. It's hard to believe that game was actually put out, and that botched line read. Geez. :lol:

Prowler
10-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Did you see his Mega Man video? It was nice how he spliced in older video stuff for it.Oh man, I rewatched the Dick Tracy one a few weeks ago, and I always end up going back to Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. That was hilarious. It's hard to believe that game was actually put out, and that botched line read. Geez. :lol:
I certainly did.

Dick Tracy is great because he gets really angry.

Oh, Action 52 is another one of my favorites. How could I forget that one?

snake
10-01-2016, 12:20 PM
I love Board James. The second season is batsh*t insane with lore stuff.

Prowler
10-01-2016, 12:32 PM
I love Board James. The second season is batsh*t insane with lore stuff.
One of their recurring guests is a bit annoying at times.

I like that episode where James kills everyone at the end.

CyberCubed
10-01-2016, 02:04 PM
The only reason i would consider making videos is to make some extra money. I have no desire to scream into a camera for 20 minutes. In fact if I were to make videos I probably wouldn't show my face at all, but rather things I'm reviewing just with my voice narrating and so forth.

The problem is anything I'm interested in has already been done a million times over like videogames, cartoons, comics, etc...so I can't think of anything that isn't already being done by already famous people making millions.

ssjup81
10-01-2016, 02:21 PM
The only reason i would consider making videos is to make some extra money. I have no desire to scream into a camera for 20 minutes. In fact if I were to make videos I probably wouldn't show my face at all, but rather things I'm reviewing just with my voice narrating and so forth.

The problem is anything I'm interested in has already been done a million times over like videogames, cartoons, comics, etc...so I can't think of anything that isn't already being done by already famous people making millions.Danger Dolan does countdown lists, but they only use animations and only their voices. Each person on the channel has their own character. You obviously don't look at YT videos much and where is this screaming in the camera thing coming from? Do you watch anything on YT?

ssjup81
10-01-2016, 02:24 PM
I certainly did.

Dick Tracy is great because he gets really angry.

Oh, Action 52 is another one of my favorites. How could I forget that one?I remember seeing Action 52 as a kid at the video store. Never rented it or anything since I had an SNES. My cousin had the NES. Boy, we would've been disappointed if they would've rented that.

CyberCubed
10-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Do official companies still get money from youtube when they put their stuff there? For example you see DC, Marvel, Cartoon Network, Nintendo, Sony, game websites, etc. all put their trailers, commercials, promo's, etc. on youtube. Do they also get money for youtube since their views are tremendous?

ssjup81
10-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Do official companies still get money from youtube when they put their stuff there? For example you see DC, Marvel, Cartoon Network, Nintendo, Sony, game websites, etc. all put their trailers, commercials, promo's, etc. on youtube. Do they also get money for youtube since their views are tremendous?Beats me. In all honesty, I couldn't imagine Nintendo doing something like that.

Powder
10-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Any channel whose videos have ads on the screen get money, but others who don't do too. It's pretty much a given they're benefiting from it one way or another.

CyberCubed
10-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Its just weird. There have been people on youtube with accounts dating back to 2006 and some people never made much money at all.

Pewdewpie registered as recently as 2010 and made millions. How is it possible?

Powder
10-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Beats me. I don't understand YT trends. Kids today will just eat up absolute garbage.

CyberCubed
10-01-2016, 09:15 PM
I've been sitting here on my ass for the last 10 years trolling message boards. When instead I could have been making money off kids/teens on youtube. What have I been doing the last 10 years?

Obviously working a regular job isn't going to cut it anymore.

Powder
10-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Accept your new fate as God of the internet.

snake
10-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Cybercubed is such a wizard

Prowler
10-02-2016, 02:23 AM
Any channel whose videos have ads on the screen get money, but others who don't do too. It's pretty much a given they're benefiting from it one way or another.
I believe you'd have to become a YouTube partner in order to generate profit, no?

Cybercubed is such a wizard
Oh right. He is 30 already.

ssjup81
10-02-2016, 07:18 AM
I've been sitting here on my ass for the last 10 years trolling message boards. When instead I could have been making money off kids/teens on youtube. What have I been doing the last 10 years?

Obviously working a regular job isn't going to cut it anymore.
Why aren't you banned?

CyberCubed
10-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Why aren't you banned?

Why would you ask that?

Coola Yagami
10-02-2016, 12:40 PM
This thread needs to be locked.

CyberCubed
10-02-2016, 12:41 PM
This thread needs to be locked.

What's the best way to make money on youtube, in your opinion? I'd be happy with something as little as $100 a month.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-02-2016, 01:17 PM
I don't think you understand how successful you'd have to be to make even 100 dollars off YouTube.

BubblyShell22
10-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Why don't you get off your lazy little a** and research it?

CyberCubed
10-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I don't think you understand how successful you'd have to be to make even 100 dollars off YouTube.

Apparently you need a certain amount of subscribers and views for a video, but it has to remain consistent with all future uploads you do as well. Then you join a youtube partners program and they give you money only after you hit $100 to cash it out.

Coola Yagami
10-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Apparently you need a certain amount of subscribers and views for a video, but it has to remain consistent with all future uploads you do as well. Then you join a youtube partners program and they give you money only after you hit $100 to cash it out.

Correct. But you have to make super good and entertaining videos that will somehow get you tons of views, fans and subs so that when you release the next one you already have a few thousand people lined up and waiting for it. Like how people look forward to a new Critic video every Tuesday.

Obviously I haven't figured that out lol. I have at most 5 people that look forward to every video. Everyone else who watches... I don't know who they are but I do get random new comments from all new people every once in a while. But again, I do it for the fun.

