PDA

View Full Version : 2015 and up classic / vintage comparisons?

slashpieturtlemix
10-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Yo peeps. Anyone have a side by side comparison with the new classic rerelease turtles (Super Don, Lieutenant Leo, etc) and their vintage counter parts? I am curious what the detail differences are.

Candy Kappa
10-01-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't think I've seen any side-by-side photos, but the "2016 toys" thread have pictures of the new figures and run-downs of all the paint apps they are missing. Like most of the cameo paint on the military figures, and etc.

But a comparison thread would be great for references since that stuff is going to get lost in the bigger threads.

I found this from the 2016 thread where I posted someone's pictures of the new Military Leonardo, Super Donatello and Super Michelangelo.
Someone on another forum found these guys at TRU. No Raph, though.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk44/deadpoolistheman316/Mobile%20Uploads/20160917_083856_zpsw7simbsi.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/deadpoolistheman316/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160917_083856_zpsw7simbsi.jpg.html)

They are not terribly missing paint apps. The initials on the belts aren't painted
Mikes knees are missing stars and his belt is not painted correct

Leo's missing most of his camouflage deco.

slashpieturtlemix
10-01-2016, 06:28 PM
I don't think I've seen any side-by-side photos, but the "2016 toys" thread have pictures of the new figures and run-downs of all the paint apps they are missing. Like most of the cameo paint on the military figures, and etc.

But a comparison thread would be great for references since that stuff is going to get lost in the bigger threads.

I found this from the 2016 thread where I posted someone's pictures of the new Military Leonardo, Super Donatello and Super Michelangelo.

I think ill start getting them and do comparitive shots

slashpieturtlemix
10-02-2016, 01:02 PM
I will add some comparisons. I am going to slowly buy the vintage guys.

slashpieturtlemix
10-02-2016, 01:04 PM
This is the classic collection Military Leo compared to Lieutenant Leo.

go_ninja84
10-02-2016, 01:08 PM
almost as if the evolutionary clock at Playmates ticks backwards

sad really :trolleye:

Candy Kappa
10-02-2016, 01:08 PM
That's excellent.

Wow, the difference is really stark.

slashpieturtlemix
10-02-2016, 01:16 PM

That's excellent.

Wow, the difference is really stark.

Yeah it does look bad. It feels like it is made of a different plastic too. The weapons look identical though so that part isn't to bad. I bought a Bebop and will upload it probably next week. The differences on that are dynamic as well.

Huzzah
10-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Just awful...

Powder
10-02-2016, 04:44 PM

:tlol: Love your phrasing. Sad but true...

slashpieturtlemix
10-10-2016, 12:14 PM
It is regular Bebop, soft head Bebop and the 2015 classics Bebop.

nellyp
10-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Not even painting the shoes on the new one is pretty shameful.

Powder
10-10-2016, 06:27 PM
...or the wristbands, the tail, & the belt, not to mention their awful color palette & how poorly the face gradient is applied.

go_ninja84
10-10-2016, 11:09 PM
It is regular Bebop, soft head Bebop and the 2015 classics Bebop.
That is disgusting, I hope they are ashamed for ruining Bebop like that

slashpieturtlemix
10-11-2016, 07:26 AM
It is pretty bad but at least it looks more like a variant with this one. There are worse out there from what I have seen. I just haven't gotten to them yet.

Powder
10-11-2016, 02:54 PM
It is pretty bad but at least it looks more like a variant with this one.

:blanksta:

No way, man. The two originals there look like variants to one another, as there's purple hair, & magenta hair. The new one is straight up bootleg steez. Hell, someone just posted a bootleg Bebop two days ago & even it has a fuller paint job!

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a449/HeroTurtle84/Unbenannt_zpsers8anmu.jpg

slashpieturtlemix
10-12-2016, 11:31 AM
:blanksta:

No way, man. The two originals there look like variants to one another, as there's purple hair, & magenta hair. The new one is straight up bootleg steez. Hell, someone just posted a bootleg Bebop two days ago & even it has a fuller paint job!

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a449/HeroTurtle84/Unbenannt_zpsers8anmu.jpg

I admit, i want that bootleg bebop lol it looks pretty awesome

mustafa
10-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Is it me, or does it seem not all Toys 'R Us stores are stocking the newest wave of "Classics" figures? I currently live in a suburb of Metro Detroit, and I have two TRU locations close by. I've checked a couple times a week for the past couple of months and the new wave of figures have not arrived yet. On weekends, I've checked other locations about a 30 minute drive from where I live, and I've still had no luck.

It was not until a few weeks ago when I made a 3 hour drive to Grand Rapids to visit my brother that I actually had spotted these figures. There are 2 TRU locations in Grand Rapids, and only one actually had these figures in stock. They had 1 Super Mike, 1 Super Don and 2 Military Leo. There were also 2 Bebop, 2 Rocksteady and 1 original Leo. Aside from that, all the figures from the previous wave were there too.

As for the buy one, get one 50% off sale mentioned in another post, this sale was advertised at the location that had the new Classics figures , while this sale is not advertised at the locations that don't have these figures. Also, and this may be unrelated, the layout of the store that had the new Classics figures is completely different that the layout of the stores that don't have these figures.

This makes me wonder if these figures will ever show up at the TRU locations close to me, or if only certain locations are getting these figures.

Either way, I don't plan on buying these figures. I like the original versions much better.

slashpieturtlemix
10-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Is it me, or does it seem not all Toys 'R Us stores are stocking the newest wave of "Classics" figures? I currently live in a suburb of Metro Detroit, and I have two TRU locations close by. I've checked a couple times a week for the past couple of months and the new wave of figures have not arrived yet. On weekends, I've checked other locations about a 30 minute drive from where I live, and I've still had no luck.

It was not until a few weeks ago when I made a 3 hour drive to Grand Rapids to visit my brother that I actually had spotted these figures. There are 2 TRU locations in Grand Rapids, and only one actually had these figures in stock. They had 1 Super Mike, 1 Super Don and 2 Military Leo. There were also 2 Bebop, 2 Rocksteady and 1 original Leo. Aside from that, all the figures from the previous wave were there too.

As for the buy one, get one 50% off sale mentioned in another post, this sale was advertised at the location that had the new Classics figures , while this sale is not advertised at the locations that don't have these figures. Also, and this may be unrelated, the layout of the store that had the new Classics figures is completely different that the layout of the stores that don't have these figures.

This makes me wonder if these figures will ever show up at the TRU locations close to me, or if only certain locations are getting these figures.

Either way, I don't plan on buying these figures. I like the original versions much better.

What happened in my area was that TRU was not stocking until most of the toys were gone. Luckily for me I decided to collect the classics since they look so terribly different than the originals and I figured it would be fun. I like to think that I single-handedly brought super mike and super don to my area lol buying 6 figs back to make out of 30 will do that.