PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Talk to Girls

snake
10-03-2016, 03:21 PM
What are some tips you can give me? I want to converse better. Personally my only guide on this subject is the Anakin/Padme deconstruction in the Mr. Plinkett Attack of the Clones review, which has actually worked very well.

lIvn1h-71IE

Plastron, please do not contribute to this thread

plastroncafe
10-03-2016, 03:29 PM
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/colbert-popcorn.gif

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 03:30 PM
I hate to break it to ya, Snake, but PC does not care about your boner.

Commenter 42
10-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Step one: Take no advice from P.C.
Step two: See step one.

Something tells me this thread has already got her hard.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Step 3: Be yourself. Unless you're an asshole, in which case, don't.

Commenter 42
10-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Step 3: Be yourself. Unless you're an asshole, in which case, don't.

Lol, wrong. if you are an asshole, be the asshole. Women love assholes.

IndigoErth
10-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Step 4: Unless she's really not a Raph fan type, then abandon asshole shtick immediately.

ToTheNines
10-03-2016, 03:36 PM
All of my successful* relationships were with girls who were easy to talk to and longtime good friends. No advice to be given there.

Any hot girls that I had forced conversation with for the purpose of screwing or even dating, just ended up being hollow and superficial, feeling like a waste of time. I mean, I guess it was worth it, but as you get older, good company far outweighs hot ass.

* = they all end up being **** eventually.

Cure
10-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Talk about how ratchet the other girls in school are. Just make sure they're not friends with her.

Autbot_Benz
10-03-2016, 03:40 PM
I honestly thought Cybercubed made this post :lol:

plastroncafe
10-03-2016, 03:40 PM

This is true. So very true.
However, I do really care about the girls/women his boner is going to try and convince him to talk to...with that in mind:

Consider the notion that girls/women are people, and they're likely just as nervous to talk to you, as you are to talk to them. Being nervous and awkward is par for the course. Embrace it. Learn to love it like an old friend, because it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Fake confidence until you make confidence. There are few turn offs bigger than lacking in confidence.
(when "nice guys" complain about girls liking jerks rather than them, it's because they've come off as sniveling basket cases, where as the other guys look like they've got their s#it together.)

You're going to fail, and fail hard...laugh about it when you do, and then get right back up when you're ready.

And most importantly: girls aren't vending machines you put Nice into and get Sex out of.

snake
10-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Confidence is my super power. I'm just boring as f*ck because no one else shares my interests in real life.

@Nines, we're good friends but I can't converse or carry a conversation like a normal person. She sticks around but I feel like she'll eventually get sick of me and will stop bothering with me entirely.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 03:53 PM
This is true. So very true.
However, I do really care about the girls/women his boner is going to try and convince him to talk to...with that in mind:

Consider the notion that girls/women are people, and they're likely just as nervous to talk to you, as you are to talk to them. Being nervous and awkward is par for the course. Embrace it. Learn to love it like an old friend, because it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Fake confidence until you make confidence. There are few turn offs bigger than lacking in confidence.
(when "nice guys" complain about girls liking jerks rather than them, it's because they've come off as sniveling basket cases, where as the other guys look like they've got their s#it together.)

You're going to fail, and fail hard...laugh about it when you do, and then get right back up when you're ready.

And most importantly: girls aren't vending machines you put Nice into and get Sex out of.

Between these two posts, I'd go with PC's advice every damn time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Confidence is my super power. I'm just boring as f*ck because no one else shares my interests in real life.

@Nines, we're good friends but I can't converse or carry a conversation like a normal person. She sticks around but I feel like she'll eventually get sick of me and will stop bothering with me entirely.

Do stuff with her. Stuff she likes, stuff you like, stuff you both like. Sports, games, movies, beating up homeless people.

Okay, everything but the homeless people.

snake
10-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Do stuff with her. Stuff she likes, stuff you like, stuff you both like. Sports, games, movies, beating up homeless people.

Okay, everything but the homeless people.

I don't have many oppertunities to do so but I've been trying. She's into vidya games and last time she dropped by my house we played Smash.

We didn't smash, but we played Smash. I won.

I'm going to be getting a steam account soley to play with her though

plastroncafe
10-03-2016, 04:02 PM

At the risk of being overly cynical about love and relationships, the bolded above? That's every relationship. Always.

Maybe she will, but then...maybe you will.
Maybe you'll find someone easier to talk to, someone who likes more of the things you do.

It's all trial and error.

I don't have many oppertunities to do so but I've been trying. She's into vidya games and last time she dropped by my house we played Smash.

See there you go!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Does she have any favorite bands/actors/authors? When new material comes out, be it a concert/movie/book, take her to the event.

IndigoErth
10-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Hmm. Any clubs or activities in school or the area that might make people with similar interests a bit more visible? Surely there may be others, but might just be quiet about it?

For sake of fun/conversation, would it be lame to ask people what they personally geek out over? Or things someone may like that you might get sucked into.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Hmm. Any clubs or activities in school or the area that might make people with similar interests a bit more visible? Surely there may be others, but might just be quiet about it?

For sake of fun/conversation, would it be lame to ask people what they personally geek out over? Or things someone may like that you might get sucked into.

That is the one thing I do meeting anyone new I might want to spend time with.

"What's your passion?" "What's the one thing you really get excited about and probably annoy other people with?" "So what do you freak out over?"

snake
10-03-2016, 04:08 PM
At the risk of being overly cynical about love and relationships, the bolded above? That's every relationship. Always.

Maybe she will, but then...maybe you will.
Maybe you'll find someone easier to talk to, someone who likes more of the things you do.

It's all trial and error.

See there you go!
I try not to be cynical around her but it's hard since I'm that type of person.

Does she have any favorite bands/actors/authors? When new material comes out, be it a concert/movie/book, take her to the event.

She's pretty hyped for the new pirates of the carribean movie so maybe I can work that out somehow. I think it's gonna suck.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 04:12 PM
I try not to be cynical around her but it's hard since I'm that type of person.

She's pretty hyped for the new pirates of the carribean movie so maybe I can work that out somehow. I think it's gonna suck.

It's okay to be cynical. I'm a pessimist and my wife is an optimist. We work things out; balance each other. Just don't be an ASSHOLE when you're being cynical and know when to keep your cynical thoughts to yourself.

If she's giddy over Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (I'm a bit hyped myself... let's get back to form, maties), ask her what she wants out of the movie instead of pointing out Depp's long list of recent flops and asking how much she wants to bet his streak continues. :twink:

ToTheNines
10-03-2016, 04:13 PM

https://queencitybeerleague.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/zivppx6.jpg

IndigoErth
10-03-2016, 04:15 PM
"What's the one thing you really get excited about and probably annoy other people with?"
:D Love it, unless someone is the dullest person on Earth, there's no way that isn't instantly relatable.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 04:23 PM
:D Love it, unless someone is the dullest person on Earth, there's no way that isn't instantly relatable.

It makes even the dullest people interesting, or at least tolerable.

"Actually, Cylons, now that you mention it, I love collecting stamps! Stamps are my jam, man! Love that sh!t!"

I'll at least be entertained and try to make the effort to pay attention.

EVERYBODY hates small talk and normal polite conversation. Cut to the fun stuff; you'll be loved for it.

FredWolfLeonardo
10-03-2016, 04:25 PM
My tip is to not chase after a relationship, for the time being, just focus on being good friends. If you two are meant to be in a long relationship, it will happen by itself in time, and as another member here has said, the longest and best relationships are between two people who have known each other for quite some time

You can still be happy single, relationships won't change that, your outlook will. Rather than seeing relationships as the end justifying the means (chasing a relationship in Order to be happy), see them as the means justifying the end (be your best, and leave the end result to fate)

BubblyShell22
10-03-2016, 04:44 PM
I agree with FW Leo here. I think staying friends for now is a good idea and just let the chips fall where they may. If she wants more, then you can proceed to the next level. But don't feel bad if she just wants to be friends and isn't looking for a relationship right away. These things happen with time but rushing them will lead to disaster.

snake
10-03-2016, 04:47 PM
https://queencitybeerleague.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/zivppx6.jpg

We're getting there

You know what sucks, though? She's a huge prude. Like she won't even give a hug if her life depended on it

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 04:52 PM
We're getting there

You know what sucks, though? She's a huge prude. Like she won't even give a hug if her life depended on it

If it's meant to be, she'll eventually get over it. Don't push it.

snake
10-03-2016, 04:54 PM
If it's meant to be, she'll eventually get over it. Don't push it.

Yeah I don't push physical contact, ever. It's pretty rude and generally makes people uncomfortable.

Y'know, unless she's into that sorta thing

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Yeah I don't push physical contact, ever. It's pretty rude and generally makes people uncomfortable.

Y'know, unless she's into that sorta thing

Sounds like you really don't need that much advice, old boy... I'm hearing common sense and basic human decency from ya.

Jephael
10-03-2016, 05:42 PM
My one bit of advice is this: Don't dwell on what might've been with any particular person. There are millions of "what ifs" you could list in regards to any relationship and in the long run, you're better off just shutting out those thoughts because they just lead to regret, which is a big waste of time and energy!!!

Powder
10-03-2016, 06:26 PM

That's a good thing, trust me. Especially in this day & age. Class & self respect are very important, & hard to find. Just take things slowly, it's her pace to set, assuming there's anything abuzz between you.

Before she's a female, she's a human being, same as you. Talk to her like you would anyone else, normal chicks don't necessarily want to be spoken to/dealt with through a gender filter. It can make you seem disingenuous, as if you're just pandering to advance. I mean, there's no harm in being courteous, maybe a little complimentary if you can be casual about it, but you don't want to come off like you're on the chase. You can convey an admiration for her overall steez without being hokey. Mention or ask about little things that change in her appearance from time to time, it shows you're attentive to her looks without coming on too heavy. Can you appreciate sh*t like a new pair of sneakers? Tell her they're rad (using era-appropriate slang, naturally). :tlol: If she's a friend first, well, you tease your friends, yeah? So don't be entirely Mr. Charm, joke around a little too, just try not to mess with her self-esteem.

Everyone loves to laugh. I've cracked up reading your posts & chatting with you, you're a sharp kid. Put that wit to good use, a strong sense of humor is like a social super power, as long as you know your audience, so to speak. If you're funny, people will remember you, it's an endearing quality. Find out what she dislikes, & make fun of it with her. In my experience, nothing brings people together like shared hatred. :trazz: Pop culture conversations can take you there in an instant- movies, TV, music, internet, it's where the bulk of our interests rest & gives you tons of material to riff on, good or bad. Try not to paint yourself into a political place, though.

Listening is very important. Always listen. Remember stuff, make mention of one or two things in the future if it's topically relevant. It feels really good to see someone took a part of you with them when they left the room, shows they pay attention, that they care, even if it's a very simple little thing. You guys ever bitch about life, parents, class, etc? It's good to give each other an out for stress, though you've gotta be mindful that it doesn't become a one-way street. I don't know what kind of person she is, but if your only means of winning favor is to let her vent or boost her confidence, that "special treatment" might work against you. If she does the same for you in return, that's different, all relationships romantic or otherwise should have a foundation of equal trust/support, but girls don't wanna date their psychiatrist, you dig? You can find lasting friendship that way, sometimes, & it's great to have that shoulder to lean on, but if your main aim is more than that, tread lightly. Sympathize, relate, but don't make yourself look insecure in the process.

Be memorable, make memories. You had success with her being your company at a school dance, right? Do more stuff like that. What's good on weekends out there? Any all-ages venues in your area? Go see some bands together. Does your town/county have fairs, block parties, festivals? Hit one. Local zoo? Cool ass nature sites to explore? Halloween's coming up, find out if she's doing anything, it's a great "in" to a night that's sure to be enjoyable regardless, but if she's a part of it, even better.

Don't be too present on their social media.

If you need to ask anything just holla.

snake
10-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Powder. That post gave me a huge confidence boost and probably is one of my favorites on the site.

I'm taking that advice.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Thanks, Powder. That post gave me a huge confidence boost and probably is one of my favorites on the site.

I'm taking that advice.

That's a good thing, trust me. Especially in this day & age. Class & self respect are very important, & hard to find. Just take things slowly, it's her pace to set, assuming there's anything abuzz between you.

Before she's a female, she's a human being, same as you. Talk to her like you would anyone else, normal chicks don't necessarily want to be spoken to/dealt with through a gender filter. It can make you seem disingenuous, as if you're just pandering to advance. I mean, there's no harm in being courteous, maybe a little complimentary if you can be casual about it, but you don't want to come off like you're on the chase. You can convey an admiration for her overall steez without being hokey. Mention or ask about little things that change in her appearance from time to time, it shows you're attentive to her looks without coming on too heavy. Can you appreciate sh*t like a new pair of sneakers? Tell her they're rad (using era-appropriate slang, naturally). :tlol: If she's a friend first, well, you tease your friends, yeah? So don't be entirely Mr. Charm, joke around a little too, just try not to mess with her self-esteem.

Everyone loves to laugh. I've cracked up reading your posts & chatting with you, you're a sharp kid. Put that wit to good use, a strong sense of humor is like a social super power, as long as you know your audience, so to speak. If you're funny, people will remember you, it's an endearing quality. Find out what she dislikes, & make fun of it with her. In my experience, nothing brings people together like shared hatred. :trazz: Pop culture conversations can take you there in an instant- movies, TV, music, internet, it's where the bulk of our interests rest & gives you tons of material to riff on, good or bad. Try not to paint yourself into a political place, though.

