PDA

View Full Version : Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Passed Away

MikeandRaph87
09-25-2016, 08:47 PM
The greatest golfer of all, arguably of course, Arnold Palmer has died at age 87 from what is believed to be natural causes. I had the privilege of meeting him albeit from a distance at a Wake Forest game once. High spirited, full of life, and took golf to the next level.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/arnold-palmer-golf-legend-dies-at-87-004200526.html?client=ms-android-sprint-us

triplexxx
09-25-2016, 09:49 PM
A striking blow to the world of golf, but we should all be proud of Arnold's accomplishments and that he got to have 87 good years; he'll be remembered very fondly. Enjoy playing golf in paradise Arnold Palmer.

BubblyShell22
09-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Very sad news indeed. I don't remember much about his career, but he was definitely one of the best in the game and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have The Golf Channel to watch some of the matches that are featured there. He will be missed and my condolences go out to his family, friends, and fans.

turtle1237
10-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Palmer was great, but I think 1920's Bobby Jones might have a argument for that. Golf was a other sport in that time, and with the Masters Tournaments came in the late 40's, Jones was pretty much was past his best lol.