PDA

View Full Version : Take a guess at when the next hiatus will start and how long it will last

ObiWanFan4life
10-04-2016, 10:38 AM
With how sporadic the hiatuses for this show have been (especially with this season), I thought I'd make a game out of it.:D

For instance, I predict that Season 4 will probably carry over in 2017, and that Season 5 will start a month later.

ABrown
10-04-2016, 11:36 AM
When the show eventually comes to an end. They won't even say it's over. It'll just be on permanent hiatus.

ObiWanFan4life
10-04-2016, 11:54 AM
When the show eventually comes to an end. They won't even say it's over. It'll just be on permanent hiatus.

Pretty much.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Season 4 only has 6 episodes left, they're obviously going to air the rest of it by the end of the year. They also do 1 hour airings of the season finale's, so they'll air the last 2 together.

So 5 more weeks of new episodes makes sense when they start again

IndigoErth
10-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Since I think it comes back early next month(?), prob won't make it past Nov., or stop in early Dec. at best if they skip a week since I think I recall they've avoided airing the week around U.S. Thanksgiving before. Prob won't see the rest of the season until late Jan. at best.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Since I think it comes back early next month(?), prob won't make it past Nov., or stop in early Dec. at best if they skip a week since I think I recall they've avoided airing the week around U.S. Thanksgiving before. Prob won't see the rest of the season until late Jan. at best.

There's only 6 episodes left.

IndigoErth
10-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Yes, but how often do we actually get that many in a row? Almost never. Though what I'm looking at suggests there are 7, unless you're counting the last two together assuming it's the typical hour block?

Taking it as 7 left, my bet... we get a chunk of four and three (or visa versa). Maybe it'll go straight through, but that runs it into and close to holidays/holiday weeks that they seem to avoid.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes, but how often do we actually get that many in a row? Almost never. Though what I'm looking at suggests there are 7, unless you're counting the last two together assuming it's the typical hour block?

Taking it as 7 left, my bet... we get a chunk or four and three (or visa versa).

They air 4 episodes. The finale is usually a 2-parter and aired as a 1 hour special. So that's only 5 weeks.

Vicky82
10-04-2016, 12:29 PM
They air 4 episodes. The finale is usually a 2-parter and aired as a 1 hour special. So that's only 5 weeks.

It doesn't look like its 2 part final this time because of Gwendoline Yeo's tweeting the last 2 episodes.

Gwendoline Yeo ‏ Sep 25
@NickelodeonTV @TMNTMaster #tmnt #shinigami in:
416 – “Broken Foot”
420 – “The Super Shredder”
425 – “Requiem”
426 – “Owari”
Kisses&Spells!

https://twitter.com/GwendolineYeo/status/779988618718752769

ToTheNines
10-04-2016, 12:37 PM
So season 2 premiered with a 7 ep run. Season 3 with 6 eps. Season 4 with 4 eps.

I think they'll show the first episode of season 5 this year then go on a stupid long break.

Lol, nice.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Even if the last episodes isn't a 2-parter they'll still likely air them as an hour finale.

Either way I'm sure we'll see the end of Season 4 by the end of the year.

ObiWanFan4life
10-04-2016, 12:46 PM
As if. Who knows, maybe they'll take a break after the penultimate episode and return two months later.

Vicky82
10-04-2016, 01:33 PM
I hope they show the last 7 episodes in one go, but I do have a feeling there could be a break in between because they don't air new episodes in December.

I have a feeling its going to be like this.

Episode 20 - Nov 6th
Episode 21 - Nov 13th
Episode 22 - Nov 20th
Episode 23 - Nov 27th
Episode 24 - Jan 8th
Episode 25/26 - Jan 15th
Or
Episode 26th - Jan 22nd

Then maybe they air 1st 2 episodes of season 5 straight after season 4, then go on a break again.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 02:09 PM
They'll air the rest of season 4 by the end of the year

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-04-2016, 02:14 PM
And I thought the CW hiatuses sucked.

I feel for you peeps.

Vicky82
10-04-2016, 02:22 PM
In the UK we are only up to Transdimensional Turtles. The new DVD season 4 vol 1/2 is coming out next week and it will have episodes Revenge of the Triceratons and The Evil of Dregg on it but those episodes haven't aired yet so I don't know when Nickelodeon will start airing new episodes here.