Listening is very important. Always listen. Remember stuff, make mention of one or two things in the future if it's topically relevant. It feels really good to see someone took a part of you with them when they left the room, shows they pay attention, that they care, even if it's a very simple little thing. You guys ever bitch about life, parents, class, etc? It's good to give each other an out for stress, though you've gotta be mindful that it doesn't become a one-way street. I don't know what kind of person she is, but if your only means of winning favor is to let her vent or boost her confidence, that "special treatment" might work against you. If she does the same for you in return, that's different, all relationships romantic or otherwise should have a foundation of equal trust/support, but girls don't wanna date their psychiatrist, you dig? You can find lasting friendship that way, sometimes, & it's great to have that shoulder to lean on, but if your main aim is more than that, tread lightly. Sympathize, relate, but don't make yourself look insecure in the process.

Be memorable, make memories. You had success with her being your company at a school dance, right? Do more stuff like that. What's good on weekends out there? Any all-ages venues in your area? Go see some bands together. Does your town/county have fairs, block parties, festivals? Hit one. Local zoo? Cool ass nature sites to explore? Halloween's coming up, find out if she's doing anything, it's a great "in" to a night that's sure to be enjoyable regardless, but if she's a part of it, even better.

Don't be too present on their social media.

If you need to ask anything just holla.

Yeah, Powder just covered pretty much everything right there. You're in good hands.

Krutch
10-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Powder covered the ground rules. The rest you'll have to tailor to the girl specifically.

I'd also like to throw in to remember to be present. Enjoy the moment. If there's any long pauses or silences, don't let them go to your head; Enjoy those, too. Don't be too caught up in trying to plan ahead or steer the conversation. Girls pick up on that. Being relaxed displays confidence which is key.

To go a little further on the "girls don't want to date their psychiatrists" thing, I'd say if a girl comes to you to vent, quickly sympathize and change direction to something fun. The reason for this is, if a girl finds you amazing at talking through their problems, two things happen. One, she doesn't want to lose that and therefor won't risk any romantic endeavours. And two, you're being associated with negative emotions. Bad day? Oh, I should talk to Snake. Don't associate yourself with being the "good listener", associate with being the "fun, interesting guy" who can take them out of the situation so they can enjoy themselves. If she keeps coming to you for advice, stand your ground: offer some quick words of sympathy and advice, then immediately offer her something to go do with you to take her mind off things.

To bounce back to C42, girls don't like "assholes", but they love challenge and confidence; something most assholes have ample amounts of. Don't sacrifice yourself in the process but don't be afraid to be a little daring and show some backbone. If you're not the type of guy who can dispute a 2 dollar charge on a receipt on a date, or ask to send food back because its not cooked to her liking, how do you think she's going to feel if the time comes for you to protect her?

Lastly, as superficial as it sounds, put some time into your image. Yes, "the good ones won't care about looks" but how is a stranger supposed to know your personality from a glance? Dress nice, take care of your body, and girls will notice. It's not the deal sealer like it is for men, but it gives you a leg up on most of the other guys out there who just throw on whatever's not wrinkled most on their floor. Experiment and try looks out until you find one that suits you.

Hope that helps, man. Best of luck.

ToTheNines
10-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Be David Caruso in "Jade".

AT-Man
10-03-2016, 08:31 PM
The three most beautiful words in English language: poly drug use.

raph27
10-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Great post Powder. I'm actually in a bit of the same boat as snake right now.

My advice is stay away from doing irrational stuff like a lot of kids around this age tend to do. Just talk to her like you'd talk to any other friend and see where things go from there. If you need to use tricks to get her attention something's not right. You seem like a good dude, snake. Best of luck.

Allio
10-04-2016, 12:00 AM
Have you ever thought about kidnapping a girl? seemed to work for The Beast

Commenter 42
10-04-2016, 04:31 AM
Between these two posts, I'd go with PC's advice every damn time.

Embrace the asshole, get ass; be a nice guy, get friend zoned or diapers.

Up to you, but I've never gotten good advice on straight relationships from a lesbian.

Biggest tip; she's already decided if she'll date/hookup/smash or not, so if you're getting any negative signals, step way back. If she wants you, she'll find you.

Women are into intelligent guys, so you should be alright.

Oh, and don't be cheap. Ever.

Commenter 42
10-04-2016, 04:37 AM
Be David Caruso in "Jade".

****, just be David Caruso, all the damn time.

plastroncafe
10-04-2016, 10:01 AM
If you're at all concerned that she doesn't like you romantically, and you are not in the market for a new friend, then back away. No one has time for that nice guy creeper ********.

And I know it's probably not my place to say it, what with this being your safe space and all, but you need to lay off the use of the word prude. It will not help you moving forward to consider all girls who don't want to touch you as prudes, and all girls that do want to touch you as lacking in quality.

Not just because it's detrimental to the women in question, but also because it doesn't speak highly of your own self-worth.

BubblyShell22
10-04-2016, 11:34 AM
My advice is that if she doesn't want physical contact right now, don't push it. I'm the same way when it comes to kissing in public. I'm not comfortable with it and when my BF did that at school once, I just politely told him I'm not comfortable with kissing in public like we were doing. A quick kiss on the lips, a kiss on the cheek, a hug, or a kiss on the hand in I'm fine with in public as well as holding hands too. But sharing a long kiss in public is not my thing. He understood that and never did it again.

Maybe once she gets more comfortable with you, she'll be ready to hug you and if that's the case, then just slow down and wait for her to get comfortable. Ask permission first and if she says no, respect that she doesn't want to do it and don't get mad at her.

Other than that, you're good to go.

IndigoErth
10-04-2016, 12:25 PM
Some people also just aren't as eagerly hands-on with other people either. Some people are huggers and whatnot, others are simply more hands-off by nature or others, as Bubbly said, are more private, and often not the same thing as being a "pude."

raph27
10-04-2016, 01:08 PM
If you're at all concerned that she doesn't like you romantically, and you are not in the market for a new friend, then back away. No one has time for that nice guy creeper ********.

This. So much this. Sometimes things just don't work out, and trying to force something will just make everything worse.

The Deadman
10-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Ask if she likes dank memes. Girls love dank memes.

Zak The Neutrino
10-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Yeah, Powder covered the ground rules. The rest you'll have to tailor to the girl specifically.

I'd also like to throw in to remember to be present. Enjoy the moment. If there's any long pauses or silences, don't let them go to your head; Enjoy those, too. Don't be too caught up in trying to plan ahead or steer the conversation. Girls pick up on that. Being relaxed displays confidence which is key.

To go a little further on the "girls don't want to date their psychiatrists" thing, I'd say if a girl comes to you to vent, quickly sympathize and change direction to something fun. The reason for this is, if a girl finds you amazing at talking through their problems, two things happen. One, she doesn't want to lose that and therefor won't risk any romantic endeavours. And two, you're being associated with negative emotions. Bad day? Oh, I should talk to Snake. Don't associate yourself with being the "good listener", associate with being the "fun, interesting guy" who can take them out of the situation so they can enjoy themselves. If she keeps coming to you for advice, stand your ground: offer some quick words of sympathy and advice, then immediately offer her something to go do with you to take her mind off things.

To bounce back to C42, girls don't like "assholes", but they love challenge and confidence; something most assholes have ample amounts of. Don't sacrifice yourself in the process but don't be afraid to be a little daring and show some backbone. If you're not the type of guy who can dispute a 2 dollar charge on a receipt on a date, or ask to send food back because its not cooked to her liking, how do you think she's going to feel if the time comes for you to protect her?

Lastly, as superficial as it sounds, put some time into your image. Yes, "the good ones won't care about looks" but how is a stranger supposed to know your personality from a glance? Dress nice, take care of your body, and girls will notice. It's not the deal sealer like it is for men, but it gives you a leg up on most of the other guys out there who just throw on whatever's not wrinkled most on their floor. Experiment and try looks out until you find one that suits you.

Hope that helps, man. Best of luck.

This is really good advice. I've gotten stuck in the friend zone way too many times for being a friend to vent to and help with issues.

Prowler
10-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Ofc this thread is 3 pages long. These threads always get tons of replies on the internet.

You're in HS, right? Many girls at that age are shallow and won't give you a second look if they know you like anime, wrestling or video games. But don't let that bring you down. If you're not lucky with girls in HS you might be later in life where everyone is more mature and no longer has insane standards. And yes, plastron, I know many guys are shallow as well, but snake only seems to like girls, so it's irrelevant.

Powder's advice seems pretty solid to me, so there's not much else I can think of that could possibly help you out. Being shy can be a pain and what you need to do is put yourself out there and talk to people without sweating over it. This doesn't happen overnight, but a bit of practice everyday can fix that. A lot of guys end up being virgins at age 30 and above because they just don't have the guts to talk to women. And I assume you don't want to be on the same boat as them.

I honestly thought Cybercubed made this post :lol:
Same. Didn't we all? :lol:

plastroncafe
10-04-2016, 02:45 PM
You're in HS, right? Many girls at that age are shallow and won't give you a second look if they know you like anime, wrestling or video games. But don't let that bring you down. If you're not lucky with girls in HS you might be later in life where everyone is more mature and no longer has insane standards. And yes, plastron, I know many guys are shallow as well, but snake only seems to like girls, so it's irrelevant.

It's only relevant if Snake considers himself among the shallow.
In which case I would also advise he keep an eye out for the girls he goes to school with that also like anime, wrestling, and video games, because they're there. They might not be obvious about it, but they're there if you know where and how to look.

Prowler
10-04-2016, 02:57 PM
All of my successful* relationships were with girls who were easy to talk to and longtime good friends. No advice to be given there.

Any hot girls that I had forced conversation with for the purpose of screwing or even dating, just ended up being hollow and superficial, feeling like a waste of time. I mean, I guess it was worth it, but as you get older, good company far outweighs hot ass.

* = they all end up being **** eventually.
Yeah, honestly it's not hard to find good looking chicks out there. What's really harder is to find one with a personality you like. No matter how good looking a girl is, if she is braindead or doesn't have much/anything in common with me, I just can't get interested in her. And I'm not into casual sex, so...

Zak The Neutrino
10-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Yeah, honestly it's not hard to find good looking chicks out there. What's really harder is to find one with a personality you like. No matter how good looking a girl is, if she is braindead or doesn't have much/anything in common with me, I just can't get interested in her. And I'm not into casual sex, so...

I think it's also hard to find the right balance of common interests. At least it was for me. For me you want someone that has some common interests because you want to be able to do things together you both enjoy however you don't want someone that likes everything you do because you want to do some things alone too.

Prowler
10-04-2016, 03:05 PM
In which case I would also advise he keep an eye out for the girls he goes to school with that also like anime, wrestling, and video games, because they're there. They might not be obvious about it, but they're there if you know where and how to look.
Back in my HS there were soe girls who liked anime and wrestling. They didn't hide it. Now, could there have been more? Possibly.

I think it's also hard to find the right balance of common interests. At least it was for me. For me you want someone that has some common interests because you want to be able to do things together you both enjoy however you don't want someone that likes everything you do because you want to do some things alone too.
Well, everyone is unique so it's impossible to find everyone who likes everything you do.

I remember when I was younger seeing people change often in order to please their partner. Like, per example, changing their musical taste to match the one of their current bf/gf. I also remember this guy dropping Magic the Gathering for a while because the girl he liked hated that game.

snake
10-04-2016, 03:12 PM

She's into some anime and video games. Not as much into anime as I am, but she's way more of a vidya person than I am.

Zak The Neutrino
10-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Back in my HS there were soe girls who liked anime and wrestling. They didn't hide it. Now, could there have been more? Possibly.

Well, everyone is unique so it's impossible to find everyone who likes everything you do.

I remember when I was younger seeing people change often in order to please their partner. Like, per example, changing their musical taste to match the one of their current bf/gf. I also remember this guy dropping Magic the Gathering for a while because the girl he liked hated that game.

I don't mean literally everything but for example my first wife liked my car hobby and nerd movies too. So she wanted to go to everything and I could never just go do something with my guy friends. It got super annoying. My current wife has no issue with me going and seeing new movies with my nerd friends from work without her because she can take them or leave them.

ToTheNines
10-04-2016, 03:21 PM
****, just be David Caruso, all the damn time.

http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/07/54d90d754880e_-_david-caruso-0409-lg.jpg

Prowler
10-04-2016, 03:32 PM
http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/07/54d90d754880e_-_david-caruso-0409-lg.jpg
Didn't he avoid eye contact often, though? That is considered a sign of weakness.

plastroncafe
10-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Didn't he avoid eye contact often, though? That is considered a sign of weakness.

Not in New England it isn't. It's a sign of having been raised with the proper disdain for humanity.

Prowler
10-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Not in New England it isn't. It's a sign of having been raised with the proper disdain for humanity.
Brb moving to New England.

Coola Yagami
10-04-2016, 04:37 PM

And I know it's probably not my place to say it, what with this being your safe space and all, but you need to lay off the use of the word prude. It will not help you moving forward to consider all girls who don't want to touch you as prudes, and all girls that do want to touch you as lacking in quality.

Not just because it's detrimental to the women in question, but also because it doesn't speak highly of your own self-worth.

I agree. When you said 'we didn't smash, we just played smash' that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. If you like the girl be sure to remember she's a person too, don't be so eager to screw her if you really do care about her.

snake
10-04-2016, 05:19 PM
I agree. When you said 'we didn't smash, we just played smash' that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. If you like the girl be sure to remember she's a person too, don't be so eager to screw her if you really do care about her.

I was joking. I can't even imagine f*cking her. I'm not into her like that.

I've never EVER attempted physical contact with her aside from dancing, which she was fine with

BubblyShell22
10-04-2016, 06:49 PM
That's cool that she liked dancing with you. Did you slow dance or stick to fast dance songs?

Commenter 42
10-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Maybe for this thread, just keep PC on ignore. Your penis is the enemy, at all times.

She's never met her, but already taken "sides". Meanwhile, you just wanted advice on how to talk to her. There are no damned sides, but, "you better watch your step you no-good Y-chomosomed subhuman!!!!"

She's just a girl, you're just a guy. When I say be the asshole, that's a 2016 asshole, which means, just act normal. Don't TRY to be any damned thing. Don't try to trick her into liking you. Don't "like" all her IG posts. Don't creep her stories. The less you do, the better. If you don't have anything to say, don't. Maybe, spend a little more time and figure out if you even like her. If you spend any time together, don't say what you think she wants to hear, ask legit questions, you'll probably be surprised wit what you find.

Reality check - that angry hostile narcissistic self satisfied attitude from PC you keep reading? They all have that, they all, eventually, become that. That's the reality. It's a sliding scale, just like the amout of douche a dude has in him...

(Maybe your generation will be different, but not likely. y'all are kinda ****ed, tbh.)

You'll be fine. Sure, you might like her, but trust me, there are hundreds more out there.

Besides if she isn't into Anime, then **** it, right?

#nosnowflakes.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Maybe for this thread, just keep PC on ignore. Your penis is the enemy, at all times.

She's never met her, but already taken "sides". Meanwhile, you just wanted advice on how to talk to her. There are no damned sides, but, "you better watch your step you no-good Y-chomosomed subhuman!!!!"

Reality check - that angry hostile narcissistic self satisfied attitude from PC you keep reading? They all have that, they all, eventually, become that. That's the reality. It's a sliding scale, just like the amout of douche a dude has in him...

http://img.pandawhale.com/132025-whats-going-on-in-this-thread-lBN7.png

Since we're talking about 14 year old teens here, snake should just be himself. What do you think 14 year old teen girls think about anyway?

Commenter 42
10-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Yo, Snake is 14? whaaaa????

k, well, now you know. Sorry for the spoilers.

You're WAY too young to play the asshole card then. Maybe just chill for now, focus on getting into a good school. If you want everything in life, that's how you get it.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 10:22 PM
snake is 14 and he first came here when he was only 12, its in his profile he was born in 2001.

But I was also surprised when I found out he was that young. I thought he was around 16-17 at least due to how mature his posting style was. Its pretty impressive that snake can interact with a bunch of grown adults and be on their level. I must commend him for that.

Commenter 42
10-04-2016, 10:28 PM
snake is 14 and he first came here when he was only 12, its in his profile he was born in 2001.

But I was also surprised when I found out he was that young. I thought he was around 16-17 at least due to how mature his posting style was. Its pretty impressive that snake can interact with a bunch of grown adults and be on their level. I must commend him for that.

I have a hard time believing the dude is that young.
Feels like schtick.

Smells vaguely of Cybercube... don't you think?

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 10:32 PM
He's legit.

As for me I'm already doomed.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2014-06-16-30.jpg

IndigoErth
10-04-2016, 10:41 PM
What do you think 14 year old teen girls think about anyway?
These days? I don't even wanna know. :lol:

We weren't exactly innocent in my day, but sure as heck they're probably even less so now. That filter of the scrambled tv channels, lack of internet, and certain topics being private or not spoken about/aloud in mixed company has been removed.

Christ some of the dirty fanfic I've come across that sounds like it's written by people who are still kind of young... Hell, I wouldn't share that kind of writing online at MY age. lol Just some "old" lady now with a little mental whiplash at how open things are these days.

Commenter 42
10-05-2016, 12:10 AM
Carnal knowledge shouldn't be rushed, yet here we are.

Tbh, there so much **** they don't bother teaching in school, and should. Like how to do your taxes properly, or how to deal with being fired: what a bad marriage looks like, negotiating a contract, what to expect as you age from your body.

if kids really understood the value of their 20's, society would be much better off.

ToTheNines
10-05-2016, 05:01 AM
I have a hard time believing the dude is that young.
Feels like schtick.

Smells vaguely of Cybercube... don't you think?

I had a theory once that cybercubed, in his frustration of never being able to achieve the powers of time travel, figured out how to become the one thing he never was in life: a normal little boy. So he created the personality of Snakeweed101 (now snake), so as to turn back that clock and cheat old age.

Then I was like... me and snake are cool though. And I was disgusted by the thought of being friends with young cube. So I dropped it.

Commenter 42
10-05-2016, 05:53 AM
I had a theory once that cybercubed, in his frustration of never being able to achieve the powers of time travel, figured out how to become the one thing he never was in life: a normal little boy. So he created the personality of Snakeweed101 (now snake), so as to turn back that clock and cheat old age.

Then I was like... me and snake are cool though. And I was disgusted by the thought of being friends with young cube. So I dropped it.

lol.

I guess I was that grown at 14? Maybe? Nope.

Damn, no idea anymore.

snake
10-05-2016, 06:13 AM

I came here when I was 11, which is even funnier if you think about it.

And wow, Snakeweed101. I completely forgot I changed my name. It was too similar to "Smokeweed101" and "snake" sounded a lot cooler. :lol:

I'm legit, too. Powder has seen my face before.

Commenter 42
10-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Fine. Just hold off on the Asshole. Girls don't dig that until they at least turn (consenting age in your state).

before then, lean back.

ToTheNines
10-05-2016, 07:35 AM
lol.

I guess I was that grown at 14? Maybe? Nope.

Damn, no idea anymore.

I was 15 when I signed up here, snake is definitely more mature than I was back then lol.

I'm legit, too. Powder has seen my face before.

And Mew and Etsy have, too lmao.

plastroncafe
10-05-2016, 11:51 AM
I knew I should have just linked to this:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/friends.png
(friends with detriments)

It's harder to pearl clutch against the vagenda of manocide when the message is delivered by a stick figure comic strip drawn by a guy who likes math.

Also....that tag is priceless.
https://media.giphy.com/media/Cp9cUJc4hgNvG/giphy.gif

Commenter 42
10-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Meh. She's right about that.

She still hates your dick, but that cartoon is pretty accurate, if completely one sided.

Women are just as terrible, wish i had a witty cartoon to...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/FlyerTom/with-this-i-will-control-yr-life.jpg~original

Hey where'd that come from?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-05-2016, 12:01 PM
These tags are goshdarn hilarious. Best I've ever seen.

Commenter 42
10-05-2016, 12:15 PM
You've out done yourself sir.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-05-2016, 12:16 PM
You've out done yourself sir.

Wish I could take the credit, old chap. But sadly, I've not contributed to this thread's tags. And now there's no point; I can't top those.

... Or can I?

Commenter 42
10-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Give 'er, Comrade.

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 12:39 PM
I first started posting on message boards when I was 13. Back at the dawn of the internet in the ancient year of 1997. With a dial up modem. When it took 1 hour to watch a 5 minute video.

The horror.

snake
10-05-2016, 01:54 PM
I was 15 when I signed up here, snake is definitely more mature than I was back then lol.

And Mew and Etsy have, too lmao.

Wait, what the f*ck? Where did Mew and Etsy see me?

Prowler
10-05-2016, 02:10 PM
I was 18 when I joined this place. I wasn't a kid anymore but I sure have matured since then.

Allio
10-05-2016, 02:27 PM
I'm still thinking "kidnapping"

I mean, all the yanderes says it helps.

IndigoErth
10-05-2016, 02:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SqODKYc.jpg?1
They have sources... :teek: *cue eerie music*

ToTheNines
10-05-2016, 02:30 PM

Go to Etsy's visitor page to see what I'm talking about. Might have been bull ****, but they were at least pretending to have successfully stalked you.

I thought you knew, sorry. Didn't mean to hold out on you lol.

IndigoErth
10-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Okay, I take back the playing around, that sounds legit creepy. Edit: And so is some of their conversations... regret looking.

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 02:34 PM
I was 18 when I joined this place. I wasn't a kid anymore but I sure have matured since then.

I was 18 when I first came here in 2004. Problem is aside from some other older fans like myself from the Mirage or original cartoon era....everyone else was only like 14-15 at the time.

I keep having to remind myself I'm actually one of the oldest people in the fandom now, and it makes me sad.

IndigoErth
10-05-2016, 02:43 PM
I keep having to remind myself I'm actually one of the oldest people in the fandom now, and it makes me sad.
Pretty sure there are plenty older and they (*cough* we) don't stop aging, sad to say. Don't worry, you won't catch up to us. (Though I am not the oldest either, thank god. But being part of their first generation of fans is nice.)

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 02:46 PM
I know, but the 30+ over crowd are practically ancient at this point. We might as well be middle age.

snake
10-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Go to Etsy's visitor page to see what I'm talking about. Might have been bull ****, but they were at least pretending to have successfully stalked you.

I thought you knew, sorry. Didn't mean to hold out on you lol.

F*cking hell. I mean, I don't really care but jesus christ.

ToTheNines
10-05-2016, 02:55 PM
F*cking hell. I mean, I don't really care but jesus christ.

FWIW, they were probably clowning. I feel like they would have messaged you had they actually found you on social media. I don't see either of them having the restraint to not do so, especially with how desperate they were for attention after their banishment.

Prowler
10-05-2016, 03:13 PM
I was 18 when I first came here in 2004. Problem is aside from some other older fans like myself from the Mirage or original cartoon era....everyone else was only like 14-15 at the time.

You were the first person on this place I had a discussion with. It was in a thread where we were asked what our least favorite FW toon episodes were.

IndigoErth
10-05-2016, 04:18 PM
I know, but the 30+ over crowd are practically ancient at this point. We might as well be middle age.
I suppose so, as far as this kind of thing goes. I guess our parents and grandparents' generations didn't have quite as many options to find some beloved superhero franchise to be into forever. Though given the ages of Superman, Batman, and others, it wouldn't surprise me if they have some remaining fans around the same age as those properties.

My only comfort is that the Turtles are right there us. :trazz: Oh, they may pretend to be teens forever, but them boys are soon to be 33 if someone considers their first sketches their "birth."

Come, Turtles, grow old with us. Then reboot your youth and keep going after we're long gone.

Wesley
10-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Common interests or shared experiences help. Be yourself. The most important thing is you need to have chemistry with girls.

thundermaster612
10-05-2016, 07:18 PM
What if your social skills are ****?

ToTheNines
10-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Grow a great big schlong.

I made out with a Polish lesbian once.

snake
10-05-2016, 07:29 PM
What if your social skills are ****?

Social skills and good looks are literally everything. You're f*cked without them.

Jephael
10-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Grow a great big schlong.

I made out with a Polish lesbian once.

Damn, dude! Now that's living the dream. I had a crush on this cute German babe back in my college days. I met her while we were playing chimps in a production of the play It's All In the Timing.

Unworthy tinker
10-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Social skills and good looks are literally everything. You're f*cked without them.

Not really. I'm awkwardly quiet and probably not most teenagers' idea of "pretty", yet I've got a dude crushing on me. It's personality that's everything, superficial thing like looks or even speaking without stuttering. (granted, looks would be good. Lol)

Think about it like this: why do you think she hangs out with you? Chances are that she does find you interesting and that's why she sticks around with you.

Look, I can't offer much advice since I've never been on a date. Ask if she wants to go see a movie or something like you said.

Just be yourself. I know it's cliche, but let's face it, you can't pretend to be someone else for your whole life. And when the jig is up, what do you do? And if she don't love you for you, she ain't worth it.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-05-2016, 08:05 PM

I guess I'm screwed for life then :tcry:

Jephael
10-05-2016, 08:56 PM

Been down that road, man. Then again, I always thought of myself as an average looking guy. If I quit pigging out on junk food, I could get back to looking pretty decent.

Prowler
10-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Social skills will get you further than looks if you're a dude. I mean, looks help, obviously but good social skills + average looks is a more killer combo than a good looks + zero social skills. I'm not Brad Pitt but I would not call myself ugly. My social skills however, eh...

A shy man risks dying a virgin. So best to get rid of that complex as soon as possible.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-05-2016, 09:03 PM

Social skills and groovy facial hair, man.

Prowler
10-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Tbh a lot of sh*t isn't logical when it comes to attraction. I've seen short and/or uglier dudes getting good looking girls before. Even if they didn't exactly have top game. I think it's a combination of many factors and if you try your luck often you'll eventually get laid.

The main reason why so many people aged 20 and above out there are forever alone virgins is because they either don't try or gave up after getting rejected twice.

plastroncafe
10-05-2016, 09:52 PM
If I could make a suggestion:

Hit up Dr Nerdlove. (http://www.doctornerdlove.com/)

justforapic
11-01-2016, 11:27 PM
How to talk to girls: just be yourself.

If you want to date girls, then I have no idea how that works. :tlol:

snake
12-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Update- asked her to a formal dance. She happily agreed and asked me why I ever thought she'd turn me down.

