PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Grey

RaphaelsIsolation
10-07-2016, 11:41 AM
So, I'm so far behind on TMNT comics It's insane.

I mean to enjoy them and get caught up. I've never read the 2 part Shades of Grey, but I've read all the main stuff through the return to NY stuff.

I've never read City at War either, so my question is, can I read Shades of Grey 2 part comic arch by itself? Is it self contained? Or would I need to read the issues before it? I know it leads in City at War, but what about the issues before hand?

Thanks guys

CyberCubed
10-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Just buy Ultimate Collections 4 and 5. Shades of Gray is a 2-parter that acts as a preview to City at War.

RaphaelsIsolation
10-07-2016, 11:56 AM
I have ULT 4 but not 5

I recently got the issues at a good price in great condition of SoG, so I was wanting to read them as issues, they are self contained?

CyberCubed
10-07-2016, 11:57 AM
As long as you already know the backstory of the Mirage Turtles and Casey, they're pretty self contained. Nobody is in it too.

DrSpengler
10-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Shades of Grey sets up Casey's arc for City at War, so if you go into CaW cold the situation with Casey won't make much sense.

It's also very good.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Shades of Gray directly leads into City at War.

Together, the one story is the pinnacle of TMNT storytelling. Never been topped, never will.

Read it now!

DK2
10-16-2016, 10:00 PM
Yeah "Shades of Grey" is pretty much apart of the "City at War" arc. Especially for Casey's character. So altogether its really a 15 part story instead of just CaW's 13 parts.

RaphaelsIsolation
10-19-2016, 08:39 AM
So I read both Shades of Grey and the first 3 issues of CaW

Great stuff. Issue 50 was intense I thought. Little dialouge, but it worked great. It reminded me of a movie that shows lots of scenes with music but no talking.

Shades of Grey was a perfect setup. Casey killing that dude was interesting. Nobody for me was kinda lame. He's a zealous undercover cop that wears a cape basically? I mean that's kinda neat I guess.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-19-2016, 09:26 AM

Great stuff. Issue 50 was intense I thought. Little dialouge, but it worked great. It reminded me of a movie that shows lots of scenes with music but no talking.

Shades of Grey was a perfect setup. Casey killing that dude was interesting. Nobody for me was kinda lame. He's a zealous undercover cop that wears a cape basically? I mean that's kinda neat I guess.

Yeah, Nobody is the least lame of the lame Mirage superhero characters. I've never been a fan of him.

myconius
10-26-2016, 07:45 AM

after you've read City at War you may want to check out the 13 issue run of Mirage Vol. #2 ?

it's been reprinted in volumes 8, 9 & 10 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics

https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Classics/comics-series/9138?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzd C9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI