PDA

View Full Version : Time Travel can be so confusing...

Jephael
09-28-2016, 02:12 PM
While re-watching the space storyarc, a thought came to mind. In the episode where the TMNT of this universe get pulled into the 2D Fred Wolf universe they have to stop 87 Krang from destroying all reality. One thing that doesn't make sense though is if this happened at some point in the past, why didn't the '87 TMNT locate the Nick TMNT of season 3 when they weren't already busy trying to save Earth from the Triceratons? Also while in the lair Leonardo never got the chance to fully explain things to Splinter, so what happened when the TMNT of the past showed up later? Splinter would've obviously asked how things went with their OT dopplegangers and of course they would have no idea what he's talking about.

On a final note, I've been wondering whether or not the events of the season 3 finale (mainly Splinter's death and Earth being wiped out) ever actually happened, but were merely a worse-case scenario implanted in April, Casey and the Turtles' heads by Fugitoid as they went back in time.

BubblyShell22
09-28-2016, 03:56 PM
My guess is that maybe they couldn't figure out how to do so and only were able to do it when OT Donnie got his invention working. And after the events take place, the OT Turtles are taken back to the moment in The Manhattan Project where the worm comes out of the portal. My theory is that time is different in the different dimensions so that different events are going on in the different dimensions.

Also, I don't think the events of the season three finale were implanted in their heads either. They did happen in their dimension.

victory_angel
09-28-2016, 05:39 PM
My belief is the events of Transdimentional Turtles occur during the same time moment in time the events of Turtles in Time and Tale of the Yokai took place.

Splinter had said that the Turtles who were currently in his time frame were out on patrol. It would be highly unlikely the season 3 turtles wouldn't have noticed what was going on the channel 6 building. So the only explanation is everything had to take place in the handful of minutes that the season 3 turtles were had been gone from that time period.

As for the whole thing with tiger claw, I had the same view BubblyShell.

Auman has confirmed that each of the 10 dimensions corresponds to another universe associated with the Ninja turtles franchise. Which is why we have Dimension X, an OT Dimension, and a Mirage Comic Dimension, it wouldn't be a hard stretch to believe there was a 2k3 dimension, IDW, and Movie-verse dimensions as well. And each of them have a temporal differential.

So the whole thing between the Wormquake and Tiger Claws arrival in the OT universe is more or less a boot strap paradox.

Start things off where Donnie is sucking the Kraang and the Kraathatrogon that swallowed tiger claw into that portal supposedly back to Dimension X.

A couple of weeks pass and Tiger Claw returns to the nick verse dimension.

There is the whole event with the second invasion causing the Turtles to leave the city while Leo is in a hibernative coma for three months.

Turtles return to New York roughly six months after the invasion.

Then forward several months later to the turtles first encounter with Renet and Savanti Romero.
This is also the time period the season 4 turtles arrive with the OT turtles to fight Krang and stop him from blowing away their dimensions. Season 4 Leo tries to warn Splinter that he would be murdered by the Shredder during the Triceraton attack, but is interrupted by Donnie screaming.

Following this battle all three groups return to their designated timelines and dimensions. The OT turtles celebrate by enjoying a pizza, when the Kraathatron that swallowed Tiger Claw appears in the OT Dimension.

Utrommaniac
09-28-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't think these people really knew how to write adequate time travel. These loopholes are a hard issue to deal with, and I think they could have told their story better without resorting on time travel, thus keeping two sets of turtles and Fugitiods from existing at once time.

And considering how they have the most iconic of the modern Doctors in their main cast, I'm surprised they didn't get a royal thrashing through time and space. I picture Vale Decem playing as he explains everything wrong with their time travel on a slideshow, overflowing with disappoint and sorrow for the lack of competence in constructing it.

PApagreg
09-28-2016, 10:16 PM
I don't think these people really knew how to write adequate time travel. These loopholes are a hard issue to deal with, and I think they could have told their story better without resorting on time travel, thus keeping two sets of turtles and Fugitiods from existing at once time.

And considering how they have the most iconic of the modern Doctors in their main cast, I'm surprised they didn't get a royal thrashing through time and space. I picture Vale Decem playing as he explains everything wrong with their time travel on a slideshow, overflowing with disappoint and sorrow for the lack of competence in constructing it.

Honestly the whole time travel thing was unneeded, it would've been better if Splinter saw Shredder's backstab and countered it but Casey, April and The Turtles got sucked up by the Tricerntons ship by accident only to be saved by Prof Honeycutt

Utrommaniac
09-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Exactly! So...then what would happen with the Earth's destruction? Not happen at all and have the turtles simply be lost in space with Honeycutt? Not a terrible notion, but the Triceratons were set on destruction.

Ninjinister
09-28-2016, 10:42 PM
I don't think these people really knew how to write adequate time travel.

Nobody does....

PApagreg
09-28-2016, 10:54 PM
Exactly! So...then what would happen with the Earth's destruction? Not happen at all and have the turtles simply be lost in space with Honeycutt? Not a terrible notion, but the Triceratons were set on destruction.

Who knows maybe the turtles accidentally scattered the pieces and know its a race to see who can get said pieces back and each world wants a piece so they can be considered a superpower or something

Vicky82
09-28-2016, 10:59 PM
Nobody does....

Exactly, there is no law in time travel so they just make there own version or use versions from other time travel shows and movies.

Utrommaniac
09-28-2016, 11:35 PM
Who knows maybe the turtles accidentally scattered the pieces and know its a race to see who can get said pieces back and each world wants a piece so they can be considered a superpower or something

Ooh, yeah! That actually works quite a lot!
Like...what if Splinter succeeded in shutting it down, and Shredder stabbing him caused his hand to slip and caused the pieces to disperse, all by random probability. And they're only able to find them by tracking chips.

PApagreg
09-28-2016, 11:54 PM
Ooh, yeah! That actually works quite a lot!
Like...what if Splinter succeeded in shutting it down, and Shredder stabbing him caused his hand to slip and caused the pieces to disperse, all by random probability. And they're only able to find them by tracking chips.

I also like the idea of while the turtles are in space Splinter allies himself with Karai and Shinigami in rebuilding the foot and taking down Shredder

ABrown
09-29-2016, 10:50 AM
Well the problem is that you re-watched the space arc. Nothing but confusion can come out of that. Once was more than enough for me.

matteso586
09-29-2016, 12:41 PM
I just assumed that Subprime decided to team up with 1987 Krang because of the Turtles, Mona Lisa, Sal Commander, and Fugitoid's actions in The War for Dimension X. It's the butterfly effect.