PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Dunes TMNT; timeline of events

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-25-2016, 08:02 PM
Seeing as how there is a lot of confusion and little cohesion in the platinum dunes TMNT continuity (with what little material we've been given) So I'm going to try to piece together what little we have, and try to figure out this mess of a universe (ignoring discrepancies in the material, and filling in the gaps with speculation)

Platinum Dunes timeline

50 years ago- A young son of a Vietnam war soldier, living at the U.S. base in Japan while is father is serving, is orphaned when his father perishes in Vietnam. The orphan is adopted by a ninja master, names him Eric Sachs, and raises him as his own son. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 2014 movie)

1994- Krang Launches the ARC capacitor to earth, a device that will open a portal for his technodrome to invade. It brakes apart into three pieces, with one landing in Japan. The foot clan finds one of the pieces of the ARC capacitor, and scientists Baxter Stockman and Eric Sachs study the device, possibly extracting the ooze from the artifact, and possibly creating inventions from studying the device that fund the creation of TCRI, the foot clan's front company that finances it's criminal activity. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows)

1999- TCRI hires on Dr. O'neal, who works with Stockman and Sachs on project renaissance, an experiment with four baby turtles and a lab rat, to develop a regeneration serum, which shredder planned to use in a plot to take control of New York. Dr. O'neal discovered shredder's true plan, and tried to destroy the files in a fire he started. While his daughter April rescued the four turtles and splinter, Dr. O'neal tried to make his escape, but was shot dead by Sacks before her could get out. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 2014 movie)

2000-2013- Splinter has raised the turtles as his own sons in the sewers. Through some unknown means (possibly either through being a ninja masters former pet, or the reincarnation of a former Ninja master, or possessed by the spirit of a dead Ninja master) adopts the Japanese culture, and trains his adopted sons in the art of ninjitsu, after a book reminds him of his knowledge and skill in the art. The turtles grow, embracing all things ninja, and preparing to become the city's protectors. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 2014 movie)

Meanwhile, TCRI's name is changed to Sach's industries, while Shredder tasks Sachs to recreate the mutagen, while keeping the equipment updated and functional to carry out the plan at a moment's notice. Sachs and Stockman are unable to extract more mutagen from the device, or to synthesize it. When she comes of age, April O' Neal earns a degree in journalism, and is hired by channel six news. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 2014 movie)

2014- The foot steps up their attacks against the city, and the turtles start their attacks on foot clan operations. April O' Neal is reunited with the turtles, and with her help they set out to take down the shredder. Sachs discovers the turtles alive, and extracts their blood to continue the plan from fifteen years ago. April, the turtles, and cameraman Vernon Fenwick defeat Sachs and the Shredder, saving the city from their plans. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 2014 movie)

2015- Shredder is convicted and sent to prison, though the ooze that managed to seep through his armor has rejuvenated him to a much more youthful state. Sachs industries changes it's name back to TCRI, to distance itself from it's now-criminal CEO. Stockman takes over the company, and continues to pursue the foot's agenda in the Shredder's absence, while Karai assumes command of the foot soldier's operations. The turtles make an arrangement with Vernon Fenwick, where he takes credit for taking the shredder down. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows)

TCRI recovers the shredder battle armor from the police as company property, and Baxter begins to experiment with the ooze recovered from the armor's exterior. The turtles continue battling the foot, along with stockman's creepy mouser robots, in several battles over the course of the year. When Splinter disappeared mysteriously, the turtles found themselves fighting the mysterious rat king (possibly a disgraced and now-crazy Sachs), and his mutant rats that Stockman had created for him, when the Rat King took control of their sensei. The turtles track the mutagen back to one of stockman's labs, where he unleashes the mutant turtle, Slash, whom the turtles defeat. Finally, the turtles manage to stop a prison break orchestrated by Baxter, preventing a fake Shredder in his old armor from freeing the real Shredder. Stockman is arrested, but later is released after the charges are dropped. The last of the mutagen from the turtles blood is used up. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Nintendo DS game)

2016- Baxter manages to free shredder from a second prison convoy by accidentally teleporting him to dimension X, where he meets the warlord krang. Shredder strikes a deal with him, and receives a purple ooze he uses to mutate Bebop and Rocksteady. Teaming with the former prison guard- turned-vigalantie, Casey Jones, the turtles try to stop the foot clan yet again. Shredder manages to open the portal to bring Krang and his technodrome through the gate to New York, and Krang btrays and freezes shredder. The turtles manage to defeat Krang, sending him and his technodrome back to Dimension X. Rocksteady and Bebop are taken into custody by the police, and the police make an alliance with the turtles. Stockman is betrayed by the foot, and is taken to the foot's Tokyo facility, by Karai and thew remainder of the foot, and TCRI is probably finally shut down for good by authorities. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows)