Commenter 42
10-03-2016, 02:59 AM
aPDnKj6NkIk

ProactiveMan
10-04-2016, 09:45 AM
aPDnKj6NkIk

There isn't a lot to do in Queensland evidently.

Commenter 42
10-04-2016, 09:46 PM
There isn't a lot to do in Queensland evidently.

Evidently.

Master this, you're ready for toad jenga.

CyberCubed
10-09-2016, 12:02 AM
So this is strange to me, a lot of people making money on youtube are people who do reviews or product reviews of videogames, movies, tv shows, toys, etc.

But it seems like youtube has copyright strikes if you show screens/videos/music from something you're reviewing. So how are all these big youtuber make money over doing reviews or saying their thoughts on movies, tv shows, videogames, etc? I see in their videos they show clips of whatever it is they're reviewing, so is that allowed?

I don't get it. I also see people are making money just by reviewing toys, like DC or Marvel action figures, Nintendo Amiibo's, whatever, etc.....is this all fair game for monetization?

Cure
10-09-2016, 12:19 AM
is this all fair game for monetization?

No. They are all wanted by the law and are constantly on the run.

Coola Yagami
10-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Depends on the company. Some don't mind you doing it. Others actually make deals with big youtubers and actually encourage it (all blind boxes I know of encourage you to film your live reaction). Some companies just don't care and claim your videos regardless. I've dealt with claims before. Even with Viacom.

The Deadman
10-09-2016, 02:13 PM
He just now figured out you can make money on YouTube? In 20 years he'll probably just find out that you can do the same exact thing on Twitch. The whole "being out of touch" schtick ran it's course...probably best to end it while there's still time.

CyberCubed
10-09-2016, 03:52 PM
He just now figured out you can make money on YouTube? In 20 years he'll probably just find out that you can do the same exact thing on Twitch. The whole "being out of touch" schtick ran it's course...probably best to end it while there's still time.

I remember vaguely hearing people making money on youtube around 2012-2013, but I never thought much of it because I assumed they were professionals working for some already established media outlet and they just put their videos on youtube.

I had no idea regular teens and 20 year olds were making millions just by screaming into a camera or making fools of themselves.

The Deadman
10-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Believe me when I tell you that teenagers are NOT making millions off of YouTube videos, especially when it's all based off of views.

BubblyShell22
10-09-2016, 04:07 PM
And that just proves that Cubed lives under a big rock. Hell, Justin Bieber got his start on YouTube and look where he is now. It's not just people acting foolish either. Many musicians put their stuff on YT and end up getting discovered and getting record deals.

CyberCubed
10-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Believe me when I tell you that teenagers are NOT making millions off of YouTube videos, especially when it's all based off of views.

A lot of them are, or at least $20,000-$50,000 a year which is still damn good money. Most people don't even make that in their normal job for a year.

ssjup81
10-09-2016, 05:39 PM
A lot of them are, or at least $20,000-$50,000 a year which is still damn good money. Most people don't even make that in their normal job for a year.
I seriously doubt this. They have school. You need time to do videos. There are those like NC, AVGN, that Gnoggin dude, etc., who ended up quitting their jobs to put out more content since it was so time-consuming.

CyberCubed
10-09-2016, 06:57 PM
I seriously doubt this. They have school. You need time to do videos. There are those like NC, AVGN, that Gnoggin dude, etc., who ended up quitting their jobs to put out more content since it was so time-consuming.

It takes 1 hour to do a video on a weekend, its not like it interferes with school/work. You post one video a week that takes about an hour or two of your free time on your weekend, and that's all you need to do.

ssjup81
10-09-2016, 07:00 PM
It takes 1 hour to do a video on a weekend, its not like it interferes with school/work. You post one video a week that takes about an hour or two of your free time on your weekend, and that's all you need to do.Depends on the content or the type of videos being made. There's always editing to consider or script writing.

CyberCubed
10-10-2016, 02:34 AM
Its weird that youtube is also filled with videogame playthroughs but some people are able to make money off them and others can't and get copyright claims. I don't get it. You're physically playing the game (that assumingly you bought), so why is it considered copyright infringement uploading clips of it?

I don't get how these people made money off of videogame footage.

ssjup81
10-10-2016, 02:40 AM
Its weird that youtube is also filled with videogame playthroughs but some people are able to make money off them and others can't and get copyright claims. I don't get it. You're physically playing the game (that assumingly you bought), so why is it considered copyright infringement uploading clips of it?

I don't get how these people made money off of videogame footage.
Beats me how that works. I never understood that.

CyberCubed
10-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Also how do people monetize their "reactions" to gameplay trailers, movie trailers, TV show reviews, etc...when they show footage of what they're watching and music of it which is copyrighted material. According to youtube policies you can't make money off a video that has copyrighted material from videogames, movies, tv shows, music, etc.

Yet all these channels on youtube feature reviews of all this stuff with footage. So how do they get away with it? I don't understand the loopholes.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Good question. A few months ago this guy had the same question and tore into the activities of these "reactors". That bit starts three minutes in.

vjXNvLDkDTA

CyberCubed
10-11-2016, 12:52 AM
^ That guys voice and speech pattern are hilarious.

ssjup81
10-11-2016, 06:01 AM
I do feel that some do overreact. Mark Pillar comes to mind for me.

CyberCubed
10-11-2016, 09:32 AM
They are making big money because all the young teens and middle school kids follow them. If you have a million 13-14 year olds following you that's where they're getting their money. That's why people who look like idiots to adults are raking in cash, because young immature 13-15 year olds dig this stuff.