PDA

View Full Version : Which Character Dies

Vicky82
09-25-2016, 12:50 PM
This deserves a thread of it's own. I will add a poll and it will be multiple choice.

Gwendoline Yeo posted new episode titles on Twitter earlier, one of the titles is Episode 25 Requiem.

https://twitter.com/GwendolineYeo/status/779988618718752769

If you don't know the meaning of the word, it means a mass for the dead or another way of saying it, a Funeral.

So it looks like someone will die.

Who do you think will die, Permanently or Temporary.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-25-2016, 12:55 PM
My bets are that its gonna be Shredder and that its going to be permanent

Everything seems to be building up to his demise,he has shown the full extent of his insanity (willing to let the earth get destroyed), will be going super shredder, and Karai has made it her ultimate goal to kill him

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-25-2016, 12:57 PM
Knowing that the original concept for Nick TMNT would've had Splinter already dead and only present in flashbacks, I'd bet on Splinter dying at some point in the final season of Nick TMNT.

PApagreg
09-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Splinter but it won't be for long

FredWolfLeonardo
09-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Splinter but it won't be for long

I'd be baffled if he did get killed again, but even more if it is once again temporary and just a set up for the turtles going on their mystical journey in season 5. It would have alot more weight to it if it was It was permanent and not just a plot device

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 01:10 PM
I think its going to be Splinter although I wish it weren't.

Splinter already almost died at the end of Season 2, and then died at the end of Season 3. Seeing him killed off a "third time" would be beyond redundant, even if its permanent this time.

Vicky82
09-25-2016, 01:15 PM
I voted Splinter for a permanent death because i've been going on about it ever since the Space Arc, so i'm still sticking with it.

I voted Mikey for a temporary death because he's my favorite character and I love to see something bad happen to him, maybe he will save someones life by taking a hit for them.

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 01:16 PM
I doubt any of the Turtles would die because they would just have to undo it quickly when the next season starts anyway.

I've also thought it might happen to April with all this "Dark April" stuff happening. April temporarily dying could happen.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-25-2016, 01:19 PM
Whoever dies, I'm confident it will be permanent, no time travel to save them this time.

Also, I think the overall most likely to die will be Splinter, Shredder or maybe even Karai. I'd just find it silly for the writers to kill off one of the turtles.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-25-2016, 01:22 PM
One thing which comes to mind though is killing off all of the turtles seems fairly possible. Judging by the mystical arc of season 5, the turtles might get killed in the end of the season 4 finale and wake up in a "King Kai" type planet where they meet all the mystical creatures.

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 01:34 PM
If anyone's going to go, I hope Shredder receives a poetic send off even though I know that at this point it seems very unlikely given his current state. Really though, my answer would be nobody (and I don't care what the title says).

P.S. If we're talking temporary, "Requiem" might be the episode where my latest theory about what may happen next (in the Season 4 Discussion thread) will come to pass: Ho Chan will return and Karai might just meet the spirit of her mother. So if we're talking temporary I might choose Karai and just for that episode.

snake
09-25-2016, 02:19 PM
My money's on Splinter. After he gave that speech in Mutant Gangland, combined with the cliche of the old master dying. He's gonna kick the bucket soon.

I think Karai has a chance too.

Powder
09-25-2016, 02:27 PM
If anyone's going to go, I hope Shredder receives a poetic send off even though I know that at this point it seems very unlikely given his current state. Really though, my answer would be nobody (and I don't care what the title says).

This is my thought/hope too.

BubblyShell22
09-25-2016, 03:04 PM
I would say Karai or Splinter though I don't want any of the good guys to die.

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 03:08 PM
Karai isn't going to die, there's no point.

It'll be either Splinter or Shredder, although in either case it'll probably feel redundant.

Ashwolf
09-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Karai isn't going to die, there's no point.

It'll be either Splinter or Shredder, although in either case it'll probably feel redundant.

from that whole "kiba" thing that auman posted awhile back, guessing something is gonna happen that will cause her to loose control of her snake half instead of dying

MikeandRaph87
09-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Knowing that the original concept for Nick TMNT would've had Splinter already dead and only present in flashbacks, I'd bet on Splinter dying at some point in the final season of Nick TMNT.

I don't see that happening since it has already been done in this season. The whole premise for Back To The Sewers in the 2003 cartoon was to bring him back so its been done with Splinter in cartoons before and I don't care fo a retread. Why not Karai's friend be the sacrificed character if there is one?

TMNTInsighter
09-25-2016, 03:41 PM
I don't see that happening since it has already been done in this season. The whole premise for Back To The Sewers in the 2003 cartoon was to bring him back so its been done with Splinter in cartoons before and I don't care fo a retread. Why not Karai's friend be the sacrificed character if there is one?

Then Shini's role would have just been a sacrificial lamb all along and that's never a welcome thing. Besides, since Gwendoline is going to be a part of Season 5 it looks like she's safe.

MartiusR
09-25-2016, 03:49 PM
This deserves a thread of it's own. I will add a poll and it will be multiple choice.

Gwendoline Yeo posted new episode titles on Twitter earlier, one of the titles is Episode 25 Requiem.

https://twitter.com/GwendolineYeo/status/779988618718752769

If you don't know the meaning of the word, it means a mass for the dead or another way of saying it, a Funeral.

So it looks like someone will die.

Who do you think will die, Permanently or Temporary.