And I thought the CW hiatuses sucked.

I feel for you peeps.

What's CW?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-04-2016, 02:33 PM
In the UK we are only up to Transdimensional Turtles. The new DVD season 4 vol 1/2 is coming out next week and it will have episodes Revenge of the Triceratons and The Evil of Dregg on it but those episodes haven't aired yet so I don't know when Nickelodeon will start airing new episodes here.

What's CW?

The CW Television Network is an American broadcast television network that is operated by The CW Network, LLC.

Zak The Neutrino
10-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Even if the last episodes isn't a 2-parter they'll still likely air them as an hour finale.

Either way I'm sure we'll see the end of Season 4 by the end of the year.

They'll air the rest of season 4 by the end of the year

Season 4 only has 6 episodes left, they're obviously going to air the rest of it by the end of the year. They also do 1 hour airings of the season finale's, so they'll air the last 2 together.

So 5 more weeks of new episodes makes sense when they start again

So what you're saying is you think season 4 will all air by the end of the year?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-04-2016, 02:51 PM
So what you're saying is you think season 4 will all air by the end of the year?

If Cubed was one of those talking parrots, he'd have been strangled or fed to a housecat long ago.

CyberCubed
10-04-2016, 03:33 PM
I'd be surprised if they didn't finish them off by the end of the year.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-04-2016, 03:37 PM
I'd be surprised if they didn't finish them off by the end of the year.

<SQUAWK!!!!>

<Munch munch munch>

<Meow>

ssjup81
10-04-2016, 03:51 PM
This thread needs to be...........stickied! :-P

Seriously, it should be, so that way, we can see who was right with their predictions.

It's sad that this show has so many hiatuses that you actually can make a game of it.

ToTheNines
10-04-2016, 03:59 PM
If Cubed was one of those talking parrots, he'd have been strangled or fed to a housecat long ago.

I can't believe he hasn't been strangled or fed to a cat as a human.

Andrew NDB
10-04-2016, 04:03 PM

That's actually very possible. I wouldn't be surprised if it never receives a real "ending."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-04-2016, 04:05 PM
I can't believe he hasn't been strangled or fed to a cat as a human.

It hasn't happened yet because you don't know where he lives! :twink:

ToTheNines
10-04-2016, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't kill him. Just fight him.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-04-2016, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't kill him. Just fight him.

Yeah, well... nerdy necks are either protected by six inches of fat or as thin as a crazy straw.

Odds are 50/50 you'd accidentally kill him.

IndigoErth
10-04-2016, 04:50 PM
That's actually very possible. I wouldn't be surprised if it never receives a real "ending."
What would suck if they never just declare it over when it is.

Syfy's old show Destination Truth did that for so long after it disappeared and they would never just say that it was done for the longest time. Waiting and hoping that long sucked when it's just left to eventually be given up on and forgotten about.

As far as Nick goes... I don't want them to do they like do with the darn Sponge. Mostly repeats forever and then a couple times a year suddenly there's randomly a new one or two. No thanks.

Metalwolf
10-04-2016, 09:21 PM
If Cubed was one of those talking parrots, he'd have been strangled or fed to a housecat long ago.Or eaten. You could always eat him! He'd probably be stringy and have a gamey taste, but that's if you don't marinate him first in some kind of sauce.

Me and some of these other folks on this Star Wars forum once talked about what the aliens would taste like if they were real, so basically the same principal. :tpizza:

The next hiatus will probably be through the Christmas holidays. It's been that way many times before, so probably it starts mid-late November.

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 01:33 AM
People this isn't complicated. There's 6 eps left of Season 4. New episodes are already starting the beginning of November.

Its very obvious and likely they'll air the last 6 by the end of the year to end the current story arc. Then there will obviously be a hiatus of 2 months or whatever before Season 5 starts probably around March.

IndigoErth
11-27-2016, 04:57 PM
With how sporadic the hiatuses for this show have been (especially with this season), I thought I'd make a game out of it.:D

*cough* So far so good... :trazz: Crossed out what I can't claim a win on of course. Yet. lol

Cube, you owe me a pizza. :P Maybe. Unless it's just a short couple of weeks break and they come back to save you from being wrong.