PDA

View Full Version : Neca 2008 figures

Optimus1
10-13-2016, 05:28 AM
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. I'll eventually post a few shots of some tmnt customs, but a question has brought me here sooner! I picked up three Neca figures from a car boot sale for a few pounds each, thinking they would be a cool addition to the collection, even though they would be bootlegs. But having studied the evidence on'ine, it seems I may have picked up genuines!

So, I have a raph with two sais, Donnie with bo staff and a Leo with one sword. As we are trying to save up for a house move, I've been trying to find what kind of value these would go for. I can see what the bootlegs go for on eBay, but can't find much information about the genuine figures. Can anyone help?

Candy Kappa
10-13-2016, 05:58 AM
Loose figures without all the accessories don't go for much. And if the hands don't pop off, you got the 4-pack Turtles which is worth even less, although it's a bit irrelevant if you don't have the extra hands.

I donno, maybe $20-$30 for the lot, maybe more if the buyer is desperate enough for cheaper legit figures. The marked is saturated with bootlegs, and legit figures are more valued in-packaged, preferably the clamshell packaging.

Optimus1
10-14-2016, 03:58 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply, kind of glad they're not worth loads, gives me a good excuse to my wife to keep them for myself!

DVD
10-14-2016, 06:09 AM
Best to hold onto them.

Without packaging, and the full set of extras, there is next to know way to distinguish between an original first release and the subsequent reissues.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/39C23043-2FFA-4698-B6FC-5F8DC4A01D57.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/39C23043-2FFA-4698-B6FC-5F8DC4A01D57.jpg.html)

I know what this is... I left a clue!! I could not convince anyone that it was not a reissue without even further 'evidence'.

Anyway , regardless of pedigree, if you like em.. keep em. These are awesome renditions of the Tutles.

cloud
10-16-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm curious. How much are people willing to spend on the original 2008 NECA Turtles?

EddieNES
10-16-2016, 06:52 PM
I'm curious. How much are people willing to spend on the original 2008 NECA Turtles?

Different for everyone.
I went bootleg because I started collecting after the real release. Seemed logical to me since I open and display to go the cheaper route.

But some would pay more for real in box.

But if you wanted a number, if I truly wanted the real ones. I wouldn't go higher than $40 for each. Probably $50-60 for Don.

TMNachoT
10-26-2016, 02:27 PM
Different for everyone.
I went bootleg because I started collecting after the real release. Seemed logical to me since I open and display to go the cheaper route.

But if you wanted a number, if I truly wanted the real ones. I wouldn't go higher than $40 for each. Probably $50-60 for Don.

$40 with or without the waepons, base and accessories?

slashpieturtlemix
10-26-2016, 05:06 PM
I would guess $20 myself without the accessories besides the weapons.

cloud
10-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Different for everyone.

That's what I feel about the after market with toys. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for something that's rare but just don't see how a plastic toy be worth the sky rocket price. I see a few items that goes for expensive prices on Ebay but haven't seen anyone buying them.
I just think the value is there, and people would agree with that value but don't feel it's money they want to spend on.