Rocksteady and Bebop escape custody, and team with both the foot and their old gang. The foot made a new army of mutant pigeons, porcupines, and roaches (probably by the captive and unwilling Baxter from the remnants of the purple ooze) and Rocksteady and Bebop launches a crazy scheme with the ninjas, gang members, and mutants to take over Manhattan's pizza parlors, which the turtles foil. Leatherhead, a mutant gator the foot made that escaped, is enraged by the turtles beating up on other mutants, and attacks them, but the TMNT manage to defeat and drive him back. (TMNT: Brothers unite)

And that's all I have for now, putting everything officially released together, what do you all think? And please no hate or jokes from those who despise the movie series, we already know the movie's flaws, they don't need to be stated again.

CyberCubed
09-25-2016, 08:19 PM
I think you covered it well enough. You obviously put way more thought into this than anyone who worked on the movie ever did.

Andrew NDB
09-25-2016, 08:20 PM
what do you all think?

http://www.troll.me/images/pondering-retard/hmmmmmmm-yea-i-got-nothin-thumb.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Why, Panda? Why?

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Why, Panda? Why?

Because I like putting puzzles together and fixing broken fiction, the more broken and messed up, the better the challenge.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-25-2016, 08:30 PM
Because I like putting puzzles together and fixing broken fiction, the more broken and messed up, the better the challenge.

So you're basically the Humpty-Dumpty* of The Technodrome?

*Arkham Asylum, not the fairy tale

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-25-2016, 09:01 PM
So you're basically the Humpty-Dumpty* of The Technodrome?

*Arkham Asylum, not the fairy tale

Nah, nowhere near that unintelligent or crazy. I'm more like the Bob the Builder of the technodrome forums.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Nah, nowhere near that unintelligent or crazy. I'm more like the Bob the Builder of the technodrome forums.

:tlol:

You got my reference! :tgrin: I am pleased.

WebLurker
09-26-2016, 01:12 AM
Hey, like the timeline overall. (I love chronologies of book/TV/movie/etc. series.)

A few comments and responses overall:

The foot clan finds one of the pieces of the ARC capacitor, and scientists Baxter Stockman and Eric Sachs study the device, possibly extracting the ooze from the artifact...

I'm not so sure about this. The green mutagen is very different from the purple ooze that Krang gives Shredder. While a child April did say that the mutagen may have come from space, we have no further confirmation (besides, Krang comes from Dimension X, not space). Also, the point of Project Renaissance was to recreate the curing formula from feudal Japan, not alien gunk.

I took it to be two separate substances. (In real life, I think the original movie's mutagen seemed to be based on the Mirage comics ooze, while the sequel's ooze seemed to be their version of the pink ooze from the '80s cartoon, in regards to mechanics and results.)

...possibly creating inventions from studying the device that fund the creation of TCRI, the foot clan's front company that finances it's criminal activity. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows)

I forget, did the movie say if TCRI was created a part of the Foot Clan, or if Stockman founded it separately before allying with the Shredder?

Through some unknown means (possibly either through being a ninja masters former pet, or the reincarnation of a former Ninja master, or possessed by the spirit of a dead Ninja master) adopts the Japanese culture, and trains his adopted sons in the art of ninjitsu, after a book reminds him of his knowledge and skill in the art.

I do realize that you said you would be patching up some of the gaps with speculation, but the first movie is pretty explicit that Splinter self-taught himself with the books, not that they unlocked old memories.

(Interestingly enough, the movie seems to follow the idea of them self-teaching themselves to the logical extreme; this Splinter is no match for Shredder, who later scoffs to the Turtles: "The rat did not teach you well." The Turtles can's take Shredder head on very well; it's only when he starts only throwing blades at them on the sideways pole that they have an even chance.

Meanwhile, TCRI's name is changed to Sach's industries...

Was this speculation? I always took it that the companies were separate entities.

...while Shredder tasks Sachs to recreate the mutagen, while keeping the equipment updated and functional to carry out the plan at a moment's notice.

I don't know. While it did sound like Sacks had tried to recreate the experiment, it also sounded like he'd mostly given up by the time of the movie (although the fact that Foot Soldiers were stealing chemicals did suggest that the idea was still on the back burner).

Shredder is convicted and sent to prison, though the ooze that managed to seep through his armor has rejuvenated him to a much more youthful state.

So, I'm not the only one with this theory? Cool.

(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Nintendo DS game)

Neat to see info from the game. Never even knew it existed. Cool.

2016- Baxter manages to free shredder from a second prison convoy by accidentally teleporting him to dimension X...