I would risk the thesis, that title "Requiem" could have two meanings. One - literally, death of characters (since there is "prepared" big clash between Shredder and Karai, I would assume that these two could "kill each other", maybe with some "additional help" of other characters). And the second meaning - symbolical Requiem for Foot Clan (in NY/overall?), since there in this situation they're without leader (and any rightful successor).

Buuut probably I'm interpretating it too far and it will be something different. Oh well :P

Meliwen
09-25-2016, 05:20 PM
If it's permanent, my vote is for Splinter.

If it's temporary, my vote is for Karai, especially if she ends up meeting her mother because of it. It seems like of all the characters to temporarily die, she could get the most out of it. While Karai is my first choice, I wouldn't mind if it was one of the other main characters instead, except Splinter or Leo.

victory_angel
09-25-2016, 06:46 PM
What if Requiem is a "Tales of..." situation. In Tales of Leo, Splinter mentioned that the voices of loved ones can bring someone back even from the brink of death. It could be possible that any injuries received could be bad enough for the healing mantra to be ineffective. Thus having the Turtles have a tales of...story line as a way of saying good-bye to their loved one only for the wounded Turtle show signs of recovery.

Another possibility is that one of the Turtles is supposedly lost during the battle, and they have a tales of... story line to deal with the supposed death.

This shouldn't be Splinter since he has already died last season and having him pass on again is redundant.

And Leo has done enough of the "Sacrificial Lion" moments for the past season.

myconius
09-26-2016, 08:59 PM
Mutagen Man.

i'd like to see Timmothy return back to human, only to try to take on Tiger Claw and Rahzar all by himself and get diced up into Sashimi.

BubblyShell22
09-27-2016, 11:25 AM
Considering that haven't done anything with him past season 2, I highly doubt Tim will be the one who gets the axe.

drag0nfeathers
09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm going to say the predictable character would be Shredder. It's been building and he's been offed before in prior series roughly around this point so it's pretty easy to see that. (not to say he wouldn't somehow be resurrected at some point, some how) But honestly, what I would hope for though is Karai... I'm sorry, but as a character I just don't like her anymore. She's just a hot mess... and has been taken in so many direction s that I just can't stand her anymore. I like the idea of her meeting her mother in some kind of spiritual sense that helps her get her mind back together.

They're certainly not going to kill off any of the turtles and I think killing Splinter again so soon would be a bit redundant so I hope they don't go in that direction. I really love this version of Splinter, he's probably my favorite version of him to date.

I'm predicting a Super Shredder showdown that leads with him being beaten finally. That seems the most obvious answer to me anyway.

IndigoErth
09-27-2016, 09:25 PM
The Turtles are a clear "no." Splinter would be the most impactful, and heartbreaking since these Turtles seem so young, but it would be redundant. Shredder makes the most sense.

Of course, it could be as un-noteworthy as, say, April's dad.

Redeemer
09-28-2016, 08:23 PM
I have to say Karia bc of the foreshadowing and hints being dropped by splinter in previous episodes.

Miko84
09-30-2016, 02:57 AM
I agree that it will be Karai, but I don't think she'll stay dead forever, just about 8-10 episodes. Her death would make a nice cliff-hanger of whether or not her regenerative powers revived her, and it would put her back on her "limbo shelf" that the writers like to use when she's not necessary for current plots.
My speculation: In Showdown she jumped in front of Shredder to defend him from Splinter, so it wouldn't surprise me if she does a Tang Shen for Splinter while he's battling Super Shredder and takes a knife to the neck. Her body falls in water again, everyone is sad she's dead, the final scene is her starting to heal herself, and then we don't see her again till halfway through season 5.
i don't think they'll kill Splinter again, but I do think they'll put him through the emotional turmoil of watching the man who killed his wife kill his daughter while she's trying to save him. They're awesome like that.

victory_angel
09-30-2016, 03:38 AM
I agree that it will be Karai, but I don't think she'll stay dead forever, just about 8-10 episodes. Her death would make a nice cliff-hanger of whether or not her regenerative powers revived her, and it would put her back on her "limbo shelf" that the writers like to use when she's not necessary for current plots.
My speculation: In Showdown she jumped in front of Shredder to defend him from Splinter, so it wouldn't surprise me if she does a Tang Shen for Splinter while he's battling Super Shredder and takes a knife to the neck. Her body falls in the water again, everyone is sad she's dead, the final scene is her starting to heal herself, and then we don't see her again till halfway through season 5.
i don't think they'll kill Splinter again, but I do think they'll put him through the emotional turmoil of watching the man who killed his wife kill his daughter while she's trying to save him. They're awesome like that.

There is also the metaphorical death, such as what was happening to her during serpent hunt as well as pig and rhino. In those episodes, she was slowly losing her mind to her mutation, and the Turtles attempts at curing her didn't work. So she says that she had wanted to them to find her so she could say goodbye.

We don't know what stockman did to stabilize her mutation, but it could be possible that was just a temporary fix that gives her more time.

Sort of like medications and procedures for conditions such as Alzheimer's or Cancer, for some the medications are able to make the conditions go away, but for many the others, the person is just given more time to be with their loved ones an prepare for the end.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-30-2016, 04:55 AM
Perhaps the turtles will be all injured badly by the finale by Super Shredder so they will be in a deep coma and the mystical adventures of season 5 will take place in their mind while April and Splimter take intensive care of them. Since the space arc was so long and season 5 will only be 20 episodes, it would then make sense to have the mystical arc much shorter, 5 episodes at the max and have less filler so they can quickly progress the story and be up soon to finally take down Super Shredder.

shredder orokusaki
09-30-2016, 07:08 AM
I will kill Spinter all of the turtles and Karai!!!

ToTheNines
09-30-2016, 08:03 AM
You're just mad Splinter cucked you.

Redworld96
10-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Poor Donnie, he's the turtle with more votes to die in this poll :ohwell:

GoldMutant
10-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Poor Donnie, he's the turtle with more votes to die in this poll :ohwell:

Considering he's had the most near death experiences outside Leo's sacrificial moments, especially in season 4, it's not surprising.

Based on poll, here's what I think of each option:

Splinter- Would they really do it a second time? I get Ciro wanted Splinter dead at the start of the series, but it feels too predictable to happen a second time.

Karai- Yes.

The Turtles- I honestly can't see any of them dying, except maybe Donatello depending on this "Dark April arc" that'll happen. You can't have an episode without all of them in this series unlike other versions; take "Dark Raphael" for example. Outside overhyping it and the synopsis of Deadly Venom, in which Karai would poison every Turtle, would it have lasted? Poor example, but either way Raph at the very least lacks the weight as his character isn't fully identifiable at this stage.

Leo and Mikey are more middling. Leonardo though the predictable choice to kill seems to challenge how the others will grow. However, he'll be reduced to yet another sacrifice; he might be heroic doing so, but it's cliched nonetheless. Michelangelo on the other hand... eh, it'll be emotional if he grows up and takes a serious hit but considering on merchandise he's often the fan favorite, too risky.

April O'Neil- Like Don, it depends on her descent. She'll either be a villain or killed before being brought back, along with anyone who gets killed, by the series finale if season 5 is the last season.

Casey Jones- For the love of God, kill him. There's been no photos of Josh Peck at recordings, correct? Odds are if Don or April don't bite the dust, it'll be him.

Shredder- Another predictable choice, just make sure when Super Shredder come up, it's a good death compared to SotO. :ohwell:

Other- The two choices here are Kirby and Tiger Claw; the former because the stakes of a finale require him to suffer, this would be the only option for him. Tiger Claw fully depends on what the actual intentions are of next season. All other characters are either ambiguous to decide on via head canon or are still working with the Foot.

Mikey is personally my choice for someone to die off among the core seven. It works like this:

If Leo dies, the team loses their leader and must grow as a unit.
If Raph dies, the strength would go down.
If Don dies, no more easy ways out with his intellect.
If Mikey dies, the morale goes down.
If Splinter dies, the team loses their wisdom.
If April dies/goes completely dark, the team are in a moral struggle.
If Casey dies, who cares? :P (I don't know how Casey would impact anything, he's just there right now personally).

LS Animation
10-03-2016, 01:21 AM
I think Karai might die. In terms of storytelling it makes the most sense because it would open up a lot more potential storylines for the turtles coping with the loss and it could lead to Splinter going on a vengeance mission. I'd like to see him more active like in Season 1. My favorite episodes are when Splinter was doing things rather than just chilling in the sewers.

Besides, killing Splinter off again (while it is possible) seems quite stupid. What was the point of killing him off the first time if he dies again so soon? If you're going to kill off Splinter then do it and leave him be. Don't make him return for like 10-12 episodes and kill him off again... that's just bad storytelling.

victory_angel
10-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Considering he's had the most near death experiences outside Leo's sacrificial moments, especially in season 4, it's not surprising.

Also in Splinter's statement at the end of Mutant Gangland, he points out "How terrible it would be to have unresolved anger for one another."

Part of this is foreshadowing towards something. Through out this series Donnie and Leo have had the least moments bonding. They have had their moments where they work together or are together, but they aren't really bonding moments.

Also Donnie and Leo have had a festoring tention that has existed since the finale of season two, but its only shown itself when Donnie and/or Leo are frustrated or overwhelmed. Which means that when the writers do get around to addressing this tention, it would be due to something else going on. And it would possibly be too little to late.

But the other matter is by and large in the end all the Turtles truely have is eachother. They have lots of family, particularly extended/honorary family, but those people can be there one moment and gone the next. So the only thing they can rely on is the the four of them. Which would make it all the more important that they remain together as their unity is their strength.

LeotheLateBloomer
10-03-2016, 06:03 PM
You tend to bring up this Leo and Donnie tension quite a lot. Brothers get on each other's nerves, it happens.

victory_angel
10-03-2016, 07:36 PM
You tend to bring up this Leo and Donnie tension quite a lot. Brothers get on each other's nerves, it happens.

I meant the unaddressed tention from their argument back in the season 2 finale. Donnie blamed himself for what happened to Leo and in a way still does from time to time.

There has been no indication or confirmation that they have even talked about it when they really need to. Back during the farm house it's like they want to talk about it but they want the other one to broach the subject. And after the farm house they are trying to pretend the whole thing never happened and moving on but it still bugs them on a subconcious level.

Shark_Blade
10-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Karai seems more likely.

GoldMutant
10-04-2016, 06:29 AM
I meant the unaddressed tention from their argument back in the season 2 finale. Donnie blamed himself for what happened to Leo and in a way still does from time to time.

There has been no indication or confirmation that they have even talked about it when they really need to. Back during the farm house it's like they want to talk about it but they want the other one to broach the subject. And after the farm house they are trying to pretend the whole thing never happened and moving on but it still bugs them on a subconcious level.

Let's face facts, many of these moments don't get built upon. Mutagen rain? Last brought up in season 3, but nearly forgotten about since Pizza Face. Slash vs Raph? Let's force Slash to receive a 180 turn. So on and so forth.

You're better off writing a fan fiction and leave it behind, they had their opportunity and blew it. All that moment was for was to set up the two Turtle plots of The Invasion and culminate in both sides failing, nothing more.

TMNTInsighter
10-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I don't think it's gonna be Karai at all! She has to become leader of the Foot Clan by the end of the season (or next). That is a lot more fitting than death.

turtlefanforever
10-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Everyone. They all died when Nick greenlit this show.

Vicky82
10-04-2016, 11:25 AM
I had this thought today because I remembered in Earth's Last Stand that we all thought that it was weird that Mikey didn't hug Leo when he nearly died but Donnie and Raph did, so today I had a thought that it could be foreshadowing.

So maybe in upcoming episodes Mikey is badly injured or he dies (temporary) so Leo, Raph and Donnie hug each other because they are upset that something bad has happened to Mikey.

I know I said this before but in previous episodes before Earth Last Stand, Mikey risked his life to save April a few times and Raph too, also Mikey was nearly dropped into the lava by Lord Dregg as well, so Mikey could save someone's life by taking a hit for them.

The Happy One
10-04-2016, 01:59 PM
I had this thought today because I remembered in Earth's Last Stand that we all thought that it was weird that Mikey didn't hug Leo when he nearly died but Donnie and Raph did, so today I had a thought that it could be foreshadowing.

So maybe in upcoming episodes Mikey is badly injured or he dies (temporary) so Leo, Raph and Donnie hug each other because they are upset that something bad has happened to Mikey.

I know I said this before but in previous episodes before Earth Last Stand, Mikey risked his life to save April a few times and Raph too, also Mikey was nearly dropped into the lava by Lord Dregg as well, so Mikey could save someone's life by taking a hit for them.

A...little far out there dontcha think? I mean, i get where you're coming from. But that seems like quite the stretch

Vicky82
10-04-2016, 02:03 PM
A...little far out there dontcha think? I mean, i get where you're coming from. But that seems like quite the stretch

Yeah I know but it is just speculation. It was one of those moments I had to write about it, otherwise I would keep thinking about it more.

ssjup81
10-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Yeah I know but it is just speculation. It was one of those moments I had to write about it, otherwise I would keep thinking about it more.I actually like your theory and have for a while. It would be nice if there's actually some validity to it and that they are foreshadowing something with Mikey's character.

The Happy One
10-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Yeah I know but it is just speculation. It was one of those moments I had to write about it, otherwise I would keep thinking about it more.

Ah, gotcha:) yeah it would be nice to see Mikey get a chance at...y'knowneing the hero. I mean he kinda gets validation in that in things like the retromutagen- something that originally was Don's big thing- was solved by him and...just about everything else. But to see him actually save someone or something without just relying on the same silly plot device they use would be awesome

victory_angel
10-05-2016, 12:53 AM

I actually like your theory and have for a while. It would be nice if there's actually some validity to it and that they are foreshadowing something with Mikey's character.

Ah, gotcha:) yeah it would be nice to see Mikey get a chance at...y'knowneing the hero. I mean he kinda gets validation in that in things like the retromutagen- something that originally was Don's big thing- was solved by him and...just about everything else. But to see him actually save someone or something without just relying on the same silly plot device they use would be awesome

I also understand and like your theory, and I agree Mikey does need to be a hero. With the whole Raph and Don hugging Leo however. Donnie doesn't perform physical displays of affection with his brothers. Normally one of them hugs him rather then him hugging them.

If requiem does turn out to be a 'tales of...' story line, perhaps Mikey will be the one that starts talking to their dying loved one. Or the first one who realizes their loved one can hear them.

BubblyShell22
10-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Or it could be an episode where all of the Turtles are told stories about their lives because they are feeling upset that they were defeated by Shredder again.

victory_angel
10-08-2016, 05:46 PM
According to the Dramatic reading of the next episode they did at comic con. It starts out with the Shredder growing impatient about his recovery and demands he be given the rest of it immediately.

Stockman tries to inform him that the mutagen is too unstable and they needed to let it enter his system slowly, but Shredder isn't having it. That results in his horrific mutation, but Shredder says he's cool with it.

In the mean time at the lair, Splinter is leading the Turtles in a Meditation Exercise when he receives a vision warning him of his demise. He informs the turtles of this, Donatello inquiries that it's just a dream and couldn't be real. Splinter sighs and says that dreams are often symbolic not literal.

While this foreshadows Splinter's demise, I don't think it will be Splinter who bites it.

Often in cases where someone has a vision of death informing others about the vision, results in the there is someone elses death instead.

Splinter has said he had wanted to do the Anti-anxiety mantra on the other Turtles possible reasons to use it.

Such as the events of issue 44 for example. I admit I haven't read beyond episode 50, but I have heard Donnie has some PTSD about what happened to him.

And it's not the first time a Turtle has died and been brought back to life. At the end of Tales of Leo, Leonardo does tell his family that he was gone. But they brought him back.

Vicky82
10-09-2016, 02:35 AM
According to the Dramatic reading of the next episode they did at comic con. It starts out with the Shredder growing impatient about his recovery and demands he be given the rest of it immediately.

Stockman tries to inform him that the mutagen is too unstable and they needed to let it enter his system slowly, but Shredder isn't having it. That results in his horrific mutation, but Shredder says he's cool with it.

In the mean time at the lair, Splinter is leading the Turtles in a Meditation Exercise when he receives a vision warning him of his demise. He informs the turtles of this, Donatello inquiries that it's just a dream and couldn't be real. Splinter sighs and says that dreams are often symbolic not literal.

While this foreshadows Splinter's demise, I don't think it will be Splinter who bites it.

Often in cases where someone has a vision of death informing others about the vision, results in the there is someone elses death instead.

Splinter has said he had wanted to do the Anti-anxiety mantra on the other Turtles possible reasons to use it.

Such as the events of issue 44 for example. I admit I haven't read beyond episode 50, but I have heard Donnie has some PTSD about what happened to him.

And it's not the first time a Turtle has died and been brought back to life. At the end of Tales of Leo, Leonardo does tell his family that he was gone. But they brought him back.

Yeah, even if Splinter is seeing himself getting killed by Shredder, it could actually be someone else, Karai perhaps.

TMNTInsighter
10-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Yeah, even if Splinter is seeing himself getting killed by Shredder, it could actually be someone else, Karai perhaps.

She has to lead the Foot Clan...

Vicky82
10-09-2016, 12:36 PM
She has to lead the Foot Clan...

Her death would obviously be temporary, I've always said this.

TMNTInsighter
10-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Her death would obviously be temporary, I've always said this.

Yeah but how would it happen?

Vicky82
10-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Yeah but how would it happen?

I don't know (I can't think of any theories at the moment), at first I thought that Demodragon will have something to do with it in bringing her back from the dead. But I'm not so sure now after watching the new clip.

Anyway, Splinter getting killed off permanently has always been my no 1 choice.

victory_angel
10-09-2016, 02:19 PM
I don't know (I can't think of any theories at the moment), at first I thought that Demodragon will have something to do with it in bringing her back from the dead. But I'm not so sure now after watching the new clip.

Anyway, Splinter getting killed off permanently has always been my no 1 choice.

But Splinter already has been killed off once. I suppose having him die again would be saying that preventing Splinter's death from the last season was delaying the inevitable.

But it seems almost redundant to have him die once again. That's why I hope requiem is a "tales of..." story line. Such as someone being seriously wounded in Splinter or Leo's place. For example, Mikey jumping in front of a blow meant for Splinter, Donnie pushing Leo out of the way of a fatal attack. Or someone being injured by April as she goes dark.

This injury could be serious enough for the healing hands to be ineffective. After all from what I have observed of that technique it can't instantly heal injuries, but rather focuses the body's energy to where the injuries need the most healing.

Such as Donnie's injuries from Broken Foot. After Donnie regained consciousness he still has tinnitus from the blast and still is in pain from his injuries.

So if an injury is serious enough, the healing mantras could be useless. In that regard Splinter would tell his sons he would do what he can, but they should prepare for their brother's death by getting their goodbyes in.

BubblyShell22
10-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I just have a feeling it could either be Karai or one of the Turtles gets seriously wounded trying to protect Splinter.

Vicky82
10-09-2016, 03:28 PM
But Splinter already has been killed off once. I suppose having him die again would be saying that preventing Splinter's death from the last season was delaying the inevitable.

But it seems almost redundant to have him die once again. That's why I hope requiem is a "tales of..." story line. Such as someone being seriously wounded in Splinter or Leo's place. For example, Mikey jumping in front of a blow meant for Splinter, Donnie pushing Leo out of the way of a fatal attack. Or someone being injured by April as she goes dark.

This injury could be serious enough for the healing hands to be ineffective. After all from what I have observed of that technique it can't instantly heal injuries, but rather focuses the body's energy to where the injuries need the most healing.

Such as Donnie's injuries from Broken Foot. After Donnie regained consciousness he still has tinnitus from the blast and still is in pain from his injuries.

So if an injury is serious enough, the healing mantras could be useless. So Splinter would tell his sons he would do what he can, but they should prepare for their brother's death by getting their good byes in.

In The Deadly Venom Splinter used a healing mantra on himself on his injured leg at the beginning of the episode but it didn't heal him completely, he was still struggling on it later.

Splinter has definitely got different types of healing mantras, he had a different one for poisons in The Deadly Venom because he said he had to learn it.

I remember from the episode that Splinter said that April must be strong enough to receive the healing mantra, that's why he did it twice on her.

I've always said I like to see Mikey getting seriously injured by taking a hit for someone. So depending how serious the injury can be, he might be too weak to receive the healing mantra and everyone probably thinks he's going to die but manages to survive at the last moment.

Karai is another possibility to get seriously injured by taking a hit for someone and we know she can heal herself by changing forms but how far can it go. She healed her burn but will she able to heal broken bones, a stab wound or a gun shot wound ect. If she can, then it depends how serious the injury is, she might be too weak to change forms to heal herself and maybe the healing mantra could help with that.

