PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Matthew

CyberCubed
10-07-2016, 02:09 PM
800+ dead in Haiti. People never stood a chance.

Lots of damage around Cuba as well. Floridians got off easy.

plastroncafe
10-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Well, they have so far.
At least it's been downgraded to a Category 3, and hopefully people will be able to clean up and brace for when it circles back as a Tropical Depression.

BubblyShell22
10-07-2016, 03:06 PM
They closed Disney World because of the hurricane. My heart goes out to all of those affected by it.

Cure
10-07-2016, 03:30 PM
They closed Disney World because of the hurricane.

That's what you're worried about, eh?

Yeah, one of my best friends lives in Florida and I was worried for him, but he's fine.

CyberCubed
10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Its weird that the world is only concerned about the damage done to the U.S. Over 800+ have already died in Haiti with millions more in serious need of help such as food and shelter, and its glossed over by the media.

Powder
10-07-2016, 04:11 PM
It's weird that you think the world is the US.

IndigoErth
10-07-2016, 04:24 PM
I don't think people are only concerned about the U.S., but understandable I think for people in this country to be concerned about our own for the moment while it is here. Some people do have friends and/or family in the affected states.

Have a friend that lives in a town outside Orlando, though luckily I think they were expecting no worse than TS conditions that far in.

Icebot
10-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Considering everything that's happened with Matthew so far, I'm pretty sure Matthew will be replaced with another M name for the 2022 hurricane season, although that won't be official until April.

Prayers to everyone affected by Matthew.

Prowler
10-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Its weird that the world is only concerned about the damage done to the U.S. Over 800+ have already died in Haiti with millions more in serious need of help such as food and shelter, and its glossed over by the media.
So you don't remember the Bali tsunami over a decade ago and the big Earthquake in Japan in 2011 being talked about on the news for days?

BubblyShell22
10-08-2016, 11:34 AM
That's what you're worried about, eh?

Yeah, one of my best friends lives in Florida and I was worried for him, but he's fine.

Read my post again, dumba**. I did say my heart goes out to all of those affected by Matthew meaning here and in Haiti. I was just stating that the park was closed due to the hurricane.

Cure
10-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Touchy, touchy.

BubblyShell22
10-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Maybe I am, but you implied that all I cared about was the park closing and that wasn't true at all. I was merely stating a fact that it had closed due to the hurricane. You should read things more carefully before you assume anything about anyone.

FredWolfLeonardo
10-08-2016, 03:23 PM
I've got some family members, glad they're safe and my heart goes out to those affected by the hurricane. Its times like these when I'm reminded of how vulnerable we are, despite all of our technological advancements, to fate.

plastroncafe
10-08-2016, 03:34 PM
As much as I malign Facebook, I do like that it's got a "Checked In Okay" function for times like these.

Prowler
10-08-2016, 05:20 PM
As much as I malign Facebook, I do like that it's got a "Checked In Okay" function for times like these.
Can I get my Haiti flag filter now?

Spike Spiegel
10-08-2016, 07:25 PM

Two of my old running buddies moved back to Florida; it was good to see they're all right.