PDA

View Full Version : Recast the TMNT with actual teenage actors

ShellShock
10-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Who, that is between the ages of 15 and 19, do you guys think would be good enough to play the Turtles in future films?

Powder
10-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Jeremy Shada is the only talented youth I know of who I'd like to see portray a TMNT.

TurtleTitan97
10-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Jeremy Shada is the only talented youth I know of who I'd like to see portray a TMNT.

I never knew how much I wanted this to happen until now.

Leolead
10-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Asa Butterfield - Leo
Teo Halm - Mike
Jacob Latimore - Raph
Liam James - Don

I hope they do take a page out of Spider-Man and cast actual teens for the Turtles in the next reboot.

Andrew NDB
10-12-2016, 06:00 PM
I don't really care. Trying to force the TMNT to actually be like human teenagers is inherently dumb. Literally casting teenage actors for them is just plain unnecessary.

Candy Kappa
10-12-2016, 06:16 PM
I'd prefer short stunt actors and have some decent voice actors to give the Turtles personality. The problem with teenage actors and kid actors is that they grow up and can have a sudden growth spur between movies, voice changes and stuff.

The idea is nice sounding, but it has its risks.

Leolead
10-12-2016, 07:56 PM
I'd prefer short stunt actors and have some decent voice actors to give the Turtles personality. The problem with teenage actors and kid actors is that they grow up and can have a sudden growth spur between movies, voice changes and stuff.

The idea is nice sounding, but it has its risks.
They need to, ideally-- cast in the 17-21 range to avoid any problems with Puberty. It's not a huge deal to me either way, it would just be nice to have an authentic teen/young adult. It's not like Spider-Man where Andrew Garfield looked like a 35 year-old graduating College for the first time in TASM2 lmao

Wildcat
10-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Well they'd be in costume or CGI so I don't see how it would do any good.

A voice can only go so far and if someone older can do better jobs there's no point.

plastroncafe
10-13-2016, 12:28 AM
I think this is a fun exercise, however I don't actually know any teenage actors who are actually teenagers and not Hollywood teenagers.

ProactiveMan
10-13-2016, 04:15 AM
It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure I see the point in doing that. They're not typical teenagers; they're mutant reptiles inculcated in a holistic martial arts tradition, who were raised by a rat in the sewer. Who even knows what the life-cycle of a mutant turtle is - 15 could be middle-age!

pferreira
10-13-2016, 09:44 AM
It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure I see the point in doing that. They're not typical teenagers; they're mutant reptiles inculcated in a holistic martial arts tradition, who were raised by a rat in the sewer. Who even knows what the life-cycle of a mutant turtle is - 15 could be middle-age!Good point! :lol: