PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Classic Collection Series (Versions)

tmntskid
09-24-2016, 01:50 AM
http://s21.postimg.org/7doahnfqb/Hydrangeas_zps44543e1c.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/7doahnfqb/)

Someone knows about different versions of this collection? I read someone claiming he had the US version and also I've seen many Asian sellers selling them on eBay kind of cheap.

Is there an Asian version? is it official? If not, how can I differentiate from each other?

Rocksteady and Bebop from this series are in the same situation?

What happened with the prototypes I saw of Krang and Shredder?

Sorry I have many questions. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

JonesyKitty
09-24-2016, 02:13 AM
http://s21.postimg.org/7doahnfqb/Hydrangeas_zps44543e1c.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/7doahnfqb/)

Someone knows about different versions of this collection? I read someone claiming he had the US version and also I've seen many Asian sellers selling them on eBay kind of cheap.

Is there an Asian version? is it official? If not, how can I differentiate from each other?

Rocksteady and Bebop from this series are in the same situation?

What happened with the prototypes I saw of Krang and Shredder?

Sorry I have many questions. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

To briefly answer a few of these the Asian ones are bootlegs, easiest way to tell is the sewer lid stands don't have black wash on them, they're straight grey. The bootlegs are stiffer and the wrapping on Donatello's bo is silver while the authentic ones are white.

Bebop and Rocksteady I'm not sure as far as bootlegs go. The authentic ones have plain grey bases though.

And sadly Shredder and Krang were cancelled due to the turtles not selling well.

Hope I cleared up a few of those for you :)

go_ninja84
09-24-2016, 06:27 AM
also i believe the bootleg versions dont have the finger articulation

EddieNES
09-24-2016, 07:55 AM

Yup. Hand is full rubber.
Crossed eyes are a good indication as well.

The problem is they use stock images mostly. So you'll have to trust your gut based on the price.

I've never seen bootleg Bebop or Rocksteady.

DevilSpooky
09-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Yup. Hand is full rubber.
Crossed eyes are a good indication as well.

The problem is they use stock images mostly. So you'll have to trust your gut based on the price.

I've never seen bootleg Bebop or Rocksteady.

Actually, it's not, that also plagued the official Playmates line, especially Donnie's.

JonesyKitty
09-24-2016, 12:59 PM

Forgot about that, if you boil them you can split where the fingers should be articulated and th ey can move. They still don't hold the weapons very well but i had to do that to mine.

tmntfannumerouno
09-24-2016, 05:57 PM
To briefly answer a few of these the Asian ones are bootlegs, easiest way to tell is the sewer lid stands don't have black wash on them, they're straight grey. The bootlegs are stiffer and the wrapping on Donatello's bo is silver while the authentic ones are white.

Bebop and Rocksteady I'm not sure as far as bootlegs go. The authentic ones have plain grey bases though.

And sadly Shredder and Krang were cancelled due to the turtles not selling well.

Hope I cleared up a few of those for you :)

I have a set of each and my bootlegs are missing bicep swivel/rotation, missing thigh swivel/rotation, missing toe articulation, the shoulders are ball pegged not hinged, missing finger articulation, and hands are hard plastic not rubber.
They do have ankle pivot, the stands are black washed, and Donatello's bo staff is white not silver.

So with that said it's easier when shopping around to just look at the pics for the missing articulation. Hopefully the seller isn't using stock images.

Huzzah
09-24-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm glad I passed over these releases back when they first came out. They're bulky pieces of plastic wth very few redeeming factors. The Turtles anyway, though Bebop and Rocksteady have fewer articulation points they're much better figures in a better 6 inch scale, they look better with the Figuarts figures than they ever looked with Playmates "collector" figures.