PDA

View Full Version : January 2017 Solicitations

AlZarkovski
10-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #66
http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/5490454-1+tmnt66_cvr-mockonly.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1610/19/tmnt66c.jpg
http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/5490455-2+tmnt-66-cover02-final.jpg
Tom Waltz (W), Kevin Eastman (W/VC), Sophie Campbell (A/C/VC).

Alopex is alone, her psyche reeling from Kitsune's mind control. With Raphael and Nobody searching for her, will Alopex be able to find her way back to the side of good?

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Jan. 11.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #6
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1610/19/tmntuniverse6a.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1610/19/tmntuniverse6b.jpg
John Lees, Nick Pitarra, Brahm Revel (W), Nick Pitarra (A/VC), Brahm Revel (A), Freddie Williams (C), Logan Faeber (VC)

Behold the debut of the TMNT's weirdest foe yet: Wyrm! When Michelangelo tries to help find a missing person in the sewers, he ends up discovering something he wished stayed in the dark!

32 pages, $4.99, in stores on Jan. 4.

Batman/TMNT Adventures #3
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1610/19/tmntbatman3a.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1610/19/tmntbatman3b.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1610/19/tmntbatman3c.jpg
Matthew K. Manning (W), Jon Sommariva (A/C). Erica Henderson (VC), Billy Martin (VC)

A fiendish alliance unfolds behind the scenes, unbeknownst to Batman and the TMNT as they are forced to fight a Poison Ivy-powered Snakeweed!

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Jan. 18.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2016, 11:01 AM
That cover is GORGEOUS.

But where's TMNTU #6, man? Now I gotta go Google for it!? :tlol:

neatoman
10-18-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to do this.
pa_e9B6uNnE

Alternatively:
1gJ1jg6ajcQ

ChosenOne
10-18-2016, 11:35 AM
I hope we don't have to see Alopex slaughter a polar bear to regain control over her own mind, or anything of the sort... :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2016, 11:40 AM
I hope we don't have to see Alopex slaughter a polar bear to regain control over her own mind, or anything of the sort... :(

Hey, shut up, you. Show a little sensitivity.

Alopex needs to BEAR her soul. :trazz:

CyberCubed
10-18-2016, 11:41 AM
This Alopex story is just one issue, right? I don't want to see this dragged out over 3-4 issues in Alaska.

I want the story to move on to Bishop, the Utroms, and the Mutanimals again.

AlZarkovski
10-18-2016, 11:42 AM
That cover is GORGEOUS.

But where's TMNTU #6, man? Now I gotta go Google for it!? :tlol:
Soon. Maybe later today. ;)
It was Exclusive Solicit: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-solicit-reveal-teenage-mutant-ninja-turt/1100-156132/

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2016, 11:42 AM
This Alopex story is just one issue, right? I don't want to see this dragged out over 3-4 issues in Alaska.

I want the story to move on to Bishop, the Utroms, and the Mutanimals again.

Yes, one issue.

ChosenOne
10-18-2016, 11:43 AM
But I am sensitive, only it's to the bear's plight. Animal abuse is a big no-no in my book (and in my books).

CyberCubed
10-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Hm, the Turtles going to Alaska happened in a Ninjara "Moon Eyes" story at the end of the Archie run. And here's an Alopex story.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2016, 11:45 AM
But I am sensitive, only it's to the bear's plight. Animal abuse is a big no-no in my book (and in my books).

:tlol:

I bearly believe you.

ChosenOne
10-18-2016, 11:46 AM
Hopefully Raph and Angel polar out of there before she can kill any innocent critters. 8)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Hopefully Raph and Angel polar out of there before she can kill any innocent critters. 8)

'Ice. Well done, man.

Powder
10-18-2016, 12:14 PM
More Sophie is always good.

Utrommaniac
10-18-2016, 12:21 PM
I am going to take a leap and say that the Bear Situation will be resolved for Kitsune one way or another. Then after that, her recovery should go a little smoother.

But yes, I'm with the others one wanting to get back to the Utroms and Bishop. I seem to recall Mr. Burnow on his Q&A thread saying that the Triceratons might be somewhere in 2017 too.

(Man...that paper with the crop and bleed marks...I must find it!)

CyberCubed
10-18-2016, 12:57 PM
A lot of the post issue 50 story has dealt with Darius/Street Phantoms and left overs from the previous arcs like Kitsune/The Pantheon and so forth. If you notice most of issue 51 onward has dealt with that. This Alopex issue is yet more aftermath from the Kitsune story that was brewing since issue 46 or so.

What I'm most interested is the new stuff. Like Bishop, the Utroms, Leatherhead, Hob's new status quo with the Mutanimals, etc.

funatic
10-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Psyched to see an issue of Alopex back in my home state! And I can forgive they put a polar bear in my home town last time we went there in the Alopex mini (even though that's probably 400 miles further south than you'll ever see a polar bear) just because Sophie draws them so epically! #albinogrizzly

Harukuro
10-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Don't want to sound rude, but why does it say "Santolouco" on the cover when it should say "Campbell"? :tconfuse: That should probably be fixed.

Also, this cover is a mixture of gorgeous and terrifying; well done (as usual) Sophie Campbell! :tcool:

CyberCubed
10-19-2016, 12:27 AM
I hope we find out the next story arc in TMNT Universe. January should be after the Hob/Leatherhead issue which is just a single issue story.

AlZarkovski
10-19-2016, 01:07 AM
First look on Batman/TMNT Adventures #3 cover:

http://s020.radikal.ru/i711/1610/49/57a54e045eact.jpg (http://radikal.ru/big/4yccp7qnt3ghz)

discordiatookie
10-19-2016, 04:18 AM
Whenever I hear Sophie Campbell's working on the book, i'm like :tlove::tparty::tthumbsu:

AlZarkovski
10-19-2016, 07:36 AM
Full Solicitations added in first post!

ProphetofGanja
10-19-2016, 07:38 AM
The main TMNTU covers are all so good

Wonder what Wyrm's deal is

spookycookies
10-19-2016, 08:30 AM
Wow looking forward to Wyrm! I wonder which issue will use the art we saw at Comic Con.

ChosenOne
10-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Is that Klunk on the TMNTU RI cover? /wishfulthinking

RaphaelsIsolation
10-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Nice. I love Ross Campbell's artwork.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Wyrm, huh? "The Rot in the Shell?" Cool. No idea what this will be, except giant worm/leech mutant feeding off things (people) in the sewers.

Count me the hell in. :tgrin:

ProphetofGanja
10-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Wyrm, huh? "The Rot in the Shell?" Cool. No idea what this will be, except giant worm/leech mutant feeding off things (people) in the sewers.

Count me the hell in. :tgrin:

Now that I can get a better look on my computer, it looks like Wyrm is a mass of ooze with trash in it or something

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Now that I can get a better look on my computer, it looks like Wyrm is a mass of ooze with trash in it or something

Not ooze, I'm pretty sure he's a tapeworm or leech or some kinda sucky worm. But he's definitely got trash on him, at least for his "eyes." Which is AWESOME. I love this design. Super stoked.

A little unsure of what to make of his giant Harley Hammer, though. :trazz:

ProphetofGanja
10-19-2016, 12:13 PM
Not ooze, I'm pretty sure he's a tapeworm or leech or some kinda sucky worm. But he's definitely got trash on him, at least for his "eyes." Which is AWESOME. I love this design. Super stoked.

A little unsure of what to make of his giant Harley Hammer, though. :trazz:

Ah my bad, I didn't mean like Utrom ooze, just generic muck. What I at first thought was his mouth looks like a circular saw jutting out of his face and there's a mask or something on one of his shoulders. His feet look very strange if he is a worm/leech/some type of parasite mutant. I'm definitely intrigued; IDW has done a fair job of giving their mutants different enough backstories that they don't feel redundant or stale

...in regards to his hammer, based on the RI cover it looks like he already has a reason to hate the Turtles!

MikeandRaph87
10-19-2016, 12:14 PM
I am so glad that they are not going with the cartoonish designs of the last season of Batman:TAS. Yet that would have fit with the Nick TMNT more. Now that we got the visuals and character preferences of Batman I love (Robin/Dick Grayson) they fit better with the Red Sky era 1987 cartoon. Maybe a shaded look with Archie's TMNT Adventures.

A Michelangelo solo story? Michelangelo vs Wrym? I like the prospect of it. I will assume Wyrm is more like his Archie's TMNT Adventures counterpart.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Ah my bad, I didn't mean like Utrom ooze, just generic muck. What I at first thought was his mouth looks like a circular saw jutting out of his face and there's a mask or something on one of his shoulders. His feet look very strange if he is a worm/leech/some type of parasite mutant. I'm definitely intrigued; IDW has done a fair job of giving their mutants different enough backstories that they don't feel redundant or stale

...in regards to his hammer, based on the RI cover it looks like he already has a reason to hate the Turtles!

Well, as far as his feet go... Bludgeon received arms AND legs when he mutated. So yeah, the feet look a little odd, but it's consistent with what we've seen so far.

ProphetofGanja
10-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Well, as far as his feet go... Bludgeon received arms AND legs when he mutated. So yeah, the feet look a little odd, but it's consistent with what we've seen so far.

Yeah, you're right. I guess they just struck me as looking very mammalian in that image

I found this on Turtlepedia; I'd seen it before but forgotten about it, I think it was released after IDW's panel at one of the comic cons this year:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/4/4b/Wyrm_idw.png/revision/latest?cb=20160814224951

Seems like maybe he's a bunch of little mutant worms acting as a single entity, with some type of hive-mind or communal nature

CyberCubed
10-19-2016, 12:51 PM
So is the Wyrm issue a one-part story? Makes me think the next batch of Universe issues will be 1 part each to complete the next trade.

ChosenOne
10-19-2016, 12:59 PM
So is the Wyrm issue a one-part story? Makes me think the next batch of Universe issues will be 1 part each to complete the next trade.

Not saying the Wyrm issue isn't a one-off, but if Universe is sticking to five issues a trade like the main title, wouldn't this be the first issue in the second trade? 'Cause the Hob/Leatherhead issue already closes out the first one.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Not saying the Wyrm issue isn't a one-off, but if Universe is sticking to five trades an issue like the main title, wouldn't this be the first issue in the second trade? 'Cause the Hob/Leatherhead issue already closes out the first one.

It would.

So really, this could be a one-off, a two or three-parter, or a typical four-parter. We'll have to wait and see.

CyberCubed
10-19-2016, 01:07 PM
To be honest I'd prefer if IDW did more one-issue stories. Not every arc needs to be stretched out over 4 issues.

It'd also help give screentime to a lot of underused characters if each issue focuses on someone new. We haven't seen Karai, Koya and Bludgeon in a long time, basically since the end of issue 50. (and yes I know a fantasy of Koya is in the Leo backup).

Seriously, where IS Karai? I know she went to Japan but that was 13 issues ago.

neatoman
10-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Is that Klunk on the TMNTU RI cover? /wishfulthinking

Just asked Bobby, now we play the waiting game.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-19-2016, 01:31 PM
To be honest I'd prefer if IDW did more one-issue stories. Not every arc needs to be stretched out over 4 issues.

It'd also help give screentime to a lot of underused characters if each issue focuses on someone new. We haven't seen Karai, Koya and Bludgeon in a long time, basically since the end of issue 50. (and yes I know a fantasy of Koya is in the Leo backup).

Seriously, where IS Karai? I know she went to Japan but that was 13 issues ago.

Oh hush. Grow up and be patient, man. For someone who's always defending Nick TMNT, you sure whine a lot about IDW TMNT. (A far superior product, IMO)

willtupper
10-19-2016, 03:01 PM
I wonder if the RI cover of TMNT #66 is an homage to the Weeping Angels from the 2007 Doctor Who episode "Blink?"

funatic
10-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Oh man is Nick Pitarra doing interior art on the Wyrm issue, cuz that's about as perfect a match of style and content that I can imagine!

ToTheNines
10-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Man, that Sophie cover (the colored one) is one of the coolest covers in comics history, IMHO. Might get an extra to frame.