PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption 2 announced

The Deadman
10-18-2016, 12:31 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/10/18/red-dead-redemption-2-coming-fall-2017.aspx

We've waited years for Rockstar to announce its first gaming title fully dedicated to the processing power of the current console generation. Today Rockstar revealed Red Dead Redemption 2 is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Fall 2017.

According to the press release, Red Dead Redemption 2 is "an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

"With Red Dead Redemption 2, the team is working hard to push forward our vision for interactive entertainment in a truly living world," said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. "We hope to deliver players an epic experience that builds upon everything we've learned making games."

The trailer is scheduled to go live at 11:00 AM Eastern on Thursday, October 20

TigerClaw
10-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Here's the Trailer

gmA6MrX81z4

TheBlueTurtle1
10-21-2016, 12:53 AM
AMAZING! been waiting years for this.

The Deadman
05-02-2018, 10:06 AM
veSIU5YrmEQ

PApagreg
05-02-2018, 11:09 AM
Still no gameplay footage huh

Andrew NDB
11-30-2020, 09:01 PM
Finally started playing this. The wife has been sucked into it for many, many hours over the last year or so, so #1, I haven't been too bothered to play it because I've seen her play and replay so many parts of the game I've felt like I've already basically experienced the game, and #2, I felt a little leery towards Rockstar after their big promises for lots of DLC for GTA5 were all lies when GTA Online became super profitable... what would stop them from doing the same with RDR2 (kind of seems like that's exactly what's happening, though with RDR2 I don't think they actually promised the DLC this time out)?

Shesus this is a time sink. I don't mean that in a bad way. Hours just fly by while you're horsing around the world. All of the characters are memorable and likeable in their own ways. I can see some spots where there is more the illusion of immersion than the game actually reacting to what you think you're doing, but more often than not I found myself "getting into character" just the same. The camp needs more meat? OK! I'll go hunting. And so on.

Leo656
11-30-2020, 09:20 PM
I think my wife's finally finished with it, so I might be "allowed" to play it, finally. :lol: Looks pretty good. I still haven't played the first one, I'm so far behind.

Andrew NDB
11-30-2020, 09:30 PM
I still haven't played the first one, I'm so far behind.

I'm intentionally not playing the first one until after 2, since the end of 2 rolls right into the beginning of 1. Also, this buys Rockstar some time to come out with a remastered version of 1 using the engine of 2... hopefully they stop dicking around with Red Dead Online long enough to make that happen.

CyberCubed
11-30-2020, 09:33 PM
Oddly enough Red Dead 2 was shorter than the first game. There didn't seem to be as many side activites outside the main story missions, and the story itself seemed a lot shorter...at least to me.

I mean it's still a roughly 50 hour game at the minimum, but as said, the hours seem to fly by when playing it.

Andrew NDB
11-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Oddly enough Red Dead 2 was shorter than the first game. There didn't seem to be as many side activites outside the main story missions, and the story itself seemed a lot shorter...at least to me.

I mean it's still a roughly 50 hour game at the minimum, but as said, the hours seem to fly by when playing it.

If it gives any indication, in a bid to correct and reset my terrible sleep patterns that have developed and wear myself out... last night I played RDR2 beginning at about 10 PM (PST) until approximately 4 PM (PST) the next day (today). That's 18 hours, with only breaks for bathroom and food. Within these 18 hours I made it to about 25.1% completion, according to the saved game. I'm not super into "Let's do ALL the optional mini-quests!" but I did a few here and there. Very little of that was just me dicking around and none of it me wandering aimlessly, though I did spend maybe the first hour or so of "Chapter 2" robbing a lot of people to pay off a bounty I accidentally incurred right off the bat.

Still on "Chapter 2."

CyberCubed
11-30-2020, 09:59 PM
From what I remember the percentage is really random stuff, not even the actual side missions but how many times you did "x" or whatever. Usually after I finish a game I look up a guide online to check all the side missions and see any stuff I might have missed, and there really wasn't that much to do.

My final playtime is 57 hours and I feel like I did everything there is to do besides the random activity stuff that is just endless.

Turo602
11-30-2020, 11:40 PM
I actually recently replayed Red Dead Redemption and finally went for the 100% completion. Just started the 2nd one myself and judging from my current percentage, I feel like it is going to be a shorter story, but I don't think that means the game is shorter by any means. Red Dead Redemption 2 is just so much more immersive because you'll be spending a lot of time just doing survival stuff, and hunting is so much more essential and complex than it was in the first game. Your still running into strangers, encountering random events, treasure hunting, hunting legendary animals, completing challenges, but now there's stuff like collecting cards, finding dinosaur bones and micro managing Arthur, his horse, weapons, and camp.