I'm gonna make it.

Krutch
12-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Atta boy, Snake.
http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

Powder
12-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Update- asked her to a formal dance. She happily agreed and asked me why I ever thought she'd turn me down.

I'm gonna make it.

YEAH BUDDY! :tsmile:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Sounds like two cool kids who deserve to forge an alliance of awesomeness.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Nice work man! :thumbsup::tthumbsu:

DestronMirage22
12-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Congrats man! :D:thumbsup:
Always remember to be respectful and have fun!
(But not TOO much fun. :P)

Optimus Primer
12-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Congrats Snake! :tthumbsu: :tgrin:

Jephael
12-13-2016, 05:48 AM
Good for you, dude. Just take care you don't step on her feet when ya dance together.

blindturtle02
12-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Congrats, Snake!

snake
01-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Just got back from the dance. The dance sucked for the most part but we cuddled while playing Mario Party afterward, so that was good.

Krutch
01-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Just got back from the dance. The dance sucked for the most part but we cuddled while playing Mario Party afterward, so that was good.

http://i.giphy.com/3oz8xzZ337IM62K58c.gif

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
01-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Just walk up and say "What's wrong with the alphabet?" and when she says "I don't know. What?" You can say "You and I aren't together". I've been married for 12 years so it definitely works.

ToTheNines
01-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Just walk up and say "What's wrong with the alphabet?" and when she says "I don't know. What?" You can say "You and I aren't together". I've been married for 12 years so it definitely works.

I used to work with a guy named Frederick Calvin Kirkpatrick. He used to show women his ID and say "My initials are FCK. All that's missing is U".

It never worked.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-28-2017, 08:24 PM
I used to work with a guy named Frederick Calvin Kirkpatrick. He used to show women his ID and say "My initials are FCK. All that's missing is U".

It never worked.

How the hell did that NOT work? :teek:

ToTheNines
01-28-2017, 08:34 PM
He's a douche.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-28-2017, 08:56 PM
He's a douche.

Dammit, he squandered a resource other men could only dream of... The Perfect Pick-Up Line.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
01-28-2017, 11:12 PM

It never worked.

Man that's messed up. LOL! You GOTTA keep it cheesy to keep it classy people!

DestronMirage22
01-28-2017, 11:32 PM

It never worked.

:lol: Gotta admire that he was actually brave enough to go through with something like that.

plastroncafe
01-29-2017, 12:10 AM
Dammit, he squandered a resource other men could only dream of... The Perfect Pick-Up Line.

Pick-up artists really do ruin pretty much everything.

Prowler
01-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Do pick-up liens even work? I thought people only used those for laughs as in saying "man that's so cheesy/ridiculous"!

plastroncafe
01-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Do pick-up liens even work? I thought people only used those for laughs as in saying "man that's so cheesy/ridiculous"!

Cheesy pick-up lines used ironically, can work.
Especially if the person using them either has, or can convincingly fake, having the confidence to pull them off.

That Pick-Up Artist stuff though? That's crap.

ToTheNines
01-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Hmm, it just hit me that my initials are CFF. If I ever learn that a girl is into BDSM I'll have to bust out ol' Fred's missing U line.

Jephael
01-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Pick-up artists really do ruin pretty much everything.

Blame it on movies where they make it look effortless. Ever watch that scene in Catch Me If You Can where Leonardo DiCaprio hits on that bimbo bank teller? In real life he'd probably get pepper sprayed in the eye.

plastroncafe
01-29-2017, 10:18 AM
Blame it on movies where they make it look effortless. Ever watch that scene in Catch Me If You Can where Leonardo DiCaprio hits on that bimbo bank teller? In real life he'd probably get pepper sprayed in the eye.

Lay off the bimbo talk, and maybe, just maybe you'll up your odds.

Jephael
01-29-2017, 10:30 AM

Can I say she was a "ditzy blonde" or is that too derogatory as well?

plastroncafe
01-29-2017, 11:03 AM
Can I say she was a "ditzy blonde" or is that too derogatory as well?

That depends:
Who're you trying to impress?
Because if it's me, you're kind of failing miserably.
If it's the rest of the he-man woman haters club, you're doing fine.

ToTheNines
01-29-2017, 11:11 AM
I'd **** DiCaprio.

Jephael
01-29-2017, 12:03 PM
Who're you trying to impress?
Because if it's me, you're kind of failing miserably.
If it's the rest of the he-man woman haters club, you're doing fine.

Hey I don't judge people based on gender, I judge them based on personality and character flaws. The fictional lady I was referring to was easily smitten by DiCaprio's suave demeanor, and I was just trying to point out how unrealistic that scenario was. Sorry if my choice in words offended you, and I'll try to be more PC in the future.

I'd **** DiCaprio.

Yea we all have that one crush that makes us question our sexuality. For me it's Tom Welling.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-29-2017, 04:30 PM

The chatbots he talks with LOVE being called bimbos. If only he had enough cash to buy one of them a visa, his single days would be over.

Candy Kappa
01-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Maybe this thread should be donated to Jeph.

Cure
01-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Hey I don't judge people based on gender, I judge them based on personality and character flaws. The fictional lady I was referring to was easily smitten by DiCaprio's suave demeanor, and I was just trying to point out how unrealistic that scenario was. Sorry if my choice in words offended you, and I'll try to be more PC in the future.

It's not unrealistic. People who look like Leo D could probably accomplish that pretty easily. You don't look like Leo D. And I can't say FOR SURE, but I'm willing to bet you aren't as charming, either.

Jephael
01-29-2017, 11:35 PM
It's not unrealistic. People who look like Leo D could probably accomplish that pretty easily. You don't look like Leo D. And I can't say FOR SURE, but I'm willing to bet you aren't as charming, either.

Definitely not these days, but you should've seen me back in 1999. Man what I'd give to be 18 again...

http://www.jephael.com/Jeff_twins.jpg

I did neglect to take into account the fact that movie in particular was set in the late 60s, so social interaction then was way different.

Jephael
01-29-2017, 11:49 PM
Maybe this thread should be donated to Jeph.

Yea but then you'd have to change the thread title to "Help me talk to girls half my age" LOL!!!

Prowler
01-30-2017, 07:07 AM
...that doesn't sound creepy at all.

Jephael
01-30-2017, 09:10 AM
Yea, I was in a salty mood when I posted that last night. To be totally honest, I prefer to court women who were born anywhere between 1975 to 1989. Only problem there is most single women in that age range are divorced and/or single moms at this point. Kinda hard to find a women in her 30s with no baggage from previous relationships. Nothing really wrong with that in my opinion. Infact I was once wooed by a nice gal an old roommate set me up with and she did have a young child, but for some stupid reason it freaked me out. Having been raised by conservative christian parents might have something to do with it.

ToTheNines
01-30-2017, 09:18 AM
hTIZRJzpo5E

Jephael
01-30-2017, 09:26 AM
The sad thing is that's all I did in my early 20s. I was way too infatuated with the notion of getting laid, thinking it'd be like how it is in the movies and steamy WB dramas. Having spent so much of my life glued to the boob tube (pun intended) I still have a problem understanding the differences between real life circumstances and fictional scenarios, hence my earlier comments about that Leonardo DiCaprio flick.

ToTheNines
01-31-2017, 10:19 PM
Just so y'all know, I was just joking about Leo.

I'm really truly gay for Paul Rudd. I'd be his boyfriend real fast.

ToTheNines
01-31-2017, 10:21 PM
Also, I invented "snakethecuck".

plastroncafe
01-31-2017, 11:32 PM
He really does seem like the kind of guy who'd get off on watching someone other than him bang his girl.

ToTheNines
01-31-2017, 11:34 PM
Are you referring to cuckolds?

plastroncafe
01-31-2017, 11:37 PM
Are you referring to cuckolds?

Well, that is what "cuck" is inferring, so yes.
Then again, I could be wrong.
I am the prude, after all.

heh.

Bry
01-31-2017, 11:44 PM
He really does seem like the kind of guy who'd get off on watching someone other than him bang his girl.

There's one major flaw in that scenario, my friend.

ToTheNines
01-31-2017, 11:46 PM
As far as actual cucks go, is that a wire crossed stemming from watching porn? That's certainly a 3rd person experience.

plastroncafe
01-31-2017, 11:47 PM
There's one major flaw in that scenario, my friend.

That he doesn't have a girl?
Or that he's too young to really be concerned about banging anything?

As far as actual cucks go, is that a wire crossed stemming from watching porn? That's certainly a 3rd person experience.

Different strokes for different folks.
Or so I'm told.

I think originally the term is meant to be used on men who are so weak-willed that their women go elsewhere. Which...wow, so much to unpack there.
I much prefer the modern version. Seems like those folks have way more fun, than those grumps who measure their self worth by someone else's behavior.

ToTheNines
01-31-2017, 11:54 PM
That he doesn't have a girl?
Or that he's too young to really be concerned about banging anything?

I was 17 upon my first pound. He'll be there in no time.

Different strokes for different folks.
Or so I'm told.

I think originally the term is meant to be used on men who are so weak-willed that their women go elsewhere. Which...wow, so much to unpack there.
I much prefer the modern version. Seems like those folks have way more fun, than those grumps who measure their self worth by someone else's behavior.

As long as they're getting theirs too, agreed.

Jephael
02-01-2017, 12:45 PM
I was 17 upon my first pound.

I was 17 when I first got the balls to ask out a girl in high school. Unfortunately she turned out to be my cousin's ex-girlfriend. I didn't even know that until a year later when I overheard him talking to my parents about it. The funny thing is he didn't even seem to mind that I liked her (I'm guessing their relationship was simply a childhood fling or something to that effect). The only apparent reason she didn't go out with me was because she was involved with somebody else. My sister was the only person in the family to make a big stink over it, telling me how wrong it was to ask out a friend or family member's ex, yet it happens all the time in TV and movies. It's probably a lot more acceptable now than it was 20 years ago to do something like that, though if I had it to do over again I'd ask both my cousin and his ex how they really felt on the matter.

shuriken
02-03-2017, 03:08 AM
Oh 17, what a magical time of awkward kisses, awkward high school dances, getting rejected, getting a steady girlfriend, my "stunt phase" and when I was running 30 miles a week...I 'm glad it happened but I'd never wanna go through that again.
And snake you'll be alright kid. If you're spending as much time with her there's a good chance she's into you. But Powder and Plastron pretty much gave you the best bits of advice.

Jephael
02-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Hey I couldn't help but notice that tag about me, and yea I must admit "bimbo" was definitely a very strong choice of words. Though to be fair, I consider that term gender neutral. Guys can be that way as well. Here are some good examples:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/eHQQGL3dGOyQM/200_s.gif

Joey Tribbiani from Friends; was a complete moron (I'd even say borderline retarded) and mostly thought with his stomach and wang

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b1/03/90/b10390ac12d2869aaa151a87fc33dec9.jpg

Charlie Sheen's infamous character on Two and a Half Men had a similar sex drive, and was actually pretty charming at times, but his egotistical nature would constantly lead him into hot water anyway.

https://m.popkey.co/8b3785/xRR55_s-200x150.gif

Finally we have Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother who was basically a complete man-child.

Rounding back to the main subject of this thread, what can we really learn about dating from these fictional characters, besides what NOT to do?

Dust
03-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Try spinning, that's a good trick.

ProactiveMan
04-01-2017, 11:17 AM
It's working! It's working!

snake
04-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Wow, I was such a cuck when I posted this. Got rid of this oneitis a month or so back. We're still friends, but I'm not going after that anymore.

Prowler
04-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Good. Never get too attached to a particular girl in case things aren't working out that well with her as you expected.

You're still young. There's tons of girls out there. Go live your life.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Girls aren't even remotely attractive till 17 or 18 anyway, so don't bother till then.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-01-2017, 02:30 PM
This comin' from the guy who wrote about big-boobied 10-year-olds.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Anime/animated girls are never drawn their age, and you know this. Real life girls don't fill out till they're in their late teens.

snake
04-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Girls aren't even remotely attractive till 17 or 18 anyway, so don't bother till then.

Not true in the slightest.

Jephael
04-03-2017, 05:48 AM
Never get too attached to a particular girl in case things aren't working out that well with her as you expected.

You're still young. There's tons of girls out there. Go live your life.

Man I could've used this advice about 20 years ago.

Dust
04-03-2017, 11:26 AM

Not true at all

plastroncafe
04-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Cubed, no one cares about your boner.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Cubed, no one cares about your boner.

But do we care about his LACK of a boner?

DisKosh
04-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Girls are people, treat them with the respect as you treat boys.

Try flirting, compliment them, tell them they're intelligent, interesting, pretty etc. Joke with them, also keep in mind how they respond.

If she turns you down politely, respect her decision and autonomy. If you want to rant, talk to a friend.

If she's rude about it, scrap her, you're better than that.

ABrown
04-03-2017, 12:48 PM

You're telling me that when you were 13,14,15 years old, you didn't find any of the girls your age attractive? Regardless, I'm in my mid thirties right now. So I'm while I'm not going to say that I'm attracted to girls under the age of 17, I would never say that they're "unattractive".

DarkFell
04-03-2017, 01:31 PM
I was gonna ask if you could go to Prom Snake, but you might not be able to go.

However back in my High School years, I would hear of guys gloating within the school hallways that they managed to sneak in to Prom, despite them being Freshmen and Sophomores'.

If they actually were successful...