Tarris Vaal
10-10-2016, 06:53 AM
I have to admit, though Splinter seems an obvious choice, the more I think about it the more I think we'll see Karai mirror Tang Shen's death. Possibly throwing herself between Super Shredder and Splinter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirby or another similarly minor character be bumped off either though.

shredder orokusaki
10-10-2016, 08:52 AM
It wil be that rat monster Splinter!! I killed once and will kill him again but this time iwill also find Renet and kill her too so the turtles will not be able to travel in time to save him again!! THAT WIL BE THE END OF THE TURTLES!! MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

victory_angel
10-10-2016, 11:39 AM
I have to admit, though Splinter seems an obvious choice, the more I think about it the more I think we'll see Karai mirror Tang Shen's death. Possibly throwing herself between Super Shredder and Splinter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirby or another similarly minor character be bumped off either though.

But Kelly Hu is voicing Karai in the next season, so she isn't killed off. But yes, I can see something of the like of Karai jumping in front of Splinter or one of the Turtles to stop a blow.

victory_angel
10-10-2016, 11:40 AM
It wil be that rat monster Splinter!! I killed once and will kill him again but this time iwill also find Renet and kill her too so the turtles will not be able to travel in time to save him again!! THAT WIL BE THE END OF THE TURTLES!! MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good luck with trying to find a way to go forward in time and messing up the time stream.

BubblyShell22
10-10-2016, 11:57 AM

Dude, Renet didn't have them travel back in time. That was the Fugitoid.

Drose18
10-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Hopefully its april who dies so she can stop using her psycho mind bull **** for plot relief.

NoName999
10-24-2016, 01:33 PM
>Characters

>Dying

LOL :tlol:

Aaronardo
10-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Every character in this show is basically dead inside, no personalities or defining character traits anymore, and they were all killed off at the beginning of Within the Woods. I'm surprised that Nickelodeon let the writers kill off so many characters and keep them dead. That's bold.

Joking aside, though, come on, guys. It's Splinter. It's about as obvious as Emma Stone in Amazing Spider-Man 2 (they both even have their big dumb speech that basically screams out, "guess what, audience! I'm gonna die soon!"). At this point, I highly doubt this show would do something as smart as fake you out, making the audience think for weeks that it's Splinter that's going to be killed off, and then all of a sudden do something crazy different like an arc with the Turtles facing their flaws and how to turn them into their advantages (and not just touching on it for like 2 minutes like in Vision Quest).

But that's hopeful dreaming. A smart show would do that. This isn't a smart show. Not anymore. It's going to be Splinter. They're gonna kill him off a second time (third if you count The Invasion), and whether they bring him back or no, it's going to be tired, pointless, and just all around stupid. And more ammo for me to prove further that this show is a far cry from what it had the potential to be.

PApagreg
10-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Every character in this show is basically dead inside, no personalities or defining character traits anymore, and they were all killed off at the beginning of Within the Woods. I'm surprised that Nickelodeon let the writers kill off so many characters and keep them dead. That's bold.

Joking aside, though, come on, guys. It's Splinter. It's about as obvious as Emma Stone in Amazing Spider-Man 2 (they both even have their big dumb speech that basically screams out, "guess what, audience! I'm gonna die soon!"). At this point, I highly doubt this show would do something as smart as fake you out, making the audience think for weeks that it's Splinter that's going to be killed off, and then all of a sudden do something crazy different like an arc with the Turtles facing their flaws and how to turn them into their advantages (and not just touching on it for like 2 minutes like in Vision Quest).

But that's hopeful dreaming. A smart show would do that. This isn't a smart show. Not anymore. It's going to be Splinter. They're gonna kill him off a second time (third if you count The Invasion), and whether they bring him back or no, it's going to be tired, pointless, and just all around stupid. And more ammo for me to prove further that this show is a far cry from what it had the potential to be.

If Splinter does come back he gets a free sundae

thundermaster612
10-26-2016, 06:24 PM
I would either want Karai or Splinter to die. Both for good. Mostly Karai, Splinter already did and he would be affected the most anyways if Karai died

victory_angel
10-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Splinter would be affected if anyone from the good side dies. Karai or any of the Turtles or April. Maybe not so much Casey...aside from the fact he's an innocent bystander who is involved with their war against the Foot Clan.

And there is that moment in the preview where we hear Donnie scream out the word 'Sensei' in what sounds like anguish.

PApagreg
10-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Splinter would be affected if anyone from the good side dies. Karai or any of the Turtles or April. Maybe not so much Casey...aside from the fact he's an innocent bystander who is involved with their war against the Foot Clan.

Casey isn't really a bystander or really that innocent.

victory_angel
10-26-2016, 08:41 PM
Casey isn't really a bystander or really that innocent.

He is a person that doesn't need to be involved in their fight against the Shredder. But is because he chooses to be.

PApagreg
10-26-2016, 08:53 PM
He is a person that doesn't need to be involved in their fight against the Shredder. But is because he chooses to be.

So hes not a bystander

tmntsplinterfan1997
10-27-2016, 08:22 PM
I say other. And if by other, I mean... Shredder and the Foot Clan.

shredder orokusaki
10-28-2016, 07:21 AM
The turtles karai Spinter April and Casey will die. Then i will take full control of the city and with my footbots army i will conquer the world!! MUHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHHAHAHA !!!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
10-29-2016, 01:13 PM
It's just a title, but if anyone dies it's Shredder or maybe the turtles and Splinter beat him up so much everyone thinks he's dead but he somehow manages to escape.

TMNTInsighter
10-31-2016, 07:21 AM
Other than Shredder, Tiger Claw would make a lot more sense than Karai.

I've said all this before and I'll say it all again:
She and he have been in the same boat with regards to uneasy loyalties towards the Shredder (TC's feelings towards Shredder in the beginning of "Return to New York" were very similar to Karai's in "Enemy of My Enemy"), which means that one of two things would happen for Tiger Claw: either follow the same path as her, or be a foil to her character. He's had other moments of unease towards Shredder such as the beginning of "The Invasion I" and brief moments in "Vengeance is Mine" and "The Invasion II" as well as his outburst at the end of "Annihilation: Earth II".

I, personally, was shocked that he (or Brandon Auman) didn't remember what Shredder said at the beginning of "The Invasion I" and applied it to his thought process in "Earth's Last Stand" (Auman did write those two episodes as well as both parts of AE). Not to mention that, after returning to Earth, TC has had all the complexity and character of a piece of wood--something I'm hoping the episodes that feature his backstory and the next number of episodes going forward as well will rectify.

Either he will make the choice, like Karai, to fight with our protagonists down the stretch; or he's going to be a foil with regards to her (probably go down with his master): same situations, different choices, different fates. That's what surely awaits him (and perhaps Karai) as we head down the final stretch of this season and next.

Kingoji
10-31-2016, 11:16 AM
A requiem is a form of rememberance, honouring the lost. So if someone dies it will be in the episode before, probably. And since I don't see anyone needing to honour Shredder if he dies, it's most likely a heroe's death.

(My personal thinking is that it will be a final showdown between Splinter and Shredder that neither survives.)

I'm actually surprised that no-one has brought up the episode title which follows it. "Owari" is Japanese for "the end". If Splinter is killed episodes before that, what significance would there be to using the Japanese?

10-31-2016, 03:49 PM
A requiem is a form of rememberance, honouring the lost. So if someone dies it will be in the episode before, probably. And since I don't see anyone needing to honour Shredder if he dies, it's most likely a heroe's death.

(My personal thinking is that it will be a final showdown between Splinter and Shredder that neither survives.)

I'm actually surprised that no-one has brought up the episode title which follows it. "Owari" is Japanese for "the end". If Splinter is killed episodes before that, what significance would there be to using the Japanese?

It might just be rememberance for a dishonoured Foot Clan or something.

Kingoji
11-01-2016, 01:17 AM
It almost sounds like this season is the last. Requiem sounds like an episode of reflection of what and who was lost, the things they've been through together, and hints at an important heroic death. If the death is Splinter (and Shredder) then the series loses it's primary driving conflict. Owari (the end) sounds like it should tie up loose ends.

could be, though, that Shredder kills Splinter, Requiem has the Turtles dealing with that (perhaps going into intense training, remembering all they were taught, and still giving Splinter a healthy dose of screen time), and Owari has them going in and putting Shredder down for good. That would leave the possibility open for further adventures, but would still have lost a very important element, imo.

victory_angel
11-01-2016, 08:42 AM
But isn't KMR still voicing next season. He doesn't have to be voicing the Shredder, but that is still his primary role on the show.

Everything is going to be rather intense with Shredder becoming a mutant. April becoming a Dark Phoenix character certain characters would be rather messed up. The Dark April conflict I don't see getting cleared up in one episode. Sometime this season, maybe. But with the SS conflict I would not be surprised if Dark April was continued into next season. While Splinter is being advertised as being killed off. There is still the possibility that one of the Turtles could get seriously hurt.

The turtles escape but lose there childhood home for good. Requiem could be the Turtles learning there wounded brother's injuries are so serious that Splinter tells them they are going to need to say their goodbyes. This leads us into a Tales of... plot resulting in the wounded turtle finding the strength to recover from his injuries. Then owsri could be the Turtles acknowledging their childhood has ended as moving or losing ones childhood home is a metiphore for growing up. And any conflict they face from here one they must face it as adults.

TMNTInsighter
11-01-2016, 11:14 AM
It almost sounds like this season is the last. Requiem sounds like an episode of reflection of what and who was lost, the things they've been through together, and hints at an important heroic death. If the death is Splinter (and Shredder) then the series loses it's primary driving conflict. Owari (the end) sounds like it should tie up loose ends.

Kingoji, you dope! We've known that there was going to be a fifth season for years! Although you're right (even though it may not happen) that seeing both sides have to adjust without their masters--whether temporary or permanent, would be interesting to see; that is still a terrible job by you for not recognizing that we have another season to go.

Kingoji
11-01-2016, 01:12 PM
"Almost sounds like" doesn't mean "I think this is". Of course I heard there was another season to go. Please mind your manners.

myconius
11-01-2016, 05:22 PM
i still say they need to "off" Timothy.

11-04-2016, 04:21 AM
And since I don't see anyone needing to honour Shredder if he dies, it's most likely a heroe's death.

But the Foot Clan would see that.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-04-2016, 04:27 AM
But the Foot Clan would see that.

This would be true if this was the earlier seasons where the foot ninjas were still humans, but now that they're all robots, I doubt they would mourn him. Maybe his henchmen, but I have a feeling they will betray Shredder sooner or later.

11-04-2016, 04:58 AM
This would be true if this was the earlier seasons where the foot ninjas were still humans, but now that they're all robots, I doubt they would mourn him. Maybe his henchmen, but I have a feeling they will betray Shredder sooner or later.

The human Foot ninjas still exist, I've just no idea where they are now. Want them back for some exchange.

ToTheNines
11-14-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm going to majorly pissed if Karai dies. Splinter makes no sense, seeing how they just faked his death for the 3rd time.

Maybe April?

Vicky82
11-14-2016, 03:32 PM
I still think it's Splinter, OK he's cheated death 3 times but he won't be lucky the 4th time, to me it feels like he's fated to die.

Also the Turtles are going to wear black masks soon (no they arn't turning evil) and that is a sign someone is going to die, so the Turtles might be wearing them in mourning.

CyberCubed
11-14-2016, 03:44 PM
LOL, Splinter is not going to be killed "again" for the third or fourth or whatever time now.

ssjup81
11-15-2016, 05:41 AM
I still have this feeling that Splinter's going to die and I hope he does, just to see how much of an impact it'll have on the others. He was also going on that time about not always being around. Also, IMO, the only "death" for him was for the Annihilation Earth stuff. I never got the impression that he was going to die at the end of season 2 or for the recent ep. In my mind, I was thinking, "How will he get out of the situation he's in?"

The other candidate I think will die is Shredder.

Not sure if the show will go this route, but I think Shredder will be the cause of Splinter's death, whether directly or indirectly, and the Turtles kill him in revenge or something...despite Splinter's teachings. What if Splinter gets killed trying to protect Karai?

Another scenario I could see as being likely is Shredder doing himself in, only not as lamely as movie 2's Super Nash. :P

NoName999
11-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Oh guys, the only one who permanently died so far is the Rat King.

If anyone is going to really off it (lol) it'll most likely be Shredder. They pulled that a faux death with Karai and Splinter so many times, if they either of them actually died, it'll be hollow.

victory_angel
11-21-2016, 02:51 PM
So we recently just had a Donnie death scene...and sort of resurrection. But I don't think Donnie's actually off the chopping block just yet.

There are only two things Donnie cares about above everything else, April and his family. We have seen him protect April countless times, and we have also seen him protect his family or defend his brothers on numerous occasions as well.

We also know Donnie as a character well enough to know that he would give his life for both. So it always could be possible that Don may have just gotten a reprieve for right now.

Vicky82
11-21-2016, 02:57 PM
So those 7 people who voted Donnie for a temporary death, you deserve a cookie. :D

It still looks like death will be striking again because we still got the episode Requiem.

Redworld96
11-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Peter Di Cicco wrote (at least) an episode for season 5, so I would not rule out a second death for Donnie xD
Poor Don, they dont give him a break :roll:

JTH
11-21-2016, 04:13 PM
So those 7 people who voted Donnie for a temporary death, you deserve a cookie. :D
http://i.imgur.com/eKTER.gif

Thank you. ;)

victory_angel
11-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Peter Di Cicco wrote (at least) an episode for season 5, so I would not rule out a second death for Donnie xD

As a fan writer and a Donatello-aficionado myself. There is something pleasurable about tormenting your favorite character. Because it gives something for said character to struggle with and be challenged by mentally, physically, and/or emotionally.

Rather than simply having the character become the Megward the Wizard of the show because you have a fetish for torture porn.

I've personally never really liked the fic's that involve Donnie doing things such as self-harm or wonders if Splinter never saw anything of value in him to begin with and thus why else would he have been given a bo staff. They always felt out of character to me, because while self-esteem may be an actual issue with Donnie as a character. He is strong enough sense of self not to do that, and even if he did there is no way Splinter would not have noticed it early on.

Because of this, in my most popular fic I've introduced a childhood nightmare where Donnie's brothers don't want him as a brother anymore. And then every fic I've written since then, if there is a moment Donnie doubts himself or his place in the family, Splinter reminds him of that dream.

TMNTInsighter
11-22-2016, 06:00 AM

Peter writing an episode and Donatello dying in some way aren't mutually exclusive. He's written quite a few more episodes than that one.

Redworld96
11-22-2016, 06:27 AM
Peter writing an episode and Donatello dying in some way aren't mutually exclusive. He's written quite a few more episodes than that one.

I know, but torturing Donnie is his MO, that's why I said I do not rule it out, even if it's unlikely

Powder
11-22-2016, 03:20 PM

http://66.media.tumblr.com/ea83c47c91dba6d34570c40a0d482d2f/tumblr_oc9zpqbtj71rmhk25o1_1280.png

It's all being said very tongue in cheek, ya know.

victory_angel
11-22-2016, 04:11 PM
I know, but torturing Donnie is his MO, that's why I said I do not rule it out, even if it's unlikely

Yeah, even the episodes with his name attached that don't center on Donnie. There is still ways to add in the Donnie abuse. Such as Donnie being the first one to end up in those traps rather than say Mikey or Raph in vengeance is mine.

Powder
12-01-2016, 08:08 PM
In that podcast Ciro recently did, at the very end he said "Don't be too sad at the end of season 4 guys, it'll be okay." so that's a bit telling. You wouldn't exactly be sad about losing Shredder... Perhaps they really will give Splinter the boot. Again. For good... :( Shredder & Splinter both being out of the picture would make it easier to understand the more willy nilly nature season 5 is said to have. Without pops or the big bad to keep them reigned in to the city, they can get into all kinds of madness elsewhere. Hmm.