Problem, Out of the Shadows takes place a year after the original movie. If that film took place in 2014, then Out of the Shadows takes place in 2015, not 2016.

TMNT: Brothers unite

Another video game?

(Out of curiosity, are video games canon?)

It'd be fun to see a more expanded chronology, like what the Star Trek Chronology is, in the future.

Commenter 42
09-26-2016, 02:07 AM
Lol, I was expecting the real world timeline of events, not an in world reconstruction.

Good for you, I guess. What else did you do with your day?

Powder
09-26-2016, 03:13 AM
Lol, I was expecting the real world timeline of events, not an in world reconstruction.

Good for you, I guess. What else did you do with your day?

He makes 2 kinds of threads-

1. Something that allows for subtle jabs at Mirage fans

2. "Hey look at my original ideas! Aren't they great?"

Commenter 42
09-26-2016, 03:38 AM

I swear I only come for the people watching.
This is easily the most fascinating place on the entire web.

Candy Kappa
09-26-2016, 03:53 AM
It's not a shabby timeline. Keeping it neat and concise, eliminating a lot of the dumber stuff in PDNT. Adding Brothers Unite to the timeline made it a little off-kilter, mainly with the mention of overtaking Pizza parlors, it's a bit more cartoony then the rest of the relatively serious sounding timeline, but. It is Bebop & Rocksteady, and the PD version no less, so taking over Pizza Parlors might be a sound idea to them without any clear leadership to steer them to better plans.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2016, 07:24 AM
What is tmnt brothers unite?

Andrew NDB
09-26-2016, 11:00 AM

If there was no anonymity here and people could see everyone's real names... I think a lot of the posts being made by certain folk would make a lot more sense.

ToTheNines
09-26-2016, 11:23 AM
I swear I only come for the people watching.
This is easily the most fascinating place on the entire web.

Neuroses abound, for certain.

If there was no anonymity here and people could see everyone's real names... I think a lot of the posts being made by certain folk would make a lot more sense.

C'mon, stop playing coy. He's Dave Garcia isn't he?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Why did you write 50 years ago and not 1964?

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate them.

The changes were to streamline and simplify things, and a lot of the timeline was speculation.

TMNT: Brothers unite was a mobile game released as a tie-in to the 2014, I used it and the DS game in the timeline to try and string event together.

As to the other matters...

There's nothing wrong with me, in any way, shape, or form. I just enjoy speculating, guessing, putting puzzle pieces together, coming up with story ideas, sharing them with others, getting opinions and debating. If it upsets anyone I apologize, but then just don't read my posts

I do not take jabs at mirage fans, only mirage purists who take pot shots at other turtle media. I enjoy parts of Mirage, myself. I personally love mirage volume 1, and I think the image run is superior to the rest of Mirage after volume one.

I am not this Garcia person, nor am I anyone else you all imagine me to be. I've never met any of you, I've never worked on anything turtles before, or even met anyone who works on turtles. I'm a grad student from the American Midwest, who watched TMNT as a kid, and still enjoy it in it's various incarnations. I hope that clears everything up, I refuse to get involved in any further forum drama, and I consider this matter closed.

have a good day, all.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-26-2016, 01:56 PM
I am not this Garcia person, nor am I anyone else you all imagine me to be. I've never met any of you, I've never worked on anything turtles before, or even met anyone who works on turtles. I'm a grad student from the American Midwest, who watched TMNT as a kid, and still enjoy it in it's various incarnations. I hope that clears everything up, and I consider this matter closed.

Show us your birth certificate.

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Show us your birth certificate.

ha, amusing. :lol:

Powder
09-26-2016, 02:45 PM
I am not this Garcia person,

How is it you have that namesake & avatar, yet don't know who Dave Garcia is?

That'd be like someone named TMNTlover who doesn't know Eastman & Laird...

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-26-2016, 03:36 PM
How is it you have that namesake & avatar, yet don't know who Dave Garcia is?

That'd be like someone named TMNTlover who doesn't know Eastman & Laird...

It's called sarcasm. I loved how he thought I was PK's creator and the writer of the series. :lol: I should had called myself Li Yang.

Seriously though, I am not Dave Garcia. I loved the toy from Playmates as a kid, remember my old avatar?

ToTheNines
09-26-2016, 04:55 PM
So what your saying is... you're Dave Garcia.

Pleased to meet you, big fan.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-26-2016, 04:57 PM
So what your saying is... you're Dave Garcia.

Pleased to meet you, big fan.

All will be revealed when he shows us his birth certificate.

#sendpandakhanbacktokenya :trazz:

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Ha ha, you're all hilarious! :lol: Yeah, I wish I was Garcia, I'd love to own a marketable character associated with the TMNT, would be better than being a grad student surviving on Ramen noodles. :tlol: