PDA

View Full Version : turtle Reincarnation/mysticism in Mirage?

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-12-2016, 11:53 AM
When I was remembering all the people who are against the IDW reincarnation story and the mystical elements, I seemed to recall something from when I read the Mirage comics a few years ago. Wasn't Leonardo the reincarnation of a feudal Japanese samurai with a wife and family, and Splinter had a connection to Kubira, the rat-god from the Chinese zodiac, and one of the twelve heavenly generals from Buddhism? If I'm remembering correctly, then that would go a heck of a long way towards explaining how a mimicking rat learned martial arts, and how leo picked up on swordplay so easily and so well.

myconius
10-12-2016, 12:02 PM
When I was remembering all the people who are against the IDW reincarnation story and the mystical elements, I seemed to recall something from when I read the Mirage comics a few years ago. Wasn't Leonardo the reincarnation of a feudal Japanese samurai with a wife and family, and Splinter had a connection to Kubira, the rat-god from the Chinese zodiac, and one of the twelve heavenly generals from Buddhism? If I'm remembering correctly, then that would go a heck of a long way towards explaining how a mimicking rat learned martial arts, and how leo picked up on swordplay so easily and so well.

wasn't that scene of Leonardo in feudal Japan from the mini-series 'Tales of Leonardo: Blind Sight'?

if that's what you are thinking of, that was only just a hallucinogenic vision Leonardo experienced to help him realize what truly transpired on the night he was blinded and made to think he inadvertently killed an innocent.

Candy Kappa
10-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Yeah, it was all a hallucinogenic dream thanks to Splinter's "infini-tea"

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-12-2016, 12:18 PM
wasn't that scene of Leonardo in feudal Japan from the mini-series 'Tales of Leonardo: Blind Sight'?

if that's what you are thinking of, that was only just a hallucinogenic vision Leonardo experienced to help him realize what truly transpired on the night he was blinded and made to think he inadvertently killed an innocent.

But didn't Splinter at the end kind of challenge that idea that it was just a hallucination by telling him Kubira thanked him for the return of the swords?

Suddenly, the legend of the Yokai video from 2014 doesn't seem so farfetched...

myconius
10-12-2016, 12:38 PM
But didn't Splinter at the end kind of challenge that idea that it was just a hallucination by telling him Kubira thanked him for the return of the swords?

Suddenly, the legend of the Yokai video from 2014 doesn't seem so farfetched...

when Leonardo was telling Splinter of his hallucination, he speculated that perhaps Kubira might possibly be an ancestor.

at the end of the story Splinter said a prayer to Kubira thanking him for returning Leonardo's sight (and ability to once again use his swords).

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-12-2016, 12:46 PM
when Leonardo was telling Splinter of his hallucination, he speculated that perhaps Kubira might possibly be an ancestor.

at the end of the story Splinter said a prayer to Kubira thanking him for returning Leonardo's sight (and ability to once again use his swords).

Ohh... ok, thanks. I thought I remembered Splinter saying "...He thanks you for returning his swords" after Leo had left, implying the whole thing actually had been real.

Andrew NDB
10-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I don't mind the reincarnation thing at all in IDW and I wouldn't mind it on screen... but it has no place in Mirage TMNT.

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-12-2016, 12:56 PM
I don't mind the reincarnation thing at all in IDW and I wouldn't mind it on screen... but it has no place in Mirage TMNT.

Nobody said it did...I was asking about it's usage in the Mirage 'blind sight' story line. -_-

myconius
10-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Ohh... ok, thanks. I thought I remembered Splinter saying "...He thanks you for returning his swords" after Leo had left, implying the whole thing actually had been real.

you had the basic gist of it. :)
i really enjoyed that story so i read and re-read it several times.