PDA

View Full Version : Nice to be here

Lauriferous
09-26-2016, 05:19 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm just another old school fan who grew up loving everything TMNT related. I had many of the old action figures (favorite being Ace Duck) and I recently bought the reissue of the Party Wagon. I also purchased a few of the TMNT Ultimate Collections from IDW and I'm pumped to finally delve into the Mirage universe. These books are something I've wanted for a while, so I'm really excited to finally own them.

As much as I'm a classic Turtles fan, I really like the Nickelodeon version as well. I've enjoyed pretty much every episode so far, and that includes the farmhouse stuff. :tlol:

Anyways, it's nice to meet you guys and to be able to hang out with so many other TMNT fans.

ToTheNines
09-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the Drome, man. Cool avatar.

Gin Rummy
09-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

Darth Knuckles
09-27-2016, 12:12 AM
Welcome aboard the Technodrome Forums!

Lauriferous
09-27-2016, 10:13 AM
Hey thanks, everyone. Can't wait to jump into the forums. :)

The Deadman
09-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Hello and welcome!

Lauriferous
09-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Deadman. Nice to meet you. :)

BubblyShell22
09-27-2016, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the boards. I'm guessing you're a Leo fan? So am I. *hands Lauriferous a TMNT gift basket*

Lauriferous
09-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Hey BubblyShell22, thanks for the welcome. And yup, count me as a Leo fan. Guess it's kind of obvious with the avatar. I appreciate the awesome gift basket too. Just what every TMNT fan needs. :tlol:

Icebot
09-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!

MikeandRaph87
09-28-2016, 04:45 PM
The typical question to new members are, who is your favorite turtle? who is your favorite non-turtle? What version is your favorite?

Lauriferous
09-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!

Thanks, man. Nice to meet you. :)

The typical question to new members are, who is your favorite turtle? who is your favorite non-turtle? What version is your favorite?

Favorite turtle is Leo, favorite non-turtle is a tie between Master Splinter and Tiger Claw and my favorite version is currently the Nickelodeon show.

Mzx10484
09-29-2016, 02:01 AM
WELCOME & GREETiNGS FROM GERMANY !! 8)

Lauriferous
09-29-2016, 09:01 AM
@Mzx10484 - Thanks, bro! Nice to meet you.

BubblyShell22
09-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Awesome that you're a Leo fan and that you love the Nick show.

myconius
10-07-2016, 06:44 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm just another old school fan who grew up loving everything TMNT related. I had many of the old action figures (favorite being Ace Duck) and I recently bought the reissue of the Party Wagon. I also purchased a few of the TMNT Ultimate Collections from IDW and I'm pumped to finally delve into the Mirage universe. These books are something I've wanted for a while, so I'm really excited to finally own them.

As much as I'm a classic Turtles fan, I really like the Nickelodeon version as well. I've enjoyed pretty much every episode so far, and that includes the farmhouse stuff. :tlol:

Anyways, it's nice to meet you guys and to be able to hang out with so many other TMNT fans.

greetings and welcome to the forums!! :D

congrats on your recent purchases of the Tmnt Ultimate Collections!!
how are you enjoying them so far??

Lauriferous
10-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Thanks, myconius. Nice to meet you.

Well, about the TMNT Ultimate Collections..let's just say they far exceeded my expectations. :D It's gonna take me a while to get through all that content. I also didn't realize each book came crammed with so much behind-the-scenes info so that was a really nice surprise. Getting these books was definitely worth it! :)

myconius
10-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Thanks, myconius. Nice to meet you.

Well, about the TMNT Ultimate Collections..let's just say they far exceeded my expectations. :D It's gonna take me a while to get through all that content. I also didn't realize each book came crammed with so much behind-the-scenes info so that was a really nice surprise. Getting these books was definitely worth it! :)

likewise! :)

it's good to here you are enjoying the Ultimate collections! the classic Mirage comics were my first introduction to the world of the Ninja Turtles. and though we've seen some awesome adaptations elsewhere (cartoons, movies, other comic series) the original early comics i felt had a magic to them that i've never seen elsewhere.
not just for Ninja Turtles, but in other comics as well!

the annotation is like a whole other treat all in itself!!! :D

it's probably better to read all the stories first, then go back later for the behind the scenes info?
better for the engrossment of the stories. especially issues 3-7. :D

Lauriferous
10-14-2016, 03:35 PM
it's probably better to read all the stories first, then go back later for the behind the scenes info?
better for the engrossment of the stories. especially issues 3-7. :D

Ha, yeah you do have a good point. Best not to take myself out of the story, especially when it's getting good and gritty. :D

Andrew NDB
10-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Welcome! What is your name from? It kind of sounds plant-like, somehow.

myconius
10-14-2016, 11:47 PM
Ha, yeah you do have a good point. Best not to take myself out of the story, especially when it's getting good and gritty. :D

even though i have already read all the Eastman/Laird stuff up to issue 21, i re-read though all of the story portions of the Ultimate collections, and went back afterwards and read the annotations.

i finally hunted down the single issues to make the sets of shades of gray and city fall before the 2 hardcovers came out.
it's unfortunate the tones are missing from some of the issue of Ultimate Collection Vol.4.